YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 am

I don't think I'm the only one seeing this when I go to youtube, but I want to check here to see if anyone knows what's going on.

I was browsing YouTube when instead of loading my profile page it comes to a screen asking for my password. It then asks me to "link" my Google account with my YouTube account by using my Google account password. This seems really odd to me and very suspect, so instead I logged off of YouTube. Now I can't log back in unless I allegedly use my other accounts password (I don't know for sure since I'm not stupid enough to type it in).

Is Google doing something weird with YouTube that requires changing passwords? Or is this some elaborate phising that even my friends seem to be getting when they go to sign in to YouTube?

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 506
Join date : 2008-11-19
Age : 28
Location : If you build it...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:04 am

No issues here

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4209
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:34 am

Skip this for now (We'll remind you again in a little bit)

on the bottom right, click this

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 am

SurgePox wrote:
Skip this for now (We'll remind you again in a little bit)

on the bottom right, click this
Didn't have that option.

I've sorted everything out (I think) and I can access my YouTube account... but... here's my reason for panicking. My account used an AOL email as it's primary... so when it wanted to synch up it thought there was a Google account that ended in @aol.com and went with that (and therefore kept asking for a password to a Google account it thought was mine which didn't exist). Through a roundabout way which I can't really explain I got it back under control and have it synched to a secondary Gmail account which is mine.

If you already use Gmail as your primary email for YouTube notifications, I assume you won't see this switch over alert. But for me it freaked me the fuck out... something I don't like doing at 1am. Mad

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 506
Join date : 2008-11-19
Age : 28
Location : If you build it...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 am

The Meta Knight wrote:
SurgePox wrote:
Skip this for now (We'll remind you again in a little bit)

on the bottom right, click this
Didn't have that option.
screencap

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 am

SurgePox wrote:
The Meta Knight wrote:
SurgePox wrote:
Skip this for now (We'll remind you again in a little bit)

on the bottom right, click this
Didn't have that option.
screencap
Can't because I've resolved the problem? (i hope?)

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 506
Join date : 2008-11-19
Age : 28
Location : If you build it...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: YouTube phising or stupid Google changes?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:17 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum