TWBB Mafia Game 10: Why We Don't Divide by Zero-FINALE-The Usurpation of Heaven-COMING TO THEATERS NEAR YOU!

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 10: Why We Don't Divide by Zero-FINALE-The Usurpation of Heaven-COMING TO THEATERS NEAR YOU!

Post  Quaetam on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 am

Permissions on the Squirtle Squad and MB private forums fixed.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 10: Why We Don't Divide by Zero-FINALE-The Usurpation of Heaven-COMING TO THEATERS NEAR YOU!

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:18 am

That sure was a good read :3

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:43 am

Oh come on Raya, those first couple of times you posted suspected innocent/mafia/3rd party/unconfirmed, I didn't make it into even the unconfirmed part, hehe

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:07 am

Role: Runaway Yoshi
Affiliation: ??? (Became Mafia)
Character: Yoshi
Player: TheTJ

Oh dear. The world around you has gone to hell and amidst the chaos and discord, and you don't know what to do. Every day is constant fleeing from the horrors around you since you were separated from your owner. Poor little Yoshi, all scared and alone. But don't worry, there are plenty of citizens that are frightened themselves and will probably take you as a friend if they see that you are more afraid of them than they are of you.

You aren't on the side of anyone. You pretty much are waiting for someone to take you in. Here's how this works. Game 10 lacks PMs, and thus your recruitment will differ from Yoshi's original game. You will join the side of the first person to vote for you and keep their vote on you until the end of the dayphase. Again, joining a group with a private forum will give you access to that forum. The person you joined will be immediately notified. You win by either surviving or if the side that takes you in wins.

Here's another bonus. Hungry Yoshi is Hungry, right? You also have a sort of copy ability in that during one night phase you can choose a person and eat** their ability, and then this ability will be stored in the form of an egg. Then this egg can be use later and you get to use this power for one time only. However, you cannot eat an ability and use an egg in the same night, but you can store eggs, which may or may not be a good thing to do. Also, there are certain roles that will give you a useless egg, which basically means you got nothing out of it.

**Eating a person to take their ability is like a figure of speech. You don't really eat them, you just get to use their role ability (should they have one) once.

Have fun with this. One more thing, depending on how things turn out I reserve the right to modify your role ever so slightly. (Example: Say you become a townie, and all the townies die except for you. Since there are no townies left for you to help, I may just make to a runaway Yoshi again and you will have no affiliation again.)

This is probably one of the more unique and more entertaining roles I’ve seen, and was glad smashbro chose to submit it for Game 10. Smash and I discussed how recruiting Yoshi should work given that G10 had no PMs, and decided votes was more interesting than actions. Smash suggested adding the restriction about first to vote and keep vote on just so smash couldn’t continually change votes until he got Yoshi.

TheTJ was first voted on by Weldar on Day 1 out of a grudge, and then by Spontaneous Combustion because TJ had voted Spont, but Weldar withdrew his vote, so TJ went to the mafia.

Over the course of the game he amassed a large collection of eggs, but only attempted to use one.

Night 1 he egged Raya. This gave him something unique, although it was also something in retrospect I doubt I should have included. The egg here, if used in the dayphase, would save him from the lynch that day, but had to be used within two dayphases of being attained. He attempted to use it in the endgame, but it had expired by that point. In the end, as I said above, it’s probably an egg that would have been better off not even in the game, but I put it in as kind of a safeguard against the survivor Yoshi being screwed over too soon. Sorry if this created undue confusion.

Night 2 he eggified Snake, granting him a coroner egg.

Night 3 he eggerized Raya again, this time granting him a cop egg.

Night 5, the next available night, he egged Suicide, but this had no effect as Suicide wasn’t a zombie at the time.

Night 6 he eggtronized Avalanche, but this didn’t produce anything.

Night 7 he egged Relm and acquired Relm’s then-cop power. Remember, Relm’s power became that of a normal cop when he joined smashbro. The nightkilling ability was like that of a mafia; part of the faction as a whole, not of an individual player, and thus wasn’t eggable, though he could have got a 1-shot had he egged Smash prior to Relm joining.

And yes, he was as creative with the egg verbs as I was.

From the start TJ wasn’t very active, and besides placing him in danger of modkill this also led to his becoming suspicious. He placed a ‘random vote’ on Spont day 1, which may have been what got Spont to vote back for him. However it went downhill from there, to the point where he essentially didn’t post aside from a Day 2 bandwagon of Raya, and a vote on Spont Days 3 and 5, until I prodded him to do so Day 7. By page 40 he had made only 3 posts in the thread I believe. Day 7 Raya got everyone to force a tie to use her KillThemBoth power, but also to see if anyone would break it in one direction or another. TJ broke the tie away from JGH, who was his mafia comrade (then turned Coalition), and towards Jake. The doublelynch power accommodated people who were one vote apart as well as tied, so it still went through, and Raya had Poopywater prepare a report to post upon her death (which did occur) that condemned TJ for this vote. Day 8 TJ was lynched accordingly.

He did have a very tight plan to save himself though, by telling part of the truth; that he’d go for the first to vote him, which was indeed Weldar, simply neglecting to point out that Weldar’s vote withdrawal changed that. This came sooo close to succeeding, actually, as Perry, who was leading the town post Night 7-Vindication, pushed for a switch off TJ. Unfortunately, they decided to switch to Hudson, who was, as you all know by now, the Pocket Monster himself. Perry switched back very quick though, interestingly enough, thinking for some reason that TJ was Coalition (I’m still not entirely sure where that came from).

All in all, inactivity was very, very cumbersome on TJ’s end, but his play at the end was pretty airtight and impressive. A good game, but td260 was right when he said I should have been stricter on inactivity-3 posts in 40 pages of thread and 6 phases of playing shouldn’t be enough to keep someone alive, especially when I said in the OP that I’d be dealing with inactivity on a case to case basis.

Role: Tabula Rasa
Character: Zero
Alignment: None
Player: Avalanche

You are Zero. You are nothing. A nonbeing; a paradox against existance. A god's plaything, a philosophical statement on the meaning of life. Created by a certain godlike entity on a whim as an experiment on forcing the emergence of sentience, a jestful attempt to engineer a mathematical and logical paradox, you represent a powerful statement on existence, a source of philosophical amusement. You know not enmity, not friendship, not a desire to create or to destroy. You lack emotion and personality, void of all capacity for thought, and possess no power of your own.

Zero, however, has a single, powerful gift: Infinite learning capacity. On your own you possesses nothing. Yet your mind, or lack thereof, is capable of understanding all that it observes, and replicating the aforementioned. Zero can hear someone speak and repeat those same words in that same voice with the same intention. In terms of speaking, you will understand words and sounds when they are used, and can use only any sentence you have heard when posting in the mafia thread.

