Snake turned invisible.

"Hows this Td, is this helping much?"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Camilla groaned as she lunged forward with a punch, scaliness appearing on her fists as she did so.

"Guys, we've gotta attack its weak point! For massive damage!" Summoning her strength, she punched it in the belly.

"If video games have taught me anything, the weak point is probably the back! TD, go!"

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon May 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Now, Aurora!

"Lux Ensis! TD shouted, and attacked- swinging the sword over his head downward towards the exposed back of the undead lizard. As it swept over his head, it began to glow with a golden light. The mist around the blade grew thinner, and black smoke poured out of the undead lizard where the blade had struck it. It reeled back in pain, and Snake stabbed it in the neck. With that, the creature collapsed and dissolved back into the ground, its form lost without the necromantic magic to bind it to this world.

TD staggered, a strange hollow feeling in the pit of his stomach. He wasn't quite sure what Aurora had used for that attack, but it was noticeable.

"Holy shit, TD, what the fuck was that?" Snake said, reappearing closer to the other two forumers.

"I... I don't know, honestly. I didn't know I could do that." TD responded weakly, shaking his head.

Well... I do, but I didn't know that I would do that.

That's my power for ya! Though... I had to dip into some of your emotions to do it. I didn't need much, since it was just one attack, so I haven't taken away any emotions completely... Though, you are going to be somewhat lackluster for the next day or so, assuming you don't use any more of my power.

"Let's... Let's keep moving forward. We really should get back to the group..." TD says aloud, motioning forward into the mist.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue May 21, 2013 4:00 am

The three of them continued, pushing forward until they reached the tiny house. Snake knocked on the door and waited. There was silence. The three of them slowly creeped inside....

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 pm

“Fuck, we’re lost,” Ansem growled, shaking another pile of bones off his foot as he trudged onward.

“We’re not lost,” Quaetam responded for the umpteenth time. Quaetam, Ansem, and Sahrimnir walked amidst a heavy fog, Hierophant at their head, his torch alit with auburn flames. The fire ate away at the fog, forming a sort of protective bubble, a sanctuary from the darkness beyond. Outside, the arcane mist continued to fall across the Isle, seeking entry to their place of solace, swirling around the torchlit trio with malevolent intent.

For some uncertain time, they had walked the boneyard, Quaetam following the others’ energies with his mystic perception, slowly gaining on them in the darkness. Their trek had taken them far from the walls, to an unholy, dismal place. Here the rocks were lathered with bones, the ground no longer visible below them. Draconic skeletons piled high around them, spires of bone and decay stretching to unseen heights in the mist, massive skulls and wings dwarfing the three companions. It was a blanket of decay, a sea of bones.

It was there, amidst that graveyard, that Camilla’s energy, so close now, had vanished, followed moments after by Tristan’s and Snake’s. For a moment, the Hierophant had panicked, believing his friends lost to the mist, to the terrors of the Isle. Then reason set in, and he scanned their surroundings with deepest scrutiny, but nothing was to be found. There was no sign, no trace, no distant glow of energy… Now they wandered through the sea of bones, hoping for some sign, some hint of their friends’ location—or their fates.

“Tell me again why Sah can’t just blast away this goddamn fog,” Ansem barked, annoyed, “We’re not going to find the others like this, or the way out.”

“Remember what happened when we just tried to analyze the stuff?” Quaetam retorted, “It struck back at the slightest touch. That magic, that feeling, it wasn’t good. Hell, it was stronger than anything I’ve seen in a while. A couple more seconds and it would have been beyond my influence. We can’t meddle here.”

“Yeah, yeah, bullshit,” Ansem cut in, rolling his eyes, “Our friends are out there, and you’re going to let some scary magic mist stop us from saving them? When did the Hierophant, practical fucking king of the holy land, become such a pussy?”

“That scary magic mist, Ansem, is the reason so few people return from this place,” Quaetam replied, his voice cool, measured, “But I know better; we know better. The rules only—“

The rules only hurt you if you break them…” Ansem mimed, annoyance and derision across his face, “Well I’m tired of this shit. Fuck your rules, I’m going after them. You’ve killed enough of us already!”

“Guys, stop,” Sahrimnir said, his eyes moving back and fourth, from Q to Ansem back to Q, “We can’t fight right now.”

But his words fell on deaf ears. Quaetam stopped, stiffened, stuck his torch in the eye socket of a nearby skull, and turned to face Ansem, who smirked. Anger welled within the Hierophant, the same indignant rage that had befallen him before Perry broke into the dining hall with Weldar’s body three days prior. He was done with this; done being constantly assaulted with his own guilt. Nothing could bring Weldar back, nothing could revive TJ. But he was doing all he could to repent; he had owned up to it time, and time again. And to hear it all again now, from Ansem of all people…

“We don’t have time for this. I’ve let enough of us die,” Quaetam affirmed, “so we’re playing this the right way. We cannot simply rush ahead; there’s enough at stake here. We’ve got to keep our minds on the mission, if we’re going to save them, if we’re going to find the Royal Family.”

“Keep our minds on the fucking mission? Ballsy words, from the douchebag who split the party in the first place,” Ansem said, derision etched in his voice, Taint rising within him, “You’ve done nothing but tear us apart. You killed TJ and Weldar! You’re the reason Perry got kidnapped and nearly goddamn fucking sacrificed.”

Ansem felt the Taint take hold, and didn’t fight it, instead embracing its influence, wallowing in his rage. He glared at the Hierophant, his vision flaring green and black.

You know why Raya’s keeping you around? The only reason?” he spat, “Pity. She doesn’t care how valuable you are. None of us do. You’re still here because she knows that you’ve hit rock bottom. You’re here because you have no other option, and without her there as a fucking safety net, there’s nowhere left for you to go but off the edge. And it’s tearing her to fucking shreds.

“You arrogant… ” Quaetam snarled, his calm broken, “After what you pulled back in Engeve, you have the gall to try to whiteknight her? You’ve always been this way, such a douche when there’s nothing at stake, but when it’s about a woman? Oh, now you’re suddenly the big hero! Suddenly, here comes the knight in shining armor.”

The taint faded from Ansem’s eyes, but rage continued to echo through his being, as the green lights flickering before his eyes were replaced with figments of memory. Flecks of gold, of lanterns and starlight, surfaced within his consciousness, arising from somewhere unbidden, somewhere raw and uncontained.

He broke a nasty smile, “You think you’re her friend; you think you know what’s best for her? Let me tell you something: You don’t know that girl. She’ll keep you around as long as she pleases, but when she’s done, you’ll be out, off the edge, down in the fucking gutter where you belong. You can give her your friendship, your loyalty, your fucking heart. You can pretend you mean something to her, but in the end, you’re fucking nothing. Not to her. Not to the rest of them.”

“Have you even thought for a moment how torn up she’s been, after what you did?” Quaetam yelled, failing to recognize the meaning in Ansem’s words, “Fuck just splitting up, I did us a favor keeping you guys apart! The entire party’s been collapsing at the seams, all because you couldn’t keep yourself off of the one woman who’s doing all she could to hold this together. Your self-interest, your lust almost derailed the entire goddamn campaign! Next time you’re looking for a good fuck, stay away from my friends!”

Images flashed like lightning before Ansem’s eyes. Raya, before him on the dance floor, their gazes met, her lips against his… And Raya, in that bar, holding Avalanche close… his heart had been spat on, the one moment of open affection he’d allowed himself in years crushed by disillusionment, by her greed and British condescension. He could see her laughing off his confession; he could feel the pang of rejection, the pain he’d long sworn he would rise above. He’d been better than this, he always had, but now Raya was the one who had opened him up, after all this time, and the one who had torn him to shreds. Now this oathbreaker thought he knew him? Now this pretentious bastard sought to talk down to him like a child?

The necromancer drew on his power, and Quaetam raised his hand, eyes alight with uncharacteristic anger, an indignant fury at everything that had befallen him, at everything that he had done to himself, to those around him.

“Guys, STOP!” Sahrimnir again cried, but it was no use.

Ansem bellowed with rage, unable to control himself, and black flames erupted from his fingertips. Quaetam’s fury manifested before him, as with a flash of blue and silver, a swirling wall of liquid and ice coalesced in the misty air. Eyes sparkling with green and black, with malevolent Taint, Ansem thrust the full force of his attack towards Quaetam, who responded in kind, throwing forth his swirling blaze.

With a flash of white light, Sahrimnir threw a holy shield between them.

The two spells collided with the shield, and were briefly restrained: black, blue, and silver shone out against the white shield. Then the shield collapsed, and the magic force it contained exploded outward, each spell reflected back towards its user. Quaetam flicked his wrist and concentrated past his rage, countering his own incipient spell on instinct, another flash of silver lighting the clearing. Ansem ducked back, hands radiating dark power as they collected his power, welcoming the Taint back into his grasp.

Sah was bent over, hands on his knees, drained of energy as he gazed, exasperated, on his quarreling companions. Ansem stood ten feet away from his opponent, slightly disheveled, glaring at the Hierophant, fists raised, and wreathed with dark power. But Quaetam stepped back, unscathed, but shaken, as all around them the fog began to reverberate with an unseen, innate energy, a magic force so powerful it was almost suffocating.

The power of the mist grew in intensity, roaring against the release of the two spells, when suddenly, Ansem dropped his fists, recoiling, and Sahrimnir kneeled down as his skin bristled, and his hair began to stand on end. Then the clearing collapsed: With a roaring sound and a rush of wind, the fog blew inward, and the light of the torch, their sole sanctuary against the darkness, was snuffed out.

For a second Quaetam stood in the darkness, surrounded by arcane mist, heartbeat unusually audible against the silent backdrop. His mystic sense was enshrouded with darkness, overwhelmed by the power that envelopved him. The others remained cloaked by the fog, impossible to make out amidst the gloom.

Then the sea of bones began to quake beneath them, and slowly, inexorably, they started to sink.

The trio looked back and forth, grasping for anything to take hold of, as all around them the dead seemed to rise to claim them… Their feet could no longer take hold; their bodies seemed to weigh multitudes. The bone mesh around them, deeper, and deeper, flowing like some unearthly, ungodly tide.

Ansem sneered, glancing every which way, and then lashed out savagely with the Taint. Blasts of darkness ravaged the surface of the boneyard, shattering whatever they touched. For a second it appeared he would break free… but then the ground gave way beneath him, and with a sickening clatter, he was sucked helplessly beneath the tide.

Sahrimnir panicked, wings flailing, and tried to grab hold of a nearby skull, but on his touch, it was sucked down below the surface, and his hand with it. Sah rested atop the sea of bones, hand reaching towards Quaetam. They locked gazes.

Sah’s mouth moved, but no words came out; he had lost his voice to panic, and his eyes were alight with fear. Quaetam reached his hand towards his trembling friend… closer, ever closer. Another inch and he could save him, could pull him to safety. Their fingertips touched… and with another rumbling, collapsing sound, Sahrimnir fell below the surface, consumed by the boneyard.

The Hierophant gritted his teeth, gathering magic in his hands, but stopped, remembering Ansem’s fate. He fought against the rise, struggling to move his feet, to wade through the quicksand that was the sea of bones, but it was no use. As he moved his legs, as he struggled, the bones welcomed him, pulled him under with greater force. He could feel them, he could SENSE them, a dark mass of writhing energy, thick as an ocean, against which he was powerless. And slowly the bones began to rise above his stomach, towards his ribs, his chest...

Was this how ended? Ansem, falling below the boneyard… Sahrimnir, slowly consumed as Quaetam watched on in horror, unable to reach him, to save him. He couldn’t save them, just as he couldn’t save anyone. Images flashed before his eyes: Once more to the garden, to Weldar’s life vanishing by his power. But further now, to a time long repressed, to Mousillon: Kara, her grace, her nobility gone, as she was torn asunder by abominations beyond comprehension. To Azerin, the mighty, his power enough to save Quaetam, but not enough to save himself. His friends were gone. He had failed them.

The bones rose to his neck now, and Quaetam struggled to break free, fought against the tide of dark energy. He could not let it end here!

He sank further, until all that remained of the air above, of the intoxicating mist, was a sliver. One crack between two skeletal fragments granted him one final purchase to reality, the darkness of the mist above now a welcoming sanctuary from the ethereal void below.

For a moment all was still, and he could feel his heart beat as he remained immobile, paralyzed, encased in a power beyond his comprehension. Then the slit was sealed, the darkness was complete, and he was falling, endlessly, through a black abyss...

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:53 pm

“Guys? Where’d you go?”

Sahrimnir looked around desperately, but Ansem and Quaetam were nowhere to be seen. Instead someone else appeared; someone Sahrimnir definitely didn’t expect to see here in this world. She had short, red hair and she was still as beautiful as the last time he saw her.

“Emilia? What are you doing here?” Sahrimnir asked with a very surprised voice.

“What, I’m not allowed to be part of your hero-fantasies?” Emilia replied.

“No, that’s not what I meant… Hero-fantasies? What are you talking about?”

“You’re loving this, aren’t you? The chance to be a hero, show what a wonderful person you are. You don’t even care who gets hurt. It’s all about you and your glory,” she said with a voice cold as ice.

“That’s not true!” Sahrimnir said. “It’s not like I chose to come here! Of course I care about people getting hurt!”

“You keep telling me that, but you keep showing me the opposite.”

“If you’re referring to what happened between us, I told you I didn’t realize I was making you uncomfortable. You didn’t show any sign of it. I couldn’t know!”

“You just weren’t paying attention. You didn’t care. You never care about anyone but yourself.”

“Exactly”, a new voice said.

Sahrimnir turned and saw that the voice belonged to another person he didn’t expect to see in this world.

“Linus?” Sahrimnir said.

“When I needed you the most, you weren’t there for me.”

“I didn’t know what you were going through! You said yourself afterwards that there was no way for me to know!”

“Well of course I’d say that”, Linus said with a smirk. “I wouldn’t want you to feel bad about it. I’m a good friend… Unlike you.”

He’s right. We did let him down.

Hold on. There seems to be some inconsistency in what he’s saying. I’m not so sure that’s really Linus.

Does it matter? He’s still right.

Linus continued “And I’m not the only one you’ve let down.”

A new person appeared, the elven girl who had been sacrificed at Ashvald’s mansion.

“You let me die!” she said with a furious voice. “While they sacrificed my soul to that thing, you just stood there and watched!”

Sahrimnir’s entire body was shaking from guilt now.

“I’m sorry!” he cried. “I didn’t know what to do! It all happened so fast!”

“Is that the same excuse you’ll use for not saving us?” Spont asked as he appeared alongside TJ and Weldar.

“We thought you were our friend!” Weldar cried. “How could you let us down like that?”

They’re right. We failed them.

There was nothing we could do. It wasn’t our fault.

“There was nothing I could do! It wasn’t my fault!”

“Maybe their deaths weren’t,” a new voice said. “But our deaths were definitely your fault.”

Sahrimnir turned around and saw everyone he had killed in battle since he had come to this world.

Sahrimnir didn’t know what to say. He just stood there silently.

Emilia stepped forward among the crowd.

“You see? That’s who you really are. Too self-centered to notice how the people around you are feeling, letting the people who rely on you die, and to top it all off you’re a murderer. You’re a horrible person!”

“I… No…”

She’s right.

We keep hurting everyone around us.

The guilty must be punished.

Sahrimnir drew his sword and aimed the tip towards his own throat. Hesitantly, he brought the sword closer…

But before it touched him, he suddenly felt drained of energy. He dropped his sword and fell to his knees. He felt dizzy and exhausted. He thought he was dying. Then he was blinded by a white light.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Had anyone told Avalanche a month ago he'd somehow enter a fantasy world, he would have humored him.

Had anyone told Avalanche he'd be a white mage of all things, he would have been a bit confused as to why he'd get that role.

But had anyone told him he would be strapped to his friend, who somehow turned into a faun, while charging headfirst into a group of necromancers, he would have probably called you a mental ward.

"Funny how those things work"

Avalanche desperately clung to his friend as he rushed trough the crowd of undead and their summoners. Perry swung his axes in wide arcs, decimating anything that came into range to open a path towards the barrier. The head of the necromancers had created a wall of undead warriors to seperate him and Lord Carstein from the approaching warriors.
"Hold on tight Av." Perry growled, lowering his head.
"Y-you're not!" Avalanche cried with a squeeky voice. His friend rammed the zombies and managed to pierce the first one with his horns. He flung the now motionless corpse off and in a fluent motion swung his axes around, cutting limbs or heads of various of the guarding undead. The white mage felt ill seeing all the rotten  flesh fly around and got hit in the face by a lost finger.

The head necromancer hissed something to the captive lord and faced his assailants.. Perry, pumped up with adrenaline, leapt towards the high priest, with Avalanche holding on with one hand, holding his staff in the other. The priest seemed to have anticipated the move; in a split second Avalanche saw not an expression of fear or anger on the face of the necromancer, but a twisted, malicious grin.
Instinctivly Avalanche rose his staff in the air to create a shield between him and Ximeness. It made no diffrence. In a swift motion the dark priest created a dark wave that shattered the shield like glass and knocked back even the powerful faun.
"Fucking useless piece of shit shield...." Avalanche growled, scrambling back on his feet. The necromancer confidently walked to the knocked down light warriors and created a black sphere in the palm of his hand. Ximeness threw it towards the white mage, who casted another shield in an attempt to block the dark magic.
Before Avalanche could register what was going on he was picked up and saw the dark sphere pierce the shield which once again broke like glass. Perry had grabbed him by his cape and carried him over his shoulder.
"I'll be taking this." the faun said confidently."Think you can sabotage their shield?"
"Depends." Avalanche growled."Think you can take him?"
"Please." Perry scoffed."I've been waiting on a challenge.........I still kinda want to ride a dracolich."
"Wouldn't recommend it..." Avalanche said, eyeing the approaching necromancer."Lot of blood, pain.......death."
"Well then you better do something about Lord whatshisface right?" Perry smirked.

Avalanche nodded and ran off, feeling the dark magic behind him and hearing the clashing of steel.

Lord Carstein continued the ritual like Ximeness ordered him too but kept a close eye on the young white mage.  He was under no obligation to stop him or to interfere. Avalanche just assumed he wanted his family freed and would stop reviving dragonzombies the moment they were.

The shield however was something completely alien to him.

Some of the runes were similar to the ones appearing on his own shield, but they felt like polar opposites. Where his own shield gave him a sense of warmth and safety this one felt cold and oppressive. That and Avalanche never even thought of attempting to cast a shield this size.
Avalanche tried getting information out of the runes but he never bothered reading the symbols on his own shield; he wasn't going to figure out the meaning to these. In a desperate attempt to find a hint on how to disable the shield he cast his own shield next to it, If he could find similarities he would be closer to understanding it. However, much to his surprise, every time he found set of runes he thought looked alike, they turned out to be mirror images of each other.

He tried to think back on any hints he might have missed. The necromancer used a shield very similar to his own, but had no problem whatsoever piercing the white barriers. The only other dark mage Avalanche had any interaction with was Ansem, but there was nothing special going on between them. Avalache just felt kind of uneasy with Ansem's magic, and Ansem seemed really uneasy around him.....And there was that time Avalanche tried to heal him but could feel the dark magic interfering.

Avalanche wanted to smack himself in the face upon realizing;"More of this goddamn retarded videogame logic." he growled. He looked at his hand and tried to recall how to cast his holy fire."This is going to wear me out..." he thought to himself as the white flames started circling around his fingers.
Black magic and White magic are each other's polar opposite. The reason Ximeness' could pierce his barriers wasn't because he was so much more powerful but because his black magic completely neutralized his own. Ansem's body, in a similar fashion, resisted the healing magic because it was his polar opposite. He felt so incredibly stupid for not realizing it sooner.

Avalanche opened his palm and placed it upon the dark shield."Holy Goddamn Fire." he growled, before watching the dark shield shatter.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:47 pm

As Avalanche’s holy fire leapt from his fingers the shield buckled and shattered into a thousand pieces. The Von Carstein family shrieked in fear, the mother pulling the children close and shielding them as shards of mana rained down around them. Avalanche stepped back with a look of satisfaction at his work, the warding runes guttering and fading into nothingness, the spell dissolving away.

Lady Von Carstein gradually looked up, staring in disbelief around her. Like a gentleman Avalanche held out his hand and helped her to her feet.

“Are you alright?”

“You broke the shield,” said Lady Von Carstein, surprise evident in her voice.

Avalanche positively beamed with pride “No problem, I was-“

His words trailed off as, staring at the woman, he was suddenly seized with a feeling of nameless dread. Now the Lady Von Carstein was closer he could see her clearly, and some base instinct screamed at him to run. Oh yes, she was pretty, daubed in her makeup and fine dress, but there was something wrong about her. Her smile seemed too fake, her movements too unnatural, her deep eyes too soulless. It was like a corpse masquerading as a woman, the rot smeared with cream and satin. His skin crawled with revulsion, feeling as though he was staring into the maw of a shark.

The Lady Von Carstein smiled, and there was no warmth in it “Now my dear, do not be so alarmed. You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“I, uh…” Avalanche stammered, feeling like a mouse before a lion, somehow knowing that this woman was the most dangerous creature he’d ever met.

“You have freed us, and for that I am grateful. Now, if you will excuse me, I must attend to my children. We have been frightfully cooped up and starved, so I believe it is time to extend some Mousillon hospitality to our hosts. Children?” The pair ran to her “Are you ready my dears?”

“Yes mama,” answered the girl, fixing Avalanche with the same soulless smile as her mother “Maybe the white mage will join us?”

“White magic sours the blood. He’s no good to us.” Lady Von Carstein chuckled “Come now. Let’s show these pretenders who holds the true powers of death here.”

With a terrible screech her mouth split open at the seams, revealing a maw of razor teeth crowned with a pair of dagger fangs. Her jaw dislocated like a snake and her children followed suit, their angelic faces turning into horrific visages filled with fangs and black sunken eyes. Shrieking like banshees they leapt upon the necromancers, teeth tearing out jugulars and ripping open throats in a savage frenzy. They moved like quicksilver, exsanguinating cultists in seconds before ripping apart the next. Avalanche stared in muted terror at the carnage, rooted to the spot in shock.

“They’re…they’re…”

“Vampires.”

He whirled to find Lord Von Carstein standing behind him. Now his family were freed he’d broken off his chanting in an instant, abruptly aborting the ritual. The noble hadn’t made a sound on his approach; he could have killed the white mage in an instant. And now he knew the truth Avalanche could see the full terrible majesty of the most powerful necromancer in the Northlands, the gothic Lord of the Night. Avalanche gripped his staff in front of him in what he hoped was a defensive position. A faint flicker of amusement tugged Von Carstein’s mouth.

“What are you doing here, white mage?”

“We, uh,” Avalanche glanced around, wishing someone else was here to back him up “We came to rescue you.”

“Oh?”

There was no sense beating round the bush with a creature who could devour him in a heartbeat “You’re the royal family of Mousillon, right? We’re the Champions of prophecy and…well, we need you to take back Mousillon so we can unite the city states and stop the Nameless Army and save the world.” He shrugged “Yeah. It’s a long story.”

Von Carstein smiled, fangs briefly glimpsed behind thin lips “You have done my family a great service, white mage. I am a man of honour, and your deed shall not go unremembered.”

Avalanche wasn’t entirely sure if that was praise or a threat. He made to a reply when an all-too familiar roar silenced him. He spun, the marrow freezing in his bones at a sight he’d hope to forget.

