What are you thinking of NOW

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you thinking of NOW

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:11 am

TheHunted wrote:
JGH27 wrote:
TheHunted wrote:
Its funny because while you might have higher drunks and druggies in Canada. Our HAND GUN (not including other guns) muder rate alone is seriously OVER 9000 9823 or (something like that) while Canada's was I believe below 10

Well, our gun control laws are a big part of that. We got more druggies and drunks tho? Drunks I can kinda see. I know Vancouver, British Columbia has a horrible rep for drugs and crime.

There is no way you have more Drunks. Maybe Druggies. But America is famous for drunks. Mostly because of Irish Immigrants.

Ok, I thought you were saying we had more drunks and druggies. I was thinking that was unlikely just for size reasons alone.

Smash, we do have gangs here but it's not a major issue like in the US as far as I'm aware. I never watch the news or read the newspaper *shrugs*

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

JGH27 wrote:
TheHunted wrote:
JGH27 wrote:
TheHunted wrote:
Its funny because while you might have higher drunks and druggies in Canada. Our HAND GUN (not including other guns) muder rate alone is seriously OVER 9000 9823 or (something like that) while Canada's was I believe below 10

Well, our gun control laws are a big part of that. We got more druggies and drunks tho? Drunks I can kinda see. I know Vancouver, British Columbia has a horrible rep for drugs and crime.

There is no way you have more Drunks. Maybe Druggies. But America is famous for drunks. Mostly because of Irish Immigrants.

Ok, I thought you were saying we had more drunks and druggies. I was thinking that was unlikely just for size reasons alone.

Smash, we do have gangs here but it's not a major issue like in the US as far as I'm aware. I never watch the news or read the newspaper *shrugs*

American news sucks. the "if it bleeds it leads" policy is entertaining but ridiculous. There always talking about negative things happening. Murders. kidnapping, rape and all that crap and making Americans paranoid. My solution to Americas Crime rate give everyone a gun. Sure it will start off bad. But as soon as we shoot all the criminals life goes on to progress quicker.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:19 am

The worst thing you have to worry about in my neighborhood is a B&E.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:22 am

smashbro wrote:The worst thing you have to worry about in my neighborhood is a B&E.

Yeah I live in a relatively safe part of NJ. Go a little south though and I hit Camden. First 2 rules of Camden... We don't talk about Camden.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:24 am

TheHunted wrote:
American news sucks. the "if it bleeds it leads" policy is entertaining but ridiculous. There always talking about negative things happening. Murders. kidnapping, rape and all that crap and making Americans paranoid. My solution to Americas Crime rate give everyone a gun. Sure it will start off bad. But as soon as we shoot all the criminals life goes on to progress quicker.

Hmm, not sure I agree with that thought but you are entitled to your opinion. Perhaps because of the fact you don't have gun control, bringing it in now might be a bit too late to effectively lower the crime rate. I mean, so many American's (I apologise if I'm incorrect) are already in possession of fire arms that to impose new, stricter laws just doesn't seem feasible. Neither does handing everyone a gun to shoot up the place. Unfortunently I don't see any real solution to resolve what is I'm sure, a growing epidemic among your nation. The whole war in Iraq and terror "threats" I'm sure don't help matters at all.

Wow, I should be a news anchor....

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:26 am

JGH27 wrote:
TheHunted wrote:

Hmm, not sure I agree with that thought but you are entitled to your opinion. Perhaps because of the fact you don't have gun control, bringing it in now might be a bit too late to effectively lower the crime rate. I mean, so many American's (I apologise if I'm incorrect) are already in possession of fire arms that to impose new, stricter laws just doesn't seem feasible. Neither does handing everyone a gun to shoot up the place. Unfortunently I don't see any real solution to resolve what is I'm sure, a growing epidemic among your nation. The whole war in Iraq and terror "threats" I'm sure don't help matters at all.

Wow, I should be a news anchor....

