DASH-DA-DASH DX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DASH-DA-DASH DX

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 am

DASH-DA-DASH DX

Originally a quick little project made by my friend, this eventually evolved into a decent little game that's quite addicting to play. Download link is above, the about page with details is below.

If this makes your eyes bleed, I was nice enough to type it out below the image

Spoiler:

DASH-DA-DASH began as a speed exercise within Multimedia Fusion. I gave myself four hours to throw together an action game with puzzle elements and the arcade philosophy of 'Play it till you're good at it', creating short rounds rather than an extended gameplay experience.

Upon releasing the first build publicly after the 4 hour time limit, a few friends told me it was pretty fun (albeit buggy as all get-out), and I decided to work on it further, releasing test versions every 4 hours publicly as things were changed, up until the 12 hour mark (These builds are all available below if you're interested in trying them).

Deciding to add a ton more content and features, I bumped the game's name up to DASH-DA-DASH DX (Mostly because I've always loved the way arcade games will constantly attribute more acronyms and words to their titles as updates happen) and released a final public beta before deciding to work on a really solid final build (Which is what is available on the main page, hurrah!) - Getting help along the way from zeta (www.zetaprime.net) and AJ 187 (www.ajworld.net) to implement an online scoreboard.

Between the original builds and the DX build, there was a point where I thought about getting Squeedge (Squeedge.psurgdesign.com) to help create completely original graphics alongside what would be an original soundtrack, but by that point I was far too attached to the audiovisual mashup the game had become.

And that's that, really. Below is a list of all the content used in DASH-DA-DASH DX, and links to the original 4, 8 and 12 hour game builds. Thanks for playing!

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DASH-DA-DASH DX

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:51 am

I saw some videos of this played and it does not seem like I would like it very much. Though I will still give it a try.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:10 am

mfw i see warchamp w/ 5.4mil

fuck you

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top