TWBB Forum Podcast

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Forum Podcast

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:45 pm

>implying you can't have fun on the forums at all

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Stfu Fobby.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:48 pm

ok snake, im sorry. i am just getting mad because my vagina is bleeding. thats right everyone, i have a vagina.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:15 am

obentozai wrote:
Viero wrote:Ya. Seriously. Fuck scripts. take to long and would be flat out boring just about every time.

I laughed terribly hard.

No seriously though, you guys have close to no practice doing anything on shows.

Doing it live is terribly out of question.

And I don't see how we can't just discuss shit on this forum.

IMO,Fobby is right.We don't need to write down every single word everybody has to say,but we need some kind of structure to hold on to.The host should have at least a list with notes,where the whole thing should go to.

Please don't disregard everything Fobby says,when he has a valid point.We really don't have any experience with doing podcasts.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:46 am

yeah, but hes being such a dick about it its hard to take him serious.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:48 am

You're an ignorant, sloppy fuck.

Get over it.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:28 am

obentozai wrote:>implying you can't have fun on the forums at all

It would be fun and it is going to be. That does not mean that the forum itself is not fun.

@Fed. Ya. List of topics and ideas would be good and it is something I am already making with the podcast of underrated games with TD. Not scripts though. Would take way to long to make and it would just be less fun if we had to say lines then opposed to just talking normally.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:38 am

1: I've heard plenty of good podcasts that sometimes last only 10 minutes. It's cool. We'll make it as long as the topic allows.
2: Yeah, the moderator should have a list of basic ideas to cover. Perhaps everyone contributing should come up with questions, and then the moderator asks those questions during discussion to keep us on track.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:33 pm

So when did you plan on starting it Raya?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:35 pm

If we do one about TWBB,we should get one from the staff on the cast.I mean,we are the official forum,we should ask someone to join.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:40 pm

Matt and/or Zach no doubt if they are not busy. Maybe if we can only get one we get Luigi or Mario to fill in for the other one?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Viero wrote:Matt and/or Zach no doubt if they are not busy. Maybe if we can only get one we get Luigi or Mario to fill in for the other one?

I still talk to Princess Aura on AIM from time to time (like, once every 2 or 3 months, but she's on AIM a good amount.)

That being said, she played Jill Dozer and not a more recurring role, but might have some insightful things to say and might be interested in the podcast. If we get a time and place sorted out, I could ask her if you guys want.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:
So let me get this straight, most of these podcasts will just be discussions, right? Different opinions on things, etc? [/color]

Exactly. Probably with plenty of interesting tidbits as well!

obentozai wrote:
No seriously though, you guys have close to no practice doing anything on shows.

Doing it live is terribly out of question.

And I don't see how we can't just discuss shit on this forum.

I think you're misunderstanding what a podcast is.

There definately won't be a script, because seriously, what's the point? Things anyway turn out much more interesting when it's freeform. Although as been said earlier, in the past I've found it handy to have a few pointers about topics to discuss. It's very easy in the heat of the moment to forget to bring up certain things. As for filling 45 minutes, from experience I've found the difficulty is being restricted to 45 minutes! It's so easy to lose track of time when you're waffling, so I don't think we'll have any trouble.

Talking to someone and posting on a forum are two very different things. On a forum you sit and think about things you're posting and can go back and reread/edit. It's much more dynamic when you're actually conversing with a person. Besides, as mentioned before, it'll be fun. I'm quite looking forward to chatting with you lot.

Viero wrote:So when did you plan on starting it Raya?

I have some free time on Tuesday, so then I'll knuckle down then and try and sort out the nuts and bolts.

Omicron Austin wrote:
I still talk to Princess Aura on AIM from time to time (like, once every 2 or 3 months, but she's on AIM a good amount.)

That being said, she played Jill Dozer and not a more recurring role, but might have some insightful things to say and might be interested in the podcast. If we get a time and place sorted out, I could ask her if you guys want.

That's a good idea! Although it'd probably be best if we did a few trial episodes first just to iron out all the technical difficulties Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Thank you Raya for a positive response revealing exactly why I was wrong.

Thank you for your educated decision of doing so instead of blatantly telling me that I am a very uneducated individual compared to the rest of the forum.

Raya wins everybody.

You can go home now.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:07 am

[quote="Raya"]

obentozai wrote:
Viero wrote:So when did you plan on starting it Raya?

I have some free time on Tuesday, so then I'll knuckle down then and try and sort out the nuts and bolts.
Alright then. Got the day, topic, program used for talking and editing, now we pretty much just need a recording software and the people who are going to do the podcast.
Raya wrote:
Omicron Austin wrote:

That's a good idea! Although it'd probably be best if we did a few trial episodes first just to iron out all the technical difficulties Razz

ya. We can probably use WMM to edit it down and take out the useless parts. And do you guys have something to record the audio with? I do but the way I need to record audio is not the safest way.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Just a tip: If you're using a microphone, get headphones. We don't want feedback.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Already got a headset. So I am all good. I am just unable to record sound from my speakers for some reason that i suspect it has something to do with my sound card.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Right guys, I need your opinion.

I've been playing around with recording Skype with Audacity (as Sah probably knows- I've been ringing him up constantly going "IS THIS WORKING NOW?!" Laughing). I'm having trouble recording both sides of the conversation, which I think is a problem with my soundcard. Haven't tried updating my drivers yet, that might fix it.

Now in theory we could each record our own side and then merge it. This may cause problems if someone is an idiot and messes up their recording, and might cause a headache when editing.

Or, we could try and record it all in one. Less chance of a mistake and easier to edit, but will be a bit rougher due to overlaps.

So what do you reckon? If possible, to help me out could some of you try and record a Skype conversation to see if you can get it to work? If so that will confirm it's my soundcard causing the problem. Also I've heard reports that it can cause some feedback, so if you could let me know that that'd be grand.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:09 pm

I have the same problem with my sound card. And I do plan on eventually getting a new one. But all we really need is 1 person that is able to record everyone and have them in the call even though they do not talk in it.

Though there is always another way. Yes I can not record from speakers but I can record from the mic. So I can set it up so when someone talks and it comes from the headset I just put it next to the mic and it will record it.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Viero wrote:Though there is always another way. Yes I can not record from speakers but I can record from the mic. So I can set it up so when someone talks and it comes from the headset I just put it next to the mic and it will record it.

Eww...that's going to suck, if I'm understanding that right.

I'll give Skype + Audacity a try later on tonight when I get a chance. Sounds like it should work; only if you have your own voice coming out of the speakers too, though. Like Viero said, maybe we just need one person who isn't talking.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:48 pm

look, if you're using skype, look for Pamela for skype. It's a plug-in that records the conversations... for about 15 minutes... but it's better to break them up than to get crappy audacity glitches.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Problem with Pamela is the 15 minute limit. We'll have to constantly pause to start recording again, which will really break up the flow. That and the trial is only for 30 days.

Once we've got this problem sorted though I'll start planning out topics and open the signups. Any feedback on the Skype tests yet?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 pm

i'll test with someone if timing corresponds correctly...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:43 pm

I am fine for when ever with testing this out.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 am

I'm going to start the signups now because over the next few days my attendance is going to be rather spotty due to moving back home and seeing Scarlett/my other half for the first time in 6 weeks. I'd rather sort out the recording issue first, but might as well get this started to stop delays.

First though, an important message:

We still need someone who can upload the episodes

As far as I'm concerned the internet is a series of tubes. I haven't the foggiest how to upload something to a server, nor make it available for download. Someone will need to help us with this.

Here's a list of topics for the episodes. Please feel free to suggest more! We'll limit each episode to 4-5 people maximum, but if they're oversubscribed we'll have to work out who will take part. Also, if you feel capable of being a host, please say so! Obviously I can't host every single episode (unless you fancy me being incoherent at 4am my time), so every now and again someone else will have to take up the role. As host you will be in charge of the episode, ensuring that conversation moves along, things get put back on track and introducing new points to discuss. You'll also be responsible for recording (although the other participants will likely record in case of any problems) and submitting it for editing.

Right, onto the topics:

TWBB

Obscure games

Music

Nintendo

Pen and paper RPGs

Those are definite topics, but if there's another interest we can bandy around topics such as the state of the gaming industry, specific games, movie genres etc.

Put your name down for ones you want to be in!

EDIT: Also we need a catchier name than 'TWBB Forum Podcast'. I'm thinking of a quote from TWBB. Also amusing tagline!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top