[ 10 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 26

Re: The Trial of the Troll

Post  TD260 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:59 pm

I am not above defending someone who has openly declared to not like me- he is a person, like the rest of us, and deserves to be treated as such.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:24 pm

If someone on the internet can hurt your feelings, you shouldn't be here, simple as that.

The fact my post got the reaction it did and all the negative notoriety proves my point.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:28 pm

You shouldn't make that statement war, because then I can counter with "If someone in real life can hurt your feelings, you shouldn't be here" - There's an inherent difference between trying to hurt someone out of anger or hate and trolling for shiggles. I know a lot of people online, and they can affect me just as much as people in real life can, but you should be able to tell who's just being a bully/troll and should be ignored, and who's done something to deserve getting hurt over. Real life or Internet, people are people. Unless it's in a console FPS multiplayer - then everyone is just an ass.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:57 pm

I agree. While I'm not going to denounce Fobby, there's a fine line between giving someone a bit of shit in the name of fun and just all out attacking them and basically cyber-bullying.

Fobby's kinda treading that line.

I'm not averse to a bit of teasing and all, but when it's constant...attacking, basically, that's just not cool.

Now, Fobby can be quite witty and make interesting posts and contribute to the community and that's good. But frankly if he's going out of his way to be an unfunny ass and hurting people beyond the point of basic trolling and internet shenanigans...well, I'm not going to support that.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:19 pm

We have dealt with Fobby and others in the past on a per event basis. his one however isn't as black and white as others.

Matti and Null for instance were easily a threat to the community. Fobby is a mix of both good and bad. This is why we've given the option.

My mission is to keep the forum joy level at a good level. Personally, Fobby's never gotten to me. Hell agree on some of his points in his rant and stuff. However, as a Mod, my personal opinion takes a backseat to the well being of the forum.

Just keep this civil people.

Oh, and 1 more thing....

SCRAAAAAM!!!!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:44 pm

queen_camilla wrote:I agree. While I'm not going to denounce Fobby, there's a fine line between giving someone a bit of shit in the name of fun and just all out attacking them and basically cyber-bullying.

Fobby's kinda treading that line.

I'm not averse to a bit of teasing and all, but when it's constant...attacking, basically, that's just not cool.

Now, Fobby can be quite witty and make interesting posts and contribute to the community and that's good. But frankly if he's going out of his way to be an unfunny ass and hurting people beyond the point of basic trolling and internet shenanigans...well, I'm not going to support that.

this is my point. Thank you camilla, because I don't think anyone read my walls of text.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:05 am

Viero wrote:fobby; the brand

a life changing thread

Come on people. You are not tired of his shit post?

How is Fobby the Brand shit posting?

And A Life Changing Thread? Thats funny. I don't see the big deal.

OH GOD. Was it the time he..... called me a dick?! Oh man, I am still recovering from that. BAN THE LITTLE FUCK.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:35 am

td260 wrote:
TheTJ wrote:
Now, he might have done some terrible thing on MSN or Facebook that I don't know about, but barring that I think he should be allowed to stay.

well, he did say "oh dear god no you creepy little bastard I fucking hate you go away" and blacklist me when I friended him on steam, but whatever. Not like it matters or anything. seriously, he's just a fly. Ignore the buzzing.

^ See, that's not just calling someone a dick. That's just plain rude. I know that's outside the forum, but still.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

I make fun of viero on L4D2 all the time, I also constantly remind Snake how terrible he is

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 am

I am terrible.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:01 am

queen_camilla wrote:
td260 wrote:
TheTJ wrote:
Now, he might have done some terrible thing on MSN or Facebook that I don't know about, but barring that I think he should be allowed to stay.

well, he did say "oh dear god no you creepy little bastard I fucking hate you go away" and blacklist me when I friended him on steam, but whatever. Not like it matters or anything. seriously, he's just a fly. Ignore the buzzing.

^ See, that's not just calling someone a dick. That's just plain rude. I know that's outside the forum, but still.

I'm gonna say if it's outside the forum then it's not our concern.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:10 am

I vote we just end this. I think a general consensus has been made, And no minds are changing. Can we call it a night and go back to regular old Forum surfing?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:30 am

Fobby's currently on a week long temp ban anyway so this poll will probably stay open until that is up. If you feel there's no need to continue the discussion feel free to stop posting in this thread and go back to your regular forum surfing, all talk related to the topic should be confined to this thread after all.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:28 am

I see a lot of people are very divided about the issue. And while I am a supporter of open discussions, I do think some people are being pro or anti in a almost dramatic fashion. Anti Fobbies, Pro Fobbies, try to few it objectivly. As JGH (I think) said; Fobby is threading the line of supporting and damaging. There is plenty to love and to despise.

Pro Fobby
-------------
-Long time member
-Funny and accepted member (when he isn't trolling seems to be added quite often to this statement)
-Borange?

Anti Fobby
-----------
-Activly tries to offend/annoy people
-Activly discourages people to become friends over the internet

Standpoints I take
-----------------
-What bothers me most about the situation is that probably any newbie who'd behave like Fobby, would be warned and/or banned within a week, yet because it is Fobby we all seem to tolerate it. It almost appears he's just seeing what he can get away with. Got to draw the line somewhere.

-Also (and I think I am the only one annoyed by this) his useless 3 symbol posts. Hell, he answered Ansem a while back just posting;" y ". I think the mods called out Minby once for too short posting cause they appeared to be little above text messages. I don't think every post has to be a full page wonder of insightfull thinking, but if you just gonna post 1 symbol you might as well not bother. And again, everyone seems to tolerate it because its Fobby.

-And I think Outlaw said this but Fobby doesn't add anything constructive to the forum. I don't think people have to adjust to the norm at all times, but Fobby is just out for his own strange amusement. And sometimes, it appears his amusement can harm other forummers.

That all being said, I think permabanning him is too severe. As JGH (I believe) said; Fobby is threading the line of supporting and damaging the forum, and he hasn't offended me personally enough to warrant him a permaban vote. But I can see how a lot of people are, and frankly my patience with waiting for him to mature is growing very thin.

I say.......ban his ass for a severe time. Don't permaban but don't risk the rng has him back the same week either. At the very least this gives people who áre severly offended a break of him.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:59 am

It's well known where my own personal opinions on this lie. But this thread is for you guys to voice your thoughts.

In answer to previous questions, since his last ban expired Fobby has been consistently and repeatedly breaking the forum rules, including spamming, content-free posts and outrightly attacking other members. This sort of behaviour would not be tolerated from a new member. We're not a police state, we're not overly strict regarding the rules, but when we recieve numerous complaints and witness repeated, deliberate misbehaviour action needs to be taken. That's why this thread was made to let the community voice their opinion on the matter.

Warchamp7 wrote:If someone on the internet can hurt your feelings, you shouldn't be here, simple as that.

I seem to recall you throwing a hissy fit when I said I didn't like your friend's art.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:03 am

What bothers me about the anti-fobby arguements, is that people see him as an actual threat to the relationships we built on here.
I'm not going to say that you're weak or shouldn't belong on the internet, but I am surprised that you take the words of a single man so much too heart that you fear for the friendships you make.
That says something about you as a person and how you view these relations.

Fobby just said he finds it odd and somewhat funny how some people cling to relationships they make on the internet. He's made no active attempts so far to ruin any of them. He just points and laughs or if it gets to a point that it bothers him he rants about it, thats all he does.

His main targets seem to be the most emotional and insecure members on the forum, and anyone of us has ranted at those about their insecurities or emotional outbursts aswell. Hell, it even happens in this very thread.
Are you going to permanently ban Fobby for doing what the rest of the forum is doing as well, just for HOW he's doing it? Just because he doesn't give a reassuring "I still like you", afterwards?

Also, mods. You're members like any of us, so i think you should voice your opinions just the same. Just because you have modding powers, and have to do the act in the end doesn't mean people will blindly follow what your opinion is.
I'd feel more respected as a member if you just conversed with all of us about this like you were one of us, instead of keeping yourself from it because you (could) have sooooo much influence.

An opinion is an opinion is an opinion is an opinion.
and even if its well-known, i have no clue what Raya's is :p

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:40 am

Well I think we've mostly been staying out of it since this thread was mostly for us so see other member's opinions on the issue and we already know each others thoughts on the matter but fair point Perry I suppose everyone else should get to hear them too.

