Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon Age

Post  Smashy B on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:28 pm

King Avalanche wrote:
SurgePox wrote:...I think that's a man.
Even so... I don't hate this.

After quoting Avalanche the file of the pic says "wtf-girl-photo-morrigan-still-looks-evil.jpg" so mebeh.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Everything you need to know about Dragon Age II

You cannot fathom the depths of how much I want this game. From the article, it sounds like a lot of improvements have been made in terms of cleaning up the visuals, and improving combat and skill trees. Speaking of skill trees... ooo shiny.

Wonder if I should stick with starting of with a mage first again...

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-dragon-age/710025

Yes, Dragon Age is coming to Facebook. Apparently, you can get a set of armour for DA2 in the style of Jade Empire. Beta started today.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:08 pm

So Bioware continues to update their site for DA2. Currently it's about the three main classes, so if you played origins it's not really new, but you can still read it. Current one is Warrior

Even better though is the new trailer previewing each main class.

What I really like from this is the battle style from the mage class. In recent preview articles of the game, the combat was noted to be noticeably faster paced, which is great. Mages will have more than one standard idle attack animation and will whip their staves around (seenin an IGN video preview here), but a friggen blade attached to one end of the staff is awesome.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:32 pm

DP

There was a livestream earlier of a demo of the game and chat with Dragon Age 2 Lead Designer. See some gameplay and some questions answered. 55 minutes, possible spoilers.

http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_e1af7357-aff9-4758-b744-c98a28fb5806&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 am

TP!

The demo for DA2 is now available. Play through the game's prologue. Estimated gameplay time is about an hour. If 1 million people download the demo, Bioware will unlock two more items in game when the game releases next month. The items are books that will either give a boost to XP or money when read.

Have fun trying to get through to down loading it, if anyone else tries.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:38 pm

I played through the demo and I must say, I really like it. The new art might need to get used to, but it don't mind the change that much(yet). Tried it as Rogue first, combat was interesting, looking forward to the Scoundrel talent tree. Mage seems to be a lot of fun too. Voice acting is top notch, can't wait for March 11th!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Just played the Demo. Took a rogue, naturally.

New art style was okay, but obviously still needs some work......very odd to comment on but I hate Flemmeths new look in this. I liked the idea that such a inconspicious normal woman was such a powerfull with, but now she just looks like some sort of evil dominatrix with stupid hair antlers.

Other then that the fighting takes some getting used too.....Im pretty sure that the total amount of abilities is lower, but their effectiveness seems increased, while their cooldown is decreased. Rogue and haste seem nerfed (admittedly; that was needed), but the archer skills got a boostie. And I like that.

As for the rival/friendship system and the dialogue system......I have no clue yet. I always seemed to lean towards the funnier alistair-ish comments.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:59 pm

I played the demo for about a half hour on tuesday before the game crashed on me where I then decided to study for mid terms and save the demo for... well, yesterday. I started as female Hawke mage. I really like the faster combat. Characters close in on enemies in a group more smoothly instead of slow shuffles, and the standard attack animations are better. It looks best with mages cause in origins it was the same animation and now whipping around their staves and smacking enemies when they're up close looks cool.

Can't really comment on the art style, but so far my impression is that I think it's an improvement. For one being that I was watching a video with Isabella from Origins and noticed how different she looked in it. So if nothing else, character models are an improvement.

King Avalanche wrote:Rogue and haste seem nerfed (admittedly; that was needed), but the archer skills got a boostie. And I like that.
What got nerfed, and was also needed, is that now mages can't have the Arcane Warrior ability from Origins. They can still wear armor, but I don't think they can have the substitute magic in for strength thing.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm

Played the demo has a male Warrior.

I'm... not impressed.

The textures and graphics needs some work. It feels like plastic and some of the close shots look downright terrible. Voice acting is bland at best, with way too many British accents (Hayden, god damn it is pretty heavy on that side). The drawn-like cutscenes during the Dwarf's expositions are nice, though.

Gameplay-wise... picking the Warrior transform the game into a Dynasty Warrior with a RPG-like system. That's really all I have to say.
Story is unoriginal, things like "Champion" is just downright cliché hell. How much more unoriginal can Bioware get? I don't know, but it's scary.

And I absolutely hate the hook up to buy the game at the end of the demo. "Buy the game and you can have sex with the Dark-Skinned-Big-Boobs-Showing-Her-Ass-Cliché-Rogue".

