Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Who cares? I'm just going to die here. The team won't care. I'm just a burden.

The zombie creatures shuffled forward, and the girl's hand trembled as she clutched her small blade.

Like they need a shapeshifter anyway. What good have I ever done?

Her whole body shook, threatening to change in to something - she didn't quite know what.

If it weren't for me, Weldar wouldn't be dead. I could've protected him much better.

She took a step sideways, unconsciously. She could hold her own in a fight, but she didn't think she could manage against a group like this.

No.

She ran, legs pounding the ground as hard as the could, her heart racing in her head as she closed her eyes and bolted. A terrible idea. As her right foot hit nothingness, she gulped in terror, but it was too late. She fell, sliding down the cliff's edge, managing to shift her body to become light enough to cradle the fall. Shaking, she shifted back to her normal self, she got to her feet, finding a small opening on the cliff facing, leading to some sort of cave. She was alone now, she knew this for sure. And she had no idea how she was going to get back. It wasn't as though she could fly, or anyone could, really. Entering the cave, she huddled in to a small ball, her face emotionless but her mind racing.

((wow it's really shitty I'm really sorry Raya))

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 am

Fed cursed heartily, as he got a rather big chunk of liver to the head, dazing him for a moment. They had finally cought up with Perry, their assailants hot on their heels. The Faun needed a couple of seconds to snap back to reality, slightly disturbed by what just had happened. Of course he had heard about landmines, but corpsemines? That's just rude and disrespectful. His thoughts were interrupted, when Raya pointed one of her swords towards a hill surrounded by a half-circle of dragon remains, yelling at the group to move their asses up there. A defendable place was exactly what they needed, otherwise they might end up getting slaughtered on the open field.

A high-pitched scream errupted from behind. Against better judgement, Fedaykin turned around his head while stumbling forward. He really shouldn't have. That sight would probably haunt him forever in his sleep...oh wait. Still, he wished for some mind bleach, as he saw the red-haired woman sink two nasty looking daggers, resembling predator teeth, into one of her minions. She was standing right behind him, one blade cutting deep down behind his sternum, the other one piercing upwards into his groin. The man's face was visible, an eerie smile on his lips, as he experienced his personal rapture. The Lich's vision revealed to him, that the life essence was being forcefully sucked out through the blades, as suddenly the man's eyes turned into shining pools of blue....similar to his own. The reanimated corpse sniffed the blood-soaked air, growled and gave chase to the prey it had been directed to. The redhead licked off the remaining blood from the dagger, the stolen lifeforce pulsating hot through her veins. Almost immediately after, she drew complicated runes and symbols into the air with the other blade, the blood coming off and floating midair. The dragon bones in a large area around the heroes started vibrating, attling in the dirt.

"What the... PEOPLE, LEG IT! WATCH YOUR STEPS, DON'T STEP ON ANY BONES!"

Accompanied by a cacaphony straight from hell, they reached the foot og the hill. The fighters took a defensive stance, while Omi and Requiem placed themselves slightly behind them, ready to take pot shots at the robed figures. To their surprise, the necromancers had stopped their pursuit just outside of the archer's range. There was just a shambling figure running towards them. Oddly enough, the rattling bones in the ground fell silent once the creature passed them.

"Does anybody else notice something coming from the fossiles, swirling around that thing?", Requiem inquired.

"Nope. Does anybody else see that thing having blue shining eyes?"

"Nope."

"Goddamnit, I knew Sah fucking jinxed it..."

"Focus, people, something's happening", Perry roared, "Whatever's gonna come next, it won't be pretty."

The Faun was right. With every step the creature came closer, it seemed to gain more mass, grew bulkier. The fingers gained length, the nails turning into razorlike talons. The mouth transformed into a weird cross between beak and snout, sharp fangs glittering in it, covered in saliva.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lUr8z0XU8]As the creature got closer, the necromancers fell into a eerie chant.[/youtube]

As it picked up speed, it let out a highpitched screech, heading straight for the center of the formation currently held by Perry, who was fighting the temptation to charge in himself. If the beast managed to overcome him, he'd leave his friends weakend and open to a push from the necromancers. Keeping the formation up was crucial. It had helped the Romans to conquer an empire, so it should be of good use to the champions as well. The Faun braced for impact, as arrows whizzed past his ears from behind, ineffectivly piercing themselves into the stampeding abomination.

Perry roared, as he swung one of his trusty axes back to the side, then channeling the force of the movement into a devestating chop aimed for the monster's neck. He knew his Zombie lore: getting rid of the head equals getting rid of the problem. Too bad the undead wasn't making it that easy for him. Moments before the impact, it leaped at the Dutch, arms crossed in front of the chest, talons pointed at the outside. To make matters worse, it set itself into a spinning motion. Unable to stop mid-swing, Perry did his best to redirect the blow, but narrowly missed the beast, while he shielded himself with his other arm. Seemingly out of nowhere, a Holy Shield materialised between the monster and the defender, but it didn't hold. It splintered like a shard of glass caught between a hammer and anvil, but it had managed to absorb quite a lot of the force, so that Perry just stumbled a couple of steps backwards, struggling for balance, instead of flying the distance.

The creature landed smoothly on its feet, slashing out immediately to both sides, forcing Fed and Raya to jump out of harm's way. The exposure to holy magic made its skin blister and wither, but it was relentless in its attacks. Requiem was unable to get a clear shot, so he bided his time to land a blow with his gauntlet, if the opportunity should arrise. Relmitos seemed to be unsure what to do. He was still new to this battlefield business, where there was no place to hide. The whip was a handy tool and a devious weapon, but not exactly suited to deal with the situation at hand.

Fed caught Raya's glance. Both knew, that Perry had been right. Even more so, if they weren't able to dispatch this abomination, things would turn sour pretty fast.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Camilla sat curled up against the wall of the cave, legs pulled up to her chest and face buried into her knees. This was hopeless. She was lost, her friends would never find her- if they even bothered to go looking for her- and she was stuck on this stupid island filled with zombies and God-knows what, and all she wanted to do was go home and be safe and have Weldar alive again and-.

Something gently bumped against her, and to her surprise found it was a small black dog. It was a little terrier, wagging its tail and smiling up at her with a ridiculously happy expression.

The fuck?

“Arf!” said the dog helpfully.

Camilla stared at the dog in mild alarm and confusion, wondering if she’d perhaps hit her head on her fall down the cliff. Seeing as it had got her attention the dog barked happily and ran back a few metres further into the cave, before pausing and looking at her expectantly.

