Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm

td260 wrote:I've participated where it is currently canon to have a man named TD260 running around. It's gotten to the point where I'm so comfortable talking about the character, I've had to rewrite GB posts because I wrote TD every time I said keith. We also have a horse named senor poopy water. I don't think someone named suicide angel is gonna look out of place.
Uguu~

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:33 pm

¿Señior Poopy Water? wrote:
td260 wrote:I've participated where it is currently canon to have a man named TD260 running around. It's gotten to the point where I'm so comfortable talking about the character, I've had to rewrite GB posts because I wrote TD every time I said keith. We also have a horse named senor poopy water. I don't think someone named suicide angel is gonna look out of place.
Uguu~

The hell does Uguu~ mean?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Oh right, I always forget that no one knows what that it. For all intents and purposes it means D'aw... kind of.

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:42 pm

lawl, point taken td - I'm in then

Name: Suicide

Race: "Angel" (Winged Human)

Appearance - My Avatar with Grey wings lol Short, shaggy brown hair, moderate height, brown eyes

Prefered Weapons - Staved Blades (Polearms, Halberds, ect) but Best with Scythe

Personality - That one character that you suspect knows he's in a game (and is one of teh main characters) - Takes foolish risks, and generally takes a humorus attitude towards the adventure. Oddly loose with his morals for an angel lol Unaligned but leaning towards Chaotic Unaligned if there is such a thing lol Likes chaos

Learns: Flight rather early, and Light-based magic later. Mostly a melee attacker however.

Misc: May or may not turn evil ;D Seeks out the The 7 Crystals. Also a Legendary Weapon. Someone else can handle the trapped Princesses and scattered Stars. And has theme music™.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Name: TD260

Race: Human
Appearance: Me, wearing a baseball cap with PTC+FIRST on the front, with a triforce pin and a NASA pin on it.
Preferred weapon: Swords, Bladed Quaterstaff.
Abilities: current:
Spark
Overclock
future:
Zeus's Legacy
Thor's Strike
Storm's fury
Whiplash

Alternate future:
???
???
???
???
???

Personality: Flitting between energetic and outgoing to withdrawn and solemn, TD provides both lightheartedness and severity- however, has a tenancy to be quite pessimistic. Has a strong sense of duty, justice, and often is compelled to be chivalrous, despite common sense.

Misc: Emotions change lightning/wall powers. Rage = dark red lightning, throws off many sparks, and increase power- however may create violent energy that he cannot control. Emoness creates a bluish to blackish lightning, which drains the spirit of those around it- including the wielder. frequent usage of both emo mode and raeg mode will result in a personality corruption, unleashing the dark side he was fighting for so long.; Dark TD is both sadistic and insane, deriving great pleasure from other's pain. if Dark TD is ever released, it is never for very long, but for the short time he is free, the effects can be devastating.

Last edited by td260 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I know I shouldn't... but RPGs have always been my weakness. so I'm in.

Name: TJ

Race: Human

Appearance: Classic Red Mage outfit from Final Fantasy, complete with hat + feather.

Weapon: Broadsword/longsword/Bow/Axe/Hammer/Dice (This is Red Mage after all) Mostly just broadsword though.

Abilities:
Level 1 (9) Fire, Cure, Thunder
Level 2 (2) - - -
Level 3 (0) - - -

Personality: I'm a bit of a people pleaser, a mediator. I don't like confrontations within a group, but if it's monsters I'll take 'em down.

Misc: Basically, my character is going to be me, as if after this post I were drawn in. So I might be a teensy bit confused, but as soon as we get our first random encounter and I see the ATB gauge (And there WILL be one) I think I might settle down and perhaps level-grind...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:24 pm

SuicideAngel wrote:
Misc: May or may not turn evil ;D Seeks out the The 7 Crystals. Also a Legendary Weapon. Someone else can handle the trapped Princesses and scattered Stars. And has theme music™.
What 7 crystals...?

Also, holy magic Batman! There are a boatload of mages and clerics in this here party. I think I'm the only one that doesn't have a single spell or has plans to have spells. I better be buffed the math out at all times :p

Edit, I take that back. Snake and Minby don't use magic either.

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Hey, I'm a Red Mage, I can do it all! Wear heavy armour, swing heavy swords... Well I can't cast the biggest spells, but I can cast up to level... six was it?

Shoot, now I have to replay FF I to get the stats for Red Mage down...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:32 pm

td260 wrote:Spw seems like the most intrresting character so far.
After years of playing rpgs with this man, let me say, Senior Poopy Water is the only man I have ever known to excel at character creation.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:45 am

awesome, good to see people like this and make some interesting chars. As for Suicide, imma let Raya have a word with you, since she's in charge of all good stuff. Though i can tell you right now: You cant just start as an Angel, that would be too cool. As i said to reqiuem, give your char room to grow, and not just to the darkside.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:49 am

Yeah, I can't help myself from giving myself broken stats, so to make up for it, I never use magic.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:14 am

I'm glad you're all keen on it Smile A bit of feedback...

Snake: Can you clarify on deception? Do you just mean you're good at verbally bending the truth?

Requiem: That's...better than your first post. As Ansem mentioned before the point of this game is that you play yourself, sucked into an RPG world, not your own character. Plus your abilities are a little overpowered at the start. Think of all the console RPGs you've played- how many characters at the start have Instant Death spells? It's something that has to be earned. If you work hard during the game you could probably unlock your full potential and learn how to do that, but not at the start. Otherwise you'd just steamroll over everything.

Quaetam: Personally I do hope you can join. I think you'd help the group dynamic a lot.

Viero: Doesn't really matter. Your character will likely evolve as the story goes on anyway.

Minby: I don't think Shoggoths tend to have eyes to stare into Razz I do like your character though.

SPW: Hooray, finally, a non-human character! An awesome one to boot XD There's going to be so much fun with this...

Suicide: Again, as Ansem said, you won't start off as a pure angel as that will be too overpowered. I was discussing this with Sah last night regarding his own character; although I'm fine with you having angelic heritage, being a full angel is far too OTT. Also, 7 crystals? What are you talking about? I'll probably discuss this with you over PM.

Funnily enough though I was planning on an NPC race of winged humans, so you two should have some fun with that, heh.

TD260: I misread Grom as Groin at first. Could you also explain what your future abilities do?

TJ: If you're going to be able to use multiple weapons you won't be nearly as good at using them as everyone else. Again, balance. Although what you said about your first random encounter is the exact sort of thing I was aiming for!

I was considering going mage myself, but after seeing how magic heavy we are I might have to focus on physical damage a bit more Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:20 am

Im gonna assume no feedback is good feedback Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:24 am

I talk to you on MSN anyway. You know I'm happy with your char ^^

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:28 am

we're both happy with your char, eheheheheh.....

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:29 am

Ok... Lightning lvl 1 is just a small bolt of lightning fired from my hand. That will raise in level and power as I grow. Current control is controlling/creating an electrical current, wall is a wall- the other walls are just me being bored, they are the improvements to the wall spell. Zeus's legacy is a summon spell- I summon a spear made of lightning, to be thrown, or used like a spear. Thor's strike is a spell imbuning the current weapon with lightning element magic, and making it strike harder. Best used during a bludgeon, like a hammer. (Thor's hammer, lol) Storm's fury summons a small storm to pour hell and death down upon my enemies with intermitten lightning, and whiplash is a whip made out of lightning.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 am

Ansem wrote:we're both happy with your char, eheheheheh.....

oh dear......I feel I should be terrified.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:57 am

oh, im going to clear something up, about those 7 crystals, and other things.
It's a world on its own, not a combination of different RPG worlds mashed together. We alter it with each and every character you guys create, cause we want you all to fit in, but we will make some bounds. For instance, guns are a no go. No guns, pistols or gunblades. Lol, Opera doesnt know the word gunblades. it does now!

second, i think the 7 crystals thing was a bit of a metaphor, saying that he'd rather do the selfish, powergaining quests than the world saving ones. Thats cool, there are those ofcourse. But you'll have to find them ingame. Oh, and there are gods. you'll have to find those ingame as well. we didn't include those in the opening post because we dont want to focus too much on them, since i made them and it's too fucking huge to explain in an intro post, so if anyone wants to do something with gods, either PM me before the start or go searching ingame.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Name:
Perry

Race:
Faun

Appearance:
Perry has dark long hair, curling to his shoulders, and clear blue eyes. His fringe covers his right eye most of the time.
He recently grew a goatee, before being pulled into Dragnia, and the irony of his race-change didn't pass him by.

His legs had been replaced by those of a goat, covered in black hair that goes up to his navel. His feet turned into massive split hooves, standing firm onto the ground. Out of his forehead sprout 2 large horns, splitting up with one end going up and the other bending backwards over his head till a few inches past his ears.
His build has become quite muscular, compared to his life before, which he thinks is because Faun's walk around shirtless most of the time. He doesn't complain.
Perry stands 6'9" tall, but gains an extra few inches if he stretches his crooked goat legs.

Preferred weapon: Being badass, Perry has a favor for Axes.

Abilities:

His nature as a Faun gives perry the power over sound, as they haunted and guided lone travelers in the wilds with theirs. Perry's disdain and inexperience in them, however, makes them more harmfull than anything.
Using high and low notes, perry can create either piercing and slicing vibrations or powerfull shockwaves. In the beginning, he'll need a flute, yet once he becomes more powerfull he'd be able to create enough power behind the sound with just by whistling.'

His new appearance also granted him incredibly strong legs, making him able to run faster and jump incredibly far, and a rockhard skull.

Personality:
Perry is an honest and straight up guy, and usually rather laid-back and easy going. He often wandered off in his own imagination, so his coming to Dragnia felt like a dream come true... except for the goat-bits. He usually let people go their own way with things, unless it's something he cares about.

His change in race, changed part of his personality aswell. Being part animal, he's become terribly direct and intuitive in his approach of things. If he could force his way through things, he would. He responds impulsive and doesn't always think things through.
He tries to balance between his human and recently new animal counterpart, yet they don't always match. He'll always offer a listening ear, but only if they'd be willing to listen to his opinions aswell.
Indifference is a major pet-peeve of his.

Misc:
Perry can't stand whistling or an blow-instrument.

Barbaric Goat ftw Very Happy

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Sounds more like a Minotaur, but still pretty cool. We'll be like brothers.

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Because ansem said not to, edited out a few things in my character. Proficient in bladed quarterstaff, quarter staff and swords, and now knows "Lightning rider"

"Lightning rider" is a buff- ups speed slightly at first level, subsequent levels add armor buffs, armor crafted from lightning etc.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Name: Viero

Race: Human/Darkling

Appearance: Human form - Green eyes, Long black/brown hair, Glasses, Dark purple outfit

Pretty much like this but without the breast plates and the mask thing.

Darkling(explain in the misc section) - Pure black skin with a tint of blue, Dark glowing red eyes.

Preferred weapon: Using the shadows as my weapon that starts off weak and the amount of shadows I can control at one time limited and grows as the story goes on.
Abilities: Starts off with a small shadow ball blast and small control over shadows in general.
Spells I can learn: Shadow Sword (Make a few swords from shadows and use them to fight)
Blind: Covers a area in shadows blinding every one in it.
Dark Summoning: Summons monsters to do my bidding.

Personality: (Just because it fits better. I am going to use my personality outside of the forum) Likes to be alone most of the time, Does not talk a lot, loves to think and plan things out in his head. Like to duel with his friends and random people. But is loyal to his friends and will help them in times of need. Even if the goals of his friends are evil.

Misc: Is stronger in the night time then day time. Darkling is a stronger temporary form of Viero when he absorbs enough shadows in his travels.
In the Darkling form he is pretty much stronger in everything but is 3 times as effected by the sun meaning if he goes out into the sun meaning he would be weaker then his normal form so he must be very careful when going into it.

(usually I like to make fantasy characters as I find them more fun to make (The Terrabeing) But I enjoyed making this guy. Very Happy )

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Hmmm... Is he going to yell "DARNKNEEEEEEEESSS"?

Jk, lol. Smile

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Raya wrote:

Snake: Can you clarify on deception? Do you just mean you're good at verbally bending the truth?

Indeed. Since we are playing ourselves, my greatest power is the ability to get out of situations. Mostly verbal, it can also apply to physical (I.E. Stealth)

I don't have a specific leveling up, but my powers increase as I get to know you guys, the enemy, and my own body.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:05 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:my powers increase as I get to [...] my own body.
Jeez, is this an RPG or a coming of age book? Razz

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top