Professah Layton!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Professah Layton!

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:10 am

At first I was all like "ehhhh another puzzle, man I hate puzzles".

Then I was like "I FUCKING LOVE PUZZLES."

I just finished Lost Future. <3 I am about to play Curious Village, and then Pandora's Box. Then hopefully numbers 3 and 4 will be released here.
(I played number 5 first, what - admittedly, I played some of Pandora's Box, stopped, then heard about Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton so I went and got Lost Future).

But yes, this game series is pretty awesome. I enjoy giving my brain the exercise and the artwork is beautiful and the plots, while crazy at times, are really interesting. Great games and everyone should give them a go. I swear, when I become a teacher I will give my students puzzles so often...

Also, Lost Future spoilers:
Spoiler:
I cried so fucking hard. At first I got teary because of Clive, and then Claire - oh God, Claire, to actually see the Professor break down like that just killed me - and then Luke having to go overseas. And then they expected me to solve a puzzle when I could barely see the screen through my tears. Good Lord, I'm getting teary just thinking about it.
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Professah Layton!

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 pm

God damn Layton. I feel like I should hate him. I'm trying to solve a murder/weird stuff/whatever and yet he CONSTANTLY GIVES ME PUZZLES. No, Layton, a man has been murdered, now is NOT a good time to ask me how many children are wearing red hats. And some of the puzzles are spitefully worded to deliberately trip you up. Artificial difficulty, bah.

And yet...I can't hate him. As infuriating as the game gets, I still keep playing. I still want to know how it ends. And I find myself enjoying it. Dammit Professor, I wish I could quit you D:

I'll get to see the Layton movie on Tuesday, whee~

Pic related.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm

I have the movie on my computer but it won't work, bah.

He's very Sherlock Holmes - in his superiority, that is. The only character though that annoys me is perhaps Flora. Her voice irritates me and as much as the professor is like 'herp derp puzzles', Flora's all like "isn't this so exciting wheee" and Luke and Layton are all like "um, Flora, we're kinda trying to save London here..."

What made me laugh, though, is "so, I could beat you all to a bloody pulp, but I have to use this puzzle. HA SOLVE THIS."
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Anyone here see the Layton/Pheonix Wright cross-over game?

If not, feast your eyes.