Movies and Cinemas

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  SurgePox on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 am

I've known a lot of movie theater employees and not even the managers get payed enough to bother checking that sort of thing. I think they'd only notice if like zero people had bought a ticket or the clerk remembered selling your ticket for some reason.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:23 pm

I think sneaking in would only work if it was a big busy multiplex, otherwise staff would probably recognise you when you strolled out four hours after your initial film finished.

Smashy B wrote:As immoral as it is, I've thought about this every single time I've exited a movie, but then I think what if one of the workers comes in to do a rough ticket count by scanning the audience. Sometimes I notice that happen. Would he/she then check movie tickets if the number of people in the theater counted is higher than tickets sold?

Even if they noticed a discrepancy between tickets and the number of people in the theatre, I don't think there's anything they could do about it. Even with designated seating people are still going to sit in different places, so there's no way of telling during the film who's there who shouldn't be. I think the workers just poke their heads round to make sure nobody is recording/doing anything untoward in the back row. When I went to see Beauty and the Beast 3D with my best friend we were the only two people in there and had workers come in a few times. Maybe they thought we were either recording a 3D film(?!) or having wild lesbian sex in the back row Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:02 pm

Raya wrote:Maybe they thought we were either recording a 3D film(?!) or having wild lesbian sex in the back row Razz
That happens a lot more often than you think, although it's rarely Lesbians. Usually at the mid night screenings of some duds, like expendables 3, or a Dame to kill for.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:26 pm

Finally saw Guardians last weekend. I was a bit worried I wouldn't like it and end up being strung from a lamp post, but no I really liked it. Thought it was better than the Avengers. The humour was great and Groot is totally husbando material.

The one complaint I had was that the villain (Rodan or Ronin or Ronan or something) was so boring and generic. Get MacGuffin, blow up planet for reasons. But aside from that quibble I thought it was a brilliant film.

DRTJR wrote:
Raya wrote:Maybe they thought we were either recording a 3D film(?!) or having wild lesbian sex in the back row Razz
That happens a lot more often than you think, although it's rarely Lesbians. Usually at the mid night screenings of some duds, like expendables 3, or a Dame to kill for.

I never understood the appeal of this. Cinemas are expensive, if I've paid good money to see a film I want to watch it, not spend it with my head buried in a crotch. And if it's a bad film anyway, why even waste your money when you could engage in sexytimes elsewhere for free and with less sticky floors.

Guess my sense of practicality outweighs my kinkiness Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:06 pm

On Saturday I'm seeing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I don't particularly want to, but I'm being forced. Earlier this year I took my friend to see Walking With Dinosaurs 3D and it turned out to be the biggest pile of shit ever committed to celluloid. As a result she has deservedly said that I owe her one, and she's using her favour card to make me see this. TMNT is my penance for Walking With Dinosaurs. I think I deserve it.

So...is it as bad as I suspect it will be?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:43 pm

I loved the Avengers and have really enjoyed all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far, but I have to admit that out of the dozens of villains in all of these movies there have been like two decent ones. Guardians of the Galaxy had it especially egregious. Why do you cast LEE PACE as the main villain but put LEE PACE in so much makeup that we can't see LEE PACE'S EYEBROWS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

This time though, holy shit. I suspect this will follow the unwritten rule that the second installment in a big superhero saga is the best.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Apparently Ultron's dialogue consists of Myspace quotations. I'm not really a capes fan, can someone explain why the internet is losing its collective shit over this trailer?

So I suffered my punishment of seeing Turtles. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be but it was, to put it bluntly, a stupid film. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Characters literally stand there and explain the plot, April picks up the idiot ball and sprints to the finish line with it, Michaelangelo's character has been butchered and the whole thing is just...dumb. I mean, it's not a bad film, but it's certainly not a great one either. It's an adequate film.

It gets two gold stars though: Shredder's design is awesome (even if he does have the personality of a prawn cracker), and at one point Verne is dancing in the kitchen to Careless Whisper, which had all the adults laughing their socks off.

Guess I'm going to be dragged to see the sequel too...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Today is the 60th anniversary of the first ever movie appearance of Godzilla! Happy birthday Big G.

I watched the first Godzilla movie the other day (the original black and white Japanese one, not the recut American version). It was brilliant, definitely my favourite Godzilla film. But good grief, I was expecting a cheesy monster mash with dodgy 50s special effects, and instead I got a straight-up horror film. When bit when Godzilla first goes onto land is actually scary, and there's some genuinely disturbing scenes during and after his attack on Tokyo. I can see why it got butchered when it was originally shown in the US, it really pulls no punches showing the results of a nuclear war metaphor attacking a major city. Admittedly some of the special effects haven't aged well (and it has the absolute worst palaeontology I've ever heard in a film), but it's an absolute classic. Go and check it out!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:30 pm

I kill Godzilla all the time when I'm farming for the Thingy to grind into other legendary weapons; here's proof.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Well, now we know what the result of Godzilla and Anguirus breeding would be Razz

Trailer for the Minions movie has been released! I admit, when I first heard of this I didn't have much hope. The minions are great sure, but how can comic relief that doesn't even speak English stretch to a full film? This actually looks pretty good though.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:03 pm

I know I've been posting a hell of a lot in this thread, but what can I say, it's been an excellent month for movies (Turtles notwithstanding).

Went to see The Book of Life yesterday. It's an animated film by Del Toro based on the Mexican Day of the Dead. It was a fantastic film and I loved it to bits. The animation is absolutely gorgeous, and the amount of detail gone into the backgrounds and character design is phenomenal. There's a lot of feels involved (the bit near the start when the main character's father is talking about how the spirits of departed loved ones are all around us made me get something in my eye), parts are genuinely funny, and for once there's a love triangle where one party isn't a colossal dick! And to top it all off it had an amazing soundtrack. Definitely go check it out, even if it's just for the Land of the Dead scenes.

Also another thing I'm very excited about: remember Iron Sky, that really daft film about Nazis on the moon that I really like? Well, they're currently crowdfunding a sequel, and here's the trailer!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they just turned my Hollow Earth campaign into a movie...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:00 pm

GET HYPED

Actual reaction of mine when watching the trailer:

Spoiler:
[shark gets dangled above water]

"Is it a mosasaur? Is it a mosasaur? IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING MOSASAUR YESSSS!!!"

I'm somewhat pissed they STILL haven't given the raptors feathers, but other then that this looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:43 pm

I'm actually PISSED with this trailer, I announced it was being released Thursday so now my pre-recorded script for the overnight is outdated. I swear I better not lose marks for this...

Otherwise, YES! So much YES!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 pm

JGH27 wrote:I'm actually PISSED with this trailer, I announced it was being released Thursday so now my pre-recorded script for the overnight is outdated. I swear I better not lose marks for this...

I could've sworn the trailer was supposed to have been released on Thursday too. Either we're both going mad or they bought it forward two days.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:34 pm

Raya wrote:
JGH27 wrote:I'm actually PISSED with this trailer, I announced it was being released Thursday so now my pre-recorded script for the overnight is outdated. I swear I better not lose marks for this...

I could've sworn the trailer was supposed to have been released on Thursday too. Either we're both going mad or they bought it forward two days.

They legit released it 2 days early, we're both sane...ish Razz

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 am

Raya wrote:
Also another thing I'm very excited about: remember Iron Sky, that really daft film about Nazis on the moon that I really like? Well, they're currently crowdfunding a sequel, and here's the trailer!

The sequel looks exactly as batshit insane as I was hoping it to be. They're going even further into this conspiracy theory mess and I really really like it.
And you haven't even seen the best part:

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Vladimir is going to be a total beefcake in this, isn't he? Dammit Iron Sky, stop giving me inappropriate crushes.

Absolutely gutted I couldn't afford the 'get killed and eaten by a dinosaur' levels on the fundraiser. I'm eyeing up the tickets for the premiere in Berlin/Helsinki though, someone persuade me to save my money.

Also finally got to see What We Do In The Shadows the other night. It was totally worth the wait, I laughed a hell of a lot and it really was an enjoyable film. Or should I say...it was fang-tastic?

I'll get my coat.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:19 am

At this rate Iron Sky one is going to look like a pile of shit compared to the sequel.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:15 am

I dunno, I'm in two minds about this. One thing that made Iron Sky so great was that it was just so ridiculous, but having Jesus in IR2 is just...well, silly. I really hope this isn't a sign it will end up like Night At The Museum 2, where too many characters are just thrown at you at the expense of the plot.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:54 am

I have some kind of a need to let you guys know whenever a Finnish director gets something cool done. Remember Rare Exports, that bat shit crazy Santa horror movie? Jalmari Helander, the guy that made that has pulled some invisible strings and filmed another action movie.

I'm intrigued, to say the least.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:I have some kind of a need to let you guys know whenever a Finnish director gets something cool done. Remember Rare Exports, that bat shit crazy Santa horror movie? Jalmari Helander, the guy that made that has pulled some invisible strings and filmed another action movie.

I'm intrigued, to say the least.

I loved MOST of Rare Exports
Spoiler:
Santa's lack of action disappointed me, otherwise I loved it
and this looks pretty interesting

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Why am I getting deja vu from that trailer? I could have sworn I've seen it before, it looks excellent.

But Finland, why do you send small children off into the wilderness to fight wild animals. This is not the Pokemon world.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:25 pm

New Jurassic World trailer!

Chris Pratt is the king of the raptors!

I'm so, so excited over this. Granted I'm really pissed at the pterosaurs carrying people off again- that was one thing that made everyone furious in JP3, so why on earth are they doing it again? And still no feathered raptors. Oh well. Still hyped!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:40 pm

I really, REALLY like giant monsters. Just saying.

Saw Dracula Untold the other night. I was expecting some bland vampire cash in filled with endless CGI battles and overdone special effects. Instead I got a historical family drama with faustian bargains. I was not expecting the sheer amount of feels I was assailed with; at one point I actually got misty-eyed. I really liked it, more than I expected to, although that might be because I had very low expectations to begin with. The sequel-bait at the end was bad, but aside from that I thought it was a good film. I've actually got my hopes up for the Mummy/Wolfman reboots now...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu May 28, 2015 12:54 pm

YOU HAD ONE JOB

ONE FUCKING JOB

GODDAMN I HAVE NOT BEEN THIS ANGRY ABOUT A MOVIE SINCE WARM BODIES

I can't express the amount of no this trailer makes me feel. Arrrgh. Just to make matters worse, there's a character in Jem named Raya. In a year everybody is going to think I'm named after a character from this shitty movie. fml.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top