Professah Layton!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professah Layton!

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:10 am

At first I was all like "ehhhh another puzzle, man I hate puzzles".

Then I was like "I FUCKING LOVE PUZZLES."

I just finished Lost Future. <3 I am about to play Curious Village, and then Pandora's Box. Then hopefully numbers 3 and 4 will be released here.
(I played number 5 first, what - admittedly, I played some of Pandora's Box, stopped, then heard about Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton so I went and got Lost Future).

But yes, this game series is pretty awesome. I enjoy giving my brain the exercise and the artwork is beautiful and the plots, while crazy at times, are really interesting. Great games and everyone should give them a go. I swear, when I become a teacher I will give my students puzzles so often...

Also, Lost Future spoilers:
Spoiler:
I cried so fucking hard. At first I got teary because of Clive, and then Claire - oh God, Claire, to actually see the Professor break down like that just killed me - and then Luke having to go overseas. And then they expected me to solve a puzzle when I could barely see the screen through my tears. Good Lord, I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Professah Layton!

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 pm

God damn Layton. I feel like I should hate him. I'm trying to solve a murder/weird stuff/whatever and yet he CONSTANTLY GIVES ME PUZZLES. No, Layton, a man has been murdered, now is NOT a good time to ask me how many children are wearing red hats. And some of the puzzles are spitefully worded to deliberately trip you up. Artificial difficulty, bah.

And yet...I can't hate him. As infuriating as the game gets, I still keep playing. I still want to know how it ends. And I find myself enjoying it. Dammit Professor, I wish I could quit you D:

I'll get to see the Layton movie on Tuesday, whee~

Pic related.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm

I have the movie on my computer but it won't work, bah.

He's very Sherlock Holmes - in his superiority, that is. The only character though that annoys me is perhaps Flora. Her voice irritates me and as much as the professor is like 'herp derp puzzles', Flora's all like "isn't this so exciting wheee" and Luke and Layton are all like "um, Flora, we're kinda trying to save London here..."

What made me laugh, though, is "so, I could beat you all to a bloody pulp, but I have to use this puzzle. HA SOLVE THIS."

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Anyone here see the Layton/Pheonix Wright cross-over game?

If not, feast your eyes.

Apparently it'll be coming out on the 3DS so... yeah... another reason to get that.

EDIT: It occurs to me I may be a bit late to catch this one as BY2K has it as an avatar.

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 pm

I kinda already posted that in the Ace Attorney thread, but yeah. Razz

Also I once got told I sound like Luke.
What.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:07 pm

good ears, professor!

and luke's voice annoyed me for the first game...

also, a few things.
1: we finally get a reason why he never takes that damn hat off- it's his only memento of his lost love. I feel bad hating on that hat now.
2: there are other games besides curious village, diabolical box and unwound future?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 am

Luke's voice is better in the other games. Still annoying. I kinda swooned a little over "future" Luke's voice, though.
I like the hat. >:[
And yeah, there are apparently 5 games in the series. They're all out in Japan, I think. Not sure.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 am

Wait, so the ones that have been ported to america are 1,2,5? What a ripoff.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:04 pm

I believe that's the case.

Then again, there's passwords in Pandora's Box and Lost Future for each other and they refer to Lost Future as the sequel to Pandora's Box...

Also I have the British versions. I think Lost Future, despite the title, has little difference to Unwound Future though.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:39 pm

I saw the Layton movie last night.

Spoiler:
LAYTON SWORD FIGHTS ON TOP OF A GIANT MECH HOLY SHIT WHAT

Also Inspector Grosky is the manliest character of all time. He fights mind-controlled sharks three times, kills a man with his chest hair and spends the last part of the film going commando. MANLY.

To be perfectly honest the film made very little sense, but if you're a fan of the Layton series there's loads of little injokes in there. Like Granny Riddleton sitting in a cafe, or the Elysian Box sitting on a desk in Dr. Schrader's office, or the puzzle music playing in the background. I recommend it!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 pm

...oh god I need to see this film now.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:49 pm

O.O

THERE'S A FILM?!?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:20 am

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:10 pm

So hey, trailer for the 3DS Layton game.

3D puzzles D: But loving student Layton's hair...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:30 pm

0:56- the guy looks exactly like...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Bumping because we're finally getting Last Specter/Spectre's Call.

US in October, Europe in November.

I guess we'll get both over here in Australia, hehe. The 100 hour RPG is confirmed - apparently it will be available before the end in the US version. I assume this extends to the European version too.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:13 pm

can't find the AA thread, so I'll post these here.

I'm assuming these are members of the new ruling system of "Mob rule"...

Spoiler:

Second verse, same as the first, this time, more people shown.

Spoiler:

OUR PROSECUTOR, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Spoiler:

THE HERO

Spoiler:

THE DEFENDANT

Spoiler:

THE SIDEKICK

Spoiler:

THE FANGASM

Spoiler:

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:27 pm

First Layton VS Ace Attorney Screens
Plus, find out what Layton and Phoenix Wright are up to in their crossover adventure.

2011-09-15 00:30 / Anoop Gantayat

Famitsu.com has posted the first actual game screens from Level-5' and Capcom's still unexpected and unbelievable dream crossover project, Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney.

Joining the shots, the site and its print counterpart reveal that Layton and Ace Attorney's Phoenix Wright meet in"Labyrinth City," a city in a different world. Wright hopes to challenge the city's "Witch Trials," which apparently follow some difficult to grasp rules. As for Layton, his role isn't clear at present.

One new gameplay system is the "Gunshuu Saiban" system. That translates to "Mob Judgement." Standard rules do not apply when the mob rules. Phoenix Wright will have to face off in questioning against crowds of witnesses.

Famitsu introduces new characters like Mahoney (in the above screens, the blond girl), the accused witch Phoenix Wright defends, and Jeeken (the red-haired guy with the sword), the prosecutor in the case.

Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney is due for 3DS release in 2012.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Layton and the Spectre's Call has had its release date announced for the UK. And London Life has been cut out of it. It's in the US version but not the UK version. The reason? 'No time for translation'.

FUCKING BULLSHIT

So Pokemon BW gets a full and complete translation into all the European languages in just 5 months, but they can't translate a section of Layton in 2 goddamn years?! The only possible reason for this is trying to get it out in time for Christmas. But what's the point in rushing- Layton is already a huge seller in Europe so they don't need to worry about sales, and Ocarina/Starfox is already bolstering the 3DS' slow sales.

This is a load of crap and nonsense. And then the companies have the gall to complain when their games get pirated!

Yes I mad.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

That sucks, but on the bright side at least you still have the option of importing it with fewer problems than say, Eternal Diva. Before Eternal Diva was released stateside (prior to this, we had been told that there were no plans to release it stateside), I believe someone in the PL LJ community bought a region-free player and imported Eternal Diva from the UK...talk about a lot of money. I mean, we eventually got Eternal Diva, but you guys still have that amazing Blu-ray/DVD combo pack that we won't be getting (as far as I'm aware).

So yeah, on the bright side you can still import and play it easily, even if it'll cost a little extra.

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 pm

It's bullshit though. This is the same reason I'm mad at Cing- because apparently american ENGLISH and uk ENGLISH are so far apart that you can translate and distribute in one but not the other.

(We get london life, you got cing's Last Window game)

It makes no goddamn sense.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:33 pm

It is, but what can you do. At least you still have the option of importing both of those games and playing them easily (even if it costs a bit more).

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:02 pm

Chronicle wrote:
So yeah, on the bright side you can still import and play it easily, even if it'll cost a little extra.

Nope, I can't do that. Usually I would, but since Nintendo apparently hates money the 3DS is region locked. To play a US game I'll need to crack the 3DS, which will cost me God-knows what.

Again, why make a handhold region locked?! One of the strengths of the Gameboy was that it was universal. I know I'm just repeating an argument I gave on another thread, but they shouldn't use bloody region locks if they're not going to treat the regions equally.

Quaetam260 wrote:It's bullshit though. This is the same reason I'm mad at Cing- because apparently american ENGLISH and uk ENGLISH are so far apart that you can translate and distribute in one but not the other.

(We get london life, you got cing's Last Window game)

It makes no goddamn sense.

Thing is, they generally don't bother to change US and UK English. There's plenty of UK games that go on about ax and color and traveling. It's not a huge thing but it's annoying since they look like typos. And it makes me worried a bit about what they're going to call Pokemon Grey...

Fun fact: They actually redub Luke in the UK versions of Layton. His American VA is so goddamn awful it caused a massive negative reaction so they completely redubbed him. Which, having accidently stumbled across what he sounds like in the US version, I'm glad of Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Raya wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Nope, I can't do that. Usually I would, but since Nintendo apparently hates money the 3DS is region locked. To play a US game I'll need to crack the 3DS, which will cost me God-knows what.

Again, why make a handhold region locked?! One of the strengths of the Gameboy was that it was universal. I know I'm just repeating an argument I gave on another thread, but they shouldn't use bloody region locks if they're not going to treat the regions equally.

...But Specter is for the DS (Mask of Miracle is for the 3DS). And I'm pretty sure that imported DS games can be played on a 3DS (just not foreign DSi-ware and imported 3DS games) unless Last Specter happens to be region-locked, which I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm pretty sure that the 3DS region locking is only for 3DS games, but then again I haven't looked closely at the region-locking system for the 3DS for a couple of months. You probably know more than I do.

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am

Herpaderp, you're right, I'm being stupid. I'm getting Spectre's Call and Mask of Miracle mixed up, thinking they're for the 3DS/DS instead of the other way round XD My bad!

So now the choice is between London Life or not having to put up with Luke's awful mockney accent, hmm...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top