The Travel Thread

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Travel Thread

Post  Perry on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:09 am

Only travelled by boat/cruise once, but it was the most awesome travel experience I had. Mainly because of my class at the time aswell, probably, but whatever.

Cars are too small, trains are too small, planes are too small. Give me a big space where i can walk around and do stuff while it brings me to my destination? Hell yeah.
Transport sucks when you're bigger than the average person.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:11 am

Personally, I love boats and despise planes, and I actually like trains

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote: The people are nice but no one living in the UK would say the same.

That's just the way we are. If we moan about something it's a sign we're fond of it. Putting on a huge song and dance about how much you love something is not proper. What do you think we are, Americans? Razz

Requiem wrote:Personally, I love boats and despise planes, and I actually like trains

I dislike boats. They unnerve me. There's something unsettling knowing there's just a plank of wood between you and a watery grave. Plus try riding on British trains- they'll soon change your love of them Laughing

Personally I haven't travelled outside of Europe. Well, I've been to the Canary Islands a few times, but they're practically Europe anyway. I've been to France on a few occasions, mainly just driving to get out of it, Spain a lot of times (in the summer most of England relocates to the Costa del Sol), Switzerland and two weeks travelling around Germany/Austria seeing all the fossil sites. I really like Germany, even though it's a very peculiar country. And you can't get a decent cup of tea anywhere. I honestly started getting withdrawls after the first week.

Like pretty much everyone here I'd love to go to Japan. First week of so travelling around (Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, ride the Shinkasen etc), then a week in Tokyo. Also one thing I've always dreamed of doing is roadtripping across America. There's no way I could live there- the country would drive me mad- but I'd dearly love to travel across it. Maybe I could stop by and see you guys en route, heh.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Well, If I don't escape, you'll find me in the mitten looking state *Mutters*
If you come through for a road trip, take me back with you when you go home, greatly appreciate it I would

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:26 pm

My grandparents on my Dad's side have traveled to every state save for one or two (I think I forget which of the two they were and don't remember if they ever traveled to them). It's something that I'd like to do when I'm older, but while I'm still young other countries are more of a priority. As far as the US goes, I've been to Florida, Texas (twice, one to visit friends and the weather was humid beyond all reason, and another time for Thanksgiving with distant relative on my dad's side and it was nice then, different area most likely), Hawaii, Arizona (to visit said grandparents that moved there), and then I once took a road trip with my Dad and now step-mother across Nevada, Utah, and into Colorado to visit her grandfather. Not a lot notable from Nevada (other than the Tahoe/Reno area or Vegas) or Utah, though Utah does have the Great salt flats, if you're into that. Colorado had a lot to visit like Pike's peaks and some state parks.

Raya wrote:That's just the way we are. If we moan about something it's a sign we're fond of it. Putting on a huge song and dance about how much you love something is not proper. What do you think we are, Americans? Razz
Well pardon us for showing some pride. :B

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:31 pm

I don't dislike boats, I just have a slight phobia of cruises thanks to bad things that happened in Egypt.
I also don't trust tour guides.

I've only travelled extensively by plane. Driving takes too long. I wouldn't mind taking the train around, though, if it was a nice train. Ferries are nice for getting to places within the city - particuarly in Sydney.
But yeah, planes are good, but 14 hour flights are hell. Should've paid up for the upgrade to Business class...

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:46 pm

smashbro wrote:Well pardon us for showing some pride. :B

I meant in an affectionate way, ya big lump.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 pm

I've gone across the country, but that's about it. Washington D.C., Vegas, San Diego, the mountains in N. Carolina, Florida, fun times.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Been to Indiana, Kentucky and Missouri. Right now the place I would like to go that is in the U.S. would have to be Texas. 2nd would have to be Cali or New York.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:47 pm

In the US I've been to (well california duh :p) Nevada, DC, Florida, Massachusetts, Maine, New York (for New years, that was so awesome), Hawaii (my family is from there), Pennsylvania, Alaska (I'd love to go there again), and Arazona... I kinda thought I'd have been to more, but I guess not. Later this year I'll be spending a weekend in my friends dorm at Iowa State though.

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Viero wrote: Right now the place I would like to go that is in the U.S. would have to be Texas.

