In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Post  Avalanche on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Raya wrote:Sherlock special will be aired in cinemas around the world!

That is, selected cinemas, which translates as 'it will air absolutely nowhere near you.'

Also, get extremely hyped:

Gravity Falls is great and those who aren't watching it definitely should.

Also really fond of Steven Universe right now but I realize that it isn't for everyone. A writer/storyboard artist/musician from early Adventure Time seasons got to make her own show and it is pretty cool. Still, really strong characters, a lot of 'feels', ocassional horror and incredible continuity. Check it out.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Gravity Falls is great but Steven Universe is my favorite cartoon on air, Giant Woman is one of my favorite episodes too. Gonna give some attention to Over the Garden Wall, its about the time of year to bust that cute little gem out and give it a rewatch or twenty

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:14 pm

The teaser for the new Gravity Falls episode is pretty much confirming the rumour that there's no season 3 Sad

On the plus side, word of God says that Roadside Attraction was the last filler episode, and the remaining 5 episodes will be DEEPEST LORE. Can't wait.

I've also been getting into Rick and Morty recently, I absolutely love it. The humour is so dark and fucked up, and Rick has got to be one of the most complex animated characters I've seen in a long time. I swear, this and GF are giving me a thing for sociopathic old men. I've not watched them all yet, but so far favourite eps are the love potion one and the memory parasites. Gazorpazorp was the funniest, I laughed pretty much all the way through the female society parts.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:45 pm

Raya wrote:The teaser for the new Gravity Falls episode is pretty much confirming the rumour that there's no season 3 Sad

Ah drat. I mean, I prefer them going out on a high note but it just feels like they could have done a season 3.

Also that last Steven Universe episode, right?

Spoiler:

The smollest dorito

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Peridot and Lapis are my favorite Gems. I would be SO DOWN with the Crystal Gem family expanding by season 3 with redemption arcs. I don't think theres any viable chance of something that extreme happening, but I can dream right?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Raya wrote:The teaser for the new Gravity Falls episode is pretty much confirming the rumour that there's no season 3 Sad

On the plus side, word of God says that Roadside Attraction was the last filler episode, and the remaining 5 episodes will be DEEPEST LORE. Can't wait.

I've also been getting into Rick and Morty recently, I absolutely love it. The humour is so dark and fucked up, and Rick has got to be one of the most complex animated characters I've seen in a long time. I swear, this and GF are giving me a thing for sociopathic old men. I've not watched them all yet, but so far favourite eps are the love potion one and the memory parasites. Gazorpazorp was the funniest, I laughed pretty much all the way through the female society parts.

My Girlfriend has spent her recovery time after surgery binge watching both.

My personal favorite from Rick and Morty is probably the Interdimensional Television episode. Truly impressive improv.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:33 am

So uhm.... Gravity Falls did a thing?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:52 pm

They did a thing and it EXPLODED!

...almost unfair that we have to wait a week or however long it'll be until a conclusion.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Avalanche wrote:So uhm.... Gravity Falls did a thing?

THERE WILL COME A TIME WHERE EVERYTHING YOU CARE ABOUT WILL CHANGE

Oh man, I was not prepared for that episode. It's right up there with Not What He Seems in terms of a wham episode. I spent a lot of it with my hand over my mouth making high-pitched "No!" noises. It's going to be one hell of a roller coaster to the end, can't wait. Also, check out the latest trailer for the next ep:

TheTJ wrote:
...almost unfair that we have to wait a week or however long it'll be until a conclusion.

It's been confirmed that the last 5 eps will be DEEPEST LORE all the way down, so assuming the final episode is the wrap up, we have 3 more episodes of this calibre to go. And things are going to get worse before they get better. Still holding out for Bad End Dipper...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Raya wrote:
Avalanche wrote:So uhm.... Gravity Falls did a thing?

THERE WILL COME A TIME WHERE EVERYTHING YOU CARE ABOUT WILL CHANGE

Oh man, I was not prepared for that episode. It's right up there with Not What He Seems in terms of a wham episode. I spent a lot of it with my hand over my mouth making high-pitched "No!" noises. It's going to be one hell of a roller coaster to the end, can't wait. Also, check out the latest trailer for the next ep:

TheTJ wrote:

It's been confirmed that the last 5 eps will be DEEPEST LORE all the way down, so assuming the final episode is the wrap up, we have 3 more episodes of this calibre to go. And things are going to get worse before they get better. Still holding out for Bad End Dipper...

Man, that was a good episode. Bodyhorror, apacolypse fun, Wendy confirmed for queen of the apacolypse, Mabel being trapped in a bubble, of what I assume to be the summer she wished for. Stan missing, Ford.... incapacitated. Any idea when the next episode's airing?

Binged RWBY, which isn't as bad as I expected but not exactly living up to the hype either. I'm way more invested in the affairs of the secondary characters, team JNPR.

Also binged Rick and Morty. I had given up on that one after the pilot but that turned out to be misleading. Season 2 in particular is pretty darn good.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:37 am

So now we have Firestorm, Grodd, Hawkman and Hawkgirl and the Martian Manhunter on tv.... For non-nerds that is a guy made of fire, created by fusing two other guys, a psychic gorilla, two star-crossed forever reincarnating egyptian lovers with wings and a shapeshifting green alien detective.

Also, we're getting a sorta justice league series in Januari.

This is fun.

Spoiler:

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Gravity Falls big finale is tonight! Finally all the mysteries will be revealed. Who's excited?

I'll be honest, as much as I love the show my enthusiasm has been dropping over the last few episodes. I really get the impression that Alex had planned for 3 seasons, was told he was only getting 2, so has tried to cram everything in he had planned for season 3 in the space of a few episodes. It's made me acutely aware of all the plot lines we'll never get expanded, and also how wasted certain characters (eg Wendy and Ford) were.

Still, it's been a hell of a wild ride, and I'm looking forward to seeing it to the end. Since the finale airs at stupid o'clock in the morning in the UK, tomorrow I'll be having a GF party with my BFF, where we'll wear tinfoil hats, clutch our merchandise and gasp in horror together. Should be fun Very Happy

Also, calling it now: Dipper's real name is Stan, he's named after his (supposedly) dead grunkle.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Raya wrote:

Gravity Falls big finale is tonight! Finally all the mysteries will be revealed. Who's excited?

I'll be honest, as much as I love the show my enthusiasm has been dropping over the last few episodes. I really get the impression that Alex had planned for 3 seasons, was told he was only getting 2, so has tried to cram everything in he had planned for season 3 in the space of a few episodes. It's made me acutely aware of all the plot lines we'll never get expanded, and also how wasted certain characters (eg Wendy and Ford) were.

Still, it's been a hell of a wild ride, and I'm looking forward to seeing it to the end. Since the finale airs at stupid o'clock in the morning in the UK, tomorrow I'll be having a GF party with my BFF, where we'll wear tinfoil hats, clutch our merchandise and gasp in horror together. Should be fun Very Happy

Also, calling it now: Dipper's real name is Stan, he's named after his (supposedly) dead grunkle.

I'm still putting my bets on Dipper's real name being Mason, just to add to the illuminati symbolism.

I am not ready for this finale. The RWBY season 3 finale fucked me up enough as it was because
Spoiler:
Female Achilles got manipulated by evil Cinderella into killing android girl Pinocchio, after which evil Cinderella killed the Avatar ánd female Achilles. Also, Beauty's Beast cut off Goldilocks' arm and the Wizard of Oz is missing. Now lil Red Riding Hood teams up with male Jeanne Arc, actual male Mulan and female Thor to look for evil Cinderella.

I am going to be an emotional wreck if the Gravity Falls finale turns out just as gut-punching as the rwby one.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:37 am

Gravity Falls didn't kill me. It ended almost exactly how I hoped it would end.

So long Gravity Falls, you crazy hick town you.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:08 am

On the subject of RWBY:
Funnily enough, it was a Pyrrhic victory

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 pm

I LOVED the Gravity Falls finale. The series certainly redeemed itself. Suitably dramatic, character building, awesome music and call backs to previous episodes (I lost my shit when Tad Strange turned up again, I love that guy). Okay, one bit really didn't sit well with me, or most of the fandom it seems:
Spoiler:
Stan getting his memory back so quickly was bullshit and undermined his heroic sacrifice
But as a whole I loved it.

Summer is over, and what a wild ride it was.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top