The Grand Brawl - Round 3: The Battle Complex

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Grand Brawl - Round 3: The Battle Complex

Post  Raya on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 am

To say that Heart was in a bit of a bad mood was an understatement.

His first thought on finding himself in the endless void was that he had been captured. The second was that Arceus had finally called his name. He had a few brief seconds of relief when he realised that neither of these was the case. The relief was quickly replaced by horror, terror, anger and disgust, in that order, as his current form suddenly became apparent. Luckily some power within the void had prevented a fiery freak out. Now, under an alien sky, he took stock of the situation.

Heart dragged himself to his feet, steadying himself against a tree. He appeared to be in a park of some kind. The edges of the park were surrounded in buildings, and from their dark midst came the sounds of war. The park itself was in a state of disarray. Bins had been overturned and several trees were toppled. On the lake the swan boats were on fire.

He looked at the hand against the tree trunk and pulled it back, staring at it. It was a disgusting thing. Fingers, like fat pink maggots, bending in unnatural ways, covered in pale bald skin. He could feel his shaggy hair drifting over his shoulders, and its caress made him shudder. How could mammals cope with such a vile thing slithering over their bodies? In what he guessed was going to become a habit he reached behind him and began fiddling with his tail feathers. Well, at least he could count what blessings he did have. Absently he wondered how on earth he was going to preen without a beak or oil glands. He figured he'd cross that bridge when he came to it.

It took a few seconds and a stumble to learn he didn't need to lean forward quite as much as he used to to walk. As he began making his way towards the city, he felt a distinct pang as he realised he couldn't simply fly out of this mess. His wings had been metaphorically and literally clipped. But what had that being said? If he returned home he would get his old form back. Flight, feathers and definitely, definitely no hair. Although he wasn't fond of killing, he was a creature of rebirth. Death was just part of a cycle. Perhaps there was another way out of this madness. If not, well, fire certainly solved a lot of problems...

He had yet to notice the twinkling red light that skimmed from rooftop to rooftop ahead of him.

Last edited by Raya on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:18 am

"p..please....please dont...nooo"
The cries of the toad fell on deaf ears, as Aidrail sucked out his soul with the Codex. The amplifying could only be done if it was fueled with souls. Luckily, being a demon of his might and skill, sucking out a simple soul was easy if the victim didn't resist. This...thing, whatever it was, had a soul, and a soul is a soul is a soul. Now then. This should be interesting. No doubt his father, Salvator, was one of the organizers of this tournament, He was destined to win. No mortal had the power to defeat a demon, let alone kill one, and he was one of the most powerful ones.
But the contestants did radiate power. Everyone of them had their own bright glow, a fingerprint of might. That could be a way to locate them, to eliminate them all.

But maybe it would be best to forge an alliance first. With someone who's strong and reliable, someone he could betray. Yes, that would be so nice.
Aidrail summoned His weapon Ti'allin, and surged forward, trough the streets. His speed was great for a normal man, but he was by no means as fast as an air mage, or an angel for that matter. Blegh, angels. Aidrail was glad there were no angels in this stupid tournament, he hated them. Humans can be useful, when manipulated properly, but angels are pure and holy, 2 things He just couldn't stand.
With a leap, created with some earth magic, he got on top of a tall building. He opened the codex, chanted for a few seconds and read the pages. This was the mushroom kingdom, and he was on top of a...skyscraper. This thing was certainly high, but the Cloudrunner back home could fly distances 3 times as high as this thing. Absurd world, absurd tournament.

Then he saw it. The ostrich, the animal. Immediately, he resisted using an offensive power, instead, he observed the power surging from it. It would surely notice him, his psychic powers would probably go beserk by the presence of the Codex. Aidrail looked down from the skyscraper, only to see that the bird man was there too. He grinned. These two could provide him with the muscle he needed.

"Zelgius, don't be alarmed. i am not here to fight, just to talk. Can you talk?"

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:33 am

Zelgius looked up in fright.