“You want me to follow you?” asked Camilla.

“Woof!” answered the dog.

Camilla snorted. This was ridiculous. No, she was not going to go wandering into the depths of a cave following a mysterious terrier-out-of-nowhere. What was a dog even doing here in the first place? It made no sense. Very little had made sense since coming into this world, but the dog had made the very least of it. No, she was going to stay right where she was, thank you very much.

As if sensing her reluctance the dog ran forward and tugged at her sleeve before running back again and barking. Why was it so insistent? A thought occurred to her that perhaps it belonged to someone, that it was trying to fetch them help, like a smaller more annoying version of Lassie. Perhaps…perhaps it was the royal family? Of course, now that certainly made more sense! She got to her feet and hesitated, looking back at the cave entrance. What if the royal family were in danger? Should she go and fetch the others? She was weak of course and useless; if they were in danger she wouldn’t be able to do anything, hell she’d probably just get herself in trouble too and let everyone down and-

No, she was not going to think like that! She was going to do it, she was going to prove to everyone that she could accomplish something. She was going to prove it to herself. She turned away and, to the dog’s incessant delight, followed it deeper into the cave.

------------

She had barely travelled down the winding cave before it opened up before her and she found herself standing in what was once a circular cavern. The ceiling had fallen in, revealing the murky foggy sky above, and the walls were tall and foreboding. The dog was happily sitting in the middle of the cavern, wagging its tail so hard she expected it to break off any second. There didn’t appear to be any sign of life.

“Hello?” called Camilla timidly, nervously edging forward “Anyone here?” Nothing answered and she approached the dog “What’s goin-“

From the darkness thick mist began to surge towards her and she could feel the unnatural power radiating from it. She shrieked and turned to run, but the passageway she’d come through no longer existed. There was nothing but a solid wall. She tried to run a different direction but the mist swept around the edges of the cavern to surround her, growing thicker and thicker, and now she could sense there was an intelligence behind it, and that it was immensely interested in her. Camilla tried to run but the mist was faster, corralling her into the centre and blocking her escape. She pulled out her dagger and held it in front of her, knowing full well it would do nothing against the mist. She trembled, cursing herself over and over for being so stupid.

The dog seemed unfazed by all this, looking about happily with a derpy expression on its face. She wanted to kick it.

Part of the mist detached itself and moved forwards. As she watched it grew thicker and coalesced into an upright shape; now she could make out muscular forearms, heavy set claws, a reptilian head crowned with crescent horns, framed by a mighty set of leathery wings. The dragon spirit rose high above her, its ghostly image flickering in and out of the mist it had materialised from. Camilla screamed and scrambled backwards, waving her dagger in a desperate attempt to defend herself.

There was a rumble as the spirit’s jaws opened and flexed, the teeth leaving trails of fog in their wake, and it cleared its throat “Calm thineself, we shalt not deliver harm unto thee,” spoke the dragon in a deep, raspy baritone. It glanced down at the dagger “Though even if I didst draw breath I doubt thee could have done much with that little pin.”

Camilla’s eyes widened in surprise but made no move to lower her dagger, still cautious and not convinced she wasn’t in danger. Around her the mist was drawing in and now she could make out other shapes within: the flicker of teeth, the shape of a tail, a pair of eyes staring at her. She was surrounded on all sides by ghosts of the dragons. It was not reassuring.

“What do you want?” asked Camilla, attempting to keep the bravado in her voice.

“Alas, where art mine manners?” The dragon before her placed a clawed hand against his chest, wisps of mist swirling off his form as he moved “I am Aratorn. I shalt speak for mine brethren, as I was one of the few who took the time to learn thy strange tongue. I must beseech thy forgiveness, it has been a very long time since I hast conversed with the lesser races.”

“I can tell,” muttered Camilla.

The dog bumped against her leg affectionately and she glared down at it. “Do not mind little Barnabus,” said Aratorn with a smile “He’s just curious. This is the first time he’s met a human he didn’t need to kill.”

Camilla glanced down and the dog collapsed in on itself, dissolving into thick mist and swirling around her legs. From within she could make out a shape of a baby dragon, the size of a cat and covered in downy fluff, giggling as its image flickered in and out. She shuddered looked away.

Aratorn continued “Let me assure thee that we mean thee no harm. We shalt not raise a claw against thee whilst thee are on the Isle.”

Camilla was still not entirely convinced “Why not? What’s going on here? What do you want with me?”

“We…we need thy help.”

Camilla startled and he continued “What thee see here is the last of our kind,” said Aratorn “We art the last line of defence. We art the ones that uphold the enchantments. We art the ones who terrify and destroy intruders in the graveyard. We gave up our souls and our final rest to become the wardens of the Isle.”

“But why? Why is it so important to keep people out?”

“We art not trying to keep something out. We art trying to keep something in.”

Camilla’s blood ran cold “Something in? You mean there’s something-“

“Kilanirax,” spat Aratorn.

Kilanirax… came the whisper amongst the spirits. Camilla looked around at them. The mist was swirling angrily and she glimpsed flashed fangs and claws.

“Kilanirax was the mightiest sorcerer amongst our kind, nay, perhaps the mightiest the world hath ever known. But we dragons, though we live for millennia, art not immortal. As he felt his years slip away he grew afraid. Rather than accept his mortality he chose to defy it. His heart grew wicked and he turned to the dark arts, desperate to cheat death’s hold. In the Southlands he held court, using his might to bend the people to his will. His worshippers sacrificed thousands, millions, in great bloody rituals, to grant their great black dragon god of death a few more minutes of life. It wasn’t enough. There was only one way to ensure his immortality. To perform a ritual to ascend to daemonhood. And for that he needed much more than the blood of human, elf and faun…he needed us.”

There was a sharp tug of wind by her feet as Barnabus scrambled away and she saw his form meld into the mist. Aratorn continued in a low voice, his head bowed.

“We never saw it coming. We never expected such a betrayal, not from one of our own kind. In a single great spell he tore out the souls of every dragon within a thousand miles. The souls fuelled the ritual and it grew and grew, a great wave that swept across the land, devouring the souls of all our kind. Hatchlings, elders, mothers on their nests, all fell, none could withstand it. The door to the demon realms opened and Kilanirax began his ascent. There was but one way to stop him.

“Those of us who were left…killed ourselves and bound our souls to items in the material realm, like how lich still clings to its mortal form. Unable to take the last few souls the ritual faltered and failed, and the black dragon was dragged screaming into the demon realms. His followers scattered, broken without their god, but the damage had been done. Though the world was saved from enslavement to the darkness, our kind were gone.

