[ 10 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 26

The Trial of the Troll

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:38 pm

A borange cloud had hung itself once again over the threads and posts of little forum tucked soundly in a corner of the internets. He had returned from temporary exile yet again, this time he was back bearing greater dissent than before. A native citizen of long times passed who was known to scoff at how the place he once knew had changed. Some people move on, new faces join the scene. To some, the cycle is only natural, but for the Fobby there are the little annoyances that instigate him.

He would watch from a distance during the present days of the forum, voicing his opinions when appropriate, but also making snide remarks when not. Whatever little problems he have had with the people or culture, he just couldn't ignore them. Though his critical opinions had been supported by some at times, the remarks and criticism had turned to attacks on members of the community.

Often these were written up as another one of his antics, and had been punished accordingly. An event of him assuming the name of a moderator landed him in exile with a sentence determined by a random number generator. Other instances of frequent trolling and jabs landed him in a penitentiary on suspension from the community.

Recently, however, lines have been crossed. It seems as though past punishments had little or no effect on the Fobby, and his attacks persisted. Voices of disagreement with his views were voiced, and later protests formed... and heard. The presiding leaders of the community gathered to discuss how the neighborhood troll should dealt with this time. And idea was struck: Let the community decide!

A drunken, and foul-mouthed bad ass squirrel set off to detain the Fobby temporarily while preparations were being made. In the meantime only the rumor of a mystery surprise was uttered.

Though they disbanded overnight, the leaders regrouped the next day into one of the main plazas to call forth the fellow members. This was a popular place described as a "location reserved for wasting space and time... in the very best way". Soon they assembled around a magikoopa, a squirrel, a pokemon trainer, an ancient minister, and a squirtle, waiting patiently for proceedings to begin. When everyone was present, the mystery was revealed...

The time of reckoning has come as the fate of one will be determined by the community. In these crucial moments, everyone has a say.

Hello, fellow forumers of There Will Be Brawl. We are gathered here today to discuss and decide the fate of a long-standing member of the forums. Fobby is his name, trolling is his game. Some may like him, and some may hate him. But that doesn't matter, or does it? Ah well, the point is it's up to everyone here to decide as a whole this time as to what his punishment should be. Feel free to voice your opinions, or just passively listen. Either way, you get a vote, and feel free to change it if you so choose.

He's in your hands now. >B}

Last edited by smashbro on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 pm

He has been temp banned several times before and has returned doing the same things anyways.

It isn't a question of whether you like or dislike him, but whether he is good for the forum or not. The answer to that is no. He is not good for the forum, and if you like this forum you would do whats best for it and rid it of this troll.

He had his chances, he should be exiled permanently.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:49 pm

I've voiced the opinion to mods before, and I know most of you will probably disagree, but I say leave him alone. He's a troll. He feeds off hate and attention. If we get mad at him, he wins. If he gets banned, he wins. If we ignore him and everything he does, he'll get bored and leave. We win.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:53 pm

I really never even see what he does to get these bans. I don't see him being any more of an asshole than Snake or me.

Edit: God damn I just used my 1500th post to defend Fobby.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 pm

I remember a time, right after the random number ban was lifted, that fobby had legitimate comversations. He was still inclined to antagonize, but between trollings you could find him speaking not only coherently, but rationally as well. However, like a wound uncleaned takes to festering, he has slipped back into madness, not only harmless trolling, or simple dissent towards the direction the forum heads, but open hostility towards the members gathered here. Although I really could not give a crap right now about him, I feel that the "if you have nothing nice to say" rule should be applied, with a variation. Niceness is not the issue. Incoherent thoughts, mindless jabs and open hostiliTy are. While I find it only right that the benefit of the doubt be given- that deep down, behind the borange, there is a normal person lurking. However, he seems to have taken a drastic turn for the worse. Phrases like "I still hate you" come to mind. But, if I were the only person he hated, I could bear the weight without complaint. However. His negative influence has spread to others, with anger fueled words lashing out at all new people, and some of our current veterans- at this point, we can safely determine viero is one of the long standing members of the community. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he find fault with JGH and his troubles? At this point, I can safely say that we are no longer here solely because of our devotion to TWBB, as awesome as it is. Instead, we remain here, because our ties of friendship bind us together. And fobby comes, and finds fault with reality intruding onto the hallowed grounds of the internet. Thus, we come to the center of the matter- let him stay, and try to break our bonds, shatter our ties that connect us on a human level, and make us just a bunch of faceless people talking about a common subject? Or cast out the member who has long stood in the halls of the forum- an outcast, but present all the same. I unfortunately cannot, due to my basic nature, ban him forever. However, a RNG ban sounds fair enough- 1-100 a reasonable range. Thus, I shall cast my vote.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:00 pm

I must admit I am on the fence about the issue. When he drops the immature trolling of his he can actually get a chuckle out of me.
As it stands however he does not seem willing to drop the trolling as he keeps being a issue, literally saying things in attempt to aggrevate people. This being what? the third or fourth time he got banned?

