Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Fedaykin stared at the tubes for a while, reflecting on the recent events. No, there could be no doubt left. These two...things were Nyall and Meneon. Tidbits of memories lingered still in his soul, but didn't try to overtake them. Somehow, they were made his own, didn't feel like infections.

He had incorporated the memories in his soul, in his very essence. For instance, a bit of Nyall's knowledge on Undead had passed unto him. Fedaykin now perfectly knew, that he hadn't been transformed into a mere Zombie, but a Lich. An undead creature, that has still its own will and didn't need a Necromancer to draw power from. No, it has its own supply on life force, but also had to resupply it by itself. Hence, the hunger, neverending, always demanding, never ceasing.

Fed understood, that it had been very foolish of him, to imaple himself on that damn sword. This stupid move had cost him a large amount of his energy, giving the memories...spirits, perhaps... of the mages an opportunity to strike against their dreaded host. This marble plane was a metaphor for his own subconsciousness. The mists had broken through a rather weak defense...but now Fedaykin knew, what was going on.

Slowly, the lone soul strode in circles around the tubes, pondering. Sure, they were contained for now, but what would happen, if they broke free again, unchecked? This was not to be, by all costs. An idea blossomed. The lightning, that had imprisioned the foul fogs, had been summoned by himself through his powerful emotions. So, he had the ability to change things here...

The floor started rumbling. Next to the tubes, walls made of marble started to rise out of the ground, bound by a ferocius will. Like a fluid untouched by gravity, the floor engulfed the space around the imprisioned memories, errecting itself into a small fort-like structure, all with gates, windows and battlements. Perfect. There was the prison, but guards were needed to. A solution was at hand, though. Fedaykin search deep inside himself for his strongest emotions...and found them. Bending them to his will, he created mist-like bodies for them and filled them from his inner into their new vessels, still connected to him, but able to operate as individuals, protecting the subconsciousness from attacks.

When he finished, he saw a dozen wraith-like figures in front of him, each one having a pair of glowing red eyes, waiting for commands. "Obey me, any time and any order. Guard me, from interior and exterior dangers. Be ever vigilante!" Fed shouted at them. As soon as he finished, pain filled him once more. He cringed, fell on his knees, gaze skywards.

The image of Ansem filled the void. He was fiddling around with something, that looked like a giant puzzle. The Dutch was pulling on a black pin....and the sky reacted, as if it were connected to said pin. Another wave of pain hit him, as Ansem tried to put a white pin into the gap. A strong wind knocked Fedaykin to the side, as the sky started whirling, gaining momentum. Finally, the guardians reacted. They gazed at the sky, sending intense, colourswitching beams of light at Ansem's face. The screams of the champions reached a crescendo.

The Lich opened his eyes at the same time as Ansem.

"Ansem...what happened, did you...why were you..."
"Doesn't matter, does it? You're awake, we need to move, can you walk?"
"Yeah, I'll manage."

Fed slowly rose to his feet, sobbing silently, as he noticed the missing of his heartbeat once more. The others had begun marching, nobody seemed to be in the mood for talking, avoiding him a bit, even. This saddened him even more. But there was something, he could try at least. His gaze searched for Raya, maybe she would be willing to listen.

Last edited by Fedaykin on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Ansem tried his best to follow the conversation between the talkative, or rather, not so talkative NPCs conversing about their upcoming task. When Vandir emerged from his war council, Ansem stepped up and confronted him.
"So, what the hell was that about, are we going to see the King or Duke or whatever?"
Vandir frowned and looked at the faces of the other champions.
"No need, we're going to the battlefield this night, and once we help them, the Generals will take care of the alliance. We'll be done tonight, and we can go to Leknaat."
Ansem gave the man a sceptic look. He wondered if it was his Character, or just his face, but Vandir always had this confident look, he knew what to do and how to do it, and always saw the bright side of everything. He decided to give it a rest, as did most of the others. They scattered trough the camp, everyone minding their own business. Ansem wanted to think they were grieving for Spont in their own way, but it wouldn't be like that. How could they grieve for someone they met on the internet, only spoke with trough text, and once they saw him, he was a little robot. Still he tried his best.

Sidestep the enemy, duck underneath the swing and stab. Repeat. Repeat again. Attacking a dummy was easy enough. Again and again. Stab the wooden body, go faster and faster. But with every step, the question dawned. Why didn't this feel any different from the time he stabbed the soldier. He didn't feel anything. No remorse, contempt, hatred. And if he was right, then the soldiers did not feel anything themselves. Just like the wooden thing. Fuck this. What was this even for? Like he was made to stab things. The Taint was strong enough to kill, he didn't need the claw anymore. But what if the Taint was evil? Maybe he should just ask someone, confide in someone. Raya. Or Avalanche? Bingo, White mage at 4 'o clock.

Ansem approached Avalanche when he left the Doctor's, with a weird feeling in his stomach, like when you go up a roller-coaster. Was this really a good idea? Well, we'll just have to figure it out.
"Hey Roy, can i talk to you for a minute?"
"Yeah sure man, we can just do it in Dutch, you know that right?"
"mhm, but somehow English feels more natural in this world, weird huh? Let's go in here."
They walked into a tent, filled with crates and barrels. Ansem opened one, they contained food and other supplies for the camp. Luckily, boxes can be used as chairs nowadays. Roy came in as well and sat down on one of them.
"So, what do you wanted to talk about? I'll try to help."
"Thanks. Well, here goes. I've sort of figured out what ability i got from the summoning..."
Roy sat up and smiled.
"Cool, so what is it?"
"Well, i'm not really sure. I think it's Necromancy."
Roy's smile was replaced by a puzzled look. Necromancy was widely known in almost every game as a bad magic, Necromancers were villains, and the creating of undead was just...wrong.
"It has to do something with Taint, i don't really know what kind of Taint it is, but it can flow either from me or from my enemies. It's like a power source, it can be used for all kinds of things."
Roy thought for a minute.
"It seems like you're getting the hang of it pretty fast. So it must like, sort of appeal to you. How does it feel when you use it?"
"Thats the thing, i don't really feel bad, the Taint is really sticky and nasty, but at the same time, Power just feels awesome. But it puts me to thinking...Necromancy is evil. Does that make me evil?"
Roy folded his arms and thought more deeply this time.
"Well, Evil is a point of view. It can very well be possible to be a goodguy while using necromancy, as long as you don't go out of control, like Fedaykin almost did. Think you can control it?"
"Im sure of it."
"Well then, maybe you should rely less on your magic, and more on your fighting. But i'll keep an eye on you anyways, just to be sure. Want me to tell the others?"
Ansem jumped off the crate and walked to the exit.
"I'd rather you didn't. I don't wanna upset them, especially Raya. She's having a hard time i guess, and i made her be a leader, so i don't want to burden her any more. Ok?"
"Sure man, no problems. What're you going to do till we, you know, 'head off'?"
"As you said, i need to rely more on fighting. So i'm going to train, wanna join me?"
"Eh, why not."
"cool, i

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:45 pm

The camp was heaving with activity in preparation for the night's march. Final drills were taking place, weapons sharpened, portable war machines checked and rechecked. The soldiers were in fairly high spirits, the occasional tankard of dwarven ale being passed around to bawdy barrack-room ballads. If the Highlanders were afraid they put on a good show at hiding it.