“But evil is unto a cancer, and we knew others would walk the same path, and try to complete the ritual to bring Kilanirax back to this plane of existence. And thus we took vigil on the Isle. The final resting place of our kind is a great conduit of dark magic, and those that seek to complete the ritual require its power. And so we wove enchantments to protect this place, and thus protect the world. Those who come we drive mad with fear, their bones to lie amongst those of our ancestors. All to keep the rest safe.”

Camilla’s head was hurting from this impromptu history lesson, but a frightening realisation was slowly beginning to dawn on her “So what has this got to do with me?”

“There art others on the island. Necromancers of great power who dispel our magic and cast wards of their own. They art here to complete the great ritual, and we cannot do anything to stop them.”

“Whoa, whoa, wait, are you honestly expecting me to help you? Look at me,” Camilla pointed to herself “What can I do? I tried to threaten you with a dagger for fuck’s sake!”

“Must thee ask? We knowst what thou are. Thou art a shifter.”

Camilla stiffened “How did-“

“We canst sense the greatness within thee, even if thou doubts it. To us it shines like a guiding light. We knowst that there is a strength within thee perhaps greater than ourselves. It was well known we dragons could take human form,” said Aratorn with a smile “Is it hard to believe that the draconic spark does not reside still within the hearts of men?”

Camilla shook her head “You’re wrong. Look at me, I’m weak, I’m useless, I’m…nothing. Why are you asking me? Why not the others? Perry’s strong, Q can use magic, Raya can lead people, I…” her voice dropped to a whisper “I can’t.”

“Doubt is what kills people!” roared Aratorn “Ye are more than what ye believe! We hast maintained our vigil for millennia, and in our time of need ye waste time thinking thou art weak? If thou art weak why didst ye come here? Why didst ye draw thy dagger to stand against us? Why dost thy friends stand beside thee and place their trust in thee?” His visage softened “I understand thy fear. Once too I was mortal, as were we all. We fear too, as our millennia of sacrifice may be all for naught if the ritual is completed. Please, thou must help us.”

Camilla sighed “How?”

“The necromancers hath assembled twixt the pillars in the centre of the Isle. There they hath prisoners of noble and powerful blood they wish to sacrifice. Doing so shalt open the portal between our worlds and Kilanirax shalt emerge and bring about a reign of darkness that shalt never end.”

“Noble and powerful blood?” it clicked for Camilla “They’re going to sacrifice the royal family!”

“We can no longer enter the centre of the Isle, they have wrought enchantments that prevent our passage, and their undead servants are immune to illusions. Only thee, a mortal, can pass through and stop them.”

A wave of determination passed through Camilla. Their entire reason for being here was to find the royal family, and now she knew their location! This rescue mission was going to turn ugly very quickly, but…”We can stop them. I just need to find my friends and-“

“Thy friends?” asked Aratorn puzzled.

“The people I came to the island with.”

“…oh dear.”

Camilla stiffened “What do you mean, oh dear?!”

Aratorn smiled sheepishly- as sheepish as a large reptilian monster could be “We deactivated the enchantments to grant thee safe passage, but not for thy comrades. We didn’t think they were important.”

“What are you saying?!”

“I’m saying there may have been some accidents.”

The colour drained from Camilla’s face “I’ve got to get back!” She spun to see the passage had reopened behind her and she sprinted towards it, the mist parting before her. As the sound of her footsteps faded away part of the mist swept towards Aratorn and rose up beside him.

“<Do you believe she can do it?>” asked a voice in draconic. Aratorn bowed his head.

“<Yes. What choice do we have?>”

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Spoiler:
woah I made a large post. Spooky, I know.

Relmitos followed the group sulking a bit. While he himself thought that splitting up into seperate groups wasn't a good idea, Fedaykin did bring up some good points as to why they probably should do so, and the rest of the group agreed. With the vast majority of the group agreeing to split up, there was no other option then to follow the assigned team, stick together, and act like one. The teams were split fairly nicely at least.

You know, I probably shouldn't be as paranoid about this as I am. Granted, I haven't seen them in battle personally, but from the stories they've told me, they're more then capable. I just need to place my faith on their abilities, surely they can handle things should something come up. Wait, why are we stopping? Oh, a break. Ok.

The group scattered around in the small area into their own little groups, while Relmitos just cautiously examines the area around him. With a discerning gaze he begins to assess the situation at hand.

First things first, let's figure out what all is in the immediate area and see what I have to work with. Thievery 101, be aware of your surroundings and be perfectly ready and able to use them at a moments notice. Sharp, jagged rocks and boulders of all shapes and sizes. Piles of bones of various sizes ranging from "Raya can wear them like helmets" to "We could find a hollowed bone and use it for shelter". Lots of hiding places, definitely. Shadows readily available, excellent.

He turns his head to examine the others and sees Perry and Avalanche having a riveting conversation of some sort, something about phoenix downs. Raya giving Requiem a small lesson on fossils. As interesting as they may be, to Relmitos, they're just a different form of currency in his eyes. There's many that would buy some exquisite samples of fossils for insanely high prices. Chances are dragon bones would fetch a hefty sum. Something about this scene stirred a memory in the back of his mind.

What does this remind me of? Hmmm........what could it.....oh! I remember now. It was one of my last nights in Leknaat, right before I got out of that hell hole and met up with my friends. All things considered, that was a horrible night. To have a curse.

}~~~~sometime back in Leknaat~~~~{
It was late at night, when most people lock their doors and stay inside for fear of what would happen if they were caught wandering around at this late hour. One fool hardy merchant was hurrying to get from his shop to his house this late at night. Unfortunately for him, he was being tailed.

Hiding behind a stack of boxes, Relmitos looks over to one of his accomplices and makes a few hand gestures, and he does the same to yet another. The merchant unwittingly walks into the middle of the ambush location. In one quick strike, the group of thieves jump out from their cover and mug the poor man. A few quick lashes with the whip and the merchant wasn't making much noise anymore.

"Well boys, that's another successful job. Life's good, isn't it? As good as it can be for some street rats, anyway."

}~~~~Back in the present on zombie dragon isle~~~~{

A bright flashing light and some screeching snaps Relmitos back into reality. A quick assessment was that the attacker was an assassin of sorts, and while the others were discussing what to do about it, Relmitos' eyes widened in sudden realization and horror.

Oh hell.......that's what this scene reminded me of. That time me and the boys ambushed that merchant.......except this time, we're the merchants. That's not good.

He hurriedly grabs the attention of his team mates.

"Guys, listen, I know this might sound a little crazy, but we need to leave. Don't ask why or how I know, we just need to go. NOW!"

Unfortunately this warning was given a little to late, as more of the first attacker's comrades appeared to attempt to finish off what the first assassin failed to. Our frontline charged ahead and met theirs.

Well, if they're taking out the front, guess I better defend the rear. Let's see what we've got here.

In one quick motion, Relmitos whirls around, unfurls his whip, cracks it on the ground, and finds himself staring down two necromancers.

"Two of you, eh? This makes things a bit more interesting, doesn't it?"

The two necromancers exchange words and make a few complicated hand gestures, most likely forming some plan of attack to go after their prey with. After a few moments they settled on a plan of attack, got in the ready position, and started charging forward.

"Really guys? All of those funny hand movements just to say 'charge him'? Overkill."

Either way, the necromancers were running full steam towards the elf, murderous intent clearly shown on their face. They were quickly closing in, yet Relmitos just stood there all calm and collected like nothing was happening. The assailants had closed the gap rapidly and within a few more seconds they would be within range to cut the elf down where he stood. Right before they were about to reach him however, a small cloud of shadows enveloped Relmitos. The necromancers weren't about to be detered by a small puff of smoke however, and they continued their charge. So focused and determined to slay their prey, they failed to notice the quick whip strike; Relmitos had flicked the whip out and wrapped it around the necromancer on the farside's leg, causing him to fall, and the closer one to trip over the extended whip.

"Come on guys, your gonna have to try harder then that, really." said Relmitos, grinning slyly. The two necromancers scurry to their feet to regain their composure, quickly locate the elf, and have a hurried and hushed debate on how to attack. While they're doing such, a small glint catches Relmitos' eyes.

Hmmm? What do we have here? One of those two appear to be carrying something shiny. I'll have to keep a look out for that, maybe I'll, uh, libterate it. For the greater good, of course.

His thoughts are broken as the necromancers started to make their advance in a flanking maneuver. In a short frame of time, they stood on both sides of Relmitos. They leveled their swords and, once again, ran towards him. "Oh, you one trick ponies. Is that all you know how to do?"

Wait for it......wait for it.....

The necromancers closed the gap rapidly and would be upon him in a few seconds.

Bingo. Now!

In one quick motion, Relmitos envelopes himself in a mass of shadows, ducks, and does a quick roll forward. The necromancers, expecting an elf shishkibob, could not stop themselves in time and skewered each other, unaware of what happened or how they got wounded. In one last move Relmitos, himself unaware of the results of his technique due to the shadows obscuring his vision, took his whip in hand and slung it into the cloud of darkness. A cracking noise confirming the connection, Relmitos twirls around and slings the whip downward, slamming the two necromancers into the ground. Within seconds the shadows dissipate, showing the two motionless on the ground. Relmitos stands there for a bit smirking to himself, admiring his own work.

Oh yeah, who's a bad ass? That's right, that would be me. First confrontation and boom! Victory. Now to claim that goodie I saw earlier. To the winner goes the spoils, afterall.

Relmitos goes towards the dead necromancers and pushes one to the side, revealing the one with the shiny. The shiny appears to be a necklace the necromancer was wearing. He yanks the amulet from around the necromancer's neck and examines it, twirling it around in his fingers to get a good look at it. The amulet itself appears to be a small gold coin with a gem laden in it.

Oh my. This thing is pretty. I bet I could make a mint selling this to some merchant or something along those lines. Or something.

A loud noise to the side startles Relmitos a bit causing him to accidently drop the amulet into one of the dead necromancers, drenching it in some of the necromancer's own blood.

Well, no matter, a little bit of water and it'll wash right off. Probably.

He pockets his prize and looks around the battlefield to get an idea of the current state of the encounter. Things seem to be going well enough. Then his eyes land on Fedaykin who had been engaged in combat. A necromancer was coming up behind Fedaykin, ready to strike the zombie down from behind. Eyes wide open, Relmitos takes off at a sprint towards the pair.

Well, that's probably not a good thing to let happen. Yes, yes, Fed is some zombie thing, but a sword to the back more then likely still doesn't feel to good.

Spinning the whip around a few times to build some momentum, he throws the whip towards to necromancer and connects with his target around the neck, and yanks hard. The necromancer, caught by surprise, drops his weapon and falls backwards, smashing into the ground. After a quick wink to Fedaykin he covers himself in shadow and warps a short distance.

A quick yell from Fedaykin grabs Relmitos' attention.

Don't step on the bones? Uh....ok. Done. You know what, it would probably be a good idea to meet up with the rest of the group.

Relmitos turns around and sprints toward the group when a zombie gets in between them. Thinking fast on his feet, he quickly spins his whip around and slings it towards the zombie and wraps it around the zombie's head. With a very hard and quick pull, the zombie's head spins around and pops off of it's shoulders.

And people tell me whips aren't good weapons for some odd reason. I don't get it.

He quickly gets to the rest of the group before anything else pops up and gets in formation. One quick crack of the whip and he's ready to move out.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:44 am

The fight was bloody and corpsey, but what would one expect when fighting necromancers. Fed and raya were doing great with dispatching the enemies, and even Relm proved to be a valueable asset to the fighting team since he joined them. Perry was one to underestimate a whip, but with this world's mechanics and physics at hand, the weapon proved to be more lethal than imagined. The giant zombie that had forced Perry back had no idea what hit it when the swift and agile weapon beheaded it, and perry could do nothing but stand in awe for the Mortal Kombat like maneuvre. Atleast for a second.

Quickly he remembered the blood magic the necromancers had used earlier, exploding the corpses, and Perry realised that the big ugly monster would be sure to blow up sooner or later now that it's usefullness quickly expired. He dug his hooves into the ground and charged forward, slamming his head into the monster's body and lifting it up with his horns before the impact rocketed the zombie back into the hurdle of remaining necromancers. Perry could've already heard the monster's body hissing as if building up energy, and right on que a massive eruption ripped the monster's body apart and blew over the battlefield, blowing some of the necromancers away.
Now even with their strongest weapon dispatched, the assailants realised that their ambush had been a failure. Those that still could retreated instantly, taking oppertunity whilst the group was still recuperating. Perry wanted to go after them, but the fight had worn him out more than he had liked.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:26 am

Camilla was used to people humouring her. She always screwed up, always proved herself to never live up to expectations. People were kind to her, sometimes, out of politeness more than anything. She never had anything to offer to people, only bitterness, cynicism, and a whole lot of failure. But, as she turned on her heel and ran, despite the imminent danger her friends were no doubt in, she had the strange feeling that she might, believe it or not, be able to do some good. She'd failed before. She had blood staining her hands, the blood of her friends, because she hadn't been there, or hadn't been strong enough to protect them.

Not today.

Nobody else would die today, and she would make sure of it. With an almost primal yell, she lept up, her molecules shifting in order to give her more agility, and she climbed up the rockface to where she had fallen. No way, she thought as she lunged for the ground, tumbling briefly before pulling herself up to her feet. No fucking way are there going to be any more deaths. "You hear me?" she yelled, as she barreled through a lone zombie, driving her dagger through with an almost inhuman force. The adrenaline rush wouldn't last long, but it helped keep her energy levels up, something she knew she'd need if she wanted to save everyone.

If she could find them, that is.

There was no way she could defeat this threat alone, no way anybody could. The spirits had called upon her, but she was no fool. She may have held some power, but that power alone wasn't enough to save the day. She needed the group, she needed everyone.

A chill ran along her spine as she ran further. The adrenaline was beginning to fade, she hadn't managed to find anyone - not even TD and Snake, and they'd been nearby - and the doubt was creeping in to her mind. Not only that, but she'd just happened to come across a necromancer. While she was alone. And she hadn't been able to warn the others.

"Oh, shit," she muttered, as it rounded on her, and the purpose that had been keeping her going deflated in favour of fear. God damn, looks like I've failed again. Well, that's no bloody surprise. She closed her eyes, hand shaking as unsteady fingers gripped her dagger. I'm sorry, I couldn't save you. But Aratorn's words echoed in her head, and she saw his figure in her mind. And as she felt herself being struck by the necromancer, her eyes shot open. She wanted to scream, wanted to wither away at the sight of blood on her arm, but it wasn't over yet.

The heart of a dragon, she thought to herself, as she shifted herself for agility, dodging and attempting to parry attacks. Be brave. Think like the dragons. "This is for Barnabus and Aratorn, son of a bitch," she muttered, and focusing all her energy, she felt her arms becoming tougher, fingers curling in to claws. It was the most she could do, but it gave her more attacking power. Screaming, she lunged towards the necromancer, agile legs helping her to avoid attacks (for the most part, but cuts and scratches could be dealt with later), and with all her might she tore in to him with draconic hands.

Hands stained with blood, Camilla winced. She'd never been a fan of blood and she wasn't going to start now. Putting aside her queasy discomfort, she forced herself to run some more. Surely she'd find the others before it was too late.

Surely.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Avalanche felt comfortable with such a reliable party.

He had stood by to interfere if one of his friends got wounded or was about to get attacked from behind. Though his vigilance was unnecessary he was determined not to have to make the choice between life and death again. The necromancers were swiftly dispatched, completely overpowered by Perry’s raw strength and Relmitos’ swift and unpredictable movements.

And he was just standing there with his staff in his hand.

“Everyone alright?” Raya asked by way of a quick check up.
“I got zombie goo all over me….” Perry growled trying to whip parts of the exploded monster off his shoulder.
Fedaykin and Relmitos gave a quick sign that they were fine before the group collected themselves and began walking again.

Their surroundings slowly changed as the misty rocks they were walking on changed into misty hills with a fog so thick it became difficult to see exactly where everyone was walking. It wasn’t long before they found themselves on a mountain path. Relmitos seemed to hop almost gleefully from stone to stone to give directions.<i> “In this mad world he probably rolled a better perception score”</i> Avalanche thought a little bitter.
“So stupid question but do we have any idea what we are looking for?’ Perry casually asked the group.
“Anything that may lead us to the royal family.” Raya answered almost losing her footing but quickly recovering.
“Ok, but they could be anywhere.” Avalanche growled in an attempt to add to the conversation.”I highly doubt they have a summer retreat atop of wherever this leads too”.
“Well it’s not like they’ll come running if we sit on the beach with our thumb in our ass.” Perry said shoving his friend.
Relmitos rose his hand and warned that the road was getting narrowed. Avalanche sighed and just wished they could get it over with and find the royals already. Every rock looked the same, the dark magic of the island was getting on his nerves and it felt like they were walking all day. He didn’t get any physical boost from coming to this world and was getting incredibly tired.

It took some time but finally, a silhouette became visible through the fog. It could still be anything; a palace, a stronghold or just a tower. It was something other than rocks, mountains and fog. They finally had a landmark they could travel to if they’d just keep walking a little longer. It filled Avalanche with new energy and—

“Avalanche watch out!” Relmitos warned too late

He could feel the generic rock he stepped on sink in the ground. A loud ‘click’ echoed through the mountains as the party stood frozen in place, anticipating what might happen.

It started as a low rumbling noise; Perry could instantly locate the source of the sound and looked up. A wave of bones and skulls washed down on them from above them, immediately swallowing Avalanche. He was looking a cracked skull right in the eyesockets as he tumbled down the edge and got dragged down the mountain. Raya trusted her blades between the rocks to hold onto and tried to keep track of everyone.
Relmitos wrapped his whip around an overhanging rock to steady himself but as the pressure of the torrent became larger the rock couldn’t hold him and crashed down on Fedaykin who promptly lost his footing. He could be heard cursing as he slid down the mountainside.
Perry and Raya managed to stay on the path despite the trap. Perry casually removed the skull that got stuck around one of his horns and Raya sheathed her blades again before looking over the edge. There was nothing but darkness and fog down there but Perry was certain he heard Avalanche curse his rotten luck.

The two exchanged a brief glance and sighed before carefully sliding down the misty mountain.

Avalanche, Feday and Relmitos landed with about as much elegance as could be expected. Avalanche was buried under the rocks and bones with only one of his feet sticking out. None of them however dared to move.
“Guys are you okay!?” Raya cried down while carefully descending from the mountain. She was immediately shushed by Fedaykin who had his eyes peeled on the necromancers not too far away from them.

