TWBB Mafia Game 10: Why We Don't Divide by Zero-FINALE-The Usurpation of Heaven-COMING TO THEATERS NEAR YOU!

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 10: Why We Don't Divide by Zero-FINALE-The Usurpation of Heaven-COMING TO THEATERS NEAR YOU!

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:54 am

Damn Fed, we are SOOOOOO freaking lucky.

I guess you didn't do as bad as I thought you did, Snake. Were I in your position, I probably would have done the same. As much attention as I was bringing to myself, you saying I wasn't to be feared may have helped.

Kill all sons-a-bitches. ^_^

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 10: Why We Don't Divide by Zero-FINALE-The Usurpation of Heaven-COMING TO THEATERS NEAR YOU!

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:53 pm

How many people targeted me on the first few days?! War's right, I am a whore Razz

No worries Q, mistakes happen. No hard feelings *brofist*

Man, how close the endgame would have been if Ansem had lived and chose Perry as his puppet. TJ was our second choice so not only would Ansem and Perry have got mafia protection they would have been able to direct the mafia kills against the Coalition. Probably would have gone down to the wire...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:07 am

I believe that counting Warchamp's IP trace, which I forgot to list, the total came to 9 over the first two nights you were alive.

Mafia Roles:

Role: Mafia Mindreader
Alignment: Mafia
Character: Mewtwo
Player: hudsonboy111 Sahrimnir

You are Mewtwo, the Pocket Monster, first of the great dons to rise up and challenge the mighty Boswer's control over the kingdom. A powerful being created by man in an experiment that went horrible right; strong, intelligent and most importantly psychic.
Every night you may probe someone's mind to try and find their secrets. Your minds readings will return clues about their role, powers etc. The more you enter one mind the more familiar you become with it, read the same person's mind enough times and eventually you will find out everything about them.

You will be given a link to a private forum at the game's start.

Unique to Game 10: Mewtwo, the prestigious Pocket Monster, has united several of the new arrivals to the Kingdom under his banner. Mewtwo is the Mafia Don this game, immune to nightkills and scanning as innocent.

This role was one of the pivotal focuses of the endgame, and Hudson did a good job laying low, but his activity, or lack thereof, was his bane. Hudson’s a better player than it first seems, but this game I wasn’t very happy with the low level of activity he presented. That said, I know he was very busy with scouting and other important RL stuff, which is very significant, but I shouldn’t have hesitated to swap him until I did, and moreover he should have known in advance how bogged down he’d be by all his RL activities. This kinda showed the weakness in the inactivity system I suppose, but it’s more a judgement call on my end whether to sub him out, and frankly I could probably have done so sooner.

That said, Hudson did still manage to have an impact through using his power, though even this was rather egregiously underplayed due to inactivity.

Night 1 he targeted DarkFalco, and was returned a hint towards her power due to the fact that she used it that night: “A benediction or a damnation of the one targeted, a vindication of belief or suspicion. All was brought about by boastful repast, arrogance that must be followed through” This was, as the mafia guessed, indicator of her cop powers as brought on by bragging about them. They didn’t connect her to Usopp.

Night 2 he targeted the self-protecting Weldar and got this: "Ever wary, always vigilant. Ready to give anyone who targets him a nasty surprise, to sacrifice himself for a good cause." Viero got Vigilante out of that, and Spont realized that Weld could take one of them with him, and td260 guessed he was a HWOL. Which wasn’t too far off given his self-protecting.

Night 3 hudson went for Raya, providing him with: "Swift benediction, rapid vindication, a deliverance from misdeed, perhaps done in haste." Raya had scanned Fedaykin that night, returning innocent (“swift benediction, rapid vindication”). Fed had the benefits of a godfather, which threw the scan off, hence “perhaps done in haste”. They guessed incorrectly something about cultists or masons at this point, which was ironic since Raya was indeed a mason.

Night 5 he scanned smashbro, resulting in: “He was he ultimatum, a silencing of hope and of spirit. The true epilogue interrupted by paranoia, stymied by self-concern.” Smashbro’s kill had been blocked by Warchamp’s self-protect. It wouldn’t have gone through anyways, but I threw in the self protect to confuse things up a bit. The mafia correctly guessed that smashbro was the serial killer, and he was lynched Day 6 anyways.

Night 6 his scan was on Perry, but the scan was diverted by Perry’s Diversion power onto Omicron, who being the reviver couldn’t use a power then. The result was thus: “Gorblax, the Thread Necromancer, the great omnislasher, a living legend.” They guessed correctly that the Gorblax role was the reviver, but due to the diversion thought it was Perry who had it, and planned to either kill him or have TJ steal his power, but then Omicron claimed and proved his claim, throwing it all into doubt, and they scrapped that plan.

Night 7 hudson kinda annoyed the entire mafia and myself by ordering a scan on Jake Sky. My result: “Jake Sky is just as dead as he was when you ordered your scan.” -__-

Also, fun fact, this:
Spoiler:
Was drawn by me :3. I’m very proud of this picture, and couldn’t resist after writing that duel. I gave Sah and Hudson a great finale sendoff despite the inactivity, and hope they both enjoyed it.

Sahrimnir never ordered a scan. Hudson’s a good guy and a good player, but inactivity kinda hurt this one. He tried to step it up in the end of day 8 but ultimately it was too late, and his actions only made his role seem a little more suspicious therein.

As for Sahrimnir, I think the level of effort and enthusiasm he put in once subbed was great. He played the noob card, which somehow almost worked, and kept suspicion off him until Fedaykin pushed to have him lynched, realizing that he could still be held accountable for hudson’s inactivity and suspicious moves. The mistake that cost him the game was claiming that Jigglypuff role, which in the end was obviously not from another game, and talking about losing NK immunity by roleclaiming didn’t fly so well. That being said, I threw Sahrimnir straight into the fire when I subbed him in, and I think he did a great job given his situation. Sah, if you can play like this in the future, I’d love to see you rejoin the mafia games altogether.

Role: Mafia Cannibal
Alignment: Mafia
Character: Kirby
Player: td260

You are Kirby, the cannibal. Such an adorable little creature, such a complete and total monster. You have done more to ensure the destruction of this kingdom than anyone else, now it's time to finish the job.

Powerwise you're fairly unremarkable, or at leas you start that way, you don't have any abilities to use at all. However if you are the one to perform the mafia's nightkill you will consume the remains of the victim and absorb an ability to use from them. You can only have one ability at a time, if you kill someone while you still have an ability absorbed you will be told the name of the ability you would gain from them and must choose whether to take the new ability or keep your old one. Certain roles will not give you abilities.

A link to the mafia's private forum will be provided at the game's start.

Originally this role was planned to have anon reveals on kills, but I retro-removed that when the game started as I realized its potential to have extra kills and other powers kinda made that a little OP. In retrospect, I’m not so sure about that decision, but I stand by it.

He wanted a vigilante or doctor role the entire game, but sadly only ever got to be Happy Kirby when he ate Minby Night 3. If he had eaten smashbro, he would only have gotten a 1-shot kill if even that, I was contemplating having that not work. Powers that would fail were Yoshi, the Thread Necromancer, Zero, the Upriser, the Manipulative_Bastard, Usopp, and the Prophet. He also couldn’t eat other mafians, but that’s basically a given.

td260 played probably the best game I’ve seen him play. No question. He was amazing this game. Everything he did was insightful and intelligent save for the one mistake that killed him, and even then his death was mostly bad luck. Behind the scenes he schemed intelligently and diligently, and was often quite correct when analyzing hudson’s scans. He influenced Viero to hold back on the drunk plan until near the endgame or near when he was probably screwed anyways. He was the first to speculate about there being another mafia (there were three mafias total), and while that wasn’t correct at the time he certainly did seem to notice the presence of other scum players. Td260 also made the connection between the non-irrevocable Snake ban and mod roles being unable to permadie (except with two kills, as I chose to disclose later).

His death arose as a bit of a bad accident. Horrid luck, though he should have made sure he wasn’t the last to vote for Spont anyways just in case the votesteal failed (which it did). To explain once more, the votesteal killed the infected attacked to Snake, and was thus nullified, causing Snake’s vote to remain where he had placed it, and leaving td260 the last to vote for Spont. Bad luck, and td, you really should not get down on yourself for this or anything else. Also, you might notice that I had Kirby die atop a building in a green explosion… Surprised only Snake and Weldar seem to have caught the nod here Razz.

You did do something very controversial that got on my nerves though, and I want this made clear. Your necroposting. Don’t do it anymore. I did the best I could to filter the necroposts you made in the mafia forum but some slipped under my watchful eyes. I’d have banned you from the private boards if I’d thought of it before TJ’s death. Really, it’s not a good thing to interfere with the game, regardless of how much more effort you put in than those still alive.

That said, I think td260 did amazing this game. There were controversies, sure, but those happen. His performance besides that speaks for itself, and he deserves a lot of credit. Stop calling yourself retarded Razz

Role: Mafia Daredevil
Forumer: Viero
Allegiance: Mafia
Player: Spontaneous Combustion

You're Viero! You try your hardest, bless, but sometimes you don't realise when the joke is on you. You goal is to be the first or second mafia member killed by the town. If you succeed you won't die, but will miraculously come back to life with a super-duper ability to aid the mafia. If you fail you'll just be a vanilla mafia member for the rest of the game.

A link to the mafia's private forum will be provided at the game's start.

This role has been given a bit of leeway. Now you will revive if killed within the first day/night OR second day/night. Consider this a slight gift, given the rather difficult nature of this role.

UPON BEING LYNCHED:

You are now a mafia lynch bomb with a votesteal. Choose the person whose vote you wish to steal as well as an intended target.

This was intended to be a kamikaze role, through and through, and Spont worked as such quite well. He’s always a good player and a good sport, and it was quite fun to see him work hard here. Spont played the game with good balance. During the first day, he proposed that joke post about everyone being guilty, which immediately made him slightly suspicious, enough so that people didn’t vote for him right away but he was able to hold onto the spotlight for a while and still succeed in being the first mafian lynched, allowing the other mafians to more easily ride along in his shadow, and moreover took down Weldar before his death. Spont is also the reason TheTJ joined the mafia, as although he voted for TheTJ after Weldar, Weldar switched his vote before the day ended.

Spont's joke post:
"- Everyone who isn't a mafian or a serial killer is a third party
- There are three cults
- Everyone who gets lynched gets an entire novel as their death post
- Mafia, townies, masons, cultists and third parties all get royally fucked in the ass by an evil chessmaster role nobody sees coming
- Said role will be played by SnakeInABox"

This made me laugh, as well, so bonus points for that (+1ing it now Razz) It wasn’t quite accurate though. The majority of the game’s population actually started as townies, for one, but the first five days in which they largely self-destructed gave the Coalition time to form, Yoshi went to the mafia, and Raya was manipulated, not to mention many townies died, putting them at a great disadvantage. As for the three cults? Not correct, there were technically none although the Manipulative_Bastard and the Coalition have cult-like aspects. There WERE three mafias though Razz. As for the novels for their death posts, I did my best, and tried to increase their quality game progressed too. One of my major goals this game was to maximize the cinematic experience and create a cohesive storyline, and in that aspect I hope I did well. The evil chessmaster role nobody saw coming? It did kinda exist, in the form of the Upriser and the Manipulative_Bastard, though some speculated the latter would exist. However, Snake didn’t play either, and the Upriser was more of a rising don than a Chessmaster. Closest one to being the Chessmaster in this game was JGH, as I’ll explain below.

Anyways, on the private forum Spontaneous did not have an amazingly strong presence, but made up for it by making a large difference in game, and posted in the Underground when needed. Spontaneous Combustion kept his cool despite the suspicion and continued to make a big enough show of himself that the spotlight would stay on him. He didn’t simply try to get himself lynched right away, but worked as a smokescreen, doing all eh could to keep the other mafians hidden by drawing maximum attention to himself.

In private he, among other things, assisted in bringing the mafia to investigate DarkFalco, and planning how he would look suspicious in advance. After being smoked and lynched for the first time Day 4 and learning of his power when he came back Day 5, he decided it was finally time to throw everything into chaos and entered what they called Spont Mode; essentially hilarity and trollage to the max, and telling all other mafians to cut any ties with him. Due to timezones he asked to have his votesteal take effect at 8:59 EST, and I obliged, but the smoker on Snake was killed by the votesteal power, negating the steal itself, and Spont’s explosion ended rather tragically for the mafia as td260 perished in the flames.

He was a little pissed about that whole chain of events and thought I’d messed up but I played it out exactly how it had to be played. What happened was totally out of his control; the only mistake he made was a persistent one for the mafia, continuing to waste time targeting Snake. Either way, he had no way to predict the Infected’s involvement, so he shouldn’t get pissed at himself for it and I don’t think he had. I hope explaining this has reduced any remaining anger, Spont. As I’ve said for most people this game (because frankly it applies to everyone, you all did great), you played a wild game, and it was incredibly fun hosting for you again. You’ve been a great sport between the masked role in Game 6 and the rather horrid chain of events here, and helped to make the game about as fun as it gets.

Role: Assassin
Affiliation: Mafia
Character: Ness
Player: Viero

Once you were a young boy with a bright future ahead of you. That is, until the bright future fell dark and you found yourself with no one. Later taken under the care of the powerful psychic pocket monster, you quickly learned and adopted some of his own skills and psychic abilities. Within time, this father figure of yours turned you into a corrupt child with a mind so twisted you murdered the very one who raised you when you had to other ends. Now you continue on with a warped mind bent on killing the innocent, only now with a band of misfits with similar desires. They are what you might call "friends." Your power is that you may kill anyone, but only during the daytime. Your kill must be made publicly, in the form "Kill: _______" Unlike Game 4, you may only kill on every other day: You cannot make a kill twice a day, or two days in a row. Once every two days is the limit.

You will be given a link to the mafia forum at the game's start.

This was a tricky power, and sadly hasn’t come to use in either game it’s been in so far. In Game 4, Hans planned to use it to kill Snake at the end of Day 2, but I persuaded him to hold off so that Snake would try to recruit Weldar and thus die, making Weldar look guilty so I could succeed as the Usurper. I’d wanted him to take down Surgepox instead. It never got used as I only half-succeeded, stopping him from killing Snake but failing to persuade him to kill Surge (he waited a few seconds too long to submit).

Here, the power also regrettably didn’t get used, but Viero had a distinct plan for its usage: See, his power required him to post the kill publicly and in bold, and as such was a likely suicide move, the only possible reprieve lying in claiming Daykill Vigilante, a role from Game 1 most people forgot about. Viero seemed to not know about this role (I didn’t until Weldar mentioned it at some point), so he really made the next best possible plan. Viero had planned to start pretending to be drunk throughout the forum so that in the late game or when he was about to be lynched he could slip the kill into a nonsensical drunk post and try to disguise it as best as possible. The first kill he submitted would be the only one to die, and the kill wouldn’t happen instantly; rather it would happen at the end of the day alongside the lynch. This was to give him a modicum of protection with this power. Yes, this plan probably would not have fooled many people, if anyone. But also it was probably the best thing he could have done with this power besides the G1 Daykill Vig claim, which was something I doubt many people even considered. He was making the best out of a rather suicidal situation with this machination. It’s too bad he never had the chance to try it.
Every game I’ve seen Viero play he’s gotten better and better. And this is no exception. Viero over the course of this game played like an absolute champion, completely leading the mafia. He took charge from the beginning, working in unison with the others, but largely dominating the mafia’s schemes throughout the game. I don’t think I can properly list all the scheming he did in that forum here; he was an absolute boss. He and the mafia did, however, make two rather noticeable mistakes, like any normal human, and I’ll list them here briefly:

First, Snake was a major target, yes, but plenty of others were equally viable. After the first failed kill and especially the second it might have been best to try killing some of the other good powerplayers, like Raya or Weldar, as some of you considered. In the end the mafia, as I’ve mentioned, blew about six potential kills on Snake. Imagine the difference those could have made on the game.

Second, targeting Weldar when he did night 7. Viero seemed to see this coming, however. He was afraid that Weldar would self-protect or something similar, and asked me to PM both TJ and hudsonboy to see if one would rather make the kill in his place. TJ got the PM, but an hour too late, sadly. Viero thus perished Night 7-Vindication, as he killed Weldar.

As for his public activity, Viero remained strongly active throughout the beginning but did dip slightly as the days wore on, and this seemed to be the only real means by which suspicion was cast onto him. He was very, very sneaky. Many of the players who died after all interaction with the dead was ceased (with Warchamp dead, Snake dead, and Omicron losing his power) were completely surprised that he was mafia, though Raya and a couple others thought he could be potential Mafia, or, more likely, Coalition.

He really did play probably the best game I’ve seen him in, and led the mafia very, very well. They got unlucky at almost every turn, and that combined with a few small but vital mistakes to lead to their defeat. Overall, he schemed well and appropriate for someone in his position. Like with anyone there were mistakes, but like with anyone mistakes are bound to happen. Viero should leave this game with no regrets.

Role: Fallen Moderator
Alignment: Mafia (became Coalition)
Forumer: smashbro
Player: JGH27

Being all alone with your cuddly little Squirtle has given you time to think. It’s time for you to be something more, something greater. With the presence of the mob, opportunity has knocked. As a moderator, any nightkills made by you will be entirely unblockable. However, being so powerful, the banstick takes a day to warm up after each use. You are permitted to make nightkills only every other nightphase. With your administrative priveledges, you have also been granted a modicum of privacy. While still vulnerable to cop scans, you are immune to… …other forms of detection. Just to set things straight: Your power makes any nightkills made by you unblockable. You don’t get your own, separate nightkills.

The link to the mafia forum will be granted when the game begins.

Now JGH27 is a pretty cool dude, and I’m glad he got this role. Because you see, the Fallen Moderator this game was the closest thing to a Chessmaster we had, and JGH was part of Mafia White in Game 6, the faction that probably had the hardest time due to it’s small size, one of whom was a traitor (3 people, 1 was the Chessmaster). He deserved a chance to be the backstabbing bastard this time, and the RNG seemed to bless him with such providence.

See, there were three people the Fallen Mod could not kill.

First, Warchamp7, who as I already mentioned was immune to all but the Upriser’s scankill and a lynch.

Second, Fedaykin himself. Any mod acting on Fedaykin would autojoin him. This was to make his job sliiiightly easier, and would only really help finding Smash anyways.

Third, smashbro. Yes, smashbro. If JGH, the smashbro role, tried to kill the poor Squirtle, he couldn’t bring himself to do it, and would find himself allured by the small creature. He would abandon all other ties and join the Serial Killer mafia.

Smashbro could thus have been a part of all three mafias at once: Recruited into the Coalition, joined the Serial Killer, and maintaining ties with his old mafia comrades. Had this happened, he would have a heck of a job ahead of him. I think I would have delegated his allegiance to the last one he joined, so if he was Coalition and then targeted smashbro, he’d end up a SK. If he was on smash’s side and was recruited by Fed, he’d end up Coalition.

As a mafian JGH didn’t participate in the forum much but served his purpose as a weapon, and a powerful one at that. He wielded the almighty banstick, and used it Night 2 to assassinate SnakeInABox. When Snake was brought back, I decided to inform the mafia that kills by banstick were permanent, irrevocable, with one exception, which I didn’t disclose. That exception, as td260 correctly guessed, was moderator roles. This was to make the Upriser’s job a little easier.

The next use of the banstick would have come Night 4, but sadly Tea Time interrupted it. However the ban was still charged for Night 5, so he used it then to target Snake again, but was diverted by Perry’s Level 1 power onto SuicideAngel. The banstick was one of the few ways to permanently kill the Infected, as it did then.

JGH was finally thrust into the spotlight when he was recruited into the Coalition and then scanned mere hours apart Night 6 (Raya submitted the scanning action just after he was recruited.). Snake also died that night, turning up Coalition, and ultimately Day 7 saw a stage set for the revolution’s collapse, as J had been scanned and outed as Coalition, Snake was dead, leaving the kill attempt on Warchamp at only a 50% chance of success (but still unblockable since JGH was alive), and Omicron was under suspicion. The Coalition submitted their kill and I left them hanging for half a phase, providing foreboding posts about the fallen angels rising and so on as I lead up to the assassination of Warchamp.

In this time, JGH did a great job. Ultimately, he took the shift into the Coalition team very, very well. He proposed an amazing strategy to keep the mafia’s kill off of SnakeInABox and onto Warchamp Night 6, by providing apparent evidence that Snake was taken by a Jailer and thus unkillable. Warchamp, of course, could not be killed, and Snake died from Relmitos’ attack anyways. However, this was one of the better manipulative plays I’ve seen, very fact based and very apparently “benevolent” towards the mafia JGH was pretending to still be a part of.

As things unraveled, however, he confessed his ties to the mafia, and opted to bid for the option that held the Coalition as a survivor group, which he tried to convince the town of.

What he didn’t and probably couldn’t anticipate was Weldar making the connection to the Coalition, the moderators, and Warchamp’s death. Following the rather powerful evidence that the Upriser was behind all this, JGH’s claims of an innocent survivor group were sadly made less prominent. He would have had a fighting chance had he not claimed to the mafia, let alone publicly. Yet it’s not like these were obvious mistakes. He played very tactfully, and these would have worked a lot better had day 7 played out a slight bit different (namely based on Weldar’s claims and such).

In the end, J died as Raya ordered the double lynch, and TJ exposed himself by rejoining following some inactivity only to push Jake slightly ahead. I wasn’t going to give JGH a lame lynch death though, no sir! So I had Marth, the Kingdom’s greatest hero, (Jake) stab smashbro, the Fallen Moderator (JGH) in one final, heroic act of defiance before being banned for good. His speech about not being able to differentiate between their greatest heroes (again, Marth) and their worst enemies (again, the corrupt mod, who I made out to be extraordinarily badass) fit quite well. He was an appropriately good player, and it was great fun seeing him do work this game Cool.

Mafia Private Forum Link: The Underground

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:30 am

Quaetam wrote:Role: Fallen Moderator

Being all alone with your cuddly little Squirtle has given you time to think. It’s time for you to be something more, something greater.
For as long as I've been on here, I'm surprised I don't have a cuddly Squirtle. So want one.

Quaetam wrote:See, there were three people the Fallen Mod could not kill.
Third, smashbro. Yes, smashbro. If JGH, the smashbro role, tried to kill the poor Squirtle, he couldn’t bring himself to do it, and would find himself allured by the small creature. He would abandon all other ties and join the Serial Killer mafia.
Sad

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:42 am

JGH joining smash would have screwed me, but hell, it would have been awesome!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 am

I wouldn't have said no to another SK ally.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:13 am

My reasoning with the whole Jigglypuff-thing was that I needed a beliavable explanation for why I waited so long to make a role-claim. The real reason was of course that saying "I am Mewtwo" was kind of guaranteed to get me lynched and I needed time to think of a fake role. Razz
Apparently I didn't think my story through as much as I should have...

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:21 am

hehe DEAD IS DEAD TD

TD: Sorry I'll stay quiet.....

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:27 am

I know it's not a valid excuse, but in my mind my necroposting was filling the void left by tj and hudson, or posting theories and ideas for them so when they actually got on they could follow a chain of logic to reaxch a conclusion that differs from any one person. (Namely vie, who was the only other frequtnt postery

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:02 am

But that's the point in being dead, they should figure things out by themselves.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Your Necro posting was cheating. Full, unadulterated cheating. No excuse.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Oh hello Snake.

Remember you going well over the PM limit in my game?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes snake- I admitted my faults, and know what I did was wrong- I have already apolkagized to Q for it. Let the one without sin cast the first stone.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Stop necro posting. The only time it's passable is when it's right after you died, and when telling others to stop. And even then it's usually not allowed.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Yes minby. I know it was werong. I don't need a 3end person telling me so.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 pm

How bout a 4th? nah, just kidding.
Aslong as you know it kinda sucks for all other player and ruins a game. Forgiven and forgotten by me Smile

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 pm

I took down three Mafians, with or without a few accidental PMs.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 am

Quaetam wrote:Role: Fallen Moderator

Being all alone with your cuddly little Squirtle has given you time to think. It’s time for you to be something more, something greater. With the presence of the mob, opportunity has knocked. As a moderator, any nightkills made by you will be entirely unblockable. However, being so powerful, the banstick takes a day to warm up after each use. You are permitted to make nightkills only every other nightphase. With your administrative priveledges, you have also been granted a modicum of privacy. While still vulnerable to cop scans, you are immune to… …other forms of detection. Just to set things straight: Your power makes any nightkills made by you unblockable. You don’t get your own, separate nightkills.

The link to the mafia forum will be granted when the game begins.

Now JGH27 is a pretty cool dude, and I’m glad he got this role. Because you see, the Fallen Moderator this game was the closest thing to a Chessmaster we had, and JGH was part of Mafia White in Game 6, the faction that probably had the hardest time due to it’s small size, one of whom was a traitor (3 people, 1 was the Chessmaster). He deserved a chance to be the backstabbing bastard this time, and the RNG seemed to bless him with such providence.

See, there were three people the Fallen Mod could not kill.

First, Warchamp7, who as I already mentioned was immune to all but the Upriser’s scankill and a lynch.

Second, Fedaykin himself. Any mod acting on Fedaykin would autojoin him. This was to make his job sliiiightly easier, and would only really help finding Smash anyways.

Smashbro could thus have been a part of all three mafias at once: Recruited into the Coalition, joined the Serial Killer, and maintaining ties with his old mafia comrades. Had this happened, he would have a heck of a job ahead of him. I think I would have delegated his allegiance to the last one he joined, so if he was Coalition and then targeted smashbro, he’d end up a SK. If he was on smash’s side and was recruited by Fed, he’d end up Coalition.