"where did this guy come from!? Why didn't my warmth detector see this guy approaching!?" he looked trough his bionic eye again and realised this man had no body temprature to be scanned. Zelgius recognised him as the one introduced as Aidrail, son of the demon lord, and this was enough reason to panic.
Trough instinct and telepathy Zelgius had realised there were 4 people he wanted to avoid at all cost. Aidrail and Heart, ancient beings with complex minds, and Zero and the Terrabeing for appearantly having no mind and thus being unpredictable.
While never been exposed to stories or myths of magic, he would have never deemed it possible for a being like this to excist. The book that Aidrail carried in his hand, frightend Zelgius more then anything. Countless tormented voices, human or not, were comming from it. Did this mean he killed indiscriminatly?

Could I get away if I used my bionics at their full capacity? Or does he use some sort of magic to amplify his movements.....Can I get into his mind? Do I dare to? Would he notice? Would he resist me? Zelgius was scratching the roof beneath his feet, frustrated at his dillema. Fighting wasn't a reasonable option, and fleeing could very well sign his sentence.
This is turning into a worst case scenario......

"I understand the human tongue....regretably. But do not expect spoken words from me. I lack what humans call vocal chords. Zelgius moved around nervously. I am willing to......communicate with you, but please seal you're book. The voices comming from it make me...nervous."

Zelgius activated his bionics, ready to make a desperate run should the situation call for it.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:07 am

Aidrail smiled. Some could call it wicked, as it shows his teeth, but for Aidrail this was a smile that said: "everything will be okay"
He closed the codex. It gave a small thump as the metal spikes buried themselves in the book, sealing it.
Excellent, Zelgius was willing to talk. He knew he couldn't stand against the might of the Son of Salvator. All was going according to plan.

"Then please, communicate with me. I am Aidrail, the Son Of Salvator. I am sure that you are capable of packing quite a punch with your telekineses and bionic legs, and i will be honest with you, most of my powers are not very well suited for close combat like this. But if me make an alliance, we could very well survive this. Be real, these are immoral gods who are toying with us, they're not going to let us go home, not even the 'winner'. But a lot of the others wont listen to this logic. Together, we'll destroy them, until we're warped to a place suited for us to live, with either other contestants or just the two of us. Think about it, was your home world very kind to you? You can start anew, so can I. But we cant do it here. Let's work together Zelgius."

this should do the trick just fine. But i should remember this guy has psychic powers, Like Baw'nun of the 15. He could very well read my mind. If he will, i'll have a nasty surprise for him in store, courtesy of Izual Baw'nun, Ruler of True Fear

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:39 am

Sirria blinked at the sudden sense he had - a sense of absence. It was a feeling unlike any he'd felt before, for there is always something. He recalled his captivity on the void and remembered the silver... thing. Zero his name was? Sirria sighed and thought about his situation. It was unlikely, he decied, that he would survive to the end alone - he would need allies. The Demon or the glitch of reality would be ideal, but he'd seen the people who made deals with demons - it never turned out well for the human. And the Glitch probably could not be trusted, at least not until he knew more about it.

"The Void" he whispered "It's as good an ally as any" he knew this to be true - he'd seen a void mage in action on his homeworld, they can get nasty if properly trained. And a creature that was part of teh void would be the be the best trained of all, assuming it had the magic of it's substance.

"But can I take him if things go badly?" Sirria frowned. He wasn't so sure. "Might as well try" he decided, standing up once again.

He took a Deep breath of the air and let it out again. "Time to get searching" He let his body lean forward slowly... and fall off of the building.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:55 am

The koopa and two his friends relaxed, exchanging jokes and chided greetings as they lounged against the wall, the streetlamp, and an empty dumpster respectively. The streets were filled with at heavy feeling and apparent red musk as the sounds of fighting echoed from the distance, and the desperadoes crept along, unsure of even themselves. Even Bowser's goons felt slightly insecure at this hour, growing ever defenseless as the night wore on. The koopa raised an eyebrow at a single toad walking blindly by, staring mindlessly, without giving them second thought. An oddity, but nothing more.

