Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  Ansem on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

"I'm going in."

"yea- wait what?!?"

Ansem didn't even have time to react. Perry just went all Leroy Jenkins on them. Only now Ansem saw the commotion in the camp, Weldar's army, Perry's charge.
"Oh my god he just went in..." Raya said, jaw dropped, her only reaction for that second.
Then. Chaos.

Vandir jumped up, claymore in hand, his face torn in uncontrolled rage. He let out a cry that sounded like a combination of Beowulf and William Wallace, then ran after Perry. He was definitely faster than Perry, so he quickly ran besides him. A quick look between the two was all they needed. They had a purpose. Ruining the days of badguys.
Ansem wanted to shout 'Stick to the plan Perry', but it was redundant. Now was killing time, as the heavy said it.
"Come on, Let's go!"

Raya snapped out of it, and instantly switched into leader mode, ordering everyone to go in after Perry, Vandir and now Ansem. The charge, lead by the goat and the highlander, was moments away from contact.

Meanwhile, in the camp, things were heating up.
Soldiers were running trough the camp, armed to the teeth, readying their Halberds and swords. But they were disorganized, running in different directions. A large portion of the force was heading right towards Weldar and his clones, carrying bows and short swords.
And in the midst of all this, three people were slowly getting surrounded by soldiers realizing 3 people were, well, in the middle of their camp.....

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Requiem had been watching what happened carefully from his vantage point when his focus was shattered by the ridiculous warcry of Perry. It brought up memories of Richard from LFG, the battlecry FOR PONY!. It made him laugh slightly. Hearing Raya give the order to attack, he stood up from his previously crouched position and nodded "Alright then, I suppose I might as well get down there as well" He murmered, walking out towards the camp, relaxing his body as he moved.

He arrived at the scene well behind the others and moved to pick off the enemies higher-ups. His new skills would prove useful. Still, it'd be good not to die because he got too cocky. He scanned the area quickly, eyes moving acrossed the usual assortment of miscellaneous camp supplies, shields and spears leaning against tents, soldiers running to confront the assault, the usual. His eyes stopped when he saw a behemoth of a man standing still, looking rather smug. "Bingo."

He didn't know what the guy was in the military, but he looked that combination of arrogant and powerful, which led him to believe that he wasn't too high on the ladder, but high enough to command the respect of the soldiers, or at least make them obey him. Requiem pointed his hand at the man, drawing his attention. The man tipped his head back releasing a bellowing laugh before nodding and walking forward, reaching behind his back and pulling a large and rather vicious looking battle axe off the straps that supported it there. "You think to challenge me little one?" He asked, his voice booming loudly. Requiem figured if it was any louder, the ground would have vibrated.

"Yeah, but first I want to know something" He asked, surprised by the fact that he hadn't been attacked yet, and then realizing that it did seem to be based off an old style rpg, which meant that the bosses, and even mini bosses such as the man in front of him, usually talked for a moment before the battle began. Requiem decided to use this to his advantage "You're not the highest rank here are you?"

The large man glared at him "What's it matter to you? You'll be dead in a minute!" He shouted, enraged. Requiem barely had time to get out of the way before the axe came crashing down at the spot that he'd been at but a moment before. Requiem knew then that this guy wasn't the toughest enemy in the camp.

Requiem rolled to the side, ignoring the fact that the ground wasn't exactly comfortable and replacing it with the fact that an axe imbedded into his body was likely to be much more uncomfortable. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Avalanche coming in his direction. Avalanche seemed to have noticed his predicament as well as he moved considerably quicker when he saw Requiem duck under another axe swing.

Moving forward, Requiem kicked off of the man's chest, knocking the giant back and into a group of other soldiers that were working their way towards the goatman who was busy hacking away through them. Avalanche arrived at Requiem's side and eyed the man on the ground.
"You look like you could use a hand" He told him, checking to make sure that Requiem wasn't injured.
"I'm fine" He responded in reference to being searched for wounds "I'll welcome the help though" He said turning back to face his opponent who was furiously pushing the common soldiers away shouting something about killing Requiem and his new friend.

"Looks like there are plenty to spare" He said before rushing forward and catching the blade of one of the soldiers and pulling it towards him, stepping along the side at the same time so that it went past him. He brought his elbow down on the soldiers neck killing him instantly he threw the body to the ground ignoring the numbers and the word 'counterattack' that had appeared over them.

Turning back to face the soldiers, Requiem couldn't help but be glad Avalanche was there when he saw a shield of light form in front of him, slowing a swing from a blade that Requiem hadn't noticed "Thanks!" He called back, as he dug his fist into the chest of his attacker and pushed their heart out of the back.

((Would write more, but I think that's enough for one post, at least for me))

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:18 pm

"Did you hear that?"

Camilla could've sworn she'd heard a battle cry off in the distance - her hearing had always been pretty good, no changes here - but perhaps she was imagining it.

What she wasn't imagining was the creeping closer of soldiers. She'd taken a moment to notice, but by the time she had, it was too late. They were surrounded.

"Well, fuck."

Either they were going to be killed, kidnapped (again), or they'd have to fight their way out. Hopefully Snake and Omicron were more adept and fighting than she was, because while Camilla could hold her own in a fight, and probably take down one, maybe two or three soldiers if she was lucky, they were going to need to work as a team if they all wanted to get out alive. Turning to Snake and Omicron, Camilla nodded slowly.

"We're going to have to fight our way out, am I right? Watch each other's backs and so on..."

Pulling herself up to her full height - 5'9", it wasn't exactly imposing - Camilla stood firm, spreading her feet so that she was well grounded. She didn't have much in the way of weaponry, but there were a few rocks on the ground she could throw as needed. The tiny dagger Valerian's knight-master (in this time of trouble, she could barely remember his name) had given her was concealed in her boot, but as it was, Camilla couldn't remember it was there. Hopefully, she'd realise sooner or later. Swallowing, she slyly reached up and undid the top button of her shirt.

What could she say? Having a nice pair of distractions always came in handy.

"Come at me bro," she whispered, a smirk crossing her face. If she was going down already, at least it was going to be in style.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:11 am

PEEEEEEEERRRRRRYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAATMAAAAAAAAAAN

”Goddamnit Perry!” Avalanche cried, running after his friend. Everyone seemed to pick up their weapons to follow the charging goatman.

The enemy started to organize, but a lot of them got cut down before being able to pick up a weapon. Avalanche, still having no combat experience whatsoever stayed back, ready to jump in whenever anyone got harmed.
Pretty much everyone however, seemed to have gotten quite adept to fighting. Avalanche looked almost envious as Perry utterly crushed 3 low rank soldiers. He wondered why he had to end up with the weakest class.
Observing the camp, Avalanche spotted enemies unlike the ones Meneon had summoned. These guys were as tall, if not taller than Perry and carried weapons reflecting of their size. Requiem rushed towards one as soon as spotting it and started beating it up, dodging the swings of the enemies massive axe.
As Requiem rolled away, the brute lifted his axe for a critical blow, no doubt one that would kill Requiem. Avalanche couldn’t believe it. Was he about to lose another companion!?
”No…..NO I won’t stand for that!”
”HOLY SHIELD!” he cried, directing his staff towards Requiem in a desperate attempt to save him.
The magic circle appeared above Requiem and this time actually seemed to deflect the blow, while Requiem jumped up and kicked the brute down, onto some of his smaller comrades.

Avalanche shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant.”You looked like you could use a hand.”. He rose his staff a little but Requiem waved it off.
”I’m fine” Requiem answered looking at the staff, ”I’ll welcome help though.”
Requiem raced through a group of soldiers, and almost appeared careless to Avalanche as he turned his back on a few enemies. Avalanche understood what was expected of him though, and casted another holy shield to defend Requiem.

This’ll be a long fight……

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile……

TheTJ rushed through the enemy camp. Everyone seemed to busy fighting to pay him much mind. Ansem was tearing through the enemy ranks, Raya was shouting orders, and Requiem was fighting a larger soldier.
”Damnit” he muttered, observing Requiem. ”Those must be worth a shitload of exp…..I hope Requiem isn’t hogging the only one”

While everyone seemed busy securing the center of the enemy camp, TheTJ ran in another direction, before 4 enemy soldiers seemed to block him off at once. 3 of the normal grunts Meneon had summoned, and one of the larger ones. They didn’t speak a word, but looked down to TheTJ with seemingly soulless eyes. TheTJ gulped looking at this challenge but smirked.
”Perfect.” he muttered to himself.
While unsheathing his sword with his right hand, he casted a fire spell with the left. The flames didn’t seem to hurt the enemies as much, as they held their position.
The large soldier rushed through his allies, slamming them violently out of the way. He could faintly hear the level up sound over all the violence that was going on in the camp.
The brute raised a giant mace and smashed it down on the ground. TheTJ narrowly sidestepped but could feel the power that came from the blow.
”Better keep dodging those” he thought to himself. As the soldier lifted his mace TheTJ saw what a hole it left in the ground.
He rushed towards his enemy and tried to stab him, but the brute managed to catch his sword with his bare hand. Even though he began bleeding heavily, he didn’t give a kick, and used his free hand to reach for his mace.
TheTJ however decided not to give him the time to do that and slammed his free hand onto the brutes face.”Take this!” he shouted while casting the most powerful fire spell he could bring forth with his free hand.

The brute released his sword to slap TheTJ’s hand away, but even with a almost completely burned face, he didn’t make a sound, and instead lifted his mace.
TheTJ was exhausted from his previous attack, and made himself smaller out of instinct, closing his eyes in wild panic.
There was a slightly familiar sound, and as he opened his eyes he saw a odd transparent veil covering him. Though the mace struck down with full force, it didn’t hit him.
The soldier didn’t react on it, and made a powerful swinging motion with his mace. It should have been enough to launch TheTJ’s head like a baseball all the way back to Wyndia, but instead the transparent veil forced him to change the mace’s direction.

TheTJ learned Protect

TheTJ couldn’t help but chuckle at the almost comic effect of his new spell, but that changed as he heard a crackling noise and saw the veil disappear. The brute prepared for another swing and---

A yellow flash appeared, and the large soldier’s arm fell to the ground. Finally the giant soldier fell to the ground.
Sahrimnir stood behind the brute, his sword seemed to be glowing a faint yellow color.
”Are you okay?” Sahrimnir asked slightly concerned.
”I’m fine………fucking killsteal.”
”What!?”
”I’m not one for sharing exp…..Eh. I leveled up anyway. Let’s go and---“ TheTJ sank to his knees. He felt exhausted. Apparently the protect spell took out a lot of energy.
”Stay still Sahrimnir said quietly, while dragging TheTJ into one of the enemy tents, avoiding notice. ”I’ll try to heal you up”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile……still

Minby wanted to rush along with Perry. It felt great to run at the speeds he could achieve now. He was like Sonic the Hedgehog, before he started sucking. Raya’s hand on his shoulder however, convinced him to go a little slower.

”What is it!?” Minby groaned.
”Locate Snake” said Raya strict. She didn’t seem in the mood to react on Minby’s annoyed groan.”Use your scouter, find him, and bring him to safety.”
Minby nodded, and as Raya let him go, ran off trough the camp.

He saw everyone absorbed in combat, but they all seemed to move significantly slower than normal…..or he had become that much faster. Only a few enemies seemed to notice him, but realized they were best off not to give chase.
Minby started to play with his scouter, as he came across a interesting setting. He looked around and saw the entire center of the camp filled with yellow and red dots, one blue dot and one black dot. Looking around he realized 2 of the red dots where at the place he just encountered 2 enemies.
”Which means the yellow ones are on my team.” He looked around for a lone isolated dot, but only found small groups.
”…….Snake didn’t make it?” Minby thought to himself. He looked around. No enemies nearby. He played with his scouter and started counting the yellow dots.
”Me…..TD…..Ansem, Raya, Perry, Feday, Snake, Avalanche Requiem, Weldar, Sahrimnir…..there are two dots to many!”

Minby looked around again. This was turning into a annoying fetch quest for him. He noticed 2 of the yellow dots isolated as they just made a big red dot disappear, and started running in that direction.
He encountered the 2 enemies he passed earlier and jammed his blade trough their necks before they realized what was going on. Minby didn’t like the killing much, but it had to be done.

As he arrived at the 2 dots he briefly glimpsed into the tent and saw it were Sahrimnir and TheTJ, the latter of which looking pretty bruised up.
”Fine!” thought Minby now getting annoyed. ”What other stray dots do we have…….”
He saw 3 yellow dots being cornered by 3 red ones and rushed over as fast as he could, hardly even noticing other dark soldiers he just passed and dodged.
As he saw the soldiers he noticed on his scouter he grabbed his sword again, and cut off a arm and leg of the first one. ”You got caught Snake?”
”Fuck you too” groaned Snake.

As Minby looked over the other two ‘dots’ he saw a man he couldn’t identify and…..Camilla!?
Camilla, Snake and the other man looked frightened and pointed to a shadow behind Minby.

As Minby looked around he saw a huge soldier approaching.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Another one? Really?
TD ran at the next foe, getting close and then drawing his sword while running past, slicing the soldier's torso open. He fell to the ground, writhing in pain as he bled out.
another one bites the dust, I suppose... but they JUST. KEEP COMING.
Another two soldiers ran at TD, and he wearily drew his staff.
dammit... I never was one for physical activities... and that's coming around to bite me in the ass, I suppose. Lack of physical endurance is balls.
He twirled the staff and stabbed it through the chest of the first soldier, and leaving his staff stuck through the first soldier's chest drew his sword and gutted the second. Suddenly, a nimbus of light radiated from his hands, shimmering down his frame and into the ground. His phone began to beep.
What the hell? I don't have service here... and this is a freaking BATTLEFIELD... I'd better silence it before it attracts attention...
He flipped the screen upwards and watched as words on the screen appeared.
LEVEL UP! YOU ARE NOW LEVEL 3! YOU LEARNED STURM!
The fu...?
Suddenly, two soldiers that had been sneaking up on him jumped out, brandishing their blades.
"What the... YAARG!" TD yelled, wheeling to face them. Throwing his hands up in front of his face and closing his eyes, a bright flash of light seared his vision. When he opened them again, the two soldiers were lieing at his feet, with charred skin on their faces.
What... the hell? Did I do THAT?
Picking up his sword and wrenching his staff from the corpse of a soldier, he suddenly felt tired.
I'm going to collapse at this rate... but not now. I've got work to do.
Standing up straight again, TD started moving forward at a brisk walk, towards the rest of the group.
I've got to make sure we all make it out of here alive. I don't want the blood of my friends on my hands... I couldn't do anything earlier for spont... but now, I'm ready to fight back.
Breaking into a slow jog, he picked his way through the ground littered with bodies.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Sahrimnir held his hands above TheTJ's body. He noticed he could sense TheTJ's wounds.

"You don't seem too badly hurt. A few bruises, but that's it. How do you feel?"
"Tired. That spell took a lot of energy."
"Maybe you should stay here and rest?"
"Maybe I... Uh-oh, we've got company."

A dark soldier had noticed them and entered the tent. Sahrimnir quickly drew his sword as he turned around and parried a thrust from the dark one. Sahrimnir and the dark one parried each other's attacks and neither seemed be getting the upper hand when suddenly a fireball went past Sahrimnir and struck the dark soldier in the side of the torso. It didn't seem to do much damage, but it was enough of a distraction for Sahrimnir to manage to get in a good slash and decapitate his enemy. Sahrimnir realized where the fireball had come from, turned to TheTJ in order to thank him, but found that he had fallen asleep from exhaustation.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Shit. Like things could get any worse, now another Forumer is in as much danger as Snake, Camilla, and Omicron.

"I hope you three know how to fight.... Because I sure as Fuck don't!" Snake yelled, as he pulled his butter knife out of his pocket.

They were surrounded. Completely. If there was maybe one open space, he could turn invisible and leave the other three.... But... How much damage can he do with a Damned Knife? The soldiers charged in, and Snake reacted in the fastest way possible.

"Where... Did... SNAKE GO?! I AM GOING TO KILL HIM!!!" Minby yelled, as the soldiers advanced. Minby jumped as an enemy rushed him and kicked the poor man right in his helm. He flew back into another three guys behind him. Omicron ducked as a sword very swiftly flew over his head, and with a flash, he shot a ball of hot flame right into the guard in front of him. In the chaos, Camilla was able to turn into a Soldier look alike, and rushed into the group, trying to beat them down while appearing on their side.

"Watch out for Camilla!" Omicron yelled to Minby. "She can mimic others. I think she is the guard without a weapon, over there" He said, pointing briefly in her direction. Minby nodded, and a closely guard who overheard turned to Camilla. He raised his Halberd, and charged at Camilla, unaware of the attack.

"Oh shit, he sees her.... He knows! CAMILLA, WATCH O-"

Snake jumped in front of Camilla and took the blow of the half swung Halberd, crumpling to the ground still invisible. A pool of blood grew on the ground, as if from nowhere.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Spoiler:
Just a quick one I bashed out. Wanted to at least post something

The saying goes that the best laid battle plans always fall apart when they come into contact with the enemy. Raya was thinking of revising that to whenever they came into contact with the party.

She dodged a jabbed spear, removing the lower arm of the wielder with a swift strike. Well, perhaps things hadn't gone according to plan, but it certainly seemed to have worked. The animals Snake had released were thundering around in a blind panic and their own sudden surprise attack had thrown the camp into confusion. The soldiers didn't know what on earth was happening. Speaking of which...where was the counterattack? The party must have been outnumbered easily a hundred to one. Even with the element of surprise the sheer weight of numbers should have dragged them down. Yet the enemy soldiers seemed unable to form a cohesive battle plan. Sure, those nearby attacked their targets and defended themselves, but the rest seemed uncertain, as though unsure of where to go or what to do. A few units lead by what appeared to be officers were using a little bit of strategy, but on the whole the soldiers seemed totally at a loss without orders. It was strange.

Oh well, it just made things a lot easier. She tore her way through the ranks, filled with almost murderous glee at the ease of it all. With each spray of blood or dying gasp she felt her movements get a little more fluid, her reactions a little more faster. Wait, what the hell, why would that happen? Was she some kind of a berserker? Oh, marvellous, that was all she needed. She forcibly stamped down her bloodlust, getting herself under control and turning her attention to the rest of her friends.

They were remarkably holding their own. Perry was cutting a literal bloody swath across the camp, hooves and axes drenched in gore. Req and Avalanche were holding their own and td looked uncertain but was standing his ground. The rest seemed alright for the best part...

Wait a minute, where was Snake? She suddenly realised that she hadn't seen him at all since they launched the attack. They had to find him and fast. He wasn't much of a combat character, and knowing him he'd do something cocky and put himself in extreme danger. If he got himself cornered he'd be in big trouble. Suddenly an idea came to her.

"Minby!"

The perfect person to find him- quick, agile and with more sense than his target. He seemed less than pleased when she sent him off, but now wasn't the time for arguments. Snake may have been an asshole but she still considered him a friend. It wouldn't be doing to let himself get killed out there.

As Minby dashed off Raya turned her attention back to the battle. They may have been doing well but there were far, far more of the enemy then there were of themselves. Those reinforcements had better arrive soon...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:23 pm

"Alright, let's get this over with" Requiem said, mostly to himself. The battle was going rather well, but he couldn't waste time fighting one enemy, even if that enemy had the ability to summon lower level minions. He needed to kill this brute and get moving deeper into the camp, or he risked impeding his allies. Looking up at the Brute, Requiem nodded, reaffirming his resolve within himself.