“Oh yes,” said Lord Von Carstein dryly “There are unfinished matters to attend to.”

---------------------------------

Perry was carving a swath of destruction towards Ximeness. The necromancers were coming to their master’s aid, bringing with them their undead servants. The press of bodies was slowing down even the faun, each dodge of a magic missile giving Ximeness a few seconds more to back further away. Perry growled in frustration, hacking down the same zombie for the third time. He turned as it lurched back its feet, then its skull was sliced in half, the top part of the brain falling out and the body collapsing. He looked to see Raya had joined him in the melee.

“What’re you doing here?”

“You looked like you were having fun, so I thought I’d keep you company.”

“Stealing my kills more like.”

“Pfft, I can get plenty of my own thank you very much.”

“Want to bet?”

“Bet that I can kick your ass at this?”

“First to fifty.”

“You’re on.”

The two turned upon the foe, the ferocity of the attack taking the necromancers by surprise. Between Perry’s strength and Raya’s speed their line of defence broke under the onslaught, scattering backwards in a desperate attempt to escape the unstoppable force and the whirlwind of blades. Raya and Perry stood, breathing heavily, in the temporary lull.

“Thirty three!”

“That was never thirty three!”

“Want to go back and count?”

“That was twenty five at the most.”

“Bullshit.”

“Killing the same zombie multiple times only counts as one.”

“Since when?!”

“Since the start.”

“You’re making this shit up.”

“Don’t get mad at me because you’re losi-“

A bellowing roar cut them off and instinctively the pair threw themselves aside as an immense tail crashed down between them. They picked themselves up, staring in surprise at the reanimated dragon corpse raising its tail for a second strike. Though the ritual had been interrupted the bones had absorbed enough daemonic essence for the carcass to move of its own accord, the great bulk twitching and juddering as it propelled itself forward. It was slow and ungainly, nowhere near full strength, yet it still possessed the thirst for flesh and the singlemindedness of the undead. And now it sought its prey.

The tail smashed down again, sending up showers of dust, narrowly missing the two. Perry shook himself then looked over to Raya.

“This guy counts as 50, right?”

“That’s not fai-“

The dracolich lashed out with its claws at Perry, who just as quickly spun and swung his axe, severing a digit the length of his arm. The dracolich howled, heaving its bulk to face the grinning faun who danced just beyond its reach. Raya made to move round and join him when the hiss of a metal blade being drawn made her pause and turn. Standing in his place of honour at the forefront of the circle Ximeness stood wearing a mask of fury, one hand crackling with dark magic and the other holding a silver knife shimmering with enchantment. Around him the ritual had descended into chaos and he shook with barely restrained anger.

“You have disrupted the work of centuries,” he hissed “You may have freed my necromancer and slaughtered my followers, but Kilanirax still hungers behind the veil. I’ll rip out your hearts and tear open the portal myself!”

Raya smirked “I’d like to see you try.” Spinning the sword in her grip she dashed forward to attack the high priest.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:08 pm

It was a single room cottage, with a hearth and a small bed. A bookshelf was up against the far wall, sagging under the weight of a number of tomes.

“Well this is lame. It’s just an empty fucking cottage. What a rip-off!” Snake said, kicking the bed.

Camilla sighed, and sat down. “Where even are we, guys? We’re lost and separated from the rest of the group…”

TD looked around the cottage again, when a soft voice sounded in his ear.

“Check out that bookcase. There’s something… off… about it.”

Aurora appeared faintly on his shoulder, then flitted over to the waiting shelf.

TD walked over to the shelf, and started examining the dusty books.

“Hmmm… they all seem to be necromancy tomes, though nothing seems to be out of place…”

Aurora looked at him, and then flapped her wings. A section of books to the left of the shelf seemed to shimmer, and then waver, as if in the midst of a heat haze.

Aurora, what was that?

“There’s… a form of illusion magic placed on this shelf. It’s not strong, so a mage would overlook it most times. I only noticed it because it's made with some form of dark magic. It misdirects the eyes, makes them see without seeing. There’s some sort of mechanism behind that section of books."

TD pulled the (now obviously fake) books off the shelf, and found a small lever. Pulling it, the shelf the books were on made a mechanical “KLUNK” noise, and swung loose from the wall. Behind the shelf was a staircase leading down.

“Woah, what the hell is that, TD? A secret passage? And you figured that out by yourself? You clever dog, you.” Snake said, moving over towards the gaping hole in the wall.

“Do you think we should go down there?” Camilla said, peering into the darkness below.

“Either it’s an optional dungeon, or it’s a secret passage to a place of plot relevance. Either way, good for us.”  TD said, shrugging.

“That is…” he said, pausing. “Assuming that we’re still operating on video game logic, I mean. I haven’t seen anything to suggest the contrary, however.”

TD took a torch from the wall, and started stepping down the staircase.

“You guys coming?” He said, turning back towards them.

The two nodded, and followed him into the gloom.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Somehow, Fedaykin had managed to mingle with his undead brethren during the ensuing chaos, probably thanks to Relmitos creating pockets of darkness to conceal himself and the occasional ally in. The enemy necromancers were too busy controlling their own zombies to care for a single one, who probably was controlled by a fellow dark mage anyway. The Lich knew all too well, that once he lost the element of surprise, he might as well get under the control of one of his foes, but if was able to do enough damage, the other zombies would stop giving coordinated resistance, maybe even turn on their former masters. A risk worth to be taken, facing the resurrection of an Elder God. Fedaykin drew close to the mob of robes in front of him, the dark energy pulsating hard and hot in his mind, numbing his mind, almost washing him away in the tides of raw power. Concealing his weapons, focusing as much as he could, he intentionally stumbled inbetween the enemy ranks, facing his biggest trial so far. Necromancy had created him, it might as well undo him.

And the bluff worked. The arcanists were too preoccupied to even notice the single stray undead, a few annoyed glances at best, but nothing more. Finally, Fed reached the last line of necromancers. During this short amount of time among the enemy, a single thought went through his besieged mind time and time again. Was there a way to minimize bloodshed? He had sworn to himself, that he'd rather protected life than vanquished it, but these people activly tried to bring forth the End of Days, with a lot of more success than every obscure sect or cult had achieved back home. Every single one of them was able to continue the task. Shaking his head ever so slightly, the Lich came to a decision. No mercy would be given, as they would show none to the world they'd unleash this beast on. In one swift motion, he unsheathed his daggers and planted them deeply into the necks of two neighbouring necromancers. Before the bodies hit the ground, still showing a surprised expression on their faces, the sharp blades continued their bloody work on their fellow sorcerers. Silent, but efficient, Fedaykin danced between his victims, cutting throats, preventing as much noise as possible, but it was just a matter of moments, until somebody would notice the sudden confusion on the front or a scream would be heard.

The culling was abruptly stopped, when a certain redhead turned around, just as Fed got ready to strike. She recognized him instantly and reacted immediatley. Not bothering with a spell, she punched the undead straight in the face, followed up with a nasty kick to the jaw, hard enough to knock him off his feet and land flat on the back on the ground, raising enough dust to cloud his vision. The lifeforce silhouettes of a couple of necromancers encircled him, their arms raised, probably holding knifes or similar nasty surprises. As the dust started to settle, it revealed ginger hair, a pair of cold eyes and a smile, that promised great woe to come. A promise, that would be fullfilled, but not the way she had been anticipating. Shrill shrieks of otherwordly origin pierced through the clamour of battle, heads turning to where the royal hostages should have been.

A heartbeat later, Terror was amongst them. The redhead was silently pulled back into the cloud of dust, never to be seen again. A thin trail of blood left behind was the only hint to her ultimate fate. Then the screams came. Fedaykin could only see glimpses of fast moving shadows, shining teeth and wings inbetween clouds of blood and the more than occassional spray. The Lich was stunned by the spectacle he was witnessing, as the pool of necromancer lifeforce was drained at an abhorrent pace. The answer to this riddle was obvious, but his mind hesitated to acknowledge it. A sudden yank on his shoulders and before Fed knew it, he was floating several feet above the ground, while sharp claws cut deep into his flesh. Still unable to grasp the situation he found himself in now, he couldn't help to stare at a fluffy little kitten down below, which joyfully wrestled with a bloody piece of intestins, rolling down the corpse of the organ's former owner, wrapping itself up in the process, just leaving the head free. It was the most terrifying display of cute he had ever seen. How could that possibly... a hiss right next to his ear made him finally snap out, though he wished he could remain oblivious of the entities responible for his levitation.

„This one doesn't smell like the others, Sister, would you agree? I can't tell what it is, but it... intigues me...“ The voice was male, but not entirely human, as if a feral predator somehow had learned to talk English. The voice that answered was similar, but slightly higher pitched. „What is it this time? It's no food and as boring as the other lifeless, let's shred it to pieces and be done with it! I'm still thirsty.“ Inbetween, the caught Undead started shaking in fear.„I'm so fucked, that's it, shit, ich bin so im Arsch, das wars, Scheisse Scheisse Scheisse...“

„Sister, did you hear that? The thing talks! They are not supposed to do that!“ „So what? It's still boring and I want more blood NOW, do you hear me?“ The male groaned. „Alright, alright. Let's just show it to Mother first and then you can have a quarter of my remaining portion, fair?“ „Half!“ „ALRIGHT, I hope you choke on it! Now let's go see Mother!“

They found her ripping out another poor sod's jugulum, feasting on his lifejuice. Fed prayed, that the vampires' frenzy would stop before they jumped onto his friends. He had great confidence in them, but these creatures would overpower them in the blink of an eye. „MOTHER!“ „What is it, my dear Ludwig? Are you still hungry? There are some leftovers over there.“ She turned around graciously, wiping off her mouth on her victim's robe. „Oh, look at what you found there, my sweethearts! And it is hardly damaged either! I'm sure your father will be very pleased to study it, so expect a nice treat...“ She was interrupted by a cough.

„Ex...excuse me, please, Madam, but...“, Fed swallowed hard, trying to ignore the fear occupying every fibre of his body, „I am a he, not it and if you haven't noticed, there is a big stomping dragon skeleton filled with the essence of unspeakable evil on the loose. I am aware, that I am in no position to demand anything, but...could we postpone this little toy experimenting thing for after the big fight...? Ehm...please?“

The Countess stared intensely at the Lich, then smacked him across the face with the back of her hand. It felt like the force was large enough to rip his head off, but just managed to make the vampire children to let go. Once again, Fed found himself in the dirt. „You dare to speak, before you are adressed to? You are lucky, that you are a fascinating specimen...and have a point. This situation must be dealt with. But don't you think, that we are finished here.“ She smiled a high octane nightmare fuel smile. „I will teach you some manners before long...“

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Requiem scowled, his illusions vanishing. It was getting harder to keep his magick active. Instead he switched to the fireballs, pressing the gemstone on his gauntlet. Still, he could feel his body weakening. The energy drain was pretty strong. He nearly failed at dodging an oncoming attack from a necromancer while switching, but managed to drive his fist into the man's body cavity, releasing a burst of fire inside, charring his internal organs. The scent of burnt flesh filled his nostrils and he shook his head, feeling woozy.

This wasn't working. Q had said that it was drawing off of his own life energy, and from that of those around him. Requiem wondered if it was possible to direct it. He closed his eyes, focusing on the chaos around him, there was a flow to it that he could feel. Then it hit him. Above his head the words 'Level Up' appeared in gold letters. Requiem smiled, opening his eyes. He didn't quite know how he knew, but he knew there was something he could do. He turned his attention to the crumpled form of burnt necromancer in front of him and smiled. He placed his hands towards the corpse and the shadows of death began to swirl and grow around it, rising away from the body and into Requiem. A small bar appeared next to him that he hadn't noticed before. A mana bar. Since when had he had a mana bar? He shook his head as it filled slightly. Not much. The body must not have had much left after he had killed it.

Looking around, Requiem spotted what he expected would be the largest source of mana available. The Dracolich. It was distracted presently with Perry doing his Perry thing. Raising his hands towards it, he tried siphoning energy from it, and nearly as soon as he'd started, he got hit with a wave of energy like he couldn't believe. "Alright, this should do." He remarked, turning to face the zombies that remained. It wasn't until then that he realised that the royal family was out and about. It didn't matter too much though. He'd just have to avoid them.

It was in this thought that he suddenly became aware that he was standing in a battlefield. Mostly because a flying body had landed on him, nearly knocking him to the ground. Or, half a body anyway. He looked up to see Raya clearing a path through the area. Her attention wasn't even remotely on him though. She was charging the high priest guy.

Requiem shoved the half-body off of himself and lit up his gauntlets, returning to the fray. The main force was dealt with now, so his new target was the one he'd sapped energy from. The Dracolich.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 pm

Spoiler:
I'm not allowed to complain how bad I think this is >_> Here you go Skype chat, love you too!
As the battle raged in the heart of the Isle Ximeness and Raya were locked in a duel to the death. Up upon the raised dais of the inner circle they fought back and forth, each seeking to gain the advantage. They were too evenly matched, neither able to get past the other's defences. With his left hand blazing bright with dark magic Ximeness risked a gamble, feinting to the side. Raya made to follow and realised the bluff too late. He struck out with his silver knife and she dodged out of the way, but not soon enough. The blade skimmed past her cheek, scratching the skin. Her grin at her narrow escape was abruptly obliterated as pain exploded across her face. She gasped and staggered, hand clutched to flesh that was burning and charring unnaturally. The second of surprise was all Ximeness needed; he leapt forward and all Raya saw was a flash of silver as the blade was plunged up to the hilt in her shoulder.

Black smoke erupted from the wound, the flesh around it blackening and searing in seconds as though the blade was as hot as the sun. Raya shrieked, an inhuman scream of agony and shock that for a second drowned out the sound of battle. Ximeness tore the sacrificial dagger free, smoke gushing in its wake and enchanted runes glowing, swinging it downwards to disembowel her and end this.

A hand lashed down and seized his wrist, stopping the blade an inch away from her stomach. He looked up and found himself staring in to green eyes blazing with a murderous berserk rage.

Ximeness threw himself back, Raya’s teeth snapping where his throat was a second ago. He raised his hand to cast a spell but before he could blink she'd leapt forward and crashed into his chest, sending them both off the end of the dais and smashing into the dirt floor behind. Ximeness lashed out blindly, a frenzy of tooth and claw upon him, his dagger finding flesh and awarding him with a screech of pain. He kicked out and threw her off, scrambling away to give himself a moment to breathe.

He could hear the sounds of battle continuing on the other side of the platform, but his reinforcements weren't coming; between his followers and him was his opponent. She was on her knees in the dust, one hand clutched to the new smoking black wound in her side. He sneered and got back to his feet, knowing full well no one could fight with a wound like that. His hand burst into purple fire as he charged another spell. He could easily blow her head off from here, but it would be so much more fun to blast her dead and bring her back as a zombie. Setting her on her own friends would be so delightful...

As though hearing his thoughts her head snapped up and Ximeness hesitated in surprise. There was no fear in those eyes, nothing but an unheeding madness focused entirely upon him. Her jaws were elongating to fit in rows of razor teeth, swords discarded as fingers grew curved claws. The second of hesitation was all that was needed- she charged forward faster than he could register, teeth fastening around his right wrist and with an almighty crunch shattered the bones within. He howled in pain, dropping his knife and she spun, dragging him round and flipping him up and over to smash into the ground. Ximeness gasped, winded, trying desperately to summon a spell to defend himself but clawed hands slammed down on his wrists, pinning him in place. He looked up to see an extended maw of teeth millimetres from his face and beyond them a pair of green eyes wide with insane bloodlust, the pupils pinpricks that focused solely on their prey. And above them…Ximeness saw for the first time the mark on her forehead obscured by her hair blazing with power. His face dropped with terror, mouth opening to cry out, but the air never left his lungs.

The hands left his wrists and the claws plunged into his chest, slicing through the muscles and latching around his ribs. With a single savage movement she tore open his ribcage as though it were paper, bones snapping and splintering like matchsticks. Ximeness gave a strangled gasp, staring in mute horror at his exposed organs as Raya reared up with jaws agape before plunging forward, teeth fastening around his beating heart. With a wrench of her neck she tore it free, shredded arteries cascading thick crimson lifeblood in torrents around them. Ximeness’ last sight was her astride his chest, slowly chewing and devouring his heart, her eyes locked on his, watching him expire with mindless hunger and hate.

----------------

Fedaykin was squirming under the scrutiny of the Lady von Carstein when Raya’s scream echoed across the battlefield. Terror seized him and he spun, realising his charge was nowhere to be seen. The vampire family threatening him meant nothing anymore; they were forgotten as he turned and ran. He scrambled in the direction the sound had come from, eyes locking on to two lifeforces behind the dais. One was blazing brightly, the other guttering and dying. Fearing the worst he vaulted over the platform’s edge, ready to spring forward and fight the moment he hit the ground. Instead the sight that greeted him pulled him short and stagger in surprise.

Ximeness was lying flat on his back in the dirt, arms spread and head tilted back, staring at the sky with unseeing eyes frozen in a look of mute terror. His ribcage was cracked open, white shards interlaced with red sinew, Raya’s face obscured behind them as she crouched over his body. Her neck wrenched and to Fed’s horror he saw her head rise, tearing free a mass of blood and muscle with her teeth. She snapped at the dangling flesh, throwing her head back and swallowing it whole. Fed’s mouth opened and closed in surprise, unable to form a coherent reaction.

“...Raya?”

Her head snapped round at the sound of his voice and in a blink of an eye she had cleared the space between them. Some instinct made him raise his arm in self-defence and her teeth sank into it instead of his throat. He stared down in shock at his charge; it was something not entirely human that stared back at him with blind fury and hatred. Her eyes were wild and savage, jaws distended and filled with razor teeth that had pierced his arm to the bone. Her face was smeared with blood that was not her own, and then he took in the terrible wounds, still black and smoking, that peppered her body. It dawned on him how much pain she must be in, how terrifying it had been for her, and realisation sank in. He dropped his daggers and before she could pull back he wrapped his other arm around her, pulling her close to him.

“Sshh, meine liebe, it’s alright, you’re safe now.”

Raya snarled and thrashed, but pinned in place she couldn’t free herself. She bit deeper into his arm, unable to pull back enough to let go, claws ripping madly at his chest and tearing gouges from his armour.  He grimly hung on, ignoring it and gently stroking her hair.

“Hush Raya, I know it's bad but you’re safe now, nothing is going to hurt you. Calm down, I’m here, sshhh...”

The mad snarling gradually quieted, slipping into a low growl and then to silence. Fed glanced down to see her looking human again, the frenzied light in her eyes replaced by a look of confusion. He loosened his grip and she cautiously disengaged herself from his arm, stepping back and swaying, looking in bewilderment at him.

“Fed?” she asked, voice as unsteady as she was “What...”

The pain hit her all at once and she crumpled instantly. Fed was by her side in a heartbeat.

“Raya, are you-“

“Oh God Fed,” she sobbed, clutching at the wounds on her shoulder and side “It hurts.”

Fedaykin gingerly pulled her hand away from her shoulder, wincing as he saw the damage. The flesh around the wound was blackened and burnt as though she’d been stabbed with a red hot poker. But at least there was no blood loss and she didn’t appear fatally wounded “You’ll be fine, don’t worry, Av will...” he trailed off as he realised she’d passed out from the pain. Probably for the best really.

He glanced up at the mauled remains of Ximeness, then back down at his charge. How could someone so small cause so much carnage? He remembered the way she’d stared at him, completely berserk and eyes filled with a blind hate that did not recognise him, and a face halfway between human and something else...he looked at his arm, riddled with teeth marks, the flesh sliced through as easily as butter. Something was very wrong here, and it occurred to him that although he was her bodyguard, although he had sworn to protect her no matter what, the one thing he may not be able to protect her from was herself.

The thought terrified him.

He stood up and picked her up, Raya curling up helpless in his embrace. The battle was still raging on, questions could wait until later. And- he thought, glancing at what was left of the high priest- there was some that could go without being asked.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:27 pm

A little competition now and then never hurt anyone, Perry thought grinning as he had kept track of the numerous undead and their respective enchanters that had fallen by the flying axes operated by his skillful hands. Where Perry excelled in strength, felling enemies with a single blow, Raya excelled in speed and accuracy, making just as little work of the hostile forces as the large Faun. It was a side that the large goatman had not seen before from their previously elected "leader", and as blood showered the air around them whilst they joined eachother in combat, he couldn't help but start to feel a sense of respect for the woman.
In the back of his head he kept his worries however. He had not forgotten the vile and bestial murder the woman had committed not so long ago. The fighting only made it clearer for the faun that it really couldn't have been someone other than her.

Nonetheless, all the violence was used for a just cause, and Perry could hardly judge her for acting the same as him right now. The sense of kinship with the usually timid mother hen was a welcome one. Number by number the enemies fell, and the bickering continued. Just as it seemed that there would be no end to who was further ahead than the other, the duo got interrupted. A sound like no other, primitive and raw in nature, a roar so loud that Perry's hearing automatically had to lower it to protect his eardrums. The ground shook and it was clear to both Perry and Raya that something was coming. On instinct the two of them leapt out of the way before the structure of a skeletal tail, so massive it spanned at least half the distance they had just cleaved through, struck the ground.

The Dracolich that had been lying to rest up untill now had started to move, having gained enough energy from the still yet to be finished ritual to acquire a taste for flesh. Perry stood up and looked over to Raya. As great a fighter she just proved herself, he wasn't sure if her sharp and fast blows would do much harm to the beast without Perry's strength behind them... Thinking of a way to make her focus on other matters he simply smiled broadly.
"That'll count as 50 right?"

Raya wanted to reply, but the faun had already ran off after he had just claimed dibs on the behemoth. He left her to deal with the high priest, that had also taken her responsible for the failing of his ritual, but that was beyond Perry's knowledge as he focused on the enemy infront of him. A large claw came crashing down towards him without much thought behind it. The monster was still merely thrashing about and not giving much mind to his surroundings, possibly hurting any of his teammates soon as well. The faun would have to remedy that. As the claw came swinging, it was met by the forceful swing of one of Perry's axes while he backpedalled, severing one of the digits from the claw.
The usually large Faun was dwarfed by the Dracolich size, evident in the fact that the severed digit was already the size of Perry's arms. The beast howled once more, but the sound would not affect the Faun's ears as he focused on other noises. As the claw had swung infront of him, he could hear more than just the air whizzing around the monster's limbs. There was a rushing of energy, a sound like no other and yet natural in it's demeanor that seemed to give life to the otherwise inanimate bones. Tuned to the sound, Perry focused on the enemy in front of him as the giant skeleton turned and thrashed to face the creature that had dared defy it. Perry readied himself and turned the axes in his hands to readjust the grip.
"Let's try out those sweet dream moves I was told about", he said with a grin.

The Dracolich roared, but again it was to deaf ears. In stead of cowering like the few straggling necromancers amidst the onslaught the faun and Raya had earlier comitted, Perry stomped his hoof down and let out his own bellowing roar in return. It did not carry as much dread or reach even remotely as far as the beast's voice, but for the immediate surrounding near the faun the two sound blasts clashed and battled to a stalemate.
Challenged by a mere ant in comparison, the Dracolich was taken aback slightly before swinging flapping it's skeletal wing structures and swinging down at the nuisance with it's front paw. The faun would have nothing of it, however, and leaped for the sweeping limb before it reached him. The twin axes dug deep into the bone and the faun's strong grip let him hold on to the force of the dragon's movements. The dracolich retracted it's paw and tried to swing Perry off, but the latter only used this to his advantage. He didn't need to be so speedy when his opponent was THIS big. Wedging his axes from the bones, he flew up with the dragon's movements and ended up high in the sky. With a wicked grin on his face, he held out both axes as his momentum reverted and gravity took a hold of him once more. With crashing speeds he fell down towards the dracolich's neck, finding himself strangely able to steer and adjust his trajectory in mid-air as he fell to ensure his landing on the target. He could hear the whizzing of the magical energy swirling around the dracolich and pin pointed one of the spots it seemed to concentrated. The blow of more than 300lbs crashing onto the dracolich's neck was not enough to break the creatures neck, but the impact forced the behemoth's head down into the ground with a violent crash. Perry slammed his axes into the concentrated point of magical energy as the dracolich had to recover from the heavy blow, and ensured himself a grip by digging the axes into the bone even deeper. Hitting the weakspot pointed out to him by his ability seemed to weaken the Dracolich for now, as it let out a hellish scream of agony and torment and started thrashing.
"Let the rodeo begin", Perry said with a grin while looking around the battle field for Roy, only to find the white mage with a face matching the colour of his robes staring at the faun. With no surrounding walls for the beast to slam him into, however, Perry felt confident he wouldn't lose this ride that quickly.

The dracolich thrashed and thrashed about, clearly not affected by Perry's attacks more than a bit of a stun and some stinging pain. The faun had to use all his concentration just to hang on for now as the beast moved about and would have to find a way to put this thing down soon. For now all he could do was hold on.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:16 pm

At the base of the stairs was an old wooden door, made of some dark wood, stained darker with age, and on one side of the door was a handle and keyhole, made of a metal so black it seemed to draw the light out of the air.

“Anyone got a key?” TD asked, looking around.

Camilla looked at the door, frowned for a moment, concentrating, then, with a flash of green movement, delivered a solid kick to the door near the handle. The lock squealed with the sound of rending metal, and the door swung inward. Peering into the darkness beyond, TD shrugged.

“Subtlety isn’t really our strong point anyway.”

Camilla shook her head for a moment, paused, and swung her leg out to the side, before nodding, and walking forward, taking an unlit torch from the bracket beside the door, and passed it back towards TD.

TD took the torch and lit it with a flick of his wrist and a spark, and walked forward into the room beyond the door.

Beyond the door was a room filled with shelves and dust. An old table stood in the center of the room, but the chairs around it were smashed to bits, and the table itself had a number of large gouges in the surface. As TD stepped further into the room, he could see the remains of books sitting on the back of the shelves.

“At one point this might have been a library… Or laboratory…” TD said, looking around.

“And now?” Camilla said, walking closer to the table and looking down at the damaged wood.

“Well, those look like weapon marks… I think that someone might have been hiding here, but was found… I think that whomever took them away probably ripped apart the books as some form of petty revenge.”

With that, Snake walked up to the pair, holding the remains of a large tome. On it in gold, embossed letters, was the phrase “TOME OF NECROMANTIC ARTS AND MASTERY OVER DEATH”

TD looked down at the book, then around the room.

“Lovely. More zombies.” He said, nervously.

Walking around the far side of the room, TD found another door. However, this one, unlike the first one, was hanging slightly open.

“I think it leads further in this direction, guys.” He said, looking back.

Snake and Camilla walked up to where the door was, and TD looked at them, before walking through the door into the hall beyond.

The hall was carved stone, similar to the room they had just exited. However, the hall had stone markers embedded in the wall every 3 feet or so, in a stack of 4. Snake leaned in to inspect one, and started reading.

“Here lies Mortimer Lindquist, aged 67… Jesus Christ, these are all people!”

Snake recoiled in shock, and looked around, trying not to make contact with any of the markers.

TD swallowed audibly, and took another cautious step forward.

No sound was heard, apart from his footstep and the gentle crackle of the torch. TD motioned for Snake and Camilla to follow him, and they walked forward through the catacombs.

“So, why do you think they’ve got all these bodies under that shack?” Snake asked, looking around.

“Well…” TD responded in a whisper, “I think that since this is meant to be a bolt-hole for a necromancer, he’d want a ready supply of weapons...”

“Ah.”

The trio advances through another arch and come out into a larger room, with the walls lined with yet more holes.

“So if that back there was the emergency stash, what’s this?” Camilla said, nervous.

“Standing army?” TD said, weakly shrugging.

“But they’re empty.” Camilla replied, looking around.

From farther off in the distance, they heard a shriek.

“What the fuck was that?” Snake said, gripping his butter knife.

The shriek sounded again. It was an unearthly sound that seemed to tear right into the soul of the three figures. The very sound of it seemed to make the shadows grow longer, the torch burn dimmer. It was the sound of despair, of hopelessness and death, embodied and given voice.

“Nope. Fuck this. I’m not going any further. I’m not going to run into whatever the FUCK that is.” Snake said, and crossed his arms.

“I’m with Snake on this…” Camilla said nervously, looking down.

TD looked at the pair of them, then looked into the darkness ahead.

“Fine.” He shrugged, and shook his head.

“Fine. You don’t want to go ahead, I’m alright with that. With whatever-the-fuck that was somewhere in the distance, I wouldn’t either. Except… I’m fucking TIRED of this shit. I’m TIRED of this FUCKING world and feeling so FUCKING useless. I’m going to get back to the group. I’m GOING to find whatever is making that noise, and I’m GOING to MURDER it or DIE TRYING. It’s probably going to be the latter, but I don’t CARE ANYMORE. The giant army is going to come for all of us in the end. There’s no escape for us. Our only option is to just press forward and hope we can figure out a way in the end. All I know is that sitting here, running from our problems, won’t solve ANYTHING.”

TD takes a few steps forward, and turns back.

“You don’t have to follow me. Still, I’d appreciate it if you did. Besides, you two are better off than I am. I mean, if things go south, the two of you can run faster than I can, and have a much easier time of evading anyone. I mean, it’s not like I can change my shape or go invisible. All I CAN do is run in and hope not to die. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do.”

Snake and Camilla spent a moment there in the sudden silence. TD’s sudden outburst was, to say the least, unexpected. The torch crackled softly in their hand, and TD’s shape started to fade into the gloom ahead.

“… I’m going to go with him. It’s like he said- if they’re all coming for us in the end, we might as well try now.” Camilla said, and started to move forward.

Snake caught her arm and held her in place for a moment. He then let go, and responded.

“Guess I’m going too. Though, why I’m listening to TD of all people, I have no idea.”

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:50 pm

In any other circumstance, Fed would have felt good about having a lovely woman in his arms. Looking at the current situation made such thoughts trivial though, if not distracting. This had to be the top loop of the rollercoaster ride that this adventure had become so far. Everything from this point on only could go downhill, but would they be able to gain enough momentum to climb the next ascent?

They just had to. Bruised, beaten, but not broken...yet. The orange gaze still fixed on his ward, the Undead summoned all the resolve that was left in his spirit, his sense of duty to shake off the grasp of terror, that had a hold over him. The world was in peril, after all. But the world itself is just a too huge concept to understand for a frail mind of questionable mortality. People, on the other hand, those Fedaykin understood. One of his close friends was capable of helping Raya, the other was riding an eldritch horror, even enjoying it by the looks. A simple quest by video game logic:

1) Bring Raya to Avalanche. Murder horribly everything that gives as much as a mean look.
2) Stab the Dracolich into submission.
3) -OPTIONAL- Grab a snack on the way.

The necromancers already had broken under the group's onslaught and even more under the vampiric hunger. They were more likely to flee than to engage. Then again, he was running low on precious lifeforce... Also, he hated to admit it to himself, the knowledge one of them could possess could prove to be worth dealing with another asshole being locked up in his skull. So if possible, eat one now and leave one for dessert. He still had his oath in mind, but mercy sometimes had to be put on the backseat. His undead brethren posed more of an distraction than an actual threat without the driving force behind them.

The second task would most certainly prove to be a much bigger challenge. Bones usually don't care about stabs. Where's a Holy Lazor when you need one? Where the hell was the other half of the party anyway? Hopefully they would arrive soon, reinforcement would be very much appreciated. Though by the Rules of Drama, they would pull a Gandalf and save everybody seconds away from defeat. Fed shook his head, silencing the cynic in his mind and started looking for Roy. He could make him out on the other side of the battlefield, his essence glowing brighter than before. He was probably filled with holy magic, opposed to the grey taint on the necromancers...a thought worth of keeping in mind for later, if there was to be a later.

“Running over a battlefield with no hand free isn't prudent. Let's see if I can pull off what the old Mestres did...“ Gently, he kneeled down, putting Raya on the ground and cut off a few leather stripes from his cloak, put off his boots and wrapped his feet in them. Another two cuts in the front of the boots, he put them back on, carefully sticking his daggers' hilts in each of them. It was a stupid plan, but it had to do. Looking way more confident than he actually felt, he picked up the still unconscious British and made a run for it.

A pair of necromancers came running in his general direction, half-crazed from the sights they had to endure in the last few moments witnessed. Recognizing the speeding Undead as one of their earlier attackers, they drew their own sacrificial daggers, howling their rage against him. So much for the most-likely-to-flee theory. Not altering his course, Fed aimed for the narrow opening between the two men. As the ornamented weapons started their descent, the undead bodyguard held tight on his passenger and jump-rolled underneath the slashes. Both he and Raya groaned under the stress, but Fedaykin managed to keep enough momentum to get back to his feet, spinning around, one leg stretched out. A gush of blood errupted beneath one man's chin, the head being held in place by one dusty boot. As Fed tried to keep balance, the other assailant grabbed the boot and gave it a forceful jerk. As he was forced into a split, the bleeding magician was swept of his feet by the undead's other leg. Before the unlucky duo hit the ground, Fed let Raya go, attempting to get a solid hold with his hands on the treacherous surface. Through sheer luck, the dragonbones didn't give in, enabling the Lich to keep his body tension with his leader landing somewhat save in his lap. Laughing manically, the insane necromancer lept at the downed, dagger raised for the finishing blow. His face hit a solid object at full speed. Fedaykin had managed to gather enough force to deliver a kick, which would have made his trainer proud. A crushing sound announced to the world, that heel beats nasal bone anytime of the day. Dazed and groaning, the man lay next to the champions. Fed got up as quickly as possible with Raya relatively savely in his arms again. The flesh and blood at his feet made the Hunger cry out, but feeding was unfortunately out of the question. There was no harm in saving some for later though. He put one of his blades underneath the necromancer's knee and cut the sinews, repeating the procedure on the other side as well. Ignoring the howls of pain from below, Fedaykin's heel came down on the man's skull, rendering him comatose. Maybe there would be enough left for after the battle. He continued running towards his goal, not looking back.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:11 am

The Faun had the skeletal dragon flailing about and the only thought going through Requiem's mind at that particular moment nearly made him facepalm.

Dracolich Used Splash!

But Nothing Happened...

Requiem shook his head. That wave of energy off the lich must've had a bigger effect on him than he'd thought. He was almost giddy. He charged the fire gauntlet and made his way forward through the crowd of necromancers and zombies that remained standing in his path, cleaving them apart with the blade part of his gauntlets that were blowing magickal fire out of them with reckless abandon. He'd never had this much magick immediately at his disposal.

It didn't take the Demi-Wraith to reach the behemoth that his ally was engaged with, but when he arrived, he found himself having to employ every bit of natural dodging ability he had to keep from getting hit by the swinging tail or wings. "Oi! Perry! You need a hand?" He called, raising his right gauntlet up in the Iron Man firing posture.

A blast of flame released from the area, arcing forward and into the hulking skeleton. Requiem only hoped that the undead here fell under normal RPG weaknesses saying the they were weak to fire.

As it turned out, they were. Requiem saw that the lich's bones had been scorched significantly, but more importantly, the damage counter mark showed up as a bright red instead of it's standard white when dealing damage. The words "Critical Hit!" appeared above the left wing where Requiem had hit.

"Damnit, it's one of those bosses?" He growled, irritated. He hated bosses that were segmented like that. They always took forever to take out. "Alright, lets see, left wing, right wing, tail, and we're going to assume body and head fall under the same category." He remarked to himself, not realising that he was thinking out loud.

"Alright... Well, let's get the tail out of the way first, throw off it's balance." Once again, he was thinking out loud. The Half-Wraith aimed another fireball at the beast's tail, and let it fly, chasing behind it just barely. When the fireball hit, Requiem was only a second or so behind it. There was a satisfying sound of bone cracking and smashing as his arm went through the Dragon's tail bone. With a heavy grunt, Requiem placed his other hand up to the bone and released another fireball at point blank range, and gave the bone a pull.

He met some resistance, but the bone did come loose, and the tail fell to the floor. He was almost disappointed it didn't just vanish when it hit the ground, but at the same time, it was nice knowing that it wouldn't be growing back. Between Perry and himself, it looked like they had a pretty good chance of taking the thing down.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 pm

This was not how Avalanche had pictured his epic fantasy adventure.

In front of him laid the rotten carcasses summoned by the necromancers. They rested motionless atop of the shrine and in the dirt, often in funny poses. It would have been a beautiful for a dark comedy were they not gnawing at his shins mere moments ago. To his right the last necromancers decided to run for it. From his left came the vampires, not satisfied with just letting their captors go. The white mage turned his head as he heard the gruesome last shrieks of the dark mages echo across the shrine.
The dracolich, his biggest nightmare, was being wrestles into submission by Perry and Req without too much effort. It made Avalanche feel rather embarrassed for the amount of trouble he had with his fantasy version of that same lich.

Meanwhile, he was crutching behind a tombstone watching the remainder of the battle play out from a safe distance. Dagger firmly grasped in one hand and his staff in the other. He was exhausted and bloodied from the battle, but managed to avoid injury by cowering behind this nameless grave. Truly he was an epic hero of legend.
He did try to look for Sah, to unleash another combination attack on their remaining foe, but he lost the swede in the earlier chaos. Failing the divine intervention of their holy lazer, the vampires could probably assist Perry and Req. After all, they were already dead right? What did they have to lose?
There appeared to be very little to do for him but staying out of sight and preserving his energy for the enevitable post battle healing.

In that moment he dropped his guard and it was that moment that one of the necromancers decided to strike. With a cry of desperation the dark mage grabbed Avalanche and held him as a human shield in front of the lady of Mousillon. The cold steel of a sacrificial dagger made its way to his throat.
"O-One move!" the cultist threatened, scared out of his mind."One move and the white mage gets it!"
"Oh?" The vampire chuckled amused as she took a step forward. In his panic the cultist took a step back as well, pressing the knife up against Avalanche's throat. The white mage became rather nervous himself, unsure whether or not the dagger would do ingame damage or physical damage. The rules of this world seemed to flip every time he got used to them.
"I'm warning you!" the necromancer hissed, taking a step back. The crack of an errant bone made him flinch for a second. Lady Carstein just stayed her distance, with a serene smile on her face.
"This is precious." The ageless woman purred. Both Avalanche and the cultist felt a cold shiver down their spine."Do you really think I care much about his fate?"
"I fucking sav-----" Avalanche wanted to protest.
"Quiet!" hissed the necromancer, unable to take his eyes of the woman in front of him."And you! Stay back!"
Lady Carnstein chuckled."Do you really think you can command me?"

She took a demonstrative step forward. Avalanche saw the blood dripping onto his robe and for a split second he was sure the necromancer had cut his throat. But then he heard the sickening last sputters of the man and the sound of the steel dagger hitting the ground. Avalanche turned around and saw the eerie little daughter of the Carnstein family with her fangs planted firmly in the dark mage's neck.
"Do clean up after diner dear." The woman said in an almost motherly voice to the child.
The child never broke eyecontact with the white mage as she continued to suck the blood from the now very dead necromancer. Avalanche felt like he should say thanks or anything of that nature, but he remained motionless. Terrified of the being in front of him.
When she was finally finished the girl practically skipped towards her mother. Childlike, as if she were an innocent.

"I like him mama. He makes the funniest faces."

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Fedaykin rapidly made his way through the routing horde of cultists, his opponents either scattering out of the way or receiving a roundhouse kick to the face if they didn’t. He somehow doubted that this was what his capoeira teacher had in mind for his training, but it was doing the job just fine. Eventually he made it within calling distance of Avalanche. The white mage’s back was splattered with blood and he was staring with an expression somewhere between gratitude and nameless dread at the two von Carstein ladies before him. At hearing Fed’s voice he turned with a look of almost relief at the arrival of someone who, although also undead, had slightly less chance of eating him. The relief promptly evaporated at seeing Raya’s condition and he dashed over.

“What happened?” asked Avalanche, attempting to stop a note of panic rising in his voice, images of a bloodied dragon’s tail in his mind’s eye.

“I’m not sure,” lied Fed “She was fighting the high priest, I think he must have had a magic weapon or something.”

“Where’s he now?”

“Spread across a wide area.”

“Ah.” Avalanche paused “Wait, how did she get into that situation? I thought you were supposed to be protecting her.”

“I know.”

“You’re a shit bodyguard Fed.”

The lich winced “I know, but we got separated, when I turned round she’d run off to fight the priest.”

“Heroically stupid, right?”

“What?”

“Nevermind.” He turned back to Raya, closed his eyes and held his staff before him. He concentrated, sensing the mana flowing through him, focussing on knitting together the wounds. He felt the strain as the damage resisted being healed; it reminded him of how Ansem’s dark magic had counteracted his own, making it harder to heal. Whatever the source of the wounds it certainly wanted them to be permanent. It was going to take a lot of mana to get her back to metaphorical full HP and he daren’t risk exhausting himself; the fear and helplessness he’d felt during his Trial were still fresh in his mind. Plus she’d probably kick his ass when she woke for ‘wasting’ all his mana on her. He settled on getting her back to functional. Gradually the healing took hold and with a groan Raya’s eyes flickered open.

“Urgh, did you get the number of that bus?”

“What bus?”

“The one that just hit me.”                 

Avalanche chuckled in relief “Next time look both ways before you cross the road.” He helped her sit up “How are you feeling?”

“Like crap. I’ll survive; I’ve had worse hangovers.”

“I somehow doubt that.”

“You obviously haven’t been to the parties I’ve thrown.”

Avalanche laughed despite himself and Raya smiled, pleased to have dissipated some of the worry. She raised a hand to wipe her mouth, feeling peculiarly damp, and it came away smeared red with blood. For a few long seconds she stared at it before slowly turning her gaze upwards to meet Fed’s. His expressionless face said it all.

“You were in a bad way,” he simply stated.

Her gaze dropped and she subconsciously began to tremble when a heavy hand rested on the top of her head. She looked up again to see Fed with a thin smile on his face. There was no warmth in it, but it was a smile nonetheless “But we’re here now. You’re safe.”

He felt her shake under his touch and made to say more when a guttural shriek echoed around the battlefield. They looked up to see the dracolich, now tailless, twisting around in an attempt to bite Requiem, occasionally pawing at its head to dislodge the faun still wedged in place. The thick black sludge was dripping out of the stump like congealed blood, and Requiem’s plan dawned on them.

“It’s a construct, powered by that sludge. If we can take it apart...help me up.” Fed helped Raya to her feet and she winced, leaning heavily on his arm.

“I don’t think you’re in any condition to charge off into battle.”

“I’m fine, just a bit stiff.”

“You’re a bit more than a bit stiff.”

“Says the dead man.”

“Touche,” grinned Avalanche.

“Isn’t this sweet,” purred the Lady von Carstein “Witty banter between the killers and the saviour.”

“Uh, hi,” said Raya cautiously, getting the same feeling of revulsion and horror that Avalanche had initially felt “Lady von Carstein I presume.”

“The very same, and I presume you are part of the rescue party with the white mage?”

“Yes, I’m Raya Kaiserin, these are my companions Avalanche and Fedaykin. Pleased to make your acquaintance.”

“Kaiserin!” exclaimed Lady von Carstein, her face splitting apart in a ghastly smile “Royalty of a different kind.”

“Not exactly, it’s from a video game...never mind, that’s too long to explain.” The dracolich’s bellow bought them back to the more pressing issue “Please excuse us ma’am, we’ve got a dragon to slay. Be right back.”

The three moved to aid Requiem and Lady von Carstein watched them go, a small smile tugging the edges of her lips. The young girl came up beside her and tugged on her mother’ sleeve “They’re a funny lot mama, why are they together? Shouldn’t they be killing each other?”

“Strange needs make strange bedfellows my dear. And besides,” she affectionately stroked her daughter’s hair “Even monsters need companionship, don’t they?”

The girl giggled in childish glee “Are you sure I can’t keep them as pets?”

“Let’s see how well they survive first.”

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Spoiler:
Going back just a wee bit here

The team rushed down and had taken the necromancers by surprise, discombobulating their ritual and sending them into a frenzy. Relmitos held back a bit though, favoring a more tactical approach then letting impulse and chance have a heavy hand in the result of the battle. Being unable to do much more then barely conceal himself, he slinks around the outskirts to get more towards the captive Carsteins. With the rest of the team, mostly Perry, keeping the attention of the necromancers, being sort of hidden proved to be enough to get the job done.

Perry and Avalanche apparently had the same idea as Relmitos did, however, as Perry deposited Avalanche down infront of where the Carsteins were being held against their will before continuing back into the fray himself. Seeing Avalanche begin to try to deduce how to break the barrier, Relmitos turned his attention towards the battle. Things were going about as well as one could hope in battle. Fedaykin had managed his own version of "stealth" by blending in and going after the necromancers, feigning being an undead servent of theirs. Raya and Perry were just slaughtering the enemies whilst bickering amongst themselves jokingly.

That's when he saw it; out of the corner of his eye, Relmitos notices a lone necromancer creeping up behind Avalanche to put an end to the white mage's meddling. Dagger in hand, poised as if to strike when getting into range. Well, that's probably not good and something that shouldn't happen. Let's fix this little problem. Relmitos sneaks towards Avalanche and the necromancer, unfurling his whip and readying it in hand. Just a little closer and he would be in range, when the necromancer stops. He raises his dagger arm, ready to plunge it into Avalanche's back. Muttering a small, quick incantation, his dagger begins to glow a soft sickening purple color, he's ready to strike. Finally within range, Relmitos swings the whip forward. The whip flies forward lightning quick and strikes the necromancer in the hand, wrapping around the blade of the dagger, and with a quick flick of the wrist, Relmitos yanks the dagger out of the necromancer's hand and pulls it back toward him. The necromancer quickly turns to face his assailant and, his face contorting with rage, pulls out a second blade and begins to approach Relmitos, clearly with foul intent. Relmitos, not missing a beat, takes the whip in hand at half length with it still grasping the dagger. He twirls the whip in a few quick loops to loosen it's grip on the dagger, then flings the shortened whip forward. The whip extends to it's full length before reaching the necromancer and unwraps from around the dagger. The dagger, still carrying the full momentum of the whip swing, twirls forward through the air and impales itself right into the necromancer's chest. The necromancer crumples to the floor screaming in pain.