I'm kinda eh with Fobby. I've never really found him amusing but he's never hugely bothered me either. He's shown that he can be a reasonable member if he feels like it and he's a nice enough guy when he is but he can also go around trolling, going out of his way to attack people and rile them up and making pointless one word spam posts and when he's being like that yeah I'd rather not have him around. And if there's one things he's shown with his history it's if he feels like being a troll he will. He can be nice and reasonable for an extended period of time but if it strikes his fancy he'll be a troll and he clearly has no intentions of changing that and doesn't care about the consequences when he does it.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:43 am

Fobbs McCloud wrote:I vote ness. Why

1. Ness is friggin awesome.
2. PSI Flash - No, It's not PK Cross.
3. Baseball Bat.

He correctly guessed the body dismemberer at Episode 3. EPISODE THREE. I don't even think ZACH had figured it out at that time. lolololololol

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Raya wrote:It's well known where my own personal opinions on this lie. But this thread is for you guys to voice your thoughts.

In answer to previous questions, since his last ban expired Fobby has been consistently and repeatedly breaking the forum rules, including spamming, content-free posts and outrightly attacking other members. This sort of behaviour would not be tolerated from a new member. We're not a police state, we're not overly strict regarding the rules, but when we recieve numerous complaints and witness repeated, deliberate misbehaviour action needs to be taken. That's why this thread was made to let the community voice their opinion on the matter.

Warchamp7 wrote:If someone on the internet can hurt your feelings, you shouldn't be here, simple as that.

I seem to recall you throwing a hissy fit when I said I didn't like your friend's art.

My feelings were not hurt, I just don't like people stating their opinion as a fact, especially when they don't know the full details of the matter. You called it a terrible recolour when it was in fact a recolour based on the colours of his pseudonym.

"This song is bad" vs "I don't like this song at all" etc. This applies even more when the song or art IS good and there isn't really a reason to hate it. The art for that video is exceptionally well drawn.

I said this in the thread, stop grasping at straws.

Weldar wrote:Fobby's currently on a week long temp ban anyway so this poll will probably stay open until that is up. If you feel there's no need to continue the discussion feel free to stop posting in this thread and go back to your regular forum surfing, all talk related to the topic should be confined to this thread after all.

So the ones who don't think fobby deserves a ban should just stop voicing their opinions and leave this thread to be a fobby bashing playground. Sounds like a great idea Weldar, why didn't I think of it.

Probably that mass of grey matter in my skull, just maybe.

For I believe the third time, you're all retarded. This whole incident has been blown way the fuck out of proportion and is turning users against each other. You know what Fobbys doing right now? Laughing his fucking ass off at you guys overreacting like this.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Warchamp, and other Fobby supporters for that matter, I do want to ask something, and I want you to consider this rationally.

If any newbie, or anyone beside Fobby would act like he does, would you tolerate it? Imagine.....Darkfalco acting like Fobby does, would you tolerate it?

I wandered this myself and found that, I wouldnt, Hence I am for a ban.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:18 pm

I imagined if Requium was like Fobby. I realised... no, wait, I'd still laugh at the antics, and when it turned to me, not let it get under my skin.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:32 pm

King Avalanche wrote: Imagine.....Darkfalco acting like Fobby does, would you tolerate it?

lulz. i don't think they could ever imagine that XD i'll go ahead and throw my opinion out there. i too think it's been blown out of proportion a bit too much. sure fobby can be a complete ass but so has a lot of the people on the forum. if anything just ban him for a bit again. yeah maybe he'll just act the same again, but thats not a certainty. honestly i take less offense to him than others here.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:34 pm

And yot you get pkssed at trolls IRL. Double standard?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Point is, if others would be like fobby, i would tolerate them. Why? Because fobby isn't all bad. You're talking about some noobie coming along and trololo-ing the place. Fuck that nooby. But strangely, i dont see fobby as trolling much, more being burtally honest with everyone, including himself. And my guess is, some of us can't take that, not here where everyone is supposed to be understanding and reassuring for them, cuddeling them and telling them it'll be allright. Thats not what friends are for.

I'd rather have a friend like fobby who'd just flat out tell me my singing sucked, than a friend who'd say it was good, little 'rough' here and there etc etc, indulging in my fantasy that im a fantasic singer.
So yeah. If you can't take the truth, ban the fucker who tells the truth huh?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Warchamp7 wrote: turning users against each other. You know what Fobbys doing right now? Laughing his fucking ass off at you guys overreacting like this.

It is a simple debate. If you do not like it you do not have to be part of it. Besides just because some people disagree on here does not mean it will effect anything.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top