“No you can’t keep him Todbert” the taller necromancer growled. His face was hidden behind his cowl but he had a very obvious lisp.
“Oh come on. I found the poor fellow sitting around near the dungeons and I couldn’t leave him there.”
“Thisss is not a placce for a cat damnit!”
“What do you think would be a good name for a cat?”
“I ssswear I will make him a blood sssacrificce if he getsss in the way.”
“Don’t listen to that meanie Decentimus lil Pouncealot”
“Pouncealot? You are calling a cat Pouncealot?!”
“I didn’t ask for your opinion did I?”
“Jussst…..jussst get it out of my sssight.”
“Who’s a cute little kitten? You are. Yes, you.”
Decentimus groaned.”Didn’t Ximeness need uss at the sshrine?”
Todbert hid the cat in his robe.”Now you tell me. We don’t want to keep that guy waiting. I think he vaporized Jimmy last week for making him a poor tea.”
“Oh ssso that’s where he went.” Decentimus mumbled uninterested.

“Ok, so how are we going to do this?” Fedaykin asked in a whisper from their uncomfortable hiding place.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 am

Spoiler:
Q is apparently working on a post, so originally I was going to wait to bring all the groups up to speed, but I haven't seen him in about 2 weeks, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling and not hold things up. It's a bit choppy, but it gets us going!

“Ok, so how are we going to do this?” Fedaykin asked in a whisper from their uncomfortable hiding place.

“Let me follow them,” answered Relmitos “I’ll see what’s going on.”

Without a sound the elf slipped out from their hiding place and was quickly invisible amongst the rocks and darkness. The two necromancers had hurried off and were soon lost to sight. For what seemed like an age the others waited in silence until Relm rematerialized from the shadows, beckoning them to follow him.

Relmitos didn’t retrace the steps of the necromancers, instead leading them off at an angle. The ground began to slope upwards until they were walking uphill, and as they approached the summit Relm beckoned them to lower themselves down. Crouching behind a pile of rocks on the rim, they gazed down into the centre of the Isle.

The centre of the Isle was a wide open space, circular in nature, bordered by craggy rocks that sloped downwards like the edges of a crater. In the centre was a large raised circle of carved stone, patterned with carved markings and runes that had long since worn smooth and blurred. On opposite ends of the circle were two immense pillars of the same dark rock, cracked and pitted from the ages but still standing tall. Millennia ago this must have been a sacred place, but time had erased its meaning, leaving it as nothing but a grand ruin.

Lying within the circle was the skeleton of an immense dragon. Several bones were mismatched in size, as though parts had been salvaged from other skeletons to make this one whole. Parts were held together by strips of leather or hammered metal, the dried leather skin on the wings supported by tanned hide daubed with arcane symbols. The six curved horns crowning its head were riddled with nails, holding the broken pieces together. It was as if the skeleton had been stitched together, reconstructed into a terrible whole. Why?

Surrounding the raised circle were the necromancers, facing inwards in a large semi-circle. There were easily 50 of them, each in their red robes, a few attendant zombies standing motionlessly on the sidelines. All were looking towards the spectacle before them.

On the far side of the circle stood the cult leader, the high priest Ximeness the two necromancers had mentioned. Besides him stood a man, tall and full of regal bearing. True to his nation’s theme he was dressed like a baroque count in a dark suit and a red-lined cloak with a high jagged collar. His black hair was receding, his pale face pinched with lines of stress and age. His body language was of barely contained rage and frustration, directed towards everyone present, obviously not happy with the present situation he found himself in. It was apparent to all that this was the missing ruler of Mousillon, the Lord von Carstein himself.

Standing off to the side behind them were three people huddled together, and from their refinery it was clear they were the rest of the royal family. There was a woman wreathed in a voluminous ball dress, with a corset tighter than should be physically possible and a powered wig easily a good two feet high. Her dress was torn and muddied, her hair dishevelled and coming loose around her worn face. Clutched to her she held two children: one a teenage girl with flaxen hair, her green dress much simpler than her mothers, but her face set in the same angered and terse expression. The other was a boy, looking around 7 years of age, the spitting image of his father and wearing the same grand suit in miniature. On the ground surrounding them was a ring of runes that blazed brightly. To Avalanche’s surprise he could detect they were light magic, and from the slight sense of repulsion emanating from them deduced that they were a form of warding spell. The three were trapped within the ring of runes, the spell forming a very effective cage around them. He didn’t want to consider what would happen if something crossed over the threshold.

“Followers of the great Dark One!” called the high priest to the assembled crowd “Tonight our devotion will be rewarded! Tonight our Lord arises once again onto the mortal plane!”

Kilanirax, Kilanirax.” chanted the multitude.

“What the hell is a Kilanirax?” whispered Perry.

“Sounds like a Pokemon,” muttered Relmitos.

“I refuse to go through with this,” hissed von Carstein “This is madness. This is blasphemous.”

“Says the most powerful necromancer in the Northlands,” grinned the high priest with a sickly smile “And you are in no position to deny us. Or should I remind you of what is at stake here?”

The runes surrounding the family flared brightly, causing them to shriek and huddle closer together in terror. Von Carstein’s face showed a flicker of concern before his steely resolve masked it.

“If you do not free them after this I shall tear your head off with my bare hands.”

“Of course,” smiled the high priest, clearly unconcerned by the threat “Now, do it. Open the gate, let our master return.”

Von Carstein turned and reluctantly stepped forward. Spreading his arms he began to chant, the air growing heavy and thick, as though the pressure in the arena had suddenly dropped. His brow furrowed in concentration, arms held wide as power crackled around him, the abhorrent words spilling from his tongue like bile. The bones of the dragon began to twitch and suddenly the whole skeleton went into spasm, jerking and shaking as the dark magic seeped into the carcass, slowing reanimating it. As it moved Avalanche’s hand shot out, grabbing Raya’s wrist and squeezing it enough to hurt. She made to say something, but saw the look on his face- there was terror in his eyes and all colour had drained out of him. She remained silent, and with the others continued to watch with horrid fascination.

The chanting picked up in pitch, and now the air in front of the necromancer lord was flickering and undulating. A thin black line slid across it, growing outwards as though something was pulling apart reality itself. From the darkness of the wound thick black sludge began to drip, coalescing into a globular ooze that slunk forward, as though possessed with a mind of its own. It reached the forelimb of the dragon skeleton and the bituminous mass slithered up it, wrapping itself around the bones. At once the spasming in the limb stopped, the hand clenching in new defined purpose. More sludge was pouring from the portal, making its way towards the skeleton, gaining more and more control over it as it spread over the bones.

“Remember the demon under Ashvald’s mansion?” whispered Fed “When it died it dissolved into sludge. It’s the same thing coming out of the portal.”

“Shit,” breathed Raya “They must be letting a demon possess the skeleton. They’re making a goddamn dracolich.”

“What’s a dracolich?”

“Generally a party wipe.”