The brute, as was expected of someone of his stature, charged Requiem without thinking, again, only this time Requiem prepared himself for the attack. The blade came crashing down from above, and Requiem, sidestepping, took the advantage of the axe blade being dug into the ground to strike the handle, snapping it below the Brute's hand. From there, he took up what was left, and in one fluid movement, brought it up and decapitated the Brute. The head dropped to the ground with a solid THUD, and the body followed about a moment after.

Turning back, he began walking towards Avalanche "Thanks for the support mate" He told him, ready to take the next Challenge on. He felt more confident wielding an Axe now, although he didn't particularly like the idea. Axes weren't really the proper type of weapon for him really, too slow, but if he needed to, he could. "Well, you feel up to fighting with me a bit longer, or do you want to head out to help the others, I should be fine on my own if you do go" He said, just in case Avalanche might have felt bad about leaving Req on his own.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Avalanche looked around as the action of battle was all around him. The sight and sound of it all was overwhelming, and Avalanche had a feeling that within hours the stench of death would be covering this camp.
Being more focused on the actions of his friends then the actions of the enemy he saw they were doing considerably well. Requiem, Vandir, Feday, Perry and Raya all seemed very skilled in tearing through the enemy ranks, and were slowly reaching the center of the camp. Avalanche did have to sidestep a wild horse, but other than that, the enemy didn’t seem to come close to him, nor capable of doing much damage to his friends.
He recalled the fight against Meneon, where nobody seemed to suffer any significant wounds, aside from Vandir and himself.
”Did they really get this strong when summoned to this world?” Avalanche wondered observing the others.”Or are these enemy soldiers just lost without a leader?’ It surprised him they hadn’t seen a boss yet. The bigger lads seemed to hold some authority over the normal dark soldiers, but there wasn’t anything posing as much of a threat as Meneon did.

Requiem turned back to him. ” Thanks for the support mate” he said confidently leaning on his new found axe. ”Well, you feel up to fighting with me a bit longer, or do you want to head out to help the others, I should be fine on my own if you do go”.
Avalanche leaned on his staff.”Eh, depends…..Everyone seems to be doing fine, but I lost track of Sah, TJ, and Minby. Any idea where they went?”
Requiem shrugged and slammed his new found axe into the face of a dark soldier, making Avalanche cringe a little.
”I’ll play medic for Vandir for now. Avalanche decided."Need to see if his arrow wounds are holding up. Do give a shout if you run into trouble.”
“Think you can hear that over all this damn noise?”
“I hope so.”

Avalanche ran over to Vandir, who was swinging his sword wildly at a group of dark soldier, and swung in Avalanche’s direction when he approached.
”Gotta be more careful kid.” he grunted as he kicked down a wounded dark soldier.
”Hello to you to” said Avalanche lightly annoyed by Vandir’s greeting.”Are your wounds holding up?”
“You got other things to worry about kid.”
“Yes or no?”
“How about you check up on Raya?”
“Vandir.”
“Or Perry
“VANDIR!”

Vandir rolled his eyes annoyed and grunted.”Pretty sure one opened up. It’ll have to wait till after the battle.”
“But—“
“No buts kid. We’re in the heat of battle. Playing medic now is suicide. Watch my back and don’t get hurt, understood?”
“…..Yes sir.”

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Just great, another battle. More pointy metal sticks looking to impale themselves into his lifeless flesh. The last combat had mae something clear to Fedaykin: Being dead doesn't mean, that you can't feel pain any longer. Granted, it is not the same kind fo pain as before, but that doesn't make it any easier. To make things even worse, the champions' group was vastly outnumbered this time. Cursing silently, he began moving on Raya's order.

This was another thing, they had to clarify once this was over. Should he stick around her during a fight or charge in, like Perry had done? Battleraging had been rather successful last time, but here, a cool head was needed. No problem with that, Fed's had always room temperature. As he charged alongside the others, the Lich gave in to the Dance of Death, seeking openings in enemies' defences, letting his daggers soar through air and flesh alike. The gore awakened the Hunger, as tasty piles of meat heaped around their advance. Fedaykin hadn't quite healed from his impalement, other things were more important, though. Like dodging that humongous greatsword targeting his neck from the left, seemed like a reasonable idea. Focusing, he let the blade come, letting himself fall on the right. Fed landed on his fists, still clinging on the daggers, keeping his bodytension. The Nameless stood right in front of him, whirling his sword up in the air to let it come down, crushing the Zombies fragile neck. Nice plan on the soldier's part, but not exactly what Fedaykin had in mind. Fed's left leg darted straight ahead, coming to a halt behind the soldier's heel. In a swift motion, the Undead rammed his shoulder into his foe's abdomen, who promptly lost balance and had a practical lession in gravity. As he impacted, Fed was over him, stabbing him through both eyes and withdrawing his blades quickly, moving on...

As the Dance went on, cutting through lackluster resistance, Raya's concerned voice found his way into Fed's ear. Snake was nowhere to be found(no shit, what was his power again? Yeah, right)... but then he understood her concern. The fighting had started inside the camp and the Texan hadn't been exactly a warmachine. The thought of losing anther friend was too much, something snapped.

"Raya! I need to know Snake's last verified position! If Minby knows it, send him after me. I bet I can find him, even when he is hidden. if he is in deep shit, I can bail him out." Fed took another unnecessary breath, exhaled and focussed. The orange glow in his eyes intensified, as he set into motion, heading directly towards the gate.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Terror.
Horror.
Bloodshed.
Rampage.

The words were floating in the void surrounding Ansem as he walked trough the battlefield. Every time he raised his claw, the enemy was already dead. As if the whole world was in slow motion, Fed, Raya, Perry, Vandir, Sahrimnir and Requiem were dancing around him, leaving behind a trail of bodies. He just walked trough the camp, admiring the carnage his friends unleashed. Speaking of friends, where was Snake. In fact, where was everybody anyway. Ansem looked around, to find himself alone. No friends, no enemies. Noone was in this part of the camp, just him. Weird, he could swore he heard sounds of battle coming from two directions. Left and Right. He came from the left, so why not turn right? Right. Ansem started to run to the sounds of battle, getting a weird feeling in his stomach. What was that anyway....

Arriving at the scene, Ansem immediately jumped up and stabbed the big soldier trying to ambush Minby in the back of his head. With a faint grunt, the man collapsed. Ansem took out his claw, the cold metal now warm and sanguine. He looked around to see that there were more soldiers, but also more people. a face he didnt recognize. It didnt matter, if they were fighting the soldiers, even poorly, it meant they were on his side. As his claw was turned crimson his mind darkened as well. He passed the flustered minby without a word and headed straight for the unknown guy, but as he walked, he saw a woman getting pushed by a soldier. She looked hurt, and tired, already worn out. inexperienced, but brave. Ansem took a sprint and stabbed/punched the soldier in the gut with his claw. With a short grunt, he pushed him of his weapon and turned to the woman.
"Look, i don't know who you are, but if you want to survive this, you'd better seek cover. That guy in the shorts over there is called Minby, he'll take you to safety. Go!"
Ansem didn't wait for an answer. Normally he would be all over a girl with D cups practically bouncing around, but the stains on his soul and his Claw, the made him into something else. Something far more practical. As he walked up to the other guy, he suddenly tripped and fel.
"Motherf....blood? I didn't, what the..."
As Ansem looked at his legs, he saw they were slightly elevated, as if he was floating, but they touched something. Ansem started to feel around the ground, when he touched something solid, and sticky. A faint whimper could be heard. Ansem focused his eyes, and there, right before him, laid snake, a gaping wound in his chest.
"Shit, Snake, NO! AValanche! Sahrminir! Anyone! Shit shit shit, this is not good!"
Suddenly, a familiar feeling, something approaching. Ansem looked around, it was Fed, he saw them. Instantly, Ansem's insinct took over. The black specs filled his eyes as he bolted up. In a flash he grabbed the undead racing towards him by his chest and slammed him into the ground next to the now visible Snake, clearly in pain.
"Ansem, what are y-"
"SHUT UP! I need you!"
"Tell me whats goi-AAARGH!"

Void again. This time different. He could see the wraith like guardians. Eyeing him, but not attacking. Fed must've given in and accepted me. The thought 'acceptance' floated trough the void. More pallets, and Snake. As he lay there, bleeding heavily. Ansem felt nothing, he was not there. And neither was snake. This was the representation of his life force. And it was weak. But at the other side, Fedaykin stood, fed by the hunger. His life force, his juice, was plenty. Ansem took a chunk out of Fedaykin, and layed it on Snake. Anger. Pain. The wraiths howled, this was not good. More. Snake needed more. MORE! Ansem switched pallets, layed pieces and took bites out of Fed, rapidly solving puzzles as they came before him making Fedaykin's image rotting visibly, hindering him for naught but a second. Save him!

Ansem gasped for air. Was he blind? No, he could see again, Fedaykin lying before him his corps showing signs of rotting, next to snake. Snake! His wound was nearly closed, from a gaping hole to a small stabwound. Fed was panting, and smelling quite a bit, but he'd live. Snake still needed a real healer, Avalanche or Sahrimnir. Ansem saw the other man, the one he didn't know run up to him, the woman and minby as well.
"Get....get him to a healer.....quick...."
Ansem passed out, specs of black Taint still visible in his eyes. The blood dripped from his claw, a wound in his leg clearly visible. Did he...

Last edited by Ansem on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ROTTING!)

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:13 pm

In what felt like seconds, Omicron, Camilla, and Snake were surrounded by enemy troops, and almost before they attacked, several people came to their aid, each one giving some sort of comment to Snake and receiving a rude but fitting rebuttal. They must be forumers.

There wasn't really time to examine what was going on, though, as Omicron was at the edge of their group and had two soldiers advancing on him without hesitation. He couldn't deny it: he was effectively scared, and admired Camilla for not suffering the same emotion, but at least she was aware of her own abilities. Omicron had nothing, except the inability to drink water.

Knowing he couldn't exactly run, he picked up a stone and threw it as hard as he could in his frightened fury. Except when he did, it was on fire. Impressed by his own aim, the flaming rock flew directly into the soldier's face, and was melted enough to stick to it. The soldier dropped to his knees, screaming in agony as his face began to melt. "Critical Hit!" Omicron cringed a little at the horror he brought to this, hopefully, NPC character. "Guess this RPG isn't rated E..."

He snapped out of his phase quickly enough to turn and duck under another soldier's sword swing, and then turned and ran, yelling "Agh, guys, help!"

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Camilla was terrified. Snake had fallen right beside her - she assumed, he'd been invisible - and looked like he might have trouble making it. Omi was scared out of his wits - so was Camilla, but she just wasn't showing it as much. Perhaps in her eyes, but these idiots weren't going to notice. Some more people came to their aid - was that Minby? She was too panicked for a TWBB reunion, though. Right now, her primary focus was on staying alive. Hopefully saving Snake, too, but she couldn't do anything there right now, as much as it was killing her to see her friend bleeding to death.

Taking a deep breath, she watched the clunky movement of combat, ducking each predictable arm thrust as it came her way. Very quickly, she picked up their attack patterns, before she attempted to counter.

"Take that! Falcon...punch!"

"Oh."

She'd have to be trickier, and she'd have to get rid of them FAST.

"We've gotta draw them off somehow, and quickly..." Camilla muttered, letting her eyes wander over to Snake for just a moment. And nearly fainted. She'd never been good with blood. It was perhaps her biggest weakness - her squeamishness.

No time to wonder about that now.

"These are not the Champions you are looking for..." she stated flatly, affecting a voice of grim authority. Perhaps it wasn't the time to make jokes, but who knows, it could work...

Remembering the dagger in her boot, she abruptly bent down, reached in to her shoe, unsheathed the dagger and pulled herself up again, placing one hand on her hip and the other brandishing the dagger to the soldier.

"So I suggest you leave."

There's an opening! He's not protecting himself!

In a moment of defiance, Camilla lunged forward and stabbed the soldier in the stomach.

"Better."

That wasn't all the soldiers, though, that was only one. Another was closing in on her...the first she'd been able to take because she'd been able to spot his weak point and make use of it. But how could she deal with another? Especially when her hands were now covered in a sticky, bloody mess...she was starting to feel a little woozy...

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Omicron sprinted as fast as he could, dodging out of the way of spears and swords thrust in his direction. Oh shit, shit, this wasn't going the way he'd imagined. He'd certainly appreciated the rescue at first, but now things had devolved into anarchy- Snake was hurt, Camilla was being overwhelmed and then two other guys had shown up and done...something. Things were bad, very bad; he had to get help, somehow, but whe-

He glanced behind him to see if he was still being perused when his thoughts were abruptly cut off as he crashed straight into someone.

That someone appeared to be a young woman dual-wielding swords. The pair were sent sprawling and in an instant she'd grabbed her sword and swung it, razor tip held at his throat.

"Who are you?" the woman demanded.

Omi swallowed nervously, feeling the blade press into his skin "I'm, uh, I'm Omicron..." he pointed over his shoulder, eyes never leaving the sword "We're having trouble with the soldiers and a few people are hurt, ah..."

"Omi? From the TWBB forums?" she lowered her sword "Sorry about that. You took me by surprise." She got to her feet and paused "Wait, what did you say? Who's injured?"

Hang on, she knew about TWBB? Wait, did this mean she was in league with his would-be rescuer? "Snake's been stabbed, something's going on with two other people...did we have anyone who was undead on the forums?"

She swore and sprinted in the direction Omi had come from, shouting over her shoulder "Sahrimnir and Avalanche are around somewhere! Look for a dude with wings and a white mage!" She quickly darted out of sight, leaving Omi still sitting there, slightly perplexed.

"Hang on, who the hell was that?"

-----------

Raya turned the corner and was less than reassured with the sight that greeted her.

Snake was crumpled in a heap, clutching his chest in obvious pain. He was covered in far, far more blood than the wound would suggest. Close to him was Ansem, out cold and Fedaykin, who'd somehow gained a good few weeks of decomposition in the last several minutes since she'd seen him last. Over to the side was a girl, desperately struggling to fend off three soldiers. She recognised her as Camilla and quickly charged forward to aid her. The soldiers never saw her coming; by the time they'd registered they were being attacked from behind two of them were dead, the final one getting a savage punch to the head courtesy of Camilla.

"Thanks." Camilla frowned in thought, then made a logical guess "Raya?"

"Yeah, hi." She quickly wiped off the blood from her swords and sheathed them "Omicron ran over there, towards the main group. You'll be safe over there, go join them. They'll look after you." Camilla took a few steps, hesitated and looked at the three on the ground. Raya gave her a gentle shove "I'll handle this, get yourself to safety." As she vanished in the direction Omi had gone in Raya turned her attentions to the others, their bad state suddenly becoming apparent. At least Fed and Snake were conscious- she ran over to Ansem, a lump of panic wedging in her throat as she saw the blood.

"Ansem! Ansem, are you alright?!" At the sound of her voice he slowly came round, blinking wearily up at her. A pained smile crossed his face.

"Being woken up by a blonde, huh...one of my favourite things."

She rolled her eyes "Don't worry me like that, you bastard."

"And here I was thinking you didn't care-"

"What the fuck did you just do, Ansem?!" choked Snake, hacking up a great clot of blood from his lungs. Somewhere behind them Fed let out a guttural moan that sounded neither healthy nor human.

Ansem opened his mouth to reply when he was drowned out by a great carnyx blast, a split second later followed by a tremendous roar as the Highland forces finally arrived, smashing through the front gates and overwhelming what token guards remained there. Already distracted by the chaos going on in the camp the dark soldiers stood no chance, any resistance quickly demolished by the combined human and dwarf forces. As the battle raged behind them the four collected themselves, the dwarven general, Moredain, striding up to them. On his shoulder he hoisted a great warhammer, splattered with blood.

"Good work. Ye certainly made a hell of a distraction. They never saw us coming. We'll make soldiers outta ye yet." He nodded to the three injured "Yer need some help lads? Not hurt are ya?"

"I've been better," winced Ansem, sitting upright.

"Fuck yooooooooou," hissed Snake.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:12 pm

TD could feel it now... stronger than before, a leaden weight in his limbs. Exhaustion was obviously not letting go, and he dare not stop and rest for fear of falling asleep. Sleep on the battlefield is something that would definitely rank, if not win, in a Darwin Award. And yet... that heavy weight dragging on every limb slowed his reflexes, dulled his senses, and weakened his blows. He dragged himself through the bodies that lay around him, and took out his phone in a subconscious action, an echo of the time before this, the world beyond this. He looked at the screen blearily, then, with a shock of realization, discovered what significance this phone held.
This entire time here, something's been nagging at my mind, a little irritation that he only now discovered what it meant. The entire world here is alot like a video game, and this phone... this phone is my menu screen! I can't pause the world around me, and I can't access my "items" and carry billions around, but it's a menu screen nonetheless.
Getting up, he fiddled with the phone, and found the "Map" Feature. Activating it, he saw a circular overlay of the area around him, with small colored dots with arrows pointing out of the circle around him.
According to this... Green dots are allies... and there seems to be a large gathering of them to the southwest...

Trudging forward, TD headed toward the gathering of dots, hoping to find his friends amongst the chaos and horrors of battle.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:12 am

Perry charged down the hills, his powerfull goat legs powering him on as he blasted towards the enemy base. With the rest of the party stumbling after him, he lead the attack and had to breach the enemy defenses. Luckily the camp was scattered by Weldar's and Snake's diversions. Vandir had caught up to him, which was quite impressive, with perry's enhanced running speed, but that would be the difference in levels for ya.
A quick ponder while he ran down the hills entered Perry's mind. What level would he be right now?... He had felt that he gained XP with every enemy he encountered, but would this game actually have a level up system?

The camp drew closer and perry snapped out of it, and had to focus at the time at hand.
A small group of black clad footsoldiers huddled together in the entrance of the camp, and perry smiled with a malicious grin as the adrenaline in his body distorded his thinking. His head lowered to the front, as he build up more and more speed. A quick note on the laws of physics ran through his mind. F= m × a....
This speed times his mass equals....
"FUCK YEAH!", Perry roared as his entire body crashed into the group of soldiers. He could feel his head sink into the shield and armour plates of the one infront of him, right before the group was sent flying backwards. His shoulder plating had fended off the spears pointed at him, and all weapons and shields of the group laid scattered among the men. As silent and emotionless they might've been,Perry would've taken the time to end every single one of them, but the rest of the party was catching up and they'd be able to handle that.

He rushed into the camp, Faeren's twin axes drawn and ready to taste blood. Somehow hearing of their making made them feel different. Perry could feel them more as a part of his entity while he hacked away at every bump sticking out of a black clad torso, heads included. Blood splashed with every swing as the axes ripped through flesh and armour as if they were paper, the blood clogging up in Perry's hair and "fur". His hooves stamped around in the intestines of the disembowled enemies that had come at him with their stomachs unguarded, and his face had crimson smears across it.
His mind was on a blank, as a white raging void filled it. He could sense everything happening around him, and he could see what to hack and what not to hack, but the adrenaline rush was so great that the time to formulate words in his thoughts wasn't taken.

The enemies fell as he surged his way through the camp, scattering the enemies and delivering fatal blows everywhere, untill he reached a place near the center of the camp. He had rushed rather far ahead, as the rest of the party wasn't anywhere to be found.
The grunt of the footsoldiers circled around Perry. They had no idea how to tackle this giant, and with no orders given they were as good as dead against him. Perry grinned confidently as he kept the soldiers at bay by just pointing one of his twin axes at them. Suddenly a large shadow appeared behind the grunts, and they were pushed aside as the brute entered the circle with Perry.
Perry grinned ever so slightly as he looked up to the large soldier. "You're a big one, eh?...I wonder how much i'll get from you."
The soldier didn't respond, but instead raised his gargantuan axe above his head. Looking at the size of it, Perry knew he couldn't block it. The axe crashed down to the ground, as Perry quickly jumped to the right. The brute swung his axe over the ground to sweep Perry from his feet, but the faun's legs were to agile to be caught. Perry grinned as he bounced around, avoiding the strong but sloppy blows, before he focussed more.
With a lunge forward, he hacked both of his axes down into the Brute's shoulders and pulled himself up, his horned head blasting forward against the Brute's face. Perry could feel the skull crack against his own, and the wet warm feeling of blood gushing over as him and the brute combined fell over.

The grunts weren't taken aback by the spectacle, however, and seized the oppertunity Perry had left open. Or... they would have.
Right as they started to move, the raging horde of Highlanders arrived at the scene. In dissarray, the grunts were dealt with swiftly by an overpowering amount of man and dwarf.
The soldiers looked at Perry, still sat on the corpse of a giant and all covered in blood, with a sense of disgust yet a strange feeling of awe. Perry grinned back at them, and wobbled back onto his crooked legs, yanking the axes out of the brute.
"Mission acocmplished, I take it?", he said with a smile as he walked up to the soldiers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving where Raya and the injured were, Perry walked infront of the group of soldiers. Almost as if they didn't trust him to walk behind their backs.
The goatman arrived grinning like a madman, and all covered in blood from the crane of his head to the grooves of his hooves. Yet there were only a few scratches on him. The black armour he wore was battered and scratched, completing the whole savage look he had going on.
Slowly the adrenaline began to settle a bit, and he got more to his senses as he saw how beat up the rest of the party was. Luckily, still all alive.
"Holy crap, what happened to you guys?", he said baffled and a tad concerned as he jumped up next to Raya.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:57 am

"SHUT UP! I need you!"
"Tell me whats goi-AAARGH!"

The world exploded in pain. The agony was strangely familiar, it felt almost the same the last time Ansem had done something with him. This time, it was different though. Fedaykin's living soul stood on top of his Inner Fortress, spotting a desperate looking Ansem and a badly wounded Snake up in the sky. Obviously, he was in need of help and Ansem seemed to have a plan. With a thought, he ordered his guardians to stand down. There has to be a reason, why Fed got involved in this here. Losing Snake because of personal comfort was not an option. Ansem commenced doing something...

Agony. As Ansem proceeded in his task, Fedaykin felt himself getting weaker by the second, drained by the process. Snake on the other hand seemed to get better. If pain was the price to pay to save him, the Lich would not object. The wraiths on the other hand were growing restless. Keeping them under control grew more and more difficult. On top of that, his skin grew dry, started to curl...and began falling off in yellow flakes. The sweet stench of fresh rot numbed his senses, making him cringe. His small army started to howl, they couldn't stand by anymore, they intervened. Their eyebeams banished Ansem from this plane. The Guardians grabbed Fedaykin violently and pulled him into a small chamber, locking him in. A shadow of himself, a prisoner of his own mind, he slumped onto the ground, moaning. Fed's last thought before losing conscience was about Snake. Had he made it...?

The Hunter awoke. Hunger, the need for energy had driven it to the surface. It felt the condition of this vessel, badly damaged, almost out of order. The purpose of its' awakening was clear, as it only had one: sate the hunger, keep the vessel intact. Nothing else mattered.

The Hunter scanned its vicinity. Plenty of prey next to him, almost overwhelming amount of life to consume. It considered slaying one of the weakened carriers around it, but decided against incorporating them. They would not pose a threat, but there were too many bystanders. The risk of being destroyed was too high. Further evaluation showed, that the carriers were destroying each other. There were two different parties batteling. A good place to hunt, but not to consume. Its' orange eyes proceeded to search. There. A lone carrier, sitting in a pile of organic matter. A silenced, cautious approach was the right maneuver. Another quick scanned showed, that the consumables arround him were to distracted to notice it. Silently, the Hunter crawled towards its target, avoiding random carriers and possible noise sources. The wind blew its stench away from it, perfect. As the corpse came into the range for a pounce attack, the wind turned. The carrier was alerted, making talking noise, the orange silhouette stood up, looking around. The Hunter had to act in an instant. It jumped towards its' prey, intending to tackle it back to the ground and silence it, then drag away to consume. The carrier evaded it barely though with a jump to the side. They got on their feet simultaneously, staring at each other. Looking at the victim, it hissed.

The hunt was on.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Omicron stood up after his narrow evasion and stared at the disgusting, rotting figure in front of him. Its eyes, or what remained of them, stared at him with an inhuman ferociousness, and various fluids were flowing out of a variety of areas. He forgot who exactly, but he knew that this...thing was a forumer, but had apparently stopped being friendly.

The short moment of mutual hesitation ended when the creature hissed at Omicron and slipped into a pouncing position. "Fuck!" Omicron turned to run as his predator gave chase. Agh, there's no way I'm going to outrun this thing for long...if he's a forumer, then I shouldn't kill it, even if I could. Still no idea how to use these powers...

He turned around to find him keeping a steady distance ahead. Well, maybe he's weak, and that's why he isn't faster tha-- "AUGH!" Omicron leapt up and grabbed his foot in pain; he had stepped in a small puddle. "SONUVA BI--OOF!" He was slammed on to his back as the creature landed on top of him, pinning him down and hissing horrendously the entire time. Omicron winced as juices oozed out of its mouth and onto his face. Without any other available limbs or available options, Omicron decided to take the action hero route and spit in the zombie's eye before it decided to have lunch. Surprisingly, it reeled back in a horrible, screeching agony, as a wad of flaming spit singed his eye. With a hard kick, Omicron threw the undead off of himself and scrambled to his feet to continue running, glancing back long enough to spot the thing rubbing its face on the ground to put out the flames and keep chase.

I can't keep running forever, and I definitely can't hide...maybe I...the pen! Omicron changed course slightly to head towards where he had been held captive for the past several days. His cell was now nothing but a pile of rubble, but the pen of the bulldog that attacked himself, Camilla, and Snake was still intact. Might just work...I just need to get him in somehow. Omicron ran up to the entrance of the pen and wheeled around, staring his pursuer in the eye, while reaching down and grabbing a handful of dirt. "Alright you ugly bastard, take thiiiiiiiiiis!" In an attempt to confuse it as much as possible, Omicron yelled as loud as he could and threw the dirt in the creature's face as it pounced towards him, while he proceeded to narrowly avoid the attack, wheel around, and shut the gate to the pen. The undead growled as it rubbed the dirt out of its eyes, and then turned to pounce once more, slamming into the thick steel bars separating him from his prey.

Hesitating just for a while to get one last look at the thing, Omicron turned and started to jog back to where he knew the others would be. Maybe they could help fix...whoever it was that just attacked him.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Avalanche looked around as Vandir chased of remnants of the dark army. Perry, Requiem and him had left a trail of corpses. Avalanche was determined not to look at the bodies. Vandir looked back and smirked.
‘Reinforcements’ he grunted. ‘Waited for us to finish to avoid casualties among their own ranks I bet.’
Avalanche looked back. He could see the light of torches approach the enemy camp. The highland army was moving. He sighed relieved and sat down. He had used a lot of holy shields to protect Requiem, himself and Vandir. Even if it didn’t fully deflect yet, it had proven to be a incredible usefull protective spell.
“We made it trough” he sighed.
“You did well kid.” Vandir snickered. “You seem to be able to stay in control…….if only a little.”
Avalanche nodded.”Staying concentrated around a battle isn’t as easy…..”
Vandir shrugged.”Can’t give much advice to you mages. If you wielded a blade I’d give more usefull advise.
Avalanche leaned on his staff for support as he got back up.”So far the staying focussed idea has served me well. he said. As he looked around camp, pretty much everyone seemed to be out of sight. Perry left, probably chasing one of the few remaining dark soldiers not long ago, while Requiem was just wandering around.
”Any idea where the rest went?” Avalanche asked.”I havent seen Snake and Weldar since the attack started.
Vandir raised his shoulders.”I believe I saw Raya run……that direction somewhere? You may come across them.

Avalanche carefully walked trough the camp. He tried his best not to look at the many corpses left behind, but he couldnt ignore the amount of dark armored people on the ground. He understood they were in a kill or be killed fight, but seeing corpses like this…..He never had to deal with corpses before. Even in the previous fight, the moment he regained conciousness the corpses had been removed. This was diffrent. This he could see, and smell.
He kneeled down in front of one of the corpses and touched the helmet. The eyes of the soldier were wide open. It frightened Avalanche, but he could not look away.

In the moment of silence he heard voices nearby. He decided to move to the source, walking slowly and quietly, afraid of remaining soldiers. He sneakily peered around the corner and noticed none of the people there were dressed in dark armor.
”Is everyone alright here?” He asked. He looked around. Next to Minby, Perry and Raya stood a familiar looking woman. Ansem and Snake seemed pretty injured.
”Avalanche? Is that you?” the woman asked.
”….Camilla!?” Avalanche said surprised, recognizing the woman.
”Whats with the dress?” she snickered.
”Its not a dress! They are robes or…..something….Its not a dress okay?”
“You sound so very defensive.”
Snickered Perry.
”….god damnit Perry……. sighed Avalanche before turning to Snake and Ansem.”Anyway, what happened to these two?”
“…..Snake pushed me aside and took the blow of a axe.”
Camilla said looking at Snake on the ground.
”By the way………Your welcome……” Snake groaned weakly, yet obviously annoyed.”Seriously, heal me already…….I need that blood inside me”
Avalanche nodded and sat down.”I’ll see what I can do.”

He pointed the crystal on his staff towards the wound and it started to radiate a soothing white light. Snake kept quiet, but Avalanche noticed the wound was closing slower then it usually went. He sighed while trying to use more energy, but couldn’t figure out how. He looked over at Ansem.
”What happened to you?” He asked.
”Ugh…..he did something……it was weird.” groaned Snake giving answer in stead.”My wound looked much worse before he looked at it……..will give a kick-ass scar though. Anyway, he closed up the wound and then….
”And then I got tired and needed to lay down.” continued Ansem.
”And then he realized he hurt himself and fell down like a bitch. corrected Snake
”Ugh, don’t complain you dickweed!” groaned Ansem pissed off.”I saved your sorry ass. I’m getting sick and tired of you being a douche while others are busting our asses to keep you and the sorry lot you keep as friends happy!!
Snake kept quiet for a moment.”Fine geesh, if you mad man…….”

Avalanche tried to ignore the argument and looked a little confused at Snake’s wound as the healing process went tediously slow. He couldn’t keep his concentration with Snake and Ansem bickering, but even then he should be closing the wound up a lot faster.
He carefully touched the wound but pulled back his hand in a frightened manner. He could feel something odd……It was healed quite nicely, but Avalanche felt disturbed touching it. Merely having contact with the wound gave him a small shock and a shiver down his spine.
He looked at Ansem and recalled the conversation he had earlier.
i don't really know what kind of Taint it is, but it can flow either from me or from my enemies. It's like a power source, it can be used for all kinds of things."
Avalanche looked down at Snake again as he was almost done closing up the wound.”Had Ansem used the taint to heal Snake? Was that safe?”
Avalanche wondered if Ansem had been using magic troughout the entire battle. He had told Avalanche he would try to use more conventional fighting techniques, but had also said the taint’s power felt amazing. He hoped healing Snake had just cost Ansem a lot of energy.

Snake carefully stood up, as the wound was almost completly gone. He moved his arm around a bit and gave a approving nod to Avalanche.”Next time be a little quicker though….” He said.”Bleeding on the ground, fearing for your life, next to blondie here gets real annoying, real fast.
”fuck you Snake.”
”I’ll take your word for it.” said Avalanche uninterested. He sat down next to Ansem to check up on him. There was some blood on his robes, but other then on his leg, there were no visible cuts or wounds. He assumed most blood wasn’t his.
”Why can’t I have a sexy nurse over here?” Said Ansem snickering as Avalanche had a grim experssion observing his wound.”Maybe Raya can— OUCH KUTFUCKING JEZUS MOET DAT?!” he cried as Avalanche poked the wound with his staff.
He started healing Ansem up, but felt his healing was gonna be even slower then Snake’s cause of the taint’s strong pressence.

”Does anyone else need healing?” Avalanche asked, looking up at Raya.
”I don’t think so…..” she said.”Is Omicron looking for Sah now?”
“Is Omicron here too?”
asked Avalanche surprised.”Blimey, we really are becomming a army aren’t we?”
“…….Didn’t Omicron tell you to go here?”
asked Raya.
”Actually I wandered off….. confessed Avalanche while seeing Ansem’s wound close very slowly. ”There aren’t many dark soldiers left, and with the arrival of the main army, I was looking for you.”

“………Then where did Omicron go?”
asked Raya

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:09 am

The plan had worked, a small force had been drawn out. It was at this point Weldar realized one of the seriously flaws in his plan. He was facing off against an entire army on his own and needed to think of a way to keep them occupied, a task that was proving surprisingly difficult.
Oh fuck, oh fuck oh fuck, oh fuck, this was a terrible idea. Shit calm down here, it shouldn't be too hard to make a getaway when the time comes. Just need to stall for as long as possible.
The illusionary "army" halted their march. The dark army was still a fair distance away, still plenty of time. The "army" held it's ground while the real Weldar slowly began inching backwards, hidden by the many clones and dustcloud. Periodically the rest of the army would flicker back next to him. They were only small jumps, blink and you'd miss them but they added up to slightly delay the inevitable clash. But the dark army was bound to notice something was wrong soon and constantly desyncing himself from the illusions like this was strenuous work. The effort was begging to take it's toll, the size of the illusion army was already dwindling and the dark army was getting closer now, more likely to see through the tricks. He was having trouble thinking how long this had been going on now, though that might have been mainly due to fatigue.
This can't last. Hopefully this is enough, time to finish things off.
The "army" stopped for real this time. The enemy was getting close now, close enough for them both to see each side seemed to look all identical now. It was a weird battle, almost surreal, the tiredness probably wasn't helping with that. They got closer and closer and then the illusion army was gone, or rather it was everywhere. The dark army was completely encircled by a ring of Weldars each with a pair of knives in hand. He was almost completely mentally drained by the constant illusions by now, he hardly even felt like he was really there any more.
Just... a bit.... longer...
The Weldar's went to move in but they clearly didn't have it in them. The ring had thinned out and shrunk, the few remaining clones were beginning to peter out and faulter before disappearing entirely. Leaving the dark army alone and confused.

Hidden from view beyond the crest of a hill the real Weldar collapsed. He tried to peek around to see what the Dark Army was doing, but couldn't quite muster up the effort to do it.
[i]Hopefully that... was long enough to a least... help a bit....[i]

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Spoiler:
Thanks go to Perry and Fed for their input~

"Holy crap, what happened to you guys?"

Raya turned to reply to Perry and baulked at the sight of him. He was utterly drenched in blood that clearly wasn't his, looking for all the world like some avatar of war that had come rampaging through the gates of Hell. Perry caught her look and was puzzled for a second before lifting his hand to his hair, discovering a lump of what looked suspiciously like brain matter tangled there. He flicked it off.

"Oh, sorry, my bad."

Raya turned a shade paler and chose not to comment "Snake and Ansem were injured, but Avalanche's taking care of them. Have you seen any of the others?" Perry shook his head "We'd better get a rolecall going, I didn't realise battles were so...chaotic. We'd better make sure everyone's still here-"

"Does anyone else need healing?" interrupted Avalanche. After their brief discourse they reached a worrying realisation.

"…Then where did Omicron go?"

It wasn't as if the camp was enormous- even if Omi had taken a wrong turn he still should have ran into another member of the group. How could he have got lost? Raya turned and noticed to her surprise that Fedaykin was no longer there. Where the hell had he gone? Reanimated corpse or not she expected him- as the closest thing they had to an actual physical doctor- to at least come over and see if Snake and Ansem were alright. He himself hadn't been looking too good either. So why had he-

A thought occurred to her.

"Fuuuuuuck." She whirled to her companion "Perry! Come with me!"

Perry hoisted his axes again, not being able to hide his slight grin at the prospect of more action "Think there's a problem?" he asked, following in her footsteps.

"I bloody hope not, I suddenly have a very very bad feel-" she was abruptly cut off as a near hysterical Omicron crashed into her.

"Goddammit Omi, again with the- wait, what's wrong?"

Omi had never been more relieved to see a friendly face "The zombie's gone berserk! It's trying to eat me!"

Perry instantly shifted into a fighting stance, expecting an attack any second "Where is he? Is he following you?"

"No, I managed to lock it in one of the pens, I think it's trapped there."

"Could you take us to him?"

Omi looked at Raya as if she was insane "Why? That thing's a monster! It tried to kill me! What could you possibly-"

"That thing is Fedaykin."

There was silence for a moment. Omicron climbed back to his feet and spoke, his voice completely level.

"It's this way."

------------------

The smell of rot was overpowering, a charnel house that had burst its doors and spilled the sickly sweet stench of decay outwards like a steadily encroaching mist. Omi led them into the miasma, eventually halting and pointing at a cage a good fair distance away.

There was a body in the cage. It lay crumpled in a heap, the thick smell enveloping it in a shroud. Already the flies had begun to gather in numbers, dancing lazily through the air above and crawling over the pallid skin. For all the world it appeared a corpse, but then there was movement- the clumsy tearing at the hard earth, crushed earthworms wriggling between blackened teeth, jaws gnawing at clumps of sod in a vain attempt to consume organic matter. The thing was dead, but it was still moving.

"Godallemachtig," whispered Perry in horrified revulsion.

The corpse sprang to sudden life at their voices, hurling itself with frightful speed at the cage bars. It howled and bayed in maddened hunger, hearing the blood pulsating in their veins and smelling the warm flesh clinging to their bones. Its torn hands clawed madly at the open air, jaws lunging forward in savage biting motions.

"It was...like this when it attacked me." Omi had shrank back a few steps, positioning himself partially behind Perry "I managed to trap it in there." He paused, nervous "Those bars will hold, won't they?"

Perry turned to him with a lopsided grin "If not, I'm sure I can handle it. I've plenty of- what the fuck are you doing Raya?!"

Raya was striding towards the cage, the occupant going mad at her approach. Perry made to run forward when she held up her hand to stop him. He hesitated, growled and held back. The bars was rattling madly with the undead's frenzied assault. If things went bad, could he clear the distance in time? He gripped his axe handles tighter and watched.

The corpse redoubled its efforts, the whole cage shaking from its efforts to get free. Thick bile-ridden spittle sprayed from its jaws as the sweet sweet scent of warm flesh filled its senses. Raya stopped just outside of arms reach, the hands lashing madly in her direction.

Necromancers could easily control the undead as they had no will of their own. All it took was a strong personality to assert itself over the animalistic Hunger. But Fedaykin wasn't like that- he had his own mind, his own desires, his own consciousness. This frenzy was not his own choice. Judging by the state his body was in, the trauma must have overwhelmed his mind, reverting to him to this bestial state. But that meant that, somewhere in there, was the real Fed.