There is one notable exception. At the moment of your creation, the godlike entity behind your existance spoke one phrase.

"Pain is death, death is irrevocable, do not succumb to the absolute."

The effect of this phrase is powerful. By preventing you from succumbing to the absolute, and associating death and pain with the absolute, your creator gave you one powerful instinct: To survive. That is your goal this game, to remain alive at the end, regardless of whatever other team emerges victorious.

Moreover, you will have an adverse reaction to anyone who speaks a form of the word "Kill, Die, Death, Pain, Hurt," etc. When anyone speaks any form of one of these words, (such as killed or killing for the word kill), you must respond with at least part of the above phrase. The part of the phrase you use can be tailored to what you hear. (so if someone says death, say death is irrevocable, and if someone says hurt or pain, say "pain is death". You MUST use the whole phrase if anyone directly threatens you, but for less than that, feel free to be creative )

You are nothing, but can become everything. Whatever you see, you can replicate, physically anyhow, but whatever you see is all you know: You are nothing on your own, though you will learn and expand from what you observe. Any action used on you will fail the first time, with notable exceptions, and you will learn that action. You can use one of any of your learned nightphase actions during the nightphase, and one of any learned dayphase actions during the dayphase. As aforementioned, many powers cannot be learned, and there are others that may fail if you attempt to use them, as after all Zero is also unable to imitate any sort of magical power.

You have one power to aid yourself however, in addition to the infinite learning capacity: Zero can rearrange his body to take any form of similar mass. You can choose one person out of either those who have voted for you or who you have voted for or acted on to replicate, and will scan as whatever they scan as for the next cycle. Your instincts dictate that you are always able to change (do not succumb to the absolute), however, and thus you cannot choose the same person two nights in a row.

Might you be able to evolve in some way, to gain logic and thus better control over your actions? Perhaps...

Also, this is a complicated role, so I'm going to reserve the right to give some minor tweaks if ever necessary, though I doubt such a situation will arise. Moreover, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

It’s pretty hilarious how much of an insult this role PM sounds like if you read it the right way Very Happy.

This role itself is something I couldn’t help adding. It was a great idea, a survivor that had a major speech restriction but could hide behind others and learn powers. The power learning was dependent on the ability used. A power used on Av would fail the first time and teach him something, though the latter part depended. Here’s a full list:

Kirby’s kill and eat would fail, but Avalanche couldn’t get that power since it’s dependent on Kirby’s own physiology, not something anyone could perform. Ness’s daykill was the same. Mewtwo’s psychic analysis, if used on Avalanche, wouldn’t fail, but would instead change Avalanche’s speech restriction from phrases others have used to words. The Banstick would still kill Avalanche regardless. The Viero role’s votesteal would be negated and learned, but the bomb itself wouldn’t. Any nightkill besides the banstick and Kirby’s would fail the first time and cause Avalanche to learn a 1-shot killing ability. The Manipulative_Bastard… …I actually hadn’t decided about. A part of me really wanted to let Avalanche learn the puppeteering ability, as that isn’t really anything special, just the MB manipulating someone into doing his deeds :3. In Avalanche’s case, it would simply be reinforcing him as a survivor. The Upriser’s ability would still go through, revealing him to be not a mod, and wouldn’t be learned. Yoshi’s egg would simply fail but Av couldn’t learn it. The abilities of the Infected wouldn’t be learned. A coroner scan would succeed and be learned should Av be brought back to life. If Av WAS brought back to life by Omicron, he couldn’t learn the revive power.

He would learn Relmitos’ psychiatrist scan, and could actually join the SK through this manner. THAT would have been an interesting development, for sure, especially if he had learned the MB’s power (which again I really hadn’t decided for sure on) and if JGH had already joined smashbro.

He could learn Weldar’s bodyguard power, could not learn DRTJR’s mindtaking, and could learn Raya’s cop scan (Or Relm’s, or Fedaykin’s, or anyone else’s for that manner.). With Usopp it depended on the power claimed. Only Diversion could be learned out of Perry’s powers, but had Perry chosen to contact him via Deduction, Av would lose all restrictions on his speech. This was due to Zero hearing the voice of his creator, Quaetam. Out of the Prophet’s powers, only the protection would be learned. Deathtalking, IP Trace, and cleansing were all unlearnable.

Anyways, as I indicated in his original PM, I was incredibly happy that Avalanche, of all people, got this role out of the RNG, as he’s both a skilled player and a major Grand Brawl participant. He knew how to play this role, and he and I had a lot of laughs out of his uses of others’ words (see “no u” Razz)

The way this role played out was interesting, as both Av and I noticed that a lot more people talk about killing and death than you first think about. In the end I said it was fine if he only used parts of the Origin Phrase up to four or five times a day. I used this again I’d make the Origin Phrase restriction a little less prominent, as it made his role too obvious since people seem to talk about death a lot in these mafia games. The presence of Grand Brawl participants also skewed results a bit, as Weldar and Hudson figured out that Avalanche was Zero Day 3 or so. Everyone was speculating about Zero’s infinite learning capacity and thus was afraid to target him, so Av was only targeted twice I believe: once by TheTJ Night 6, to no effect, and once for a kill by the mafia Night 8, giving him his one-shot power. Had the game lasted past Day 9, this would have caused some chaos, all right.

Avalanche never used his shapeshifting ability, largely due to the fact that everyone knew what he was right away.

He was very creative with his restrictions, beyond being humorous. He convinced everyone that he couldn’t be killed with his repetition of the “just keep coming back” thing, to the point where he wasn’t targeted for death until the last playable night despite everyone knowing what his role was.

Role: The Upriser
Alignment:[b] Coalition
[b]Forumer:
SurgePox
Player: Fedaykin

The world is falling around you and corruption has spread amidst the lemmings that are its populace. This corruption has turned even some of the bravest souls. It disgusts you. You find it pathetic, how weak the forumers and citizens are, that they would so easily fall to the sway of misdeeds, of trolling and evil ambition. You won't have anything of it. It's time for you to take charge. However, something is in the way of your quest to rebuild this decaying place: The Admin, Matt Mercer. He is untrustworthy, unwilling to change, and otherwise despicable. As long as he lives your efforts will be in vain. It's time to act.

The Admin is powerful, though, and a difficult target. Before taking him down, you must rally your army! Raise a Coalition! Twice a cycle (once each dayphase and once each nightphase) you may PM me the name of one player. If they are a moderator, they will be join your noble cause. The current mods are Smashbro, Gorblax, and Raya (role names, of course, not player names). The moderators, when PMed, will lose their current alignment and join you, but keep their current conditions and any private forum access. You will be given a private forum upon recruiting your first ally.

Once all the mods are united, your objective changes: It will then be time to strike! Your ability changes from a recruit to a scankill: The player you name will be killed if he or she is Matt Mercer, in a very epic fashion.

When the Admin has been killed, the goal of the Coalition takes one final change: To gain control of the land of confusion. Recognizing the depths of the depravity amidst the fools around you, you have decided to purge them and start anew. Your power will become that of a normal cop, but the Coalition will be able to make a collective nightkill. You win when you gain majority just like the mafia.

Also, since this role is a very difficult one to win with, you are given a slight boon: Nightkill Immunity

[i]I was unable to include this role in Game 6 due to the stress it would place on the town (when combined with the Chessmaster, Renegade, both mafias, and Zombies), but here, where the town actually had some fucking powerful weapons, it was fine, and furthermore in what was my lucky second chance to host, I could not resist including it.

The Coalition was essentially a revolutionary uprising, if the narration and this role PM wasn’t enough to guess. SurgePox arrived in the Kingdom following Minby’s Divide By Zero world collapsing paradox (which if you notice what the Minby role was (MB), you could wonder whether he did it intentionally….. Wink), and saw his chance to, free of the constraints and bureaucracies of Avalanchia, bring down Matt Mercer, who he saw as decadent and corrupt. He rose up against Matt, recruited an army of the other mods, assassinated him, and then took the world by storm, inaugurating an overarching order; the dawning of a new age. This role took the job of a mafia and made it harder: In addition to just gaining majority, Fedaykin would have to first recruit all the moderators to gather his army and then have Warchamp killed. Warchamp couldn’t be taken down by normal means, being immune to everything besides a lynch or Fedaykin himself.

Here’s a stage by stage of how this role worked:

Stage 1: Uprising

Here Fed’s power, as mentioned above, was a once a phase (once per day, once per night) scan-recruit. With 22 other players to pick from (23 total since Barda was modkilled), Fed actually (and understandably) had a lot of trouble with this. His first breakthrough didn’t come until Day 4, when he recruited Snake immediately after his revive. Day 5 they got Omicron. From there it became a scramble to keep Omi alive (as he was under suspicion) and find the smashbro role (JGH). JGH was found Night 6, the night of Snake’s death, converting him from mafia to Coalition. Recruited mods (JGH and Snake that is given their roles) could not mention the identities of their former comrades, regardless of alignment (just like a MB's puppet).

If Fedaykin scanned Warchamp during this phase, he would learn War was Matt (and hence his target), and War would be told someone was after him. This happened Night 2. To illustrate this in the death, I showed someone attempt to assassinate Matt. Every attempted nightkill on Warchamp also had a hint like this too, or at least I tried to make it happen (see War escaping the theater Snake was killed in N6)

Notice the

------------------------------------------------------- dashes

I put between the nightkill posts (on most occasions)?

There was one of those following Mercer’s attempted assassination and prior to Snake’s death. I did this for a reason, as the assassination was a separate event. I also PMed War:

Someone is out to get you.

Good times.

If Warchamp had been lynched during this stage, the Coalition would immediately skip to Stage 3. Any currently recruited mods would be in the Coalition mafia, and if they nightkilled a non-recruited mod role it would join them like a traitor.

Stage 2: Revolution

This stage started the second all surviving mod roles came under Coalition control. Fedaykin’s power immediately became a scan-kill against Warchamp. The kill wasn’t absolute though. I had a very distinct formula for how the Revolution would work.

First, depending on the number of mod roles left alive when all surviving moderators were aligned with the Coalition, the kill would have a different power activation success ratio. With all four moderators standing, the kill would have a 100% success rate. With three standing, I’d flip one coin, cutting the rate down to 50%. With two standing, I’d flip two coins, both needing to be heads, cutting the rate again to 25%. If only Fed was alive, the rate would become 12.5%, with three coins.

The kill would be unblockable if JGH was alive regardless of how many mods were left total, but could be stopped by a doctor protect if JGH was dead.

On Day 7, with Snake dead, the Coalition knew they didn’t have a 100% shot when the kill on Warchamp was first ordered (since they recruited JGH27 only the preceding night). Furthermore, with JGH up to be lynched and Omicron a likely kill target, Fed knew it was make or break for them. Frankly, a lot did indeed depend on the results of that kill. In the end as you know it succeeded (flipped 1 coin due to ¾ being alive, got heads), but had it failed, JGH was likely to be lynched anyways, not only cutting the chances down to 25% for any following attempts, and also losing the unblockability so War could potentially self-protect to block it. Things would have been very, very bad. This 50% shot that resulted in success was ultimately the Coalition’s saving grace, to an extent, though it sealed JGH’s doom and almost killed Omicron too, had Night 7 gone different.

I left them hanging for a while despite doing the coinflip at the phase start for a couple reasons. First, for suspense. I dropped hints as the day progressed that something fucking big was coming. Second, for balance, to give War one last phase in which to out his info, though if I were to host this again I’d tell War something about his fate being sealed (though I hinted at it in the phase opener, granted). Third, I was at my grandparents’ anyways until that point, and had little to no computer access. First two were more important though and would have led me to do what I did regardless.

Fedaykin lost his nightkill immunity when Warchamp fell.

Stage 3: Purge

When Warchamp fell, the Coalition reformed instantly, becoming a second (third due to Squirtle Squad) mafia. Fedaykin’s power became a regular nightly cop scan and he lost NK immunity, and Omicron’s revival ability was replaced with a doctoring ability. Snake’s coroner and JGH’s banstick remained the same of course. The group could make a nightkill provided they agreed on perpetrator and victim like the mafia had to.

Had they reached this stage via War getting lynched before all mods were recruited, any not-yet recruited mods would essentially work as traitors, joining the Coalition if targeted for death. This didn’t happen, however. This stage was entered Day 7 when War died. JGH did a good job trying to convince everyone that they were naught but survivors, but it was sadly to no avail, though their status was ambiguous enough going into Day 8 that they managed to pull it off.

Now, Fedaykin played a brilliant game. He was one of the best out there. As he said, I don’t think a single vote was cast on him the ENTIRE GAME, though I could be wrong about that, and he actually played very strong and actively. He had trouble recruiting the moderators, as was to be expected (Didn’t find any till Snake’s revive, Snake pointed him to Omicron, then they struggled and finally found JGH27 Night 6). Fedaykin didn’t go off his own power so much as his strength of words, and was viewed as not suspicious by all but Weldar and Raya, even till the end, where Perry mentioned he was very trustworthy or at least damn good at playing him.

Fedaykin’s was pissed that the antics of his comrades almost screwed him over, but worked through that and kept his cool, and somehow managed to end up on top. He and Omicron made an awesome team. Snake’s effects and potential effects on the Coalition I’ve already mentioned, so I’ll avoid that. JGH wasn’t there long enough to make a huge impact but what he did was tremendous, stopping the mafia from killing Snake and getting them on Warchamp (though Relm killed Snake anyways). He came very close to passing the Coalition off as survivors, but sadly it was not to be.

