TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:15 pm

I agree with Viero.


Last edited by SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm

I have another pair of theories. See, Camilla isn't exactly an obvious Night 1 target. I'm not insulting her playing ability, no, but I do think a serial killer would be more likely to hit one of the infamous power-players, like Raya. Moreover, Camilla's actions Day 1 were quite suspicious: She softclaimed smashbro for the lulz and then retracted when pressured. At best she was just joking and showing how anyone can post in color, and at worst she was causing confusion. But her explanation was weak; that she posted in cyan because it made the game "look prettier". A good scum player would leave her alive as a possible lynch target.

Now, look at the style of her death.

td260 wrote:She had to find someone. Someone to train in the trolololol ways of before. Suddenly, she saw someone was online. Quickly, she sent a PM to them, hoping they would follow her logic. hoping to gain an ally in this hollow shell of their once great forum.

She died trying to recruit an ally, and her message was sent. I think this "recruit" succeeded. I think Camilla could very well have been a yakuza, epicmafia style. Sacrifices herself on a given night to convert someone else to mafia. If she was also killed by the serial killer, well, that's good too. In EM, a yakuza will still recruit if targeted by a SK as well. Here, it obviously depends on td260's judgment.

Another possibility is that she was a cult leader. Troll doesn't have to be mafia. The mafians could be Hacker, or simply Mafian, or something else we have no clue about.

td260 wrote:Her screen flickered, then inverted, displaying the profile of the person she was contacting. It then started to flicker, static fuzzing across the screen, until all that was visible was the image of their avatar hanging in space, grimacing at her as her laptop's harddrive slowly melted her motherboard into goo.

In forum mafia, traditionally, a cult or mason leader trying to recruit a mafian dies in the process. Here it almost looks like trying to recruit someone led to the deletion of her profile.

Point is, Camilla died trying to recruit someone to her cause. If she was a cult leader, the cult is essentially harmless now unless they have inherited recruiting. If she has a yakuza, one of our number just was converted to the mafia.

Personally, I'm more inclined to suspect the yakuza possibility, on the basis of how Camilla acted Day 1. Had she been a cult leader, she would have probably tried to lay lower, or at least not post in color, as we've seen quite plainly that she didn't have to. Also, Matti isn't exactly the best choice for cult leader if the cult is the Trolls, not to mention that we already essentially know this game has a Fobby role, meaning there's more than one troll. Who would be a more likely CL if Trolls was cult? Matti or Fobby? Fobby, who is pretty much an iconic troll on these boards, or Matti, who I've never even heard of (though I'm rather new to the forums, admittedly)? Fobby is the better choice, and if Trolls are cult, Fobby can't be the CL unless the cult started with two members. Not to mention it was Matti who died recruiting in this scenario, not Fobbs.

To summarize, Camilla being CL is a possibility, but very unlikely. Thus I think Camilla was definitely mafia or at least part of some other third party malicious team, and her death was probably a self-sacrificing, yakuza style recruit.

For today's lynch? If Camilla was mafia, regardless of whether she was killed by a serial killer or died self-sacrificing as a yakuza role, following up on my suspicions of SnakeInABox might not be such a bad idea. I'm not going to push this yet, but if Snake is mafia, three others are very likely to be as well. For now I'm witholding my vote, as the day is young, but I think that could be a very solid choice. Also, don't forget Warchamp and Sahrimnir, who have presented two solid smashbro counterclaims, and wouldn't let up yesterday. Resolving that situation could very well help us to expose another foe.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Requiem on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Wow, that is some serious analyzation... That's all I really know to say at the moment. I don't know any of you very well, and I haven't seen a great deal of substantially incriminating evidence, aside from the points that Quetam brought up, so for now I'm going to wait before I decide on voting on anybody.

This post has been made in an attempt to make sure that I don't get booted for inactivity.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm with Q on this one. While reading his argument, I first thought that Camilla had misculted, but she could've yakked too. Either one is plausible.

now, what does the one posting in borange have to say for himself? I'm simply curious, since I would try to prove my innocence if had to post in borange. Fobby doesn't seem to be that townie to me, however, as was previously mentioned, it could go either way.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 727
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 19
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:43 pm

So you assume that because I post in orange, I am Fobby? Well fuck off.

Camilla didn't post in Yellow. Two people post in Cyan. You have NO IDEA what is going on right now.


Last edited by SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Alright Snake, so are you saying you don't have to post in borange? Are you saying it's NOT a restriction of yours?

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Are things truly what they seem? Are all things but a dream in a dream?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:So you assume that because I post in orange, I am Fobby? Well fuck off.

Camilla didn't post in Yellow. Two people post in Cyan. You have NO IDEA what is going on right now.

Well who else posts in borange on a regular basis?

and to me, a troll sounds more menacing than a mod, but, like you said, we have no idea.

But would you like to give us an idea? Give us a little method in the madness?

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 727
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 19
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:Are things truly what they seem? Are all things but a dream in a dream?

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Get it right.

Also Q, no, it is a fucking restriction.

But that doesn't make me Fobby.

Look at the facts. People post in different colors. So far, colors don't match up so far.

So stop ASSUMING I am Fobby.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:16 pm

If you stopped posting in borange, you could get us all to stop assuming you're fobbs.

where is that quote from?

and why did you go back and change all your posts to borange if you didn't have to?

EDIT: oops, didnt see that


Last edited by hudsonboy111 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 727
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 19
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

I did have to. All my posts HAVE to be in Borange. Jesus fucking christ, I thought that was obvious.

I forgot to make them Borange, thats why I went back and edited em.



