Post  Requiem on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:11 pm

No, I was just trying to figure out who voted for you

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grudge Match Listings

Post  Quaetam on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Oshit, so I have to try to beat something that has magic control over water and can make people with magic explode by breathing on them?

Hmmm, gonna have to either force a magical standoff or do something crafty. I'll take some time to think about this; the mafia phase is kinda ending tonight and that takes priority.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

No worries take your time. And could you tone that breathing thing down some Ansem? I'm fine with just about everything else, that just seems a weee bit excessive.

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://megaglomp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Don't worry about it, I'll find a way to cope via my writing. Tis very powerful but magic begets magic, I could find some way to outmagic that.....

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Jake Sky wrote:No worries take your time. And could you tone that breathing thing down some Ansem? I'm fine with just about everything else, that just seems a weee bit excessive.

oh thats not to be taken literally lol xD.

What i meant is, he just exhales power, like you and i exhale oxygen. if he puts his fist on the ground to kneel, the floor underneath him cracks. He has amazing amounts of excessive power.
And being a watermage isnt waterbending. it means being able to cast spells out of the school of Water, with sub schools being mystical and ice, and doing rituals with Water.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:54 pm

*shrugs* If you say so. Good luck with that!

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Victory lies in the hands of Fate.

*Goes to kill Pyre properly*

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Gah. I don't even wanna talk about it. -_-

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:47 pm

You should change the topic title. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Sky on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:27 am

how come?

Jake Sky
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 am

Because 'Gudge' match is annoying to see every time I go to the OT board.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 am

Pwned.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:48 am

Snake,what kind of characters do we want to use? Do you have something in mind?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:25 am

Ourselves.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 am

This is going to be epic.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Indeed. Epic Indeed.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:32 am

come on Q, get that dayphase thing out of our system and start on that character!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 pm

This guy is based on a character I used in an RP I participated in, but has been modified greatly. Enjoy...

Name: Vakaran Kaethis

Age: Mid to late thirties, exact age unsure due to destruction of birth records.

Powers: Vakaran is an adept in air-bound magic, capable of channeling the powers of the wind in numerous forms. He frequently uses this to deflect attacks, control currents and weather, or to throw boulders and other objects at his target, although he possesses many more significant techniques. In addition to his magical abilities Vakaran carries a number of projectile and other small weapons, such as razor-sharp shuriken he can manuver with his wind energies. His most prominent weapon is a cane called the Ascension of Flame....

Description/Background:
Spoiler:
Vakaran hails from a world torn by apocalyptic warfare and the ravages of unknown beasts. The Saedin Dominion was at its peak, having triumphed over neighboring Spirus a century ago in a bloody, decade-long war. Since the ravages of conflict, the continent-spanning empire had solidified, expanded upon itself and reformed into something greater. The continent had been rebuilt, and the age was one of prosperity. Like in any prosperous time, the attention of the government and of the people had turned towards advancement, towards research and the betterment of the quality of life. It was into the centre of this golden age of enlightenment that Kraetia entered, attacking from across the ocean. Saeda, demilitarized in its current state of peace, was caught off guard. The ports of Lasfiij and former Spirus capital Kal were overrun in a single day, and the Mauraders swept across much of the countryside as Saeda struggled to collect itself, rallying desperate, untrained militias in defense of its homeland. All seemed lost; the Kraetian war machine could not be stopped. A nation that had known peace for a century was about to be overthrown in a single month. The three fortress cities of Isthas, Craznith, and Sariis stood under siege, the last bastions of a falling kingdom.

The Saedin were desperate for a miracle. And it was a miracle they got.

A lone man, known only as Migbeat, wielding twin blades that seemed to be one with the sunrise, entered the field. It was one against an army, but here numbers meant nothing. For with each slash of Migbeat's swords, dozens were set ablaze. The tide of the siege of Isthas was turned, as the Saedin army, resurgent, drove their scorched enemies from the field. The Kraetian advance had been stopped short. Their hero, however, had vanished, leaving nothing but one blade of sunrise, stabbed into a rock that stood in the center of the battlefield.