Zero, now identical in appearance to the entity it had encountered earlier, walked amidst the ever-changing nonsense, the void of color that had resolved within itself a floor, a surface on which the nothing now strode. Its body had shrunken slightly, his sleek silver skin resolving itself into pale carapace, his head bulging outward into the same white spherical oddity the beings had sported, replete with the same red spots. The red jacket with gold fringes sported by the toad now was replicated in its entirety upon Zero, as were the white leg-coverings. As the nonbeing moved through the void, colors occasionally beget shapes, and motion stood out as nothing else would amidst the chaos, separated almost entirely from the meaningless surroundings. Vibrations... ...sounds... reverberated through the air, sounds that would to any living being hint at a source of conflict in the distance, but to Zero were merely a cacophony of senseless noise.

As it strode forward, it found its progress quickly impeded. The nonentity continued to move but found no ground to be gained, its front pressed against... ...a solid blot of color. The surface ran perpendicular to the one Zero walked upon, a vertical solid running from the floor up towards the void above. Yet Zero knew not the cessation of motion, and as such continued its fruitless endeavor to essentially walk through the surface.

The koopa gang was now gifted with the sight of a toad walking perpetually into a wall. The lead koopa stood up, entirely quizzical. It readjusted its shell, hoisted its trusty crowbar over a shoulder, and approached.

"Oy, toadie, quit walking into walls and get over here. You drunk or somethin?" he said, "Time to pay your dues."

As the words reached the nonentity through the entropy, Zero stopped. It turned, observing the shelled creature before it. The Koopa and the nonentity stared into each other for a moment, one curious and slightly taken aback, the other simply watching, emotionless. Then the look on the Koopa's face turned to one of anger, although to Zero this meant nothing.

"You listening to me?"

No response. The words reverberated through the chaos, the void that had resolved itself into the floor, the vertical barrier... ...the wall, and the shelled entities before that stood before the living yet nonliving Zero.

The Koopa snarled, swinging his crowbar in an arc and catching the unmoving Zero in the shoulder.

A new sense arced through the void, not one of vision or sound, but rather a feeling of rending, of smashing and disfiguring, a feeling of pain. Zero stood in place, unmoving. The Koopa stepped back, lowering his crowbar, his visage of anger fading into discomfort and finally one of fear as it saw the blank look on the toad's eyes, a look that should be one of pain. Zero spoke, a single phrase that seemed to be one with its existance, one that it had known since its inception.

And the Koopa gang turned and fled. Zero was alone, unquestioning, stoic. The void was slightly clearer now, as Zero recognized both the floor beneath its feet and the walls beside it.

A single Koopa left the alleyway; the nonentity resumed its wandering journey through the void of irrelevant color and light.

Last edited by Quaetman on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:11 am

The Terrabeings code came together in a area that looked like a car parking lot. "ERROR: Original targets not found. Location: Unknown." As it started moving though the building a mugger jumped out in front of it. "Give me your mo......What....What is this thing!?" The common mugger said with surprise. "Bug found (1): Copying data.....Create: Crazed dogs (4)" 4 Dogs materialize in front of the Terrabeing. Just as soon as they appear they rush the mugger.

As he starts to run from the beats he thinks for a slight moment that he can get away though the door. But the dogs. Hungry for the muggers flesh. Were not to be denied. As one of the 4 dogs leaped up onto him knocking him down. Soon to be surrounded by the dogs. As they start to bite and rip his flesh. Screams can be heard flooding the area.

The Terrabeing seeing this is not effected by this in the slightest. Simply moving passed his now pool of blood and ripped flesh to get to the top of the parking lot as if nothing is there. "Bug: Deleted(1)"

When the Terrabeing finally gets to the top he scans the city. "Loading anti virus.....Start virus scan. VIRUS FOUND(10): Options: []Find viruses []Find viruses and quarantine them [X]Find Viruses and delete them. Start clean up. Copy data from memory banks. Creating one known as Zero(1)......Creation complete." As Zeros copy materializes the Terrabeing gives him his orders. "Search for Viruses (1-9). Avoid Virus(10) at all cost. When you find one. Form a team. When the time arises. Delete him. End orders." As soon as The Terrabeing finishes his sentence Copy Zero runs and jumps from the roof to look for the others.

