Post  barda_ehmos on Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 pm

hey, KungFury was release ... via steam !! Very Happy

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Movies and Cinemas

Post  JGH27 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:29 am

Raya wrote:The other day I saw Lake Mungo, an Austrailian horror film. It's told in a doumentary style, with all the characters talking about the events interspersed with footage. A family go out to visit the titular Lake Mungo for a nice day out, but their teenage daughter Alice drowns. Her body is recovered several days later, the coroner rules accidental death and she's buried. Then several days after her funeral the family start hearing noises coming from her bedroom and her image starts apparently appearing in photos taken by her photographer brother. Either Alice is still alive or something odd is going on...

In a way I wouldn't call this a horror film. It's really creepy, but as it turns out most of the events of the film have a mundane explanation. The film is mainly about the family coming to terms with her death and how clinging to the idea that she's still alive/a ghost gives them hope. As they investigate what's going on they start to uncover the secrets Alice kept from everyone (not 'oh she's been messing with the occult' as you'd expect, but actual RL secrets) and realise it could have contrbuted to her behaviour before her death.

There's actually only one genuinely paranormal event in the entire film, which lasts about 5 seconds and holy fucking shit it's the scariest thing I've ever witnessed. I'm not ashamed to say I actually cowered behind my hands, unable to watch. The entire film is just one big slow burn up to those 5 seconds, and good grief it's absolutely terrifying. I didn't shit a brick, I shat an entire council estate. It still haunts me now when I'm lying in bed alone in the dark and the friend I saw it with is still having trouble sleeping. It really was so goddamn scary. Brrr. Don't spoil it, watch the film and find out for yourself.

I think one reason the film works is that it's a proper ghost story. Films like Paranormal Activity, yeah they're spooky, but they're so far fetched you know it's not real in the slightest. This though is a genuine ghost story, something you could easily see happening to your neighbours or family members. It's actually believable, which is a nice change and just makes it all the more scarier.

Great little gem of the film, I loved it even though it turned me into a quivering wreck at the end. I'd reccommend it.

I got this after your recommendation but only just watched it. It was a nice ghost story, rather well done but what was the big scare? I legit must have missed it because nothing seemed scary, I mean the atmosphere was well done for what it is and I recommend but I failed to see the scare you mention? Spoiler tag it or inbox me?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:58 pm

JGH27 wrote:
I got this after your recommendation but only just watched it. It was a nice ghost story, rather well done but what was the big scare? I legit must have missed it because nothing seemed scary, I mean the atmosphere was well done for what it is and I recommend but I failed to see the scare you mention? Spoiler tag it or inbox me?

Spoiler:
It's the mobile phone footage at the lake, when Alice sees the ghost of herself. I thought it was kinda funny at first, just this random glowy figure in the distance, then it turns and starts moving slowly towards the camera in an unnatural way, then suddenly it's right there in front of you and see it's her fucking drowned and bloated body from earlier in the film. It was a combination of the unnerving way the ghost moved, the instinctive fear of it moving towards you and the horror of finally seeing what it was. Combined with the revelation of how Alice seeing the ghost explains her behaviour at the lake before she died, it was a quadruple-whammy that really got my friend and I. We watch a lot of horror films and none really scared us, but that moment really stuck with us in a big way. It's a ghost story done right, I think.

Glad you liked the film!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Annoyingly into superhero movies, Disney and Pixar right now....

So I suppose that hasnt changed.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:16 am

Sister made me watch Disney's Bear movie with her. No, not the documentary, it's called Brave, but it really should be called Bears. There's not many scenes without bears in it. All in all it was a good movie, would watch again. Just bears.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:48 am

Relmitos wrote:Sister made me watch Disney's Bear movie with her. No, not the documentary, it's called Brave, but it really should be called Bears. There's not many scenes without bears in it. All in all it was a good movie, would watch again. Just bears.

Brave was pretty fun, if a little strange. It wasn't exactly advertised as 'Bears; the movie' but that's exactly what you get.

Most recent films I've seen were Inside Out, Mad Max Fury Road and Ant Man. I can recommend all of them. Yes, even Ant Man, shut up.

Also Pacific Rim 2 is cancelled... That's a little sad. I was holding out for a European Jaeger.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Avalanche wrote:Also Pacific Rim 2 is cancelled... That's a little sad. I was holding out for a European Jaeger.

NO NO NO NO NO

This actually made my heart hurt. I loved Pacific Rim and can't wait for the sequel. Hopefully someone will be cancelling the apocalypse...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:54 pm

It's cool, Del Toro pretty much said he was going to make that movie happen come hell or high water or kaiju

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:44 pm

I would like to see Antman. I can't really see a movie made by Marvel as being bad until I see one that's bad, and it hasn't happened yet so they have a fairly good track record.  Also wanted to see Pixels just because I thought it'd be kinda funny, that didn't manage to happen though.

Movie I'm highly interested in? Borderlands the Movie. Going in with low expectations since it's a video game made into a movie and the track record on THOSE is pretty poor(Though I did like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time), but it's Borderlands. The desire to see it and have it be good are both there. That said afaik it doesn't even have a release date yet, so I'll be waiting on that one for awhile.

