Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:42 pm

ALERT ALERT

THIS IS A THING THAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

You could say that this...
Spoiler:
Is truly outrageous.

YEEEAAAHHH

Also rumours abound that next year there's going to be a Bananaman movie. I am totally okay with this.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:52 pm

"Du Levande" (English title: "You, The Living") is probably the weirdest movie I've ever seen. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's kind of extremely depressing in a funny way. Also it's very Swedish, in every way that I am not a typical Swede. Yeah, you'll just have to see it.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Went to see Godzilla last night.

It was fan-fucking-tastic.

I loved it from start to finish. The human characters were actually interesting, the plot was fun and Godzilla himself was excellent- the ten second shot of him at the Hawaiian airport was worth the ticket price alone. There are a lot of cliches and people playing hot potato with the idiot ball (yeah guys, just shoot Godzilla with your little pop guns), but it's so enjoyable you just go along with it. Definitely worth going to see!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun May 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Raya wrote:Went to see Godzilla last night.

It was fan-fucking-tastic.

I loved it from start to finish. The human characters were actually interesting, the plot was fun and Godzilla himself was excellent- the ten second shot of him at the Hawaiian airport was worth the ticket price alone. There are a lot of cliches and people playing hot potato with the idiot ball (yeah guys, just shoot Godzilla with your little pop guns), but it's so enjoyable you just go along with it. Definitely worth going to see!

THIS

Spoiler:
I was NOT expecting additional monsters and at first was worried they were gonna give 'Birth' to Godzilla in the film. I also liked the 'Mothra' label on the 1 butterfly case in the school (I think that's where it was). Certainly was fantastic even if Godzilla was 'fat' lol

I'm going to see it again for sure!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed May 21, 2014 9:02 am

Well, Godzilla is a modern Showa Godzilla on level with Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster(sans Mothra), it's good, not great. Could have used more Mothra.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 23, 2014 2:10 pm

JGH27 wrote:
THIS

Spoiler:
I was NOT expecting additional monsters and at first was worried they were gonna give 'Birth' to Godzilla in the film. I also liked the 'Mothra' label on the 1 butterfly case in the school (I think that's where it was). Certainly was fantastic even if Godzilla was 'fat' lol

I felt like a colossal nerd when I spotted a very obscure reference:

Spoiler:
At the end when the soldiers are trying to get the bomb out of the city they commandeer a boat named 'Go Whale Tours'. Godzilla's Japanese name, Gojira, is a portmanteau of 'gorilla' and 'kujira' (Japanese for whale), so the boat they were on is the literal translation of 'Godzilla Tours'. I laughed, and then it dawned on me I have probably wasted my life.

DRTJR wrote:Well, Godzilla is a modern Showa Godzilla on level with Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster(sans Mothra), it's good, not great. Could have used more Mothra.

I dunno how they could have worked Mothra in though, for saying kaiju are retconned to be prehistoric beasties they feed on radiation. How does that even work for a giant moth? Personally I'd love to see King Ghidorah in a sequel, since in this film they say Godzilla was top of his ancient foodchain, and they could easily have Ghidorah being the ultimate apex predator. As opposed to, ahem, being created by terrorists from the future.

Also apparently Gamera is getting a reboot for his anniversary. I am totally okay with this.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri May 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Raya wrote:
JGH27 wrote:
THIS

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
At the end when the soldiers are trying to get the bomb out of the city they commandeer a boat named 'Go Whale Tours'. Godzilla's Japanese name, Gojira, is a portmanteau of 'gorilla' and 'kujira' (Japanese for whale), so the boat they were on is the literal translation of 'Godzilla Tours'. I laughed, and then it dawned on me I have probably wasted my life.

I dunno how they could have worked Mothra in though, for saying kaiju are retconned to be prehistoric beasties they feed on radiation. How does that even work for a giant moth? Personally I'd love to see King Ghidorah in a sequel, since in this film they say Godzilla was top of his ancient foodchain, and they could easily have Ghidorah being the ultimate apex predator. As opposed to, ahem, being created by terrorists from the future.

Also apparently Gamera is getting a reboot for his anniversary. I am totally okay with this.

Spoiler:
I can see King Ghidora being in the sequal, how can you NOT put him in? Also, was it just me or was there many similarites to Transformers? They kept the 1 creature in a secret, what appeared to be, dam. Godzilla falling much like Optimus did in the 2nd or 3rd? movie and drawing a blank on the other 2 scenes. Just seemed a bit unnatural.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun May 25, 2014 8:08 am

JGH27 wrote:
Raya wrote:
JGH27 wrote:
THIS

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I can see King Ghidora being in the sequal, how can you NOT put him in? Also, was it just me or was there many similarites to Transformers? They kept the 1 creature in a secret, what appeared to be, dam. Godzilla falling much like Optimus did in the 2nd or 3rd? movie and drawing a blank on the other 2 scenes. Just seemed a bit unnatural.
Spoiler:
Hey Godzilla Swam from Hawaii to San Francisco then fought two giant bugs, I'd be tired if I swam an oceans length then engaged in fisticuffs. The guy needed a victory nap.
Mothra is my favorite so more Mothra can only be a good thing.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 25, 2014 1:57 pm

JGH27 wrote:
Spoiler:

One big similarity I thought was:
Spoiler:
when the femuto sees the explosion and runs back to the nest. She looks down and sees all her babies dead, then turns and spots the protagonist, realises it's his fault, gets mad and chases him across the city. That's pretty much exactly what happened in the American Godzilla movie. Wonder if that was supposed to be intentional or not?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Saw the trailer, fell in love with this film already. For some reason I suspect Spont will end up really liking this...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Sonic The Hedgehog to come to the big screen.

Oh boy. Although this is going to make a crapton of money I have my reservations. Mainly at the 'combining live action and animation' part. Calling it now, Sonic somehow ends up in our world (probably New York City), Eggman follows, gotta go fast action sequences follow.

Thoughts?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:17 pm

More than likely, there was a whole animated series that did just that, it makes sense that they'd follow the same route

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:03 pm

So...just watched Spike Lee's 'Oldboy' and I honestly couldn't get into it....like at all. I hate when Hollywood bastardizes foreign films to fit an 'American' market. The original Korean film had a sensational score, well developed plot and a very ballsy ending. I like Samuel L Jackson, but NOT in this movie. It just made it feel unnatural.

When it was announced I was fearful and boy was I right to be. I suggest watching the original first at the very least.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 pm

So finally watched Toy Story 3 tonight and that ending really was powerful! It was a perfect closure to the trilogy and I really hope they preserve it the way it is without a 4th instalment.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 pm

So, uh, THIS might be a thing.

I got sort of giddy considering it. It's just about the only way to top Guardians of the Galaxy for awesome madness.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 pm

I saw Silence of the Lambs for the first time the other day. Yes, I have never seen it before. Not sure what rock I've been under all my life. It was quite interesting for the friends I was watching it with as I had absolutely no idea of anything that happens in the film; literally my entire knowledge comes from TWBB and famous quotes.

It was pretty good actually. Lecter was a fantastic character and the build up was tense and enjoyable. My only complaints was the killer was an absolute joke (and apparently has a mansion in his basement?!) and how the police force manage to catch the idiot ball half way through the film.

Spoiler:
So Lecter is this hugely dangerous man who has to be sedated and fully bound when being transported, and has been kept in a maximum security prison for years. But when they put him in the cage in the courthouse they don't bother to, say, build one with a slot to put the food through, you have to PHYSICALLY GET INSIDE the cage. What, was this some cheap Ikea cage or something? Federal budget didn't stretch to a cage that's designed to keep the dangerous inmate separate from everyone else? And then no on else in the courthouse notices that the two guys delivering the food have been gone for ages. Seriously, Lecter had the time to flay a guard, switch clothes, string one up and decorate his corpse, set up mood lighting and a smoke machine and drag a dead body on top of the elevator, and literally no one noticed they hadn't come back yet!

