In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Post  Perry on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Community is pretty neat. Though now with season 4 it's been getting rather more and more ridiculous. As Abed himself said in one of the episodes "I remember this being about college."

Still loving it though. The absurdity brings amusement.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:08 pm

TheTJ wrote:I enjoy community.

Inspector Spacetime is my favourite show within a show.

Of course it is.

The stop-motion episode where Abed discovers the meaning of Christmas is where I got up to, it's pretty amazing (I've seen the season two finale though).

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Saw the final ever episode of Being Human last night.

It feels like the end of an era. I suppose it is. I've watched Being Human since the very beginning. I watched the pilot when it first aired in February 2008 and I was one of the many who wrote to the BBC singing its praises and begging for a full series. Now we're having to say goodbye to the characters we love and spent so much time with. It's sad, but they got a good send off.

As series 5 started I wasn't too impressed, as you could tell the BBC's decision to make it the final series got sprung on the writers at the last minute. Originally Rook, head of what is essentially the British MIB, was supposed to be the villain, but as it's the final series they went all the way and had the villain be the ultimate evil instead: the Devil himself, trapped in a mortal body. Rook got demoted to a secondary character. Every now and then you get glimpses of what was originally planned and realise what an amazing antagonist he would have been. Sigh. Saying that the Devil was a pretty effective villain because he really was a nasty piece of work. I admit, I screamed "NO!!!" at one point over something he did.

The final episode really did the characters justice. The thing with Being Human is that you come for the supernaturals and stay for the characters. I honestly think the episode had some of the most powerful scenes of the entire show. The Devil tempts all of the characters and offers them what they most desire: Hal is taken back to the 16th century and gets the chance to never become a vampire, Alex is alive again and with her family, Tom is no longer a werewolf and is with his soulmate. The scenes of all three of them being tempted with the one thing they would do anything for, and all of them turning it down so they can save everyone else...it was incredibly effecting.

Oh, and the very final scene is already causing a massive shitstorm of conspiracy theories:

Spoiler:
The series ends with Hal, Alex and Tim sitting on the sofa watching TV. The camera pans across the mantlepiece and you see an item representing each of the main characters. There's Mitchell's gloves, George's Star of David, Annie's teapot, Nina's ultrasound scan, Eve's bib, Hal's domino, Alex's phone number, Tom's stake...and the origami wolf made by the Devil in Tom's temptation.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

Either the Devil was never truely destroyed...or this 'happy ending' isn't real. It's another dreamworld the Devil trapped them in whilst he unleashes the apocalypse. Deep down I think it's the latter. But personally...I hope it's the former. I want them all to get the happy ending they deserved. As much as I like sad endings I don't want this to be one, I care for the characters too much ;_;

So farewell to a brilliant and much loved show. I hope they continue the universe with books or comics. Or maybe the BBC will like my idea of a RPG, who knows~

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 pm

So recently I've really got into BBC's Sherlock.

I'm a big fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories but I'm also a purist so have lots of suspicion about modern adaptions. I needn't have worried though since it's a really good adaptation. All the modern updates fit really well with the characters (like Dr. Watson writing a blog) and it's a cracking good thriller. The episode with Irene Adler- the only woman to have given Sherlock a run for his money- was absolutely fantastic.

I hope there's more fans on here. I need to speculate about the final episode of series 2!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Well, if Chronicle ever starts logging in again, you can talk to her. XD

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:45 pm

I tried getting into that show.. Couldn't get over the guy's face. It's just.... something.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:I tried getting into that show.. Couldn't get over the guy's face. It's just.... something.

I think the word you're looking for is 'handsome'. He can make my game afoot if you know what I mean~

Ahem.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:46 pm

I don't consider an alien like head to be handsome. it's rather the ridiculously high broad cheekbones, strangely tight skin and weird ass expressions that just throw me off.

wat.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:42 pm

DID SOMEONE SAY SHERLOCK

I wanted to watch Elementary but I didn't really get in to it. Sherlock, though...damn, I love that show. The interactions between Holmes and Watson are very bromantic (no, I don't ship it, I just like that they have that chemistry), the stories are always engaging, and damn, Moriarty was excellent. I can't wait for season 3!

Also Benedict Cumberbatch is a handsome man, thank you very much.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm

New Top 5 show.

The Following.

I enjoy it a lot. Watch it you chumps.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:I don't consider an alien like head to be handsome. it's rather the ridiculously high broad cheekbones, strangely tight skin and weird ass expressions that just throw me off.

Don't be silly Perry, Benedict Cumberbatch is a lovely bit of eye candy. Just look at that smoulder.

Doctor Shemp wrote: The interactions between Holmes and Watson are very bromantic (no, I don't ship it, I just like that they have that chemistry),

Their relationship is the best thing about the series. They're totally bros4life and their interactions are just great. Also I find it endlessly amusing that everyone just assumes they're a gay couple, to the point that in the end Watson just gives up correcting people Laughing

Series 3 has just started filming, so we might get it by the end of the year...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Raya, no. That guy looks like a dork, sorry.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:00 pm

You guys have no taste.

I'm super hyped for series 3, I'm pretty keen to know how they did it.

Spoiler:
Setup with Molly and a lot of those people who 'happened' to be at the scene seems to be the most obvious answer, but if that is indeed the case, what exactly happened and how did they pull it off?

I stopped watching TV again because there's not anything good on Australian TV at the moment.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Everyone I know, girls and fans of the show included, agree that benedict's head looks weird as Sherlock. He's too pale and freaky. He can be goodlooking if he wants to, but as Sherlock he isn't.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Look, I'm a straight man (... I think...) and even I agree with the ladies about Benedict Cumberbatch.

Also I've always been a big fat Sherlock Holmes fanboy, so Sherlock is basically my favourite thing on television right now (Okay it's not on right now, but it should be). It does also probably help that the thing is written by Steven Motherfucking Moffat and Mark Goddamn Gatiss.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 pm

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:39 am

I can't get into Elementary. It's Sherlock Holmes in name only. So, Holmes is a recovering addict, Watson is a sexy chick, it's all set in America and Holmes has daddy issues? No no no no.

Doctor Shemp wrote:
I'm super hyped for series 3, I'm pretty keen to know how they did it.

Spoiler:
Setup with Molly and a lot of those people who 'happened' to be at the scene seems to be the most obvious answer, but if that is indeed the case, what exactly happened and how did they pull it off?

My money's on the theory that it wasn't Sherlock who jumped.

When Sherlock went to talk to the kidnapped girl at the start of the episode she started screaming because she thought he was the kidnapper. That means Moriarty used someone who looks like Sherlock to carry out the kidnapping. Then, when Sherlock is about to jump, he does two things completely out of character: he talks on the phone and he sheds a tear.

Then of course the most important thing: you never see the impact. You see Sherlock jump, you see him lying there in a pool of blood, but you never see him hit the floor. Watson himself never had his eyes on the body the entire time as he got struck by a cyclist. I think there's a switcharoo involved. The rest after that is easy, since earlier on when Sherlock asked Molly for help because he knew he was going to die, when she asks what he needed he said "You". It wouldn't take much for Molly to fake the death certificate and the autopsy report, and she has the motive too.

According to the writers there's a big clue everybody missed. I think it's the scene where Sherlock is sitting on the floor bouncing a ball. And what's that a reference to? The Great Escape...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun May 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Pretty succinct summary of the Venture Brothers on Adult Swim's website.

http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/?cid=20130508_youtube_banner_venture-bros-recap

Looking forward to that starting up again.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:24 am

Tonight my friend got me to watch this Chinese show "If You Are The One", and it was so worth it. It's based on this Australian show 'Taken Out' which didn't last long but became 'Taken Out'/'Take Me Out' in lots of other countries. China's where it's had the most success.

Basically, it's a dating show where the guy has to try and impress at least one out of a panel of 24 attractive single females. Surprisingly entertaining.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 am

it's rather popular here in the netherlands, though the girls just seem like they really want to be on tv more than they would like a date, though. Lots of whoring out and the presentator is a douche.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:08 am

Since school ended I started and finally got caught up with Game of Thrones. Really good, they do a great job with the characters. I like that the dwarf seems to get laid the most out of any other character. It's like a soap opera with all the relationships and deaths and stuff, but this ain't your grandmother's soap opera. God, the Red Wedding episode was especially brutal. I managed to stay as spoiler free as I could about it, and man was it just fucked up. Looking forward to season 4.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Courtesy of Chronicle:

Aww yeah, who's excited?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Hey, hey Raya.

RDJ is a better Sherlock.Tee hee.

I can't wait for the Fall to started up. All at once I will have Bones, Hannibal, and The Following going on.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:46 pm

This was driving around London today:

New Years Day is the date for the new series of Sherlock! Yesssss.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm

I just finished Breaking Bad.

I feel empty inside.
Easily one of my top three TV shows, ever.

... my baby blue...

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top