"Fedaykin," she spoke in a stern voice. Then, louder "Fedaykin!"

The creature howled and continued to claw in her direction. She met that terrible burning gaze and yelled "Fedaykin, I know you're in there! Fight it! Control yourself!"

The corpse hesitated for a brief second. She could see the flickers of confusion on its face. Did it recognise her? What was going on in its mind? Did it even have a mind? They were hardly R and Julie, but if she could somehow bring him round..."Fedaykin, listen to me. You-"

A severed arm hit the bars and flopped to the floor between them.

In an instant the thing was upon it, tearing the flesh apart with its bare teeth, tendons and ligaments snapping and congealed blood spurting in thick dark clots. She whirled at the two boys behind her.

Perry pointed at Omicron.

"I thought it might break out and attack us. But if it's not hungry it might not be so dangerous..." he withered under her glare and pointed at the goatman "Perry threw it..."

Raya sighed and glanced back at Fedaykin, tearing apart the arm like a rabid dog. His body was already looking noticeably better, his muscles thickening out and skin looking slightly less worse than before. She grimaced and sat down on the edge of a trough, trying not to look at the feeding frenzy in the cage "I'd better wait here until he calms down. You guys check on the others, see that they're all safe." She nodded at Perry "You probably need a wash."

"Pfft, this doesn't make me look manly?" he glanced down at his furry hindquarters "Actually, I think it's starting to clot my fur..."

"You can borrow my hairdryer if you want. I'm sure you'll look good with a nice blowdry."

Perry shot her a mock-annoyed scowl and laughed, clapping Omi on the back "Let's get moving, I need to axe about the others."

Omicron was only too happy to get away from the caged undead "Yeah, of course...hey, hang on, did you just say 'axe'?"

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:03 pm

The hunter's plans had been foiled by unforseen consequences. It didn't curse, didn't blame the cruel fate or grew desperate. Such foolishness would just drain its limited resources.

The remaining options were limited as well, there was no route to escape visible. There was only one option left, energy saving mode. It fell flat on the ground, slowly digging in the dry ground, consuming the little lifeforce that could be found burried in the earth. The hunter had to wait for better opportunities, forever, if necessary. The numerous parasites attempting to get a piece of him were annoying, but in the end, not enough to take it down entirely. Sooner or later, there would be a chance to fulfill its' purpose... and apparently, it would be sooner. Three carriers were approaching the cage. The vicinity of so much lifeforce was even too much for the hunter to control, the Hunger owerpowered all last barriers and drove the corpse into a frenzy. Mobilizing all its reserves, it charged the gate, slamming itself into it with all the unholy might it had left, but to no avail. As if to mock it, one of the carriers approached even nearer, staying just outside of arm's reach. The frenzy intensified, the hunter was drowned by the feral, chaotic energies, which had been held in check by the last remnants of life force. Now, as there was nothing left, the mindless corpse would go on without any sense of selfpreservation, until it either successfully consumed or was put to an end. The carrier started to make noises with its facehole, not that the corpse cared, but there was something...

"...dayki..."

That sounded vaguely familiar...

"...ykin, I kn...you're..."

Regions in the rotting brain fired with activity. Not much, but...

"Fight it! Control yourself!"

Fedaykin opened his eyes. The stench of rot and grouse fluids covered his body and dirtied his white clothes. He touched his face and was shocked, when his aching fingers didn't meet a cheek, but teeth. As he opened his mouth to scream, he was in for a nasty surprise: his tongue hit the ground with a wet noise. He remembered hering a voice, a voice he never thought he'd hear again. Someone, who had been willing to trust him, believed in him now. He wouldn't let her down.

Fed looked around in his tiny prison. Once again, not much to see but a sturdy looking door made of metal. It had the obligatory bars, revealing a bit of the scenery outside. He drew himself closer, clinged on the bars and peeped outside. Apparently, he was in the center of his Inner Fortress, guarded by one of wraiths, who didn't even bother to check the strange noises coming from within the cell. Its' firey glare was directed at the end of the corridor, where other guardians fought familiar foes. The mists had managed to escape and charged the weakend minddefense squadron. This would have been a perfect moment to swallow and scream in despair, but neither was possible. He was in desperate need for help. He had to get into contact with... the black mist had sensed his presence and darted towards him. The guardian threw himself against the enemy. Both impacted on the prison door, knocking Fed back into the cell, landing hard on the floor, where he lost consciousness again...

In this moment, a piece of carrier, still having life in it, hit the gate and the floor right in front of the crazed monstrosity. Fighting itself out of the Chaos, the Hunter took control once more and fetched the vital boon. In an instant, it started feeding the Hunger, feeling the status of the vessel improving with every bite. It would not be enough to restore full functionality, but should be enough to set the Hunter to rest, though just barely.

Inside, the flow of energy turned the tide in favour of the guardians. As they grew stronger, they were able to incarcarate the mists once more. With this threat gone, they gathered at the saferoom's door. There they stood, not flickering, not moving. They awaited the awakening of their master in stoic silence.

Spoiler:
This is part one of my post, I wasn't able to complete it due to tiredness. Thanks here in advance to Minby for letting me control his character for this post and Raya for an epic setup. Stay tuned folks, same time, same Fed channel.

The things you do for friends, really. Raya sat there in silence, trying to avoid noticing the gory details of the Undead's meal. Facing a full grown battle was horrfying enough, but this here took horror to a new level. She remembered laughing at the bad Zombie flicks she had seen back home, now she wasn't sure, if she could ever do it again. Her thoughts trailed off, to the more pleasant past of watching films with her buddies and the roleplay evenings, especially that one, were Missingno had been the super secret boss. Good times, indeed...

"Aya...? What...happened? Snake?"

Fed's voice sounded even worse than he smelled, Raya was almost unable to understand a single word. Luckily she did, reading lips would have proven to be a challenge. She jumped up immedeiately and closed the distance to the cage with careful steps. Better to be safe than sorry, after all. "Fedaykin? You had me worried, I thought you were lost inside yourself..." "SNAKE?", screamed the Undead. Drops of bile landed on Raya's face, making her scowl, but she didn't retreat. "Yes, Snake is fine. Avalanche was patching him up just before I left to find you. For the what happened I had hoped to get some answers from you. I bet you made Omicron brown his pants." A smirk crossed her face, so fast that no one could have told, if it had even been there. The slowly regenerating muscles in the Zombie's face worked hard to resemble a confused look. "Micron...here...too? Why he...?" As if all energy had left him, Fedaykin slumped on his knees, not showing any further movement. He looked dead safe the unnatural glow of his eyes.

As a leader, you have to take risks. Raya understood, that this was one of those times. She considered taking one of her swords with her, but that would have been the wrong signal. She dropped them on the ground, yet still in reach, if she should really need them. Taking a deep breath, she unlocked the pen and opened the gate. Fed was sitting right in front of her, like a statue. The blonde woman slowly bended her knees, until her eyes gazed directly into his.

"I know, what you are thinking right now. Stop it, it was not your fault. You were knocked out, something else in you took over. We discussed this just yesterday remember? You. Didn't. Do. It." They remained like that for another minute. The Lich's flesh kept regenerating, like somebody had filmed the decaying process for weeks and now played it in fast rewind.

"You are right, it doesn't make it any easier though. I almost ate another forumer. I believe, I should not go to appologize myself immediaetely... He had enough scare." Fedaykin managed to smirk at Raya, aware of the condition of his teeth. She returned the favour, relaxing slightly, though still vigilant. "Hey... are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?" The concern in her voice was genuine, but Fedaykin shook his head as gently as possible. The sound of vertebrae relocating undermined the gesture a bit, but he spoke up anyway. "To be honest, I have to find out a lot myself, before I am able to answer your questions. I would prefer to distract myself a bit from what happened. The Hunger stil is there, but your revelation silenced it. If I don't get hurt, I should manage to stay conscious for some hours. If you have something for me to do, please tell me. After he finished croaking, Raya messured him with another thorough look. Finally, she sighed. "I can't pretend to understand, what the hell is going on in you, but you went through a lot. I still can't believe, how you managed to decay that fast... Anyway, somebody should check on Weldar. See the guard tower over there? Go up and take a look around, if you can spot him somewhere, he hasn't reported back yet. I'll send Minby along, his scouter should come in handy... come on, Fed, cheer up! Stop blaming yourself, already." It was Fedaykin turn to sigh, nodding slightly. "I'll try... thank you. You came through to me, when it almost was too late. I'll explain everything I can, once I get all my senses back together...and probably after a long bath, too." Slowly, he turned towards the tower, taking one slow, careful step after another. He just stopped for a second, to turn his head back to his companion. "I would really appreciate, if this incident could be kept secret, at least for a while. And if you really need some answers now, there might be someone, who should be able to give you a few. Ansem has a secret, that he is not sharing with us. He continued his slow stride, feeling Raya's glare in his back for a while.

A different Fedaykin made a slow and painful journey as well. Still half rotten, he made his way out of the Fortress, secured and guarded by his now docile wraiths. Something had changed on the outside. Rays of light illuminated the darkness. He didn't know, what caused it, but he took it as a good sign.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 am

Snake, feeling a little woozy but otherwise fine, had walked the camp a few times to regain some sense of movement and direction.... And to maybe steal some things. He searches a few bodies, and some chests in some of the.... larger, nicer tents.

You have found Chains! You have found Iron Pebbles!

He was overjoyed by his findings, as he was now very close to crafting what he had wanted.

"Hey, where is everyone?" Snake said, walking back to the middle of the enemy camp. After a minute of walking, he came to a group of Forumers, all watching Fed in a cage. Wait, why the fuck was Fed in a cage to begin with?

