Mafia Game 9: Mafia at the AniCon

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 9: Mafia at the AniCon

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:35 am

There is a chance,that he really is the cop.I'd like to hear his response first.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:03 am

Fedaykin wrote:There is a chance,that he really is the cop.I'd like to hear his response first.

Again, if he really is the cop, it is a horrible move to claim it on the second day

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:04 am

maybe Weldar's the Bomb and wants the Mafia to attempt to kill him

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:16 am

War,it really would be.As we all know,Weldar is one hell of a player,there must be something more to it.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:33 am

Honestly, Weldar is a smart player, I think he knows exactly what he's doing right now. The question is, is he with us, or against us?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:36 am

Minby_Aran wrote:Honestly, Weldar is a smart player, I think he knows exactly what he's doing right now. The question is, is he with us, or against us?

I just had to

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:44 am

we know....we know...

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:46 am

Dude, Weldar. I've been in EXACTLY that position last game, and I know how it feels when the rest of the townies bullshit around too much, pointing random fingers of suspision while you know whats going on but don't want to show your ace yet. Its pretty damn frustrating.

So I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Just remember, that if Feday is innocent, its your ass.

vote: Fedaykin

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:47 am

double post to avoid confusion before it starts:

I dont think Weldar is the cop. But I think his role might allow him to stay in contact with, or something.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:52 am

What bothers me most about Weldar's statement is that he says he's not 100% sure. How does he know he might not be correct? And why bring it up out of the blue if he wasn't sure?

FoS: Weldar

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Now that I am no longer sick and can think clear I am going to start this now.

Omicron Austin wrote:I have an idea!

This is the mafia game of mafia games; there is no mafia. It's all about the paranoia; we're going to be lynching random people for no reason and killing ourselves off with townies that have night kill powers.

But in all seriousness, I'm not mafia, I'm a townie. That is my reason for you all to not lynch me.

VOTE: Perry

Because somebody already voted for him, and that makes it less likely for me to get lynched. Because I don't want to be lynched. Because I'm innocent.

VOTE:Omicron Austin

Claiming innocent is what got me killed when I was mafia one or two games so paying close attention to people doing that. He even did it a second time in 1 post. Along with bandwagon someone when he has only 2 votes on him so far. Following that logic Omicron should be mafia.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Omi, Weldar, and Fed. They are under spotlight.

I say we kill Weld or fed, it declares the innocence of the other one FOR THE TIME BEING.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 pm

More votes for Omi? And because he claimed innocence no less. That's a silly accusation to make. "oh hey guys, I'm innocent, gotta believe me." Sure, I'll admit, that alone is a pretty weak attempt at defending yourself, but honestly. What, your defense is gonna be "I'm a mafia, don't vote on me"? That would be anti-productive from a mafian standpoint, so it's pretty lame to vote on someone just for claiming innocent.

Why are you voting on Weldar, for that matter? All he's doing is taking a high risk high reward move. Sure it's a gutsy move, quite possibly a bad one, but I wouldn't fault him for it. If he does indeed turn out to be a cop, give him a day phase or two. Should he actually be a cop, we'll be able to tell if he's paranoid or not by if every scan turns out to be a mafian or not. If he proves to not be paranoid, it might just be a good idea to go with what he says, and an even better idea for us to keep him alive.

BTW: what happens on a tie? no one gets lynched?

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:50 pm

calling it now. Weldar is the jester and knew people would jump him when he came out like this.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Relmitos wrote:More votes for Omi? And because he claimed innocence no less. That's a silly accusation to make. "oh hey guys, I'm innocent, gotta believe me." Sure, I'll admit, that alone is a pretty weak attempt at defending yourself, but honestly. What, your defense is gonna be "I'm a mafia, don't vote on me"? That would be anti-productive from a mafian standpoint, so it's pretty lame to vote on someone just for claiming innocent.

Why are you voting on Weldar, for that matter? All he's doing is taking a high risk high reward move. Sure it's a gutsy move, quite possibly a bad one, but I wouldn't fault him for it. If he does indeed turn out to be a cop, give him a day phase or two. Should he actually be a cop, we'll be able to tell if he's paranoid or not by if every scan turns out to be a mafian or not. If he proves to not be paranoid, it might just be a good idea to go with what he says, and an even better idea for us to keep him alive.

BTW: what happens on a tie? no one gets lynched?

Do you remember when Snake did the same thing to me and I ended up being mafia? Ya. Omicron did it 2 times none the less in the same post.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:58 pm

King Avachamp7 wrote:calling it now. Weldar is the jester and knew people would jump him when he came out like this.

Shocked

That's a good point.

To be perfectly honest I'm not 100% certain of anybody's guilt, but the phase will end whilst I'm asleep so...

Vote: Omicron

He hasn't been playing like he normally does, got a bit defensive when voted for and hasn't given any arguments beyond repeating that he's innocent. He's surprisingly jumpy in this game...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:59 pm

sorry i haven't been on. crazy college is crazy. i agree weldar looks rather suspicious for that, but killing feday may be our best option. if he's a townie then we know who to get next
vote:feday
also i agree omi is being rather suspicious and overly defensive. then again people thought that of me last game. for now FOS:omi

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Be that as it may, by that logic everyone is mafia. Just because they haven't come out and said it yet, doesn't mean they aren't thinking "I'm innocent", regardless.

Ninja'd: I still say that's a funny reason for voting on him, but do as you like, I s'pose.

