Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  Ansem on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Come now my dear Champion...You're no match for Him, nor me, Let alone the Lord...you should just lay there, beside me. Yes, at my feet, just the way I like it. You're going to be a good little champion, aren't you. Oh look, the Princes is crying, how sad. You can't save anyone, you're not strong enough. All you have is a face pretty enough to lie at my feet. Yes....

"NEEE!!!"
With a scream, Ansem woke up, covered in sweat. Another nightmare. He couldn't sleep for 10 minutes or he'd wake up, screaming and covered in sweat. This was no way to recover from a long day of realizations and discoveries. This was pure torture. Ansem got up, and walked around the room. Not much decoration, but it was quite large, a 2 person Bed, and a window. Ansem opened it and took a deep breath. The cold comforted him, told him he was awake, and not in another one of those nightmares. Someone was trying to tell him something, a woman. She was...fake. She wasn't real. This world was real, maybe. But the nightmares are the same as at home. Dreams of being alone, being powerless. Ansem held out his fist and felt the motion of the Taint again. That power was real, and ready to be used. Weird, that a 'champion' was found in him. A scumbag with no morals, only lusts after fast pleasures and now has some Dark Power. Well, Fed was an Undead, so i guess he won the cake. Ansem looked at himself in the mirror. Dark rings under his eyes, showing lack of sleep. His chin was getting a bit stubbly. Gave him a rugged look, that could work. Maybe get himself a facial scar or too and he could pull a total bad ass look off.
Time for a walk. He put on a his pants, but left the shirt. The cold was good. Kept him sane.

He walked around the halls, going down a few stairs, not exploring the castle, just walking. It was too late to see anyone but the occasional guard here and there. They didn't even greet him, like they didn't see him. They probably didn't, he wasn't in their line of sight, or something like that. Everytime Ansem thought he understood the rules of this world, something threw him off. He found a conference room, the one they had gathered. He sat down in his seat, resting his back against the cold wood of his chair. He exhaled loudly, and closed his eyes.
"Can't sleep, champion?"
Ansem looked up, to see Larissa there. The beautiful woman was dressed in a gown that looked like spun silver. Ansem found himself staring, at which Larissa gave him a skeptical look. He quickly recovered, and gave her a sad smile. "Nope, Nightmares."
She sat down next to him, her wings folded behind her back. Ansem wondered, if he pulled a feather out of those, would it hurt?
"I know it must be hard to accept a destiny like this, but look on the bright side, you'll be a hero, and you of all people seemed to like the idea the most. You spoke for all of them when the Princes made her plea, right, champion?"
"Call me Ansem please, Larissa, champion sounds...well it doesn't sound like me, anyway. Don't get me wrong, i like the idea of a destiny, a higher calling and all that, but i'm worried that i'll...well...hold everyone else down. With the exception of Fedaykin maybe."
She looked surprised, but happy at the same time.
"I too believe strongly in the ties of Destiny, but why would you possibly hold everyone down? They all seem to like you, as a friend i mean, ofcourse."
"Yeah, maybe. But they don't know me. Not really. They've never met me...only read what...never mind, you don't get that stuff anyway. Let's change the subject. You and Vandir huh, how'd that happen?"
She blushed for a moment, her red cheeks making her even prettier. Damn that Vandir and his broad shoulders, Damn him!
"Well, it's not official yet, but we plan to get married after the War. Not my idea...his. Do you want to know how we met? It's quite funny, really" She smiled, staring a bit in the distance. Ansem agreed. What the hell, eh? IF he couldn't sleep, he might as well listen to the story of a gorgeous woman.
"Well, It was when i first saw him, i knew. He was riding a horse with his platoon in a forest, doing some silly exercise, I was picking some herbs for a potion. He saw me, and i can still remember the look on his face, amazement. He was so busy with staring at me, he didn't notice a tree branch. He fell of his horse with quite a hit, and to top it off he broke his leg, ahahah!" Her laugh sounded so pure, Ansem was lost for a moment in nirvana, then came crashing down as he remembered Vandir's vice grip on his neck while warning him not to try anything with Her.
"Well, i went over there to see if i could help. He was cursing and shouting at his men to get some help, then he remembered me and turned to me. His eyes widened, his jaw dropped, and all he could say was 'ah....hi....auch....', can you see it? Well, i healed him with the small healing magic i knew, and helped him get to Wyndia. He spent the rest of the week trying to get my attention. Bringing flowers, helping me on my horse, everyting. It was so sweet..." And there she went, lost in the moment. Ansem sighed. Damn that stupid Vandir with his claymore. Ansem stood up. "Say, is there a gym, or a dojo, or something here? To train the body and mind and all that martial arts crap?"
"Uhm, yes. In the dungeons, three floors down, i'll show you. Are you going to train for the rest of the night?"
"Yeah, Better that than to sit on my ass. Maybe i'll fall asleep. You know where to find me then...."
"Well, if you say so...don't overextend yourself, you're needed tomorrow."

Spoiler:
NIGHT-TIMES OVER SUCKERS, WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BACKEY!!

Everyone was rubbing his eyes when they were assembled. Except Fedaykin, who didn't seem to need sleep anymore, and Ansem, who was just standing there, eyes on half past 6. Before them stood a large portion of the Council, a lot of the summoners who summoned the forumers, Larissa and Vandir, and a new face. A Man in a black robe with a brown coat, carrying a large staff with a bludgeon on the end. The king stood up from his seat and spoke.
"My apologies Champions, for this early hour, but we need to make haste now. The black waves are crushing on our defences, and we need to act now. The first we need to do is unify the city states, all of them. This will be no easy task, no one will comply easily. The first one will be Highland, which will prove the easiest, i believe. They need help at their border with Worent, it is under heavy siege. Vandir will accompany you all, as well as Meneon Leah." The man with the staff took a step forward and gave a quick nod. He didn't look very happy. Vandir looked stalwart, like he usually did. Larissa looked worried at the group and Vandir. Vandir took the word, he pointed at the map.
"we'll move quickly, on horseback to the border of Wyndia and Highland. In highland there will be massive mountains which will prove difficult on horseback, so we'll leave them at the Border. Then we travel to the Capital of Highland, Morg'alor, to talk with the Regent there. After that, we'll go to Leknaat, hopefully with a platoon of soldiers from Highland. After that, we'll get the rest of the plans out. Everyone, you have some time to get yourself ready. When you are, report at the outer gates of Wyndia, we'll be there with the horses. Don't be late. or you will be left behind!"

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Requiem was in truth, rather surprised with the fact that he hadn't been killed, or even bothered by anybody for the previous night's incident, although most of the people in the castle were quick to find reasons to leave his presence. He wasn't surprised too much though, after all, he'd killed a man and drained his soul. He'd only managed about an hour's worth of sleep, spending most of the night trying to find out things about what he'd turned into.

Wraith were, as the books stated, spirits of anger that had over time taken a physical form. In the physical form they were harbingers of death, showing up around areas where someone would soon die. After a person died, their spirits would be absorbed into the Wraith, giving them the person's full history, memories, skills, and anything else. Half Wraith, while rare, were not unknown. They were considered more intelligent than normal Wraith, and while their powers were weaker, they still had them.

He was a monster. Well, Half a monster. It didn't matter, there must've been a mistake. Then again, farmer to hero was known to happen in video games. He shook his head, looking over the group for a moment. "Right... Well... I'm gonna head off to the gates" He murmered quietly, lowering his head and walking towards the door. He didn't make it far. "Agh!" He grunted as he fell to the ground. "I'm sorry" He said quickly to the person he'd walked into. Looking up, he realized who it was "Sorry Perry, should've been paying attention to where I was walking" He continued on rapidly, picking himself up off the floor.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Avalanche yawned. He had practiced to heal for the majority of the night, with very little result. And though his body was good as ever, the mental strain of the past day was still very present. He hated being late more than a bad night sleep, and was among the first at the horses.
He realized he’d have to pack light, and only packed his staff, food and cloth he could use for make shift bandages in case his healing spell would fail.

He was mildly surprised to see he was the first one at the gates, and sat down.
”We are really gonna do this aren’t we? he thought to himself. ”I am surprised at how fast I’m adapting…..Maybe we really have the potential to be champions…..does that make sense? And why can’t I even cast a normal heal spell. I really wish—
Avalanche froze up, feeling something sharp pressed against his back. He tried grabbing his staff and roll away, but the person behind him jumped on him and pinned him down. Avalanche trashed around, trying to get loose, before looking up at the face of his assumed captor.
”You’d be dead if I was a dark one.”
“Nice to see you too Petra."

She stood up, letting him go, looking slightly disappointed. ”You really weren’t a fighter in your world….were you?
Avalanche avoided her eyes. ”I haven’t fought in years. So instead, I’ll be the white mage of the champions.”
Petra cocked her head slightly. ”A white mage? I can see the color of your robes yes…. Does that make that other man a black mage?”
“That’s probably a bad example.”

There was a awkward silence between the two, before Avalanche realized something.
”That’s right…I still have you’re dagger. I don’t think I---“
“Please keep it”
Petra said. She balled her hands into frustrated fists. ”I just wish I could help you more………I wish I could.
Avalanche snickered nervously. “Unfair isn’t it? I get send out while the woman who wants to fight has to stay on the sideline.”
“You’re a champion of prophecy.”
She answered strictly.”And I am honored to have brought you here.
“Pretty sure you said different stuff on our way here.”
“Your sounding like Ivan.”

Avalanche laughed, apparently to Petra’s surprise. ”Still, I’m glad you came to see me off.
Petra took her turn to laugh. ”Don’t flatter yourself too much boy. I am told to make sure the horses are ready.”
“Oh.”
“Please, do be careful though.”
she said. ”You may very well be the last hope of our world…..And it’d be a shame to lose the….white mage?”
Avalanche gulped. He disliked it to be reminded of his responsibility, and the fate of a world was no small one.

Petra pointed to the distance. ”Your companions are coming so I’m gonna make sure the horses are ready.”

Last edited by King Avalanche on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : engrish, I has it)

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 am

Raya blearily made her way through the castle’s corridors. It was way too early in the morning. According to her watch it was 6am, but God knows what sort of timezone Wyndia was in. She’d only half-listened to the meeting briefing until her ears pricked up at ‘some time to get ready’. As soon as they were out the room she’d darted off before anyone could corner her with distractions. There was one destination she had in mind- the kitchens.

Savior of the world or not, she was going to have her goddamn breakfast. She might have had a reputation of being nice and friendly, but a cranky low blood sugar level Raya who hadn’t had her morning cup of tea yet would probably be less pleasant to face than the Army.

Upon locating and entering the kitchens she discovered to her annoyance that medieval-style worlds didn’t have toasters. She grabbed a carving fork, impaled a piece of bread on it and plonked herself down in front of the fire. 10 minutes later she had made little progress beyond a sore arm, burnt crusts and increasingly homicidal feelings. Whilst mentally debating whether a rolling pin or a meat tenderizer would cause the most amount of blunt trauma to an unprotected skull she heard the door swing open behind her. TJ entered, looking rather dapper in his new cloak and hat. He nodded to her and began rummaging through the cupboards, obviously on a breakfast mission of his own.

Raya watched him for a moment when an idea occurred to her “Hey, TJ.” She held out her piece of bread “Toast this for me.”

He looked up in surprise “What?”

“You’re a red mage, aren’t you? You must know some fire magic. Toast this.”

“You want me to fireball a piece of bread?”

“Yeah. I’m hungry.”

“...”

“Just toast my goddamn bread already!”

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:37 am

TJ shrugged, toasting bread was just as good for practise as a training dummy. Better in fact, as he had to control the amount of fire. "Uhm... maybe you might want to not be holfing it when I try?" Raya nodded and put the bread on a plate which she set on the table and then backed away from.

TJ focused on the toast and for just a second his vision blurred. When it returned to normal, the bread had moved a good distance away. There also seemed to be some music playing for some reason and a finger floating in the air pointing at the bread.

TJ rolled his eyes. "Look, I know the first enemy tends to be weak, but bread!?! This shouldn't count."

TJ's turn came up second (The bread had declined to attack) He closed his eyes and tried to focus on a fire attack. When he heard some beeping below him he opened his eyes and looked down. Sitting at an odd angle and facing away from him was a long blue board. Looking on the other side TJ saw the ATB system.

Raya, who was standing a good way off could see the whole thing easily, pointed to the option he had unintentionally highlighted. "Look, TJ, if you don't want to do this you can say so. There's no need to run from the bread." she joked.

"I dunno, we've got no idea what his power level is. It could be above 9000!" TJ smirked as he willed the option to move to fire. He turned to face the bread and a few seconds later he threw his hands above hihs head. Flames erupted around the bread dealing it
134. The toast died and disappeared while TJ did a victory dance against his will. His vision blurred again and when it returned all he saw on the plate were scorch marks.

"In retrospect, I should have known that was coming..." TJ said, "But on the bright side, the toast gave me 12 exp and 10 gp. I guess 5 of that's yours."

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:29 pm

As Sahrimnir arrived at the gates, he found Avalanche waiting. He had managed to figure out enough about who was who to be able to determine that the person waiting was, in fact, Avalanche.

"Good morning, Avalanche!"
"Morning, Sah."
"It seems like not everyone is here yet," Sahrimnir pointed out.
"While we're waiting, maybe you could give me a few tips?" Avalanche asked.
"Hm?" Sahrimnir responded.
"You know how to use heal, right?"
"Well, I've managed to heal some people... and discovered I shouldn't try to heal Fed."
"How do you do it?"
"I'm not sure. I just see the wound and think that I want to help somehow."
"Okay," Avalanche mumbled while he seemed to be thinking deeply.
"I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help," Sahrimnir said.
"That's okay. I'll probably get the hang of it sooner or later."
"I'm sure you will," Sahrimnir reassured him.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm

While everyone complained about being woken up at such an early hour, Minby was commenting on how glad he was he got to sleep in. He walked around watching everything that was going on while eating his normal breakfast, an energy bar and peanut butter sandwich. When he saw them readying the horses, Minby finished his breakfast and began to stretch. One of the men preparing the horses saw him, and struck a conversation.
"Still need to wake up, eh champion?" asked the stableboy.
"Always gotta stretch before a run." replied Minby, from a fairly comprimising position.
"Where are you off to? You're not running from us are you?" The boy asked, half-jokingly.
"To the highlands. That's our destination, isn't it?"
The stableboy was shocked. "Surely you can't be expecting to run all the way to the highlands!"
"Of course I do, and please, don't call me Shirley" Minby said, taking advantage of the fact that the people in this world wouldn't know where he was stealing his jokes from.
The Stableboy walked away in amazement, and Minby got up and continued to wait for everyone to be ready.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm

TD woke up to the familiar buzzing of his phone as an alarm. Reaching his arm out, his eyes closed, he tried to grab his phone, which surely was on the bedside table next to him. He reached out, and nearly fell out of bed.
wha-
He opened his eyes and found himself sleeping in a huge bed in the middle of an empty room. The bare stone floor was simple, but strongly made. He rubbed his eyes, and saw that he had fallen asleep with his clothes on. His phone started beeping again, and he reached into his pocket to turn it off. He drew it half way out, then froze, recalling the events of the previous day.
oh god... I really am in the middle of an RPG. That wasn't a dream... and didn't my phone die yesterday?
He takes the phone out, and saw that it had been both fully charged, and upgraded. It now bore an arcane symbol instead of the blackberry logo on the case, and the battery icon had become a thunderbolt pointing down.
TD's eyes went wide, astonished at the changes in his phone. He saw a new icon on the home screen, and tapped it. It was a map screen, with his room labeled and his location signified by a glowing dot. Amazed, TD walked around and watched as the glowing dot moved with him. Then he ran into a wall, not looking where he was going. Rubbing his head, he looked at the phone and saw a whole screen full of new applications, from "inventory" to "Status" to even a quest log. seeing a notification for it, he tapped it. it read
Quest In Progress: Pack up and make it to the gate!
Seeing this, TD quickly gathered his things, paid a visit to the armory one last time and walked outside the castle, blinking in the bright sunlight air.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Weldar awoke early in the morning. He hadn't slept well, mainly due to the fact he wasn't really tired, he'd managed a short nap which seemed to cure a small scratch or two but that was about it. He had been summoned here at the tial end of a long peaceful sleep after all, that's just interdimensional portal lag for you. After a few more futile attempts at sleep he simply opted to take another stroll around the castle.
"BRAAIIIINSS!"
"Whaa- Oh hey Fed"
"Hehehe. Hey Weld. You're not sleeping"
"Nah you know timezones. How about you"
"Eh don't really need it anymore what with being dead and all"
"Oh right, so how's that treating you anyway"

-------
"So you're mostly like a left 4 dead zombie really."
"Yeah I guess, but more dead. And more BRAAIIIINSS"
"Man imagine left 4 dead in a place like this" Weldar's head tilted sideways as he entered a half daydream half though like state imagineing zombies in this castle hall.
"WELCOME BROTHERS!"
He was suddenly jolted back to reality. "What?"
"Oh there were more zombies just before, they disappeared as soon as you started paying attention again."
"Yeah right"
"No seruously."
"Hmmm" Weldar concentrated hard on zombies again and sure enough one did seem to materialize in front of him
"WELCOME BROTHER!"
"Oh shut up" he reached out his hand to touch the zombie but it simply passed clean though. "Aww it's just illusions." But after a moment of silence the disappointment turned to excitment. "Hmmm, illusions. Awesome, I can think of a lot of fun ways to use this. Shall we try some"

------
Sometime later after the meeting and a simple breakfast of untoasted bread Weldar came across Snake wandering one of the hallways.
"Hey check it out Snake I think I've found my special power, NECROMANCY" he boomed dramatically
A group of identical zombies sprung out of the gorund surrounding Snake who reacted quickly by slashing at the things with his butter knife, sliding through them as if they were nothing.
"Wait these things aren't real are they" said Snake
"Nope" said Weldar as the zombies flickered out of existance, or rather all but one behind Snake did. The very much real Fedaykin then proceeded to give him a whack on the back of the head. "Except for that one" he added, the pair of thenm laughing now.
"Oh yeah real funny. Assholes"

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Snake didn't appreciate this joke as much as he should have, but decided to drop it.

"I found out my powers too." He took off a glove, and pointed his finger at Weldar. "I can kill anyone with a touch!" He stepped closer to Weldar, who backed up a bit, nervously. Snake turned around and slapped Fed.

"Uh oh, I guess we will never know if it actually works!" Snake said, where Weldar and himself laughed.

"Assholes" Fed murmured.

"No, but in all seriousness..." Snake said. "Watch this-" And just like that, he had disappeared.

The other two jumped back in surprise, looking around for Snake. He appeared behind Weldar and drew his butter knife.

"Right behind you..."

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:04 pm

The trip to the slaughterhouse had proven fruitfull, as Perry scoured through the castle with a large piece of meat, trying to find a cook or a kitchen, while Feday had wandered off somewhere else muttering stuff in that croaky voice of his. It was soon before he found a fat man standing in a typical apron infront of a door. He asked the man if he could do anything good with the meat he brought and about half an hour later, Perry was sitting on the floor in a hallway with an emptied plate infront of him. He couldn't find a dining hall.

Night was falling, and even though he was more of a nocturnal person, the day had been long and exhausting. He asked one of the generic guards for a place to sleep and followed the directions towards the room. As he walked up the stairs, he could feel his legs getting heavier with every step. His crooked legs started to wobble as he pushed the door open, leaning against it. He undid the shoulder pads and the belts wrapped around his body, letting them fall to the ground with the metal axes clattering around. Fatigue clutched around his legs as the bed lured him in. He saw himself fall forward towards the soft matrass. 'Perhaps now I'll fall back into reality', he muttered while his eyes closed slowly and as soon as he hit the soft bed he was out.

"chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew chew "

Perry opened his eyes, sitting straight up in his bed with his blanket between his teeth. The soft echo of the voice in his head fading away now. He never was much of a dreamer, but he did know they always tended to be weird.
He wanted to check if it had been all a dream, but just from the axes laying at his hooves made that redundant. He noticed he was holding his breath and spitted out the blanket with a deep sigh. This was really going to happen, eh?

He was already putting on his gear when generic guard #4 knocked on the door to fetch him for the meeting. He attached the final axe to his axe-ecoires, and mindlessly followed the guard through the castle halls. Looking through the windows, he could see the sun rising. It appeared to still be early in the morning.
The meeting was uninteresting, but Perry was surprised to see Gwendolyn's face again. The man cloaked in black with a grumpy face was also a surprise and perry snickered slightly. "Calling it now, that guy is going to turn out a bad guy.", he muttered to himself.
The group was disbanded, but perry stayed in the room for a slight while. He approached Gwendolyn with a slight hesitation, but he needed to atleast talk to her once.
"Hey", he said with a shy laugh.
"O hello champion.", Gwendolyn said. "I hope you had a good night sleep?"
"It was quite strange, actually. Normally you wake up having dreamt all of this.", He said with a slight worry in his voice. "Hey, listen. I wanted to thank you for yester-"
"O hello champion. I hope you had a good night sleep?", Gwendolyn repeated.
"W-what?", Perry stumbled. "Are you alright?"
"O hello champion. I hope you-"
Perry remained silent as Gwendolyn droned up the same sentence again. He didn't know what to think. What to feel. She had seemed so real yesterday, the only thing he could've hold on to while they ran for their lives. He could still see the emotions on her face, yet all she could do was robotically drone up a response. He swallowed and felt his stomach getting heavier.
Standing there for a good minute or two, Gwendolyn stared back at him with eyes that looked so real.
He sighed, having to accept yet another happening that would've been impossible just a day or two ago. He turned around and walked away.
Pausing for a second, he turned around.
"If you ever go off NPC-mode. Just know that I am thankful for meeting you yesterday. I wouldn't have known what I would've done otherwise.", he said. For a second he thought he could see a smile on the NPCs face.
"And the name is Perry. I told you to not call me champion.", he said as he walked away and out of the meeting room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perry wasn't one for breakfast, really. So he split away from the group that went for the kitchen and went straight for the gates. He spotted Avalanche and Sah already waiting for the rest of the group, and he raised his hand in a greeting... Before he saw the stable personell ready the horses.
He dashed as hard as he could towards them, and immediately jumped on one of the saddled horses.
"I don't care what you all say. I don't know how for that Highland is, and I'm certainly not going to run it again. Goat legs or not."

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 am

"hey, if you three are done with your antics, can we get to the gates? The rest is probably waiting, cmon!"
Ansem walked into the hallway where Snake, Weldar and Fed were trying out powers. They seemed useful enough, and they had their equipment. They started to look like a real group, ready for adventure, it was quite exiting. Too bad Ansem looked like he hadn't slept in weeks, he had trained till morning light, Larissa had to pick him up.
"Come on you guys, i wanna talk to all of you, there's something we need to discuss."
The three stooges shrugged and followed, they had to go to the gates anyway.

At the gates, the party assembled. Everyone was looking brighter than at the meeting, breakfast and a good walk in the sunshine did a lot for your sense of humor. Even Ansem was looking better now, good enough to sit on a horse pretty darn well, like he'd done it before.
"Hey guys, before we take off and Vandir will take over, there's something i thought of. We need a Leader, someone who makes the tough decisions we're going to face. Someone who we can all trust and knows what the fuck they're doing. I nominate Raya, the mother hen figure of the forums as Leader!"

At the same time, Meneon and Vandir arrived at the gates, with Larissa and oddly enough, the Princess. While Meneon went to get their horses, Larissa whispered something in Vandir's ears, which made the Princess blush. Ansem could only imagine the wonders Vandir would meet after this was over. But Ansem wouldn't be outdone by a soldier boy, no way!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 am

Requiem listened to Ansem and shrugged "Sure, why not?" He said tiredly, beside his horse instead of on it. He hadn't ridden a horse in a few years, and was rather nervous about whether or not he could actually manage to not fall off. After a few moments of indecision, he decided that there was no way he was going to walk to the Highlands, and that now was as good a time as any to get used to riding again. As soon as he had decided to actually ride the horse, he felt his body seemingly move on it's own, and he sat comfortably on the animal. Well, that was interesting, looks like some things are going to work themselves out for me

He looked over to the others and nodded, deciding that perhaps things wouldn't be too bad after all. Sure, he didn't know anybody really, but he didn't know anybody in 'reality' so it sort of evened out. All he could do was try to prove that he could be valuable, and... well, try not to kill anybody else.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:05 am

"I agree," Sahrimnir said. "My vote also goes to Raya. I am sure she'll do a great job as our leader."

After he had said those words, he decided to see if he could figure out how to ride a horse.

Well, it doesn't look that hard... I just have to climb up and... Oh, who am I kidding... I am going to fall down and hurt myself... Well, I have to try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

As Sahrimnir climbed up the horse and sat up on the horse's back, he thought to himself: Well, that part was easier than expected...

Then he happened to look down.

Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap. It's a long way down. It's a long way down. It's a long way down. I'm going to fall. I'm going to fall. I'm going to fall... No. It will be fine. I just have to sit here and be steady. I can do that... I hope.

He managed to avoid falling down from a still horse. Now he just had to wait and see if he could avoid falling down from a moving horse.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Fed concentrated hard, but he could not find a good response to Snake's bitchslap. His mind was still racing, when Ansem interrupted them. With a sigh, the Zombie admitted defeat and followed the dutch. There was something curious about his aura, like a shade of grey beyond the orange glow. Strange... but not that important at the moment. There was something he needed to get before the journey begins. Fedaykin instructed a nearby guard to go to his room and fetch a certain bag, containing the most important treasure in his possession: Nyall's studies.

The Zombie had spent most of the time reading through the notes of the late Necromancer, his very first victim. Murderer. This simple word with its grave implications haunted his restless mind, as more and more people retired to their rooms, leaving him alone and bare of distractions... He had killed. To make it even worse, he has violated that poor guy in a most gruesome way. The scene, where he jumped at hims... Nyall looped in front of his eyes, switching to his own point of view, when he regained consciousness. High Octane Nightmare Fuel, indeed. True, he hadn't been aware of his actions, but that didn't make it any easier. A life was lost because of him.

His condition puzzled himself greatly as well. There was no doubt left, his body was dead as it could be. Still, there was something resembling life in him. His senses seemed to work they way they used to, though his vision had been altered. A faint orange aura envelopes everything alive. As soon as it is dead, it vanishes, leaving no trace. Surprisingly, this doesn't work with mirror images. But the most bizarre feeling was definately the lack of metabolism in general. No hearing or feeling your heartbeat is more startling then you would imagine. The rason for breathing was not that it is necessary, but that Fed was so used to it. And there was this strange hunger, that was always lingering, demanding satisfaction, always wanting more...

At this point, the Undead had snapped back into focus, reading the book in front of him with renewed vigor. Some trails of thought are best not pursued. Also, when he wasn't focused, the memories of Nyall crawled into his mind, making him relive short episodes of the Necromancer's life. He could remember writing these essays he had been reading or moving into this room. It had costed Fedaykin more and more strength, to keep those memories at bay, trying to find a way to keep them locked in the far fringes of his mind... or perhaps get rid of them.

... Fed found his way back to the present, where Ansem proposed, that Raya should be made leader of the pack. This was a choice he could live... agree on. He nodded under his hood, she was a clever woman and showed some leadership skills. If she got the job, he'd have to have a little chat with her in private regarding his condition and the effects it could have on the group. As he jumped on his pitchblack horse(which seemed to have nerves of steel, not minding the braineater on its back), his bag at hand, he felt some kind of enthusiasm rising. He was eager to see, how the events would unfold.

Last edited by Fedaykin on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Avalanche reflected on Sahrimnir’s advise, if you could even call it that. It was more a description of his experience, and less a instruction of how he could learn it. He saw a wound and wanted to help? No matter how much he concentrated on the wounds he saw at the medical station he failed miserably. Granted, he didn’t care much for them, but is caring for the victim such a big deal? He doubted it. He must be missing something……

He proceeded to successfully climb upon the horse….Clumsily and after several failed attempts, but he managed nonetheless. He held the reins nervously, but felt he was sitting pretty steady. As long as they didn’t have to go to fast, he’d probably be able to hold on.
More and more people were gathering around. Perry jumped on a horse, which was a odd sight given his own body. Weldar, Feday, Snake and Ansem arrived together, Ansem suggesting they’d pick a leader, and within moments, most votes seemed to go to Raya.

”Uhm…..if I may? Avalanche said, failing to hide his accent. ”We are quite……large a group for one person to babysit. I agree with Raya, being probably most responsible and one of the oldest in our world.....But I do think she’ll need help of one or two people…..”
People kept looking at him, though he realized he hadn’t really thought it trough enough to give suggestions.
”Probably…..Weldar or something. With him being a mod too and all he must have sóme responsibility…...I think.....I hope...… Or Feday, being the oldest of us………I don’t know, I’m may just be assuming, but I think Raya will get pretty stressed pretty fast if she has to keep us all in check.

Avalanche decided to go quiet after that, his horse apparently reacting on his feelings as it stepped back.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:48 am

Spont was sitting on a horse like all the other champions. The difference was that the others didn't need a set of ladders to climb onto their steeds. Now Spont was holding onto his ride the best he could to avoid falling. This tiny robotic being had already fallen off once and dislocated a little mechanic eyeball in the process. Luckily said eyeballs turned out to be easy to reattach, but Spont didn't exactly enjoy his new body.

Spont scanned his arms with his camera-like eyes. Tin, wood and iron. Why the hell had some ancient god of legends turned him into tin, wood and iron? If this stereotypic video game fantasy world had robotics, why couldn't it turn him into a big badass metal dinosaur?
At least Spont loved his new hat. He was not exactly sure how an entire set of ladders could fit inside a relatively small top hat, but this wasn't exactly the most bizarre thing he had seen happen in the last few days. It was probably weirder to meet a whole gang of people Spont had only talked to online before. It was probably even weirder that Fed was a zombie and Perry some kind of a freakish goat.

But why the fuck was I turned into tin and iron, Spont pondered. As a child he had always wanted to fight evil in a magical video game land. A month ago he had by society's standards turned into an adult. Now he had responsibilities. He would have to go to the army to learn how to show those evil Russkies who's the bitch. He would have to pay bills and find a job for the summer and finish that goddamn driver's license. He would finally have to come up with some kind of an answer to the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?".
Spont sighed and a burst of steam flowed out of his little mouth. He didn't know what he wanted to be. When a family relative had asked him this question twelve years ago, Spont had come up with a lot of answers. Astronaut. Ninja. Ninja astronaut. Batman. Dinosaur. Robot.
The most depressing thing was the fact that now that even when one of those childhood dreams had come true, Spont wasn't excited. He wasn't mentally ready for adulthood, but he didn't exactly feel like a child. He, like a lot of people in his age group, just was. Somewhere in the middle.

Spont decided to stop thinking about depressing things. He was luckily never very good at brooding for he kept getting distracted by other things.
A good distraction, for example, was that he'd just been turned into a robot and transported into a fantasy world with TWBB forumers.

Spont took a look at his cane. It was a stylish cane and he liked it, but it wasn't exactly the best weapon in the group. The other champions had gained axes, knives and swords. Spont had a cane. The small robotic being waved its cane around carefully, trying to handle it like a sword. He decided not to go all out on it in fear of hitting the horse.
Nope, Spont thought, poking his top hat with the cane. This is not a weapon.

Then something clicked inside Spont's mind. He had already seen magic used by Sahr and Avalanche. What if he himself was also a magician of some sort? The top hat, jacket and cane certainly made him look like one.
Spont tightened his grip of the cane. He grabbed his top hat and brought it in front of his face. He waved the cane softly around the hat's brim and tried to think of something.
"Hocus pocus", Spont said silently.
Nothing happened.

"...", Spont said.
Nothing happened.

"Abra Kadabra" didn't help. "Alakazam", had very little effect. "Expelliarmus", "Mellon" and "Ryan Seacrest" caused something to light up inside the hat, which gave Spont a flash of hope, but nothing happened after that. A look of defeat and anger appeared on Spont's face. Bursts of steam were rushing out the robot's head while its grip on the cane tightened.
Spont hit his top hat with his cane in a burst of rage. He raised his head to the sky and screamed angrily.
"PERKELE!"

Something flashed.

Spont was not exactly sure what happened after that. Something came out of his top hat and it was certainly in a hurry.
A terrible mass of crimson, black and white burst out of the hat and roared ferociously. It had eyes to spare, whipped its horrible tentacles all around its body and its roars came out of multiple mouths. Said mouths had teeth which could perhaps have used a visit to the dentist.
The red being grew and grew, but its "root" stayed inside the top hat. Soon a giant pair of horns could be recognised in the mess of crimson, but there wasn't a head for them to be found. The horrifying being also seemed to have multiple sets of batlike wings, but they were too small to lift it's body.

Spont's expression was frozen. This would have been a perfect time to urinate in fear and scream like a little girl. The robotic magician took a hard grip of his cane and started poking the red being in hope of getting it back into the hat.
Spont had once opened a toilet with a suction cup. This couldn't be much harder.

The other former TWBB forum members had stopped their discussions and were staring at the red being without even blinking.
"Spont", Avalanche said emotionlessly. "What."

"Uh, yes?" Spont said hurriedly, glancing a bit at the others. "Yeah yeah, I agree, Raya and Weldar for...leaders or something...because...err, they're mods, yes!"

"No. What. What the hell is that thing?"

Spont was silent for a while. He scanned the horrific demon with his multiple camera eyes for a while and stuffed it back into the hat as hard as he could. The beast growled disapprovingly.
"This thing? Perkele, apparently."

"...can you...uh...put it back?"

"...in a minute."

At that moment Spont decided to decrease his swearing.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Raya warily eyed the horse she'd been given, trying to work out how on earth she was going to get on top of the ruddy great thing. She'd never ridden a horse in her life, and the donkeys on Blackpool beach didn't count. The horse itself wasn't offering any help, seemingly being content with occasionally flicking its ear. Perhaps, along with fighting skills, they had gained the basic knowledge of not falling off a horse. Well, she hoped so, otherwise this was going to be a very uncomfortable and undignified journey.

Her ears pricked up at the sound of her name as Ansem put forward the notion of her being the group's leader. There were murmurs of agreement when Avalanche raised his voice.

"We are quite…large a group for one person to babysit. I agree with Raya, being probably most responsible and one of the oldest in our world...But I do think she’ll need help of one or two people…Probably..Weldar or something. With him being a mod too and all he must have some responsibility...I think...I hope...Or Feday, being the oldest of us…I don’t know, I’m may just be assuming, but I think Raya will get pretty stressed pretty fast if she has to keep us all in check."

"Stressed?" she laughed "Avalanche, I've been running on stress for so long if I ever relax my heart will probably stop. And you bloody cheek, I'm not that old! Besides, I'm happy with being the leader, and quite frankly I'm honoured that you all have such faith in me. I'll see us through to the end, trust me. Besides, who knows what stupid things you'd all do without me to look after you."

At that very moment a large and rather annoyed thing-that-should-not-be erupted from Spont's hat. Amidst much swearing and cane-whacking Spont attempted to force it back into whatever bizarre portal to the netherworld existed in his headgear. Avalanche leaned over to her.

"You were saying?"

"Good point...perhaps we'd better have a second in command. It's going to take more than one modstick to stop you lot killing yourselves."

As Spont attempted to get his thrashing hat securely back onto his head Vandir loudly cleared his throat, swinging his horse around and addressing the forumers "It should take us a few hours to reach the foothills that border Highland. Meneon has arranged a meeting with some of the Highland troops just beyond that, in the mountains. They'll escort you to the battlefields. We'll part ways there. But until then," he nodded at Meneon "We'll look after you. Our good friend here is renowned for his earth magic, and you know you can trust my blade. We'll see you there safely. Provided," he shot Spont a look "You keep things under control."

"Perke- I mean, dammit."

As everyone mounted up, Meneon securing his saddlebags and Vandir sharing a lingering farewell kiss with Larissa, Raya glanced round at the rest of the party. They were all her responsibility now. From the sounds of it it was a dangerous world out there. There was a very real chance they could get seriously hurt out there, or even killed. But it wasn't just that. They were stranded God-knows how far from their homes and loved ones. Even if they pulled through, was there a chance they could ever go home again? Sure, it was a merry adventure now, but sooner or later the storm clouds would gather and there would be many dark times ahead. Would they ever be up to this task? But no, she wouldn't let them falter. Even if she herself wanted to just lie down and die in the dirt she'd drag them on. She'd protect them all and see them home again. It was her duty now. And she wouldn't fail.

The courtyard gates swung open and the long road ahead stretched out before them. As the golden dawn rose above their destination, the party of heroes trotted out, ready to face whatever lay ahead.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:51 pm

the horses took off, and Snake looked around at everyone riding their saddle. Spont seemed to be barely hanging on, while Ansem held on with one hand, while waving his hair in the wind.

"You know..." snake piped up, as everyone turned their heads to look at him. "I find it kind of funny that we can all ride magical horses now. Actually, I find it funny we can all ride magical horses and not have to look where we are going. I have a weird feeling this is going to be a lot easier than we think it is. I mean, we have magic weapons, Magic powers, I mean, shit, I can do this!"

In the blink of an eye he had vanished again. His horse didn't seem to notice, but the one behind him faltered for a second, throwing Td around for a second. Snake appeared again.

"I wont be surprised if we get to the final boos, and all we have to do if throw a bomb in it's mouth or something. Ya know?"

Raya spoke for the group, "Well Snake, that may be the case. But we should very well be prepared for anything, yea?"

"...Yea"

Something wasn't right. Why the hell did this all happen, anyway? Wasn't the evil supposed to be sealed the first time or something? Who was there to save the day last time anyway, and why did they not just kill the thing? And the most puzzling question of all... Are we the first real life people to be dragged into this world?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:04 pm

"Speak for yourself about the horses, Snake." Said Minby, running alongside. "But bloody hell is this running easy." And Minby wasn't even showing off, for once. He seriously barely felt his legs as they effortlessly ran with the horses. "Shut up, man." Added TD "We get it, you can run." "Ahw, it looks like someone's on their male period" Quipped Minby "Shall I get the butter?" He said, swerving away, so that TD wouldn't be able to reach him.
As he looked back, though, at TD, he hit a rock and fell. He kept rolling because of him momentum, and got back up, with ease, and continued running. "Wha-? Hu-? Ch-? Da-? GHWAH!?!" Exclaimed Minby, not knowing what the hell he just did."How did, what did, when did, Ah forget it." Said Minby, accepting that this world made no sense.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 am

Perry sat on the horse with seemingly little effort, as the rest of the group gathered. It seemed to go naturally enough, though when he witnessed the others struggle to get on theirs, he pondered a bit. He hadn't really thought about it before he jumped on the animal, but wasn't horseriding supposed to be something you had to learn. He had only ridden one once before, so why was he so stable now?
He looked at his legs, and saw the bulky fur-coated limbs wrap around the horse's torso tightly, having a good grip.
"ah, the answer to everything aren't you?", he said to his legs as he prodded them with his finger. They really didn't feel like they were his own, even though he felt his own prodding.

The rest of the group gathered, and sooner or later, everyone was provided with a horse. Except Minby, who seemed determined on running along side the horses.
Perry scoffed, and laughed to himself. He had run next to the horses on the way over here, and as easily as it went, he'd much rather been on them. These horses seemed to know exactly where to go and how to run, as if there was some sort of GPS system inserted in their brains. When running you'd have to look out for every stick, tree or rock yourself.

Ansem was the first to throw up the subject. A leader for the group. Personally, Perry never liked the whole leader-follower situation, and he wanted to vote against it. They were all inexperienced in this world afterall. No one would know better than the other what to do. Listening to one might make things easier, but the easier way didn't ensure the best way... But before he was able to, the majority already started humming in agreement. And who was he to press his will onto the group, that already seemed to be okay with the idea. He hummed slightly, as he leaned forward onto his horse. If no one was going to ask his opinion, he'd just roll with it.
Raya also agreed with the responsibility being laid on her, so it seemed like it wouldn't be such a bad decision after all. If everything went from bad to worse, which he doubted, perry could always get after everyone's asses like he always did anyway.
As he watched raya, he saw a sign of concern form on her face and he felt kinda bad for her. The entire group was putting their fates in her hands, more or less. He wanted to go over her and say he'd be there if she needed help. They were all semi-adults anyhow. But before he could, he saw the expression on her face shift to a determined and strongwilled one. He smiled slightly and figured he could just let her be then.

Vandir got on his horse, and so did the grumpy evil looking dude that Perry didn't trust. 'Earth magic huh?...', thought trying to find something to confirm his suspiscions in that...' Well, i guess thats okay', he sighed when he couldn't think of anything particulary evil about earth magic. The guy just seemed like a scumbag to him.
The ports opened and the horses set off, lining up almost programmed-like and walking in the same direction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group strotted onwards, with Minby keeping up nice and easily. Last of the group was Perry's horse, whoes rider seemed to have turned around on the horse, since it kept following the croup anyway. Perry laid on the back of the horse, slowly growing bored of the rocking. He decided he wanted to talk to someone.
He turned around, so he could see infront of the horse, and sounded a loud "HIYAAH!", to get the horse to catch up with the group.
Slowly he pulled up next to avalanche, who seemed to be muttering in himself.
"battlefield? he said battlefield didn't he? why did he say battlefield? are we going to a battlefield? I dont wanna go to a battlefield!?"
"Hey roy", Perry said with a smug expression on his face. "I think he said we're going to a battlefield."
Avalanche looked up with a slightly panicked expression on his face, untill he saw Perry laying on his back while his horse walked on.
"Eh.....", he brought up hesitantly, as he wanted to ask why he was sat like that, but he decided not to bother. "Goddammit, Perry.", he sighed.
Perry laughed. "You know, I don't think they're actually going to throw us into any battle."
"At the meeting they said we need to ally ourselves with all the different nations, so we can stand united against these... "Nameless"
"It's as snake said, so far things have been relatively easy. And with all these changes we've undergone, I doubt we'd run into much trouble."
, Perry said, trying to be comforting.
"But battlefields have battles. Battles have fighting, fighting is painfull, painfull is wounds and wounds are death!", Avalanche ranted, still in panic mode.
"Besides! Don't you ever play an RPG. These Ally missions always end up in the ally having some huge issue you have to help them in first!"

..."good point."
, Perry said as he started to get worried himself now. What could be happening in Highland right now?

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:06 am

Avalanche was surprised at how well he managed to hold onto the horse, as they rode through the fields of Wyndia. It actually felt quite relaxing, as he grew accustomed to the world and its strange rules. Even Spont being a robot somehow grew on him. As was stated, they were on a quest to built the alliance of other nations, and that shouldn’t be too hard.
Just look at Dragon Age……..where all your initial allies get killed and every other ally had a incredible problem…Or Fire Emblem……..where all early potential ally tends to get killed or betraying you…
Avalanche gulped.

"It should take us a few hours to reach the foothills that border Highland.” The man called Vandir said. “Meneon has arranged a meeting with some of the Highland troops just beyond that, in the mountains. They'll escort you to the battlefields. We'll part ways there.”

Avalanche froze up. ”Battlefield?” he muttered. “He said battlefield didn't he? why did he say battlefield? are we going to a battlefield? I don’t wanna go to a battlefield!?"
“Hey Roy”
Perry’s smug voice said behind him. “I think he said we are going to a battlefield.”
Avalanche turns around, wanting to say something, but stopped with the realization Perry was laying on his back on his horse. He would have asked why he would do such a thing, but realized it would be pointless.”………………………..goddamnit Perry.”
Perry laughed. "You know, I don't think they're actually going to throw us into any battle. At the meeting they said we need to ally ourselves with all the different nations, so we can stand united against these... "Nameless. It's as snake said, so far things have been relatively easy. And with all these changes we've undergone, I doubt we'd run into much trouble.", Perry said, trying to be comforting.
Avalanche sighed, his mind still in panic.”But battlefields have battles. Battles have fighting, fighting is painfull, painfull is wounds and wounds are death! Besides! Don't you ever play an RPG. These Ally missions always end up in the ally having some huge issue you have to help them in first!"
“……….good point.”
Perry said now visibly getting worried himself.

Avalanche observed the man called Vandir.“By adventure game logic, this man must be the Duncan type…..” He thought to himself. “He looks like the type who prefers a heroic death……”.
His eyes wandered to the sorcerer he took with him.”He however……..he looks more like the backstabby type…….I’m not forgetting that Duncan trusted Loghain as well…..
Avalanche held his staff and observed it.”I better master heal soon, or I’ll really be keeping us back……
Avalanche looked at the dagger Petra gave him. He put the staff on his back, and carefully unsheathed the dagger to observe the sharp blade.”The first time I managed to heal, I was in pain myself……
He tried to imagine to cold steel of the dagger slicing his skin and shivered, quickly sheathing it again.””Bad idea……Real bad idea……..

Avalanche held the reins a little more relaxed, keeping a close eye on Vandir and the sorcerer Meneon, and being mildly amused by the mental image of Minby starting to QWOP.

In the distance, Avalanche could see the mountains, and he held his staff resolute.”When the time comes….I must be able to help them.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:47 am

Requiem rode in relative silence. Every once in a while, he would open his mouth to say something, and then suddenly close it again. What could he say to the others? It didn't particularly matter, he didn't know any of them, and honestly, they were all in another world, taking on some unknown force, probably just as lost and confused as he was. Even if that was the case though, they all hid it better than he did.

Pulling out his deck of cards, he looked towards the hills and smiled. Perhaps this would be a chance to lose the old him, become someone new. Still, he felt out of place with the others. His smile faded as he turned to face them all. Such a tight knit group, even in these times. Shaking his head, Requiem turned his attention back to the hills. It wouldn't do to make a fool of himself by talking now. No. For now he would simply have to be the silent one.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:54 am

Ansem looked up to the mountain ridges. With every step the horses took they came closer, if only just a little bit. Every step was a step closer to that 'battlefield'. This was frightening, and exciting at the same time. He could test his new power out, either his combat prowess or the Taint thing. He was sure he could use it in combat, he had to. If he could just master his powers, he could figure out how they worked, make them stronger, and protect everyone. He was supposed to be the expert here, he was the LARP-er, riding horses in robes and fighting nameless enemies was second nature to him damnit! He'd protect them, save the rest, and make sure he'd meet a bunch of hot chicks on the way! Elves! Yeah, Elves! Ansem would just 'suggest' they go to the elven land, whatever it was called, and then he'd go on a spree. Fuck yeah son!

Ansem looked around. Avalanche was acting up, Perry was being, well, Perry. The rest grew quiet. What to do....
"I said you're such a sweet young thing, ah why'd you do this to yourself. She looked at me, and this is what she said: Ah no there aint no rest for the wicked. Money don't grow on trees. I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, there ain't nothing in this world for free. I can't slow down, i can't hold back, tho you know, i wish i could. Oh no there aint no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good. Ah fuck, what i'd do for a guitar right now, you know?"

Meneon turned around and gave Ansem a quick glance. "Please champion. This is no time for singing. Save it for the court at Morgalor, alight?"
"Woah dude, chill. Fine, i won't sing, i didn't know that was illegal here. Weak. So, you're an earth mage, right?"
"Thats right Champion, an Expert on the aspect Leylines, i'll have you know."
Vandir rolled his eyes and sighed. "Here we go again..."
Ansem raised his eyebrows. "Aspect Leylines? Could you explain?"
Meneon eyed Vandir for a second, then turned to Ansem.

"Every element has 2 Aspects to it. You have Earth: Leylines and Protection, Air: The weather and Illusion, Fire: Destruction and Chaos and Water: Mystic and Ice. When you study your element, you have the option of specializing in one of those, or the combination of the two. Each aspect has, their own advantages, apart from the advantages the element itself has. For example. A fire mage is capable of great devastation, but if he specializes into Destruction, he'd be able to cause more devastation then if he would specialize in Chaos. Now, i specialized in Leylines, ritualistic circles, cartwheel of Power stuff, all that."
Ansem took it all in, and tried to remember it. It was a lot of information though, but this could prove useful.
"Say, Meneon. Is there a Magic with the Aspect Taint, or Chains or something?"
Meneon thought deeply for a moment, then answered.
"Well, the manipulation of the Taints on souls, your own and those around you is a form of Necromancy, Unholy Undead magics. Chains are associated with captivity, which is what undeads are. So i would guess they have to do with Necromancy. Why do you ask?"
"No reason, i read a book."
Meneon didn't look convinced, but he decided to drop it and concentrate on the road.

Necromancy. Fuck. Controlling undead. Manipulating taints on souls. Did that mean the black stuff in my eyes and hands was my own taint? My sins? That's weirdly awesome, and also fucking frightening...But whatever. It doesn't matter what my power is, i'll just kick ass oldschool. Fuck yeah.
"So, how long till the border?"
Vandir turned to the group and smiled. "Not long now, better stretch your legs, we'll be walking soon. Except you, minby was it? Yeah, you just...keep doing that."

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:37 pm

As the hours went by the rolling plains of Wyndia began to rise beneath the members' feet, gradually growing into foothills and finally into mountains. Off in the distance could be seen the towering snow-capped peaks that marked the heart of Highland. Signs of civilisation slowly petered out until all that was left was the dirt track winding its way ever onwards. Eventually the party were forced to abandon their horses, leaving them tethered to a stunted willow for Vandir and Meneon's return. The rocky path wove its way deeper into the mountains until soon they had a sheer cliff face on one side and a yawning chasm on the other. The bottom seemed disturbingly far away. Sahrimnir in particular was looking very uncomfortable, practically hugging the rock wall in a desperate attempt to not look down.

Avalanche had been largely silent for most of the journey, lost in thought. Finally he resolved himself and jogged to the front of the group, joining their guide.

"Say, Vandir? Can I ask you about this...battlefield we're going to?"

Vandir grinned at him "Are you nervous?"

"Me? No, of course not, I'm just..." he trailed off "Well...maybe a little. Fighting wars isn't exactly something I'm used to."

"It's something you'll never get used to. A veteran soldier isn't one because he's unaffected by war, he's one because he can conquer his fear and keep his nerve. The best thing to do is to stay focused. Keep in mind what you're fighting for. The one thing that you'd do anything to protect. Focus on that and no horror in the world will break you."

Avalanche was silent. Vandir chose to interpret that as nervousness.

"You'll be fine. And I'm not just saying that because you're Champions. The warriors of Worent may be fierce and proud, the paladins of Leknaat steely and resolute, but nothing compares to the soldiers of Highland. They'd rather give their lives than an inch. You'll be in safe hands." He grinned and nudged him with his elbow "And, just between you and me, the dwarves brew the best beer on the entire continent. When we get there we'll crack open a few kegs and-"

An arrow thudded into his shoulder, cutting him off and sending him sprawling with a scream. On the path ahead emerged five men, two armed with halberds and the other three with bows, arrows notched and ready to fire. All were dressed in featureless black armour, their eyes blank and devoid of emotion. TJ was the first to recognise the attackers.

"It's the Army! They've found us!"

A clatter from behind made them spin; their retreat was now cut off by a further five soldiers, all with halberds brandished menacingly at the party. Armed fighters ahead and behind, their only unobstructed exit a bottomless chasm to their left- they'd been ambushed quite, quite perfectly.

Vandir struggled to his feet, gripping the arrow's shaft and wrenching it out his shoulder. He brushed off Avalanche's attempts to help, practically forcing the youth behind him and drew his sword.

"Shit...Meneon, you handle the guys at the back, I'll take on these. We need to protect the-" he was cut off as his companion breezed past him "Meneon?"

The mage walked calmly up to the soldiers, whirling to face the party. "This is the end of the road, my friend. Hand over the Champions."

"Totally called it," whispered Perry to Fedaykin.

"What?" A look of genuine shock crossed Vandir's face "I trusted you, Meneon! You goddamn turncoat, are you telling me you've been in league with the Army this entire time?!"

"I don't expect a simpleton like you to understand the complexities of politics. Now, stand aside."

"This is madness! These Champions are our only hope! If you think I'm willing to-"

"No, Vandir," hissed Meneon "There is no hope. The Northlands are doomed. The rulers do nothing but squabble and fight amongst themselves. They can't see past their own petty desires to acknowledge the true threat that's baying at their doors. The Army will crush all those who stand against it. Do you honestly think you and your pathetic garrison will defend Wyndia? Don't be ridiculous. Not only that, you put your faith in these...children? You honestly think they have the power to defeat the Army? They can barely look after themselves!" He drew himself up to his full height "You may be willing to sacrifice yourself for a futile goal, but I'm not. The High Commander smiles favourably on his most loyal servants. My survival is assured. If I hand over these supposed 'champions' he will reward me most handsomely. Perhaps he'll make me king of the ruins of Wyndia. Or, even better," he leered ghoulishly at him "Maybe he'll give me that whore you call a wife."

Vandir roared in anger, charging forward and swinging his sword in a shining arc. With a whip of his hand a barrier of sand and gravel blasted up in front of Meneon, temporarily blinding his opponent. It was enough; in the split second of hesitation three arrows thudded into his chest. Vandir crumpled into a lifeless heap.

The earth barrier scattered back into the dirt. With a grin Meneon gestured and the soldiers lowered their halberds, pointing the black spear tips directly at neck level "Now then, my little champions, you will come along quietly. I'm sure the High Commander will be most pleased to see you."

There was an awkward moment of silence at this sudden turn of events. The members were now without a guide, without a protector and in very real danger. The soldiers behind them took a menacing step forward.

A loud clatter and a whistle of steam from within their midst signalled someone had decided to take action.

"PERKELE!"

Spontaneous Combustion dramatically leapt forward, spinning his cane and pointing his hat at the ambushers. With a flash and a monstrous roar the demon tore itself free from the hat, shrieking in defiance and lashing its tentacles madly as it caught the scent of prey. No sooner had it unfurled its blasphemous wings then one of the soldiers calmly stepped forward and with a swing of his halberd cleaved Spont's head clean from his shoulders.

It hit the ground with a clang, shortly followed by the body buckling and collapsing into a pile of scrap. There was a whoosh of escaping steam, the lights in his eyes flickering madly in confusion before they faded to black. Perkele's shriek turned into a guttural moan as it dissolved away into nothingness. Meneon bent down, picking up the battered top hat. He admired it for a second before callously tossing it over his shoulder, the breeze catching it and sending it dancing away.

"You see? There is no hope. This world belongs to the Army."

The members were taken aback, stunned into silence at the brutal murder of Spont. Two of the soldiers picked up the body and tossed it over the chasm's edge. There were loud crashes and bangs as Spontaneous Combustion was smashed into a thousand broken pieces on the rocks below.

"Now then, I trust you'll come quietly." His hand spun out and pointed straight at Snake, who was quietly attempting to edge away "Don't even think about it, boy. Each second you spend hiding in the shadows is another piece of flesh your friends lose. Whether they arrive whole or in pieces is of no concern to me."

Snake froze in place, glancing nervously at the others. In mafia he may have been more than happy at sacrificing his teammates to save his own skin, but in real life it suddenly didn't seem all that relishing a prospect.

"Now," hissed Meneon as the soldiers took another clanking step forward "Come along, my precious little champions. The High Commander will be most eager to see his new pets."

It was Raya who struck first. In a single lightning-fast movement she drew her swords and plunged them into the abdomen of the nearest soldier, the scissor action disembowelling him in an instant. As he silently collapsed and died she stared aghast at the horrific act of sheer violence she'd just committed before her eyes glazed over with a feral fury. She turned to Meneon and snarled.

"You'll get them over my dead body."

"That can easily be arranged." Meneon snapped his fingers "Seize them!"

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top