Professah Layton!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Professah Layton!

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Raya get the Australian version. xD

We get the US version over here, basically. So yeah, Luke's bad accent. But London Life.

I have to wait until next month though because that's when it's released... :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:33 pm

I got Last Specter. It's pretty fun. I definitely recommend importing it for London Life. It's such an amazing time waster (and it's available from the start of the game, too!). The puzzles are a bit harder than those found in Unwound Future (Unwound Future wasn't terribly difficult for me, for some reason), though your opinion may differ.

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Just beat Spectre's Call. I have to say...I didn't really like it all that much. It's the only Layton game I haven't got 100% completion on. It just seemed to be extremely disjointed. In the other games the plot is fairly tight and the mysteries all link into each other. In this it seemed like there was a lot of padding. Evan Barde's death meant nothing to the story for instance and the sidequest to London was just filler. Except for getting to see INSPECTOR GROSKY PUNCH A MAN THROUGH A WINDOW FUCK YEAH INSPECTOR GROSKY. It all just felt a bit hollow to be honest.

Saying that though...

Spoiler:
LOOSHA NOOOOOOOOO

Goddamn was that scene heartbreaking Sad

Glad to see Descole back though. He's a cool guy.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:52 pm

That, pretty much. Got the game for christmas. You know how in previous games it built up to something? It started out fairly low-key and ended up at something epic and amazing...? Yeah, this game didn't have that rising action. It kicked along at a low-key state, and then BAM. Spider-bot. Even the "final boss" of this game was kinda lame, tbh. Like, Curious village didn't really have a boss, and yet it was much more compelling than this. I'd say the only good parts were emmy kicking ass and taking names, Grosky kicking even more ass and taking even more names, and the ending.

Oh, and Crow. Crow was epic.

Also, is it just me, or is luke wangsting a little much in this game? I mean, yeah, stuff happens, but it doesn't mean he has to be so prissy about it... >.>

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:00 pm

That's been the general reaction. I said it was pretty fun earlier, but the novelty wore off shortly after I made that post.

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:37 am

Via the LEVEL-5 Facebook page...

"LEVEL-5 President and CEO, Akihiro Hino took the stage today as a guest of Nintendo at France's Japan Expo to talk about all things Professor Layton.

When asked about a certain game starring the gentleman professor and a certain attorney, he said, "Something's in the works, but I can't talk about it today."

Everyone at LEVEL-5 thanks you for your continued patience!"

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:35 am

AZRAN LEGACIES AND VS ACE ATTORNEY CONFIRMED FOR 2014

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 am

Actually, Azran Legacies is coming out here on Saturday. I've got my preorder in, preordered it and A Link Between Worlds.

What's that, NTSC? You don't get the game until next year? *puts on shades and flicks hair back*

In reality though, Australia actually has decent luck with Professor Layton. We got the US version of Last Spectre (in that it was still released for Australia, but we got London Life as well), and for once we're getting a game released here before the US, with Azran Legacies. I'm very much looking forward to playing it and learning just what the heck is going on and what exactly happened to Emmy and Grosky between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy (I hope it's nothing bad! D: )

(And I won't post spoilers here, you have my word).

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top