This attracted the attention of a pair of his buddies however. The two, after seeing their fallen comrade, quickly come together and begin a chant. After murmuring their encantation, they slam their palms against the floor and a purple rune appears on the ground infront of them. Pumping magic into it, dark fel flames begin spewing from the rune. The flames slowly get brighter and brighter, finally culminating in a very condensed explosion. With a roar, a large salamander made entirely of the fel flame shoots up out of the fire. Relmitos stares at the salamander with a wide-eyed look on his face. Oh my........that thing is big. And made entirely fire. What do I do against that? The necromancers both lift one arm and shove them forward in Relmitos' direction, and with a loud, piercing shriek, the fire salamander lunges at Relmitos leaving smoke in it's wake. Relmitos quickly throws himself to the floor on the side narrowly avoiding the fast flame serpent, where he notices something. There are some shadows on the ground. The salamander being made of fire is providing ample light to create shadows! Awwww yeah, back in business. Relmitos gets back to his feet and gathers himself, waiting for the salamander to make it's next move. The necromancers begin to swing their controlling arm around, and the salamander begins to spin around in a small circle. As the salamander spins, flames begin to spread from it creating a cyclone of fire. Sending fire into the air in all directions, the salamander once more lunges towards it's prey. Relmitos just stands perfectly still waiting on the salamander to reach him. Just before contact, Relmitos shadowsteps away towards the necromancers. When he reappears, standing with the flaming rune between him and the necromancers, he begins to cover himself in shadow to keep the necromancers from getting an idea of what he's doing. Unfurling his whip, Relmitos smirks to himself.Oh, this is gonna be good Shrouded in shadow Relmitos slings the whip forward wrapping it around both the necromancer's channeling arms. With a really hard pull, Relmitos yanks the necromancers into the fiery rune where they're immediately incinerated. Without the necromancers channeling, the salamander slowly dissipates into nothing-ness, leaving only smoke behind.

The victory was short lived however, as an even bigger roar came from behind. A quick look revealed that the monster we were trying to prevent was spawned anyway. Collecting the whip, Relmitos runs toward the abomination.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:42 pm

„Diese Blutsauger verstehen doch tatsächlich Deutsch...“, Fedaykin muttered, as they ran towards either glorious victory or horrible death. When had his life gone that grimdark? Oh, right, just a couple of weeks ago.

„Just out of curiosity, how good is your armour penetration, guys? Just wondering, since this will be rather important in the next minutes.“ There was a faint hint of desperation in the White Mage's voice, as they got closer to their final destination. „Oh, don't worry, we'll fling you against it until it crumbles beneath your vast intellecet.“ Raya managed a weak smirk, still feeling the weight of exhaustion upon her. Avalanche just grumbled something in response. His usual snark had gone into hiding. “We'll just have to make do with what we have at hand. I'll have a go at its legs, maybe I can make it stumble or something.“ Fedaykin grabbed his daggers, careful not to get crushed by the stampeding bone dragon. „Well, I see Req up there, trying to torch one of its wings, I'll have a go on the other. Avalanche, keep out of its seights and apply healing when needed, this will be a tough rodeo.“ Taking a deep breath, Raya joined into the fray.

„Yeah, sure, great plan, leave me alone to die, will you.“ Roy's mood was as bright as a black hole.

From afar, the struggle had almost something poetic about it, Relmitos mused, like the erruption of a vulcano. He kept running, while the smoke of the now vanished salamanders still followed him like a faint cloak. The elf could see Requiem clinging at the beast's spinal column, using his gauntlet as a blowtorch, while Perry kept hacking away at its neck. The unholy terror was visibly weakened, but it would not go back into the jaws of hell that easily. Relm doubled his pace. His friends needed his help and he was sure, that in the end, he would make the difference. A grin crawled upon his face. Hell, that'll be epic!

„Quite the view up here!“, Raya shouted, as she was hurled around on the Dracolich's back, landing right next to Requiem. The Demi-Wraith showed her a faint smile and then coughed. He was already halfway through the wing's joint, though the smoke and stench of burnt bone and necromantic ooze was almost too breathtaking. Luckily, he had experienced far worse back at the farm, saving him the trouble of seeing his last meal again. „I wish they had some refreshments on this ride too!“ „Oh, I could kill for a cup of tea right now...“

Perry let out a roar. The faun just had narrowly evaded the sharp talons aiming for him. He chopped away at the bone whenever he felt save enough to do so, but he still just felt like a mosquito poking a bear. His presence up there kept most of the dragon's attention away from his brothers in arms, though, and they seemed to be inflicting enough damage. Another chop, another gutwrenching scream. Suddenly, his unwilling mount stopped, which almost succeeded in throwing the Dutchman off. An unearthy hiss rattled through the reanimated fossil. Multiple shadows passed the faun, as the it raised its wings in a particular frightening matter. Something started to glow and pulse beneath him, but he couldn't exactly tell, what it was. The Dracolich's head jerked back, it's jaws wide open. Perry felt his guts turning into a block of ice, as he saw, what it was aiming for. „No....“

The other two passengers on the dragon's back were just as surprised as their friend  a level higher. Req and Raya exchanged glances. „Whatever this is about, I don't like it. At all.“ „I agree. I better get back to cutting, I'm almost through here.“

One man stared into the abyss. He knew, there was no running away. Despite his best efforts, the beast had laid its sights on him. It sensed, that this puny mortal was the anti-thesis of its own existance. It would not let him go. In defiance, Avalanche raised his arms, mimicking his nemesis. If he had to go, he'd go as a badass.

Fedaykin's attempts at destabilazing the beast had just been met with minor success. The bones were just too thick, grown to uphold the weight of a colossus. He was startled by the sudden stop, looking around for an explanation. He saw a single blob of orange in front of the Dracolich and recognized it immediately. “Oh damn...“

„Hey, what did I miss?“ Relmitos stepped outside a wincing Fedaykin's shadow. Instead of an answer, the Zombie just pointed at the lone White Mage. „Uuuuhuuuh... got an idea. You're quite strong, right? I need a boost getting up there.“  Relm pointed through the bones to the beast's skull. “What...“ „Ssshhhh, less talking, more getting me up there. We don't have the time.“ The elf readied his whip, excited about what was to come.  They sprinted into position and the Zombie knelt down. Relmitos jumped on his shoulders, crouching down himself. „Ready? GO!“ Fed gathered all his remaining strength, catapulting both of them into the air, while the thief jumped off himself at the hight of their ascend. His small frame rose above the unharmed wing. The whip cracked in the air, wrapping itself around the center bone. Gracefully, Relmitos glided through the space between the skeletal structures and rose up again, somehow loosening his weapon as he soared upwards. Once more, he took careful aim, his target finally in sight. Another crack, as the tip  hit its target. The whip had firmly wrapped itself around something looking like a cheekbone, right beneath the eye socket.

Perry saw the elf doing his acrobatics and understood his intention. He also knew, that Relmitos was not heavy enough to pull it off. But together, it might be enough... The faun waited for the right moment and then did his very own leap of faith.

Roy had prepared himself for his demise as well as he could, which was basically forcing himself not to do anything emberassing. The pulsating glow was nearing its climax and he knew what was next. No Holy Shield could save him  from that. He scolded himself for not inventing the Holy Bubble. Then, he saw movement. The Dracolich's skull was suddenly jerked to the side the same moment as one of its wings fell off. The deadly volley of poison intended for him passed about a meter above him, impacting harmlessly in a pile of dragon fossils. Losing its balance once and for all, it finally went down in a cloud of dust. The immense head came to a halt just a few steps in front of him, black slime still oozing out of it. As the dust passed him, Avalanche slowly walked towards his nemesis, noticing his friends had survived the crashlanding. He finally came to a halt in front of the giant hole, which would have held one hell of a mean lizard eye, if the summoning would have succeeded. Deep down there, there was still a faint pulse. Avalanche knew, what had to come next, and so did the beast. The Mage leaned closer, whispering his final words to his nightmare. „Just between you and me, I want to tell you a secret... I see dead dragons...“ Then, his eyes turned white. Then, the world.

The fire seared hot and merciless, burning away the very essence of the foul Lich, but left everything else untouched. Once the world had returned from being all white to normal, the group couldn't find any trace of the mighty Dracolich. Instead, they found a man, a familiar one at that too. Curled up on the ground, he lay there shaking, sobbing, shielding himself from the world with his wings...

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:05 pm

What the Fuck am i doing....

I'm making an Ass of myself is what i'm doing...

Why....?

Ansem got back on his feet, with some help of the nearby wall. The last thing he remembered was falling trough the ground, desperately grabbing for something to hold on to, and then...darkness. Now it seems he found himself in a cave, lit by small patches of glowing worms. The strange mist that bothered him on the surface was here as well, dimming the lights and dampening the ground and walls. Looking up, Ansem saw no lights, or the big hole he fell trough in the first place. Thinking about it, the fall felt really long, he would've died if he fell on this cave floor. Shit didn't make any sense, but neither does magic, so best not to think about it too much. Especially if you're stuck in a misty cave.

"Yeahp, you could say that again...or think...yeah, think that again, that's what i meant to say"

Ansem spun around, claw at the ready in the direction the voice came from. He couldn't see anything trough the mist, but he definitely heard footsteps now. He didn't recognize the voice so... Wait...what did he say?

"What...the hell are on about? And who are you?"

As the footsteps where closing in, Ansem could see a shape forming in the mist. Rather tall, slender build, wearing robes and....
Ansem sighed. This was going to suck in multiple ways.
"Aaah fuck, are we really going to do this? I'd really like to avoid it, mostly because it's too cliché...alright?"
But Ansem's plea fell on deaf ears. His own deaf ears, to be exact. The figure stepped trough the mist, into the dimmed light of those conveniently placed insects. Ansem sighed again, louder this time. Like looking in a mirror. A judging, mean, confronting, possibly psychotically or magically induced mirror. Oh goody.

"Hey man, we need to have a talk..."

"Yeah, i guess so...."

Spoiler:
Hey guys, i thought i'd just throw something here, call it a part 1

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 am

Sahrimnir woke up on the ground, unsure of where he was or how he had gotten there. The last thing he remembered was a bright light calling to him.

"Ansem? Quaetam?"

Those two were nowhere to be seen, but he did see another familiar face and immediately rushed forward to hug him.

"Avalanche! I'm so happy to see you!"

"Sah? Where'd you come from?" the white mage asked with a rather confused look on his face. "What happened?"

What did happen? That's a good question.

"I'm not sure..." the paladin replied.

Let's take this one step at a time.

"I got separated from Ansem and Quaetam... Then weird things started happening..."

Right, I'm a horrible person and I have to be punished. Where's my sword?

Would you snap out of it? I'm not sure what happened, but it was probably just a bad dream or something. Stop with the whole punishment-talk!

"I... Oh God, Avalanche! I'm an awful person!" Sahrimnir said while sobbing.

"Huh? What?" Avalanche was still quite confused and wasn't quite sure how to handle this. He glanced to where Raya was standing and mouthed the words "Help me" to her.

The team leader walked up to Sahrimnir and said "Sah! You're not an awful person. You're wonderful. Where is all this coming from? What happened?"

"I... I saw things... people... Spont, TJ, Weldar, that elf-girl at Ashvald's mansion, everyone I've failed to save. Also, every single person I've killed since coming to this world. I even saw people from our world that I've let down or hurt in some way..."

"Whatever you saw, it wasn't real. It was just the island making you see it."

"Maybe it wasn't real, but it was true! Everything they said I did, I did do it! I'm a murderer who can't even protect my friends. I even lost Quaetam and Ansem. I have no idea where they are."

"Sah, calm down. Whatever happened, blaming yourself won't help."

Those words triggered something in Sahrimnir's mind.

Right, we have to find Ansem and Quaetam. Let's not add two more to the list of lives we failed to save.

"Calm, yes I should calm down. I am calm. We have to find Q and Ansem. Did you guys see which direction I came from?"

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:37 pm

With their prized dracolich destroyed and their leader gone the resolve of the remaining necromancers broke. They routed from the ritual site, the last of their undead servants shuffling after them as a rear guard against pursuit. The mist beyond seemed to part before them, as if welcoming them into its embrace, and swiftly closed around their ranks. A fleeting shadow, a snarl, and it was as if they had never existed.

The appearance of Sahrimnir had taken everyone by surprise, even more so by his initial reaction. He was badly shaken, but more mentally injured than physically. So he had escaped the mists, but Quaetam and Ansem were still out there somewhere. Sahrimnir’s initial distress turned into resolve to find them, but his sudden change in demeanour did not convince Raya.

"Calm, yes I should calm down. I am calm. We have to find Q and Ansem. Did you guys see which direction I came from?"

“Sah...”

“We’ve got to find them, I need to find them before-“

Sah.

He looked round. Raya was fixing him a stare somewhere between stern and concerned “Don’t go rushing off. You didn’t come from anywhere, you just materialised here. We have no idea where Q and Ansem are.”

Sahrimnir spun, looking around at the walls of the arena and the carnage that lay around them. He knew she was right; he had absolutely no idea where he’d come from and where the others were. They could be injured, dying, or worse, and he couldn’t help them in the slightest. The hopelessness of it all struck him like a weight and he sank to his knees, his feelings of helplessness too much for him to bear. His friends were lost, in danger, and he could do nothing. He pulled his wings around himself, desperately trying not to break down.

I told you you were a horrible person...

Raya crouched down next to him. With his wings wrapped around him like a giant feathery blanket he was akin to a child just woken up from a nightmare. Perhaps the nightmare comparison wasn’t far from the truth.

“Come on, don’t worry, we’ll find them.”

“This is all my fault!” choked Sahrimnir “I’m a terrible person, I couldn’t save them, I’m not there for them...I’m a murderer, if it wasn’t me they’d-“

“Stop it Sah, stop it right now. Look,” Raya took his hand and held it against hers. His was clean, hers stained with blood. He looked up at her questioningly “That’s not my blood.” He opened his mouth to say something but she cut him off “So don’t you dare say you’re a murderer or a terrible person. You’re the most Lawful Good, the most kind-hearted person out of all of us. You’d go to the ends of the earth for others. I mean look at you, you’re a goddamn mess, but you’re still thinking of your friends instead of yourself! And if you say you’re terrible, then what does that make of the rest of us? So stop putting yourself down; you’re a good person and that’s the end of it.”

Sahrimnir was silent, digesting her words, and finally got back to his feet. He smiled sheepishly “This would probably be the perfect time for a group hug.”

“If you break out a guitar and start singing you’re getting kicked right back into the mist.”

Sahrimnir laughed and it was enough to break the tension. The forumers regrouped, breathing heavily but thrilled by their success. They had taken a battering but had emerged victorious. With the royal family rescued, all they needed now was to find their lost friends, get back to the boats and head to the mainland. The liberation of Mousillon was in their grasp!

It was Relmitos who noticed it first. Something slimy oozed over his foot and he glanced down. The black sludge that had powered the dracolich was sliding from his whip, congealing into a mass that slid over his boot like a fat black slug. He watched, alarmed, as it moved with its own volition, and as he turned to follow its path saw to his horror that the ooze splattered around the arena was on the move. It was forming writhing tendrils that were pulling themselves together, merging into a bubbling black mass beside the shattered corpse. He stared, speechless, as the mass began to pulsate, reaching out his arm and frantically tugging on Avalanche’s sleeve.

“Stop it Relm. Relm, what are you- oh for fuck’s sake.”

Avalanche’s exclamation made everyone suddenly aware of this new development and the victory celebrations were promptly forgotten. Everyone gripped their weapons as the black sludge began to rise, a form emerging from within like a T-1000 from molten metal. It was stunted, squat, the red eyes glowing from within the filth surveying them with an expressionless stare. A limb extended, plunging into the morass of its base, retrieving a globule and slapping it onto its head. The sludge began to run off its body as the creature emerged from its black cocoon, revealing hissing steam, burnished metal and...a top hat.

“Hyvää iltaa jokainen,” said Spontaneous Combustion “So, did I miss anything?”

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:50 pm

The forumers were, for the lack of a better word, completely discombobulated about the turn of events.
"Spont?" Raya whispered. "What the hell. Is that... is that really you?"
The automaton laughed with a metallic voice.
"Yes. I'd have been earlier, but you guys sure took your sweet goddamn time with that."
With a metallic clank and a puff of smoke, Spontaneous Combustion was back in the land of the living. More or less.

The small man of tin, wood and iron stood in front of them, brandishing a darker than black walking cane and wearing a tattered jacket. An oversized top hat was bobbing in its round robotic head, and a batch of red robotic eyes were scanning the group. He let one hand of iron to stroke his metallic moustache... and then his grin faded.
"God. Fucking. Dammit."
"What? What is it?" Fed said. The group was still not sure whether or not to trust Spont - it could still be a final trick by the necromancers. After all, Spont had been decapitated and thrown down a cliff. Who could survive that?
"I'm still a pile of metal, am I."
"Yes."

If it was possible to show rage and anger on an everlasting grin of metal, Spont succeeded with flying colours. With a furious shriek and a groan he started to beat the ground with both hands on his walking cane. The pieces making up his face were glowing like molten metal, and the wooden parts of his short neck were on the verge of burning. Steam was bursting from every seam and crack in his metallic patchwork body.
"IS THIS FUNNY TO YOU?" he screamed at apparently nobody in general. "Ha ha ha ha! LOOK AT HOW I'M LAUGHING HERE."
"Spont, calm do-"
It was no use. Whatever was the thing that Spont was raging at, it was certainly getting an earful.

"I MADE A GODDAMN DEAL WITH YOU!" he shouted at the air. "I said I needed a new body! Not this old pile of scrap! If you think this is some kind of vaguely cool and magically karmic poetic justice bullshit, then guess what? I guess I don't need to uphold my part of the deal either! FUCK. YOU. FUCK YOU!

FUUUUUCK. YOU.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.
"

And then he ran out of breath.

Spont stopped to pant. It was anyone's guess why a robotic being would actually need to breathe, but this was not the time to have a long philosophical discussion about the nature of fantasy world physics. Raya opened her mouth cautiously.
"Spont, calm down! I know you've been through some weird shit lately, and probably have a very good reason to be upset, but this isn't helping at all. You need to take it slowly and explain us something. Maybe we can help?"

... is what she would have said, if most of her words hadn't been buried under one of the two things that abruptly intruded the air out of Spont's mouth. The first thing was a stormy burst of boiling steam.
The second thing was... well...

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. YOOOOOOUUUUUU."

Ringing in everybody's ears, and then silence. Spont fell on his rear and let his cane slam against the floor. He sighed deeply.
"Yeah. Sorry. I might've gone a bit overboard", Spont said suddenly very cheerily. "So how has everyone been?"
"I... I think my ears are still ringing", Sah whimpered quietly.
"Spont", Raya said with a worried tone. "Are you sure you are okay? I mean, we thought you were dead for a while now..."
"What, because I was decapitated?" Spont sputtered with a teethy grin. "Well so I thought, too. But turns out the rules of life and death are... a bit different on my part."
The tin man paused, leaving only silence to fill the chamber's damp air. Spont took his ebony cane from the floor and polished it with the fabric of his jacket.
"I've been waiting for a chance like this for a long time now, guys. When I saw that portal back here opening, I had to jump in. No matter what might come with me from the other side."
"Other side?" Raya asked. "Spont, you're not making a whole lot of sense."
"Oh, yeah. When I 'died', my spirit went somewhere else. Somewhere where time... moved a bit differently. Somewhere beyond the edges of this realm, or some vague bullshit like that."
Spontaneous Combustion poked his hat with the top of his cane. "Oh, and I might have also had a chat with what was basically Satan at some point. That was... weird."

The party's silence agreed with Spont.
Perry's expression went from unbelieving to worried. "Come again?"

"Yeah, don't worry about that", Spont said, laughing nervously and waving a hand of steel. "The important thing is, they sent me back! Not the way they promised, but fuckin' still. If this is the new body they promised " - he jumped up from the stony floor and took a quick spin around - "then at least those fuckers have a sense of humour."

Nobody said a thing. It had been a long time since the party had seen Spontaneous Combustion, but it was painfully obvious that his body of metal and wood wasn't exactly the same. What had been fresh wood of pine had burned almost to a black crisp, and what had been clean metal was now almost as dark as the cane in the little tin man's hand.  In the black shade of the metal there were hundreds, maybe thousands of little red markings.
Letters of a language nobody could read.

The joy and relief of Spont's emergence was overshadowed only by a silent worry that something wasn't quite right.

"So, what have you been up to?" said the golem with a metallic voice and a wide grin. "Don't tell me you've gotten other people killed, that'd be a downer."

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 am

The hallways that TD rushed through were conspicuous only in their emptiness. What TD assumed were the remains of a Dungeon Master’s devious traps were merely rust and rot, and the entire place was completely devoid of zombies, skeletons, or anything of the sort.

I don’t like this, Aurora… He said.

I don’t like this one bit.

From behind him, he heard the sound of footsteps. Snake and Camilla caught up to him, panting slightly.

TD let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding, and continued walking down the hallway. At the end, he could see an iron grate, set into the stone of the earth.

“I think that’s the exit up ahead.” He said, gripping his sword.

Watch Out!

TD’s head whipped around, and he saw a shape coming from a hallway on his left.

“EVERYBODY BACK!” He shouted, and turned to face the shadowy hulk ahead of them.

It was a beast of a zombie. The broken shackle on its left leg seemed to indicate that it was intended as some sort of guard. A massive thing, created from bits and pieces of other bodies, stitched together without care and animated by dark arts, lurched forward towards TD. Behind it, a group of about ten to fifteen zombies shambled out of the corridor. TD turned to face the horde as the shriek echoed off in the distance.

“I don’t have time for this…” TD said, and drew his sword.

“NOW!” He shouted, and opened his mind up to Aurora. A warmth grew in his chest, and turned into a strange heat that extended down his arm and into his blade. The sword flared with a brilliant light, and TD lunged forward, sweeping his sword upward.

LUCEM ENSIS!

He didn’t know why he shouted those words at that moment. All he knew was that it felt… right.

The blade connected, and another brilliant flash lit the hallway. The zombie was bisected, cut in half right down the middle. The edges where the sword had cut through were burning slightly with an odd iridescent light, shimmering and smoldering in the gloom. Charging forward with the momentum from his attack, he cut across the air with another swing of his sword.

LUMEN FULMINA!

The sword tip glowed with a white-hot intensity, and energy arced out from the blade into the nearby zombies. Jumping from one to another like chain lightning, the light flared and faded, leaving behind motes of ash floating gently down in the still air. TD pants for a moment, still in the attack pose, then straightens up and sheaths his sword.

“Come on.” TD said, coldly.

“We’ve got a shrieking beast to find.”

Snake looked at TD’s back as he started to move towards the iron door.

“Wait, hold up, what the fuck was that? Since when could you one-shot a freaky Frankenstein, and then drop a horde of undead?”

TD moved forward and looked at the door.

“Hey, answer me!” Snake protested, and reached out to grab TD’s shoulder.

TD grabbed his arm and whipped around and stared Snake right in the eyes, tightening his grip on Snake’s arm until it began to hurt.

“What the hell, man! That hurts!” Snake responded, trying to break free of TD.

TD glared at him for a moment, then let go and turned to face the door again.

“Don’t touch me.” TD dully responds, looking at the iron grate. The shrieking from above increases in volume, and sounds of fighting can be heard above.

“Camilla. Kick here, and here. Full force.” TD points to two points on the hinges, then steps back as Camilla steps forward. She concentrates for a moment, and kicks forward in a blur of green movement. The door is wrenched off of the metal hinges with a terrible squeal, and TD runs forward through the now open passageway, up the winding stairs ahead of him.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top