"Is.... Everything alright with Fed?" Snake asked. Raya turned to him

"Yes, Fedaykin is alright. And we are glad you are as well. the enemy is defeated, and we can continue on now." The group cheered as the NPCs gathered what we needed to continue on our journey. As everyone started talking, Snake walked to Raya

"You know, I just realized something, Raya.... I don't think this camp had a boss, did it?"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Fedaykin and Minby slipped out of the fortress gates, climbing a watchtower just outside the palisades. A quick search and a rolecall had shown Weldar was nowhere to be found; he had to have been still out on the open ground somewhere. The pair were ideally suited for the task of finding him- it was still dark, so a regular person would have trouble trying to find a lost soul out there. But with his undead vision Feday would easily be able to spot the orange glow of the living against the night. And if the glow wasn't there...it would be Minby who would locate him.

Both heaved a sigh of relief as they spotted the dim orange light some distance away from the camp. It was faint, it was weak, but it was still there. The two took off, Minby constantly checking his natural speed to stay level with Feday. The undead was looking much better than before, but still in a frightful condition. His initial regeneration had slowed down, but if he looked hard enough he could still see movement swimming beneath the grey skin, hear the occasional click as a bone slid back into place. Minby shuddered and tried not to notice.

Eventually they came across the unconscious Weldar, half-concealed in the long grass. Feday swore and dropped to the ground beside him, worry turning to relief as a quick check revealed he wasn't badly hurt "He's fine, he's just exhausted." He gave Weldar a gentle shake "Weldar, can you hear me? Are you alright?"

Weldar groggily came round, the momentary look of horror at seeing the leering visage hovering above him immediately replaced by a more pressing terror "Shit, where are they?! We've got to move, we've go-"

"Calm down," Fed pressed a hand to his shoulder, preventing his comrade from leaping to his feet "You're safe, we won. There's no one here."

"But where-" Weldar looked around confused "They were right here, they-"

Minby shot Feday a knowing look then stepped forward, offering out his hand "C'mon, let's get back to camp. It's been a rough night."

As Weldar was helped back to his feet Fed glanced over to the warm glow spreading slowly across the horizon, giving it an appreciative nod "At least it's over now. The day's finally here."

Minby looked at him puzzled "What are you talking about? It's the middle of the night."

The undead pointed over his shoulder "The sun's coming up over there."

"Fed, that's the south. It's still dark."

There was a long moment of silence. Fedaykin turned and looked once again at the golden light in the distance whilst Minby clicked his scanner. They reached the same terrible conclusion in the same terrible instant.

"Oh dear God..."

-----------

Back in the camp, the members of the TWBB forum had gathered together to take stock. Everyone was in fairly high spirits- not only had they pulled through with very little injury they all were elated at their newfound abilities and strengths. There was nothing now that could stand in their way- they'd march south into Worent, liberate it, drive the Army back from whence it came and finally go home. Saving the world would be a cinch.

"You know, I just realized something, Raya...." said Snake "I don't think this camp had a boss, did it?"

She poked him playfully "Don't jinx us Snake. Not every encounter has to involve a boss battle. I'm sure we-" They were suddenly interrupted by Fedaykin, Minby and Weldar hurtling into their midsts in a blind panic. Barely able to get sense out of the terrified trio they were dragged to the front gates. At first nothing could be seen against the night, but then it slowly came into focus- an immense horde, tens of thousands strong, spread across the entire horizon. So great were their numbers that to Fedaykin their combined glows had seemed a sunrise. The main force of the Army was on the march, sweeping across the open plains towards them. The camp was thrown into an uproar as the alarm was raised, the joviality of victory suddenly forgotten in the face of this new threat.

"We can't stand up to that!" exclaimed Raya, staring aghast at the horde before them "We've got to fall back!"

"I can see you play Skaven," said TJ ruefully. She shot him a dirty look.

"If you want to stay here and do a one man waaargh against all them then by all means be my guest."

"I agree with Raya," spoke up Requiem "There's literally thousands of them. We need to retreat and-"

"No can do, lads and lassies." The group parted ranks as Dartyk and Moredain, the generals of the combined human and dwarf forces, strode in. It was Dartyk who spoke "This is our final stand. If we fall back we lead the Army straight into our homeland."

"We cannae allow them that." Moredain adjusted his beard "We've sent our fastest messengers back to raise the alarm. We'll give the Army as good as we've got. That'll hold them up for a good while. By the time they reach Highland the rest of state should have raised the defences."

"Are you INSANE?!" screeched td with uncharacteristic vehemence. He shrank back at the surprised stares "I mean...there's no hope of us winning. We'll all be killed!"

"Aye lad. But we'll sell our lives dearly."

There was a horrified silence.

"It's not your fate to die here today." It was Vandir, striding forth with determined purpose. He reached into his tunic, pulling out a scroll and pressing it into Avalanche's hands. It bore the red wax seal of the Wyndian royal family "This document is an official order from the King himself, requesting your safe passage through any city state you find yourself in. I was hoping I would be the one to escort you, but it's not to be. You need to flee east, into Leknaat. Go seek out the Ruling Council, tell them what is happening and beseech their aid. Their paladins are mighty paragons, strong and resolute. If anyone can turn the tide it would be them." He nodded at Fedaykin, Perry and Ansem "Be warned, they don't take too kindly to your sort there. Keep your heads down and don't antagonise them."

"What do you mean, you won't be coming with us?!" Avalanche's voice cut short Vandir's speech "You can't stay here! It's suicide!"

"Avalanche-"

"You said you'd stay and protect us! You didn't lead us across the border just to get slaughtered here! You need to come with us, you need to-"

"AVALANCHE!"

Vandir's roar abruptly shut him up. The soldier smiled apologetically.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple. No matter how hard we fight, no matter how noble our cause, we alone cannot turn back the tide of the Army. Our only hope lies with you. The people of Wyndia and Highland believe in you, Larissa believes in you, I believe in you. And that's why I'm staying here. You need to survive. You need to rally the other city states, show them your power and drive the Army back to the Hell that spawned it. If I can hold them back for just a few seconds, give you a little extra time to escape...then my death will be worth it."

"But-"

He shook his head with a wry smile "I knew I wouldn't be able to lead you all the way. Yet, in the short time I've known you, I know I can place my faith in you. You're young, you're inexperienced, but...I can see what you'll become. It won't be an easy path and you'll make many sacrifices, suffer many hardships, but promise me this: that you'll never give up. Keep fighting, keep going and never, ever surrender. If not for me, if not for our world, then for yourselves. Stand tall, refuse to be broken, and you'll save us all."

There was a moment of painful silence. Every person there knew that Vandir spoke the truth, yet none wanted to admit to it. Dartyk broke the silence and gestured for a nearby soldier.

"I'll prepare our fastest horses for you. They won't get you across mountains but it should be enough to get you ahead of the Army and into the foothills of Leknaat. From there you should easily be able to reach the capital."

He turned to lead them away but the members hesitated, realising this was likely the last time they would ever see their companion and guardian. He smiled sadly.

"Hurry up, you don't have much time. If you leave now you'll have a good head start."

It was Perry who voiced what everyone wanted to say.

"Vandir...thanks. Thanks for everything."

The captain shook his head in mild embarrassment "And to you, all of you. Do me proud."

The members filed away after Dartyk and were soon galloping north east across the darkened plains towards Leknaat. From the open gates Vandir and the dwarf general watched them go.

"That was a brave thing you did lad," said Moredain, patting him on the back. Vandir sighed and watched the group steadily fade away into the gloom.

"It's for the best. The Army has no idea of their existence. If they can stay undetected they'll find it a lot easier to carry out their mission. But if the Army became aware of them..." he shook his head "No, I'd only draw attention to them. In the long run I'd only slow them down. Their chances of survival are much greater if I remain here."

Moredain adjusted his beard again "Let's hope for all our sakes you're right laddie." He hoisted his warhammer onto his broad shoulders "Now, I reckon we should be receiving visitors any second now. Care to join me in welcoming our guests?"

Vandir cracked a half-smile "Be there in a moment." He waited until Moredain had marched out of sight then reached into the front of his tunic, pulling free a thin chain necklace. Attached was a locket. He opened it. Inside were sketched a few words opposite a picture of Larissa, smiling sweetly. He gazed at it for a long moment, unable to hide the shimmer in his eyes.

"It's for the best..."

The blare of a carnyx sang out across the camp. Vandir hastily blinked, tucking the locket safely back against his heart. His jaw set in steely resolution, he marched towards the waiting battleline.

------------------------

The members halted on top of one of the rolling ridges, turning for one last look at the camp behind them. With the torches lit and the glint of armour across the battlements it shone like a beacon against the night. And rushing towards it came the Army, finally breaking out into a charge. There were no war cries, no bellows of bloodlust or savagery, just the endless rumble of countless feet pounding into the dry earth, the clank of spears lowered and swords drawn. And then, at its head...

He was astride a great black charger, its breath snorting like smoke in the cold air, hooves tearing great gouges from the ground in its eagerness to reach the foe. He was dressed in his finest military uniform, immaculate and decorated, midnight cloak billowing fiercely behind him. His bastard sword was drawn, held ready to sweep down and scythe apart the living like blades of grass. He roared his troops onwards, a corona of dark energy crackling around him, dancing across his limbs and infusing him with unholy strength. And in that terrible, terrible instant they knew that someday they would face him, that their blood would be spilled by that heavy blade- Victor, first of the Generals of the Nameless Army.

The black tide crashed into the camp, sweeping around the defences to tear them down. The screams reached them even at this distance. Tearing their eyes away from the carnage they turned and galloped off into east.

The first light of the morning sun began to warm the horizon. Beyond that lay Leknaat, and hopefully salvation. After all, ahead could not lie horrors worse than that they had already witnessed. Somewhere in the near future had to be the dawn.

Behind them the great maw of darkness closed around the camp and snuffed out the light.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top