Fedaykin and Omicron, on the other hand, lived on past Day 7 and Night 7, and in fact until the endgame. Fedaykin got under Perry’s skin and gained his trust quickly D8, and Omicron similarly managed to regain trust a bit. The semi-obvious targets at that point were fortunately not Coalition but mafia instead, so it was easy to try to force lynches onto them, and this strategy worked.

I think it might have been Fedaykin’s idea to weaponize Weldar through the revival, but about that I could be wrong. Either way, weaponizing Weldar was risky but worked in the end, worked out very, very well for what could have been a doomed faction.

I could go on for a while about all their schemes, but I think it’s best to see for yourself: Fed played solid, cunning, and ultimately brilliant. A lot of factions deserved this victory, but Fedaykin worked very hard, was very lucky, and earned it very much. Played like a champ, through and through. It was an honor to have you play this role, in this game, Fedaykin.

Upriser Private Forum: The Coalition

Tomorrow I have some final thoughts to post, and if I can think of anything else to add to Fedaykin’s role post (as I know there’s almost definitely more) I’ll do so then.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Q :3

When I read the role-PM, I was literally exploding from joy, jumping up and down in my chair. Just thinking about it made me grin like a madman :3 The first days and nights made me realise, that there was hard work in front of me. Then I scanned Warchamp and I thought I was fucked, and when Snake died, I started believing that I wouldn't be even able to kill off Matt. Thank you Omicron, for reviving Snake, this brought the revolution on its way(although I feared, that I had made a mistake by recruiting him, he was such a likely target). Things went pretty well until Snake#s second death, Raya's accusations and JGH under heavy fire. I nearly flipped out. Omi and I had a long and good talk about our next curse of action, which led to the resurrection of Weldar(I think it was my idea to choose him,doesn't matter). Good plan on paper, but Weldar seemed to shred our plans to pieces along with Raya. I was afraid to meet the accusations and restrained from posting, even voting. The lynch of J was an unpleasant surprise, but it shifted attention towards TJ, which was very welcome. Night 7 was full of tough decisions. It seemed to me, that Omi was our only real chance to get near endgame. He was kinda cleared of suspicions and had his doc ability, where I had nothing to offer besides of my argumenting skills(copscan was useless with only godfather left around). Thank God, that Perry followed my line of arguments, but he drove me almost crazy. He is such a good player and I was not sure about him until the end. Same with Av, you can never tell with Zero, it can adept to anything. In the last nightphase before the finale, I was sweating blood as well. Would the kill on poopy succeed? Whom would the mafia hit (Thank you hudson for going after the big name player,it was stupid, but saved my ass)? Poor Sah, btw. I was determined to get you down, Sah. There were 2 votes from the coalition against you, Perry was on my good side and Av...well,he voted for you as well :3 The wait after the lynch was hell, but when I saw the title of the finale, i knew we had won. Tbh, I still can't believe it, so many things could have gone wrong(some DID) and still somehow, I came out on top.

Once again, I want to thank Q for hosting this awesome game, his awesome narrations and most important, for being a fair, just and neutral host. I hope, that you will host again sometime, until then, I look forward to working with or against you in the next games Smile

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:59 pm

I don't quite remember who came up with the Weldar revival idea either...there's barely anything on that forum; after JGH and Snake died, Fed and I talked a lot over Steam.

This was a nice experience; other games, I was some sort of simple townie role. Being in a group was cool, because I bonded a little with all of them, especially Fed. (And Q, too).

*can't wait for next game*

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:20 am

Should we start to move to the other topic and start deciding who hosts the next game yet?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:23 am

Q wanted to post a final summary, wait for that. We owe him that much.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Minby, I will fight you for host rights.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Have the set-up for a pokemon themed mafia game ready and can technically start up within 24 houres, and the rough sketches for a TWBB prequel one. If Minby wants in however, I don't have much trouble with that Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:08 pm

OH SHIT MINBY.

and i could go asap, i have all the roles.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 pm

I have roles and the opening post ready for my Pokemon mafia. I also have evolution worked out, so HAH! Razz

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:32 pm

dude we're even Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:34 pm

I just want to be able to set up my game because I've been working on it since, I think, game 6. But let Q post his final thoughts, then we can get a poll going.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Alright, this will be my last factual post. It's a textwall, but it's one you all should read. It wraps things up nicely.

First, I’ll talk about the story:

First, the story essentially began with Minby_Aran break the world through mathematics. This really begged the question, though I’m surprised nobody picked up on it, of whether the Manipulative_Bastard did it on purpose, knowing something of what would happen in some arcane or scientific way and realizing this was his chance… Because of this I was so tempted to bold Minby’s name in the opening narration and make everyone fear the MB from the beginning but knew that wouldn’t be good for balance.

The story, and game, was exactly what I described it from the beginning:

But while the masses largely despaired, there were those who saw a land they could at last shape to their own desires. Dark and noble causes renewed, they emerged into the growing stalemate of the Kingdom, a Kingdom ready to explode into violence. With luck, perhaps that violence could be resolved in their favor....

Already the seeds of a new power struggle had been sewn, the natives and Avalanchians alike recognizing the opportunity to change the Kingdom to their image. Who would succeed in this coming fray?

This was the theme of this game, those seeking the destruction and rebirth of the world versus the championing of the final bastions of the old order in a land in chaos. It was all about the dawn of a new age. And I feel it held true.

The Kingdom was thrown into chaos with the Avalanchians’ arrival, and while many sought to restore peace, some saw the chance to fulfill their dark purposes. Viero followed Smashbro to the Immigrant District where they were taken under the wing of Mewtwo and his disciples in the Underground, as part of the Mafia. Here Smashbro, who wished to really make a difference and change things, realized he could play a part in the said dawn of that new age.

Conversely, under the surviving Queen Raya, several Avalanchians found an old Stronghold to be their base and from within plotted together to reestablish order and save the Kingdom in flames. The Queen, the Great Negotiator and the Admin each went separate ways, seeking to help restore order on their own benefits rather than join with the Queen. They all fought for the same cause, but I suppose you could say that the Admin and Negotiator didn’t join the Remnants out of a desire to establish their own order, despite recognizing the Queen’s benevolence. They worked together, but sort of as rivals, as with any fragmented royalty with a power vaccum left by the King's demise. Quaetam perhaps found it in his own interests to worm his way into the position of the King of Avalanchia. Furthermore, Quaetam brought Zero, his creation, into the Kingdom, for unknown reasons. It turned on him in the end as it realized that he had lied to it, that death was not irrevocable and thus its entire existence had been based on an Origin Phrase that was a lie. But anyways, the Admin may have not trusted either Quaetam or Queen Raya enough to side with them completely. The three were all townies, but definitely had their own interests in mind.