Double Ninja'd: Back on Feday again, because of a random claim that anyone could've done? Bah, that's nonsense, I say.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:10 pm

im just gonna 'slither' out of my 'box' here and say that i change my vote for Fedayakin, seeing as Weldar is an awesome guy who's super cool and doesnt afraid of anything.

If he's innocent, imma gonna kill yo ass dead.

Also, Texas rules y'all. FUCK SHIT pancake, i like to drink.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:10 pm

double post, derp a herp herp

Change vote: fedayakin

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Hmm, I wonder what Ansem is leading us to believe...
That might have worked in a forum themed game >_>

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:26 pm

King Avachamp7 wrote:calling it now. Weldar is the jester and knew people would jump him when he came out like this.

Oh shit, fair point.

Unvote: Weldar
Vote: Omicron Austin

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:51 pm

AnsemDABROCHAMP wrote:
If he's innocent, imma gonna kill yo ass dead.

King Avachamp7 wrote:
So I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Just remember, that if Feday is innocent, its your ass.

Whoa now people, don't be like that. Like I said I'm not that sure about this info myself, not enough to risk my life on it, he very well may still be innocent I just feel considering it's only day 2 it's enough that this may be a lead worth following.

I'll say this now, I am not the cop. However I did get to use a cop scan last night, the thing is my actions have a success rate based on a certain variable and last night it was quite low. I chose to scan Fed as a pretty random pick/since he scanned me last game not really expecting anything to actually happen but apparently I got lucky and returned a result that he's mafia, However like I said I had a low chance of success that night so it may be possible my action might have "failed" by having it return a false result, that's why I'm not 100% sure. Like I said I'm not a cop and I'll never be able to perform another scan again, so I can't wait until I have more scans to test their reliability, I figured I may as well come forward with this since while it's not 100% definite info it's still something that may be worth thinking about.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:53 pm

I actually believe Weldar is innocent this game, or at least not mafia. Look at what has been happening these past two dayphases. Sporadic accusations, random votes and pressure on various players, with only a couple minor reactions. In some cases, I've found peoples' reactions to be quite illuminating, but often everything has been light and nearly jesting. Then, following a night without kills, the same thing continues, with several people already going on about having nothing to follow up on (though I would disagree). This is the kind of chaos a mafia thrives in, though the lack of kills is a notable setback A lot of relative muddle with a few major suspects (Omicron and Perry, and even hudson if you count the slim evidence against him), all of whom could be used as easy scapegoats. Any way you spin the situation, it's pretty good for any resourceful mob player.

So, with that in mind, Weldar's accusation isn't vindictive of his innocence, but certainly seems to point in that direction. Think: The situation right now is quite desirable to the mob, there are obvious possible scapegoats, and yet Weldar comes out with possible evidence against Fedaykin, a player who has been mostly out of the limelight until now? If he were mafia, this would be a bad move. Any good cop would be all too happy to counterclaim if it would help bring down a mafian, even this early in the game, especially because that would give the doctor an incredibly obvious protection target. Not to mention a player who has traditionally been mafia, like Weldar, has little reason to bring attention onto himself now unless he wants votes, as indicated by the level of suspicion he has attained. More on that later, but a mafian would be more content to bide his time for at least this chaotic dayphase and go after the targets with evidence already amounted against them. If he's a detection role as he claims, I think now would be the perfect time to get attention onto a possible target, as doing so can bring help to focus the town as well as gauge peoples' reactions. I can see leads this dayphase, but the fact of the matter is a lot of the game has been relative silliness and chaos. If Weldar speaks the truth, as I believe he is, he made a move that he believed could help the town get on track by trying to get out the info he knows and perhaps make this game more organized and less sporadic.

As for the unreliability, Avalanche, I beat you to that calling out Razz But I don't think he's a jester anymore, based on his calling Fed out: Rather, I think he's likely a danger enthusiast, hence his power's reliability depends on the number of votes he receives. The reasoning: In my post on the page linked above, when I suggested Weldar seemed to be arguing against himself as a possible sneaky jester strategy, I still find that odd, and wouldn't be surprised if he wanted votes but still was wary that he could be lynched, hence the subtlety. This theory is vague, but if correct would make sense. He received almost no votes if any day 1, so his power would probably not be too successful, as he would be aware.

That said, I don't know for sure what is up with Weldar but believe him to be innocent, and because of my danger enthusiast theory, I think there's a good chance Fedaykin could be innocent as well, or at least that any scan was unreliable, so I want to hold off on Fed. So my attention now returns to Omicron. He reacted well when I called him out Day 1 for his pattern break (see the above link), but his day 2 actions are what brings him back under my gaze. As several of you have pointed out, he's been over-defensive, insisting on his innocence without offering any suspicions of his own and moreover voting for Perry to defend himself instead of hudsonboy, who had a better shot of being lynched. It is this later action I want to examine. See, Perry himself acted awfully defensive Day 1, playing the newb card and reacting to any random votes against him. I'd initially dismissed this as just being new to the game, but today made me reconsider. Say he got a mafia role: Omicron could have conveniently put his 'random' vote on a fellow mafia player hoping Perry would be lynched, turn up guilty, and then he himself appear innocent. I am going to Vote: Omicron. If Omicron is guilty, there's a good chance Perry is as well.

EDIT: An Australian Ninja just helped a lot here.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:54 pm

suspicious Avalanche is suspicious of you Shocked

EDIT: and least you got notified you got ninja'd smash. now it looks like I am suspicious of Q. I mean that guy. that guy above him

Last edited by King Avachamp7 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top