Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Post  SuicideAngel on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Ugh I been busy last few days and I'm a page of textwalls behind x-x So much I didn't plan on too - I sorta figured Raya would've started it out with a Mass Summoning and let everyone build from there. I'm actually against the idea of Individual Summonings because we're creating 1-3 NPCs each player, and that makes way too many ppl to worry about, and it gets confusing fast. It also begs teh question if this many ppl are against this Nameless Army, why don't they fight it themselves? Well w/e too late to fix it now and noone else probly cares about my complaints anyway =/ I'll have a post up in about a day or 2 maybe, but if another Textwall page pops up before then I'm out. I can't keep up with that much text x-x

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:05 pm

I am nothing wiser then you are Suicide, but considering our.....gracious mods, I'm assuming
Spoiler:
the tutorial fight will basically kill the NPC's that summoned us, or a good chunk of them

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Suicide, not to be the bearer of bad news, but, you're on the reserve list, as soon as someone leaves/quits/dies, we will give the next in line a call so he'll be summoned.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:26 pm

I am so on this!
but my computer died, so now i have to use the limited access i have to my brother's computer/laptop to post. Leaving me with little time to write stuff and thus creating the awkward build up posts like i have going now.
Sorry bout the bad timing, i wish it didnt happen either.

Also, i was planning on making the nameless army appear in my post, already immediatly killing about everyone but 1 NPC i created... so that solves that problem?
The individual summonings gives everyone their chance to write what their character was doing before they got sucked in, which IMO is a great thing. Also the whole "WTF JUST HAPPENED"-level is funny to RP.

Either way, i'll be building up my post whenever i have the time and unspoil it when it's done Smile just bear with me, please.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:41 pm

I was gonna go somewhere with the Gorblax thing, but whatev.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:39 pm

@Ansem - Oh, I didn't know that (I skipped a lot of the setup thread) I'm out then, It's hard enough keeping up with an RP I'm not in when a page isn't full of long posts, so by the time someone dies I'll be hopelessly lost lol

@Av - that does solve the problems, but idk, not my prefered style of writing I suppose. I refuse to develop a Character I plan to kill off early in the story.

@Perry - You can get the same effect from Instituting a Mass Summon, then letting everyone else fill in what they were doing beforehand anyway. That's what everyone did for Grand Brawl's 2nd round - Weld gave a Grand enterance, then set us loose, and everyone gave their own veiw of the Opening scene as it occurred. It solves the Problem Av's guessed solution presents ("Why do Trained fighters/mages die to the army while untrained and confused Player-Characters Live and escape?") and sets a better scene for "tutorial" imo.

Last edited by SuicideAngel on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:44 pm

makes it all the more dramatic and motivating to take revenge I assume Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:03 pm

And my post is done Very Happy yay!... ffin long, but i had shit to tell Razz

SuicideAngel wrote:Why do Trained fighters/mages die to the army while untrained and confused Player-Characters Live and escape?")
By a slip up or sacrificing themselves to save said untrained and confused player? It's plausible, seeing i just did it in my story... :p

Hope i didn't break any 4th walls or setup ideas, though.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:35 pm

*sigh*

I hate timezone differentiationss. Now I need to edit the post I wrote on looseleaf for the RP to have me faint a second time. I wanted to establish a few things, and retcon a few things from my opening post to make sense. Like, the figures were actually a figment of a self induced trance to face my fears, but I didn't read the directions correctly. Thus, establishing that td isn't someone who people like to mug, and also seetting up character traits. And even a checkov's gun if the need arises.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Ansem, I was a fresh corpse, recently deceased, rotting takes some more time to kick in. I can explain it with the brain eating, that it took much from my energy to absorb it all, but is it ok for you, if the rotting is reversed by consuming lifeforce? As hilarious it may become, searching for fingers or limbs after a fight would get annoying after some time(also, character interagation is a lot easier, when you don't smell like a garbage bin, being stealthy would be next to impossible)

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:40 pm

idk, I've been really irritable lately so don't take my harshness too seriously for a while Sad Go ahead and keep me on the list, I probably won't keep up with teh entire thread untill I get a PM but if I get called in I'll reveiw the last couple pages. Not knowing what's going on makes for a better Writer-to-Character bond anyway ;3

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:46 pm

I decided my character is basically a combination of Dan Hibiki and Youngster Joey.

Pretty ineffectual, but good for a laugh. :3

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:11 am

I've decided all RP/GB posts are to be made in chrome, since firefox seems to try and crash at the worst possible moments. Don't get me wrong, I like firefox more than chrome, but it just crashes when I don't want it to.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 am

Don't worry too much about the NPCs that summoned you. They won't be all that important. Unless we've pointed a big GM finger and said THIS GUY IS IMPORTANT then they're only there to help the plot and you guys along. They're not big players. You only need to worry about devloping them if you want to.

SuicideAngel (Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm) wrote: I refuse to develop a Character I plan to kill off early in the story.

You're missing a trick there.

