Grudge Match!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grudge Match!

Post  Jake Sky on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:04 pm

"Do I look like a nice person to you?" Pyre spat out as the chains shot back at him, retreating into his back once again. Well he's not a demon. He doesn't stink like one. Dark shadows began to coil around his feet like smoke as he stood his ground, merely turning to the side as the man came at him. He held his blade in his right hand, down at his side, choosing not to move out of the way as the coils began steadily climb up his legs, the chains along his back writhing as if they were living.

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://megaglomp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Sin shifted the blade, and sent it through Pyre's body, along with his arm. He wasn't sure how effective it would be. He pulled both out, leaving neither wound nor tear in the demi-gods clothes. It wasn't a physical attack by any means, but an attack on the life force. Against mortals it meant death, but against a demi god... He wasn't sure what it would do. Not that it mattered much to him, he liked gambling. When one knew everything, life lost it's meaning.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Pyre flinched a bit, feeling what was left of his life force cry out in pain. That was what was great about being the son of Hades. You were a bitch to kill, and your life force was near invincible. "Good try." He said through clenched teeth. Damn that fucking hurt. Don't think I can handle another blast like that. "But it's going to take something a lot stronger than that." His free hand shot forward, wrapping around Sins throat. The chains exploded from his back, racing towards the man as he swung his sword at the man's side.

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Well, thank god for backup plans. Sin smirked, the card removing itself from his skin, and floating softly to the ground, just as one of the chains imbedded itself into his throat. Sin winked, just before his body went limp. Blood dripped acrossed the ground, acrossed the card. As the blood hit the card, steam rose up, and Sin's body melted, the form oozing towards the card, reforming himself. "Now that friend, that I'll admit... Hurt..." He muttered, staggering, and falling to his knee. He wasn't done yet, he refused to be. If he was going to die, he wouldn't be going alone...

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:57 pm

"Good. It was supposed to." Pyre said cracking his neck, the sound sickening. "I'll admit you're putting up a much better fight then I thought you would." The chains snaked around his arms, mingling with the smoke like shadows that now covered his arms and legs. "But I'm done playing." With that he took a step forward and threw both of his hands out. The chains spun together as the darkness rushed forward, a billowing tower of darkness heading straight for Sin.

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Spoiler:
Wait, so how do you win or whatever? Do you win by getting votes saying you should win, then in the RP you kill the other guy? Or do you wait till the thing is other, and whoever gets the most votes wins despite who wins in the RP... also, where do you submit votes?

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Sin looked up, his eyes were gone, the King of Hearts stuck to his chest. The suicide king. The wave of dark energy rushed over his body, destroying it. A small shining orb remained, and from it, one last card arose. The Joker. Sin appeared from the other side of Pyre, a microfilament razor wired garrote wrapped around his neck "You cannot avoid your fate, and you cannot defeat me" He said darkly, pulling the wires tightly, crosswise

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Pyre let out a choked gurgle as the wire cut into his neck, blood spraying out into the air. "Motherfucker." He managed to mumble through a mouth full of blood. Blood was something that Pyre really didn't need, thank the Gods, but his head was definitely on that list of things needed. And wasn't about to lose it to some card-toting gambler. So with that he let out a bloody roar and exploded into towering inferno of red and black flames that surrounded his body as well as Sin's. There was reason his name was Pyre Inferno after all.

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 am

Ahaha, oh man Jake. My favourite forum game of all time was something called Budokai, which was a lot like this but with more formal rules and only featuring forum members. When Weldar approached me about the GB I honestly thought it was that at first, and now you made this thread Laughing

I never made a Budokai thread because I was afaid it would detract for the GB, but if this thread goes down well I might. There's some good memories from the Budokai. Gory, bone-snapping memories Very Happy

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks Raya, you reminded me of the DBZ games with incredibly long names centered around "Budokai tenkaichi"

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Just before the flames could touch him, Sin, with all his force, pulled heavily on the wires, using Pyre's back as a leverage point. The wire cut through the Demi-god's neck, and simultaneously kicked off of his back, landing smoothly on the ground. Pyre's head fell a moment later with a satisfying THUD. Sin looked down at the head of his now deceased opponent with a dark smile "Now you know why the Gods obey the Fates" He said calmly, before disappearing into time.

