2 Years of TWBB!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 Years of TWBB!

Post  SurgePox on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 am

Where does the time go? For anyone keeping track, today marks the second anniversary since the premiere of Episode 1 of TWBB, and, more relevantly, the launching of the forums! It's been a blast kicking it with you guys for almost two years now, and I am joyed to see the forum community grow into what it has this long after the end of the series, instead of stagnating, as I'd predicted.

It's been a rad two years, lets make it two more!

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Years of TWBB!

Post  TheTJ on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 am

Hey cool!

Happy anniversary everyone!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 am

Didn't even notice......where does the time go......Aaah, I remember being a newbie here, in search of the second episode........good times.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:11 am

Let's have a moment of silence for those who have not made it to this day:

Gorblax
Pure_Awesome
Eiron
Neko_Sempai

And to those who I can't think of at the moment.

It's been a blast and here's to another 2 more years of my iron fist modding Razz

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:20 am

I can't remember what it was like when I joined, but I know I've more than made my mark here Wink

Maybe I'll reopen my sig shop for a bit, we'll see

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 am

SurgePox wrote:It's been a rad two years, lets make it many more!

Fix'd. Razz

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:52 am

epic.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:55 am

Lets see I joined this forum after Episode 3...I think. so I think i have been here a while. I think I caught one or two post by Pure awesome...or Gorblax I don't remember any more.

Internet points to whoever can guess what my original avatar was on here.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 am

DRTJR wrote:Lets see I joined this forum after Episode 3...I think. so I think i have been here a while. I think I caught one or two post by Pure awesome...or Gorblax I don't remember any more.

Internet points to whoever can guess what my original avatar was on here.

you mean there was a time you didnt have Vaati?.........everything I've ever known has been a lie

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:12 am

DRTJR wrote:Lets see I joined this forum after Episode 3...I think. so I think i have been here a while. I think I caught one or two post by Pure awesome...or Gorblax I don't remember any more.

pure's last post was only a day after ep 2 went live.

Also, it's been fun ruling over the forums for almost this long. :B

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:29 am

You know,I'm not really that forum-person.But this one,I keep coming back.This here is a special place.At this point,I'm more grateful to Matt and Zach to create this forum than creating TWBB itself(I know,there wouldn't be the one without the other,but I hope you see my point).

2 years more? Make it 20.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Wow ... 2 years already? Damn!

I remember getting here between episode 1 and 2. Oh god I wish I could remember all the theories we came up with. That was half the fun of the series... just trying to figure out what was gonna happen next (and usually being wrong Laughing )

I still find it amazing that I met the guys at MAGfest, and of course, watched the final episode with a crowd of nearly 100. The reaction of that night being "FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU--".

I've been not as active for quite a while, but I'm not going away just yet Wink I still keep looking here every day. What a Face

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Raya wrote:'sup everyone, I'm Lynz, another attendee from Ayacon here! I've been meaning to join the forums for ages but I'm a lazy ass. But watching the marathon of Brawl at the con, and meeting the simply lovely Matt, finally persuaded me. So, hello all!

*highfives Ayizkitt*

2 years? I can't believe it. Then again it seems like only yesterday when I first signed up. I remember worrying about what first impression I was giving out Laughing

Seriously guys, I do love ya. For saying how long I've been on the internet there's precious few places that I actually called home, and this is one of them. I love your zany antics, and I've spent many a dull shift/long journey wondering what you're getting up to. I really hope I get to meet some of you in the flesh at some point. Maybe once I finally get enough money to achieve my dream of travelling across America, heh.

Here's to many more years to come!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:25 pm

We could arrange a European TWBB-forum-party or such.Best place for everyone would be the netherlands,right? TWBB and netherweed,perfect mix Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Someday I will be travelling....so I hope to see all of you someday...well except Fobbs cuz he likes dix P

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Fedaykin wrote:We could arrange a European TWBB-forum-party or such.Best place for everyone would be the netherlands,right? TWBB and netherweed,perfect mix Razz

Y'know, I just looked it up and it's only about £80 for a return flight from here to the Netherlands. I can easily manage that. Hmm.

Actually, come to think of it, Avalanche, a few months back you mentioned considering going to this year's anime con, but the tickets were sold out. Still thinking about coming next year?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Raya wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:We could arrange a European TWBB-forum-party or such.Best place for everyone would be the netherlands,right? TWBB and netherweed,perfect mix Razz

Y'know, I just looked it up and it's only about £80 for a return flight from here to the Netherlands. I can easily manage that. Hmm.

Actually, come to think of it, Avalanche, a few months back you mentioned considering going to this year's anime con, but the tickets were sold out. Still thinking about coming next year?

