Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dark Before The Dawn- RP thread

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Avalanche watched powerless as Vandir fell down. The earth mage and his minions seemed even stronger then the man Wyndia placed so much fate in. But it didn’t end there.

As Spont stepped forward to defend them with his odd magic, one of the minions decapitated him. Avalanche’s eyes widened and he sunk on his knees watching powerless as their friend was decapitated and pushed of a cliff.
”So easy……..” he thought. ”So easy did Vandir and Spont fall”.
"You see? There is no hope. This world belongs to the Army." Meneon said in a almost triumphant manner
Avalanche looked around. Not many people seemed to know how to react. Even Snake seemed to hesitate, some had drawn their weapons, and even Avalanche noticed he almost subconsciously had grabbed his staff. He gulped as he turned around. 3 archers and 2 halberdiers were taking aim at them from both directions.
"Now," hissed Meneon as the soldiers took another clanking step forward "Come along, my precious little champions. The High Commander will be most eager to see his new pets."

In a moment of shock Avalanche heard a slicing noise and the last breath of one of the dark soldiers. As he looked back he saw Raya had disemboweled one of the dark soldiers, and looked furiously at Meneon.”You’ll get them over my dead body!” she growled.

Chaos erupted as combat started on the narrow mountain path. Avalanche could see Perry leap over him, while Minby started running through the crowd. As Avalanche looked back he saw the archers unleash their arrows and the halberdiers rushing towards them. Avalanche looked in panic as the sharp projectiles and the soldiers carrying sharp pointer sticks got closer each moment. His mind was in pure chaos.
”What can I do….. I can’t do this, I am not ready!”
“It's something you'll never get used to.”
“I am not a fighter!”
”Stay focussed. Keep in mind what you’re fighting for”
“I’m not fighting for anything!”
”One thing you’d do anything to protect…..”

Avalanche looked at the approaching projectiles. His mind was clear, as he raised his staff to meet the arrows. He didn’t know what he was expecting to happen, but he knew something HAD too.
He closed his eyes but could see the letters appear in front of him as he had raised his staff.

“AVALANCHE LEARNED; HOLY SHIELD”

He felt a light sting and heard a ‘clunk’ noise. He felt one of the arrows had struck him, but the wound wasn’t deep. It felt like a injection with a comically large needle. It fell out on its own, the tip looking pretty blunted.
The clunk noise had come from Perry, who blocked a arrow with his axe. And looking at the height of the axe, it would have been a headshot if Perry hadn't interfered. The third arrow was—“

“SONUVA BITCH!” Ansem cried, a arrow lodged in his shoulder. He grabbed it and pulled it out himself, his robe getting stained with blood.
Perry twisted his axes in his hands and cracked his neck. “You go check on him…. I’ll take care of these guys.”
“Are you sure?”
“I fought em before”
Perry smirked. ”I can take em.”

Avalanche nodded and went to Ansem, determined not to let his attention stray. Ansem looked as if he was in serious pain, using his left hand to cover the wound up.
”This…..This is nothing like Larping” He said in a vain attempt to bring humor to the rather grim situation.”You can fix it right? I don’t feel like sitting on the sideline just yet.”
Avalanche said nothing, observing the wound strictly and determined to stay focus. He knew nothing of the nature of the wound, the muscle tissues damaged or the nerves severed by the arrow…He didn’t like blood, wounds and stuff associated with the subject matter to begin with. He only knew he had to fix it.
”If not for this crazy ass world….. if not for myself…..Then I’ll do it for them…. He thought to himself, as his staff began to radiate a soothing white light.
Ansem looked surprised himself as the wound slowly started to close up. Avalanche tried to ignore the chaos surrounding him and focussed squarly on the wound on his shoulder. ”Stay still.” Avalanche said. ”This is the first time I do this.”
”That’s what she said” mumbled Ansem while observing the fight around them.

For a brief moment Avalanche looked up and saw Meneon charge towards one of the forummers, but tried to clear his mind, concentrating on Ansem again.
”Stay focussed on your duty. Keep in mind what you’re fighting for mumbled Avalanche to himself, closing up Ansem’s wound completely.
Ansem stood up and smirked. ”Thanks a bunch Roy. Now of to show them what we’re made off.”
"Let's do that"Avalanche nodded, but despite his brave words decided to try and stay out of danger, while looking for others who needed aid. He'd probably be more usefull that way.
As he looked down he decided to heal his own wound as the blood was staining his white robe.

”Sons of bitches…….this’ll take forever to clean”

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 am

"Spont! Vandir! Noooo!"
Ansem could only yell as Vandir was shot and sponts head rolled out of the way. This wasn't happening. He'd been preparing for a battle, but this was too soon, to sudden. And to lose comrades, that was not the plan at all! This was just too m- Fuck No.
"The shit i've been saying over and over, i'd protect them, destroy anyone who tries to harm us. Save this world, defeat evil, and get some pussy. Goddamnit, I'm not going to be a liar! Not now, not ever!"

With those words, Ansem leaped forward, threw his staff at a soldiers face, who was clearly ready to carve a Raya sandwich. The man was startled by the wood and iron that hit him on the back, he didn't have the time to say anything before a nasty claw was embedded in his face. The blood spurted out of the man, drenching Ansem's face, clothes and weapon. A bit hunched, standing before Raya to make sure she wouldn't get hit, he scanned for his next victim, Meneon. That no good-
"Sonuva Bitch!!"

In a split second, Ansem's world was pain. Then, he saw the shaft, sticking out of his shoulder, staining his robe even more. He wanted to make a 'Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, Nobody!' joke, if he weren't in such blinding pain. Instinctively, he pulled it out. The head of the arrow wasn't jagged, so it came out fairly easy. That was to say, taking a chunk out of his flesh easy. Avalanche came up to him, bearing a wound of his own, albeit not s deep as his.

"Heh, this is nothing like Larping". It was true, this was bigger. But he wouldn't stand by just yet. "You can fix this right? I dont feel like sitting on the sidelines just yet."
Surprisingly enough, Roy was capable of fixing it! Awesome, second chance ftw. That meant there was still hope for Vandir! Spont was a different case. Ansem didn't think healing could solve decapitation. Avalanche told him to sit still, since this was the first time he did this. Yes, another opportunity to say "Thats what she said" even if it was inappropriate and a bad time.
"Thanks a bunch Roy, now let's show them what we're made of! Sahrimnir! You and Avalanche need to check on Vandir! We need him alive, and he has a chance of surviving! Snake, use your skills to take out the archers! Weldar! It's time to summon your Undead minions!"
Ansem paused then ran up to Fed.
"Fed...Eat Meneon! I'll distract him!"
Without waiting for confirmation, Ansem ran up to the earthmage. Surely, approaching him, he felt the Taint build up. The sweet sensation, combined with the Dark vibe, was like a Polluted river surging through his system. Meneon gripped his staff tight, and made a weird movement with his left foot, resulting in a volley of rocks racing towards Ansem. Without time to dodge, all he could do was hold up his arms, but the rocks never came. When he looked up, he saw a big guy standing before him, twin axes blocking the rocks. Perry didn't say anything, just smiled and ran towards a soldier. Meneon was just as confused as Ansem was before, and that gave him al the time he needed. With a lunge, Ansem jumped towards Meneon and released the Taint from his palms, resulting in a dark energy emitting from them. Meneon seemed affected, as he was struggling to stay footed, while Ansem felt stronger and stronger. The feeling ended abruptly when a large chunk of stone hit Ansem right in the chest and send him flying, right past Raya, stopping only inches away from the egde of the cliff.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 am

TD had hung back, not willing to participate in the conversations between the other forumers.
What is WRONG with me? I mean, these are my friends, right? I can talk to them... It's just, now they have faces... and I do as well...
from the front of the group, he could hear shouting.
what is going on?
As TD sat up from his slouch, he could see the odd little mage assigned to their group attack Vandir, and multiple armed men appeared to attack the other forumers, killing the strange robot fellow who was appearantly spont.
Oh god, this is it. I'm dead. I did something that led to a forced death. I'm good in videogames, just not in real life... DAMMIT.
As the army people raised their weapons at the front of the line, TD quietly dismounted, knowing that if he was going to die, he might as well do it fighting.
If I run, that mage will certainly find a way to stop me...
Peering through the rocks he had hidden behind, he could see Vandir fall to the ground, pin-cushioned with arrows.

This is it... First blood. Part 1, I suppose... Part one of countless skirmishes like this, if video games are what this world is akin to...

A light flickered on his glasses, the reflection in the corner of his eye showing a battle menu.
Right on cue...
Unwrapping his staff from his back and loosening his sword in his sheath, TD prepared for a fight.

The highland soldiers surged forward, fear left behind as their desperation fueled their limbs. TD pressed the button on his staff and the blade extended, and started glowing a soft yellow, pulsing in time with his heartbeat.
That's new... no. Gotta focus... gotta stay alive.
Text floated into view on TD's new HUD, reading
Hostile Environment Detected. Switch to Evasion Mode?
Wha- Yeah, I guess dodging a bullet beats getting hit by it... how do I select?
"Yes" He muttered to himself, and his glasses flashed green. Suddenly, A figure in all black jumped out at him, wielding a knife.
TD thought he was going to die, but as the figure appeared, time seemed to slow down. An arrow pointing left appeared in his view, and not knowing what else to do, he hurled himself left. Time seemed to resume it's normal flow of pace as the figure hurtled past him.
Oh. Joy. Quick Time Events.
Seeing another arrow, this time to the right and down, he crouched and rolled as another villian tried to stab him. More arrows appeared, and he dodged left, leaned right, and ducked, avoiding blow after blow. The arrows started to fade in his vision, and recognition dawned in his mind.
I can't keep dodging, because someone's going to hit me eventually... and I am NOT going to die this easily.
I... am NOT... going to DIE HERE
"aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"
Turning around with a slow yell, he brought his staff up at a diagonal angle across the Black Warrior who had been creeping up behind him, slashing its robes across the front. Whirling it over his head, he brought it down diagonally, in the opposite direction than before, then twirled it again and stabbed the Warrior through the chest. Glancing around, he sprinted towards the other forumers, who were clustered in a group, trying to fight off the remaining warriors. Slipping the Staff into it's sheath, he pulled out his sword, preparing for close combat.

Last edited by td260 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Requiem sat on his horse, watching the scene unfold in front of him. Spont was dead. Very dead. He sat there on the horse in a sort of daze for a moment. Something had just dawned on him. If they died in this world... did they die in the real world too? As he thought this, an arrow grazed his ear, snapping him back to attention. "Right... No point in stressing over things" He growled, climbing off the horse and pulling his gauntlets on.

Silently he made his way to the outskirts of the enemy. He wasn't good for group combat, his combat style didn't exactly allow it. Clenching his fist, he noticed that the gauntlet had shifted slightly, revealing a blade that protruded from the knuckles about two inches. He turned just in time to see a blade come crashing down at his head "Damnit!" Requiem exclaimed, caught off guard, nonetheless, he reacted quickly, catching the blade between his hands. Moving as if controlled by some unknown deity, Requiem's left hand let go of the blade as the right pushed it to the side, allowing him the space to drive his left arm through the chest of the soldier, revealing a large and rather bloody hole after he'd removed it. A critical hit marker appeared over the Soldier with a 42 directly below it. Light flowed through Requiem's body once more, though in a different manner than before. It didn't upload any memories or anything. It was like it was simply checking to see if he'd already learned the basics of the style.

He picked up the soldiers sword and rushed an enemy, only to have the blade lower as he charged, and stick into the ground. This caused him to lose his balance and end up on the ground along with the sword. "Well... That didn't work" He muttered, picking himself up off the ground. As he stood up, he felt a sharp pain in the back of his skull, and then the world faded to black. The man behind him smiled darkly, holding the bat like club over his shoulder.

Acrossed the way, Fedaykin in all his zombified glory, saw Requiem go down. "Damn it, you almost broke my skullpipe!" he growled. He moved around the battlefield going mostly unnoticed. As he approached the soldier with the club, he drove his dagger into the man's side, knocked the metal cap off, and took a large bite...

Last edited by Requiem on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to finish the stupid thing, and make it sound better)

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Normally Perry would be sad when he had to leave the horses behind. He liked leisure, and not having to walk himself was definitely a pro. Yet something inside him craved action, movement. It couldn't sit still, and so couldn't his body.
He walked on with the front of the group as they made their way on the mountainpath, his strong goat-legs and hooves carrying him easily. Vandir and Meneon led the way, with Perry, Ansem and an untireable Fed walking up close behind them. The rest of the group strolled behind, some more quiet than others, with Raya guarding the back. making sure everyone was keeping up
Perry stared at the earth mage's back, still suspiscious of the guy, yet not knowing his suspiscions would prove true very soon.

As Avalanche ran up to the group, after having been quiet most of the jounrey, Perry leaned a bit closer to hear what he and Vandir were talking about. He smiled slightly as some of his own concerns were spoken through Avalanche, but the way Vandir replied only made him smile more. Vandir was like the personification of many characters Perry had RPed like. An experienced warrior, friendly but with a zero-bullshit tolerance. His kindof guy.

Perry's train of thought was interrupted, as a whistling sound cut through the wind. No one else seemed to hear it, but it was loud and clear for Perry. He looked up to see where it come from, but with a thud the sound stopped... right into "his kindof guy"s shoulder. Vandir let out a roar and fell backwards. "VANDIR?!", Perry yelled as he rushed to his side. But Vandir just coughed slightly, before standing up again. He yanked out the arrow and clenched his fist, snapping it in half. Avalanche tried to see the wound, but Vandir pushed them back and stood infront of the group.

Perry looked around, to see the group surrounded by the soldiers. His eyes happened to cross Meneon's, and he could already see the intention in the man's eyes. Before he could act, the earth mage joined the soldiers.
"Totally called it!", Perry said outloud as his excitement over being right came before the imminent danger they were in.

It happened fast afterwards. After a quick flurry of words, Vandir realized his companion was not his ally and he moved to attack. The mage saw it coming and blocked Vandir's sight while the 3 archers behind him aimed well. Vandir fell, leaving the group horrified at the sight of the scene.
Spont rushed forward, summoning his beast from the hat, but the emotionless soldiers weren't set back and quickly disposed brutally of the little robot.
Perry stood shocked as his friend got murdered, and the soldiers surrounded him. Horrified he stared down the cliff, where his little friend had been tossed down.

An intense heat boiled inside perry, slowly taking over the shock with anger. His teeth gritted as he heard Meneon smugly talk on and on. His fists clenched and his brow frowned. And apparently he wasn't the only one. Raya struck fast and she struck hard, offing one of the soldiers in a flash.
The group had decided to fight, and so would Perry. An odd grin fell on his face as a distant feeling of excitement lit up in him.

The soldiers were wary of Raya, but didn't see the large man right infront of them. With a dash, Perry rushed in, knocking the Halberd pointed at him aside and grabbing the edge of the soldiers chest plate. He pulled him closer and rammed his head down on the knight's helmet, his rock hard head denting in the headwear and knocking out the soldier for time being. The knight's body went limp as he fell to the ground.

Quickly he grabbed hold of the twin axes on his side, flurrying them around in his hands as he turned around to face the second Halberd wielder, but Ansem beat him to it. The man fell down, blood spurting around and covering Ansem, who had never looked any more menacing... Yet he remained damned handsome.
It came again, the whistling noise of arrows cutting through the air. Perry spun around and saw one coming straight towards his head. In a flash he lifted up his axe, blocking the arrow's path with the flat side of it.

He looked back, seeing Avalanche being fairly alright, but Ansem took a hit. Perry knew that they need all the men they had, and he looked forward at the archers. Cracking his neck, he turned to Avalanche. "You go check on him…. I’ll take care of these guys."
"Are you sure?"
"I fought them before"
, Perry said as he turned around. He lowered his axes and threathingly walked towards the archers with a smirk. "I can take 'm"

It was strange. No matter how friendly and laid-back Perry normally was, this fighting really made him feel alive. Excitement and adrenaline rushed through his body as he dashed towards the archers. It was like he turned into one of his RP characters. He didn't need to think and write about anymore, he was actually feeling it.
The archers reloaded and fired at him, but their arrows were met with Perry's axe once more, mowing them down as soon as they were in range. Quickly they retreated slightly, walking back up higher onto the mountainpath.
Meneon stepped forward and fired an array of rocks forward at Ansem. Perry quickly jumped in between, confident in his strentgh as he pushed his axes against the rocks, stopping them in their tracks. The two shared a quick glance, and Perry felt awesome for saving the guy's butt. He just nodded quickly before continuing to fight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fedaykin was fighting ferociously, slashing and cutting against the soldier's armour in a frenzy. His eyes glowing intensely orange as all he wanted to do was take these motherfuckers out for what they did to Spont. The soldier was set back by the corpse ravishly attacking him and could only do so much to defend himself. He tried to push the zombie away, but it was too relentless. With a flash of steel, a dagger suddenly stabbed itself into the soldiers neck. One of the few unarmoured parts.
The soldier fell, but Fed didn't feast. He looked around, trying to find more of those bastards. That's when he saw Requiem being attacked from behind. Another friend fell, and Fed snapped back to reality. He couldn't afford to go on a rampage, he had to stay focussed on taking these bastards out so they couldn't hurt more of his friends.
He ran towards the soldier that knocked Req out, running low to avoid being spot. By the time the man noticed the zombie, it was too late. Fed drove his right dagger into the man's side, and knocked the man's head to the side. An exposed neck stretched, as Fedaykin opened his maul.
"Guten Appetit!", he said as he tore out a part of the man's neck, biting through the jugular and sending the man sprawling with blood.
He quickly glanced at Requiem, seeing an orange glow coming off his companion. That meant he still was alive, good.
Fed scanned the battlefield, and saw the rest of his companions holding their own. But they were at a disadvantage with those archers there. He ran towards the group of archers, who were focussing their fire onto Perry, keeping him away.

Perry smiled as his undead friend joined him. "FED! You're right on time!", he said with a grin.
"What do you mea- WOA", Fed yelled as the giant picked him up by his robes, sending him flying towards the archers. The archers looked up at the flying zombie, emotionlessly placing their arrows and firing them at the flying hazard. With soft thuds, the arrows stuck into Fed's body, but the corpse didn't feel a thing.
He fell on top of one of the archers, pinning it down on the ground before slashing it's neck with his dagger. The other archers grabbed their swords, but before they could strike, a rather annoyed Perry ran into them, knocking them on their back with his rock hard head.
"I always hate archers."
, he mumbled.

Spoiler:
Leaving it here at the moment, because huge post.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:52 pm

It's a long way down...

Sahrimnir was terrified. There should really be some kind of railing at that mountain pass. He did have wings, but he didn't feel like trying them out by falling down and seeing if he could avoid hitting the ground. There was still a very big chance that if he fell, he actually was going to hit the ground and that really wasn't something he wanted to do.

Suddenly his scared thoughts were interrupted by something happening. Meneon had betrayed them. Vandir fell. Spont tried to fight, but was killed. It was all happening so fast. Sahrimnir didn't know what to do. Then he heard Ansem calling out to him:

"Sahrimnir! You and Avalanche need to check on Vandir! We need him alive, and he has a chance of surviving!"

Right. Save Vandir.

Sahrimnir had always felt that clear instructions helped him focus in stressful situations, so this was exactly what he needed.

"Aye aye, Ansem. I'm on my way."

Sahrimnir sprinted towards their fallen guide while having his shield raised to protect himself from arrows. He knelt down beside Vandir and looked at his wounds.

Yikes. That doesn't look good.

Sahrimnir held his hands above the wounds. Some of them closed immediately. The bigger wounds were another matter. It felt like healing a small wound was like lifting a toy car while trying to heal a more serious wound was like trying to lift a real car.

"Avalanche! It's too much for me."

"I'll see what I can do," Avalanche responded. "Cover me."

Again, clear instructions. Good. Sahrimnir drew his sword. An enemy slashed towards him with a halberd. Sahrimnir intercepted the attack with his shield. He thrust his sword towards the dark one. The dark one parried. Neither of them managed to get a good hit in, but somehow the dark one seemed to slowly gain an advantage.

It can't go on like this. I have to win. Now.

As Sahrimnir thought those thoughts, he felt an energy flowing through him. It reminded him of what he felt while using his healing powers, but it was somewhat different. It felt more offensive. The energy flowed out through his right arm and covered his sword in golden light. The enemy made another slash. Sahrimnir parried with his sword and the halberd melted. Sahrimnir made a slash with his sword and decapitated the dark one.

As the now headless soldier fell to the ground, the light faded from Sahrimnir's sword.

That was exhausting. Whatever I did, I don't think I'll be able to pull that off again for a while. And as soon as this battle is over, I am going to lie down on the ground and sleep.

"Hey, Av! How is Vandir doing?"

Spoiler:
And now you've seen the offensive use of my light magic.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Avalanche sat down next to Sahrimnir, observing the bloody body of Vandir. The three arrows were still firmly lodged in his chest, while Sahrimnir healed the smaller wounds.
”It’s too much for me” Sahrimnir said. He was visibly tired from the use of his healing ability already.
”I’ll see what I can do” Avalanche said.”Cover me.”

Sahrimnir nodded and fended off an approaching dark soldier while Avalanche gulped. The arrows had struck hard and deep….And he’d have to pull them out. The idea disgusted him, and with a shaking hand he grabbed the first arrow, located just below his shoulder.
”With a little luck, his armor would have at least prevented the arrow from entering to deep” He thought to himself, trying to collect everything he remembered about treating wounds like this…….it wasn’t much.
Carefully he pulled out the first arrow. Vandir didn’t become conscious, but the wound started bleeding like a bastard. Avalanche felt himself grow a little faint as he pointed his staff to the wound. It didn’t go as fast as it had gone with Ansem, but the tissue seemed to regenerate slowly.
”Come on……Heal already!” Avalanche thought angrily while trying to ignore his surroundings. He had to trust Sahrimnir to protect him.
When finally the first wound had closed up Avalanche tried to determine which would be safest to pull out next. Both seemed to be in the realm of incredibly vital organs. He felt Vandir’s pulse. It was still going, but slowly, frighteningly slow. Avalanche turned white and decided to pull out the arrow closest to his waist. Vandir seemed to regain consciousness for a moment, only to cry out in pain and pass out again.
This wound gave off a incredibly rotten smell, and Avalanche quickly tried to heal it, though the light of his staff seemed to diminish.”I’m gonna be sick…..I’m gonna pass out……fuck fuck fuck!. He managed to stop the wound from bleeding and decided to keep it at that for now.

As Avalanche looked up he saw the menacing figure of Meneon approaching them as soon as he had spotted him. No doubt he heard Vandir cry in pain. Avalanche looked around while Meneon smashed his foot on the ground.
”S-SAHRIMNIR! We got a problem!” He cried.
Meneon launched a rock the size of a basketball in his direction, Sahrimnir wasn’t there to shield him. In a blind moment of panic he raised his staff in the direction of the rock like he had done to the arrows and cried; ”HOLY SHIELD!”
A small purple circle appeared from the crystal on his staff, forming a shield between him and the oncoming projectile.
Much to his surprise however, the rock hit him in his stomach and he collapsed. Avalanche was reminded of how one arrow managed to hit him, regardless of the holy shield.
”It doesn’t stop projectiles, it just slows them a little……..fuck” It felt as if all the air was punched out of his body. He could only imagine what the effect would have been without the holy shield.

Avalanche fell on the ground, next to Vandir.
”Stay…….focused.” He growled to himself as his sight grew blurry. He grabbed the last arrow and pulled it out. It felt as if it weighed a ton now. He rested the staff on Vandir's wound, trying to pour what strength remained into it.
”P-please….heal……I....I….mus……t……..”

Avalanche collapsed next to Vandir, with Meneon standing over them.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

With Spont dead and Vandir most likely dead too, All hell broke loose. In the rise of excitement, Snake was able to back up and dissapear. "Fuck this, I am not going to fucking die." Snake spotted one horse close by. Apparently, Requiem decided not to dismount like everyone else. If there ever was a time to escape, it would be right now. No one would shoot down a riderless horse. Perfect....

”HOLY SHIELD!” Avalanche yelled. A purple wall of energy formed around him, as the rock flew at his stomach. Much to his surprise, it did not work like he wanted it to, and Avalanche was knocked onto the ground.
”It doesn’t stop projectiles, it just slows them a little……..fuck..." Avalanche closed his eyes, as a small pool of blood formed around him. The rock lay next to him, blood covering the sharp edge that had hit it's target. "..Stay…….focused....” Avalanche whispered, before he lost sense in his body.

Avalanche collapsed next to Vandir, with Meneon standing over them. "Well Well, looks like we have a loser. Did you think for a second you could beat me in a battle of Magic? Did you think you could beat my army of darkness? And did you think you could beat DEATH?" Meneon raised his staff in the air, and swung it down over Avalanche. There was a loud Thump, and Meneon stopped. A rock floated behind him, and then dropped to the ground. Head bleeding, Meneon turned around. while he was distracted, Slowly but surely, The bodies of Avalanche and Vandir were dragged by what appeared to be nothing, around a corner out of sight. The only person who seemed to notice was a very confused Sahrimnir, who knew he still had a job to do.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Spoiler:
This is the third goddamn time I've had to rewrite this due to being ninja'd, ffffffffff-. Stuff it, it's rough but I ain't rewriting it again.

Raya ducked and darted, her swords singing out in metallic clangs as they parried attacks. This battle was proving a rather difficult experience. At first she had been quite rightly horrified at her actions- she had killed another human being in a rather gory manner. But there was no choice, she had had to do it to protect the others. They had been summoned for the sole purpose of defeating the Army. If this High Commander got his hands on them more than likely their lives would be abruptly cut short in a rather unpleasant manner.

So why was she getting such a perverse thrill from all this? She dodged under a swung halberd, lashing out and hamstringing its wielder. This was disturbingly exhilarating, this bloodletting, a deadly contest of skills where only one could survive, a murderous dance where the symphony was-

Her train of thought was cut off as Ansem flew past her, hitting the ground hard and skidding to a stop inches from the cliff edge. A cry from behind made her spin and she saw Req go down, closely followed by Avalanche being smashed by a large rock and crumpling unconscious. Her momentary feelings of horror and concern were instantly eclipsed by a furious rage as her Mother Bear instincts kicked in. Oh, now it was personal. There was no way she was going to let him hurt them.

Ansem removed his face from the dirt and shook his head to clear it. The acrid smell of magic made him glance up; for a brief second there was a whirl of wind around Raya's feet.

Attack increase! Speed increase!

Meneon stalked over to the white mage and the captain, a look of murderous intent on his face. Yes, take out the healer first, that was always a good plan. And Vandir surviving the arrows simply gave him the marvellous opportunity to kill him himself. He raised his staff in preparation of a killing blow. Yes, their deaths would be most-

A rock thumped into the back of his head, making him whirl, hand splayed in preparation of an attack. Nothing. Realising the deception he spun and flung his arm high, the air around him shimmering and distorting with magical runes, the pebbles at his feet vibrating and starting to rise. That was it, no more games. He'd intended to bring them all back alive to the High Commander, but if they insisted on being so rebellious he'd gladly bring them to him in piec-

A high-jump kick promptly smashed itself into the side of his face, closely followed by a fist to the stomach. He bent over, gasping, throwing himself to the side just in time to avoid a twin sword slash.

"Soldiers!" He croaked, fumbling desperately for a spell "What the hell are you doing?! Finish them!"

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Weldar watched Spont getting destroyed in shock. Well shit, looks like he's actually gone. I wonder what the deal with this place is, would the normal Spont back at home still be okay. Hmmm let's not find out. He pulled out his daggers and prepared for a fight.
"Weldar summon your undead minions" ordered Ansem
"Uhh that's not actually a thing I can do you know", but Ansem had already ran off.
Alright, let's go
Weldar charged towards a nearby sword wielding warrior. He very quickly learned his knives were not well suited for a direct fight with an opponent wielding a sword. Within a few seconds he'd already managed to narrowly avoid two fatal blows and had lost 3 knives from his ample supply and had made absolutely no progress towards actually harming the solider.
Shit, shit, shit, shit. This was an incredibly stupid idea, seriously when have you ever been good at fighting. Time for a new plan.
Weldar turned tail and fled towards a somewhat open area. As he ran he flickered for a second and then there were three Weldars, one kept going forward while the other two veered off to either side. The solider marched onward and deterred. Suddenly all three Weldars turned and threw a knife at the solider, none of them made it anywhere near him.
Aww man, looks like I didn't get any knife throwing skills
The solider moved closer, undeterred by the ineffectual assault. As he got closer a forth Weldar flickered into existence behind him, they had him encircled. At once they all began running around the circumference of thew circle, slowly moving forwards. The solider simply stood silently, sword in hand, waiting. And then they leapt forward, the solider quickly pivoted to his left sword swinging through the air passing through the nothingness of two illusionary Weldars. The real Weldar found himself behind the solider, his knife made a satisfying sound as it slashed across his exposed back.
CRITICAL HIT
The soldier screamed out in pain but he wasn't defeated just yet. Acting quickly Weldar plunged both of his daggers right into the soldiers back. These blows didn't crit but they finish him off. The solider fell to the ground, dagger protruding from his back. For a second Weldar swore he heard the faint jingle of victory music and the ding of leveling up but the feeling soon passed. He turned to survey the battlefield. The others seemed to be doing fairly well. By this point there was only a handful of soldiers and Meneon himself left.
Oh wow, we're actually winning. Well there's being the chosen one for ya
And the he noticed sitting near the edge of the battlefield was an unconscious Requiem. He didn't seem to be in any immediate danger but it still wasn't exactly a safe place to be. He quickly made his way over to his body intending to either wake him, move him or guard him, and tried to shake him awake.
"Whoa buddy, you okay there"

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:07 pm

An aerial assault hadn't been exactly the thing Fed had in mind, but it was effective. Heh, Dead from above. Laughing and talking would be a lot easier without an arrow stuck in his throat. It didn't really hurt, it was just annoying. The only sound he could make was a rather creepy growl. There were some other arrows lodged in his dashing undead body as well. In the far corner of his mind noot occupied with combat, whispered a demanding voice, that some of his enemies should join their power with the Zombie, but not in the common sense. The hunger gained momentum...