Requiem stepped out of the shadows of the building Jake had been watching from "The results shall be the same my friend, should you choose to challenge me personally" He said before reaching into his pocket and pulling a card out. "I'll be seeing you friend" He told him, turning his back to Jake and walking away. The card floated down, and upon looking at it, Jake saw that it was the same card that had killed his cousin Pyre Inferno, The Joker.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Jacob appeared out of the shadows, a smirk on his lips. "Please. This was just a warm up round. See what you and your chars can dish out." He grabbed the disembodied head by the hair, walking over to the body. "You'll be dead and gone should we fight." He threw the body over his shoulder, the corpse twitching. "Thanks for the warning about the guy." Pyre growled, the head still very much alive. "Shut it. I thought you could handle it." He walked to the center of the street, looking up towards the clouds.

The winner of this match is Requiem with Sin DeNocta! The next two fighters are Ansem and Q! You may begin the Grudge match! And with that the man and the loser of the match disappeared into thin air.

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 am

Spoiler:
Bull Shit that the Demi-god's head is still alive. Demigods totally die when their heads come off. Hercules would have

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:51 am

¿Señior Poopy Water? wrote:
Spoiler:
Bull Shit that the Demi-god's head is still alive. Demigods totally die when their heads come off. Hercules would have

Spoiler:
Don't be a critic,this is fantasy after all

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:25 am

Spoiler:
Pwned.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Spoiler:
What's going on with this...? Why hasn't the next started yet?

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Spoiler:
I've been busy with Mafia among other things. I'm actually working on writing up my character bio now, he'll be up soon.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:00 pm

"So, he's hearing the Voice again, is he now?"
"Yes, he is, and i fear for his sanity, i really do.."
"You are right to do so pup, He's the last link you've got with the humans in your little church, bwaahahah!"
"This is No laughing matter K'chellic, he is going insane and soon he'll start turning on us! And you know very well what he can do!"
"I am well aware of the destruction my weapon can do, thank you very much, pup"
Aidrail scoffed and turned around facing the marble wall in the great hall of the Monastery. "I know i'm young compared to other demons, you don't have to stick to that dreadful nickname, you know?"
K'chellic rose a bit in his throne, his wings spread a little to attain a more comfortable position. "You have grown, i'll give you that much. But i'll keep calling you pup until you finally stop acting like one! Talking about your enforcer like this, being worried is allright, but you keep on nagging me about this, it drives me insane!"
"Then don't let him go! For the love of the Gods, K'chellic, You cant make him go out on this assignment, not now his mental condition is so unstable! He could very well put a hole in the barrier from where he's going! Let someone else do this, you have plenty of monks here doing nothing but train, this could be a good field assignment for them!"
K'chellic stoop up, spread his wings and slammed his clawed fist against his golden breastplate.
"I am The lord an Master here, I am one of The 15, and when I want to use my Servant, i will use him, you understand me pup?!?"

Aidrail froze up. He was right. He had the right. But this was wrong. He couldn't just...

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a gong. A man strode into the hall, shadowed by monks, faces shaded by their large hoods. The man wore blue, white and black, unusual colours, as everyone in the monastery wore Black, and sometimes Crimson. As he laid his fist on the ground in a kneeling position, the marble floor underneath him cracked. K'chellic eyes widened just for second, unnoticed by everyone but Aidrail. He was surprised. The Growth, and the sheer Power.
"I have a Task for you, Hammer."
The man looked up, brown eyes shined trough his blond hair.
"what is it that the 15 wish from me?"
"Something is walking alongside the barrier. Not close enough to damage it, but close enough to make Zundratt tense. We want you to find this thing, and destroy it, along with everything he attracts there. Understand?"
"Yes, my lord. I will go."

With those simple words, the man left the hall. K'chellic sank back into his Throne, exhaling loudly. He waved the monks who were still standing in the hall away, and turned his red eyes onto Aidrail.
"If you want to speak with that one, i suggest you do it fast..."
Aidrail turned and left, first walking, then suddenly running in the same direction Berend went.

