Bloodline Champions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bloodline Champions

Post  Warchamp7 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Bloodline Champions features team-based arena-style gameplay where the player chooses a character of a certain type (the type is referred to as a bloodline, while individuals are champions) and battles against other players' champions. There are four categories of bloodlines: melee attack, ranged attack, healer, and tank. There are currently 20 bloodlines, with five in each category. Each bloodline has seven abilities, each of which has its own cooldown, as well as triggering short global cooldowns. The seventh ability is an ultimate ability that may only be used after using a sufficient number of abilities successfully, such as healing allies, damaging enemies, and otherwise helping your team, in order to fill an energy meter. Champions also have HP (Health Points)—when the champion runs out of HP, the champion dies, removing it from combat. Each champion also has two items that grant additional abilities. The Bloodline Medallion allows a champion to recover an increasing amount of HP over a period of time and Resurrect revives nearby fallen teammates. Both items require a significant amount of uninterrupted time to prepare, which makes them impractical in immediate combat.

The controls in Bloodline Champions are similar to a first-person shooter, as the bloodline's movement is controlled using the W, A, S, and D keys. The primary two abilities are mapped to the left and right mouse buttons, and the rest of the abilities are used with the Q, E, R, F, and space keys. Almost all the abilities are aimed, where the direction of the ability is determined by the position of the cursor on the screen relative to the champion's position. A few defensive abilities are directed by hovering the cursor on the desired recipient, and some abilities target a specific location on the playing field. Bloodline Champions also features fog of war which represents the areas of the map which cannot be seen due to visual obstruction or distance. There are obstacles on the map which create fog of war and inhibit movement. Champions have their own collision, which can be used to inhibit movement and protect allies (for example a tank bloodline will have a larger collision size, making it easier to defend teammates by blocking fire, but also being more susceptible to focus fire). In Bloodline Champions there are no critical hits, minimum or maximum damage, or other random elements.

Hijacked from Wikipedia cause I'm too lazy to type out something similar. This game is really fun and is currently in open beta. It will also remain free to play when it releases.

You can check it out here
http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/home.php

I'm Warchamp7 on there, just like everywhere

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bloodline Champions

Post  SurgePox on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:48 am

The controls in Bloodline Champions are similar to a first-person shooter, as the bloodline's movement is controlled using the W, A, S, and D keys
The similarities seem to end there.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:54 am

Well it says the controls, which in reality they are. You move with WASD, aim everything with the cursor (As well as an option for the camera to follow your cursor, which is much better than having it follow your character) and you cast spells with the mouse buttons along with Q E R and Space.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:58 pm

I can read, I saw that. Having keys bound to attacks doesn't really make me think "Oh, awesome, just like a First-person Shooter."

Anyways watched a gameplay video, not my cup of tea, but I imagine at least a few people here might be into it.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:57 am

Game was launched a week or so ago

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-launch-bloodline-champions/709459

Free to play so check it out sometime

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm

I had completely missed this thread. I know some of the people who made this game. It started as a school project.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Sahrimnir wrote:I had completely missed this thread. I know some of the people who made this game. It started as a school project.

Indeed it did. How well do you know them?

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:38 am

Warchamp7 wrote:
Sahrimnir wrote:I had completely missed this thread. I know some of the people who made this game. It started as a school project.

Indeed it did. How well do you know them?
Well, we're not BFFs, but I've talked to and partied with them on a number of occasions.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Wed May 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Game is still free, and all Bloodlines are available until Monday, instead of the usual 4 total weekly rotation.

Now's the best time to give the game a try.

https://register.funcom.com/recruit/bloodline/21/1498320760
*Yes, this is a referral link, it's new and you will receive coins if you register through a referral link.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top