Raya slipped back inside the tent that had she'd managed to persuade the officers to designate as hers for the evening. It was small, it was crap, but at least it gave her some degree of privacy. The thick material muffled the sounds outside and gave her a chance to think. At first arriving in the camp had been rather exciting. She wargamed a lot as a hobby anyway, and now here was the chance to do it in real life! She could be a literal general, directing the units, springing traps, leading glorious charges to victory...it would be fantastic!

Then the reality of the situation began to seep in. She was tired, she was sore, she had literally just slain another person and now they were about to enter a full-blown-goddamn warzone where she and her friends were very likely to get killed. Speaking of which...

She told herself she shouldn't feel as awful as she did. After all, she had barely known Spont. But she still considered him a friend, and watching him get murdered like that was just...no, no, they couldn't have done anything. How were they to know that Spont would charge forward like that? How could they have expected the soldiers to react so swiftly and brutally? It had all happened so fast that there was no chance to react. Well, that was what she kept telling herself. It made her feel less of a terrible failure.

Raya sighed and threw herself down on the narrow cot provided, staring at the surprisingly grimy ceiling. She was starting to think she really should find someone to share her worries with. But how was she to do that? They'd elected her leader so she'd have to lead by example. If she started freaking out and showing weakness the others would lose their faith in her. No, she had to keep up the appearance that everything was fine, that she was strong enough to cope with whatever was thrown at them. Otherwise if the group went to pieces, how on earth would they ever get home?

So who then? Perhaps Avalanche? They got on well together and she was fairly certain he could be trusted to keep a secret. But knowing him he'd take it to heart, and when it all fell apart he'd suffer badly. She'd rather not inflict that on him. How about Ansem then? He certainly had the ego and the spirit to keep on going, and seemed capable enough to take care of himself. Then again he was easily distracted by anything with two X chromosomes. Could she rely on him to not turn his head whenever pleasures of the flesh offered their temptations?

Urgh, this was a nightmare. She wasn't sure how long she lay there mentally listing off everybody's circumstances, but when a rapping on the side of her tent broke her reverie the light had already begun to dim. A familiar if somewhat disquieting head poked its way round the flap.

"Mind if I come in?" asked Fedaykin.

"Hmm? Sure, sure, come in." She sat up and swung her feet off the bed "What can I do for you, Fed?"

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Soon after the group had arrived at the camp, Sahrimnir went away to think in solitude.

I've killed someone. Well, I had to. They were attacking us. But still, I killed him with my own hands. What’s happened to me? I’m a pacifist! At least I was a pacifist…

Isn't this what I wanted, though? When we were told about our mission, I was happy for the chance to be a hero. Of course it would include killing. I just didn’t really think about it until now…

Also, why couldn’t I heal Vandir? I healed Berk’s broken leg, didn’t I? It was broken, wasn’t it? Maybe I was tired? Maybe I need more practice? The healers in this camp could probably use some help.

Sahrimnir went to the medical tent. He was greeted by a man in white doctor-like clothes.

“Can I help you?” the doctor asked.

“I was thinking maybe I could help you,” Sahrimnir responded. “I need to practise my healing powers.”

“Well, we’ve got many injured, so help would be appreciated.”

Sahrimnir’s first patient was a guy who had lost his hand. Sahrimnir tried very hard to restore the lost hand, but nothing happened.

“I’m sorry. I can’t do it. Maybe I could start with something easier?”

“Okay”, the doctor answered him. “We’ll have Monta check on this guy when he gets time.”

While restoring lost limbs was out of his range, Sahrimnir soon discovered that smaller wounds were quite easy to heal and became even easier the more he did it.

Now this feels good. I’m healing people. I’m doing something purely good. I can’t heal any serious damage yet, but I probably just need more practice. Until then, I’m sure Avalanche can take care of it. He seems to be getting the hang of healing.

Suddenly Sahrimnir heard the doctor’s voice.

“You’ve been working without rest for hours. Maybe you should take a break?”

“Now that you mention it, I am getting kind of tired.”

Sahrimnir lay down on a hospital bed and closed his eyes for a second.

“There, now I’m rested. Let’s keep working.”

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 am

Finding that his voice was responded to with silence, he realized that none of the others really worked with swords. He shook his head and walked away from them. He didn't really need a sword anyway to be honest. He stabbed the sword into the ground and continued walking, leaving it behind. He remembered passing a place where soldiers were sparring and training. It would be a good place for him to figure things out, if he could find somebody to spar with.

He walked over to the brute of a man and watched him for a moment before speaking "Scusi, but, do you suppose you could give me a hand?" He asked politely. The large man turned and looked up and down Requiem's body, measuring him out.
"Go stand on that line, and take off your gloves, you're not going to need them." The man told him in a booming voice, pointing to a place about ten feet away from him.
Requiem nodded and did as he was told. He was hesitant to remove the gauntlets, but decided that they were safe enough in the camp. Setting them down, he looked over to the man who was also unnarmed. "You fight with your hands, which is not the safest style to do, tell me, how well do you know how to stop a sword from taking off your head?" The man asked Requiem.
"Well... I usually just duck or try to dodge it" He responded, not sure really what the man was getting at.
The man smirked, which was something that didn't really look all that pleasant on the mans extremely scarred up face. "I see. I'm going to show you a way so that you won't need to. I'm going to show you how to break their weapons, shatter armor, and remain unscathed." He continued.
Requiem remained unsure on this, after all, the man was covered in scars. As though reading his mind, the man laughed "These scars are the result of years of combat and learning. Don't mind them any, I haven't been hit in a very long time" He looked over Requiem a moment longer "Show me your combat stance"
Requiem complied, feeling a tad bit silly. The man nodded looking him over. "Um... if you don't mind, why does my stance matter?" Requiem asked, wanting to stand normally again.
"Keep yourself lower to the ground, and loosen your body up" The man told him, ignoring his question completely. "Your body is too tense"
Requiem sighed, realizing that he'd brought this on himself by asking for help. Suddenly the mans fist connected with Requiem's chest, sending him back about five feet. Requiem pulled himself up again with a groan as the man laughed "Good! You're holding the ground rather well for your first try" He told him "Now stand on the line and return to the position I told you to, but try to keep yourself grounded better"
Requiem growled quietly but did as he was told. After a few tries, he was surprised to find that the man couldn't push him. The man laughed proudly "Good! It usually takes weeks to master that, but I suppose the chosen ones should be expected to learn rather quickly" The man looked at him for another moment "Alright then" He said picking up a sword "Dodge me"
Requiem didn't even have time to let out any form of confusion or disapproval, because he immediately rolled underneathe the swing of a large sized blade nearly lopping off his head. "Ah! Dude! What the hell?" He exclaimed after moving himself out of the blades reach "A little warning next time, ya?" He asked in both surprise and fear. The man simply laughed and lunged forward at him. Requiem didn't have time to duck out of the way, so he instead caught the blade by it's side and gave a sharp twist, bending the blade sideways and rendering it useless.
The man looked at the blade and smiled widely, revealing two rows of broken teeth. "You did it, you learned how to break a weapon with your bare hands" He threw the sword to the side "Now all that's left is to teach you to shatter armor" He said with a wink.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:40 pm

When you have a job in health care, you learn to read the subtle signs of emotions. On the other hand, you don't need to be an expert to tell, that Raya had seen better days. The recent events had taken a toll on her, as they have on everybody in the group. Spont's sudden and brutal death lingered like a curse in the back of everybody's mind, in one way or another. Despite that, she seemed to manage well. A flair of selfconfidence surrounded her, as she sat there, arms crossed in front of her chest, head tilt slightly to the side, mustering the nightly intruder. Fedaykin felt, that he might not have chosen the best time to come to her, but was impressed by her calm attitude. 'If that woman had balls, they would be made of steel', he thought. Well, now or never, pull it off.

"Thank you, Raya. I know, it's kinda late, but...well...being our leader and so on, I guess there are some things you should know about me and my...way of life." With those words, he took a seat vis-à-vis, the hood cloaking his facial features. The unnatural orange glow of his eyes was visible though, as the Undead locked his gaze with hers. One of her eyebrows went up a bit, expressing interest and curiosity. "Is that so? Please, go on, give me the full details!" She paused for a moment, reconsidering. "On second thought, don't. You know, which ones I'd rather avoid talking about."

Fed sighed silently. "I understand, that my table manners are a bit on the unusal side, but please trust me on that, it is nothing I enjoy. I don't even really taste..." Another raised eyebrow reminded him, not to pursue that topic further. "Oh...sorry. See, I never had the chance to really speak about that part with someone. Coping with the knowledge, that you have to feed on living beings to continue being yourself is not an easy task. I have to hunt to keep my energy reserves filled, else I start falling apart...on the outside and the inside. I know, this is weird, but it gets even better." Raya moved a little to find a more comfortable position, analysing the input. After a few moments of silence, she finally spoke, "I think I understand the problem. Your undead body is unable to process normal food like we do, so you need another source of energy, otherwise you slowly run out of juice. Injuries draw on this pool to heal themselves, the griever the more they need. Fed, did you realise, that you have become a gorier version of a Metroid?" A smile crossed her face, briefly. The Undead nodded and answered her with a croaky chuckle. "You said, it would get even better, if that's even possbile." She mustered his silhouette, relaxing a bit. She hadn't even noticed, that Fed's presence had her tensed up. "You certainly remember, that I was somehow knocked out after my last dinner. Well, I had a dream...sort of... Fedaykin told the story of his inner journey. How he almost succumbed to intruding memories, his struggle against them and their imprisonment. Raya proved to be a good listener, only interrupting, when she needed additional explanations. She was espacially intrigued by the incorporating of some of the memories of Nyall and Meneon. They had a short discussion about the difference between Zombie and Lich and which would better describe Fed's status. In the end, the Undead's status was elevated from mere braineater to Lich, as he wasn't controlled by another will.

"....and Meneon, that was a weird guy. He was incredibly jealous, that Vandir had managed to get into a relationship with Larissa, while he had failed. Good Lord, I have made myself a fool for women from time to time, but Meneon takes the cake. I give him credit for trying, but he didn't knew, when to stop. A frustrated fuck, that man. I haven't seen all, but it seems like he craved for attention and affection all his life, but never recieved it due to his grumpy nature. I guess, that's why he betrayed us....bastard. The only good thing about havng him inside me, is that I know now, what the hell leylines are, for what it's worth. No, don't ask, I can't explain it yet. i can't do shit with them, I guess I'd need another Geomancer to teach me a few tricks...Raya, I know, that was a lot to consider and stuff, but I have two things left on my chest, that need venting. Concerns one ouf our comrades and a personal matter. If you have enough of my talk for tonight, I..." The leader shook her head, interrupting him mid-sentence. By now, she seemed to be very tired and in need of some rest, but she didn't like to leave this business unfinished. "Fed, you can tell me now. If there is something up with one of the others, I need to know. Also, I see, that this personal matter is rather important for you. Out with it, don't hesitate, I won't bite you." There was that smile again, taking away Fed's uneasiness, giving him the feeling of being appreciated.

He took a deep, unnecessary breath and continued. "Well..it's about Ansem. I haven't had the chance to talk with him, he was busy talking with others. See, shortly before I woke up again, he was in my "dream". I saw him up in the void, where he did something. It didn't seem like he knew, what he was doing, but it hurt badly. Whatever he was trying, it made my guardians attack him. After getting up, I asked him if it had been really he, which he confirmed. I don't know, what kind of power he got. Mindcontrol perhaps, or something about corpses? I don't think, that we have to confront him yet, but I guess it is better that you know." Now it was raya's turn to take a deep, necessary breath, stroking with a hand through her hair, concentraiton turned her face into a mask made of stone. "Thank you for telling, that is vital info. I really need to think more about this matter, before I act. Now, what is that other thing you mentioned?"

"I had a lot of time to think during our march. The others weren't unfriendly, but weren't keen on my company either. I know, the shock, that Spont's death caused, runs deep, but my flipping out on Meneon didn't help either. So,I had time for pondering and I realised something. As leader, you are incredibly important for gluing us together. If you had fallen in the last battle, we would probably have splintered in the aftermath. As soon as the enemy knows about your status in our little group, you become a likely assassination target. You have to stay alive, by all means. Here's the part in which I come into play. You probably saw, that I had a sword stuck in my chest. You also see, that I am still around, kicking. Ok, I'd prefer not to have that happen again, but I am the only one with a decent chanche to endure such a hit and fight back. I see all the living things in vicinity, no living creature is able to sneak up to you, as long as I am around. Like that little spider on your pillow." He pointed at the small, harmless creature and Raya's eyes widened a tad. She took the pillow and shook the spider onto the ground, put it back and looked at Fed once again. She tilted her head once more, furrowing her brow. "What are you getting at? I have a suspicion, but I want to hear it from your mouth.", she said calmly.

"Let me be your bodyguard. I am hard to take down. I hardly need to sleep. I have the closest thing we've got to infrared-vision. I have medical education, if white magic fails. You'd have someone your age in vicinity if you need advice or another opinion. What do I gain from this? if you show, that you trust me, the others are more likely to warm up to me and my condition. To the outside, I will never be able to be a representative of our cause. My kin is not liked in these lands. My only chance, to do something worthwhile can only be accomplished by gaining trust through you. I have a few other ideas as well, but I don't want to steal more of your time right now. Seek me out, when you have decided." Before Raya was able to react, Fedaykin jumped to his feet and left the tent, venturing into the night. She briefly considered following him, but decided against it.

She had a lot to think about now and she needed to find some rest. A battle was to be fought.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Spoiler:
Placeholder, hoping to get the post up by tonight, basically just me talking to guys at the camp about my weapons and scouter.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Snake walked through camp. He wasn't invisible, but to see him you would have to have a clear mind and a strong eye. He thought about this whole situation, about what he was going to do with all these little trinkets, about these people that he had never met but long considered his friends....

"Well..it's about Ansem...."

Snake stopped and ducked against the wall of a small tent. This wasn't exactly the nicest, most proffesional thing to do, but if he shouldn't trust someone, he had every right to know why.

Fedaykin finished talking to Raya and left the tent. Taking the in-opportunity, Snake walked in, sat in Fedaykins chair, and popped into view.

"Ello there, my Limey friend. Don't worry, I wasn't ease dropping on your conversation with Fed... A lot." Raya jumped for a second, but then glared at Snake. Well, he got her attention at least. "You know, I think this whole leader Bullshit is... Bullshit. I mean, I trust you and your leadership capabilities... but this is some real shit. And you can't handle us all. I know I have never been the most... pleasant guy. Yea, big fucking whoop. But I AM trustworthy. I can turn invisible. I could have left you guys during the heat of the battle and saved myself if I wanted. But I stayed. I know the others can say the same thing, but it's a little different in this case.... But I digress. I think you need some help. I don't know if the stress has gotten to you, or if it will, but I want to be there to kick ass and take names. I never got to be a mod, but I know I can do something grand with a little power."

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Raya practically jumped out of her skin as Snake suddenly materialised in the empty chair. Perhaps materialised was the wrong word; it was more like he had been there the entire time, simply unnoticed until now. Hiding in plain sight, how typical of him.

The timing of his entrance was obviously not accidental. Just how long had he been listening in for? She pushed down that scratch of annoyance and listened as he launched into his speech, not even giving her time to interrupt. He finished and leant back in his chair, expectantly.

"Well?"

Her mind flickered back to her conversation with Fed and the wheels clicked inside her head.

"Actually Snake, there is something you can do to help." She met his gaze and held it "Your talent has always been to hide in plain sight. Apparently now physically as well as metaphorically. People spend so long expecting you to do shit that they don't notice you doing the other kinds of shit behind their backs. And that's why I think you can be of help." She leant forward conspiratorially "I want you to be my eyes and ears. There's a few people in the group I'm worried about. No, I'm not going to say who it is, that will only bias you. I want you to keep an eye on things, let me know if anything...untoward happens. I'm sure I can trust you with that, right?"

Snake couldn't disguise the look of glee that crossed his face "Why, you think they're like Meneon and in league with the Army? That they'll stab us in the back and eat our brains?"

"What? No you idiot, I'm just...concerned. If anyone starts having trouble I'd rather be able to help them before it gets worse, y'know?"

"Right." Snake's shit-eating grin clearly showed he didn't believe a word of that "I'll see what I can do, ma'am." He vanished from sight, or rather her eyes simply lost focus on him, like an image in a magic eye puzzle. God damn that was weird and creepy. She waited for a few minutes just in case another visitor decided to teleport inside, and when nothing occurred she lay back down, mind running over the two conversations.

So much for getting a rest.

---------------------

It seemed barely too soon when Vandir gathered them all together. As the Highland army prepared to march they would scout ahead of the main force. Whether the Generals thought they were capable of great feats or just wanted them out of their way nobody asked. Neither answer would have been pleasant to hear. As they saddled up Fed caught Raya's eye and raised an eyebrow. She nodded and Fed couldn't hold back breaking into a smile. They couldn't talk about it now, but that confirmation was all he needed.

The group set off. The night was black, the thin sliver of the moon doing little to illuminate the proceedings. To the party everything was a murky silhouette, barely discernable in the darkness. To Fed however the night was alive. All around them nocturnal insects glowed like a host of fireflies, their golden auras flickering like tiny specks of candlelight all around them. Far behind them the Highland army looked liked a shining puddle of sunlight against the horizon. It was stunningly beautiful, and in a way he realised that, should he ever become living again, this was something he'd miss. That thought lulled him into a thoughtful silence.

Snake eventually broke the monotonous quiet.

"Y'know what? We need to finish that mafia game."

"What're you talking about?" asked Minby.

"The one we were playing on the forum before we got sucked into this shithole. I was winning as well. Vote: Raya"

"Wait, what? What the hell did I do?"

"Avalanche is obviously the cop and you're the only person attacking him. You're mafia and anyone who doesn't agree with me is obv-mafia as well."

"That's shit logic and you know it. Vote: Snake, for trying to lead a lynch against an obvious townie."

"I agree with her," spoke up Requiem "Your logic doesn't make much sense..."

"Shut the fuck up Req, the dead don't speak."

"How does that work for me then?" mused Fed with a smile.

"I, uh...just shut up and vote for her, alright?"

"Hush," Vandir held up his hand to silence them, reining his horse to a standstill. Ahead in the murky gloom could be seen the fortified camp of the Army. It was a fairly simple affair, with multiple blocks of tents surrounded by a low wooden palisade with guard towers on each corner. Large torches dotted the fortifications, pools of light illuminating the ground around them. To the Europeans it struck them as being rather like the Roman camps they'd learnt about in history class at school. This was obviously the Army's base of operations for when they launched the inevitable assault on Highland.

"This is the camp we need to break,." whispered Vandir to no one in particular "Once we secure this stronghold the rest of the way will be clear. So, what're your plans?"