Berend loved the air whizzing by as he ran across mountain tops. His speed was maintained by the little bits of Power he left behind his feet. Suddenly he felt a different kind of power. Earth magic, with a demonic touch. Aidrail was too predictable, his signature was too obvious. Berend stopped on a top with a nice view. The sun was high in the sky, a perfect day of running and jumping around, being careless for a second.
"we need to talk"
"you need to stop interrupting me when im going on assignments for the 15, My lord.."
Aidrail sighed and created a seat for himself. He knew Berend would want to continue.
"I'll make this brief then. Be careful."
" you're kidding right? You're telling me, the glorified blunt instrument of The 15, to be careful? I told you Aidrail, i'm a weapon. Im only usefull when im stronger than the things i hit. If i break, it means im not strong enough and i deserve to die. It's really simple you know."
Aidrail went silent there. He knew enough remarks to make him be the quiet one, but this was different. A sense of absolution. Life was simple for Berend. His life was a complicated mess filled with intrigue, shadows, doubt, power struggle, war, etc. But Berend just did what he had to do. A life to aspire to.
"Fine. Go. Don't destroy the barrier while you're there!"
Berend jumped up. a faint "no promises" came from the next mountain top as Berend landed there. Aidrail could still feel the traces of Power in the air.

Berend arrived at the spot he needed to be. Beautiful hills and little streams filled this land so close to the barrier. It was uncanny how weird this was. Berend had the 'pleasure' of having a look inside the void once. It was not pretty, that much was clear.
"Time to patrol, search and destroy then. Best do this quick, so i can go back to tri-
USE THE POWER. DESTROY THE BARRIER. YOU'RE SO CLOSE. DO IT. FREE ME. I'LL GIVE YOU YOUR HEARTS DESIRE

Berend fell to his knees. The voice, it came so sudden, with a wave of nausea to finish it of. Just perfect. But as quick as it came, it also went away. With a look of anguish, Berend started to run along the hills.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Memories, lost amongst the sands of time, ephemeral in the face of eternity as a dream is to the dawning of the day...

Vakaran snapped to alertness as the first tremor hit.

"What was that?" Kurt asked. Vakaran stood up, bracing himself for the next impact. This one was more violent, and some of the Brigade members seemed to almost lose their balance.

"Outside!" shouted the ever-viligant Kerait warrior, "Something outside!"

Vakaran spun in time to see an abomination standing at the enterance of the cave. It was a demon, wielding an axe of flame. The beast brought its axe down towards Terechyn, who dodged aside and skillfully put a shaft in the its neck. The shot would have been fatal to something lesser, but only had the effect of angering this beast. The demon roared in pain as it plucked out the arrow and broke it in half, tossing the shaft aside. The brave, rash Steven managed to connect to its stomach with one of his axes, causing the beast to scream in anger; to attack with greater ferocious might...

And Vakaran was on his feet, Flame in hand as he dashed towards the cave entrance. He drew his blade, and the entire world collapsed around him. Creatures tunneled out from the rocks, breaking clear through both the floor and roof of the cave. Rocks plummeted all around the Brigade. They were being swarmed...

Vakaran snapped out of his reverie. He didn't have the time for such trivial nostalgia.

The terrain was rugged; the ground was rocky and sparse of plant life. He stood on a small band of dust coating a surface that was largely brittle and gravelly. The path on which he stood, if it could be called that, wound through a series of nearby hilltops. A glance to his right revealed that he was in fact at quite a high altitutes, for the clouds seemed barely a hundred or so yards overhead. Rocks littered the path and the sides of the various peaks, the rest covered in a thin coating of dust and mountainous vegetation. The survivalist in him noted the slight disturbances that represented the tracks of some unseen rodent, the disturbed mountainous brush some sort of deer or elk had pressed aside habitually.

There were no monsters here, no Saphyran beasts arising from nowhere to try to slaughter him. It was quiet, in the most refreshing of ways.

He had alighted on a slope arching downwards into a small valley formed by a number of intersecting hills. A small ways to his left, a waterfall descended into the valley from some mountainous reservoir. From the base of this cascade a stream meandered down the slope and out of sight down the mountain. The valley was strewn with boulders chipped away from the surrounding mountains over the years.

Here in the mountains, the air was thin. He quickly took note of this, and readjusted his immediacy to his liking, a pocket of denser air surrounding him, separating him slightly from the mountain air in which his remarkable endurance would be ordinarily lessened. Wind rushed through the mountaintops, ruffling his cloak, drying his eyes ever so slightly.

Vakaran, with the assistance of his cane, began to walk down the path, slowly descending into the valley...

[OOC: Feel free to begin combat Ansem.]