There WAS someone who saw corruption in all three of them, and desired nothing more than their demise. SurgePox, the Upriser, searched for the other Guardians of the Kingdom to turn them on their corrupt oppressors. Queen Raya, being a Guardian herself, could be swayed, and with Quaetam, the Great Negotiator, remaining as in the shadows as he was in Avalanchia SurgePox could never be sure if he had survived, or even if he was a major threat But Matt Mercer, the Admin, he saw as corrupt and decadent just like the others, and he knew Mercer couldn’t be swayed, and would have to be eliminated. Surge thus sought to rally the Guardians into a revolution and reshape the world in his own image.

I almost actually planned to have Perry (who played Quaetam) be stealthily recruitable by the Upriser (wouldn’t be necessary, but if he was targeted he would be recruited). After all… Razz. It was only a thought though, never really developed, and wouldn’t have been perfectly balanced.

In the chaos following the Avalanchians’ arrival, the asylum was broken into and its inmates, Kirby and Squirtle, escaped. Kirby realigned with his pupils Ness and Lucas, joining the Mafia of Mewtwo, and Squirtle made his base in the old Asylum, a mad beast with a craving for blood, seeking nothing but carnal fulfillment through destruction.

Camilla found herself split in half, quite painfully. One half dedicated itself to finding the rampaging Squirtle, and the other half continued its role as Minister of Propaganda, joining the Remnants under Queen Raya and organizing a joint media effort with Lakitu. I was hoping some people might suspect the Lakitu godfather to be in this due to my narrations, but sadly everyone noticed his name wasn’t bolded :3.

Finally, Minby_Aran himself resided in the Ivory Tower, looking down as all the other fools squabbled in the dirt and in the flames of war, shaping events to his own bidding. Minby entered the world already planning his manipulation, and hoped to come in contact with his comrade Quaetam, that they might rule together. They never met, sadly, but Minby was able to manipulate Ansem into doing his bidding, influencing the actions of the Remnants.

Each of these five major factions (Remnants (just helping townies), Mafia, Coalition, Serial Killer, and MB) pursued their own ends, each out to gain something from ruling the Kingdom, each out to shape the coming of the new age to their own desires.

How well they did was an entirely different story.

The Remnants were quickly torn apart as Queen Raya was swayed by the noble cause of SurgePox into forming a Coalition of Guardians. Almost at the same time, Ansem found himself swayed by the intelligent, pervasive words of the illusive Minby_Aran, former secretive Minister of Intelligence. Out of the three Remnant members, only one remained loyal to the cause past a short few days.

Minby_Aran grew in influence, in power, playing both sides and influencing the Mafia and the Remnants. However, he grew closer to his puppet Ansem, who had proven so useful to him, and began to lose sight of his true goal, losing his omnipotence over the situation as he began to side with the Remnants. Yet things were going well for him, and he continued to push buttons, to pull the strings from the shadows. He was slain by something not even he, nor anyone, could see coming. There was another side to this, someone else fighting for control and rising up from nowhere to a position of dominance. This chess game had more than two sides. SurgePox, leader of the Coalition, was the third side, the unseen factor, something Minby was unable to predict, and was his undoing.

The Mafia began to win its stalemate, swiftly eliminating many of its opponents, but found itself unable to eliminate the Queen of Avalanchia after numerous attempts. Things began to go wrong soon enough, and the Mafia quickly saw its chances at conquest overthrown. Despite this, the other major Dons were quickly slain, and on the crime front the Pocket Monster reigned supreme. However, Mewtwo’s plans to release a psychic army to overwhelm the Kingdom were cut short by mere hours as he was killed by Great Negotiator Quaetam, leading to the mafia’s end.

And the Coalition rose from nothing. SurgePox rallied his army. The Queen was turned away from the cause of Avalanchia. Smashbro realized the corruption in the Mafia he had sided with and turned against it. Gorblax, the Necromancer, living legend, quickly took up the cause of his Guardian comrade. And one by one knocked down the pillars of the old order, one by one toppled the great giants that were the bastions of hope in the jaded world of the Kingdom. Princess Peach, Matt Mercer, Minby_Aran, Mewtwo, and Quaetam fell at their hands, and the world was made theirs.

I told you I tried to make this game as cinematic as possible and I told you true. This could be rewritten as a full length story if I so wanted. I’m proud of my work here, and really hope I did a good job entertaining you with it.

Now, some stuff about the finale itself:

First, there was never actually a night 9. The game ended at Sahrimnir's lynch, as the Coalition gained a 2 v 1 v 1 majority (one of the single parties being Avalanche, who won alongside them) The four narrative posts at the end are all part of one larger post but split apart for both suspense and to ensure it didn’t get too tl;dr. Because frankly it was some of my best work IMO and I really wanted you all to (and hope you did :/ ) read it.

Speaking of which, all four parts of the finale (Breaking of the World (sah’s failed lynch), Fade to Black, The Lathe of Oblivion(the Underground, Mewtwo’s death), The Usurpation of Heaven(Fed vs Perry) ), totaled 32 pages in Microsoft word.

Leading up to the finale, I had the narrative itself build to a climax, and the actions of many people helped with this. The Coalition in the last few days literally acted just like a revolution, assassinating its greatest enemies: First it finally banded together as Fedaykin assassinated Matt Mercer (Warchamp7), who had been their target from the start. Then, that night, Fedaykin assassinated Minby_Aran (Ansem), the Manipulative_Bastard who had been pulling all the strings from the shadows and was now to finally be overthrown. The night after, the Coalition killed the newscaster (Senor Poopy Water), eliminating the reactionary media who stood in the way of their rule. Absolutely perfect. On the final night, Quaetam, Great Negotiator of Avalanchia, exposed himself, and the Coalition used him to get at Mewtwo (Sahrimnir) without personal risk.

Some other plans included having Fedaykin try to kill Perry down in the Underground right after Mewtwo’s death but be slain, and have Omicron revive all three Coalition members in the Cathedral up above. I think what I did was better though. That would have marginalized Fedaykin and omitted the chance for a final epic clash. The duel that ensued from what I did was one of my favorite fight scenes I’ve written, as was the Mewtwo fight (his combat style was incredibly fun to think up, with the swirling animated blades and the balls of psychic energy. The fact that I felt I had to draw it should say something :3. I only wish I could draw some scenes from the Perry vs Fedaykin duel.)

Also, by the end of it all I made a point to wreck every major location I’d described save for the Cathedral, which I’d planned to have be Fed’s death spot if he died :3.