SuicideAngel (Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm) wrote: It solves the Problem Av's guessed solution presents ("Why do Trained fighters/mages die to the army while untrained and confused Player-Characters Live and escape?") and sets a better scene for "tutorial" imo.

Have you never played a computer game in your life? It's the same reason as to how a spiky-haired teenager with an oversized sword can save the world, or a geek with a crowbar can fight off alien hordes. Because they're the heroes. The entire point of the game is that you've had this destiny thrust upon you and that everyone expects you to be this noble champion who will save the world. But you are you. You have all your faults and vices, all your fears and weaknesses. Would you ever call yourself a hero? Would you ever believe you could save the world from a seemingly unstoppable threat? Of course you wouldn't. That's the core of the game, overcoming your doubts, defeating insurmountable odds and becoming the legend you've only played at. Providing you succeed, of course.

Besides, winning a war isn't merely about who's the best fighter. The players will find that out soon enough.

td260 (Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:11 am) wrote:I've decided all RP/GB posts are to be made in chrome, since firefox seems to try and crash at the worst possible moments. Don't get me wrong, I like firefox more than chrome, but it just crashes when I don't want it to.

Have you tried writing it into a word document before posting it? If it's a regular problem for you that might help.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:28 am

Raya (Thu 16 Dec - 13:35) wrote:The entire point of the game is that you've had this destiny thrust upon you and that everyone expects you to be this noble champion who will save the world. But you are you. You have all your faults and vices, all your fears and weaknesses.
Like worrying about if your penis is still there while people are getting slaughtered.

I love the concept, and writing about yourself being put in such a situation can provide an insight on yourself, but mainly just creates some awesome scenarios.
My character didn't do anything but eventually fling an axe at someone's back, which i only thought was possible because i've done simmiliar things (without sharp edges involved) in RL when hyped up on adrenaline.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:36 am

What about my question about lifeforce and regeneration?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 am

Perrytheplatypus (Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:28 pm) wrote:
My character didn't do anything but eventually fling an axe at someone's back, which i only thought was possible because i've done simmiliar things (without sharp edges involved) in RL when hyped up on adrenaline.

Y'know how I said you wouldn't start off with any weapons, but would get them later on? Avalanche raised a hilarious point when I was talking to him about the RP, so I couldn't resist putting it in. It'll be clearer when you come to it, hee.

Also Perry you have no idea how tempting it is to sig the WHERE WAS HIS PENIS line XD

Fedaykin (Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:36 pm) wrote:What about my question about lifeforce and regeneration?

You can handwave the rotting if you like. Otherwise between movement, injuries and climate you'd be reduced to a skeleton very quickly. You could always assume that decomposition is effectively 'frozen' or goes on at a very reduced rate. Consuming lifeforces reverses the rotting, speeds up your healing and makes you look, well, healthier.

Which raises some interesting problems for you. Devouring lifeforces is a rather nasty thing to do, but if you don't do it you'll rot away, and it's the only thing that's keeping you 'alive'. Angst and drama everywhere...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:10 am

Hehehe... Oh man, Fedaykin, I'm SO casting Cure on you the first chance I have...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 am

You are such a good friend, TJ Razz You know the plus side of being undead? I don't need to sleep that much...not as you. I suggest wearing a helmet all the time after nightfall Wink

Thanks for the answer, Raya. It seems like I'm going to be one of the more complicated characters out in the field. Oh well, as long as there is cattle and other animals, I don't necessarily need to rely on intelligent food Razz I hope I can resist to have a little midnight snack,when I'm on patrol duty *grins at TJ* :3

Also, that penis line made me lough out loud at work, eyebrows were raised.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:53 am

Raya (Thu 16 Dec - 15:27) wrote:Y'know how I said you wouldn't start off with any weapons, but would get them later on? Avalanche raised a hilarious point when I was talking to him about the RP, so I couldn't resist putting it in. It'll be clearer when you come to it, hee.
Well, its not that bad that i take the axe of a dead body, right? I didn't materialize with it or something :\
Or should I lose it somewhere or something? XD

Am glad my concern for my reproductive organs amuses you all so Razz
And Fed, make sure you don't eat SPW at accident Razz

Also, would revival spells kill you? XD

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:25 am

I believe, that SPW would make me regret any attempt to feed upon him Razz I don't know, how much pain I can feel, but why take the risk? I can't promise it, though, I might revert to my ferral state, if I get too hungry.

Revival spells... I guess they wouldn't be that great for me Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 am

I'm glad my skull is almost uncrackable then :p
Makes me safe during the one-man-zombie-apocalypse XD

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:29 am

hey fed, before you get shit in your head, remember that i'm really good at solving puzzles. aight?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:36 am

As I said in the PM, you are free to control me, if I go ferral. I don't intend to backstab anyone of you, this is our great adventure as a group :3

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Since I wanted a customized weapon, I'm going to asspull it- with style. I have a bag, and it's a bag of holding- namely, a bag bigger on the inside that can hold multiple items as large as swords and bladed spears. Thing is, I don't know it. I just don't know when I'm gonna need to pull it out.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top