[ 10 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 26

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  Ansem on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:44 pm

imo warchamp should be banned. He's darkening the forum for me, and i dislike his current avatar.

Permabanned.

Oh, and fobby should become a mod, i'll vote for letting him stay until we get that option.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:I can be a dick sometimes, and I have never gotten banned. As far as I know, I haven't even been heavily complained about.

This goes for me too.

Anyone posting in this thread against fobby or voting to ban him is an moron. That goes for the moderators too. Stop taking shit so seriously.

This is because people know you are just messing around. Fobby is just a flat out dick,

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Ok, look. in all good conscience, I cannot ban him forever. Because, one day, he may mature and come back a better person. Because there is that possibility, I cannot justfully condemn him. There is no proof to make me believe beyond the shadow of a doubt that he will not change. Oh, the case against him is very strong. But not beyond a shadow of a doubt. Yes, he has been banned before. Yes, he's come back and insulted people, and being a general little ball of hate. HOWEVER. I believe that there is room for change in everyone. Thus, One day, I wish to see fobby return here with a changed outlook, or at least a regard for feelings of others. For that, I cannot see him banned forever. He is only human like the rest of us, and deserves the same treatment. If I go around and say that Perry should go die in a hole, The mods are going to tell me to stop. If I continue, I might get banned. Thus, I broke the rules, and must pay for my crimes. If I continue, I will be banned again- the same with jail. how many states Have the death penalty? How many states give life imprisonment for repetitive offenses of minor crimes? I mean, it's not like fobby has started hacking people or trying to bring down the site- just poke fun at a few people who run around and draw targets on their own backs.
I cannot charge him guilty, for there is a shadow of guilt in my mind. Thus, continue banning him when he crosses the line, but beyond that... I just don't care. I've given up listening to him. It's not worth fighting a troll for the sake of fighting him, because if you win the argument, he wins his little mental game, and if you lose, he wins his game and the debate- the only winning move is not to play.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:17 pm

dude...
enter button...

use it.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:dude...
enter button...

use it.

Nah, TD, you dont have to use it imo.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:I can be a dick sometimes, and I have never gotten banned. As far as I know, I haven't even been heavily complained about.

This goes for me too.

Anyone posting in this thread against fobby or voting to ban him is an moron. That goes for the moderators too. Stop taking shit so seriously.
Although we want you guys to discuss, think it's normal for people to disagree with each other, please don't make insults aimed at those who disagree with you. Instead of saying that those with whom you disagree are morons, say why you don't agree with them.

We posted this to let the forumers say what they think. Our own opinions on the situation have already been gone over.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:21 pm

At this point, I have made my decision. Ban him when he gets out of line, but let the troll back in. He can't hurt us- he is much like a fly, buzzing about our heads- annoying and harmless. As many have said, let the troll burn himself out, instead of fueling the flames.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Has Fobby really... Hurt anyone? Is anyone so weak as to let The Fobbs man get to you?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Thus bringing me to my point of, annoying but harmless. ban him for crossing the line- no more, no less.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:31 pm

*points to Perry pointing out the over-dramatization*

*Was too lazy to just quote it*

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:35 pm

td260 wrote:instead of fueling the flames.

Being rid of him entirely isn't fueling the flames. It destroys the situation entirely.

Why allow him the opportunity to do more, when you know he more than likely will. Just prevent it right now. If he really really wants back and he really has changed, he will probably just contact a mod and they would discuss it.

Also this whole "Win Lose Troll Game" what the heck? What does it matter? Banning him means he wins? Maybe in his imagination. If you are rid of him then it doesn't really matter anyways.

Personally if you all really allow him to continue then I am withdrawing from the forum. Not by Fobby entirely, most of his shenanigans I don't care about, I just deem the forum should be rid of him. First I leave the MDb now possibly here, tis a shame. Wink

Last edited by Outlaw on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:35 pm

I like Fobbs. He can be a pretty funny guy. Now, I'm not sure if he's ever set his sights on me personally (like he has some other forumites) but I don't really think it'd bother me too much. The friends I have in Real Life are meaner than Fobbs (One has grown quite fond of the dick-punch) and maybe I've grown tougher skin (Not... not literally) but it doesn't seem like Fobby's done anything super malicious.

He might be excessivley Crude, but I haven't seen it much recently. He even spoke against the 3DS! All in all, as long as he wants to be here and doesn't spout hate speech (Being a dick =/= hate speech) he should be allowed to stay.

Now, he might have done some terrible thing on MSN or Facebook that I don't know about, but barring that I think he should be allowed to stay.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:35 pm

People being over dramatic is people caring about the forum.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:37 pm

TheTJ wrote:
Now, he might have done some terrible thing on MSN or Facebook that I don't know about, but barring that I think he should be allowed to stay.

well, he did say "oh dear god no you creepy little bastard I fucking hate you go away" and blacklist me when I friended him on steam, but whatever. Not like it matters or anything. seriously, he's just a fly. Ignore the buzzing.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:45 pm

fobby; the brand

a life changing thread

Come on people. You are not tired of his shit post? Or his trolling (That by the way is NOT going to stop obviously no matter how much you wish it would or how long it is between the future bans that I promis you he will get) And this whole thing about him not bothering people? Check out the fucking permaban votes. He has done NOTHING for the forum. He does not help people he is not nice. He is just a person on this forum who some how got the love of the people here. He treats all of you like shit without reason and you just take it.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:51 pm

I love people saying "If X doesn't leave, I AM GONE" Kindergarden, anyone? This is putting the others under pressure and you should feel bad for doing that.

@Viero: hate? really? Second family or not, this is extreme. Also, in every family there is someone you don't get along with. He darkens the forum? What is that supposed to mean? This forum has never been a perfect place, is not a perfect place and will never be a perfect place, because human beings are involved.

I fully agree with td. If fobbs trolls too much and crosses too many lines, ban him for some time. If he does it again, do it again.

Personally, I like Fobby. Yes, he can be quite the douche, but I don't take it personally. I had some pleasant conversations with him and I would hate to see him go forever.

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:So...uh...wait. What has he done this time? From all the newer posts I've seen I think he's acting pretty well for Fobby.

and pretty much that

edit: is there a deadline?

Last edited by Fedaykin on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:

This goes for me too.

Yeah you guys can sort of be dicks sometimes but that's not exactly the issue with Fobby. Fobby tends to deliberately go out of his way to try and antagonize people and rile them up, being a bit of a douche within the normal conversation of things is acceptable, that isn't.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Fedaykin wrote:I love people saying "If X doesn't leave, I AM GONE" Kindergarden, anyone? This is putting the others under pressure and you should feel bad for doing that.

I think you mean, Kindergarten. Wink But I appreciate the slight slap in the face, very nice.

However who is to say it belongs in Kindergarten? Certainly not you. However, it is a strategy, and I am using it.

I'm with the mods on this one.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:58 pm

I can't speak for the others, but I don't have a stance on this, at least that I'm willing to let on. I probably won't voice much of an opinion. I'm opting to just passively listen right now.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I like that you guys are getting passionate about this, it shows me that you all care about this place, and about your fellow members. However, let me say before anything like this happens, if this can't remain civil, I am not above locking this thread.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 pm

SurgePox wrote:I like that you guys are getting passionate about this, it shows me that you all care about this place, and about your fellow members. However, let me say before anything like this happens, if this can't remain civil, I am not above locking this thread.

I am glad you are putting the threat hammer down. That wasn't sarcasm.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 pm

@Outlaw: I didn't know you spell it the same as in German. I didn't say it belongs there, but it sounds like it Wink

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm

What I don't understand is why this topic spread to the Whatever Thread and now a Fobby Protection thread (which already existed, just a name change, of course it wasn't specifically for that purpose nor is that the exact name.) Really it should just stay here

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Outlaw wrote:
SurgePox wrote:I like that you guys are getting passionate about this, it shows me that you all care about this place, and about your fellow members. However, let me say before anything like this happens, if this can't remain civil, I am not above locking this thread.

I'm talking to people on both sides of this arguement. If you guys can't be civil over this discussion, I'll discontinue it.
Don't let arguecat be right about this one, I know we can have nice things.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Outlaw wrote:

I'm talking to people on both sides of this arguement.

I don't think I said you were just talking about the other side.

I commended you for it regardless of who you were talking about.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top