Funny fact: I like how the girl interrogating the Dwarf has different hair colors between the demo and the trailer. I mean c'mon, it goes from brown to white.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm

I'll assume that you never played Origins. The accents are given to different races, essentially, and where they're from. Dwarves and city-elves have a Mid-west American accent, cause to us that appears accentless, Orlesians have a French accent (regardless of elf or human pretty much), and then most humans have an English accent.

Also, I think it's kinda unfair for you to judge the story when you've only played the Prologue.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Not the story itself. Just some of the elements, like calling the hero "Champion" or "the entire world is on the brick on war". I've seen this just oh so many times...

Oh and the accent-thing doesn't change the fact that the voice acting is bland. Sorry.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 am

Dragon Age Origens' Warden wasn't the anything but a group of Stats

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 am

DRTJR wrote:Dragon Age Origens' Warden wasn't the anything but a group of Stats
Wat.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 am

I was saying that the Warden from DAO wasn't a character just stats that hit things, the Champion is so, Yay?!

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Oh, sorry, the word group threw me off in that last one. But yeah, pretty much, and I like that Hawke has a voice.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Dragon Age Origins was awsome. The stories of the different origins were sometimes interesting, but the game itself was great. Very Happy I loved it. If the story and the game is as cool as Dragon Age Origins there won´t be enough free time for playing the game. Very Happy I am downloading the demo right now and I can´t wait to play the Demo. Smile

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:51 pm

My spoilerific thought of DA2

Spoiler:

The map is SOOOOOOO small I mean i miss the world boppin
Not enough Glorification humor since it is one guy telling one seeker, Speaking of seekers what the Fuck was up with liliana at the end with the 20 or so seekers.
Why where their so many dragons? I know it's called Dragon age but their was only four Dragon fights including the bout with Flemeth and the Archdeamon.
Why did the first enchanter use blood magic? not why actually but why then? why not against the Mad woman who was wielding an ancheint artifact eh? but no that whould be the sensible thing to do instead of the DERP thing to do
Actualy DERP sums up this game nicely
I thought it was good but DAO is better than DA2, also callin' it now DA3 is in Orlais and You'll be able to play as either the Warden, The champion, or some french Orlisian asshole.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:56 pm

After finishing DA2 and having discussed it on skype, it is time for a crackpot theory. Obvious spoilers.

Spoiler:

Part 3 will largely revolve around the return of Morrigan and her baby Cthulu, as well as her relation to Flemmeth, I think everyone is suspecting this and want to see how the whole thing with Morrigan turns out after Origins. I am curious what'll happen with the child after you killed Morrigan in Witch Hunt......

I do not think however that its the only threat. During the Qunari uprising you encounter Alistair and the Grey Wardens, saying they have bigger problems....I'll let you think about that. A city is burning around Alistair while horned men are throwing spears, yet he still believes there are bigger problems. And considering Grey Wardens are usually send to combat darkspawn I think we can safely assume something new crawled out of the Deep Roads.

ergo: Part 3 will end with Morrigan's child the old god, vs the 6th Archdemon, with the mages and templars dramatically putting aside their diffrences at the last moment to join forces.

As DRTJR suggested on skype, the player character will be the Warden, the Champion or a third party.

As for returning characters, the only origins companions I didnt see were Dog, Oghren and Morrigan (the latter for obvious reasons). I did hear Nathaniel from Awakening makes a cameo, but the other awakening characters are absent. (aside from Anders and Justice obviously). Obviously a lot of them risk dying at the end of Awakening. In fact, all of them risk that, except Velenna.......I expect her to return in DA3.

Also for great justice; Sandal will be a playable companion Razz

end crackpot

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 am

I don't think you'll play the champion or the warden in the next game, due to obvious "You cant start at lvl 25"-reasons.
You'll probably be thrown into a blank character again that gets pulled into everything without knowing what to do and will have to carve his own way through it. The references to your other characters will probably be most like they were in this game, honorary mentions of how great your previous character was.

Ticks me off that while I eloped with Morrigan during Witch Hunt, people still talk like the Hero of Ferelden is still kicking around.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 am

That's because Witch Hunt's ending is broken. There is no savestate after the ending, they never fixed that. Also, saves got messed up when imported to Awakening and so on.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:26 am

No objections to Sandal being a companion I take it? Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:35 am

Alright, I completed DA2... and the ending was not that spectacular. Ok, it is really hard to top an Archdemon, but this ending really is a mere stepping stone. Honestly, I smell a Warden/Champion meeting in the future. I am looking forward to the next installement.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top