Nope your right A lot of us own guns. My own personal opinion is a little harsh maybe stupid but I know it would lower the crime rate. Not sure about posting it though Don't wanna start another flame war.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:30 am

TheHunted wrote:
smashbro wrote:The worst thing you have to worry about in my neighborhood is a B&E.

Yeah I live in a relatively safe part of NJ. Go a little south though and I hit Camden. First 2 rules of Camden... We don't talk about Camden.
I'm in a town 30 min from Sacramento, and Sac isn't even that bad. I still wouldn't walk the streets at night there whereas I would, and have, here.

I love Fight Club, btw.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:31 am

smashbro wrote:I love Fight Club, btw.

One of the greatest movies ever.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:31 am

Nor do I want another war, honestly most of the time I'm laidback. Yesterdays comments just really irked me the wong way on a bad day. Anyways, I'm sure if worded properly and intelligently (not to compare to yesterdays issue, not my intentions) your opinions can be debated civially I'm sure. I'm actually quite interested in it. PM me if you wish even.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:35 am

JGH27 wrote:Nor do I want another war, honestly most of the time I'm laidback. Yesterdays comments just really irked me the wong way on a bad day. Anyways, I'm sure if worded properly and intelligently (not to compare to yesterdays issue, not my intentions) your opinions can be debated civially I'm sure. I'm actually quite interested in it. PM me if you wish even.

I think we should go back to hanging criminals publicly. Make an example of serious criminals. It shouldn't take 15 years either. I'm talking within 2 years. I realize the issue of some of them might be innocent, but I believe this change some peoples mind when it comes to murdering or raping another person.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:40 am

The Death Penalty has always been a topic for discussion in my school years and we usually vote against it. Of course, our crime rate is pretty minor compared to yours. Now, I can see the Death Penalty being a possible step towards reducing crime. Now public hangings I'm not a fan of personally. Lethal injection is what I, personally, would be more of a fan of. The 15 year thing is kinda long, but 2 is too short (no pun intended). I think a minimum of 5 years to prove ones innocence then after that anytime is good to put them down. Of course, my opinion is influenced heavily by our lack of crime and just general reputation as peace keepers and sensitivity.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 am

I'd go with five years. But I think it would be far more effective if we publicly showed painful executions. Show potetial criminals whats in store for them if they commit serious crimes. Like downloading music... Laughing

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:50 am

TheHunted wrote:I'd go with five years. But I think it would be far more effective if we publicly showed painful executions. Show potetial criminals whats in store for them if they commit serious crimes. Like downloading music... Laughing

You got a point there, I guess it all depends on perspective. And downloading music only officially became illegal last month here. So no more even downloading for privat use as it had been. Unless you buy from iTunes and that type of deal.

Anyways, this has been quite an interesting convo and I'd love to continue it but it's 4am and I'm spent.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:51 am

JGH27 wrote:
TheHunted wrote:I'd go with five years. But I think it would be far more effective if we publicly showed painful executions. Show potetial criminals whats in store for them if they commit serious crimes. Like downloading music... Laughing

You got a point there, I guess it all depends on perspective. And downloading music only officially became illegal last month here. So no more even downloading for privat use as it had been. Unless you buy from iTunes and that type of deal.

Anyways, this has been quite an interesting convo and I'd love to continue it but it's 4am and I'm spent.

Yeah were on the same Timezones then. Only difference is I took a nap from 3pm to 10pm

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 am

TheHunted wrote:
JGH27 wrote:

Yeah were on the same Timezones then. Only difference is I took a nap from 3pm to 10pm

I usually sleep from anywhere between 3am-9 or 10am.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:59 am

JGH27 wrote:
TheHunted wrote:
JGH27 wrote:

I usually sleep from anywhere between 3am-9 or 10am.

I'm still In school.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 am

Ahh, true enough. Once I start working I'll be on "normal" sleep hours lol

FYI, I've pm'd you

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:08 am

JGH27 wrote:Ahh, true enough. Once I start working I'll be on "normal" sleep hours lol

FYI, I've pm'd you

I replied. School Blow but I need to become a Lawyer/Film Maker/ Archeologist.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Does it lag IRL? D=

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Back to top