“That’s not fucking funny,” hissed Avalanche.

“Arise, ARISE!” shrieked the high priest “Accept this mortal body! Return to us and take back the world that was rightfully yours! Give us your blessing, we who have kept your faith! We who give you this gift! Arise, arise, our lord and master! Crush those who oppose us and drown this world in darkness!”

“KILANIRAX, KILANIRAX!” bellowed the crowd, stamping their feet in unison.

The assembled party members looked at each other in trepidation “Well shit, what now?”

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 am

"Screw it. PEEERRRR-" "NO."
Just as Perry was ready to charge and had already started to step forward, pretty much the entire group stared him down. Fed quickly stepped forward and pulled the faun back. "Now is not the time, my friend. We need to act fast, but strategy would be better.". He sat Perry down on a nearby rock and turned himself towards the group. With the last encounter giving him a bit more confidence and feeling slightly more experienced than the rest in terms of the undead, he tried to take charge. "Okay people, this looks bad." "you can say that again", Avalanche muttered considering his "experience" with skeletal dragons.

"We already had trouble dealing with far fewer numbers, so we need to strategize", the pale man said thoughtfully. "Fed, we don't have time.", Raya uttered. "We need to stop the summon."
"And how would you want to do that with an army of necromancers in front of it." "Charge 'm", Perry growled. "No, we need to disorganise them first." "There's not enough shadow, I can't get a spot in.", Relm said frowning.

"Wait", a sudden voice suddenly spoke up. Omicron had kept to himself through almost all the party's adventures, so the group seemed surprised by his sudden interaction. "They're holding the family captive, so the lord can't be doing this out of his own accord. If we manage to free them, he might help us."
"They're being held by light runes.", Roy added. "I can recognise some of them from my crappy shield. Theirs isn't so crappy though." "So how do we break them?"
"I told you there's no time!", Raya suddenly intervened the scheming with a terrified tone. The sludge had slowly kept covering and reanimating the dragon and even to the unknowing the ritual was clearly nearing it's end. "We need to get out ther NOW! Split up and attack from the otherside if you must, but we need to stop that ritual!".
With that, she drew her swords and started to run. Enough experience in her tabletop RPs had taught her that these kind of situations were best stopped short before the evil monster ended up clearing the map. Requiem soon caught up, much to Raya's surprise as she had figured he would try the more stealthy approach. But as she looked around she noticed there wasn't just one of him. 6 or so copies of the demi-wraith ran besides her, together with a large brawny faun and a terrified white mage strapped to his back. The rest of the group scurried along the rocky surface, diverting off to the side and sticking to the bare minimum of shade this wide open space provided. They seemed to want to try Omi's idea.
Down below, the necromancers had already taken notice of the group descending towards them. A few of the runaways from their previous encounter remembered their defeat and started panicking, shaking up the circle of necromancers. The chanting stopped as all attention shifter to the assailants and the necromancers on that side defending the ritual together with their skeletal and zombie companions. The groups met and the zombies struck at Req's illusions, only to have them pass through them and meet with the real warriors. A fierce blow from the large faun sent them hurtling back to their summoners whilst raya swiftly struck the tendons of whichever she could meet. Her blades would not survive long if they had to decapitate all of them.

Ill-equipped in close quarters and not having spent enough time to summon more than the basic zombie, the necromancers started to panic
"You fools!", Ximeness yelled. "It's only a small group. They are no match!"
With a flamboyant twirl he turned to von Carnstein, a cocky grin on his face.
"You, don't you dare stop the ritual.", he snarled. The Lord's chanting continued, but it was obviously more difficult for him to focus as the sounds of battle were starting to pick up. Especially with a giant faun blurting out his lungs in a terrifying roar as he descended onto a group of zombies.
"Tell me why I'm strapped to your back again?!", a high pitched squeek came from avalanche as he tried to hang on with his life.
"I'm getting you to those wards one way or another.", Perry said as he met the closest Necromancer with a fierce blow to the neck, a grin starting to form on his face. "Besides, I could use a handicap."

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Snake and TD continued to run through the mist, trying to locate where Camilla had gone.

"God dammit! Can't you move any fucking faster?" Snake yelled over his shoulder.

Behind him, TD was breathing heavily, desperately trying to keep up.

"I've... Never been... good at running... dammit!" he responded, panting between each phrase.

"Well get good at running, for fuck's saaaaAAAAAAAA-" the face of Snake, dimly seen through the fog, suddenly plunged downward.

"What the fuck was thaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" TD said, and soon found himself plummeting downward through empty air.

TD woke up at the bottom of a large pit. The mist wasn't quite as thick at the bottom of the hole, but it still made it very hard to see.

He sat up, wincing as his back flared up with pain.

Not sure whether that should have killed me or not, but it's certainly going to hurt tomorrow.

Looking around, he saw the figure of Snake staring straight ahead, not moving, being completely silent.

"Hey Snake, wha-"

Snake clapped his hand over TD's mouth and made a shushing motion with his other hand. He then pointed to a shape through the mist at the other side of the cave.

"What the hell is that?" TD whispered.

Snake looked at him for a minute, then replied "It looks like a fucking dragon. An honest-to-god fucking dragon."

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Snake and Td backed up against the wall as they looked at the sleeping Dragon, which lay there covered in blood. It looked to be about the size of a small horse, which Snake assumed was unusual for dragons.

"What do we do? Do we try and kill it?" Snake said to Td, who looked like he was pissing his pants.

"I don't know, I think our best option is to try and not wake it up..." Td replied in a whisper. Snake looked at the dragon and smiled

"Actually I have a better idea. Grab my arm and don't let go." Td did so as Snake closed his eyes for a second and focused his energy. He phased out of site, and a second later Td joined him.

"Whoa, I didn't know you could turn other people invisible?" Td said, as if he were sneaking around hogwarts or some shit. "Yea man I learned this little trick like 15 pages ago" Snake replied.

They inched closer to the dragon, where Snake reached out and poked it in the face. It yelped in agony as it awoke.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Her adrenaline shorted out around about the fifth necromancer, and she found herself falling once again. This time, however, she didn't have the energy to stop her fall, and she collapsed in what she could only assume was another hole. "Damn..." she whispered as she fell in to unconsciousness.

She awoke to being prodded in the face by an invisible force. "Urgh...what the fuck..." she mumbled as she came around, after yelping in confusion. Her body was working overtime to keep herself alive - in a form that wasn't her own, apparently. She looked down at her hands, only to find a pair of dragon claws. "Oh."

