The Trial of the Troll

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What shall it be?

35% 35% 
[ 9 ]
38% 38% 
[ 10 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 6 ]
 
Total Votes : 26

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:19 am

Despite me wanting Fobby to be let go, Raya IS right, and I doubt it's her fault that this was poor poll design. Some people who voted for a temp ban might have also voted for a RNG ban, or vice-versa. Having three options for the same idea spreads things out, and screws with vote distribution.

Either way, Smash said there are a lot more people who voted for the first option, and several others who voted for only a temp ban, so I doubt that in any case a significant ban is going to happen.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 24
Location : Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Ansem on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:28 am

now hold on, why is there a fault in distinction of judgment? Letting him go is none, but the others have different degrees of severity, and some want to see fobby again someday, while others want him gone forever. There's no fault in this, it's just that the majority of people wish to see fobby again. Some after a while, some after a random period of time, some right naw.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Posts : 1965
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 24
Location : At the place with the thing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Avalanche on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 am

Hence its likely to land on tempban. It is impossible to satisfy everyone as the votes are so divided, so I think the mods will attempt to come on therms that are agreeable for most.

As I said, the majority wants to see SOME form of punishment.

If it makes you feel better, we WERE allowed to change our votes. Which means we can shift around and make the result land on either permaban or tempban. But considering the amount of you that wants to see him again, I think tempban can be agreed on.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 25
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Ansem on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:33 am

i dont really see why? Is it the truth thing? Yeah he's a dick, but he's right, and you dont wanna see it? That's what i had, i got over myself.
If you wanna ban people for being dicks, ban Warchamp for ignoring warnings given out by mods, calling people retards and stating you need to shut up. Or Snake.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Posts : 1965
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 24
Location : At the place with the thing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am

I really do not understand how you do not see that Fobby is in need of a ban of sorts Ansem. Be it permaband or temp. Screw him being a exception. That reason is bullshit. Fobby constantly brakes rules over and over and had been banned not once, not four times, but SEVEN times and he STILL acts the way he does.

And as for the telling the truth thing. Does that mean I can say you suck at everything you do if it is the truth?


Last edited by Viero on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Ansem on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:42 am

look at my posts. Do you see the word exception?
because i dont. I see the fucking word 'Truth'. i made a similar post a few pages back, got ignored like this one. its like you look at the post, you dont see anything related to "I condemn Fobby because:" and you just skip it and tell us he needs a ban. Thats not how arguments work.

whoops, i suck cock. and yes. Id rather you tell me i suck is i suck, than that you tell me its good, and fuel my fantasy of being a world famous spaghetti artist.


Last edited by Ansem on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reading is Hard.)

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Posts : 1965
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 24
Location : At the place with the thing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 am

I was talking about Snake saying he was. If you would have seen Snakes post you would have understood what I was talking about.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Ansem on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 am

Viero wrote:I was talking about Snake saying he was. If you would have seen Snakes post you would have understood what I was talking about.

Thats snakes argument, not mine. I do not ally myself to snake or Warchamp in any way in this conflict. If you had read my post you would understand what I was talking about. We can do this all day, this is also not how arguments work, pointing out other peoples mistakes instead of talking about the subject.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Posts : 1965
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 24
Location : At the place with the thing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:48 am

And I was to know this with out bringing it up how? And I did, you were talking about War, not Snake.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:48 am

again, why are we so fired up about this? i think maybe it might be a good idea if everyone just took some time to take some chill pills, look at the situation and come back calmer....i think it's silly just how mad everyone has gotten. and i think it's sad how this thread has disrupted our mostly quiet and happy forum :/ everyone just seems so irritated at everyone else >.<

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:50 am

I am just keeping it in this thread. Everywhere else I really do not take this thread into account. Just a debate. Nothing really big.

IE: I am not mad or anything of the sort in this thread.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Ansem on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:59 am

you should. After all, If fobby is allowed to stay, we will all perish.
The twbb forum wasn't-a always like this. Trolling, exaggerating, and arguments. Always the-a Arguments.

We are past chill pills. Realization is inbound. People need to decide what they really hate. trolls? Ban Fobby, Snake, Warchamp, sometimes me, Perry, Fed even, Smash. Fobby? Then fucking say it. Say: I hate Fobby. I hate fobby for who he is. Not because he darkens the Forum, because he tells the truth, because he trolls, No! because you just dont like him as a person. And therefor he needs to be gone from your life. You should get a gun and do that in real life, that would be a good thing! right?

OH WAIT

Because thats the way things fucking are. And you better get used to it nancy. Quit your bitching /reference.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Posts : 1965
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 24
Location : At the place with the thing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 pm

I will make a post to this when I come back from school. And yes I do hate him.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Raya on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:13 pm

Boys, break it up. Don't make me dump cold water over you like a pair of housecats.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4557
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 pm

Weldar wrote:after all this never was going to be a full pardoning or anything.

Don't give us that option if you wont let it happen.

Ansem wrote:Or Snake.

Fuck you. I am sick and tired of your shit. This entire discussion you talk like I am trolloling it up.

I am very strong about my opinion, and the fact that the Mods made a large mistake making this thread. I get it, you all want to hear our opinions.

But for gods sake, this thread has done more damage to me in a few days than Fobby has ever done in the year I have been here.

Raya, you say the majority wants him gone. Pretty easy to flip that your way. But I can just as easily say that since two of the choices are temporary bans, the majority REALLY wants him to stay.

You don't like Fobby, and its clear what you want. But warping things to make it seem like its what everyone wants, is no bueno.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5850
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Requiem on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Right, I've been watching this nonsense from the beginning, and while somewhat amused, I find it rather sad at the same time. I don't know Fobby, I have no good or bad experiences with him, but based on what's been said, he's been banned multiple times, and continues to break the rules further. If this is the case, things aren't likely to really change and he should be banned permanently. On the other hand, I also see that there are people here who would see him stay. With that in mind, I think it only reasonable and logical that he be temp banned, with a warning that further infractions would lead to a permanent ban. I realize I'm new to the forum, and my voice isn't worth much, but that's my take on it.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:05 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:
Weldar wrote:after all this never was going to be a full pardoning or anything.

Don't give us that option if you wont let it happen.
I think what he means is, letting him go on this doesn't mean we would act like this trolling never happened. In order to justify this, we either have to revamp the rules in a way that somehow fits in with letting fobby break small rules but imposing those rules on everyone else (which is difficult, but it's what I've got to go on), or clip rules out all together. It creates a difficult situation, doesn't it? Although I am all for following through on what some people have suggested here, namely ignoring the rules that should have led to fobbs being banned, but I will not run a forum without justice. So, think heavily about the implications of what you suggest, please.

I am very strong about my opinion, and the fact that the Mods made a large mistake making this thread. I get it, you all want to hear our opinions.

But for gods sake, this thread has done more damage to me in a few days than Fobby has ever done in the year I have been here.
Okay, this is good, let's take this into perspective. You now realize that things people can say on the internet can be damaging. Fobby has never damaged you personally, but he has damaged other members, some are annoyed, others have felt personally victimized. If any single member came in and willfully inflicted what this conflict has done to you, would you want justice? Would you want something done about it? If the rules stated that the things they were doing to cause you distress were punishable, would you want them punished?

Honestly, you guys, this discussion isn't mandatory. I want you all to give me your insights, but if this will hurt you to do so, or to participate in the disection of your insights, I won't hold it against you to abstain from the conversation.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Snake is by no means a troll. It is like he says and pretty much just seems like jokingly insult people. I do it all the time to some people and vice versa and there is no problem there.

The reason I want him banned Ansem is not because I hate him but because I think it will be for the betterment of the forum in general.

This will be my last post in this thread.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:41 pm

I don't think permaban, but I do think he should be given a last warning or something. After all, this is his seventh ban. And while some people haven't really got issues with Fobby, a few others he goes out of his way to bully.

Trolling's fine. Bullying and breaking the rules and being a douche isn't. And thinking "oh it's Fobby, he's an exception", what are you next going to go "oh, it's okay if so and so rapes and murders, he's an exception to the law?". I know there's a big difference, but the rules are there for a reason - nobody is exempt.

So permabanning seems a bit harsh for someone who is essentially a stupid kid, but really, he should learn to shape up or ship out.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5880
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Gensokyo

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Avalanche on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm

I think this discussion reached a deadlock.

No one who voted; "let him go" will change his vote, and the various factions of; "punish him" won't budge either. I don't think anything sensible will be collected from continuing the discussion, aside from a lot of foul languag, annoyance and anger.

I'll leave it to the mods from here. This is my last post in this thread.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 25
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Perry on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 pm

King Avalanche wrote:I think this discussion reached a deadlock.

No one who voted; "let him go" will change his vote, and the various factions of; "punish him" won't budge either. I don't think anything sensible will be collected from continuing the discussion, aside from a lot of foul languag, annoyance and anger.

I'll leave it to the mods from here. This is my last post in this thread.

Dude, it's been like that since page 2 D:

*enforces his opinion that this thread is stupid!* XD

Perry
Savior in Green

Posts : 1393
Join date : 2010-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  TD260 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 pm

queen_camilla wrote:I don't think permaban, but I do think he should be given a last warning or something. After all, this is his seventh ban. And while some people haven't really got issues with Fobby, a few others he goes out of his way to bully.

Trolling's fine. Bullying and breaking the rules and being a douche isn't. And thinking "oh it's Fobby, he's an exception", what are you next going to go "oh, it's okay if so and so rapes and murders, he's an exception to the law?". I know there's a big difference, but the rules are there for a reason - nobody is exempt.

So permabanning seems a bit harsh for someone who is essentially a stupid kid, but really, he should learn to shape up or ship out.

I agree with camilla.

In essence, from what I remember of his trolling before this latest infraction, it amounted to "lolol, u guiz are dum. and gay."
Harmless.
But when the line gets crossed into "I hate you" territory, there's something that must be done.


TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4856
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Perry on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

so you're saying Vie needs to get banned for his hatred of Fobby? o wow Razz

Perry
Savior in Green

Posts : 1393
Join date : 2010-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 pm

td260 wrote:But when the line gets crossed into "I hate you" territory, there's something that must be done.

Please show me the post He said he hated you?

If it happens outside the forum, it shouldnt mean shit on here.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5850
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:
td260 wrote:But when the line gets crossed into "I hate you" territory, there's something that must be done.

Please show me the post He said he hated you?
http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/t142p450-i-just-had-mu-y-brthday-partu#93621

Took me all of 10 seconds to find.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:12 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum