Post  TD260 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:05 pm

What channel is this on?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In which we discuss the hypnotic one-eyed pagan god of your living room

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Fox. Hopefully if it's canceled there something else will pick it up.

And I'd recommend starting from the beginning if you want to check it out, which you should. You pick this up now and you won't have a clue what's going on Razz Also give it time, things start to get really good mid-season 1, and even moreso mid season 2.... the show really just explodes in quality as it goes on.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Quaetam wrote:Fox. Hopefully if it's canceled there something else will pick it up.
A prayer 8 years running, mate.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 pm

td260 wrote:
Quaetam wrote:Fox. Hopefully if it's canceled there something else will pick it up.
A prayer 8 years running, mate.

Nothing else need be said, absolutely true.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't know about Firefly coming back... They'd need to change a lot.

River could be better adjusted after years of therapy and with public opinion against the Alliance because of the Reavers there is a full civil war being fought. Mal has a higher rank due to his... captainy skills... and River becomes the face of the rebellion.

Wait a minute... Large well funded empire vs. desperate rebels who believe in the cause, wise-cracking rogue in position of authority, face of rebellion is a young adult with Psychic like powers...

Everything I can think of that would take place years after the movie just ends up turning into Star Wars.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Bumping~

Red Dwarf is a classic British cult comedy that ran for 8 series from 1988-1999. It features the adventures of the last human, a dead man, an OCD android, a creature that evolved from a cat and a senile computer lost 3 million years in space. And it was bloody hilarious. The first 6 series were absolute gold and they're still regularly shown on TV. One of the main writers left at the end of series 6, and series 7-8 really suffered as a result. Still watchable but the chemistry of the characters had changed and the show wasn't as good.

Series 8 ended on a massive cliffhanger that never got resolved. Then in 2009 the comedy channel Dave comissioned and aired a three-part special, Back To Earth. How did they resolve the massive cliffhanger? They didn't, they pretended BTE happened after the non-existant series 9 Razz BTE was so popular Dave comissioned a whole brand new series, Red Dwarf X, the first proper Red Dwarf in 13 years.

So why am I bumping this thread? Because X has just started airing. I'm a huge fan of Red Dwarf, so there being a new series is a huge thing. Yet there was the big fear that it was going to be rubbish and a really shitty reboot...but no, I've seen the first episode and it was great. As soon as Cat waltzed in with an AAOOOOWWW I was sold. Looking forward to the rest!

Oh, it got a very short American remake. It was shit.

I totally should stream it for you guys at some point.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:07 am

At this point, I already understand why Raya is so obsessed with it Razz

I ordered Series 1-8 quite a bit back, got it on Friday and already am near the end of Series 4. So far, I'm loving it. The characters have that special chemistry, that make me want to watch more. Rimmer, despite being in his core a selfish asshole and somebody you wouldn't want to know personally, but you still kind of feel sorry enough for him, so that he's somewhat likable. Lister on the other hand is a guy you'd want to go out for a drink with, but you'd never want to introduce him to your parents. The Cat is totally self-absorbed to the point that his perfect mate would be himself(as shown in one episode). His stupidity and antics provide good laughs though. Kryten the mechanoid shows a lot of promise, but I hope his omnipresent guilt will be toned down a bit. Holly, the senile computer, is one of my favourite characters, especially in the male incarnation. A practical jokester, he does his (presumably) best to keep the ship safe and the crew sane. An entire episode is one of his practical jokes culminating in an epic match of chess("Horsie takes Prawns").

The chemistry just works and my favourite episodes so far aren't those centered around a threat or something, but their personal flaws. In this regard, I think I like Series 1 and 2 a bit more right now, because the feeling of them being alone, stranded in space is stronger.

Anyway, can't wait to see more of it. I need to rewatch Dimensional Jump, because I fell half asleep while watching it... On the plus side, I get to see more of Ace Rimmer(WHAT A GUY) Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm glad you've become a Dwarfer Very Happy

Totaly agree, the best part of the show is the characters and chemistry between them. You'll love series V when you get to it then, a lot of the episodes focus heavily on the characters. Including one where Rimmer actually does something kinda noble. V is definately my favourite series. And it has Mr Flibble too!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 am

Finished Series V yesterday: I agree, it was pretty good. Holoship is my overall favourite episode so far, hands down. Inquisitor had some really good chunks in it(Rimmer and Cat Inquisitor were hilarious), Terrorform and Quarantine("Mr. Flibble is VERY cross...") were rather funny too. Back to Reality had more untapped potential, was a bit of a letdown(except Duane Dibbley Razz). Had higher hopes for Angels & Demons too.

Well, onwards to Series VI.

Smoke me a kipper and I'll be back for breakfast Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Starz cancelled Boss.

Fuck Television.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

So I'm basically running through TV shows like crazy. So far Ive seen scrubs, supernatural, community and adventure time.
Just now started Dr. Who.

Anyone else got any other noteable shows I should watch that fit in that line?

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:So I'm basically running through TV shows like crazy. So far Ive seen scrubs, supernatural, community and adventure time.
Just now started Dr. Who.

Anyone else got any other noteable shows I should watch that fit in that line?
I recommend Modern Family and New Girl.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Continue with doctor who.

Uh...

Castle. Watch Castle.

Also Firefly.

Warehouse 13 is quite enjoyable as well.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:34 pm

A lot of people watch New Who on (2005 and after) and call it a day. I suggest you also try to find and watch some classic Who. Some of the best episodes are on Netflix instant, like the Mind Robber and Pyramid of Mars.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 am

I'm not even sure what netflix is. :p

But thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind for the next show i'll watch
;;

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:55 am

Well, obviously I'd recommend Red Dwarf Razz It's a sit com with sci-fi background, basically.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 am

TheTJ wrote:A lot of people watch New Who on (2005 and after) and call it a day. I suggest you also try to find and watch some classic Who. Some of the best episodes are on Netflix instant, like the Mind Robber and Pyramid of Mars.

I'm getting hooked up with the full collection of classic episodes soon.

The joys of college.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Got the DVD of Ghostwatch for Christmas and watched it today. Ghostwatch was a one-off drama made by the BBC in 1992 which aired on Halloween. It was done as a documentary featuring various TV personalities as themselves (including the legendary Michael Parkinson, an extremely famous talkshow host) as a Halloween special about hauntings in the UK. For this 'first ever episode' they were investigating a house apparently plagued by a poltergeist. Parkinson was in the studio with a paranormal expert whilst a TV crew (including Craig Charles and Blue Peter presenter Sarah Greene) were 'live' at the house filming as events unfolded. For the first hour very little happens- there's only one scary moment- and you think it's going to be quite boring...and then at the end everything goes completely to hell.

And holy shit, it was goddamn terrifying.

Ghostwatch has never been aired in the UK since because so many people were traumatised the BBC got inundated with complaints. The thing is played completely straight-faced, and this was well before the era of shows like Most Haunted, so many viewers thought what they were watching was live and this was a genuine documentary. For saying it scared me when I knew full well it was a fictional drama, it must have been freaking terrifying to people who thought it was real. It's spot on as a documentary- there's Parkinson who's clearly skeptical but is gently humouring the guests, Craig Charles clowning about with the people gathered on the streets to see the film crew, the paranormal expert getting increasingly irate as people dismiss what's going on in the house. It's easy to see why people were fooled.

There's no real jump scares, no dead bodies or monsters, just this growing sense of terror, mysterious bangings and the howling of cats as things get more and more violent. What I thought was the scariest parts was when every now and again you get a glimpse of the ghost or its outline for just a splitsecond. I practically bricked myself when the cameraman scans the room and you see a figure against the curtains that's gone when the camera moves back. Holy fucking shit.

So yeah, was a really good show. It was so slow at the start I wasn't expecting much, but it was much much scarier than I anticipated. I really liked it. So if you find a version pick it up, it's good!

Also I admit, I loved the random bits of nostalgia in the 1990s house. Jason Donovan posters! Golden Wonder crisps!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Guess what's starting this Friday?

BEING HUMAN SERIES 5 AWWW YEAH.