Last edited by SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  TD260 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:I did have to. All my posts HAVE to be in Borange. Jesus fucking christ, I thought that was obvious.

I forgot to make them Borange, thats why I went back and edited em.


*Clears throat*

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh, is there a rule against saying that? Or is it cause I didnt post that in Borange.

FUCK. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO REMEMBER ADDING COLOR?!!?!?!?!

EDIT: FUCK I DID IT AGAIN

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Who said I was going to the actual quote? And my my Snake, getting quite mad. The mark of a man with something to hide?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:Who said I was going to the actual quote? And my my Snake, getting quite mad. The mark of a man with something to hide?

My sentiments exactly.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 727
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 19
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:Who said I was going to the actual quote? And my my Snake, getting quite mad. The mark of a man with something to hide?

No, the mark of a man who is getting mad because he was given a stupid post restriction that doesn't make any fucking sense.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:49 pm

It feels pretty apparent that Snake really does have a role restriction. This kind of facade is probably rightfully annoying to do if it isn't forced, as he seems to be implying with his aggravated posts.

I think it would be pretty shocking if TD were to make a Fobby role completely malicious and completely obvious through role restriction. However...TD could also possibly expect this, and be FORCING Snake to "hide in plain sight" with that restriction.

In conclusion, he's right, and we have no idea what the fuck is going on. I'm not really saying new information here, and this post is mostly to contribute towards me not getting kicked out for inactivity.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 24
Location : Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm

I'd ordinarily be okay with agreeing with you, however Snake is an actor. And a damned good one too.

I think that there may be more to this, that he's faking it all, but I'll drop it for now. We have no idea what's going on.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 727
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 19
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Your just butthurt because I troll you in the Newbie thread.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Alright then. Since Snake has a restriction, the question now turns to whether or not he's Fobby. Does anyone know another forumite who traditionally posted in borange?

See, Snake, the color restrictions do mean something. Both Warchamp and Sahrimnir not only claimed to have a restriction, if I remember correctly, but said that they were softclaiming to be exactly who we thought they were softclaiming. In other words, smashbro. At least War did anyways. Not sure about Sah. Camilla also softclaimed smashbro, but retracted the second she was called out for it. This made her suspicious, and rightly so. She's dead now, either way. Point is a townie doesn't just choose to post in color when it's something that could throw the rest of us off, and the restrictions, unless BOTH warchamp AND Sahrimnir are lying about being smashbro rather than just one of them as with usual counterclaims, the restrictions are certainly not random.

Now, as for Snake himself, I really can't think of what other forumer might have a borange color restriction but Fobby. If there is one, I'd love to hear it, though obviously Snake himself can't say due to that roleclaim prohibition :/.

However, I'm not about to simply ignore you because you're whining about what I agree completely is a terrible restriction, because the fact of the matter is that doesn't clear you in the slightest. Yes, it would be a douche move for td260 to give a mafian that kind of restriction. But no, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Yes, you claim that you are not Fobby, but such a claim is easy to make. Also, if Camilla was a yak, I'd see you as a good yak target, made slightly less prominent by the suspicion you've aroused. I'm willing to hold off from lynching you on the chance that you are sincere, a chance I recognize due to the terrible nature of that restriction, and the even more significant chance that you're a Jester. But you're not clear, and I'm going to stay attentive.

I'll keep it to a FoS: SnakeInABox for now. The day is yet young. Again, hammering this might not be a bad option, as after Game 5 I'm pretty sure a win-it-all Jester is rather frowned upon, and my suspicions, stretching beyond your borange use, still stand, and this would be the best way to be completely sure you're not bullshitting. But for now I see good reason to hold back.

In the meantime, there's the Warchamp/Sahrimnir counterclaim to deal with, and I'd like to deal with it today if possible.

Also, SNAKE, your borange, stop forgetting Razz.

EDIT: see you ninja-edited it already :3

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:13 pm

the idea that camilla is a yakuza is a plausible idea though isn't it just as likely that maybe she was cult as a troll and tried to recruit another third party, namely someone who ended up being a mod and just died because of it?

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 pm

OH in other news, I know for a fact that Warchamp is NOT Smashbro.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Are you able to tell us more on how exactly you found out this info?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Darkfalco, I disagree. There's a chance Camilla could have been cult leader, but that's unlikely. See my Page 9 textwall. Out of the notable trolls in our forum's history, Matti is the last one to be a cult leader. We've got Terra, Fobby, Poochy. All would be better choices. Furthermore, Camilla chose to post in cyan and make herself suspicious without any real reason. A cult leader wouldn't have drawn that kind of attention to herself, for attention she did draw.

And your post again doesn't sit right with me. Why try to draw attention away from the yak possibility after the argument I presented a mere page ago which suggested the inverse? Like the defense of Snake yesterday, that came out of nowhere, with little grounds to back it up, tried to shy away from how she could be mafia, and ultimately feels a bit suspicious.

As for Snake, what he just posted polarized things, a lot. Warchamp, out of the two, is my suspicion as well simply because Sah isn't the kind of guy that pulls that sort of deception, but there's no real info, that's just speculation. That aside, Snake's post is quite interesting. And softclaiming is allowed, just not hard roleclaiming, Viero, so he could hint at it but not tell us.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm

i'm just trying to see both sides of it. i'm not disagreeing just trying to throw out as many ideas as possible, leaving no stone unturned. we have to look at every possibility and go from there, i was just looking at a few more. you are right however, thinking about it matti wouldn't be the best choice for a cult leader. though i think matti is more likely than terra in some ways. but we also have to go by what the creator of this game (TD) would think would fit each role, which makes things even more complicated.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 11: The Last Thread Day 5: Retribution

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:54 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum