Post  Ansem on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Lloid, some respect.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- setup thread

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh, and TD, he can only do that is someone else shouts "SUNLIIIIIIIIGHT! Very Happy "

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:22 pm

... Dammit, I wnet for my lightning buils instead of my light setup. That wouldn't have worked though, guns are disallowed.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Talked with Raya - I never meant to be a real angel, that's why the Description of angel was in quotation marks x-x Raya's PM gave me some Ideas tho so I can build off partially angelic pretty well. As for teh Crystals and all that, Only Legendary Weapon was meant to be taken mildly seriously - The rest are RPG cliche'd Quests inserted for Lawls Razz Sorry about that lol

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Name: Omicron

Race: Human

Appearance: Basic, brown/blonde hair, standard clothes. Picture me as you'd like, really. I'm just your standard guy, about 5 foot, 9 inches.

Preferred weapon: Longbow

Abilities: Generic flame magic, or more specifically, heat magic. Capable of a lot of things, which will progress and be elaborated throughout the RP.

Weaknesses: Coming into contact with water is painful and burns the skin; I also don't require water to drink. However, I require significantly more food than the average person, and using my powers increases this fact exponentially.

Personality: Rarely in a bad mood, but also rarely ecstatic. I'm a very neutral person at all times, and don't show that much emotion. I'm also a very thoughtful person that keeps to himself and thinks, while using logic wherever it can be applied. Extremely dedicated to self improvement, and open to new things.

Last edited by Qmicron Austin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:53 pm

¿Señior Poopy Water? wrote:Sounds more like a Minotaur, but still pretty cool. We'll be like brothers.
Hoove bump!...

And I know that being that tall and going with the axe and all that, a minotaur would've made more sense. But I found the whole, ability having to do with whistling and stuff, while hating whistling, was funny.
So I'm a bit of a freak Faun :p Just like im a bit of a freak human... :\

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:15 am

Perrytheplatypus wrote:
¿Señior Poopy Water? wrote:Sounds more like a Minotaur, but still pretty cool. We'll be like brothers.
Hoove bump!...

And I know that being that tall and going with the axe and all that, a minotaur would've made more sense. But I found the whole, ability having to do with whistling and stuff, while hating whistling, was funny.
So I'm a bit of a freak Faun :p Just like im a bit of a freak human... :\
I can dig it

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:52 am

Perrytheplatypus wrote:

Misc:
Perry can't stand whistling

Oh yeah, I remember that Razz I sense shenanigans comming up

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:15 am

Eh what the hell I'll give this a shot

Name: Weldar

Race: Just a plain old human here

Appearance: Tall, skinny, dark hair. Clad in dark robe's who's exact tint seem to reflect the light and ever so slightly match the colour of the surroundings.

Preferred weapon: Hmm, let's go with knives

Abilities: Basic illusionary magic. The ability to hide in the shadows. Both of these improve as levels grow, the hiding in shadows eventually becomes the ability to go totally invisible but only for short quick bursts (like a second or so) allowing him to flicker and move unpredictably. Also gains mindfuckery, the power to get into people's head and fuck with them, depending on the strength of their mind. Mess with their thoughts, screw with their perception of reality, even manipulate and take control of weaker minds at higher levels.
Fighting style revolves around moving sneakily and confusing/distracting the opponent to get in close and hit hard.

Personality: Surprisingly friendly considering the powers really. A bit quiet and analytical (spends a lot of time scanning and squinting at things)

Misc: Mainly concerned with figuring what the hell is actually going on here and how this is really happening. Levels up so to speak by learning, observing and most importantly of all figuring confusing stuff out. Oh and also have an extreme irrational fear of toads, just to throw a strange real trait of mine in here. I'm sure that could be fun somehow. Razz

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:27 pm

After talking with Ansem, we've decided not to drop anyone but include you all Very Happy We figured we'd take the risk as having 2 GMs would make it easier to handle. However, we're still a little concerned about a few characters. To prevent the game being disrupted if you're just half-assing it or powergaming we'll give you a warning. If you're still wrecking things we'll kill you off, and probably not in a noble way either. It sounds harsh, but it's the best way to ensure that a game this large doesn't go out of control and that everyone can participate.

We just need to hammer out a few more details between us, then we'll start the game!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Sweet. Will be fun Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:28 pm

If DRTJR Powerplays at any time this game, my character Snake will personally kill his character DRTJR.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:21 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:If DRTJR Powerplays at any time this game, my character Snake will personally kill his character DRTJR.

Any paticular reason it's DRTJR?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:24 pm

td260 wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:If DRTJR Powerplays at any time this game, my character Snake will personally kill his character DRTJR.

DRTJR created a character at Lemuras Gate who initially had six or seven guns or something.

EDIT: Oh, and tackled a Deer at full speed, then killed with with a knife.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Also Snake has a history of killing DRTJR for little good reason.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Expect a character from me this weekend, gave some thought in it.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Ansem wrote:
td260 wrote:

DRTJR created a character at Lemuras Gate who initially had six or seven guns or something.

Oh right, that was him.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Raya wrote:After talking with Ansem, we've decided not to drop anyone but include you all Very Happy We figured we'd take the risk as having 2 GMs would make it easier to handle. However, we're still a little concerned about a few characters. To prevent the game being disrupted if you're just half-assing it or powergaming we'll give you a warning. If you're still wrecking things we'll kill you off, and probably not in a noble way either. It sounds harsh, but it's the best way to ensure that a game this large doesn't go out of control and that everyone can participate.

We just need to hammer out a few more details between us, then we'll start the game!

If there's a problem with my "character sheet," I'll revise it. I'm bad at describing personality before actually DOING a personality, though, so I imagine my character will just...happen.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:20 am

Ansem wrote:
td260 wrote:

Yeah...this sort of thing will be greatly frowned upon. Although you guys are all supposed to be the heroes I'm not having the game turn into a powergaming fapfest. That's boring. Half the fun is you learning how to control your abilities and trying to stop a seemingly unstoppable foe. Wiping out every encounter with the flick of your wrist is lazy and unimaginative. Remember, although you now have all these strange powers, you're still you.

Omicron Austin wrote:
If there's a problem with my "character sheet," I'll revise it. I'm bad at describing personality before actually DOING a personality, though, so I imagine my character will just...happen.

Don't worry. Although it's threadbare you've covered all the basics. People are going to flesh themselves out as the story progresses anyway.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 am

How will we go about getting to know what to change about our characters? Does it get posted here or talked over through PM/IM?

I'd like some input/feedback about my character myself XD I always get a bit carried away.
And are you going to play aswell, Raya? or just moderating it?

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:27 am

If we think you need feedback, we'll give you feedback perr Wink

That means your char is good to go, off ya go laddy.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:28 am

Name: Mort(Fedaykin before resurrection)

Race: Undead Human aka Zombie

Appearance: Long brown robes, brown leather gloves, cowl, face mask. The eyes have an unnatural orange glow, skin around them is very pale. Wears the robes at all time.

Preferred Weapon: Staff and daggers

Abilities: In his former life, Fedaykin was a thief, not the best around, but decent enough to get some risky jobs. One job was the theft of an artefact in the posession of a Necromancer...and he failed and paid with his life. The Necromancer took this opportunity and raised him as mindless minion, who needed to do his every bidding. During one of his experiments, the bond between them was seperated and Fed went ferral, clawing his former master to death and consumed his brain. After that, Fed passed out for a day or so and when he awoke, he regained his memories and selfawareness. But there is more to that: he now remembers some parts of the Necromancer's life, gained some of his knowledge and abilities. He is not the man he used to be, so he changed it to Mort, seeing the irony in this.

Basically, if Mort eats someones brain, he gains that person's abilities/memories to some extent. However, consuming is very stressfull, keeping all that inflow of informations in check. He doesn't like doing it, only in dire situations(he hasn't consumed anyone else since the death of the Necromancer). As a backlash, memories and visions of the life of one of the consumed may overwhelm him at situations he should better stayed focused. Plus, he needs to consume lifeforce from time to time to keep selfaware. He doesn't starve, but he goes ferral again, until he is either stopped or consumed enough lifeforce to regain selfawareness(lifeforce can be drained from slain foes or animals,plants do not give the right vibes).

He has gained a basic understanding of Necromancy, such as reanimating people for a short amount of time or summoning spirits. As a level-up, knowledge from the Necromancer can be unlocked to improve his abilities and learning how to control the absorbed memories.

Personality: He used to have a helpful nature, but many people do not want help from a Zombie. This made him a bit bitter, but he still helps out when needed. He has a rather black humour and likes sarcasm and irony, but tries to not insult others. He carries a bag of parfumes with him too cloud his unnatural smell when people are around, personal hygiene becomes kinda secondary when you are already dead(consuming lifeforce prevents rotting,though).

Well, I hope you like it, feedback is appreciated Smile

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 am

Feday, that's awesome! Can't wait to see how your guy turns out.

Edit: Wait, are we going to know eachother from the forums, or are we total strangers?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:06 am

I'mma guess that's gonna get hit like mine did, with the history of necromancy/thief/etc. It's supposed to be you, as in no outstanding super-history, just our own lives, in your case, human turned into a zombie upon arrival to the game

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top