I'll give it some thought.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:01 pm

I am with Outlaw. Winning or losing does not matter here. He got banned because he is troll. Go him, let him have his "victory" if it means that he will not be trolling here anymore. This place has been and is a better place to be without him trolling every single thread. And him getting banned would be in the betterment of the forum in general.

So in short. Ban him, we win.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:04 pm

i honestly couldn't care less about him or this poll.
is there such an option?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Ansem wrote:i honestly couldn't care less about him or this poll.
is there such an option?

Not post or vote at all was one, but you didn't take it. Razz

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 pm

So...uh...wait. What has he done this time? From all the newer posts I've seen I think he's acting pretty well for Fobby.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Wow, way too big of an issue over way too little of a deal. I'm sure this thread is not intended that way, but posts like TD's are to be expected and... wow, way to overdramatize a simple troll.

Fobby is a nice guy, and he pretty much gets the same kicks as anyone, yet he actually does it. Yes, he can be condescending and patronizing to some, but honestly? Since i've joined this forum, i can pretty much point out something that wasn't that pretty on each and everyone of us.

He's actually less of a dick than Snake or War, imo, and only looks on the relationships going on here in a distant way. The people who defend this way of thinking (TD, Viero) jump out at this, and make themselves rather easy targets.

IMO, nothing like a permanent ban is needed. The occasional ban is all fun and games, seeing its somewhat of a tradition. Nothing more is needed.

And honestly guys? Talking about winning and losing means you see it as much of a game as he does. Stop getting so damn affected by a damn joker.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:So...uh...wait. What has he done this time? From all the newer posts I've seen I think he's acting pretty well for Fobby.
You can't be serious.

And to Perry. No he is not less of a dick then War or Snake. And we tried banning him temp in the past and he plays nice at first then goes right back to being a troll just like he always has ever since I joined this forum.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm entitled to my own opinion, Vie. Like I said. in my opinion, he's less of a dick.

You just seem to hold some personal grudge against him, for whatever reason. I've seen it from the first time i saw him and you post XD

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:26 pm

I hate him because he makes this forum a darker place and just trolls it every chance he gets.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:... wow, way to overdramatize a simple troll.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

I see this forum as my 2nd home. Simple troll or a big time troll. I do not care.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 pm

he does not care! overdramatizing is a must!... lol

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Oi just drop it.

The bottom line is, do you or do you not want him gone.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 pm

already said my part, just responding to the responds im getting.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Like Avalanche, I'm kinda on the fence about this. When Fobby's being good, he's quite amusing and I get quite a few chuckles out of his posts. When he's mindlessly trolling it's really kinda...needless and mean, I guess. If he's blatantly breaking the rules - which he has been as far as I can see - then he should be suitably punished, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's ruining the forum. He's still kinda funny D:

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:I really never even see what he does to get these bans. I don't see him being any more of an asshole than Snake or me.

Fobby is no problem to me. Fobby can tell me I have no life, ok. Thats Fobbys opinion. And I welcome it.

I dunno. I mean, hes been here so long, he istn nearly as bad as he once was, and he even guessed who was the fucking killer(s) when we all couldn't.

People just have some problems with him, and they can't get over it.

Smash, Surge, when I first joined, I complained to you guys ALL THE TIME about Fobby. At one point I remember demanding he get permabanned. I love the little fuck now. I just had to let him grow on me. (Ew)

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:36 pm

I can be a dick sometimes, and I have never gotten banned. As far as I know, I haven't even been heavily complained about.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Wasn't meant as a complaint, snake. I didn't mean it like that :p
Just going by what Warchamp said, i think he's even less of a dick than you or him are. Doesn't make you two suddenly super-dicks...as awesome as that may sound XD

Nothing personal or hostile meant by that Smile

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Honestly, I'm entertained by him more than I am annoyed by him more anyway, so I see no need in banning him.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:39 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:I can be a dick sometimes, and I have never gotten banned. As far as I know, I haven't even been heavily complained about.

This goes for me too.

Anyone posting in this thread against fobby or voting to ban him is an moron. That goes for the moderators too. Stop taking shit so seriously.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top