Movies and Cinemas

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:39 am

Okay, I won't complain about 3D movies. Sure, they're kinda gimmicky and just a way to take more money, imo, but sometimes they work.

It's 3D TV that really shits me off. No, I don't want to have to put on 3D glasses to watch television! I don't want to not be able to watch TV while ironing or cooking! I don't like the fact that it's not recommended for children. If you can't put your kids in front of a movie for a couple of hours to keep them entertained and quiet, well, what the fuck? /rant

I'm going to watch Con Air tonight, btw. =D

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:01 am

3D is stupid. There is no reason for it.

It takes a good thing, and tries to make it better. I don't want a bottle of sprinkles on my fucking ice cream, I just want to enjoy my fucking ice cream as it is.

Also, UP is my favorite movie. Pixar made that movie like it was, and then spiced it up for 3D. Do I love the movie? YES. I LOVE UP. Do I love the 3D version? Well, personally, the 3D is distracting. It really is. I can't enjoy the beauty of the movie because there is so much little 3D effect shit to it.

Citizen Kane didn't need color. These new movies don't need 3D. Maybe, in the future, when there is nowhere else to go, but not now.

Also, don't bring my above statement into the argument. The black and white to color transition is nothing like the regular to 3D transition.

Also Also, I have never been able to tell the different between regular TV and HD.

Nor have I been able to tell the different between Regular movies and IMAX movies.

Nor have I been able to tell the difference between Medium rare meats, rare, well done, blah blah.

But I know a hunk of 3D shit when I see one.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 am

Personally I think 3D is a gimmick and as soon as the hype dies down it will fade away into obscurity. Just like it did in the 80s and 90s.

I've never seen a 3D film properly (only a looped short clip) so I can't really judge. I'm really loathe to go see one though because at the cinema I need to wear my glasses (my eyes are different strengths, so although I can see perfectly fine if I have to stare at a screen I get a headache). Wearing glasses over glasses is not fun; I have to have them pressed right against my face and need to keep my head perfectly still otherwise they fall off the end of my nose. It's very awkward so I might as well save my money and see it in 2D.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 am

Sorry to derail from trashing 3D, but...

...Alice in Wonderland with nazi zombies, steampunk mechs, dragons, ninjas, blimps, Tron robots and minigun samurai armies.

I am so in there.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 am

Like it or not, 3D IS the next step in film and television. I can't say if it's good or bad (never saw a 3D movie in my life) but do note that IS where we are heading. I take confidence when a 35+ year experienced producer speaks of how the industry is changing.

Also, the tehnology for HD and shit has been around for 20 years as well, they just held off on using it.

Last edited by JGH27 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Sorry to derail from trashing 3D, but...

...Alice in Wonderland with nazi zombies, steampunk mechs, dragons, ninjas, blimps, Tron robots and minigun samurai armies.

I am so in there.

This has to be the craziest shit I've ever seen.And I want more of it!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:31 am

I wear glasses too, and yes, I do need to do that thing were you balance a second set of glasses on the end of your nose. But it's still worth it.

But yeah, part of the reason I defend 3D so fiercly is that NO ONE ELSE DOES. Seriously, think about it. If you were to talk to anyone but me and say "I think 3D is gimmicky" are they going to defend it, or just agree with you? Even if they do love it you're probably going to end up with a "Yeah, it is BUT-". And nowhere, NOWHERE have I seen solid evidence that 3D is bad. Snake didn't like the 3D in Up, but I did. clearly that would be a matter of opinion. When people call 3D gimmicky, they're probably thinking of the worst examples, like My Bloody Valentine, or Pirhannas, and judging all other by it. That's hardly fair. Imagine if someone were to say they didn't like comedies because Larry the Cable Guy's two movies were bad. You would say they were judging movies unfairly based on a bad example.

And that's the critisism of 3D in a nutshell, everyone dismisses it because some examples used it poorly. If someone here can explain to me WHY 3D is gimmicky in ALL movies it's in and not just the cheesy ones, I may concede the point. Otherwise I'll say that 3D is good, some movies just don't use it that way.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:43 am

I don't believe that I can see the 3D,but maybe I did something wrong when I saw Avatar.I did get a headache,though.My opinion on the topic is,that it is ok for them to make films in 3D as long as people aren't forced to watch it in 3D.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:53 pm

So... the third Transformers movie (called Dark of the Moon) is on its way, releasing July 1 2011.

Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley (picture bellow) will be replacing Megan Fox (her and her character altogether). I have to notice that she has no acting experience what-so-ever (she's a Victoria's Secret model), so we may miss Ms. Fox after all (not a lot, though...)

But if the movie takes place (one part, I would assume) on the freaking moon, how are LaBoeuf and co going to, well... be there?

Also, Shockwave is the main villain in this one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was in 3D, either.