As a mafian JGH didn’t participate in the forum much but served his purpose as a weapon, and a powerful one at that. He wielded the almighty banstick, and used it Night 2 to assassinate SnakeInABox. When Snake was brought back, I decided to inform the mafia that kills by banstick were permanent, irrevocable, with one exception, which I didn’t disclose. That exception, as td260 correctly guessed, was moderator roles. This was to make the Upriser’s job a little easier.

The next use of the banstick would have come Night 4, but sadly Tea Time interrupted it. However the ban was still charged for Night 5, so he used it then to target Snake again, but was diverted by Perry’s Level 1 power onto SuicideAngel. The banstick was one of the few ways to permanently kill the Infected, as it did then.

JGH was finally thrust into the spotlight when he was recruited into the Coalition and then scanned mere hours apart Night 6 (Raya submitted the scanning action just after he was recruited.). Snake also died that night, turning up Coalition, and ultimately Day 7 saw a stage set for the revolution’s collapse, as J had been scanned and outed as Coalition, Snake was dead, leaving the kill attempt on Warchamp at only a 50% chance of success (but still unblockable since JGH was alive), and Omicron was under suspicion. The Coalition submitted their kill and I left them hanging for half a phase, providing foreboding posts about the fallen angels rising and so on as I lead up to the assassination of Warchamp.

In this time, JGH did a great job. Ultimately, he took the shift into the Coalition team very, very well. He proposed an amazing strategy to keep the mafia’s kill off of SnakeInABox and onto Warchamp Night 6, by providing apparent evidence that Snake was taken by a Jailer and thus unkillable. Warchamp, of course, could not be killed, and Snake died from Relmitos’ attack anyways. However, this was one of the better manipulative plays I’ve seen, very fact based and very apparently “benevolent” towards the mafia JGH was pretending to still be a part of.

As things unraveled, however, he confessed his ties to the mafia, and opted to bid for the option that held the Coalition as a survivor group, which he tried to convince the town of.

What he didn’t and probably couldn’t anticipate was Weldar making the connection to the Coalition, the moderators, and Warchamp’s death. Following the rather powerful evidence that the Upriser was behind all this, JGH’s claims of an innocent survivor group were sadly made less prominent. He would have had a fighting chance had he not claimed to the mafia, let alone publicly. Yet it’s not like these were obvious mistakes. He played very tactfully, and these would have worked a lot better had day 7 played out a slight bit different (namely based on Weldar’s claims and such).

In the end, J died as Raya ordered the double lynch, and TJ exposed himself by rejoining following some inactivity only to push Jake slightly ahead. I wasn’t going to give JGH a lame lynch death though, no sir! So I had Marth, the Kingdom’s greatest hero, (Jake) stab smashbro, the Fallen Moderator (JGH) in one final, heroic act of defiance before being banned for good. His speech about not being able to differentiate between their greatest heroes (again, Marth) and their worst enemies (again, the corrupt mod, who I made out to be extraordinarily badass) fit quite well. He was an appropriately good player, and it was great fun seeing him do work this game Cool.

Mafia Private Forum Link: The Underground

I am happy with how I played in this game overall. Kinda lost it on the last day I lived but trying to be in 2 places at once while getting called out screwed me over. Good game everyone and Q, you're an awesome host!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 am

My only complaint about this game is that narrative shouldn't be applicable as proof. There's not much I can do to prove my innocence when my lynch post and revival post both say in big red letters "SPONT IS EVIL. HE REINCARNATED THE SAME WAY AS RAYA."
You're not even giving me a chance to defend myself. Although that did result in Spont Mode Go, which I had way too much fun with, but narrative and gameplay should be kept apart.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:17 am

Spont Mode Go was the best thing to happen, I loved every single moment of it. But I see your point.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:02 am

Eh the narrative had little to do with it, it was mainly the way the OP listed things and the mechanics of the first death.
Personally I think it was perfectly fair to distinguish between coming back under your own power and being revived by another. You were just fucked because Raya had activated first really.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:47 am

Third Party Roles part 1

Role: The Infected
Costume: Special Infected
Alignment: None
Player: SuicideAngel

You are dead. What? Technically you are. You are the entire array of Special Infected Zombies from Left 4 Dead. As a zombie, you don’t care about the war; as long as you stay ali… err Undead, you will win. However you are incredibly easy to kill – if you are targeted by anything (including lynches and nightkills) you will die. Your death is… interesting however. It will not be announced (unless by lynch), and you will appear as alive, but you cannot post on the thread or any Subthreads. On the bright side, you can’t keep a good zombie down, you will respawn as 1 of the 3 Special Infected in the concurrent phase (if you die at night, you respawn the next night. If you die in the day, you respawn the next day). Infected spawn will be determined by RNG. On day 1 you spawn as a Jockey

o Hunter – You must choose 1 player to “pounce” during the day. Unlike Game 9, the pounced player will not die, this is merely a restriction. However if they ARE targeted by anything, you will die instead. Also if you are targeted, that player is saved. That Player will be notified that they are pounced, and will be limited to using the letters a, r, g, and h.

o Smoker – You must choose 1 player to “smoke.” That Player cannot post on the forum or any subforums. They will remain that way until either you or your victim is targeted, [color]with a one dayphase limit.[/color] The target will be notified they are smoked. You may detach from that Player at any time with no penalty. You may then choose a new Target during the Next Phase.

o Boomer – You may choose 1 player to “Boom.” That player will become a Lightning Rod, and have a 50% chance of attracting most targeted roles that night, though a few may be immune to this effect. However, you will die regardless of whether you are targeted or not if you chose to activate this power. If you are targeted and have chosen a target in the same night, you die and the ability is nullified. If you choose not to activate this ability, any player that targets you will activate the ability, targeting them.

o Jockey - As a Jockey, you are able to leap onto one player's head, and control their power or vote. Once on someone's head, you must select the name of one other player. The vote or power, determined by RNG, of your victim will be redirected to this new choice. If either you or your victim is targeted before the phase ends, you will die and the role/vote will be used as normal. If you survive, you may pick a new player to control the next dayphase.

o Tank – As the tank, you gain some endurance - you can now take 5 targettings without dying, however this number is cumulative. Lynches and unblocka-kills of any sort are an exception. Unfortunatly all the Players are in the green and are masters at Tank Juking so You can’t hit them

Like in Game 9, any action targeting the Infected or its’ victim would be nullified, having no normal result but instead simply killing the Infected. For balance, I made the Infected entirely non-lethal, and perma-killable by either lynch or unblockable kill. The lack of lethality made the near inability to kill the Infected an effective non-issue as well. I added the Jockey for extra power-stealing fun :3. Furthermore, while most actions would only kill Suicide till next dayphase, regardless of when preformed, a kill would keep Suicide dead for the next full cycle (until the next nightphase if preformed at night, until the next dayphase if in the day).

Suicide, when you submitted the Infected and the Catgirl and I had to choose one, I decided the Infected would be better suited to this game simply because I knew what I would be able to do to balance it, the Catgirl was harder to regulate and control, and with its balancing factors, the Infected would actually lower the kill rate of this game rather than raise it.

However, I do also realize that you were to a rather sensitive extent screwed over this game. The Infected was a fresh wound on peoples’ memories coming into this game; with everyone remembering how it works and realizing how easy it was to detect who the Director was (determining it to be Suicide almost instantly following the Jockey dying Night 1). You spent a lot of this game annoyed at me, and I guess rightfully so, for putting you in this position, and for that I apologize. That aside, I thought you handled it well, given the situation at hand. Kept your cool well, managed to actually slip under the radar for a little while a few times after everyone basically agreed you were the Infected.

One future note though: As a survivor role, you probably should have avoided targeting Snake, Raya, and the other major players, knowing they were easy targets. Might have extended your stealth period and thus your lifespan. For as I’ve mentioned earlier, you actually saved Snake twice. Night 1 you took a bullet for him from the mafia, and Day 5 you blocked the votesteal designed to force him to vote Spont and ensure his death. While this resulted in a lot of hilarity, it can’t have been fun on your end.

As for roles that killed Suicide? Day 1, Suicide started as a Jockey. He chose to force Snake to target Spont. td260 of the mafia preformed the kill on Snake, but your Jockey took the bullet, causing the kill to be nullified and the Jockey to die. When Suicide respawned Night 2 he was a Hunter, and pounced Raya for real Day 3 (after she had pretended to be pounced Day 2 :3). She simply stopped posting for the day, only posting “argh D:” in the Manipulative_Bastard’s forums so Ansem knew of her impairment. During this dayphase, Fedaykin chose to scan Suicide to see if he was a moderator. This caused him to ‘die’. Day 4 he respawned as a smoker and chose to smoke Spont, releasing an hour before the lynch so the smoker didn’t die. Day 5 he smoked Snake, and Spont’s votesteal hit the smoker that was on Snake and was nullified, resulting in the Smoker’s death as well as td260’s since td was now the last to vote for Spont. Night 6 he was about to respawn as a Tank, since that would happen automatically on the fourth spawn, but Perry diverted JGH’s banstick from SnakeInABox to Suicide, and the banstick eliminated Suicide from the game.

Seriously, you dealt with this situation about as well as you could have save for the constant targeting of Snake and Raya. In the end you made it further than either of us expected I think. Twas a good game, and you definitely got a short stick coming into it, so don’t be discouraged. You’re a good player, stick with it.

Role: Manipulative_Bastard
Alignment: Manipulative Bastard (None)
Forumer: Minby_Aran
Player: Ansem

You are Minby_Aran, first Mafia host and skilled player. Getting into people’s heads and using them to meet your own ends is one of your most admirable talents. Your objective is to be the sole survivor. There’s a catch: You are able to manipulate one other player into doing your bidding.

Here’s the deal: On the first day you must choose one player to fall under your control. PM me your choice. I will in turn send a PM to that player explaining the situation: they will be stripped of their original win condition but keep their role. They can then only win with you, and will die (and lose the game) if you are killed. You are only allowed to manipulate one person at a time and will be given a private forum to communicate with that person. If the manipulated person dies, they still share your win condition. When one controlled player dies by any means you can take control of another person. Good luck.

Unique to Game 10: If one of your puppets dies, you have to wait until the next dayphase to recruit a new puppet.