That and there's that Warcraft movie that's coming out sometime next year. That one, I'd say, is laughable.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:25 am

You didn't manage to see Pixels or you didn't manage to find it funny, because I would believe either of those statements Razz

I dread the release of the Warcraft movie because the recovering wow-addicts that are my friends will drag me along. It's been in production hell since forever though, so I am at least somewhat curious to see what it will bring.

Also there's an Assassins Creed movie on the way. I believe it stars young Magneto and is already in production but I am too lazy to factcheck.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:11 pm

I didn't manage to see Pixels is what I meant.

I do believe I could see myself going to watch an Assassin's Creed movie. Maybe.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Relmitos wrote:I would like to see Antman. I can't really see a movie made by Marvel as being bad until I see one that's bad, and it hasn't happened yet so they have a fairly good track record.  Also wanted to see Pixels just because I thought it'd be kinda funny, that didn't manage to happen though.
Antman is well worth it. A bit campier then the rest of the Marvel movies, but it works so well with it. Go and watch it IMMEDIATELY.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:41 pm

I can't help but feel that they've missed the boat with the Warcraft movie. If it was released, say, 5 years ago it would have dominated the box office for weeks. But nowadays WoW is haemorrhaging subscribers and is a shadow of its heyday. The movie is either going to trigger a new golden age or just be a damp squib.

Still haven't seen Pixels, I was planning to but the reviews really scared me off. The concept seemed great as well. Is it as bad as everyone is saying?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy are my favorite Marvel movies. They are also the two funniest. Coincidence? I think NOT

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:52 pm

Raya wrote:
Still haven't seen Pixels, I was planning to but the reviews really scared me off. The concept seemed great as well. Is it as bad as everyone is saying?

I haven't seen it but by all accounts its just another recent Adam Sandler comedy, dumb and not especially funny. The concept is definitely cool but its not doing much with it beyond, hey guys remember arcade games?

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Pixels got terrible reviews, such as this beautiful video

On another note, I like Hotel Transylvania! I'm actually kind of excited for the sequel...

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Saw Pixels last night. I liked it well enough, it was amusing to me to be able to watch it with family and throw video game nerd trivia at them while it was playing. Saw Wreck-it Ralph as well, I got a lot of laughs out of it. Including the Konami Code in it amused me greatly, and I want to watch it again later on my own, pausing it at random intervals when there's a large amount of various video game characters just to see how many I can spot and recongnize. I give Wreck-it Ralph a "Would watch again" rating and Pixels a "I liked it, don't think I'd watch again though" rating.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:34 pm

I never posted this in the book thread (since I'm a lazy ass), but earlier this year I read a book called 'Look Who's Back' by Timor Vermes. It's my book of the year and quite frankly one of the funniest books I've ever read. Adolf Hitler (yes, the Adolf Hitler) wakes up in modern day Berlin with no idea how he got there. He finds that the Third Reich is no more, the country is full of foreigners and the whole thing is being run by a woman. Also he has no money, everyone he knew is dead and everybody just thinks he's a very good impersonator who never breaks character rather than the real thing. But his rants quickly go viral and suddenly he's the hottest celebrity around. And with true military precision, he's going to turn this fame to his advantage...even if he can't figure out this new technology malarkey. The book is pitch black humour and cutting satire, and I absolutely loved it from start to finish.

THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE OF IT OMG

Will probably never get an English release though Sad

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:39 pm

So this completely passed me by.

No Tauren, no dancing, too much Alliance scum. Absolutely disgusting. Still, might be interesting, but weirdly aside from a few set pieces it doesn't *look* like Warcraft. Am I the only one thinking that?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:25 pm

YES

ALL OF MY MONEY

I absolutely LOVE Zoolander, and it's one of my absolutely favourite movies. Still makes me laugh every time. I was nervous at hearing they were doing a sequel, but this trailer has completely reassured me. It's spot on and right in the spirit of the first film. Can't wait!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Dammit guys, I'm now up to a quadruple post.

The design for the new Japanese Godzilla film has been released:

Spoiler:

Two Godzilla franchises AND Pacific Rim 2? What a magical time to be alive.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Raya wrote:Dammit guys, I'm now up to a quadruple post.

The design for the new Japanese Godzilla film has been released:

Spoiler:

Two Godzilla franchises AND Pacific Rim 2? What a magical time to be alive.

I don't know about that Godzilla design. He looks like he just walked in on his parents having sex.

Spoiler:

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:27 pm

My reaction to this trailer:

"So what's this about?"

"Huh, looks interesting, seems the kind of film I'd enjoy."

"Okay, things are escalating, this is looking better-"

"WAIT"

"WAIT"

"WHAT"

"IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS"

"HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT"

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Went to an advanced screening on Zootropolis/Zootopia (delete as appropriate) the other day. It was absolutely fantastic. Honestly, all the good reviews are spot on- there's a few niggles, but not a single thing bad about this film. Gorgeously animated, believable characters, entertaining, funny, dramatic, and with a strong moral message that isn't rammed down your throat. Seriously, go check it out.

(claiming Clawhauser as my husbando, just saying)

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Back to top