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Berend surged trough the landscape, enjoying his time outside, but keeping his eyes open. He extended his senses, searching for magic signatures he did not know yet. Who knew this land would be so perfect for sparring, running, if he could, flying. Too bad the barrier was close. Unleash an arcane blast a few miles from here and Demons would be swarming the place. Berend remembered his look inside the Void, it shook his world view quite a bit. To see so many creatures capable of crushing him in a matter of seconds was...unnerving. To know that, if that barrier would fall, the Creation would be gone in a matter of seconds was...really scary. The Greatest. He resided there. He was watching.
TROUGH YOUR EYES
Berend missed a step, losing his balance and smacked face first into a hillside. 2 things happened there. The voice reacted to his thoughts. It never did that! That meant that he's gaining power over him. He couldn't let that happen! And second, Berend noticed a slight hint of Magic, dead north from here. Just a tiny notch, the only reason why he even got it was that, whenever the voice came to him like that, his senses overloaded with all the information around him. For an instance, he could smell the grass from the next hilltop. It hurts.

Berend recovered, slowly standing up, wiping the dirt of his face and out of his hair. Stupid voice. He'll have to ask The Father about this. Now was the time to get the thing. Kill it, and return. Easy enough.
With a dash, Berend ran north, slowly closing in on the place he noticed the magic. There! A Lone figure, cloak and Staff, walking slow in a valley. Perfect. Just perfect. It seemed Human enough. Not that it mattered, Berend killed everything he needed to kill. One blast, concentrated arcane energy combined with Mystical threads to keep its form. A so called Arcane Missile. Dead ahead, right on his head...NOW!

Berend took a running jump, quickly gathering the needed Magic Energies and throwing it at the Figure.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Vakaran, descending the mountain path into the valley, raised his grizzled head, his sharp green eyes snapping into focus. There was something out there...

Back before the Saphyran Purge, in the days following the Kraetian War, in his early childhood, he had not known to fear the darkness. The small spaces between rocks, the little crevasses deep in a moonlit cavern, the dark, abandoned home... They had all been subjects of amusement, of bemused interest. And the little noises, the small skittering sounds, unusual changes in the wind, these had been simple trivialities.

He remembered growing up near the Spire as a child, basking in its shadow. He remembered the long summer days, the heats of his father's forge. He remembered the glorious splendor as sunsets reflected off the crystalline peaks. Those days had been a time of perpetual bliss.

How quickly the world had shattered.

Those trivialities had become warnings; they had lost their innocence and evolved into portents of death. When his parents were murdered there was a time of mindless, adrenaline fueled flight. Vakaran was thrust into the dark, desperate wilderness unprepared. The stranger had taken him in, shown him a renewed purpose, and he was hardened by his quest for vengeance, just as the world itself had hardened.

Looking around him now, he saw an unusual beauty. The sun shone brightly through a gap in the clouds onto a reflective mountainside painted silvery gray in its radiance. The water glistened, and the grass swirled in a slight breeze.

It was quintessential, but also sterile.

Even as the clouds gradually moved and eclipsed the sun, Vakaran noted the desolation around him. The beauty he witnessed around him, just like his own world, seemed to be masking a deep, inner shadow. There were no monsters here, but everything seemed off in a way. The sun was blocked, and the valley was filled with darkness. Vakaran strode slowly along the path, the stream flowing a distance to his left, the soft rumble of the cascade permeating the gloom, giving the air a slight humidity. Now the shadows awakened in him the old paranoia of the Purge. Every shadow seemed a felwolf, every small crevasse a tunneler's refrain. The monsters may be gone, but paranoia certainly remains.

Something flashed across his inner intuition, his inexplicable arcane sense, and Vakaran stopped.

In the valley of darkness there was light. Amidst the gray landscape there was a faint glimmer of arcane energy. His grip on the Ascendence of Flame shifted slightly, his entire demeanor altered. He drew from a pocket three small, razor sharp shurikens, and tossed them to the wind. Guided by his own powers, they whizzed off, unseen. For an instant all was still.

Then the light of ethereal force blazed before his mind, and Vakaran turned swiftly, gazing upwards towards one of the hilltops surrounding the valley. A sole man, garbed in a blue tunic, with flowing brown hair to match Vakaran's blonde, leapt from the cliffside. Madness in his eyes, he flung towards Vakaran a ball of blazing magical energy.

The Arcane Missile sailed towards Vakaran, and was cast aside as the grizzled man manipulated the wind currents. The deadly ball of mystic force flew across the valley, exploding against the cliff at the far side. Boulders rained down from above, and the ground shook for a moment.

He's certainly strong. S'pose I should start off light, see what he's capable of...