Seriously guys, someone else watch it, I'm fed up of being the only to to have seen this amazing show!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 pm

I watched the first season, started the second, got distracted by another tv show and then I couldn't get back into it. I probably should, but like, I need to be in the right mood to watch it. It's not a show to watch lightly, because it's a bit dark- as such, it's not the show to put on in the background while I'm screwing around doing something. I have to be like available to watch the entire show.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 pm

td260 wrote:I watched the first season, started the second, got distracted by another tv show and then I couldn't get back into it. I probably should, but like, I need to be in the right mood to watch it. It's not a show to watch lightly, because it's a bit dark- as such, it's not the show to put on in the background while I'm screwing around doing something. I have to be like available to watch the entire show.

You're talking about the original British version, right? They did an American remake but the less said about that the better.

I do love how they balance light and dark in the show. Even though there are some gut wrenching scenes in it and some proper moments of horror it's still really funny and has lots of warmth. I still love the scene where everyone starts arguing over Mitchell never doing the washing up. It's still pretty heavy going though, and since the plot threads all lead to the final episode you do have to properly watch each episode.

I can't wait though. At the end of series 4 we had a brief glimpse of who could possibly be the next big threat, and they're essentially the Men in Black who keep the supernatural in check, and they're so good at their jobs not even the supernaturals know of their existance. Also we're getting more backstory for Hal, so things are looking good for this series!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Raya wrote:I can't wait though. At the end of series 4 we had a brief glimpse of who could possibly be the next big threat, and they're essentially the Men in Black who keep the supernatural in check, and they're so good at their jobs not even the supernaturals know of their existance. Also we're getting more backstory for Hal, so things are looking good for this series!

I'd say "Ooh! That could be Torchwood!" Except for the fact that once Jack Harkness took over, and despite the fact they were made up of less 6 people, Torchwood might as well have put up a Billboard saying "Aliens are real and we shoot 'em."

Seriously, start of series 2 of Doctor Who it was a shock when the Prime Minister knew they existed and at the end of series 2 of Torchwood random townspeople occasionally name-dropped them.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Raya wrote:
td260 wrote:I watched the first season, started the second, got distracted by another tv show and then I couldn't get back into it. I probably should, but like, I need to be in the right mood to watch it. It's not a show to watch lightly, because it's a bit dark- as such, it's not the show to put on in the background while I'm screwing around doing something. I have to be like available to watch the entire show.

You're talking about the original British version, right? They did an American remake but the less said about that the better.

I do love how they balance light and dark in the show. Even though there are some gut wrenching scenes in it and some proper moments of horror it's still really funny and has lots of warmth. I still love the scene where everyone starts arguing over Mitchell never doing the washing up. It's still pretty heavy going though, and since the plot threads all lead to the final episode you do have to properly watch each episode.

I can't wait though. At the end of series 4 we had a brief glimpse of who could possibly be the next big threat, and they're essentially the Men in Black who keep the supernatural in check, and they're so good at their jobs not even the supernaturals know of their existance. Also we're getting more backstory for Hal, so things are looking good for this series!

It was the british version. I was watching it on BBC america.

TheTJ wrote:
Raya wrote:I can't wait though. At the end of series 4 we had a brief glimpse of who could possibly be the next big threat, and they're essentially the Men in Black who keep the supernatural in check, and they're so good at their jobs not even the supernaturals know of their existance. Also we're getting more backstory for Hal, so things are looking good for this series!

I'd say "Ooh! That could be Torchwood!" Except for the fact that once Jack Harkness took over, and despite the fact they were made up of less 6 people, Torchwood might as well have put up a Billboard saying "Aliens are real and we shoot 'em."

Seriously, start of series 2 of Doctor Who it was a shock when the Prime Minister knew they existed and at the end of series 2 of Torchwood random townspeople occasionally name-dropped them.

that's because 'MURICA

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 am

I've been watching Community with a friend lately. Honestly, I expected to hate it because everyone goes on about it, but I've actually been enjoying it. Though I've heard that season 3 gets kinda...ehhhhh.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 pm

I enjoy community.

Inspector Spacetime is my favourite show within a show.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top