I wouldn't, lol, Texas is cursed. First time I went there on a road trip, an exhaust pipe got flipped into the air when another car ran over it, and it went straight through our windshield. It's lucky it hit one of the sides that hold the windshield in place, else me and my family might not be alive today. Other times, my brother went there for some school band thing, or something I forget exactly what, but there were these double twisters around where he went. Cows flying in the air must be a funny sight, honestly. Another time, father and brother went there for something, and when they got to the airport to come home, the flight was delayed for SO long, they could've driven home, dropped off the luggage, driven back and gotten there in time to catch the airplane. It was amazing. Yea, things like that have happened EVERY time we go to Texas, we avoid it if at all possible now Razz

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Relmitos wrote:
Viero wrote: Right now the place I would like to go that is in the U.S. would have to be Texas.

I wouldn't, lol, Texas is cursed. First time I went there on a road trip, an exhaust pipe got flipped into the air when another car ran over it, and it went straight through our windshield. It's lucky it hit one of the sides that hold the windshield in place, else me and my family might not be alive today. Other times, my brother went there for some school band thing, or something I forget exactly what, but there were these double twisters around where he went. Cows flying in the air must be a funny sight, honestly. Another time, father and brother went there for something, and when they got to the airport to come home, the flight was delayed for SO long, they could've driven home, dropped off the luggage, driven back and gotten there in time to catch the airplane. It was amazing. Yea, things like that have happened EVERY time we go to Texas, we avoid it if at all possible now Razz

Fuck you too.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Texas should be it's own country, I'm sure most people there would be thrilled

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:52 pm

¿Señior Poopy Water? wrote:Texas should be it's own country, I'm sure most people there would be thrilled
Doing so would actually kill their "country" in many ways. I remember when they were talking about secession and me thinking that it was a terrible idea.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Thread bump!

Come August 19th, I'm going to Japan. What started as a conversation with one of my roommates of places I'd like to travel to became an actual trip. And so he and I are gonna meet up in Haneda and make our way to Tokyo. I plan on hitting up as many Pokemon Centers and Safari Zones as I can. Oh, and sushi. Lots of sushi.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm

smashbro wrote:Thread bump!

Come August 19th, I'm going to Japan. What started as a conversation with one of my roommates of places I'd like to travel to became an actual trip. And so he and I are gonna meet up in Haneda and make our way to Tokyo. I plan on hitting up as many Pokemon Centers and Safari Zones as I can. Oh, and sushi. Lots of sushi.

Find where Miyamoto lives. Kidnap him.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:13 am

smashbro wrote:Thread bump!

Wow! That sounds like an amazing journey! Take lots of pictures and keep us updated Smile

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:17 am

All of my envy Smash.

Lots and lots of pictures are demanded!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:24 am

Are you going to tour the countryside and more of the old culture, or stick to the cities like Tokyo and be amazed at modern day Japan?
Either way, I'm rather envious. Wish you loads of fun.

My expeditions this summer will take me to the far away isle called Texel, just off the shore of the exotic netherlands.
Oh yeah, and London. DUring the Olympics. That oughtta be fun :p

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:Are you going to tour the countryside and more of the old culture, or stick to the cities like Tokyo and be amazed at modern day Japan?
We haven't totally figure that part out yet. I'd like to spend a day or two experiencing the old culture, but as of now I think we're going to mostly stick to the cities.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenArcher628 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:50 pm

........ I get to go to a big indoor waterpark tomorrow.....my travels are lame -_-

GreenArcher628
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:10 am

I'm going up to New York the day Viero leaves. Meeting two, possibly 4 forummers in the course of a week or two.

Booyea

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:05 am

Two wands Ryan made for me! The smaller one even has my name (Both Jon and Viero) on the handle. (and the fan that Minby got me)

Spoiler:

Ryan took me to a shop to get some stuff to take home, Ryan pointed out a section where dragons were. This would be the best box ever

Spoiler:

Sword is not from Texas, but still fucking awesome. The cookbook is though (if it was not obvious enough)

Spoiler:

MORE WILL COME LATER, can't be bothered to take other pictures. Too damn tired.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:32 am

Travel? i need money for that ><
when it's possible, i want go to Texas for a dedicaced box and in England for put Raya on. Razz
Realy, i think go in America (for SnakeInABox and Darkfalco), England (for Raya) and ....*Rumble*.....Australia. (for the queen xD pineapple)

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:50 am

You'd rather meet Weldar than me, he's a lot nicer Razz

I'm getting to Maerica ASAP. Primarily New York. Gonna hang with Q and Snake and hopefully Minby, TD and Chronicle. I can't wait to do tourist shit again. My dad's in Italy with his girlfriend, I'm jealous. :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top