Filled with the energy of the skies, the former Saphyran Knight raised his free hand. Three boulders lifted off the nearby ground, flinging themselves towards his adversary.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Berend's eyes widened in surprise as his missile was redirected with only the power of the wind. Strange magics were at work here, he felt the urge to step back and let this man go, but a mission was a mission. As he was pondering Berend forgot 2 things. 1, he was in the air, speeding down to the ground fast. And 2, three boulders were heading straight for his face.

"Tch"

With a spinning motion, Berend released Waves of Power all around him. They knocked the boulders away, and left gashes in the mountainsides. With a loud crack, he touched the ground, landing solid on 2 feet, making large cracks in the ground. He waved his hair out of his face, then suddenly smiled. It wasn't his fault, it was the area. This landscape was beautiful, perfect really. He inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of the nearby river. Yes, he could live here and die happy, if it weren't for that stupid destiny thing to keep interfering with his happiness.
Now then, this clown. Berend observed the man, slowly taking a step forward, with still that smile on his face.

"Your wind magic is...unusual. You dont use the weather, you just bend the wind to your will. Thats impressive, not many people can do that. I am Berend Barnabas, The Storm and Hammer of the 15. I am going to destroy you, so tell me your name first. That and this fight should give me enough to remember you."

An odd tradition maybe, but Berend believed in the ways of the Blademasters of legend. State your name, tell the opponent what you want with him and ask their name, so you can remember them. No soul should be left unremembered, or they will die for good. This man, he wasn't from around here. He did not came from Bartholia, Berend was not even sure he came from Tau'chi. Was there something else behind that? A place where the gods did not care for their creation? A place untouched by the corruption of the Nephilim, or the stench of the Void born Demons? Was there such a paradise?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Spoiler:

The being landed before Vakaran with the touch of a feather, yet his impact seemed to crack the stone, to shake the ground like the falling of a large stone. Vakaran remained stolid, unmoving, the wind passing around him without disturbing him, and stared out of green eyes, past long, ruffled black hair, into the face of his foe. Interesting, he was. His build wasn't imposing, wasn't docile, but Vakaran could sense a good amount of raw force in him. Righting himself slightly, the man brushed aside locks of long blond hair and raised his head, a grin of bloodlust, perhaps even sadism, crossing his visage, and spoke.

"Your wind magic is...unusual. You dont use the weather, you just bend the wind to your will," he inquired, a tone of unmasked condescension in his voice, "That's impressive, not many people can do that. I am Berend Barnabas, The Storm and Hammer of the 15. I am going to destroy you, so tell me your name first. That and this fight should give me enough to remember you."

Destroy me.... How often have I heard those words?

Vakaran remained still and silent, calm as ever, Ascendence of Flame propped in his right hand, but in his mind felt nostalgic disgust. It was Terechyn all over again. The Kerait and his ilk had been merciless, more akin to barbarians than nobility, far different than the others of the Saedin Empire. Their service to the Khael was sporadic at best; their unity only drawn out of warfare. Vakaran had never understood why the Keraits were allowed back into Isthas when the dome-shields went up, why their kind hadn't been left to fend for themselves after they had done the same to Saeda in the Kraetian war.

Yet Terechyn had changed his perception, Vakaran admitted to himself. Terechyn was a powerful fighter, deadly accurate with his bow and arrows, and had been one of the Brigade's few rivals to he himself on the battlefield. And ultimately, Terechyn had come through, helping the others survive despite his instincts as a Kerait warrior.

Still Vakaran was not pleased with the way he lived, however, striking down the weak rather than raising them up. Terechyn would kill a man over a horse; he'd almost stabbed the young, foolish, but courageous Steven for inquiring about his bow. He looked upon this Berend and saw just another Terechyn. Perhaps it was worth a fight after all.

The moment of silence passed, and Vakaran spoke. A slight breeze picked up in the valley as he delivered his ultimatum.

"I am Vakaran Kaethis, bearer of the Ascendence of Flame and Saphyran Knight, born the first of Alkaran during the Kraetian Siege of Isthas. Under what providence do you seek my blood? Regardless, if it is my destruction you wish for, Barbaras, be prepared to meet your end by my hand."

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Berend spat on the ground, clearly not giving 2 cents about this clown. He was a pest anyway, something that contaminated this area. Wait, he didn't think that. That was nothing like him. He never saw anyone as pests, why the hell did he spit on the ground. This area was messing with his head, that was it. Better finish this off quickly. And the world he speaks off. Where the hell did this guy come from? This was weird, if he could just talk to hi-

"I asked for your name, not your heritage and background. Vakaran Kaethis. You're condemned by your presence here. You will be eliminated, and i will return home. I'm glad you face your destiny head on Vakaran. I respect men who do this. Cold breeze and Icy Temperatures. You shall suffer Pain!"