Over the next several weeks, the Kraetians were driven back. And as researchers began study of the Sword of Sunlight, they found a way to replicate its design using the previously considered unstable crystal mined from the Spire, a massive mountain located near Craznith. The crystals seemed to have minds of their own, reaching out with their own spectral energies and interacting with the environment in ways that defied physics and logic. New weapons in hand, they drove back the Kraetians, expelling them off the continent, and followed across the ocean themselves, wielding blades through which their latent magic powers were channeled, revealing strengths long lost to humanity. It was a nation of mages versus a world of sterility. And the side of magic was winning.

But they had delved too deep; they had tampered with powers that were meant to be left alone. From the depths of the mines of the Spire countless abominations seemed to rise out of the nether. And the world was overrun.

The Saedin Dominion fought against the tides, but they could not harm the monsters without the crystals, most of which had been given to their now lost overseas army. Every attempt to defeat the swarming horde failed, the militias stricken down like rats. The Dominion retreated as the months wore on, as did the rest of the world, and the fortress cities became isolated, cut off by hordes of demons and unknown abominable monsters. It seemed that there was no hope for humanity, as the supplies of the cities dwindled. In a desperate measure, research-sages produced energy crystals capable of projecting a shield around the entire city and immediate surrounding area. For whatever reason, the monsters could not cross this barrier.

The cities were safe, isolated in their tiny bubbles. But they were alone. Communications with the outside world were scarce, brought only by Saphyr-armed caravans. The nights were harsh and unforgiving, and it was a well known fact that none could survive a crossing between safe zones in them.

Vakaran was born towards the end of the Kraetian war, during the Siege of Isthas. He was raised as a blacksmith's assistant outside Gabthrast, a small town not far from the Spire itself, and was forced to flee after his parents were murdered by monsters. Like his father he suffered from the disease they named after their family; the Kaethis Syndrome, an ailment of unknown origin by which one would suffer excruciating cramping pain on a daily basis. As one aged this pain would lead to loss of control of limbs and seizures. It was his father who found a cure; bi-daily consumption of a specific tablet. This would suppress the disorder to a state of insignificance. Kaethis Syndrome aside, his father was a master smith of the crystal, and Vakaran worked as his apprentice.

After his father's death, Vakaran forged his own weapon, the cane he now carries, the Ascendence of Flame. He is a self taught survivalist who lived on his own for months in a forsaken wasteland of monsters and demons before finally making his way to the fortress city, and capital of the Saedin Dominion, Isthas. He learned the powers of the winds from a mysterious stranger, and has channeled them into his fighting.

Alongside many others, Vakaran was drafted into the first New Saedin Brigade, tasked with gradually cleansing the wasteland of the scum that inhabited it.

I could post my edited version (based on this new backstory) of what went on in the RP from here, but that is essentially what you need to know. Vakaran lives in a world torn by apocalyptic ravages, and has hardened himself because of it, becoming an expert mage, fighter, and survivalist. He possesses a cunning intellect and ability to read emotions, and cares for the well being of others, but has little social life due to his own disinterest. He is an adept wind mage and fighter, brutal in combat, unaffected by the danger and stress of battle. Vakaran is approximately five foot ten, with brown, short-ish hair, and a scar across his left eye. This does not affect his vision.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

ok, you wanna come to my world or should i come to yours?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:03 am

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gudge

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Neutral field, Ansem.

A valley high in the mountains with a waterfall and a stream running through, so there's plenty of native water as well as wind (Though with Vakaran's powers he doesn't need native wind, and I imagine Berend doesn't need water. Should just add to the flavor), and it's very rocky to make for an interesting battle. We don't need to explicitly describe it, but this is enough to go off of.

Feel free to start whenever. Have one post where he arrives before the battle begins, I'll do the same.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:52 pm

cool, ima whip it up in a sec

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Since my match is up next:

Name: Diable Lavadora

Appearance:

Description:
Diable Lavadora is an old Maytag washing machine that currently resides in a tortilla factory in little mexico. It has been unplugged do to the fact that it barely works anymore, and it's also filled with ants, and it smells pretty bad. The only reason it hasn't been hauled away to the dump is because the factory workers have been using it as a trashcan, no matter how much garbage they dump into it it never gets full. A local shaman has speculated that it is the host of a portal to a dimension of unspeakable horrors. The factory workers just see it as the worlds greatest trash can however and they call it Diable Lavadora (Devil Washing machine) because it sounds totally badass.

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Well, someone's taking a leaf out of Eximo Pulvis's book.....

That's a good thing, Diable Lavadora seems awesome.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top