Movies and Cinemas

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  JGH27 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Alright Raya, I'm gonna be checking this out....I hope this scare lives up to the hype Wink

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:22 am

Okay, remember the last trailer? It got better.
Yeah, I will see this one.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:58 am

Gravity is amazing. Just see it. And I thought I'd never say this, but see it in 3D. This is the first movie where the 3D effect only enhances the experience. I guess it took an amazing director like Alfonso Cuarón to get something actually done with 3D. Avatar, meh, Hobbit, meh. This film is truly the magnum opus of 3D movies.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Funnily enough Spont I went to see Gravity today!

I agree about the 3D. I'm not really a fan of 3D and think it's a gimmick, but it worked so well with this film. Several times during the scene where the space station is being smashed to bits I actually flinched at the debris hurtling towards me. The 3D is just perfect in this. I did think the film became a bit farcical in the middle as literally everything goes wrong like murphy's law on crack and I couldn't get over the fact that after 42 days in space Sandra Bullock's legs and underarms are still perfectly smooth, but overall I did really like the film. The music was absolutely amazing as well, one of the best soundtracks I've heard.

Two thumbs up from me.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:13 pm

In 1998 there was a film released in Sweden called Fucking Åmål (in English it is apparently called Show Me Love). I remember hearing everyone talking about it when it came and since then it has become one of those movies that you're supposed to have seen.

A couple of hours ago I finally saw it and discovered what all the hype was about. It's quite a cute story about Agnes, the outcast girl and Elin, the party girl she has a crush on (and the fact they live in the tiny town Åmål where nothing ever happens is also relevant to the story). However the best thing about this movie is all the amazing quotes by Elin.

The one that is probably my favourite quote is towards the end of the film:
Translated from Swedish:
Ta-dah! Here I am. Here's my new girlfriend. Would you mind moving out of the way? We're gonna go fuck.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Pffthaha, that's a pretty good quote Sah.

So I saw this trailer the other day and got very very excited:

omgomgomg, it's a movie-length Walking With Dinosaurs episode! This is going to be a huge sweeping epic and will be absolutely fantastic and realistic (bar the grass nobody bothered to edit out) and I can't wait, film of the year omgomgomg....

Then I saw the TV spot.

This was my reaction:

I'm done, so so done.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:37 pm

[excitement intensifies]

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 pm

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 am

Wow. I haven't seen so much potential turned into so much shit in ages.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Saw This Is The End last night. Didn't think I'd like it since the amount of actors I recognise I can count on one hand without using all of the fingers, but I did really enjoy it. It got a fair few laughs out of me. I spent a lot of it thinking that it was pretty much a film version of one of my gaming sessions- the literal Biblical apocalypse is going on and the characters are instead arguing over who gets to eat the last Milky Way and who ejaculated where. It was a fun movie and worth a look. If you only ever see one film this year involving a giant Satan getting his penis sliced off by a bolt of holy light to the theme song of The Bodyguard, make it this one.

I'm also totally stealing a line for Relm to say in the RP: "She's British, right? She's used to shitty food. Why don't we give her all the shitty food?" Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 pm

You do realize what was special about that movie was that 90% of the cast included High List American celebrities playing themselves, right? Of course I don't expect you to know a bunch of people from over here (As I am unfamiliar with British Actors), but I do think its pretty hilarious that you would make a comment like that towards that particular movie.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:08 am

I'm terrible with names and suspect I have mild facial blindness. Literally I only recognised 3 people and Jay Baruchel I only knew from his voice. Hell, at one point I thought a new character had showed up, only to realise that it was just Seth Rogen without his glasses. Probably wasn't helped by the fact I haven't seen half the films the cast are in.

I think I missed out on a whole level of humour by not knowing who the people were, but I think it's testament to the film that I still found it hugely enjoyable and funny. Take yo panties off indeed.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Against my better judgement I went to see Walking With Dinosaurs 3D. That was £10 I could have spent better. Seriously I could have bought a pizza, or 5 packets of cheesy Doritos, or paid someone to punch me, and had a better time with all of them.