Concurrently I had the police force gradually take out the dons who didn’t have a role. If you remember, Bowser was killed by Marth the night of Queen Raya’s (SnakeInABox’s) death, prompting the celebration in the theater. A rouge assassin took out Snake (Relmitos), and the Mafia made an attempt on Matt Mercer’s life at that time but he escaped (he was immune to their kill). DeDeDe was killed at the end of Day 8, just before the lynch. The question of who the playable mafia don was quickly became apparent, at least to Fedaykin and I think Avalanche, stuck between Ganondorf and Mewtwo. I left this unanswered until the finale, in which Perry, Fed, and Omicron ventured into the hazards of the Underground and the Great Negotiator killed Mewtwo (Sah, of course) and his psychic army before being usurped by Fedaykin.

As for Ganondorf? Well… …seems he was never caught. I suppose you all should decide for yourselves what happened to him. Did he flee the Kingdom at last, recognizing his cause to be lost, seeking to find someone else to bend to his will? Or is he lurking in the shadows, as is his way, waiting for a time to strike against the new order of the Coalition?

Finally, onto some game mechanics stuff:

This game never actually used the SnakeInABox rule, if you guys hadn't figured that out. I just pretended :3. I told everyone the last action wouldn't count, but in the end counted all actions regardless as long as they were in before the dayphase start. This was to keep the game balanced and still create the urgency to submit as quick as possible. Not to mention I couldn't handle quick back to back phase shifts with my narrative style. Hell, I was late most of the time by at least half an hour just to ensure the posts were top notch.

Next, balancing this game gave me headaches, because I did not handpick the roles for this game, save for the ones from Game 6 and the three unique roles. This game was entirely based on host submission. I did my best to accept everything thrown at me, and to shape it into a rather balanced setup. Because of this, I put hosts in separate random number generators with the roles from their game. Hosts were given rules against mentioning the roles they'd submitted or that hosts were allowed to submit roles, on pain of modkill. Each host, as several people began to realize, had a role from his or her game. Ordinarily I am against predetermined roles, but I made a slight exception here in giving hosts their own roles. There was one exception, and it was a minor mistake on my part: I sent TJ the Yoshi role, which was not from his game, after having excluded the role from his game that was supposed to go to him. Before I realized what I'd done, he had opened the role PM. Derp. Given the host restrictions it didn't matter anyways though.

Total possible kills in one night: 16 kills First, Relmitos will have had to have scanned smashbro and chosen to lover bond to him rather than join him as another serial killer, making smashbro a vigilante. During the dayphase, Ansem gets a puppet. Viero makes a kill. 1 death. Say this kill hits Ansem, killing Ansem's puppet too. 2 deaths. The Coalition manages to scankill Warchamp during the day. 3 deaths. Barda, who was a townie lynchbomb, and Spont, who became a mafia lynchbomb with a votesteal, would have to be tied. Raya orders the Kill Them Both power, and they each explode, killing the last person to vote for them. 7 deaths. Now, during the nightphase, Perry if his name was said 25 times, the mafia, the coalition since they became a mafia when War died, the serial killers, Avalanche if he had a 1-shot ability, Darkfalco if she claimed vigilante, Yoshi with the right egg could all kill. Add that to the earlier five and you get 14. If anyone targeted a self-protecting Weldar, they'd die too. 15. If any nightkill hit relm or smash, the other would die too. 16.

This was possible. In a perfect (perfectly horrible) world, it could happen. But the chances were so astronomically low it was fine. Protection and redirection and blocks could interfere, actions like showstopper and teatime could stop alll nightkills, the votes would have to be tied or one off for the doublelynch to work, the Infected could block something, killers could kill other killers before those killers had the chance to kill *unties tongue*. Ultimately, they would have to somehow all avoid hitting unkillables, being redirected/blocked, or hitting each other, and the dayphase would have to line up PERFECTLY. Wasn't going to happen.

But if it did, how I would write it? I have no clue.

Probably just a short narration with a youtube clip with WTF-BOOM followed by the list of deaths :3

Now, we DID have an 8 death phase. Everyone seemed to want to play all their biggest cards during Day and Night 7, resulting in half of the game’s population at the time dying and changing the entire landscape of the playing field in the blink of an eye. Day 7 Coalition kills Warchamp, Raya orders the 1-shot Killthemboth getting JGH and Jake Sky. Viero and Relmitos targeted a self-protecting Weldar, killing all three. Fedaykin makes the Coalition nightkill on Ansem, killing his puppet Raya as well. Omicron's revive helped to offset it, but things seemed to line up perfectly. Closest thing I've seen to a legitimate worst-case scenario happening in mafia. I was absolutely, facepalmingly stunned that it worked out the way it did.

Day 7 was also a fantastic display of people really playing hard, power use aside: A 10+ page phase that far into the game. I was amazed, and actually became scared we’d have a thread split, which was a very, very large possibility had Night 7 gone differently. Hell, we reached Page 63-64 at least even with what went on (depends how much you guys add after this). I was discussing with my brain trust for how this should work; the game was predicted to last until day 11 or 12 at least, and had things continued at the high level of activity we’d seen all game, it probably would have spanned another 20 or so pages without the finale and the postgame.

Speaking of my brain trust, it consisted of Surgepox, smashbro, Weldar, and Snake once they had all been permanently eliminated from the game (Surge when he subbed out, smash when Omicron lost his revival, Snake when killed for the second time, and Weldar when killed for the second time). These four were incredibly helpful in some tough balance issues that arose (after all, given how the game was made (largely from host submissions), it was understandably hard to think of everything). A great thanks must be had for all of them.

Now, even post Night 7, the game had the potential to reach up to Day 11 and have any kind of victory (Coalition + Avalanche, Coalition solo, Avalanche solo!, Perry + Avalanche, Mafia + Avalanche, Mafia solo). There was also a very, very distinct possibility of a nobody wins scenario resulting from a mexican standoff between one Coalition member and one Mafian following the lynch of either Avalanche or Perry. Had everything gone right, we could have even seen a standoff immediately following Day 9 with a no victory. I’d have called that “Output Undefined”. I could explain the exact list of scenarios, but I’ll spare you another two pages of text.

Also, as some of you guessed, I did indeed hint at Zero’s presence through the title and some of the posts.

All factions played incredibly well, and were so fun to observe.

Believe it or not, I actually expected the town had a very good shot in this, but they wasted about five dayphases before finally catching any scum players, giving the Coalition time to gather, killing about six or seven townies despite the efforts of the reviver, and ultimately almost imploding. Despite this they still lasted very long. Perry, a new player, took up the mantle of a rather challenging role (broken Level 1 ability aside) and played very well with it. That role was designed to force someone to be a major player and Perrytheplatypus obliged, taking control post Raya’s and Weldar’s deaths.

The Remnants were amazingly fun to watch, especially when only one of them was actually a townie since Day 3 (Snake being dead Day 3 and then recruited into the Coalition Day 4, and Raya being manipulated Day 2). Save for Poopywater, they all had ulterior motives, and didn’t even realize it beyond themselves Razz.

The MB and his puppet were some of the craziest schemers I’ve seen in any mafia game (Raya’s plans were constantly updated, and Ansem was largely in chillax mode but definitely contributed a lot. The two of them work very, very well together.) The Manipulative_Bastard is a very hard role due to its’ Achilles’ heel condition, made even harder in this game that could have up to 3 mafias (Mafia, Coalition, Serial Killer), and I was skeptical that the MB could get far due to this, but Ansem and Raya impressed me in nearly carrying this game. Had Ansem lived past Night 7, I wouldn’t have been surprised if they won or at least came very close.

The Serial Killers played daring. Smashbro, given a role that’s never an easy one to win with, played the opposite of a normal SK: Targeting people who going into this game had been perceived as inactive or low profile, leaving all the big guns standing. He only drew shifty glances a few times before his sudden lynch. And Relmitos decided to take the risky option of joining smashbro rather than loverbonding with him once he’d found him. They formed a SK mafia Day 6, and didn’t get to collaborate for long, sadly, but Relm carried on the cause well, finally doing what the Mafia failed to so many times and assassinating Queen Snake. He’s a very underestimated player, and had he not killed Weldar that night he would probably have made it to Day 9 at least.

The Coalition and the Mafia played exceedingly well, despite their share of mistakes, and it was so intense seeing both factions struggle to survive. Viero and td260 championed the mafia in a way that surprised and impressed me, despite the inactivity of many of the others. Their powers were very coordinated, and td260 seemed very good at interpreting Hudson’s riddles and helping find potential good targets. Viero seemed to shape all the mafia’s plans, his only mistake being continuing to target Snake six times (though the circumstances that led to failure were different each time, mind you). Funny enough, it was Relmitos who finally brought Snake down.

The Coalition was amazing, as probably indicated by their victory. Fedaykin stayed under the radar while still being active, appearing rather genuine, and only falling under suspicion when he was outed to Raya. He even got Perry, the town leader at the end, to trust him almost completely. Omicron, the other Coalition survivor, used his doc power tactfully and schemed very well in conjunction with Fedaykin, made one of the best powerplays I’ve seen (the reviving of Weldar), and managed to shake suspicion off him long enough to actually survive, despite being a known reviver and suspicious individual. And let’s not forget the other two. Yes, Snake nearly killed off his own team, but despite that he managed to bring Omicron into the Coalition almost immediately. And JGH27 is always a champ. He was thrust into a difficult position and not only got the mafia to avoid targeting Snake, but almost convinced everyone that the Coalition was benevolent. He fought hard for their win, and while he didn’t convince anyone, he certainly was a positive force, and went down fighting.

Finally, as I’ve indicated, I want to say the average level of activity (bar a couple exceptions) displayed in this game was great, same for skill. This was incredibly fun to host and to watch, so once again I thank you. It’s been an honor, if an exhausting one, to host these games. I’d love to do so again, but not for a good long while Razz.

Thank you one final time for playing Mafia Game 10. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks for hosting, Quaetam. We all appreciate the amount of work you put into this.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 pm

As said, incredible work Q. You really made this game worthy of the title All Stars

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:10 pm

I agree, this was the most polished game in so many aspects, from the roles to the writing, it was an amazing experience. Thank you very much for the work, you put in here!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:39 pm

This game left a bad taste in my mouth. It was great, Q did great, but I feel like despite the many good things I had done in the game, It means nothing because of one shit move that didn't affect my team in any way in the end anyway.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:00 am

One final thought on the Quaetam-role joining us: while epic, it would have been OP. All we had to do, would have been posting his name 25 times in our forum each day and have unblockable kills every night. Hell, it'd been far too powerful for anything but townie.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:09 am

Heh, I was wondering if the hosts getting their own roles were deliberate. I couldn't believe it when I got the Ansem role, then when the other hosts started turning up dead I began to suspect something. Nice move, Q.

I enjoyed this game, though I've got a few grey hairs to show for it Razz I don't think I've ever schemed so much in my entire life. Exhausting and nerve-wracking, but lots of fun regardless. Thanks Q.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 am

My only complaint about this game is that my game didn't have more of an effect. I submitted only one role, since I only had one interesting role in my game, and I got it, and I died early, and, looking back at my posts, I even cheated it a little. Oh well. Amazing game Q. Expected nothing less.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 am

Fedaykin wrote:One final thought on the Quaetam-role joining us: while epic, it would have been OP. All we had to do, would have been posting his name 25 times in our forum each day and have unblockable kills every night. Hell, it'd been far too powerful for anything but townie.

Had I allowed the Q-role to join you, it would have worked just like the Manipulative Bastard: Names said by fellow Coalition members wouldn't count towards his total (just as names said by the MB and his puppet wouldn't count). This was to prevent the said abuse.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu May 19, 2011 12:27 am

NECROPOST OF GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!
READ THE WHOLE POST FROM TOP TO BOTTOM

Or else a lot of this might not make sense to you. I implore you to actually read it all so the hours I spent making this were worth it. First off, to get ANY idea of what your about to see, you should reread these posts from Q;

Spoiler:
Quaetam wrote:Tonight was to be a glorious night for Avalanchia. The lab was dark, and there were bags under Minister Minby's eyes as he worked, his sleep-deprived hands fumbling with the equipment on the massive Avalanchian Large Hadron Collider. Built in the early twentieth century, the thing was seen by many as a doomsday device. How foolish.

Working with Minby this night was td260, Minister of Robotics. Minby seemed ever-obsessed with their project, and would not divulge its nature. td260 was more inclined to get the experiment done with. The AniCon was supposed to start tonight in Fedaystan, held in honor of the great nation's historic victory over the People's Republic of Antarctica. As usual, the Minister of Robotics would be attending. He knew his governmental duties might be of greater importance, but this night he felt a bit restless.

"td260, raise the frequency a notch," Minby commanded.

"Energy at 7 TeV," td260 stated. Minby stared at the display, his brows furrowed. It was the maximum usually dealt with by these machines. Td260 raised his eyebrows and looked at his compatriot, "Any higher would make the whole thing unstable."

But like all Avalanchians, Minby was used to pushing his limits, and proud of it, "Ramp it up."

td260 shrugged, and, reluctant, pulled a few levers, turning a dial on the dash and jabbing a series of toggles. The accelerator whirred and the room seemed to fill with heat. "Minby, we gotta slow it down. It can't handle this!"