Spoiler:
Just to let you know since there may be some confusion Copy Zero has none of zeros powers.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:39 am

A lot of animals take beared teeth as a sign of intimidation. And even though Zelgius had lived with humans long enough to understand they had a diffrent meaning, this being in front of him woke all his primal fears. The man seemed more evil then any human Zelgius had encountered before, and even his smile filled Zelgius with terror.

The moment Aidrail mentioned he was unsuited for close combat, Zelgius felt a strong urge to kick him where it hurts and make a run for it, but he resisted the urge. This man offered him an alliance.

Zelgius grew quiet when the man finished talking. Even though unaware of how making deals work in the demon realms, Zelgius had a growing feeling that if he'd accept the alliance he'd be backstabbed before reaching the end. This being must be incapable of honesty, he just radiates a evil feeling. But the demon also seemed a little impatient......Zelgius needed more time.

"The world I grew up in was one manefactured and ruined by humans. I am not picky as to where I should settle down, as long as I dont need to get in contact with humans..."
Zelgius activated his bionic eye and peered in the distance. "Hold on Aidrail....I think someone is trying to follow our conversation..." Zelgius informed him. Aidrail merely cocked his head with a expression of slight disbelief, but he seemed to buy it for now.

A Ostrich and a Demon....thats rich.....Can I use him? Will he jeopardise my chances of survival?......Yes, Hell yes he will. His entire being make my feathers shiver. Can I turn him down?..... Doubtfull. Worst case scenario; I actually become ostrich beef....

Zelgius turned to Aidrail. He had come to a conclusion. "I think we're clear.....Very well, child of demons. An alliance sounds like a good measure to increase our chances of survival. But if you dont mind, I prefer to walk alone.....Your presence as well as your humanoid appearance make me feel.....uneasy. Should you need me, just open your book......My powers go into a frenzy when that....thing is active. Should I need you're help....you'll hear me like you do now."

Zelgius sprinted over the roof and jumped away as far as he could, to get out of sight from Aidrail.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:42 am

Spoiler:
I have no problem with that, Viero. Also, because it could be confusing for some people, the abstract perspective displayed by Zero (seeing the surroundings as a void of meaningless, incongruous colors), is a reflection on how it can't process anything it sees yet. It doesn't see alleyways, buildings, stars. It sees simply colors and shapes, none of which seem solid, the only sense of depth coming from its cross vision like a normal human, but even that not being entirely processable. Motion helps to bring things into focus, as it separates moving entities from the surroundings and can help to register solidity. Hope that helps.

Also, I wonder what will happen if Zelgius meets the Butchers.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:02 am

Spoiler:
I see that it is a bit confusing. So this is a list of who is what number virus

Ansem - Aidreil----1
hudsonboy111 - Jak----2
PerryThePlatypus - Takuma Yamauchi----3
King Avalanche - Zelgius II----4
TheTJ - Neil Marando----5
Raya - Heart-----6
queen_camilla - "Evangeline"----7
SuicideAngel - Sirria-----8
td260 - Keith-----9
Quaetam - Zero----10

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Spoiler:
OOC: Before any confusion, Takuma Yamauchi is the full name. His first name is just Takuma... not that you'd need to use it anyhow, except for descriptions... seeing calling him it won't work much :p

It was just a peacefull day in Takuma's hometown. The sun was shining, a soft breeze blew and the birds chirped. Though the last didn't exactly count for takuma, as where the birds called out to eachother, they did not reach Takuma's ears....Nothing ever did.
Inside the shed outside his masters mansion, Takuma was focusing on touching up his masters sword. The hours of training several days had blunted the edge and left scratches and dents on the once polished blade. Master never really wanted Takuma to handle any swords, but Takuma seemed to be drawn to them. So since he wasn't allowed to train, he made it his job to observe and keep the swords in perfect shape. With no sounds to distract him, Takuma could concentrate immensely on any task handed to him.