For starters, I love this role. The Manipulative_Bastard is incredibly sneaky, very high-potential, and yet not unbalanced. There’s so much potential for the MB that has yet to be untapped. This is a third party role that can either do well or terribly, and is always given that great Achilles’ Heel-the puppet is nothing without a puppetmaster. It’s a role that demands a lot of scheming and/or hiding in the shadows while using your puppets to your advantage in whatever way possible. It’s as manipulative as its name indicates, and doesn’t lose much difficulty because of it: The MB must avoid being killed just as much as a serial killer, it merely gains the support of its puppets. Really I can think of so many ways this role could be played that it hasn’t yet, and it would actually make a good addition to the regular (but less common) set of third party roles. I’d love to see this used again.

Again the Manipulative_Bastard had a corollary in regards to the Quaetam role (that of Perry): Had Ansem manipulated Perry, Perry would simply join him as a comrade, and Ansem would be able to manipulate someone else. If Ansem died, his puppet would die too, but Perry would still be alive and able to try to carry it on as a one man team. If Perry died, Ansem and the puppet would still survive. Names said in the MB private forum, if Perry was on that team, would not count towards his total, btw.

Also, fun fact: MB actually sounds a lot like Minby Razz

As for how the MB did this game? Ansem played well, though he did have some notable mistakes. He opted to wait to manipulate Raya until Day 2, and immediately backed her being lynched. She returned in his alignment, and I didn’t allow him to pick another puppet just because she was gone. His first major mistake was breaking the tie between Weldar and Spontaneous Combustion Day 3, which drew him a little ire; it threw him into the spotlight a tiny bit, especially when Weldar turned up townie.

The one mistake of Ansem’s that ended up sealing his doom was his over-defensiveness of Raya, his… …expendable… …puppet Razz. This was picked up on as early as Day 2 by some such as Warchamp, and is what led the Coalition to target him, as his close following of Raya looked like the workings of a mason comrade.

Also:

People, Math has killed our country, dont let it kill innocents today!

This gave me a good laugh or two :3.

Oh, and:

imma vote: NoOne

Unless Snake votes for someone, ofcourse.

I think Warchamp knows the appropriate word for this sort of thing, but in the end it was actually a pretty good way to avoid being noticed by Snake, who is certainly a good player and quite a threat to your life.

You make a good Manipulative_Bastard, Ansem, just don’t get too attached to your puppets slaves tools comrades Very Happy. Your own safety with this role is far more important. Great game though, you did very well and as Raya said could have had a good shot at pulling it off if not for your bad luck Night 7. Nice scheming, nice laying low; even though you looked attached to Raya pretty much everyone who saw the connection thought of you as another mason from what I know. Was a lot of fun seeing you play this.

Seriously though, one of these days (if I can have the honor to see this role ever used again) we’re going to see the MB puppet-hop, I’m determined!

Manipulative_Bastard private forums: The Ivory Tower

Role: Psychopath
Affiliation: None
Character: Squirtle
Player: smashbro

Recently escaped from Petal Meadows along with Kirby, your corrupted feral nature has taken over your sanity. You thrive on killing, and thus seek a victim every night to kill. You win by being the sole survivor. Have fun with this role.

Smashbro was a cool dude who doesn’t afraid of anything :3. He played this game with a lot of gusto from the beginning. His original strategy, see, relied on not targeting the big-name players and hoping to bring them down quick, but on hitting those who are usually inactive or less prominent to make the game more exciting and throw everyone off. He actually kept a running list of who he deemed “safe” and worthy to live, and who he could target. You can see a version of this in the SKmafia forum.

Night 1 he killed DRTJR, and was mad when the said DRT came back from the dead. So what did he do? First he oh so calmly welcomed him back. Then he killed him again Night 2 Very Happy.

Night 3 he killed DarkFalco, which was a shame since I actually thought she was being pretty active this game. This was why DarkFalco, who claimed (and thus became) Vigilante and was stalking her prey, was interrupted and bludgeoned to death by something.

Tea Time blocked the kill Night 4, and thus his next and final kill, after being joined by Relmitos, came Night 5 on Warchamp7. Sadly, Warchamp was immune to all killing powers but that of the Upriser, and thus this attack failed.

Smash played this well and stayed out of suspicion until essentially the day of his lynch, but he did so at several times by staying under the radar and I think this contributed to his lynch. Speaking of which, Smashbro’s lynch was rather sudden and equally brutal. I had already extended the dayphase 24 hours, but only about ½ of the people alive at the time voted, so I was really worried about what would happen if I extended again and moreover decided one was enough as a matter of host rationale, so I didn’t go for two extensions.

Relmitos found smashbro Night 5, just before his death, and joined immediately. Their time was short together, but they did a good amount of scheamwork, which can be viewed below.

The SK mafia private forum: Squirtle Squad

The final three roles will be posted tomorrow, along with some final wrap-up thoughts about the game.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:17 am

The DF kill was based on past games. My judgment had more influence from past events than current.

If I ever have a killing role again, six of you will start off safe in my eyes. As for the other eight...

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:49 am

Q, the forums are not unlocked for outside view yet. And goddamnit, I wanna read my role Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:29 am

Minby you magnificent Bastard I read your book!

It was a fun game to watch and I really wish I didn't die so soon... game 1, 3, 4 , and 10

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top