The story itself isn't actually all that bad, but it is completely and utterly ruined by the voice-overs. Jesus Christ they are so fucking bad, I literally cannot put into words how much the voice-over wrecked this film. It was like a terrible MST3K done by a pair of under-10s. If they scrapped all that and had just a narrator like March of the Penguins it would have been fantastic, but instead we got a shitty, badly acted, anthromorphised 80 minute long poop joke. Sigh.

Unless you watch it on mute, avoid.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:54 pm

12 Years A Slave. Incredibly powerful movie, can't show anything but praise for it. Heartily recommended.
(By the second half I was waiting for Django to burst through the plantation gates and kick slavery in the ass. Guess if it happened.
Real life sucks. Not enough karmic comeuppance, Hollywood-style.)

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Okay. What is this allegoric madness that has been smuggled to the theaters as a "Lego Movie"?
The film had every reason to be an evil corporate advertisement. But then it turned out to be not only an extremely funny and nostalgic movie, but a very deep, profound, and thoughtfully plotted one.

If you have nostalgic memories about building with Lego as a kid (and if you don't, I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, but YOU WERE NEVER A CHILD), definitely see this one.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Okay. What is this allegoric madness that has been smuggled to the theaters as a "Lego Movie"?
The film had every reason to be an evil corporate advertisement. But then it turned out to be not only an extremely funny and nostalgic movie, but a very deep, profound, and thoughtfully plotted one.

If you have nostalgic memories about building with Lego as a kid (and if you don't, I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, but YOU WERE NEVER A CHILD), definitely see this one.

THIS!

I loved the movie and the 80's space Lego had me dying! I really hope they make another!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:

I never had Lego Sad

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:03 pm

It's never too late, Raya. Never too late.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Finally saw the Lego Movie. I absolutely loved it. It was just great fun from start to finish and I don't think the grin ever left my face. I learnt three things from watching the film:

1) It totally worked as a toy advert, I have a sudden urge to buy some lego.
2) I am suddenly immensely bitter at not having any lego as a child.
3) Everything is awesome.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Raya wrote:Finally saw the Lego Movie. I absolutely loved it. It was just great fun from start to finish and I don't think the grin ever left my face. I learnt three things from watching the film:

1) It totally worked as a toy advert, I have a sudden urge to buy some lego.
2) I am suddenly immensely bitter at not having any lego as a child.
3) Everything is awesome.

Batman was probably my favourite character...well him and the spaceman lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:43 am

JGH27 wrote:Batman was probably my favourite character...well him and the spaceman lol

SPACESHIP

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:51 pm

JGH27 wrote:Batman was probably my favourite character...well him and the spaceman lol

Batman is the best boyfriend Razz And I totally know what I'm getting you and Q for Christmas.

Also:

I don't think I've been this excited about an upcoming movie since Cloverfield.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Raya wrote:

Batman is the best boyfriend :PAnd I totally know what I'm getting you and Q for Christmas.

Also:

I don't think I've been this excited about an upcoming movie since Cloverfield.

Glad I clicked that link...totally thought you were gonna get us boyfriends Razz

Godzilla does look promising but I'm going to wait before I get too excited....

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:27 am

That Godzilla trailer looks amazing. For the first time in, what, 25 movies they've actually made Godzilla scary again. Also, Bryan Cranston.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:43 pm

JGH27 wrote:Godzilla does look promising but I'm going to wait before I get too excited....

I was in two minds at first when I heard that Godzilla was being portrayed as a force of nature. I assumed this meant the film was going to end up being about some guy running about trying to find his wife and 2.5 kids whilst a monster stomps around in the background. Let's be honest, nobody goes to see a kaiju movie for the human drama, we want to see giant creatures destroying stuff. Pacific Rim handled this brilliantly, which is one of the reasons I think it worked so well. But from the trailer it looks like they're going to give a lot of emphasis on Godzilla itself, which has got my hopes up. Plus the director is the guy who did Monsters, which is a fantastic film, so I'm really looking forward to it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top