Still, it was a good film and I can see why it's a classic. Better get round to watching the rest of the series then Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:31 am

New Night at the Museum trailer! Complete with absolutely dire British accents. I honestly can't tell if everyone is being serious of if it's just a pisstake.

Also damn, it's kinda uncomfortable seeing Robin Williams in this Sad

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:30 pm

So I saw Guardians of the Galaxy today. "Holy shit that movie was good" is the short version of my thoughts. The slightly longer version is, when I originally heard the reviews for GotG saying that it was better then the Avengers I didn't really believe them because Avengers was incredible. I mean, what could possibly be better then the Avengers? Guardians of the Galaxy can be better then the Avengers, that's what.

Last edited by Relmitos on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:04 am

Yep. Totally Agree. Guardians of the Galaxy was better than The Avengers. Marvel took a risk with these characters the mainstream (including me) had never heard of, and it payed off big time. The pacing was great, and was humorours throughout. The actors were great, even the wrestler Dave Bautista, which come to think of it, Drax was probably a great role for him given his wrestling background involves acting (usually not great) and Drax is a character that takes everything literally. The two main chicks were badass, there wasn't a damsel in distress, no dumb love subplot, the good guys were funny, and the bad guys weren't (except for Yondu and his knickknacks). I thought my favorite character going into the movie would be Rocket, and he was, but all of the Guardians were awesome I can't say who my least favorite would be.

I actually saw this movie a second time with family after a birthday dinner. I think the last time I saw a movie a second time in theaters was Pokemon: The First Movie.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:04 pm

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think I'm one of the few people that thought the Avengers was just alright. Don't get me wrong, it certainly wasn't a bad film and I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was as fantastic as everyone said it was. Hell, my best friend went to see it 7 times at the cinema!

Haven't seen GotG yet, but everyone I know who's seen it is absolutely raving about it. Haven't heard a single bad thing about it.

Smashy B wrote:I actually saw this movie a second time with family after a birthday dinner. I think the last time I saw a movie a second time in theaters was Pokemon: The First Movie.

I think the last movie I saw twice at the cinema was the American Godzilla movie. I have no regrets.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Raya wrote:I think the last movie I saw twice at the cinema was the American Godzilla movie. I have no regrets.
The new one or the one from 1998?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:20 pm

Sahrimnir wrote:The new one or the one from 1998?

The 1998 one. It's not as bad as everyone says it is. People don't seem to realise that Toho actually gave that Godzilla design the thumbs-up before the movie was made, and that they admitted if they had the technology back in the 50s they would have designed Godzilla to look more like that.

Plus people who say it's silly should probably watch some of the original Toho films, they're as ridiculous as anything. In a good way, but they're still really daft.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:44 am

Raya wrote:I think the last movie I saw twice at the cinema was the American Godzilla movie. I have no regrets.
 i've seen it yesterday with Hancock, i love ti Very Happy

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Has anybody ever gone to a movie, and after it ended, just walked straight into another one?

I've always wanted to do that, but whenever I go with my friends they're always burnt out after the first one.

(And yes, I know you're not supposed to do that.)

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am

Omicron Austin wrote:Has anybody ever gone to a movie, and after it ended, just walked straight into another one?

I've always wanted to do that, but whenever I go with my friends they're always burnt out after the first one.

(And yes, I know you're not supposed to do that.)
As immoral as it is, I've thought about this every single time I've exited a movie, but then I think what if one of the workers comes in to do a rough ticket count by scanning the audience. Sometimes I notice that happen. Would he/she then check movie tickets if the number of people in the theater counted is higher than tickets sold?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top