Minby stayed stolid: "Keep it going, we don't have the frequency to generate the necessary impulse. We can't produce a proper reaction without--

The room shook, lightbulbs exploding as the entire space seemed to vibrate at a molecular level. Emergency lights, within sturdier consoles and ceiling fixtures, kicked in, basking the entire space in a warm red glow. The lab continued to shake, and assistants ran about trying to tend to various instruments. In Avalanchia City, buildings toppled, streets were shredded, and the ground rippled as the entire metropolis was wracked by a massive earthquake. The citizenry was in a panic.

Minby looked at td260, concerned.
"What happened?"

The surface of the LHC became dented, and it seemed everything in the room leaned inward.

"The energy of the collision has produced a singularity! I'm getting readings off the charts! We can't contain it! We've got only seconds before it begins to expand exponentially!"

"WHO FUCKING DIVIDED BY ZERO?"

In the blink of an eye, Avalanchia was gone, collapsed in on itself.............

Slowly, the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom left their houses, the scare of the earthquake over. It seemed they had been quite lucky: Little had been damaged, although some buildings leaned off-kilter, and a noticeable fissure had opened in the red-light district, swallowing Tingle's and some of the other hotspots. The entire populace seemed to sigh with relief.

The Avalanchians picked themselves off the ground, dazed, to find themselves in a new world. The cityscape was largely dark, dominated by a single tall tower in the distance, and inhabited by some of the strangest motherfuckers they'd ever seen. First came curiosity and shock at waking up alive, let alone in a new world. Within instants, however, many began to feel terror, worrying about whether they'd ever see their loved ones again, whether they'd ever walk the soils of their great nation.

But while the masses largely despaired, there were those who saw a land they could at last shape to their own desires. Dark and noble causes renewed, they emerged into the growing stalemate of the Kingdom, a Kingdom ready to explode into violence. With luck, perhaps that violence could be resolved in their favor....

Already the seeds of a new power struggle had been sewn, the natives and Avalanchians alike recognizing the opportunity to change the Kingdom to their image. Who would succeed in this coming fray?

And this one also, as just the prologue isn't going to tell you 100% what is going on:

Spoiler:
Quaetam wrote:The Kingdom was thrown into chaos with the Avalanchians’ arrival, and while many sought to restore peace, some saw the chance to fulfill their dark purposes. Viero followed Smashbro to the Immigrant District where they were taken under the wing of Mewtwo and his disciples in the Underground, as part of the Mafia. Here Smashbro, who wished to really make a difference and change things, realized he could play a part in the said dawn of that new age.

Conversely, under the surviving Queen Raya, several Avalanchians found an old Stronghold to be their base and from within plotted together to reestablish order and save the Kingdom in flames. The Queen, the Great Negotiator and the Admin each went separate ways, seeking to help restore order on their own benefits rather than join with the Queen. They all fought for the same cause, but I suppose you could say that the Admin and Negotiator didn’t join the Remnants out of a desire to establish their own order, despite recognizing the Queen’s benevolence. They worked together, but sort of as rivals, as with any fragmented royalty with a power vaccum left by the King. Quaetam, after all, is a member of the Evil League of Evil and despite being outwardly benevolent found it in his own interests to worm his way into the position of the King of Avalanchia. Furthermore, Quaetam brought Zero, his creation, into the Kingdom, perhaps as a means of ensuring chaos. It turned on him in the end as it realized that he had lied to it, that death was not irrevocable and thus its entire existence had been based on an Origin Phrase that was a lie. But anyways, the Admin may have not trusted either Quaetam or Queen Raya enough to side with them completely. The three were all townies, but definitely had their own interests in mind.

There WAS someone who saw corruption in all three of them, and desired nothing more than their demise. SurgePox, the Upriser, searched for the other Guardians of the Kingdom to turn them on their corrupt oppressors. Queen Raya, being a Guardian herself, could be swayed, and with Quaetam, the Great Negotiator, remaining as in the shadows as he was in Avalanchia SurgePox could never be sure if he had survived, or even if he was a major threat But Matt Mercer, the Admin, he saw as corrupt and decadent just like the others, and he knew Mercer couldn’t be swayed, and would have to be eliminated. Surge thus sought to rally the Guardians into a revolution and reshape the world in his own image.

I almost actually planned to have Perry (who played Quaetam) be stealthily recruitable by the Upriser (wouldn’t be necessary, but if he was targeted he would be recruited). After all… Razz. It was only a thought though, never really developed, and wouldn’t have been perfectly balanced.

In the chaos following the Avalanchians’ arrival, the asylum was broken into and its inmates, Kirby and Squirtle, escaped. Kirby realigned with his pupils Ness and Lucas, joining the Mafia of Mewtwo, and Squirtle made his base in the old Asylum, a mad beast with a craving for blood, seeking nothing but carnal fulfillment through destruction.

Camilla found herself split in half, quite painfully. One half dedicated itself to finding the rampaging Squirtle, and the other half continued its role as Minister of Propaganda, joining the Remnants under Queen Raya and organizing a joint media effort with Lakitu. I was hoping some people might suspect the Lakitu godfather to be in this due to my narrations, but sadly everyone noticed his name wasn’t bolded :3.

Alright, now that you've refreshed your memory of what happened in this mafia game, I present to you the whole point of this post:

I very proudly present to you, PROJECT AWESOME!!!

Open these spoiler tags and browse their contents in the order I have them in, would you kindly? Trust me, it's been worth all the prep time, especially if you were a part of this particular game of mafia.

Spoiler:
One last note; telling you I'm sorry ahead of time, for I am NOT the best flash artist by a long shot, it's just a little self-taught hobby I picked up awhile ago, so the quality of this flash is nothing like that of Super Mario Bros Z (which is actually what got me wanting to pick up flash in the first place, it was so well done). Point being, some of the effects are just bad and I know it, and I did what I could with the rest. That being said, onward!

Q would like me to express something; All of the scenes that come after the Singularity event, don't happen immediately after like it is portrayed in this flash. It was only for the sake of actually making a video that I meshed them together to make it look like they happened one after another, for if I had actually spread them out somehow it would get all kinds of messy.

Spoiler:
And now, the who's who:

And that, as they say, is that.

I just want to say one last thing; that critic I shipped these videos to before I posted them on the forums? If you haven't guessed by now, this critic was no other then Q himself. He's been in on this whole project since it's conception, and I didn't want to release a video that was NOTHING like what he envisioned when he wrote it, and I've been giving him every update of the video so he can check it and make sure I don't stray to far from what he created himself. Also; we KNOW the story text where Camilla splits is terrible. We talked about it a few times, and just couldn't think of anything that could work in someone splitting without it being terribly, TERRIBLY cheesy. We might figure something out later and go back and fix it, but what's done is done, and I couldn't wait any longer to post it on the forum.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

No tl;dr for you!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 am

A winnar is you

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top