Scrambling about, she looked around furiously for an exit. "Gotta...warn everyone about the defenses...royal family or something. I don't...remember...who the heck was poking me?"

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 19, 2013 6:46 pm

"Holy shit dude, that was fucking english. That dragon is speaking fucking english." Snake said.

"Who's there!?" The dragon said into the seemingly empty air.

"Shut up man, it's gonna find us!" TD said, backing away from the dragon shaped figure in the mist.

"Show yourself!" The dragon said, and started swiping at the empty air.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

When the dragon swiped forward, Snake screamed like a little girl and jumped back. He pushes Td forward as TD popped into view directly in front of the Dragon. Td immediately began screaming, as did the dragon, for a solid 15 seconds before the dragon stopped and said in a familiar feminine Australian voice, "Wait is that you TD?" Td paused as he looked at the dragon.

"Huh.... What? Ca-Camilla? Is that you? What happened? Why are HEY WAIT A SECOND WHAT THE FUCK SNAKE YOU ASSHOLE YOU FUCKING LEFT ME FOR DEAD"

"Td that isn't important right now, what's important is CAMILLA YOU'RE A MOTHER FUCKING DRAGON"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 pm

"No way, Snake, TD...you're bullshitting me." Camilla looked around furtively, confused. "I'm not a dragon, I'm still me, right?" She spluttered in confusion, a thin trail of smoke coming out from her mouth.

She looked down again, at her scaly body, at the people around her, at her surroundings.

"...what the actual fuck is going on?"

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 19, 2013 7:07 pm

"Well, if I had to guess..." TD said, looking around

"I'd say that your shapeshifting powers have turned you into a Manakete and now you're trapped in a hole with me and Snake." He said, shrugging.

"Thank you, captain obvious." Snake said, walking over to stand near the pair.

"No problem, Captain Cockbite. Glad you had my back, keeping us invisible and all." TD snapped back, then looked up at the opening to the hole above them.

"Anyway... Do either of you have any rope? Also, can you fly, Camilla?"

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Snake walked around the hole, looking for a tunnel that could take them somewhere.

"Our best bet is flying out of here. Camilla the fate of our lives is up to you. Unless you can't fly, in which case I think I found a tunnel over here that leads further into this abyss"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Camilla, still feeling ill at ease in her dragon form, jumped up and tried to fly. She succeeded in hovering for about 3 seconds...before collapsing back on the ground.

"I hope y'all aren't too concerned with your fates, because you're about to be met with a terrible one. I can't fly." She snorted at this, letting out a little more smoke, before looking at the tunnel Snake was pointing out. "Anyone got any lights? Or cigars?" Lumbering forward in her strange new form, she stepped in to the tunnel. "I hope this somehow gets us to where we're supposed to be going. Someone else might die without us there, and that would probably suck if it happened."

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm

"Right-o, looks like we're probably not going to be able to climb out of the hole. Let's then continue down the dark and creepy as shit tunnel into the depths of the zombie-infested isle of fear. This is a wonderful plan."

TD was speaking very quickly, and was starting to pace back and forth, filled with a nervous energy.

"In any case, if we're going to get out of here by exploring creepy caves we should probably get on that, shouldn't we? Where did the torches go?"

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Snake checked his inventory and pulled three torches out, one for everyone. "Camilla how do you turn back to human?" Snake asked as he lit the torches. she made a sad dragon face

"I don't know I didn't even try to turn into a dragon :c" Snake handed the torches over to Td and walked over to Camilla. He gave her a hug and, she sighed. Once he let go, she morphed back into a human because yes it's totally that easy. The power of friendship. Yes.

"Wow not only did my hug help you turn back into a human, it also magically made clothes appear on your body as well." Snake said as Camilla spun around in her nice new outfit. Td handed them their torches.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Camilla blankly stared back at Snake, blinking a couple of times. "Okay, this is fucking stupid. I hate fantasy lands." She pouted briefly with her arms folded, before taking a torch.

"We'll be okay, TD. At least, I hope so." She pounded forward in to the tunnels, frustrated by the turn of events. "The sooner we get out of this fucking land, the better. I feel like we've been here for years." The path wound around, heading slowly upwards...and then down...and then up again.

"Is that...is that some light in the distance, or am I imagining things?"

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 pm

"I do believe that the section of featureless mist in front of us is a lighter shade than it's been for the entirety of our trip up to this point, so it could potentially be a way out." TD responded, waving the torch around in an attempt to dissipate the mist.

"C'mon, let's see what it is." TD quickened his pace, rushing towards the light ahead of them.

With a final burst of speed taking him from a fast walk to something close to a sprint, TD reaches the end of the cave.

"NO MORE CAVES. THANK GOD." He said, sighing with relief.

Camilla and Snake came up behind him, and looked around.

"Hey Snake..." Camilla said.

"What is it, Camilla?" He replied.

"Where are we?" She questioned, eyes trying to garner some sort of landmark from their surroundings.

"No fucking clue." He replied, shrugging.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Snake was relieved that they were out of the cave, and far away from the group. With them so far away like this, there was no way the plot would be able to go anywhere horrible, and that meant less danger for the time being. Td led the small group as they walked forward in silence reviewing their surroundings, Behind them was the cave they came out of, but in front of them lay a large wasteland of bones. Far ahead there was a small hut that seemed untouched by the death and decay. Td pointed there, and the three of them started that way. Out of the ground burst what looked like a giant undead lizard.

"MINIBOOOOOOOOSS!!!"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Camilla sighed, the previous exertions leaving her entirely exhausted. But she had to keep going, somehow.

"A miniboss...I wonder what his gimmick is. Does he turn fucking invisible?" She sighed, readying herself in to a defensive stance. She didn't have much energy to fight, but she steeled herself and prepared to take the first it, just to see what it would do. The lizard creature slithered across the ground before lashing out at her, as she stood in front of Snake and TD to defend.

"Or do we just brute force it?"

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:04 pm

"I really don't think we have the time to deal with this... Especially since you're exhausted and we're still lost. Still, I don't think that it's going to let us by..."

TD draws his sword and positions himself in front of Camilla and Snake.

"Snake, you might want to go for a stealth approach. Camilla, you're exhausted, so stay to the back for now. As for gimmicks..."

TD looked at the large lizard, then moved into a fighting stance.

"I'm pretty sure this guy's just a big ugly monster."

Aurora, be ready to do something if this fight gets too ugly.

A-alright.

"Alright guys, let's kick this thing's ass!" TD said, and struck at the lizard with his sword.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top