EDIT: Nevermind the surprise, it is going to be in 3D. (The movie is being filmed with 3D cameras, so at least it won't be converted.)

Who wants more Micheal Bay's Tranformers clusterfuck?

EDIT: Oh. And according to Bay, this will be the last Transformers movie (the last he's directing, at least.)

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:00 pm

3D is. That's all. It's not good, it's not bad, it's not ruining movies, it's not making them better, it just is there. If you don't like 3D, don't see 3D movies.

EDIT: lol threadsplit.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Oh dear god really michael bay? Thank god you're done after this...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:42 pm

I hope it bombs majorly

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:02 am

Look, guys! I've managed to get a small sneak peek of the Transformers 3 script. There's a distinct possibility that the companies involved will take this down almost immediately, so you better read it now!

A GIANT BATTLE between the AUTOBOTS and the DECEPTICONS is shown in front of us, happening in New York. THE US ARMY is helping the AUTOBOTS fight the DECEPTICONS and a lot of SHIT is shown exploding. SHIA LABEOUF is shown running away from SOMETHING DANGEROUS.

SHIA LABEOUF: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:49 am

DRTJR wrote:I hope it bombs majorly

Well you probably can count on it all blowing up.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:07 am

Michael Bay. Explosions. Normal 3D. This should be fun to watch, then complain about headaches.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:45 am

I also seem to have found another clip:

We are in SHIA'S GARAGE. One of the RACIST TWINS is shown to be peeing on SHIA'S NEW CAR.

SHIA LABEOUF: NO NO NO NO NO NO

MEGAN FOX REPLACEMENT walks in. The other RACIST TWIN makes a HIGHLY COMICAL WHISTLE while SMALL DOG ROBOT starts humping on her leg.

JOHN TURTURRO suddenly appears. He walks into the RACIST TWIN'S puddle of ROBOT PEE and slips comically.

JOHN TURTURRO: I just broke my ass!

MOVIE makes FUCKLOADS OF MONEY which the creators use on more HOOKERS and COKE.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:27 pm

I loled.

Also I just bought the Toy Story trilogy on DVD. I am excited. Also going to psych myself up for Harry Potter 7.1 tomorrow. =D

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 am

Went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter :3 Just got back. It was really good, everyone has been singing its praises, so it didn't really live up tp my expectations. But It was great none the less. I didn't want it to end :'( Can't wait for part 2.

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Pardon the cliche, but I've got to say, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was magical. I've got no complaints, it really was the best Potter movie yet.
With every movie before this one I had something to complain about, but not now. I've got nothing but praise for this one.
Okay, I was disappointed as hell when it simply ended in the middle. I could have watched part 2 at that exact moment, but I understand the cut.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Just finally saw Scott Pilgrim vs the world. Fucking awesome! Loved the 1st, 5th, 6th and 7th evil ex boy friends. the 1st one was straight up weird yet awesome. And I lol'd when I heard of the 7th boy friends name. Gideon. That is like the 2nd time I ever seen that name. And for some reason my mom wanted to name me Gideon which I must say. After watching the fight with Gideon. It seems like I would suddenly enjoy it more. LOL

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Here's one way to tell you're a complete nerd. I just watched the Newest harry potter movie and my first thought upon leaving the theater is Wow that last scene looked like a scene from highlander

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:30 am

I had something similar Razz I was watching Wanted with my mates, and my first reaction was: 'This opening tries to be fightclub so hard it burns!'

Also completly predicted the twist. I think I watch to much movies.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:48 am

Saw the new Harry Potter and I gotta say I didn't like it. :\

It's not that I don't like Harry Potter- I enjoyed the first three movies and thought the others were okay, but I missed the previous movie (Half-Blood Prince) and that may be why I didn't like this one. I was actually dragged to this one and I won't turn down a free movie so I saw the latest despite me not having seen the previous.

It's not that I hated it completely, I rather enjoyed a few scenes like
Spoiler:
when they tried to destroy the amulet, it felt like a great scene that hit home rather hard
and
pretty much everything after Dobby showed up, although I honestly didn't care when he died since I really didn't like that specific character anyway
Even the
Entire part when they are infiltrating the ministry of magic after its taken over
Especially
The weird, animated section of when they do the origin of the Deathly Hallows, though I really have to wonder why a man with the most powerful wand in the world wouldn't put up some wards or something to prevent a dude from slitting him up in his sleep, but it's not like that's a major complaint or anything.

These were quite interesting parts to me, but it was pretty much everything I haven't specifically mentioned right here that I simply... didn't like. It bored me, which kind of saddened me since Harry Potter is in my opinion one of the biggest events of my generation, though

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:11 pm

When I first heard of this film I thought it was going to be utter rubbish. But after seeing the trailer...I think it's going be be goddamn awesome.

Ozzy Osbourne as a ceramic reindeer Shocked

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Leslie Nielsen is dead. Sad

He shall be missed greatly.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down