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Avalanche walked alongside Vandir, not sure what to think of the mission they were supposed to undertake. He didn’t get the feeling the Highlanders were as impressed with their appearance as the Wyndians were. They had been largely ignored in the camp.
Avalanche also was annoyed by the fact that the white mage at camp was far too busy to explain the mechanics of their magic. Was it really just magic? Did a wizard do it? Avalanche observed his staff. He had healed himself without it, but it felt……better to use it. Was it a amplifier?
Vandir slapped him against the back of his head. ”Chin up kid.” he said while observing the other champions.
Snake tried bringing up the mafia game up again, and as one of the 2 remaining mafians, Avalanche decided to stay quiet, unable to silence a snicker.

They came to a sudden halt, as lights appeared in the distance. It reminded Avalanche of the sketches of roman army camps he had seen in primary school. There were soldiers there no doubt. Significantly more than Meneon had with him.
"This is the camp we need to break,." whispered Vandir to no one in particular "Once we secure this stronghold the rest of the way will be clear. So, what're your plans?"

Most people looked at Vandir in awe. THEY had to think of a strategy? None of them had any military training. Avalanche had played some RTS’s though….And he sucked at it. Vandir looked mildly surprised at the reactions of the champions.
Avalanche looked around. He’d need to know what his friends were capable of before giving a suggestion himself.
”Uhm….As long as we have the element of surprise I think we can do quite some damage…..Is someone capable of checking how much men we’re up against?” He said, raising his hand as if in class.
Fedaykin stepped forwards and peered towards the camp. “I’d say…..50? give or take….”
Avalanche nodded and started thinking out loud.”Then we either need to…….kill half of them in the initial attack….or throw them in disarray somehow……Any suggestions?”

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 pm

"A lure is the probably the best plan, someone who can draw their attention and escape without having too much risk. Pull them into an ambush or a trap. Of course, assuming that they're of any worth, they'd expect a trap if they went traipsing after a lone enemy" He paused to look over the surroundings. "We could also encircle the camp and start fires at every point where each of us are at. This would both cause a panic, and severely limit the enemies mobility." This was one of his strong suits, he enjoyed doing tactical work. Cards, chess, he used to play a game whose purpose was to decide the easiest and quickest way to defeat an opposing military force with limited resources.

He looked over at Snake, he was able to become relatively invisable. "Another route, would be to send in Snake. He's able to disappear, if he goes in while the enemy encampment is sleeping, he can kill them, OR, simply take their weapons and hide them, leaving the enemy defenseless." He stopped for a moment once again to think. He didn't like sending in one person alone, it didn't sit right with him at all. Suddenly feeling very out of place, he fell silent and decided to let the others decide what to do.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Snake listened to everyone as plans were brought forth. The Newbie stepped forward and announced that maybe, a good course of action, would be to send Snake in.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Snake yelled as he stepped forward, very much Visible. "Who the fuck are you offering my blood to the hounds? You think that just because my specialty is Sneaking around, getting out of tight spots, and becoming virtually naked to the human eye, I am the best one for sneaking around an enemy base, and not getting caught?"

Snake Paused.

"... FUCK YOU." He looked around the circle. Many glares came from many directions. Ansem crossed his arms.

Vandir cleared his throat and spoke up. "It is ok, Snake. We understand. You just are not ready. You haven't leveled up yet, your powers are not yet trained. Plus, these people will be pretty technologically advanced. Trying to put you up against them may not end we-"

"Ok, you had me at 'Not ready'. How can I fuck shit up?"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:42 pm

"Hmmm, Actually I think if we need a distraction I may be able do a better job of this than Snake" said Weldar, finally speaking up for the first time in a while
"FUCK YOU"
"Just hear me out here. Illusionry is well suited for distraction, it's basically all it is. I'm still pretty limited and probably couldn't send any illusions to infiltrate the camp but I can make myself appear to be a much greater threat than I actually am. I've found so far it's easier to make larger illusions if they're copies of an existing thing and all doing the same thing. I could take a uniform and armour, copy a row or two of myself marching and throw up an illsuionary dust could behind me to feign an attack on the enemy camp, it should fool them from a distance at least. We could say send Snake in first, have him cause some chaos and then as my "army" gets close we can have him create an opening of some sort, open a gate or two and have the real us come in. We can hopefully cause a lot of chaos and smash them with a single pronged pincer attack"

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:52 pm

"Ah, I see." Snake said. He stepped toward Weldar and turned to the group.

"Well then here is the plan. I go in and start tweaking their battlements. Lock some doors, block some important tents, hide some weapons. That way we get them more than just riled when Weldar comes in. We get them not only off guard but unprepared. Then you guys attack from a different angle. And maybe, if we are lucky, only Requiem,TheTJ, Suicide, Ansem, Smash or DTRJR dies."

"Uh, Snake?" Raya, aggitated, spoke. "One, we don't want any casualties. Two, Suicide, Smash, and DRTJR aren't even here."

"Oh. Well then all the better. You bitches ready?"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Weldar and Snake stole towards the camp, keeping low to the ground and ducking behind what little cover there was. Weldar halted part way, signalling his companion to continue on. Snake nodded, willed himself invisible and strode forward.

Snake paused by the open gateway, gathering himself for an instant before slipping inside. The camp was tightly packed with armed soldiers, forcing him to keep to the edges and shadows to avoid being bumped into. A nervous sweat beaded his brow as he silently cursed himself for his earlier bravado. No, he had to remain calm. There was no way the soldiers could see him. He was nothing but a flicker in the peripheral vision, an ephemeron in the corner of the eye. He was safe. Though that thought still didn't help him stop flinching whenever a guard looked straight at him.

He was halfway through the camp before he realised it. The entire place was utterly silent. Sure there was the clank of armour and the whinny of horses, but not a single voice could be heard. Every single person in the camp went about their duties in deafening quiet. Those that were off duty sat around the campfires, not saying a word to their companions. Compared to the bustle and raucousness of the Highland camp this was eerie and unsettling.

He ducked past various tents, searching for anything he could use to incite mayhem. Stampede the horses? Knock down the palisade? Stab an officer? Set fire to something? Hmm, this was going to be harder than he'd first thought. At length he wandered into the camp's livestock supply, the animals hemmed together in pens. He almost breezed straight through until something caught his eye and made him freeze.

In amongst the animals was a pen that had been hastily converted into a makeshift prison, the bars constructed with spare wood and spear shafts. Locked inside were two people, a man and a woman. The woman was restlessly pacing back and forth like a zoo animal whilst the man had resigned himself to sitting in the corner, idly scratching out patterns in the dirt. A single guard stood by the cage. Obviously the Army didn't consider the prisoners a threat.

Snake crept forward, his curiosity piqued. The girl seemed oddly familiar to him. He watched her pace a few times and suddenly it came to him.

Holy shit, that's Camilla!

