No More Heroes

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: No More Heroes

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

Am I the only one who went through the entire game not knowing that you could kick open dumpsters!? The ENTIRE game. Not once did I try to kick the damn things.

Also, Bad Girl was smokin'. Nothing smexier than a psycopath in pink.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:41 am

OmicronAustin wrote:Am I the only one who went through the entire game not knowing that you could kick open dumpsters!? The ENTIRE game. Not once did I try to kick the damn things.
I went through the whole game not knowing I could stick my sword in the grass. Razz Also, I went through the whole game thinking there was nothing of value on the other side of the river in Santa Destroy.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Herr Wozzeck wrote:I went through the whole game not knowing I could stick my sword in the grass. Razz Also, I went through the whole game thinking there was nothing of value on the other side of the river in Santa Destroy.

Wait, there's another side of the river!?

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:10 pm

OmicronAustin wrote:
Herr Wozzeck wrote:I went through the whole game not knowing I could stick my sword in the grass. Razz Also, I went through the whole game thinking there was nothing of value on the other side of the river in Santa Destroy.

Wait, there's another side of the river!?
Well, you know that area across the bridge that's behind Travis' motel? Yeah, there are actually a lot of dumpsters there. It's that little part of Santa Destroy where you do the trash pick-up minigame.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Has anyone pulled strings to find out the release date of No More Heroes 2? preferably the european release (we're about as liked as aussie by the game industrie)...........Cause I am all for more crazy ass boss battles.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:31 pm

I died around 15 times with Shinobu on hard mode. Good God. X_X

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dainty-Doll on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Just completed No more heroes! finally, Jeane wasn't actually too bad in the end, Still wayyy easier then badgirl lol
Can't wait for the second one!

Another thing , I was looking up clips on youtube and all of them were well....very bloody? Does America or Japan have a different version to us in the UK, ours don't bleed or get cut up, or explode they just turn into Black dust? o.O

Dainty-Doll
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:01 pm

Dainty-Doll wrote:Does America or Japan have a different version to us in the UK, ours don't bleed or get cut up, or explode they just turn into Black dust? o.O
Wow, really?
The American version is quite bloody- it will literally rain blood if you kill enough people fast enough.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dainty-Doll on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:
Dainty-Doll wrote:Does America or Japan have a different version to us in the UK, ours don't bleed or get cut up, or explode they just turn into Black dust? o.O
Wow, really?
The American version is quite bloody- it will literally rain blood if you kill enough people fast enough.

No our version has like no blood, and Jeane Doesn't get cut up, Shinobu doesn't lose her Hand, and Holly's head goes black, but doesn't go off, There may be a clip on youtube, but theirs no blood at all lol

Dainty-Doll
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:27 pm

This is what I found at Wiki.... :

Wikipedia wrote:In one interview Suda wanted to make No More Heroes "as violent, or even more violent than Manhunt 2,"[4] a game that received an AO rating from the ESRB in its original form. A trailer shown at the March 2007 Game Developers Conference featured Travis Touchdown using the beam katana to decapitate or cut enemies in half, with copious amounts of blood being spilled.[13] Later videos featured clouds of black pixels and objects resembling coins spurting from enemies instead of blood.[14] it was later explained that the "black clouds" version would be released in Japan, while North America would receive the game with the previously seen blood.[15] Later, however, Suda51 decided to release the bloodless version in Europe as well.[16] In the North American version, the enemies are generally decapitated or split in half with large quantities of blood gushing from them. Overall, the two versions feature common enemies eventually burning away and a fountain of coins, with or without the inclusion of blood.

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeah. America got lucky; we got the bloody version that made you wonder how high Travis' laundry bill had to be to be able to clean all that blood off. It's surprising that politicians and newscasters didn't immediately jump on this like I half expected them to.

Both versions have their significant edits. I find the Japanese/Euro version to be pretty surreal, which is one reason why I guess I like the American version better. Having to save at bathrooms and literally raping the air to recharge your bean katana is awkward enough; I don't need my enemies blowing up into dust bunnies to make things any wierder. (Also, it doesn't make much sense that Holly Summers doesn't evaporate into dust; it makes much more sense in the American version when her head gets blown off by that grenade.)

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 pm

The only thing I thought was kind of obnoxious about the combat was when six enemies yelled the same thing right after another. Then again, having a room fool of people yell "MY SPLEEN!" is always a joy.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Eiron wrote:Then again, having a room fool of people yell "MY SPLEEN!" is always a joy.
For some reason, I rarely got the 'MY SPLEEN!' mantra whenever I killed people...

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:51 am

I didnt mind the dustclouds much. The game was already as goofy and random as it was going to get....a play with your cat minigame? saving on the toilet? lucha libre power ups, and jacking the lightsaber to recharge.
Did have a major question mark about the Holly boss ending indeed. She was a pain in the ass. Final boss if you collect all katana's is worse though. man that guy pissed me off

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dainty-Doll on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:04 am

Ohhhh I see, Well that answers that, Shame tho, The black dusts are okay, but The blood seemed more fitting to a game about assassination and killing lol and the blood is so over the top XD

Dainty-Doll
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 am

Dainty-Doll wrote:Ohhhh I see, Well that answers that, Shame tho, The black dusts are okay, but The blood seemed more fitting to a game about assassination and killing lol and the blood is so over the top XD
That's what makes the American version so hilarious to look at; there's so much blood it's ridiculous. It makes Manhunt look pretty tame by comparison... XD

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dainty-Doll on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Herr Wozzeck wrote:
Dainty-Doll wrote:Ohhhh I see, Well that answers that, Shame tho, The black dusts are okay, but The blood seemed more fitting to a game about assassination and killing lol and the blood is so over the top XD
That's what makes the American version so hilarious to look at; there's so much blood it's ridiculous. It makes Manhunt look pretty tame by comparison... XD

Yeah it does lol I think manhunt is censored here as well? I think it was manhunt 2 and the execution bits were red so you couldn't see much, Well maybe we just like to censor things lol
I wonder if NMH 2 will be bloody , or censored as well?? lol

Dainty-Doll
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 pm

It would make sense if they kept the blood with NA.

Although they might set it as an additional option after the game.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dainty-Doll on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:51 pm

yeah that would be cool, optional blood lol

Dainty-Doll
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Yeah, maybe, but not if you have to finish the freaking game to get it, especially when it's part of the actual game, not just a bonus.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dainty-Doll on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:54 pm

True true, either way I'm looking forward to new one lol Just wondering what the new characters will be like

Dainty-Doll
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Dainty-Doll wrote:True true, either way I'm looking forward to new one lol Just wondering what the new characters will be like
I hope that lady with the double-edged beam katana doesn't make any awful music jokes, or I'm never buying another Suda51 game again. But then again, with NMH being the way it is I'm incredibly sure that it won't be the case. Smile

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:25 am

Haha, best joke in NMH was the Duke Nukem for ever reference Razz more of those please

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:33 am

The third No More Heroes game(because we know there will be one) should be called No More Heroes Forever.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:09 am

Avalanche91 wrote:Haha, best joke in NMH was the Duke Nukem for ever reference Razz more of those please
I actually never got that reference... ^^;

My favorite parts of the whole game? Whenever Sylvia calls you on your cell and is all 'I am 0 percent sure you will win.' It was especially hilarious when she went on her rant before the Rank 10 fight... XD

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top