If I manage to scrap the money together it sounds fun Razz though I'll need a place to crash, or find a cheap hotel thingie.

Last edited by King Avalanche on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 pm

I was gonna say something along the lines of "Wow, I can't believe it's been two years already", but then I realized it's been less than one year for me... I joined some time after episode 9 was released...

Anyway, happy anniversary, everyone! Very Happy

I'd probably be up for a Euro-TWBB-party in the Netherlands, but I think I'll pass on the weed... Y'know, considering I'm straight edge. Razz

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:55 pm

King Avalanche wrote:
If I manage to scrap the money together it sounds fun Razz though I'll need a place to crash, or find a cheap hotel thingie.

Registrations are open if you're interested. It's £45 for the entire three days.

As for a place to stay, you'll probably want to book onsite accommodation, since if you don't have access to a car it'll be a bit awkward for you to stay further afield. I'm staying a few miles away in the same hotel I did last time- it was bloody nice there and very cheap. If you stopped in the same place I'd be happy to give you lifts to and fro, but the problem is you'd only get to go back to the hotel when I wanted to Razz

Late Rooms is a good site for finding cheap places to stop. Of course, if I manage to get a house near there in the meantime you can crash on my sofa Very Happy

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Two years, what. I joined this place during February '09, so I've been here for most of the time. Also, I was either the first or second European here. Achievements, whee.

Really, I don't know what to add here. This is an awesome place, one of the two forums I visit every day. If someone asked me now why I keep visiting this site, oddly enough There Will Be Brawl the show itself wouldn't really come to my mind anytime soon. Sure, Matt, Zach and rest of the team are gods for creating the greatness that is TWBB, but they probably never realized that creating a forum for it would bring so much joy to so many people.

So basically, you're all great. Never change.

Also, for nostalgia value I did some digging to uncover how horrible my first post was.

It's not as bad as I'd have thought, I'll give you that.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:09 pm

I need to check up to see how much it is for a flight from here to Europe.

EDIT: Sweet! A trip to Europe is only $1000

Last edited by Viero on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Raya wrote:
King Avalanche wrote:

Registrations are open if you're interested. It's £45 for the entire three days.

As for a place to stay, you'll probably want to book onsite accommodation, since if you don't have access to a car it'll be a bit awkward for you to stay further afield. I'm staying a few miles away in the same hotel I did last time- it was bloody nice there and very cheap. If you stopped in the same place I'd be happy to give you lifts to and fro, but the problem is you'd only get to go back to the hotel when I wanted to Razz

I'll probably be able to manage with that Razz probably.....I dont know if you have a particular habbit of going back at the late houres, or before it really gets started.

Also registrations already open? I thought the bloody thing was in june or july or something O.o why yes I have little con experience to go on. how did you guess

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:26 pm

King Avalanche wrote:[
I'll probably be able to manage with that Razz probably.....I dont know if you have a particular habbit of going back at the late houres, or before it really gets started.

Also registrations already open? I thought the bloody thing was in june or july or something O.o why yes I have little con experience to go on. how did you guess

Depends what's going on in the night/morning after. Usually it's after midnight I head back.

And yup, registrations are open! Every year at the closing ceremony they announce what next year's con will be and where, and this year, when they revealed it, they casually mentioned that registrations were open. It knocked us all for six, for saying they generally don't open until January. You could collectively hear heads exploding in the room. We checked the website right after the ceremony and 40 places were gone already Laughing

Ame/Ayacon are the two biggest cons in the UK, so they tend to open registrations a fair way before the con itself.

We need to persuade Matt to come back this year. He was the greatest special guest ever. Also a lovely man to boot.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Two years? Really? That's amazing. This place has really grown in that time to, if you couldn't imagine. If I recall correctly, when I joined the forums, the vast majority of the posts were from Smash, Surge, Eiron, Gorblax, and Pure. A few others would show up to post something here or there, but for the most part it was a few things like "HEY I think this would be awesome in the series, do this!" one-time posters. Hehe, I'm glad that the crew listed above were actually there instead of some asses, else I might not have stuck around.

Nowadays though? The forum is full of glorious people who, after a long day of classes or nights studying or whatever, I actually look forward to seeing what all they've posted. I'm not gonna lie, when I open the internet browser, this is seriously the first place I go to. I've considered making the portal to it my homepage. You guys are awesome, seriously, this is the *ONLY* forum I look at. There is no other.

Also; I vote that next Summer we make some arrangements for some kind of gathering and party! If we do, I also vote that we should find a way to do some sort of IRL Mafia game. THAT would be interesting.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I think I showed up around episode 4 or 5.

Not bad, I guess.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top