He turned and studied the man. It took a minute but gradually a name came to mind....Omicron? Yes, no doubt, it had to be those two. What the hell were they doing here? This certainly changed things. This changed things a lot.

Snake grinned, a plan beginning to form in that devious brain of his.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Being summoned in to a game by someone who evidently disliked you really, really sucked.

It had been another ordinary day for Camilla. She'd been on her way to work, taking her time as usual - when you only had about three days left at a job, what was the point of rushing? Besides, she wanted to get coffee first, maybe something to eat, though she was technically meant to be dieting. Oh well. Surely one muffin couldn't hurt her waistline too much...

Though maybe it did. Once she got to the train station and took a bite, she started to disappear. It was like being sucked in to a vortex of some kind...and by the time the train arrived, she was gone, all that remained was a half-finished cup of coffee and a muffin.

And still the passengers moved on.

Camilla, meanwhile, had been deposited in a strange and foreign land that seemed more like an RPG than anything - and Camilla really hadn't had much experience with RPGs - summoned by a cranky knight named Valerian. "That's Sir Valerian to you," he would've corrected, and Camilla rolled her eyes at the memory. The man who had looked after him through his knight-training, his knight-master while he was a squire, Camilla supposed, had encouraged the young man to participate in this act of dissent by bringing a hero from another realm in to save them, but Valerian had never been too happy about it. Especially when a girl in floral and pastel dropped down complaining about not having her coffee.

"Big mistake," he'd muttered. He learnt that while she could almost hold her own in a fight - in that it would take her at least thirty seconds of battle before she could get killed - her skill of mimicry was almost more of a party trick, and he was very disappointed by it.

Especially when she perfected his scowl. In her defense, she'd argued, he wore it often enough for her to study it quite well. It got to the point where she could make it look as though he was looking in a mirror - if he only focused on her face, that was.

Still. Valerian found her to be quite antagonistic and a real disappointment. He'd expected a war hero, someone he could admire. Brandishing a sword and saving the day. Instead he got a nineteen year old girl who could mimic, sort-of fight...and that was it.

So, he relished the opportunity to send her in to enemy territory ("You are a summoned champion, fight like one, won't you?"), and walked away, happy that he'd played his part.

"Valerian, you dou-" Camilla had muttered, only to find herself kidnapped. Not killed, thankfully, but she suspected that would be coming later.

And now, here she was, pacing backwards and forwards in a tent with Omicron. That was odd in itself, disregarding all the lead-up. Omicron was from the There Will Be Brawl Forum, and he lived all the way over in the US, while she was from Australia.

And if Omicron was here...would there be others?

"At least this has been the most interesting work day I've had so far..." Camilla muttered, wringing her hands in frustration.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Avalanche hated waiting around. Sending 1 man in seemed like a irresponsible decision to him. Then again, if anyone could do it, it’d have to be Snake. He seemed exited to go, and Avalanche decided to take it as a compliment he wasn’t on the list of people that he considered expendable.

He sat down and sighed. The bed at the medic’s tent rejuvenated him, but he felt exhausted as if he was a old man. Most of the party continued to gaze at the enemy camp, as if expecting movements already.

Weldar seemed slightly nervous, as was to be expected. He didn’t hear much of him showing his skills in the fight against Meneon……Avalanche wondered if this was perhaps the first time Weldar had to use his powers in such a situation.
Avalanche recalled what Weldar said; making himself appear like a larger threat. He couldn’t help but be amused with the thought of Weldar suddenly turning into the Hulk, or a Tank for that matter….He’d have to try really hard not to make a left 4 dead or ‘WELDAR SMASH’ joke if he’d do that.
Raya , Ansem and Feday all seemed extremely serious. Avalanche thought of his conversations with Raya and Ansem, wandering how it was effecting them. He couldn’t fathom what Feday had on his mind though. Come to think of it; Avalanche hadn’t talked to Fedaykin much.

Lazy as he was he grabbed his staff without standing up and poked Feday’s leg. Feday looked down at Avalanche.
“So are you like voodoo undead or final fantasy undead?” asked Avalanche curious.
Feday looked as his hands and seemed to weigh his options. “I think Final fantasy with a scoop of renevant and voodoo?”
Avalanche’s mouth fell open, but he quickly recovered. “You don’t even know what you’re talking about do you?”
“Not a clue.”

Avalanche pointed his staff at Feday’s feet. “So does that mean that this hurts?”
“Agh! Dude wtf!?”
cried Feday.
Avalanche pointed to the other foot and laughed. “Dance zombie dance” before Fedaykin gave him a well deserved smack against the back of his head.
“Don’t make me eat your brains” groaned Fedaykin mockingly.
“Die monster, you don’t belong in this world!” Reacted Avalanche playfully while faintly making his staff glow.

“keep the lights down Avalanche!” said Vandir annoyed. “They don’t have to know that we’re here.”
Avalanche mumbled a sorry and sat back again.
“If I knew I was playing Left 4 dead with a zombie, I’d have been more considerate of your feelings.” Avalanche mumbled.
Fedaykin laughed, while Avalanche peered into the distance, towards the enemy camp.

He hated waiting.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 am

Omicron sat in the corner of his makeshift prison, while Camilla walked around the perimeter restlessly. They had had some short chats, but there really wasn't much to say to eachother, as both of them knew little about their current predicament, and discussing things about the "real world" felt superfluous. Apparently she seemed to have an unusual ability to imitate people, but she couldn't tell him much else, despite being out in the world for longer.

His own experience was brief; two mages, maybe sorcerers, greeted him with bewildered expressions as he suddenly appeared in some building. He recalled playing Street Fighter with friends before then, but that felt like a far distant memory. The mages spoke about summoning rituals, a group of champions...and not much else. They said that they all had to get back to some city, but it wasn't long before an enemy scouting party (he assumed they were enemies, at least) stopped and kidnapped the three of them. He hadn't seen the two mages since.

Omicron wished he could remember names, but in the time he had been captivated, he forgot nearly everything, and the prison guard offered no form of verbal communication. Camilla knew a few things, but for some reason Omicron was reluctant to trust her word. Her knack for imitation felt like an ability fit for a spy or a traitor.

As for his own abilities, all Omicron could gather was that rainfall hurt his skin, and he hadn't required water or felt thirsty since he came to this world. He did seem consistently hungrier than usual, which was unfortunate, because the guards gave both he and Camilla standard rations. Sometimes Camilla would give him a little bit of her food, but there still wasn't very much for either of them, and Omicron didn't want to starve her too.

For the time being, all he could do was try to survive on his meager meals, and think about what was happening. The fact that Camilla was here made him consider the possibility that other members from TWBB would be here, but so far it felt unlikely.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Fuck that snake. Seriously, getting at him. And TJ. But mostly him. Fuck him, what reason did he have to get at both him and TJ. At least that made sure he didn't figure something out about him, or else he would just target him. Maybe he was still pissed about him attacking him yet again at his mafia strategies. Eh, he won a lot, he should be able to handle 'attacks' like that. Let's hope he could handle attacks like axes to the face, or at least stay hidden well enough. As much as he hated snake right now for that remark, he was still a party member, and a friend at times, one that likes to insult and win at mafia games. What was his reason anyway.
Let's not forget Weldar, who's just as much at risk as Snake. Even more so, since he's not the vanishing type.

"Raya?"

"mmhm?"

"I'm...concerned. What if they don't fall for this? They seemed mindless enough, except for Meneon. But he was something of a boss character, but what if they just react dumbfounded and storm snake or Weldar? They'd be toast!"
Vandir turned to Ansem and made a gesture with his hand, roughly translated into "Keep quiet you moron".

"What if?"

"Well, in that case we'll get our asses in there and save them."

"Right, ok. Just wondering..."
Raya smiled at him, reassuring him a little.
"Trust me, they'll be fine. Weldar's smart enough to get himself out of any situation. And we're not lucky enough to have Snake die just yet. He's got months of annoying us yet to go."

"Hurray for us i guess. Wait that didn't come out right, i me- fine Vandir, i'll shut up, geez"

Ansem looked around the people crouching near them. TJ still sporting the hatt and cloak. Raya with one hand on a blade and keeping a vigil eye on the camp. Avalanche trying to relieve some tension while Fed was just trying to be a zombie. TD holding his staff tight, and Perry gripping one of his axes, maybe even looking forward to using them. Ansem looked at his own claw. Was the feeling in his stomach hope, that everything would turn out alright, fear that it may not? Or appetite for murdering soldiers. Fuck snake, why did he gunned for him anyway.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Ca... Camilla? And Omicron? Snakes stomach dropped. He knew, back in the beggining, that more people were here. He knew it couldn't just be the team. Everyone must be here. Surge, Viero, Smash. And if they didn't catch up, they could be captured like Camilla and Omicron. Or worse yet, they could be....

New plan. Free the forumers. Snake snuck his way through the pen of animals. From the looks of it, they could still see him. Though they didn't seem to care that he was there. Most, at least. At the far end of the pen was a strange bull like dog creature that tromped the ground, head lowered, snarling at Snake. He lifted his legs, and....

"OH SHIT" The guard jumped up, startled, and looked around for the voice. The only thing that took attention in the area was the Bull-Dog creature, that ran around the pen, mostly in circles, snarling.

Oh shit, oh shit. Why did it have to be a dog. Why the fuck did it have to be a god damned dog? Snake ran toward the gate. He could feel the air push forward as the Bull got dangerously closer. As it charged right through the gate, Snake jumped straight up into the air, right over the bull.

+1 Evasion!

As the gate shattered, Animals, freaking out and ready to charge, surged out of the gate into the camp.
Snake ran the opposite way, toward the makeshift jail. The Bull turned toward him and charged again. The guard stood at the jail, dumbfounded at what was happening. As Snake got closer to the jail, he started to realize the problem with this situation. He reappeared, and yelled to the jail. "CAMILLA!!! OMICRON!!!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!!!!"

The other two Forumers, in a panic at what was about to happen, pushed at the walls of the jail, trying to bust through, to no avail. The guard, now able to see Snake, unsheathed his sword. The tip grew bright red, and he aimed at Snake, who was now a mere 8 feet away. Snake shut his eyes and jumped. He was able to leap over the guard who turned at let out a beam of fire as he spun.

"Oh Fuck, Duck!" Camilla yelled as Snake tripped over himself and landed facefirst in the mud. Camilla and Omicron dropped to the ground as the top of the jail was blown off. Snake leaped to his feet and ran through the remains of the jail, tapping the others and yelling for them to get the fuck out of there. Camilla jumped and ran with Snake as Omicron faced the man with the sword.

"Oh... Wait...." Omicron turned and ran with Snake and Camilla down the field as the Bull-Dog charged the Guard from behind, still giving chase to the three paniced forumers.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Was...was that Snake?

"Oh my God," Camilla muttered, dumbfounded for a moment. So, it looked like Omicron wasn't the only forumer here. And of course Snake would be able to make an excellent distraction and cause mayhem. A smile formed on the girl's face, before she took it upon herself to duck as the jail cell broke apart with fire. "Thanks," she muttered, cheerfully, as she leapt over the smouldering remains and started to run.

Camilla had never been exactly speedy, but at least her speed had been upped on landing in this world. Probably helped, what with her skills of mimicry. Clad in a material that felt like a mix between linen and cotton, she found it incredibly easy to run at a decent pace. Still, she had to keep her eyes out, there were still guards here and there, and while they weren't pursuing actively like the one from the cell, she wanted to make sure it stayed that way. Ducking and weaving, she followed Snake's lead, Omicron following close behind.

"Snake?" she asked warily, in between heavy breaths as she ran. "What - the - fuck - is - going - on?"

Snake signalled to be quiet, before jumping behind a conveniently placed chest-high wall. I thought this was an RPG, not an FPS, Camilla throught, dryly, as she, too, ducked behind it, Omicron doing the same. She assumed they would have to move again in a matter of moments, but Camilla was hoping for an explanation of what the heck was going on, hoping that Snake knew more than she did.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 am

Weldar stood nervously out of sight of the enemy camp just behind a small hill. He was dressed in the full uniform and armour and even had a sword at his side, though of course his inventory was still packed full of his many trusty knives, and was beginning to regret this plan.
Oh god what am I trying to do here, why do I keep expecting I can fight or anything here dear god.
Okay calm down, worse case scenario this doesn't fool them at all. You're totally useless but still outside the walls and safe, Actually no worst case is archers. Fuck why didn't I think about that earlier of course they've got archers, fuck there's no way I can maintain an illusion while being shot at. Actually no worse is them sending out some sort of force to meet me. Well I guess that would be kinda good since then the inside is undefended but then I'd have to distract them myself and....fuck. Okay let's not think of this anymore.

A few dozen illusionary Weldars flickered into existence.
Curious how copies of myself are the easiest to make when I don't really see much of myself most the time. I guess this is really more about messing with the heads of anyone who looks than conjuring things up. Makes sense that it's easier to make someone see more of something actually is there than something that isn't
An illusionary dust cloud flared up behind them, they were ready, time to march. The "army" marched over the hill and into the sight of the encampment. The assault that begun.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Snake ducked behind a wait high wall, the was conveniently placed. the Bull-Dog ran by without looking back. after a sigh of relief, he looked back at Omicron and Camilla.

