In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room - Page 5 Empty Re: In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Post  Perry on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Community is pretty neat. Though now with season 4 it's been getting rather more and more ridiculous. As Abed himself said in one of the episodes "I remember this being about college."

Still loving it though. The absurdity brings amusement.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room - Page 5 Empty Re: In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:08 pm

TheTJ wrote:I enjoy community.

Inspector Spacetime is my favourite show within a show.

Of course it is.

The stop-motion episode where Abed discovers the meaning of Christmas is where I got up to, it's pretty amazing (I've seen the season two finale though).
Doctor Shulk
Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Saw the final ever episode of Being Human last night.

It feels like the end of an era. I suppose it is. I've watched Being Human since the very beginning. I watched the pilot when it first aired in February 2008 and I was one of the many who wrote to the BBC singing its praises and begging for a full series. Now we're having to say goodbye to the characters we love and spent so much time with. It's sad, but they got a good send off.

As series 5 started I wasn't too impressed, as you could tell the BBC's decision to make it the final series got sprung on the writers at the last minute. Originally Rook, head of what is essentially the British MIB, was supposed to be the villain, but as it's the final series they went all the way and had the villain be the ultimate evil instead: the Devil himself, trapped in a mortal body. Rook got demoted to a secondary character. Every now and then you get glimpses of what was originally planned and realise what an amazing antagonist he would have been. Sigh. Saying that the Devil was a pretty effective villain because he really was a nasty piece of work. I admit, I screamed "NO!!!" at one point over something he did.

The final episode really did the characters justice. The thing with Being Human is that you come for the supernaturals and stay for the characters. I honestly think the episode had some of the most powerful scenes of the entire show. The Devil tempts all of the characters and offers them what they most desire: Hal is taken back to the 16th century and gets the chance to never become a vampire, Alex is alive again and with her family, Tom is no longer a werewolf and is with his soulmate. The scenes of all three of them being tempted with the one thing they would do anything for, and all of them turning it down so they can save everyone else...it was incredibly effecting.

Oh, and the very final scene is already causing a massive shitstorm of conspiracy theories:

Spoiler:
The series ends with Hal, Alex and Tim sitting on the sofa watching TV. The camera pans across the mantlepiece and you see an item representing each of the main characters. There's Mitchell's gloves, George's Star of David, Annie's teapot, Nina's ultrasound scan, Eve's bib, Hal's domino, Alex's phone number, Tom's stake...and the origami wolf made by the Devil in Tom's temptation.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

Either the Devil was never truely destroyed...or this 'happy ending' isn't real. It's another dreamworld the Devil trapped them in whilst he unleashes the apocalypse. Deep down I think it's the latter. But personally...I hope it's the former. I want them all to get the happy ending they deserved. As much as I like sad endings I don't want this to be one, I care for the characters too much ;_;

So farewell to a brilliant and much loved show. I hope they continue the universe with books or comics. Or maybe the BBC will like my idea of a RPG, who knows~

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.
Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 pm

So recently I've really got into BBC's Sherlock.

Aww yeah, who's excited?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Hey, hey Raya.

RDJ is a better Sherlock.Tee hee.

I can't wait for the Fall to started up. All at once I will have Bones, Hannibal, and The Following going on.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:46 pm

This was driving around London today:

In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room - Page 5 Enhanced-buzz-11543-1385723619-25

New Years Day is the date for the new series of Sherlock! Yesssss.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm

I just finished Breaking Bad.

I feel empty inside.
Easily one of my top three TV shows, ever.

... my baby blue...
Spontaneous Combustion
Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next