The Travel Thread

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Travel Thread

Post  Raya on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:Haha, because we all know you're like that, Raya. I mean look at the RP. Neutral
Hope there was no offense, I was just appalled by the way most girls chose to dress themselves over there :\ Didn't mean anything towards English femininity in general :p

Hey, my boobs stayed fully covered I'll have you know. Hence why Ansem is pissed at me Razz

By most girls I think you mean 'chavs' and 'idiot teenagers'. I certainly don't know any girls that dress like that. And aside from the aforementioned groups I don't tend to see people dressed like that either. I seriously doubt it's 'most' girls.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:57 pm

I think it's a bit like that everywhere, though, depends on where you go.

A lot of girls in Australia are orange with clothes that leave little to the imagination and hairstyles that are just wtf, I know, I went to school with a lot of them hahaha. I don't think it's just a UK thing, I think you're gonna find it wherever. *shrug*

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Raya wrote:
Perrytheplatypus wrote:Haha, because we all know you're like that, Raya. I mean look at the RP. Neutral
Hope there was no offense, I was just appalled by the way most girls chose to dress themselves over there :\ Didn't mean anything towards English femininity in general :p

Hey, my boobs stayed fully covered I'll have you know. Hence why Ansem is pissed at me Razz

By most girls I think you mean 'chavs' and 'idiot teenagers'. I certainly don't know any girls that dress like that. And aside from the aforementioned groups I don't tend to see people dressed like that either. I seriously doubt it's 'most' girls.

Welcome to Rocklin High.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 pm

So, I've just booked a nice romantic short break for me and my other half to Vienna in December to go see the Christmas markets.

I hear there's a nice chap who lives in Vienna. Wonder if he'd be interested in meeting up for a drink at some point?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:44 am

Talked to said chap, after a bit of consideration(about 3 nanoseconds), he was overly excited about the prospect of meeting you~

or simply said: i went nuts with joy and can't wait for it :3

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:50 am

.. and rest a little time in France , i want to see you too :3

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Fedayking wrote:Talked to said chap, after a bit of consideration(about 3 nanoseconds), he was overly excited about the prospect of meeting you~

or simply said: i went nuts with joy and can't wait for it :3

It's almost a shame you paid me back, my post could've been "I'm off to Vienna at Christmas to call in a debt, will be taking along a big chap to break some knees if necessary" Razz

barda_ehmos ♏ wrote:.. and rest a little time in France , i want to see you too :3

But last time I stopped enroute from England to Austria (and back the other way) in France it was rubbish. Once kinda involved my lecturer getting into barney with a local. But hey, promise to take me to The Galerie de paléontologie et d’anatomie comparée and I'll consider it Wink

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 pm

So hey, hotel has wifi, typing this on my 3DS.

Vienna is a lot like London, except with more grafitti, full frontal nudity on adverts, swearing on primetime TV and no goddamn maps anywhere. Also red lights are merely guidance only for cars; I've nearly been run over several times already. And Fed you lying sunuvva bitch, the metro system is NOT easy to navigate, we got lost and a random Austrian had to help us. Why can't it be like the London Underground and actually have signs telling you where the train is going, gah.

I now have a problem- I found a comic shop and they had the GW2 collector's edition Rytlock figure for a bargain price. Bought it and discovered it's bigger than my suitcase. Also seen a big cuddly woolly mammoth soft toy head I really want. Um...

Off to the zoo tomorrow to see WASSERSWEINES and Fed on Weds˜

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Wait, swearing? There are hardly any Austrian shows on Austrian TV at any point of the week, if you don't count the news Razz And the metro clearly says, which direction is which, but granted, a bit of more highlighting it wouldn't be a bad idea.

So basically, you say Vienna is like Londin but shittier? Razz Gotta see London then soon Wink

Hope you have a good time at Schönbrunn and looking even more forward to meeting up~

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 pm

I don't know what you're talking about. Vienna transport is easy as pooping after eating an overdose of laxatives.

What zoo are you going to, though? I believe there were several, but one of them was really cool :B

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Starting to look at where I'm going on holiday next year. I'd like to have another European city break since I really enjoyed my time in Vienna. I'm assuming New York is still happening in December so if I go away again it'll be sometime from March-Oct.

The three candidates are Amsterdam, Berlin and Copenhagen (like to go to Vienna again, but thought I'd try somewhere new first Razz). Anyone have any experience with any of those places? Sell them to me~

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Been to Berlin, found it nice but not really my style.

and yeah...Amsterdam.....i know that place. 's kinda cool, i guess....

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Amsterdam sounds boring. I wouldn't recommend it :p

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Raya wrote:I'm assuming New York is still happening in December so if I go away again it'll be sometime from March-Oct.

A.) Still needs to happen

B.) Needs to happen sometime shortly after the semester ends so I can find myself up there to meet up with all of you

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:55 pm

I've been looking at some guides, and out of those three Berlin looks like it has the most to offer in terms of attractions (also I can practice my dodgy German again Razz). But I have been to Germany before, which is why I'm considering a completely different country this time round.

Relmitos wrote:B.) Needs to happen sometime shortly after the semester ends so I can find myself up there to meet up with all of you

My mother hasn't confirmed any dates yet, but since she really wants to see the city at Christmas I'm guessing it will be around mid-December.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:06 pm

I was hoping to go to America early this year but my parents are pushing me to go back to study. Sad

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:59 am

I am having a fantastic time here with Suicide, Rascal and Dismal! So many multi-player games I never got to play multiplier with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles being my favorite one so far. It is even better than last year with the exception of not spending time with Ryan. 

Boulders Gate 2 With Rascal

Kirby Super Star with Suicide

Super Mario World with Suicide

Dokapon Kingdom With Suicide and Rascal

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with Suicide and Rascal

Fortune Street with Rascal

Say Anything with everyone

Mario Party 5 with Suicide and Rascal

Magic The Gathering with everyone

Watched Rascal play and beat Pokemon Snap

And the first week is only just ending as well! Going to be getting more games online as well.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:56 pm

I'll be in europe this winter. B)

How fucked am I if the coldest I can deal with is mid-60s F?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Which parts of Europe are you going to? Also, better get used to Celsius Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:58 pm

London, Oxford and Amsterdam. I'm concerned about the cold Mad

Also, if anyone wants to meet or hang out I can give some free dates. I'm on a study trip so most of my time is already eaten up.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am

Surge, if you think 60F is cold I think you'd be chilly even if you visited Europe in the summer Razz

I can't speak for Amsterdam, but to give you some idea when you come to England, in winter it tends to be above freezing in the day and below freezing at night, so expect temperatures to range between -3C to 6C (26F to 43F), give or take. It's a few degrees warmer in London. It can sometimes feel colder than it is because it's usually damp as well (when I went to Vienna even though it never went above freezing it was as dry as a bone, so it was actually a pleasant cold). You'll be fine, just wrap up warm. Word of advice, last year Europe had very bad snow and it looks likely it'll return this year, so make sure you have a decent pair of boots in your suitcase- you don't want to be hiking through the slush in trainers!

Also I'd be up for meeting up :3

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks for the tip! I was advised to not pack for inclement weather by my classmates but I'm more inclined to trust people who actually live there. Boots it is Smile

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Not packing for inclement weather? They are aware of what country they're actually visiting, right? Razz

There's no need to go overboard, it's not like you're visiting Siberia, just be aware it's likely to be cold and damp. Problem is our climate is so changeable you won't know what sort of winter we'll have until it's arrived. Some years it's so mild the flowers bloom early thinking it's spring, then sometimes we have like last year where I'm clearing 5 inches of snow off my car. Boots will get you through all weather and keep your tootsies warm too!

Also Surge if you think you're really going to suffer from the cold I'd totally recommend getting some long johns. They're the best thing ever to wear if you'll be spending a long time outside in freezing weather.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Posting now since next few days are going to be busy and I'm not sure if I'll be able to post in the meantime.

On Friday I'm off to New York! I'm absolutely bricking myself. This is the furthest I've ever travelled in my life and technically the only time I've gone outside of Europe (the Canary Islands don't count). I'm dreading the flight and the jetlag, but at the same time I'm excited to go. And of course, I can't wait for the meetup, the definite highlight of the trip!

Well, if I'm not on again before then, see you when I get back!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Have arrived in New York! Luckily my hotel has free wifi so I'm able to log on with my 3DS. I have to say that today has been pretty hellish, but tomorrow should be better, and I can't wait until Sunday.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top