He was just applying the finishing touches and sheathed the sword. Feeling the click in the sheathe as the sword latched itself, he stood up walked out of the shed. He looked out the door he was walking too, seeing the warm sun shine. He was excited to show the master his work and hurried forward.
Yet instead of the warming welcome of the sunshine, Takuma stepped into a cold absent void. It was dark.... dark and empty. He couldn't see anything, feel anything...

Panicked, Takuma fell through his legs. Had his nightmare come true? Did he really lose all of his leftover senses?....
Suddenly something resonated within his head... he could... hear?... No it was different. His master had done this too sometimes. Telekinesis. Talking directly into his mind. Takuma didn't like it. It disrupted his thinking, his focus... And right now it only fed his anxiety.

'Tournament? Killing? Death?....home?, he only caught on few of the words. Especially the last one. He just wanted to go home, he didn't ask for any of this.
One by one spot lights dropped, revealing all kinds of scary looking people and... creatures.
Takuma could barely follow it all. And before he knew, the light that spotted him shone even brighter than before and solid ground formed beneath him. Looking down, he could see the concrete floor he was placed on. The light shining from above held up by a large steel construction. He grasped around him, making sure he was on solid ground and looked around. Master's sword was on his right, and he quickly got a hold of it and kept it close.
He felt anxious...unsafe... He was completely in the open, with loads of metal constructions on strange black wheels. it seemed familliar to the construction sites they had at home, only much more bulkier and way bigger.
He crawled to his feet, holding the sword close.

What was this place... It was all so somber and gray. cold and void of joy...
Holding tightly on the sword, his only reminisence to his home, he walked to the wall surrounding the construction site trying to find a place for him to get out of here...

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Spoiler:
Hey, viero, just wondering, are these copies also just data given a physical form? And are they just lookalikes, or are they the same fighting style, or what?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Where the Hell am I?

Jak had woken up in an large room. He walked around and noticed beds, many beds, all torn and messy. He entered the next room; a beat-up kitchen. An eerie feeling fell over Jak. He was in an old orphanage. Jak suddenly clutched his head, trying to get the terrifying memories out. He ran for the door and made it out barely alive, it seemed.

Once outside of that evil place, Jak found himself wandering down an alleyway. His only company was a strange man who seemed to be living in a box. What the fuck? thought Jak as he approached him:

"Who are you? Where am I? And what's this 'box' all about?"

"I am Snake. Solid Snake. A washed-up war hero, who's met his maker. And this? This is the Mushroom Kingdom. It wasn't always like this. The princess used to be an idol, the plumber-"

"-I'M NOT A PLUMBER!" interjected a strange voice bearing an italian accent.

"The man in red," continued Snake, " was a savior, but now, he's a got a fucking army."

"And what about your box?" inquired Jak.

"What's it to ya?!"

Jak shook his head at the man, ran off into the streets as Snake flipped him off. The Mushroom Kingdom, eh? I could find water, food, and shelter easy enough. But I'd have to face the others. I could fight them, or befriend them for now. There's no need to kill till I'm the final one. The mercenary would probably know what he's doing. And an ally would be ever more helpful in this "Game"... but is it really a game? Who is the Minister? Why does he want to watch us, with little to nothing in common, fight? Surely there must be a way to defy him. If only I could figure it out...

Last edited by hudsonboy111 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tense difficulties)

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Spoiler:
They are just data. Also how long dose a round usually last?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Spoiler:
till everyone gets tired of the current one, I suppose

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:37 pm

"Good. We'll be in touch."

Aidrail's smile got bigger, turning into a menacing grin. The ostrich was his already. Now on to the next target. The birdman, who was standing right below him. He was supposed to be pretty angry at the so called 'minister' for making him humaniod. An angry man is always an easy target to be manipulated. Now then, a subtle aproach, or just plain and simple. Let's go with plain and simple, for once.

With a slight leap, Aidrail jumped off the building and landed a few feet away from Heart. With a smile, he dismissed his weapon and held out the now empty hand, as a greeting.

"Hello there, Heart wasn't it. My name is Aidrail. Let's talk."

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Viero wrote:
Spoiler:
They are just data. Also how long dose a round usually last?

Spoiler:
Well the original one of these had 8 players and lasted one year. However there was lots of inactivity and slowdown later on and I imagine we could easily manage faster than that even with 11. I'd say somewhere around 3-4 weeks for each round but really it depends on the pace that you guys are moving. Once I feel you've sufficiently explored this round and things are getting close to their climax I'll send out the death notice and hopefully have the round end within a week or so.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Keith walked the streets, as a heavy drizzle drenched the street and made the entire world bleak. A single line kept running through his head- a song from long ago, from a world he may not return from.
I walk these empty streets, on the boulevard of broken dreams...
He could feel the sadness of the city. Feel the hurt, the anger, oozing from every building around him. Years of using his mind to affect machines allowed him to feel empathy for creatures too, disassembling their soul in his mind, feeling their hurt, the same way he felt shorts in a circuit. As he wandered, his mind turned to the other contestants in this cruel game.
Am I really going to have to fight these people? Most of them seemed decent. The same situation as I've been put into. Poor innocents, thrust into a world where they must kill or be killed. I can't kill a fly, much less another person. Especially girls. Like that one girl... The... clone, was it? I could see the hurt in her eyes... see the pain she's been through. Nothing wrong with a clone, they're people like the rest of us. Why can't anybody else see that? why must they be treated seperately from us all? They ARE us, just with a few tweaks. Without mutations, we would not exist. and what is a modified clone, but a forced mutation? And that bird fellow... what's it's problem? all I could feel was an immense wall of sadness and bitterness... What a life they must have led, to end up like that...
Stopping outside of a bar, Keith realized he was soaking wet.
"I should probably find a place to dry off..."
he walked into the bar, and the rain kept falling outside...
And that demon... ugh... I don't want to run into him. If I have to kill anyone, he's topping my list. I felt nothing, probably since he has no soul.
He walked over to the bar, and ordered a drink, then sat down, lost in thought.
Everything has a soul. computers have one, of sorts, full of numbers, and electricity. He... he is a void. He is what souls disappear into. He is death incarnate. The other soulless... well, there is the data, which is weird. I'm going to have to beef up my security, or he may try to hack me. And the "slate"? truly blank. but not evil, not dark like the demon. just... blank. as though he has no clue what reality is.
As he sat there, he paid no attention to the slim blonde in a blue jumpsuit on stage. He sat there, looking into his glass. Finally, he threw some money down onto the table, and left to go stand outside. The rain had stopped, leaving the street wet. the night was dull. Any stars there were were shrouded by smog, and the smoke from riot fires.
"What a place to end up. Perfect, really. A game of death, and anger, in a city embroiled in a struggle of rage and pain. Heh. I'd better start looking for others. If only to find out what their plan is. I won't attack them, not yet. Only if they attack first... "

With that thought, he trudged off into the night, thoughts heavy on his mind, and the city's pain like a lead weight on his heart.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Air blasted around him as he landed, cushioning the landing. Sirria stood in the center of a street, the stone of it cracked and depressed around him where teh air had compressed and become half solid. He noticed people staring but he ignored them - they were no threat and it wasn't in his nature to kill random bystanders. Walking off he closed his eyes. In his mind he could sense the magic and power of the other contestants. Not all of them of course, which annoyed him somewhat, only the demon, the void, and the ostrich. It amazed him when he thought of the other contestants and their skills. The technopath (whatever that was) seemed like he might be able to handle himself, but the deaf kid seemed an odd choice, unless their host enjoyed seeing weaklings struggle. Of course he could have misread his abilities altogether, even years of experience isn't perfect. The glitch was the oddest of the lot - a mistake of reality, anything could be expected of it. On the bright side the fact of its existance almost guaranteed it would be alone and unallied with the others. The demon would hold few secrets - demons were power hungry and devious, it almost certainly began making pacts with the others as soon as it could. He felt little pity for any who failed to read the fine print in those deals. The others were too unknown - the legend bound to human form, the psionic ostrich, all of the other humans... too many unknowns. He continued to wander, and ponder. It was far too early to make an attacking move, that much was for certain, but what to do, what to do...

He stopped suddenly and his head snapped to his left. A turtle-like humanoid walked across the street, but the turtle had magic. The Turtle had the Void. He hesitated - should he approach? Would it even understand him? He steeled himself. Risks had to be taken, and this creature would be a powerful ally. He readied defenses to be raised and approached. On a whim he spoke in the language of the Elementals, Primordial. "Voidling, Zero was it? Would you grant me an audience for a civil discussion of things to come?"

Spoiler:
My character is actually my D&D character with more magic control because magic is cool Cool I'll be using D&D terms for the most part in my posts (i.e. Psionic as opposed to the standard use of psychic) Also is talking with other players about teh game alright? To discuss character control, interaction, ect?

Last edited by SuicideAngel on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Continuity edit)

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Spoiler:
Of course it is, feel free to discuss things with each other and make schemes together as much as you like.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Spoiler:
You know who ansem's character reminds me of? that guy from Doctor who Season 2 Episodes 8 and 9, The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit.
this guy.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Spoiler:
I remember that episode, it was a good one =) I saw the 1st-4th seasons and I'm a fanboy now xD waiting on 5th season from library now. I was gunna make a Time Lord character but it seemed too fanboyish ._. I might make one for teh next game if this turns out to be a permanent new game =) I'm really enjoying it so far Weld!

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Spoiler:
Those two and season 3 are my favorites.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:08 pm

As the Zero clone hits the ground he leaps onto another building jumping from roof to roof in search of any of the 9 open viruses. After some time passed he finds Virus number 9. The one known as Keith. As soon as Zero Clone gets positioned correctly he jumps down in front of Keith spooking him.

"Halt! Sorry if I may have startled you. But I have a deal I would like to offer you. You see. A member of a team I started sees grate potential coming from you. Your superior technology would be a great help to us. You never know who might pop up in this. A Demon Lord who steals peoples souls, A glitch of some kind who's powers are still unknown to us. Even a robotic bird thing. All of them are freaks that must be terminated. So, do we have a deal?...."

As The Zero clone was working on teaming up with the viruses. The Terrabeing was spending the time on the roof of the parking lot. "Estimated Time of Clean up: Months (10).......Booting up over drive.....Loading.....Loading......Target Acquired: Seek out Virus 1 [Aidreil] Target Objective: Option 1. Become partner. If failure occurs. Option 2. Delete virus 1."

As The Terrabeing finishes his plan he starts to move to the inner parts of the city to start his scan of Virus 1. Other wise known as the Demon Lord, Aidreil.

Spoiler:

I got to say I fucking love writing the lines for a glitch in reality. Really fun so far. Smile I see why Avalanche loves writing so much. lol

Last edited by Viero on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:19 pm

Spoiler:
Continuity error, Suicide: Zero looks like a Koopa right now. And my one problem with how you found Zero was that it makes its shapeshifting essentially useless. Other than that, see my PM.

Beyond this, I have major internet problems this week (see The Whatever Thread), so if possible I'd like to keep character interaction with Zero a little low for now, merely because I can essentially only post at this time of night or in the morning and school starts Wednesday. With luck I'll be at full functionality by Friday, though I can't say luck has favored me in the past, like, evar. It does also surprise me that the Terrabeing seeks anything less than complete eradication of the 'viruses'. Never seen a computer program cooperate before. Your call though, I'm just giving feedback.

Also, guys, trust me when I say it helps to use [color=black] in all your spoilers Wink.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top