With the last words, Berend raised his arm and from his palm a concentrated Hailstorm was formed, speeding towards Vakaran. Being nimble though, he easily dodged the attack, unleashing a strange, cutting wind from nowhere. Berend glanced for a moment at the forming of the spell. The structure, the power balance. It didn't add up, it shouldn't be possible. He's not regarding the rules at all, it was like he was in a ritual his entire life. If Berend could do that, he'd surely be strong enough to...
TO WHAT, WORM? YOU'RE A SLAVE TO YOUR DESTINY. I CAN HELP YOU ESCAPE IT. ACCEPT ME, CALL OUT MY NAME, AND I WILL GRANT YOU YOUR WISH!

Berend grabbed his head, the sickness coming up again. That moment, the scythe-like wind reached him, slashing his face and shoulder. Red blood dripped on the ground as Berend grabbed his wound tightly, uttering a few words. With a faint glow, a shard of ice appeared, obstructing the wound. It didn't seem to hurt, but Berend's face was growing grimmer.

"That was unfortunate. A sign of weakness, i apologize. Let's continue. I need to get away from this place, so i will make it quick."

Immediately, Berend drew forth the thing he was famous for. Power. The ground shook, and with a blast, the 2 mountaintops surrounding the valley were shattered, turned to dust. in his hands, Berend held spheres of raw magic, unchanged by any means, drawn forth from his soul.
"Goobye, Vakaran."
Berend Barnabas unleashed dozens of spheres, surging trough the air, straight for the man with the staff.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:42 am

An erratic figure, for certain. Vakaran held no disdain for the man before him, but it seemed he would not be moved. Was he supposed to be fazed by these talks of inexorable doom, of irrevocable fate? Nay, after the horrors he had witnessed in the Saphyran brigade, none would be afflicted by these simple words. Most would in fact welcome a chance at oblivion. But Vakaran was not one of them. He was not one to escape to a blissful nothing, not when there was plenty of life yet to be lived. He had saved his world from the demons, from the inexorable, inevitable apocalypse so often sung in the ballads of an age long past. "Fate" is a joke. "Inevitability" is a charade, nothing more. There is no absolute.

The man drew back his hands, causing nearby mountaintops to shatter, the dust coalescing into spheres of raw ethereal force, spheres that flew into Berend's hands. It was raw power, nothing more, nothing less. Sheer brute force by which his foe hoped to simply blot out his opponent. Vakaran knew nary a mage like this Berend, but the style of fighting was one all too familiar. It was that of the Kraetian Beserkers, nothing more, nothing less, altered only by the presence of the magical energies backing the onslaught. Energies that were unusual at best, completely unknown at worst, but energies that certainly were under only loose control. The power was quite significant, but the mentality behind it.....

The madman flung his palms forward, and the spheres sailed in Vakaran's direction. Did he really think the same trick would work twice, aided only by multitude? Two dozen spheres blazed through the air, and Vakaran smiled. Fine then.

Vakaran lashed out with the Ascendence of Flame. The glittering emerald cane seemed to vanish for an imperceptible instant, and an orange-gold blur cut a wide swath through the air in front of Vakaran. A pocket of air was displaced by the slash, such was its speed, and in a semicircular arch reverberated outward from the slash of light, blasting through the center of the advancing spheres, knocking several to the sides, causing explosions on the side of the cliff-faces and raining rocks everywhere, and heading straight towards Berend.

All the air in the valley save the bubble around Vakaran seemed drawn towards the location of the slash, as the displaced air created a vaccum that the laws of nature sought to fill. The remaining spheres were in turn redirected towards this anomaly, coalescing into one massive burst of energy right in front of Vakaran himself. For an instant the energy glow stood still, held in place by swirling currents.

"You call yourself the Storm and the Hammer, seek my name for the sake of an honorable battle, and seek to herald my demise, yet you strike at me like nothing more than a madman. You speak of judgement and condemnation like a god, yet thirst for blood like a savage demon. Madmen don't win wars. And demons? Demons must be slain. You have no divine providence. You have no writ of destiny."

The Saphyran Knight threw his left fist forward, and the combined force of the arcane spheres hurled back towards their caster, propelled by the force of the winds.

Spoiler:
Ansem, if you're confused as to what Vakaran just did, PM me or steam me tomorrow :3

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top