Fedaykin rose quickly on his feet, scanning his surroundings. Perry was at his side, ready to dish out some justificated violence. The Faun seemed to be pretty pumped with adrenaline, his legs trembling, a ferocious grin with the matching expressions in his eyes."There are three archers left, as far as I can see. I take the one on the right, you on the left, meet up in the middle? Cool? Alright, let's go get'em!" Perry didn't even wait for a respond, as he rushed towards the soldiers, who had regained their balance and look battle-ready. His hooves thundered on the stony ground, one axe holding in front of him, the other lifted to strike.

"Hhhhrrrmmmm", Fed sighed, and closed the distance to his designated target. He clutched hard on his daggers, running slightly crouched, silent and focused on the iron-cladded enemy. The archer steadied himself on the ground, stepping one step forward, holding his sword over his head with both hands, waiting for the right moment to cut down the approaching corpse. If Fed could sweat, he would be pouring right now because of the tension. The moment seemed to last forever, as he got into his enemy's range, as the blade started its descend.

Fedaykin used his momentum to drop on his knees, driven forward. Leaning back and his daggers crossed above him, he deflected the blow and went under the blade, disturbing his foe's balance. The moment he passed the sharp obstacle, he relocated his weight on his right side, swinging around and stopping right behind the still struggeling soldier. With a swift kick, he pulled the leg, which held the soldier's weight, to him. The black menace had no chance against the almighty force that is gravity, landing flat on his belly, losing the grip on his sword. Grinning, Fed didn't hesitate. He quickly knelt down and plunged his daggers into the poorly protected neck. In an instant, the orange aura faded. Satisfied, the Zombie looked to Perry, to see how he managed.

The Faun had entered berserk mode, chopping relentlessy on his foe, while the third one seemed not to be able to make up his mind, who he should help. At this point, it was already too late for both. With an roar, Perry broke through the archer's defense, cutting off his right arm, the hand still warapped around the sword's hilt. A mighty chop from the side finished the job quickly, sending the head flying, propelled by a stream of blood. He catched Fed's gaze, grinning as well. There was blood in his beard, on his chest... a sight to behold.

Slowly, the Avatars of Death and Destruction turned towards the remaining archer. Any other guy would have lost faith and would have run away, but not this soldier. As every member of the Black Army, he knew no fear, didn't retreat. There was only one outcome. The only thing undecided was, who had to pay the price. He waited in a defensive stance, standing there like a part of the mountain, unwavering, sword at the ready. Glancing from one enemy to the other, he calculated his chances and course of action.

Fed and Perry slowly circled around their prey, jabbing quick thrusts, looking for holes in the defense. Their opponent held himself marvelously, jumping out of the way, deflecting blows and even counterattacking, almost knocking one of Perry's axes out of his hand. This went on for several minutes, neither could overcome the other. The Zombie got really annoyed by his persistance. Time to change plans...

Fed waited, until the the archer was facing him. In a total discourage of personal safety, he ran straight forward, daggers raised. The soldier didn't hesitate, plunging his sword with full might into Fed's ribcage, aiming for the heart. At the same time, Perry jumped in from behind, roaring like a wild animal, thrusting his battleaxes down with incredible force, hacking off both arms of his opponent. At this moment, the Zombie let go of his weapons, pulling out the arrow in his throat, with the other pulling the soldier closer to him. Laughing like a madman, he burrowed his teeth in the exposed flesh...

As the Avatar of Death feasted, the Avatar of Destruction looked around, searching for the next victim.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:16 am

Ansem got up and looked around. Perry and Fed seemed to have made a duo, taking out the archers, Weldar didn't quite get the whole 'pretend to summon a lot of dudes to intimidate the enemy' thing he thought off, but oh well, this worked too. Sahrimnir and Avalanche got to Vandir, but that damned Meneon got to them. Luckily, Solid shadow Snake was there to save them, or at least distract Meneon enough to Holy Macaroni with cheese batman, Raya just went into hyper mode, kicking Meneon in the face! That was so cool.
As Ansem cleared his head, he noticed only three soldiers left, no more Archers, and Meneon was busy with Raya. Excellent, time to test that Taint again. If it did what he thought it did, this would make sure he was strong enough to destroy anything.
With a steady pace, Ansem made his way on the path, not stopping for anything, not even the passed out Vandir and Avalanche. His target was right there, clutching his Halberd, but showing no other signs of emotion. They were strange, these soldiers. Familiar. Ansem approached him, smiling at Perry and Fed double teaming another remaining soldier, and Weldar probably taking out the last one. The soldier stood there, stoic, nothing holding him back of charging Ansem and stabbing him, and yet he stood there. Ansem walked, until he was about 3 meters away from him. Then, in a quick movement, he dashed up to him and slid under the halberd swing, gashing at his leg with the claw. With a judo roll, he rolled past the soldier and went around the corner of the mountain, further up the path. The soldier followed him, the wound seemingly not affecting him.

"Good, now we won't be interrupted. Let's see how much Taint you have shall we?"

Ansem gathered the power in his hands again, overflowing and leaking on the ground. Meneon. He could feel this power came from Meneon, back then. He must have taken it when he released his own Taint. What it was? Who cares, it was power.
The soldier ran up to Ansem, swinging is Halberd in a wide Arc, wide enough for Ansem to step in and under it, dodging the swing and getting up close to the soldier. Then, with a violent grunt, he stabbed the Dark Soldier with his claw, simultaneously releasing the Taint into the wound.

A puzzle. 5 pallets, 5 holes, each a different size. 3 Holes were filled, the 2 others were empty. Ansem found himself...nowhere. He did not exist here. But he could think, could he? Floating in the nothingness, he was his own thoughts, extensions of himself. Was this magic, did a wizard do this? Slowly, the world began to reject his thoughts. Quick, solve the puzzle! His instincts worked for him. He took a pallet out of a Hole, it was tough. The world trembled. Is this the real life?

The soldier stumbled back and took of his helmet, showing a young face, in his 20s, looking in awe at the wound in his chest. Then, with a faint whimper, he died, the blood loss was too much. Ansem was stunned. He was stabbing a guy, then all of a sudden, he was solving a puzzle, with his mind. An unfinished puzzle. 5 Holes, and three were done. He pulled one out, and got kicked out of the...puzzle.
Ansem looked at the dead guy, and in a flash of unparalleled rage, he pointed his right finger at the soldier and shouted, his face torn with anger. A bolt of the taint released itself from his finger, crashing into the dead body, leaving behind a faint dark glow. Ansem looked at his hands. Blood on his right one, the other still smelling of the taint. The claw was no longer a metallic colour, but crimson, sanguine.
Where was his staff....

Meneon stepped back and lashed out with his staff, shooting 2 rocks at the girl who was kicking his ass in a humiliating way. She dodged, spinning around and slashed his robes with her swords. This was no good. Dammit, he was a scholar, not a fighter. With a bellowing "Enough!" he thrusted his staff into the ground, shaking the earth beneath everyones feet and knocking down a few people.
"You think you're heroes?!? You think you can save the world? No one can! If one dark lord falls, Another will rise! This world is cursed, I have seen it! There will always be war and no hero can stop it! You are all fools!"

"No Meneon...you're the fool here...."
Everyone turned around in shock, as Vandir lifted himself up, supporting himself with Ansem's staff.
"...You think you know everything there is to know...but you don't know hope. Hope is one of the most powerful things in the world, and it can save it. Hope, faith, love...everything is possible, as long as you keep those in your heart. These champions know that, and thats why they can save us all."

Meneon was stunned. How was he still alive. Full of anger, he looked upon Avalanche and Sahrimnir, who supported Vandir. They healed him! He'll show them! His earthmagic was undefeatable!
"You talk to much Vandir! I'll crush you all!"
He prepared a spell, but then it hit him. The girl was right there, beside him. Then it hit him, the sharp side of one of her swords. He cried out in pain and stumbled back, lashing out with a gust of sand to keep Raya at a distance. But he was not prepared for Perry, done with the soldier and ready for more. Or Weldar, standing besides him, or Snake, bearing a bump on his head and donning his knife.
" No....No....NOOOOO!"
His cries fell silent when Perry slammed his Axe into his Back, resulting in a cracking sounds that send shivers down everyones spines. There he lied, the traitor. Expert on the practice of Leyline magic. Their guide.
Fedaykin suddenly howled, making everyone turn their heads and look at him. His eyes turned a deep shade of orange, almost red/brown as he surged over the path, knocked away Weldar and Snake as he jumped on Meneon. He couldn't hear anyones shouts or objections, his world was hunger now. As he feasted on the head of Meneon, his wounds began to heal, his flesh showing less signs of rotting and decay. Slowly, his eyes turned normal again. Normal for him then.

Ansem stumbled into the scene, his eyes were filled with dark spots, obscuring his vision.
"Is...Is it already over? Did we win?"

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:53 pm

"...Buddy...Okay there?" A voice asked in the darkness of Requiem's mind, his world fading in and out. He felt his body being moved as well, and slowly opened his eyes, only to close them immediately afterwards as the light blinded him temporarily.

"Ugh..." He groaned sitting up, and blinked a few times before the pain from his skull registered. He winced sharply "Ow... what the hell happened?" He murmered to himself quietly, rubbing the back of his head tenderly.

The voice came back "Well, you were knocked out from behind, and then we won the battle, and... Fed got a snack"

Requiem turned in the direction of the voice, and after a moment recognized who it belonged to "...Weldar?" He asked even more in a confused state "What're you doing over here?"

"Making sure that nothing happened to you while you slept" He said with a light smile. "C'mon, let's get you up, shall we?" He asked, offering his downed ally a hand.

Requiem accepted it, pulling himself up and looking over the area. So much death. So much loss. "Thank you... for helping me" He said quietly before turning his attention to the others, everybody seemed alright, except for... " He looked around again quickly "Spont's really dead, isn't he?" He asked softly

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:00 am

It had not been an easy battle, and it had certainly been unexpected. The group took stock of their situation. Several were quite shaken from the after effects of their abilities, others feeling exhausted as the adrenaline finally wore off. There was a fair amount of disgust at Fed's sudden actions, and now that he'd calmed down even the zombie himself seemed a little embarrassed, stepping away from the now brainless corpse.

"Spont's really dead, isn't he?"

Requiem's voice brought them back to reality, sounding strangely small in the vast expanse of silence. Not a word was spoken. Raya walked to the chasm's edge and looked down. The bottom was an unimaginable distance away, lost in darkness and shadow. The outcrops of rock where Spont's body had smashed against on the way down could clearly be picked out, the occasional glimmer of a metal cog or a wire marking out his path.

Minby joined her, his eyes tracing the same route.

"There's no way anyone could have survived that...not even a robot..."

There was an awkward minute of silence. Raya wondered if she should say something. She never imagined she'd have to give a eulogy like this, but they couldn't just leave him without saying anything.

"Spont...was a good guy. A little strange perhaps, but he made us laugh and he cared about the forum. We'll miss him."

There was another stretch of silence.

"I don't understand," said td at length, glancing at Meneon's body "Why he did it. I thought he was respected and trusted in Wyndia. Why would he betray everyone like this?"

"Fear." Vandir winced as he sat down on the rock that had felled Avalanche "He was afraid. The Army's advance has been unstoppable. He simply didn't believe there was another way. He lost all hope and thought this was the only way to ensure his survival." He sighed "Fear drives people to do terrible things. But sacrificing innocent lives to save your own is no way to live. I don't think he was an inherently bad person. Just...desperate."

"What are we doing to do with him?" asked Snake, poking the corpse with his foot. He swung round and pointed at Fed who opened his mouth to speak "Don't even think about it, you fucking freak."

"But I-"

"Toss him." Everyone looked in surprise at Raya, her eyes hard "He doesn't even deserve to have the crows peck out his eyes. I say throw him. It's the same mercy he gave Spont."

There were a fair few unnerved glances shared, but nobody spoke up. Perry and Snake picked up the body and dumped it over the edge. The occasional thump as it hit the rocky walls quickly faded away.

Raya turned to their guide, who wasn't even attempting to hide his disapproval "Vandir, how much further is it to the Highland army?"

"An hour or two's march." He gestured at his own injuries "Well, assuming we were all at full health."

She glanced around at the rest of the party. Req was probably nursing a splitting headache, Avalanche and Sah looked close to exhaustion and Ansem seemed strangely light-headed. Nobody was in much of a state to travel.

"We'll rest for 10 minutes. We need to get moving as soon as possible. Patch yourselves up and get your things in order. It's a long march ahead of us."

She sat down on the path slightly away from the others, after a few seconds giving up and lying flat on her back. She stared up at the clouds and the birds wheeling overhead, desperately attempting to ignore the horrendous feelings of failure that were welling up inside her chest and threatening to choke her.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 am

Spoiler:
BLOODY NINJAS! XD I had almost exactly the same post, but still had to pretty much scratch half of it now XD

Perry turned away as Fed jumped on top of the remaining archer, protecting his eyes with his hands.
"DUDE! Atleast some warning first!", he yelled disgusted. Somehow seeing someone's flesh bearing torn off between another man's teeth is not a sight you get used to after seeing it once.

He turned around, looking over the battlefield. The black soldiers were all lying on the ground, some with larger pools of blood than the other. It really seemed like they were winning this.
Meneon was flailing around, raising rocks and sending them flying towards Raya, who gracefully yet fierce kept searing her swords through the air. Judging by her earlier actions and this, Perry grinned slightly. Apparently he wasn't the only one who liked combat in RPs.
Meneon was on his wit's end. Heavily outnumbered by a group he had thought would've been way weaker. His voice trembled, yet his words kept their air of superiority. In a last resort, he summoned a quake in the earth, sending the group back slightly, but most remained unaffected.

He panicked, sending sand around everywhere to have the heroes keep their distant.
Perry slowly approached from behind the man, a dissappointed look on his face. Somewhere inside, he was looking forward to a thrilling boss fight, not this buffoon. He had acted high and mighty about his power, but once he lost his henchmen, this was all that was left. He put the twin axes back in their place along his side and reached to his back. Unfastening it, he slowly pulled a large battle axe from his back.
Meneon screamed as the group closed in and Perry gritted his teeth.
"OKAY! Thats it!", he yelled as he stepped forward violently, swinging his axe diagonally down. A large crack was heard as the axe slammed stuck into Meneon's back parting his ribs and spine, sending him to the ground immediatly with the impact. Like a bubble full of blood, it had splashed around, spraying over Perry and his fur.
Perry sighed deeply at the sight of the villain lying at his hooves, the battle axe stuck in his back. In some amazing way, Meneon was still clinging on to his life, but it wouldn't last long.

Suddenly a loud howl sounded over the ground, but Perry recognized the voice. Fed, still in a frenzy from the fight against the archers, had sensed a better pray was dying. In a fearsome dash, he lunged himself onto the earthmage, most likely not even aware of what he was doing.
Dazed, Perry did not look away this time untill he snapped out of it. Violently he turned his head again, but more out of a sense that he had to, rather than that he needed to.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle was over. Meneon and his betrayal had failed, but at the cost of Spont's and almost Vandir's life. The champions had fended for themselves well.
10 Minutes. They could rest for 10 minutes before they had to move on, and most of the group immediatly collapsed on that count. Fed chose to do so literally as the Zombie suddenly feel unconscious to the ground after a few wobbles.
"Fed!", cries from the group sounded worried.

Perry wandered around on the battlefield, thinking of a way to clean up the mess and look for anything usefull. If there was a bigger force nearby, the group would be in trouble if they were found out.
Perry stood amidst the black clad bodies laid over the ground. Each covered in more blood than the other, yet one corpse stood out. The soldier was missing his helmet, and his face had turned black and was ripped open. A stab wound in the torso with black circles surrounding the wounds, the blackness seemingly spreading throughout the body.
The unnerving sensation he got from the black infections reminded him of back in the castle, when he caught Ansem infront of the mirror. What had the summoning turned him into? It seemed so sinister. So dark....

Perry shoved his worries to the side. He needed to clean this mess up and look for valueables. None of the soldiers seemed to hold anything significant so he just saved some of the weaponry and armour, and started dragging the bodies of the soldiers towards the cliff.
He looked down the cliff's edge, the raging river down below looking smaller than a creek. A solemn look befell on his face as he thought back about how the soldiers earlier threw one of his comrades down here.
Spont was dead, but maybe his remains could be found down there somewhere.... How would this world deal with their deaths anyway? Would they just get sent back to their homes or would they really.... Better not try and find out for aslong as he could.

With a deep sigh, Perry picked up the first soldier and flung the motionless corpse down the cliff. One after another, he saw the bodies fall like ragdolls into the river, instantly sinking to the bottom and washing away from existence.

The armour and weaponry were heavy to carry, so he dragged it over the ground behind him and threw them in the middle of the group for anyone to grab anything they needed. Swords, helmets, armourplates. They might have been from the enemy, but Perry grabbed one of the shoulderplates and put it over the leather one he already carried, covering his entire left shoulder and upper arm and a small portion of his chest. Looking like an evil goat overlord, Perry turned to the rest of the group.
"Anyone grab whatever you might find usefull. As we dutch say, One guys death is another man's bread....", realizing how odd that sounded in english he shrugged it off. "As weird as that sounds..."
As he grabbed one of the Halberds, he heard avalanche behind him.
"Where did you get those?", he asked the obvious.
"From the dead guys.", Perry replied simply.
"That's disgusting...."
Perry turned around to his companion that was resting against a rock and whirled his halberd through the air like a skilled fighter and grinned slightly, before falling on the ground next to Av.
"Hey, an axe is an axe is an axe is an axe.", he said smiling.
"True that..."
, Avalanche said. "I'm just glad we survived."
It was obvious the white mage was exhausted. Whatever he had done back there apparently took alot of energy out of him.
Perry leaned the halberd against his shoulder and relaxed a bit.
"Maybe you need to take a mana potion", he said jokingly.
"And where do you suppose we can find a random blue liquid in a bottle around here?"
"I don't know... kill a smurf?"
, perry laughed.
"Goddammit, perry..."

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Avalanche groaned. He sank down on the ground and felt a shiver. He hardly ever paid attention to rpg battles. This was so real. The soldiers aiming arrows at him really tried to kill him. Meneon really wanted to shatter his ribs with that rock.
He carefully touched his chest and cringed. A major bruising and perhaps even a broken rib. Healing magic seemed to be effective for all sorts of things, but right now he was out of juice. He would have to bear with his bruised ribs for a moment, and hoped they would get in Highland soon.
It felt light, not having any energy left. Almost as if he was floating.

However, he got put down to earth pretty soon. Spont was really very fucking dead, and Raya ordered Perry and Snake to toss the bodies of the cliff. Avalanche shivered seeing the blood they left behind. He then turned to Vandir as he tried to get up.
”I suggest you stay down.” Avalanche said. ”I have only closed the wounds. I am not sure how long it will hold.”
Vandir grunted annoyed.”The priority is to get you to Highland…..I’ll just stretch my legs for a bit and we’ll be on our way.”
Avalanche sighed but was thankful. If not for his kind words prior to the battle, he may not have held it together on the battlefield. And looking at the bloodstains on everyone, he doubt he would have.
Perry approached Avalanche, carrying a Halberd and wearing a familiar looking black shoulderpiece.
”Where did you get that?
Perry shrugged.”From the dead guys.”
“That’s disgusting.”
“An axe is a axe is an ax is an axe.”
Perry smiled.
”True that” Avalanche sighed tired. ”I’m just glad we survived.”
“Maybe you should take a mana potion?”
“And where, pre tell, do you suppose we can find a bottle of blue liquid around here?”
“I don’t know….Kill a smurf?”
“…………..goddamnit Perry”
Avalanche couldn’t help but snicker.

With pain in his ribs Avalanche got up, supporting himself on his staff and walked over to Raya, who appeared to have isolated herself from the group.
”Are you holding up alright?” Avalanche asked slightly concerned.
”I could ask the same. Meneon seemed to land a critical there.” Raya said.
”I think I’ll be fine. As soon as I get my strength back I’ll heal myself up.”
Raya looked grim for a moment.”I hope you’ll be ready to go. It’s a very basic strategy; if the enemy knows where you are then don’t be there."
Avalanche smiled and made a saluting gesture.” Yes ma’am. And what about you? You holding up alright?"
Raya’s voice disappeared for a moment and she looked in the distance.”We lost Spont Avalanche….."
Avalanche felt his stomach go in a very uncomfortable knot as Raya made him recall the mental images of the beheaded little robot. He looked at the ground, not knowing what to say.”We……we didn’t know what we were up against. Now we know who the enemy is we can prevent this.”
There was a awkward silence between the two. As Raya finally turned around, Avalanche saw something strange about her. Her eyes not as warm as they were before the battle, but a little hardened.
”Try to catch your breath.” she said. ”I’ll be giving marching orders shortly.”

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Spont felt piercing pain all over his body. He had felt it for a while now and was almost used to the feeling. He opened his eyes slowly.
It was dark and damp. Silence had fallen.

"Uh", Spont said into the shadows, opening his mouth for a bit. To Spont's surprise he heard his own voice instead of the robotic grumble he had used for a while. "Hello?"
The darkness didn't answer.
"Anyone there?" Spont's voice was weak and silent. He tried to shout as hard as he could, but it didn't help. It was as if the darkness itself was swallowing his cries for help.

So this is Game Over, Spont thought. Huh. I wonder if I have to...'insert coin' or something.
Spont tried to move his arm. Soon he noticed the task to be quite hard as he didn't feel his arm at all.
Or I'm dead for real. That works too.
Spont sighed. So this was it. No heaven. No hell. No New Game Plus. Just a vision of blackness and the last things you felt in your mind haunting you for eternity.
It could have been worse, though. I could have died in a really humiliating way. Like microwaving a frying pan while drunk.

Time passed. Sometimes it felt like Spont's mind had wandered in the afterlife for years, sometimes it felt like he had just appeared. It wasn't easy to say as there was no way to count the passage of time. There was only silence for a long while.
I wonder what I did wrong, Spont thought. I had a perfect strategy and all. It's just one of these stupid JRPG's where you fight with numbers.

"Fuck numbers", Spont said aloud. It felt good. He smiled or at least would have smiled if he had felt his mouth.
That was a bit tough for a first group of enemies. This game's balancing is ass.

"There's no real balance in this world, my friend!", a voice spoke from the darkness.
It took a few seconds for Spont to realise it wasn't his own voice.
"What."

"You're thinking of this like some sort of a video game, boy!" the voice said. There was something wrong with the voice and it was like it hadn't spoken in a while. The lack of people or weird fantasy creatures to talk to had certainly made this lone resident of the afterlife appreciate a good talk. The voice was very cheery and excited, but under the cheeriness Spont could hear that this voice didn't belong to a human being.

"Who the fuck are you."

"Interesting question, Sponty." The voice had a quick laugh that sounded like a dying squirrel. "He he he. I can call you Sponty, can I not?"

"No", Spont answered flatly. "Shut up and let me enjoy my afterlife."
The disembodied voice from the darkness had a laugh again.
"Partner. What makes you think you're dead?"

Spont was trying to come up with an answer. He couldn't think of anything to say. Then again, he didn't feel he had any need to answer.
As Spont was trying to come up with a witty sarcastic answer, something ripped through the darkness. A blinding mass of white filled Spont's eyes for longer than he could tolerate. He couldn't still see anything, but now it also hurt. Spont was preparing to say his favorite swear word, but followed his newly found instinct and left the perkele unsaid.
The white light started to fade. Suddenly, Spont could see. He saw a ceiling of white. It took a while, but Spont slowly regained his sense of touch and quickly found out he was lying on a cold white floor. Spont stood up. He noticed he was no longer a robotic being and looked around, only to see white all around him.

Something walked into Spont's field of vision. He wasn't exactly sure what it was.
It was the size of a human being. It was exactly the same size as Spont himself. It wore a nice black suit and a red tie and it had a rather stylish black top hat on its head. However, this humanoid being had no face. Where the face should have been there was only white. A blank slate.
The faceless being walked towards Spont, knocking rhytmically at the ground with the tall cane it was holding in its left hand. It walked until it was right in front of Spont's face and it seemed like the being was staring at him. There were no eyes, but it was staring.

A mouth appeared in the suited being's blank face. It smiled a toothy grin.
"Hellooooooo." This being had spoken to Spont from the darkness. Spont didn't know what to say.

"What in the hell are you?" Spont asked with a touch of hesitation and anger in his voice.
The being smirked and chuckled softly. It put one of its hands into the pocket of its jacket. The faceless thing seemed to dig through the pocket for a long while until it pulled its hand out, now holding a pair of dice. One was black and with white dots, one was white with black dots. The being held both in its fist and shook its hand aggressively. In a second it dropped both on the pure white ground of this room. Both Spont and the faceless being stared at the dice rolling on the ground intently.

"SIX!" the faceless being screamed happily while holding onto its top hat with both hands. "And...ooooooooone." The being's voice slowed down like a worn out video tape.
Spont was utterly confused. "What...does that mean?"
The faceless humanoid smiled broadly. "Six and one. I'm God and you're dead. Welcome to the Paradise, son."
Spont didn't know what to say.

"Okay, I'm just fucking with you", the being said before bursting into laughter. "Here, let's try again."
The being pulled out another pair of dice and threw them on the ground. "A pair of threes!" it shouted excitedly. Spont gave the faceless creature a strange look again.
"What the hell are you?"
"Three and three. I am the Dungeon Master. Roll the action dice to continue."

"...what."

"Never mind. Just kidding again."

And thus the faceless thing threw another pair of dice.
"Seven and fourteen. I am a robot from the future, sent to protect you from other robots from the future."

Spont was getting tired. He grabbed the suited tabula rasa by its shoulders and frowned.
"I just got summoned into a video game. I just died. I don't want this shit in my afterlife. Who. The hell. Are you."

The faceless being laughed again. "You aren't listening. Who told you you were dead?"
Spont's eyes widened. He wasn't sure what to believe.
"Let me repeat. Who the hell are you."
The white grin on the suited being's blank face widened to beyond the impossible. It put one of its hands into the pocket of its jacket once again. The being brought its hand right in front of Spont's face and opened its clenched fist. There were once again two dice, white and black, but neither of the dice had any spots to mark the numbers.

"Who do you want me to be?"

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Snake grabbed the body of Meneon and, with the help of Perry, tossed it over the edge.

"Guys." He spoke out. "It is very important that I go down there. I need to go see the body. You guys go on without me, I will catch up."

Snake glanced around at everyone and backed up toward the ledge.

"No." Raya said, quickly, and forcefully. "We can't afford to lose time. Spont is dead. And if you try to scale that mountain, you could die too. There is no reason to risk that, and hurt the team."

Snake looked at her and smiled. "Just try and stop me." With that, he vanished. Ansem and Td Ran forward to grab him, but where he once stood, there was only a breeze. Ansem looked over the edge.

"Some gravel came loose a few meters down. That must be him. Anyone want fish him up?"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Damn...
TD sat with his back against a rock, feeling completely drained, staring at the blood on his sword.
I... I just killed someone... How did I get through that without being killed? All I remember is time slowing down... but time can't do that, right? I must have sped up... but that can't be right either- Minby's the fast one. I'm not fast...
TD stood up, a dejected look on his face.
And then there's poor Spont... He was a robot...
Punching the rock, he grimaced.
I could have helped him... before, at least. but now... he's at the bottom of a ravine, in a billion little pieces where I can't get to him, and snake went down after him. If I had only fought better, I could have reached them in time. I could have saved him. WHY AM I SO USELESS?
TD straightened up, shaking his head.
No... no, there was nothing I can do... I can't fight any better than the people who were around him, and if they couldn't save him...
but why can't I shake this feeling of guilt?

Trudging back towards the main group, he seemed to droop.
Marching... and I'm exhausted. I wish I could sleep and walk at the same time...
"Come on, people! 10 minutes is plenty of rest for anyone!"
Vandir, despite his mortal wounds a few minutes ago, was still shouting orders at the rest of the "champions", who by this point looked very much like a group of bedraggled, hurt and depressed teenagers. Regardless, they began to prepare themselves for the long march ahead.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:50 pm

...bump...bump...bump...bump...

This sound...this feeling...Fedaykin didn't dare opening his eyes. Strange...he felt something, that he never thought he'd...slowly, with caution, he raised his awkwardly warm feeling hand to his throat...

"I HAVE A HEARTBEAT!" With this scream on his lips, the champion opened his eyes and jumped on his feet without realising, that he had been lieing on some kind of floor. He looked at his hands, down his body and was in for the next shock. He was wearing a white shirt, white trousers, white shoes... the sterile white of medicine, his work uniform. His arms and hands had a healthy colour, he could feel the blood pumping inside them. A realisation dawned, all that horrible stuff...clearly, that had been some kind of a weird dream, probably induced by the fumes of the desinfection spray. "Gotta tell my boss, that something's wrong with that", he mumbled, then looked around "...where the fuck am I?"

This place didn't look like anything Fedaykin had ever seen. In fact, you could hardly call it a place. The floor seemed to be made out of grey marble, like that desk his former neighbour had. Structurwise, that was basically it. The floor went forever in every direction, fading into total blackness. There was no such thing as a ceiling, nor a source of light, but yet, Fed had no problems with his vision. Turning around and around, there was nothing to be seen. "What is this place? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" The desparation in his voice would have been palpable for everybody, if there had been someone else there.

In the very same moment, lightning struck. About 30 meters in front of Fed, an explosion had blasted a huge hole into the ground. The lightning had cought the Austrian by surprise. Blinking, he stood there, not noticing a strange black and brown mist emerging from the opening. They acted like sentient entitites, approaching their target from the left and the right, approaching in a wide arc. Sensing Fedaykin's weekness, they accelerated. Now or never.

The temporaly blinded man heard loud, hissing noices...he regained his eyesight the second the mists reached and engulfed him. The sense of shock and pain was almost unbearable. The fogs creeped into Fed's mouth and nostrils, choking him and yet somehow not there at all. Flashes of memories, old and new, exploded inside him...

"Remember, I graduated magna cum laudae back then... all the others were jealous, but I...""Oh nonsense! Look here, look at that woman... such a sweet girl, wasting her time with that stupid ape... the fun I could...""Go away, that is not me. Aaaahhh, here, my precious studies... I was always intruiged by those Liches, see... undead, but yet their own masters...""Aaaah, the mysteries of the leylines... so simple, once you know, where to look and how to operate them... remember, when I...""I...must...not...give...in...""Cut the crap, I know, this is me... I'll never forget kissing...""Larissa, so beautiful, if I had the opportunity... the Dark One had promised..."

It seemed to go on forever. The stronger the emotions connected with the memory, the more it took a hold on Fedaykin's soul, slowly disintegrating him in the process. As he faded into nothing, the mists reformed the missing body parts in their own image...

"I remember...how my grandfather died...I was at work, when my mother called... the feeling...to have wasted that chance in the morning...of saying I love him..." The mists were taken by surprise, as they met resistance. A small part of them vented outside of Fed, him regaining a bit of himself. "Losing my best friend because of something totally unnecessary..." More vapors leaving... "The feeling to be accepted, the joy of training with my newfound friends...the selfesteem peaking... "Nooo...that is not...supposed to...happen..."

"I have killed...the man, who's sole purpose is to save lives, KILLED... I WAS UNABLE TO SAVE MY FRIEND!!!" With an outcry, Fedaykin snapped back into existance. The mists surrounded him, but were stunned, not daring to move, as he collapsed in agony, sobbing, tears running down his cheeks like rivers. Spont had done the right thing, not giving in, not succumbing to the powers claiming us. He had been the better ma...being. Not a pansey like him, who had to fear the helbard far less then anyone else of the group. He could have done something, but he had waited. Spont on the other hand had taken no shit from Meneon...

Fedaykin fondly regarded his memories regarding the cursing robot. He had brought enormous amounts of positive energy to their little community. Fed chuckled, as he remembered the shenangians of Spont Mode Go or the countless other things, that had made him giggle. A warm feeling filled him...

Ligtning struck again, twice. Where the mists have been, were now two large tubes, each filled with a fog. Something had changed... there was a face flashing and vanishing in each of them... The black one remined him of a mask of terror, as it saw something with orange eyes leaping at him... while the other bore an expresson of surprise and pain, as a huge battleaxe crushed his fragile body...

Fedaykin understood.

Last edited by Fedaykin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Ansem looked up to the sky. The sun was still shining bright, stupid big fire ball. The light was blinding. Not literally, but it was pretty damn bright. Snake came back, brushing some rubble of his shoulder. He managed to pick up a few cogs, some voiced their opinion, saying it was weird/disrespectful to Spont, but Snake being Snake, he brushed it off, saying he had some crazy good ideas. Ansem didn't listen, nor pay attention at all. The sun was like a big light bulb. If only he could just unscrew it. But it stayed there. Watching them. Vandir slowly standing up, looking around. Raya silently watching everyone, still exhausted from her 1 vs 1 with Meneon, and Fedaykin, still laying there. Maybe....maybe he could. His thoughts were interrupted by Avalanche.

"Hey man, we're going to move again, you ok?"

"yeah...yeah i'm fine, lemme check on Fed for one second."

Avalanche mumbled an Ok, but Ansem wasn't listening. He was concentrating. The puzzle thing had nothing to do with the Taint. At least, he didn't think it did. It didn't feel like black stuff. It felt like, a mind transfer, or something. Like when you see yourself for a split-second, then return to your body, something like that. Ansem sat down and crossed his legs in front of Fed, and rested his right hand on his head, closing his eyes. Mind transfer, mind transfer....

60 pins, 20 holes. Too much to count, he knew it when he entered, he noticed that much. The pins were different, complexer. They were tied to strings, which were tied to other pins. Some white, some brownish, some black. Each pin connected to 2 other pins. One of each colour. Weird stuff. Some were inserted, others lay around. He wanted to move them, but a nagging feeling kept him in check. What if he screwed Fed over with that, made him go peanut banana crazy all the time or something. Slowly, he took out one black pin, and replaced with a white one. There were still 2 other black pins, 4 brown pins. The rest was empty or white. 9 whites. now 10. Suddenly, pain. Anger. Screams. Release.

Gasping for air, Ansem opened his eyes. At the same time, fed opened his.
"Ansem...what happened, did you...why were you..."
"Doesn't matter, does it? You're awake, we need to move, can you walk?"
"Yeh, i'll manage."

"Come on ladies, let's get a move on. It's not far now."

The group came together and walked at a slow but steady pace on the mountain trails. Some looked down from time to time, shivering at the altitude. All in all, the walk seemed longer than it actually was. The sun was about to set as the stepped on the grassy fields at the foot of the mountain.
"Allright, we need to meet...Oh, that works."
The soldier straightened his back as a group of 5 humans and five dwarfs approached the champions. The wore heavy armor, and each of them had a tabard and a shield with a Mountain crest on it.
"They bear the crest of highland, my old home. This is our welcome party, look lively ladies."
"I wish he'd stop calling us ladies..." Snake said. "makes me wanna punch him in the nutts."

"Good to see you Sir. We're here to escort you to the Generals Dartyk and Moredain. Where's Meneon?"
"We had a little trouble with that one, we'll explain it on the way."
"As you wish Sir. Follow me."

After another hour walking, the sun was setting, as the group walked into something that could be described as a military camp. Soldiers were polishing armor and swords, doing marches, blacksmiths were forging new weapons, and a few healers were tending to a group of wounded soldiers. The escort group led Vandir and the rest to a large tent in the middle of the camp. Inside stood a large round table with a Map spread across it. At the table stood a few men, 2 wearing armor that obviously pinned them as the leaders of at least this tent. Vandir saluted at the Man and Dwarf and introduced the Champions. The Generals saluted back, and the man began speaking.
"My name is Dartyk, this is my fellow general Moredain, We're in charge of the border security. I will keep this brief. The Duke in Morgalor has made a decree, he wants to ally himself with Wyndia, we need all the help we can get at the border if we want to save Worrent. We need to make a break, and we're doing it tonight. We need your help at the battlefield. You champions are supposed to save us all, you'd better prove it there. If we can get trough the enemy lines, we can establish a fortified position in the hills of Worrent, and from there we can advance further. If you help us break trough, i'll notify the Duke, and the allying with Wyndia can begin. Agreed?"

Before any of the heroes could say anything, Vandir barked: "Yes Sir! We'll march with you!"
"Capital! We leave at nightfall for the border with our fresh troops. Wash up, get any wounds you have healed and prepare for battle. Dismissed."
A little stumped, our heroes (gheh, unforgotten realms is fun) exit the tent. Ansem immediately voiced his opinion.
"What the hell Vandir, what makes you think we agree with that? You want us to die at that border fight or something? We just survived a fight, and you want to throw us in another one? Give us a break!"
Vandir frowned at the rant, then calmly replied.
"I know its tough, but you'd better get used to this, since you will be fighting almost everyday from now on, the army is everywhere. But you survived, yes. You did a great job, all of you. Not only did you survive, you stuck together, worked like a team, and without my help. You'll be fine, and besides, i'm there too, as well as every soldier in this camp. We'll make it. Now, go do as the General said, prepare. I'll be washing myself and visiting a healer, i'll see you when we go to march."
With those words, Vandir left, leaving the rest of the group standing outside the large tent.

Last edited by Ansem on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as an apology.)

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Meanwhile...

Far, far to the south, in the blasted remains of what used to be Mousillon, the Army stood waiting.

The sky was choked with thick tumult clouds, the weak sun pitifully attempting to break through and illuminate the dull gloom beneath. The entire force of the Army had gathered, battalion after battalion, the ravaged plain transformed into a rolling sea of shining black armour stretching almost to the far horizon. At the head of every unit hung a banner, each depicting the symbol of the coiled black dragon breathing flames of blood red. Countless thousands upon thousands of soldiers stood silently, waiting, staring at the great mountains that formed the impenetrable barrier between the North and Southlands.

At their head stood four figures, a respectable distance apart, waiting patiently.

The first was a dignified man, perhaps in his forties, the first streaks of grey appearing in his neat, ordered hair. He had the aura of a commander, a dangerous fighter who brook no weakness from himself or others, one who demanded total obedience.

The second was a stunning woman, her long golden tresses cascading down her voluptuous frame. What little armour she wore served only to accentuate and highlight her ample curves. Yet her beauty was marred by the undeniable hard lines of cruelty etched into every angle of her face.

The third was a hulking demon, standing head and shoulders above the rest. His powerful frame was encased in massive full plate armour, thick muscles bunching like cords of rope beneath his scaled skin. Wisps of sulphur poured from his jaws as he stamped and pawed the ground in murderous frustration.

The fourth was a wizened man, body warped from decades of abusing the darkest arts, leaning heavily on his decorated staff. And yet he moved with an unnatural vigour, a grace no man of his stature should have ever possessed. His eyes glittered with ferocious deviance, a smug half-smile tugging his thin lips.

They waited. At first it began as a tremor, the faint vibrations reaching their feet. Gradually the ground began to shiver, began to shake, and from the foot of the mountains he emerged.

The thick black stain spread across the horizon like oil, seeping outwards like bile from a gangrenous wound. It grew in size, in definition, until the thousand strong honour guard could be clearly seen, polearms borne aloft in a threatening display. They marched in perfect unison, not a step out of place, the ground beneath shuddering at their impact. And at their head...

He rose high above the masses, his palanquin borne on the back of a hundred broken slaves. Seated on his black onyx throne came the great monster, the conqueror of the Southlands, the scourge of the City States, the merciless black dragon who devoured all before him- the High Commander of the Nameless Army.

From head to foot he was clad in impenetrable obsidian armour, the ornate patterns and designs hurting the eye that looked upon it. Gauntleted hands, tipped with razor talons, curled obscenely around the arm rests of his decadent throne. His skull was encased by an immense helmet, drawn into an elongated visage reminiscent of draconic head, two spiralling horns acting as a counterbalance. His very aura reeked of malevolence, his frame seemingly devouring the light around him.

The host came to a halt before the Army, the four figures immediately dropping to their knees in a gesture of servitude. Behind them the soldiers followed suit, an endless wave of submission rippling across the Army's vast expanse.

The High Commander raised a clawed hand, his voice a deep, sibilant hiss.

"Arise, my Generals. Arise, and give your report."

The four got to their feet, respectably keeping their eyes averted to the ground. It was the dignified man who spoke first.

"Sir, we have secured Mousillon as you so commanded. We are completely unopposed. Our forces have also taken the Worent capital and we are currently in the process of establishing several garrisons there. A few rebel groups still persist, but we perceive they will be eliminated in due course."

"Excellent. Excellent. I am pleased to hear of your successes. It would not do for my Generals to fail me in their tasks."

A collective shudder passed through the four.

"I see, however, that you have not reported that which I wish to hear."

"My lord," spoke the twisted man "We have scoured both of the capitals. There has been no trace of what you seek. I personally have seen no evidence. I believe it does not lie in Mousillon nor Worent."

There was a rasping sound akin to a snake coiling back on itself as the High Commander drummed his fingers in annoyance. The Generals steadfastly kept their eyes trained on the ground, each praying that it would the others who felt his wrath. They were all keenly aware of what had happened to their predecessors.

In a lightning-quick movement the Commander was on his feet and the four instinctively flung themselves to their knees, expecting a strike that never came. He threw his arm wide, his cape lashing behind him like a daemonic shadow.

"Enough! I know it lies within the Northlands, and I shall not be denied of my prize!" he pointed to the first man. "Victor, you shall secure my power base in Worent. Continue the assault on Highland's borders and test the defences of Treyfeld's."

He pointed to the woman "Dunya, you shall take your forces to Sylvania. The fae are proud and arrogant. You shall launch a surprise attack and overrun them in a day."

He pointed to the demon "Nimisch, you shall march north and wage war on Leknaat. I'm sure you shall find destroying their paladins and priests most entertaining."

He pointed to the wizened man "Ernstrad, you shall remain in Mousillon. Rebuild my forces and gather reinforcements."

He returned to his throne, the great horned head sweeping down their line. Though his eyes could not be seen behind that twisted countenance, it was clear to all that his gaze was burning through them "The one who finds me my prize shall be rewarded beyond imagining. Those who fail shall answer to me. Now, begone. Do as I command."

The ground shook and rumbled as the honour guard turned and marched back towards the mountains. The four dared not raise their heads until the dark stain had long since disappeared over the horizon.

As one, the Generals stood and turned to face their troops. The endless waves of soldiers, totally obedient, totally devoted to their cause, stood silent and impassive, awaiting their orders.

Here lay the doom of the Northlands. Here lay the doom of all.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:00 pm

As soon as Vandir went in the tent people started to converse. Avalanche could hardly follow it all, but felt none of them seemed happy with fighting this soon after the encounter with Meneon.
Avalanche laid a hand on his chest. Still sore from the impact.”Fuck……this hurts…..I wonder if it would have gone right trough me if I didn’t have that shield….”

Requiem looked at Avalanche, looked hesitant for a moment, and decided to ask.”You okay Avalanche?”
Avalanche looked up.”I’m okay….I think catching that rock with my chest wasn’t the brightest thing to do…..live and learn.”
“I’m pretty sure we walked past some healers in camp.”

Avalanche looked surprised.”There are other healers here? I do want to ask them about heali—FUCK! Avalanche bit his lip as his rib started to feel like a dagger was poking him just for giggles. ”I think I could use a healer now yeah”
Requiem pointed to the left of the tent they were standing at.”somewhere there I believe.”
Avalanche nodded and smiled before looking for the healers.”Thanks Requiem.”

Avalanche stumbled trough camp, observing the wizards and the knights. They looked so much more experienced and matured then their ragtag team of champions. It made Avalanche feel so small in comparison.
The medical tent was filled with heavily injured people. A man in a white robe and staff stood over a man who was totally maimed. Avalanche shivered as he saw part of his left arm and leg were ripped off, and decided not to bother that mage with questions. Instead, he stopped another man in white doctor like clothes.
”Excuse me” Avalanche said, staying polite, ”Do you happen to know any healing magic?”
The man laughed.”Only Monta here knows healing magic. And he’s kinda busy…..The poor sap he’s healing got targeted by a scout group of the dark army. ”
“That’s a pity”
said Avalanche visibly disappointed.
”Are you injured somewhere?”
“A earthmage launched a rock against my chest….I fear a rib might be broken.

The doctor started softly poking his chest. If he wasn’t a doctor it would have been bad touch, but Avalanche didn’t want to be dead weight during the oncoming battle.
”I think I can fix you up……” said the doctor poking the rib as Avalanche cringed painfully.”I’ll get my tools.”
“Tools?”

The doctor grabbed a knife, forceps some herbs and tools Avalanche couldn’t recognize from the table. Avalanche turned white, never having been operated before and not very fond of the idea of doing it without anesthetic.
”Y-You know what? I think I got a better idea…” Avalanche said.
The doctor looked slightly surprised as Avalanche laid down on a hospital bed.
”Please work, please work, please work….
”There we go”.
Avalanche wanted to jump up, feeling pretty rejuvenated, but his rib was still aching. Avalanche groaned frustrated, but wondered if the rejuvenation also recovered his abilities.
As Avalanche laid his hands on his rib again they gave off a faint glow. It clearly wasn’t as powerful as it was when healing Vandir. Maybe he was just tired, or maybe he needed the pressure to perform better. Regardless he was slowly healing himself.
The doctor and even the white mage looked up in awe as Avalanche finished and thanked them for using their bed.

Avalanche then proceeded to wander around the camp aimlessly, wandering if he’d encounter any of his friends..

Last edited by King Avalanche on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Requiem frowned leaning against the cornerpost of the tent "Typical military" He growled in annoyance. He despised the military. Everybody he'd known from his old life that had joined the military had come back different, and he didn't appreciate it. No, he despised practically every military out there. Reaching into his pocket, Requiem pulled out his deck of cards. He shuffled them quickly and pulled the top card off. "Tch." He flipped the card around and placed it back into the deck. The King of Hearts, also known as the Suicide King. Not a good sign.

As he looked up he heard someone say something ”Fuck……this hurts…..I wonder if it would have gone right trough me if I didn’t have that shield….” It seemed to have come from Avalanche, and he looked pretty busted up, although he knew why, rocks hurt, and one's thrown at you with magick couldn't possibly have felt all that great. After a moment's hesitation, he walked over.

"You ok Avalanche?" He asked slowly. He wasn't quite used to talking to the others, and he felt out of place, still if he needed help, he knew that they would be there for him, so he needed to be there for them.
Avalanche looked up, a mixture of surprise and pain on his face. He didn't exactly expect the reclusive newbie to come and talk to him "I’m okay….I think catching that rock with my chest wasn’t the brightest thing to do…..live and learn" He said, nonchalantly.
Requiem nodded momentarily "I'm pretty sure we walked past some healers in camp" He told his ally, who suddenly seemed much more interested.
”There are other healers here? I do want to ask them about heali—FUCK!" He grunted in pain, glaring at his side as though it were playing a cruel prank on him "I think I could use a healer now yeah”
Requiem paused a moment, trying to reassess his bearings, and decide which direction the healers tent was. After a moment he nodded "Somewhere over there I believe" He said pointing off over to a group of tents seperated from the others.
With a smile and a nod, Avalanche moved out towards the tents, turning momentarily and calling out "Thanks Requiem."
Requiem nodded silently in response and waved him off, turning back to the corner post of the tent and closing his eyes. "Maybe things won't be so bad after all" He murmered, thinking back to the card. It was a bad omen sure, but it could also be a simple chance that he drew it, people always did tell him he was a bit too supersticious for his own good.

Opening his eyes he decided that he'd just have to improve. To do so, he decided to find somebody who was good with a sword and see about getting some training in. It would be the first step for him in improving himself. Outloud he called out to the other champions "Hey, any of you guys feel up to trying to train me with a sword?"

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Snake walked around the site until he found an empty tent. He sneaked in, and took a seat in an old velvet chair. He looked around, to see that it was a nice living quarters. This is just like an RPG. I think? If this is anything like games, I wonder if we can..... Snake walked up to a nice chest sitting in the corner. He opened it to see that it looked black and void. Empty. He reached his hands in and....

You found Steel Arm plates! You found Arrow heads!

"...Groovy..."

From the sounds of it, someone was approaching. Snake did what he does best, and got the fuck out of there.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top