"Ok, I don't know if there's an easy way to describe this but....

The Forumers were sent into an RP type world to fight some evil villian and save the day. Right now we are fighting the assholes here at this base. We have weird powers and shit. Feds a Zombie, Ansem does some weird shit I dunno, Raya is the boss, I don't know what the fuck she does, Minby runs, go figure, Avalanche and Sah heals, Spont is dead, Some others are here, but I forgot who they are, and I turn invisible.... Hm, that was easier to describe than I thought it would be. I guess, despite feeling like we have been here for months, it's only been a few days...."

Snake turned and looked at the computer screen.

Last edited by SnakeInABox on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Realizing that the majority of the danger had passed, Omicron calmed down to hear Snake's short explanation.

"So...we're in an RPG, pretty much?"
"Yep," Snake replied.
"And everybody has come from the There Will Be Brawl forums, and now have superpowers?"
"Pretty much. I mean, Fed's a zombie, if you want to count that as a power..."

Omicron sat and thought. From his little conversation with Camilla, he knew that she suddenly acquired an adept talent for mimicry. If everybody else had some new ability...perhaps he did too?

He snapped out of his trance. "So, I'm starving. Seems like danger has passed; where are the others, Snake?"

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:34 am

-----------------------------------------------some time ago at the Highland camp---------------------------------------------------

Perry and the group arrived at the army camp. Immediately Perry cheered up, loving the atmosphere of the place. He loved medieval warriors, and especially the sturdy strong types like he himself had recently become. The smell of sweat, blood and hot metal. He breathed in deeply and took it all in. Vandir met up with some contacts and had a rather short conversation about the next course of action.
It was as Perry suspected, just like most RPGs, they had to help out the country before it'd lend it's help. He didn't mind however, unlike the rest of the pack. As they voiced their disagreement, Perry silently sneaked off unnoticed to wander around camp.

The Highland Army camp was a busy one, and the men were lively and high spirited. Even when in the face of danger they laughed and had a good time. Atleast that was what it looked like from a distance. As soon as Perry approached any group of people, they quickly grew quiet and stared at him with astranged faces. They knew very well that Perry was one of the champions, but his appearance unsettled them, especially looking at the black armour plates he wore.
Bummed out, perry went to a training field by himself. He had been dealing with being different than other people his entire life, towering out above them and getting the general biases about that thrown at his head aswell, but it had never been this bad.
He sighed, deciding he wasn't going to bother with a bunch of NPCs either. It was probably in their program to dislike anything black or something... racists.

He grabbed the twin axes from his side, and stared onwards to the wooden dolls used for combat practice. He breathed in and readied his fighting stance, spreading his legs wide before jumping into the group of dolls. He imagined the black clad knights on the dolls each time as he hacked them down. His body started reacting faster and stronger to whatever came up in his head. It was almost like he was built for fighting, even though he always was such a friendly guy before.
He let out a tremendous roar, the dolls shaking at the vibrations of his voice, but he didn't seem to notice. His axes cleaved through the thick wooden dolls with surprising ease, the force of his swings splintering what wasn't being cut. He left his axes inside the wooden dolls as he reached for the giant battleaxe fixed on his back, bisecting several off the dolls at once when he swung it off his back.

A carnage of chopped up wood and splinters, Perry in the center of the scene. He panted slightly, sweat on his back. He took another deep breath and sighed deeply. That worked off his pent up feelings.
He put the battleaxe down and started gathering the wooden blocks that had been flying around. They probably wanted to use this as firewood.
He calmly gathered whatever he could find, only to drop it all again once he turned around, seeing a dwarven warrior holding up his own twinaxes against him.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY FATHER'S AXES?!", The stout man shouted. It was clear this one wasn't a standard NPC.
"w-w-wait what?", Perry could only stumble. The dwarven man stepped forward, holding the axe close to Perry.
"Explain yourself, faun! What happened with my father?!"

"You're his son?!"
, Perry replied shocked. He had planned on seeing Faeren's axes back to his family to tell them off the terrible news, but with the recent happenings he had completely forgotten about it. Not to mention he would never expect to run into them here.
Perry's face turned solemn, to the surprise of the dwarf who lowered the axes. "He died in action.... protecting me...", Perry mumbled.
"I'm... sorry. I took his axes along to fend for myself and to return them to whoever knew him well..."

The dwarven man stood shocked, and lowered the axes. "Father.....", he muttured as he looked at the axes he held in his hands.
Time passed as the two men, well one man and one "half"-man, stood silently. The dwarf was the first one to speak again.
He looked up at the giant goat man. "You're one of the champions?..."
"That's what they call me, yes.", Perry said awkwardly.

"Here. A champion should use the best weapons there are. These are made by one of the best fae armories out there....", The dwarf said as he held the axes out again. "Father would've wanted you to keep using them. I saw you train, you're very proficient."
"Wait what? They're your fathers!", perry fell out.
"I won't take no for an answer! TAKE THEM!", The son yelled before shoving them into Perry's hands. The dwarf quickly turned and ran off. Perry watched him run off, baffled to what the hell just happened.
It must've been hard on the man to get himself to give away the keepsake of his father directly after hearing such news....

-----------------------------------------------------Back in the present time------------------------------------------------------
The group of champions had made it's way to the enemy encampment, but perry had been silent the entire time. His mind was still on the happenings of the other day, how he handled it and what actually happened. Every time he shrugged off this world as a cliché game mechanic, something unexpected happened, throwing him off his feet....
He looked at the axes he carried at his side. Faeren would've wanted him to use them?

The rest of the group discussed the strategies of approaching the encampment, and Snake and Weldar set out.
Perry sat alone from the group, brooding on a rock. He didn't know Faeren at all, but the more he heard about him, the more he admired him. A man with a cause... something Perry always felt he lacked.... He had been wandering around everywhere, just trying to do whatever pleased him at that moment and see how it went. Never did he have any ambition or goal. But this man, this man gave his life and soul for his country, for whatever was good.
Life in a video game must be good.

Perry slowly stood up, walking to the front of the group. Vandir looked at him dazzled.
Weldar had just marched forward with his army, dividing the armies attention. Perry grabbed his axes and held them in his clenched fists.
Maybe he never had a cause, but it was never too late to try and get one. If Faeren had really wished for him to have his axes, he would respect his last wish and use them in his wish as much as he could. On the heads of the Army.
"I'm going in", he muttered. Vandir rushed up, trying to grab Perry and pull him back down but he was too late.

The faun rushed down the hill, from the other side of the enemy encampment than Weldar's march.
With a tremendous roar, he yelled:
"PPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOATMAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!"

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:14 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top