All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Dream thread. Post past dreams, future dreams, ways of sleeping, and dream control.

Only had a lucid dream twice. My problem is, when you realize you are in a dream, sometimes, that prompts you to instinctively wake up. I have realized I was dreaming while trying to have a lucid dream many many many times, but was only able to control it twice.

And even then you can't control everything. I tried to fly but only got 60 feet up and fell over and over again.

I also tried to do sexual things with people, but since I had never fully seen a vagina at that point, it was impossible for my mind to make it happen.

One reason most people can never dream death.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:45 am

Yay, dreams.
Basically...if dreams actually reveal something about human psyche, perhaps I don't want to know what mine mean. Some of the things there are just too absurd. We're talking "midday tea with talking squirrel" random here. Some of this stuff is completely messed up.
I do like how I never, ever question the weird things while in the dream. And this random crap is never actually in my nightmares, those are more grounded in reality. I guess it's hard for me to be afraid of something that doesn't exist.

I've had a lucid dream only once and even then I didn't have much control over it. I'd really love to have them more often and last year I tried all of that reality check stuff for several weeks. I didn't get any results, so I sort of gave up.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:12 am

I don't dream much, but when I do I completely lose myself into it. Which is fine by me. When I go to sleep, I go to rest. I don't sleep to have crazy adventures in my mind :p
My dreams are always impossible and on crack, but during them they seem just as much RL to me as typing this post does. And I'm okay with that.

Being able to control my dream would ruin it's value for me, so i won't even give it a thought Razz

And dream interpertation for me has always lead to a confirmation of shit I already knew. Mainly get those really elaborate ones when i'm having a really shitty time already, so...

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:49 am

makes my think about a mitch hedberg joke:

Sleeping is allright, but dreaming...i dont want to dream. I sleep because i want my rest, and when i dream, i dont get any rest. I'll be lying in my bed, just chilling, then all of a sudden i'm building a Go-cart with my ex landlord. Thats not rest!

I dont dream much. Had a period last month full of nightmares, shit sucked. I want to try lucid dreaming, but i don't think it'll work. Or even how to do it.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:48 am

Lucid dreams I don't think I've ever really had, but dear god the amount of madness in my dreams I cannot begin to describe... I've had dreams ranging from being a forgotten god and burning myself away on a pyre so as to set the world ablaze, to inanimate objects suddenly speaking to me as I pass by them, to playing an oversized game of chess, to a zombie invasion only everybody was zombies being turned into normal humans. It was quite strange that last one

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:11 am

I think I've had one lucid dream naturally. Problem was that once I realized it I had no idea what to do with it. So as soon as I realized it was a dream I sat down and waited for myself to wake up. That was a long time ago though.

Progress report! I put a notebook right next to my bed and managed to write down most of the dream I had last night. I'm sure most of the pieces are missing, but normally I never remember anything at all so that's some progress right there.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:27 am

I lucid dream pretty often, but one thing I learned, don't try and do it too often, because then your mind starts playing tricks on you, and it's not fun at all. Like, I'm talking everything going fine, and then a giant spider that breaths out bees shows up behind you. (Why yes, I am deathly afraid of Spiders and Bees, why do you ask?)

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:51 am

I tend to have pretty epic dreams that string together into something like a movie. One even had a Shyamalan twist at the end of it Laughing Lately I struggle to remember them though, which is pretty sad.

I don't think I've ever lucidly dreamt, but I do remember at one point realising I was in a dream. In the dream I was having a hugely frustrating time, so I yelled up at the sky/real me to wake the hell up so I wouldn't have to keep dealing with this crap. No answer came so I sighed and got on with it.

Minby_Aran wrote: (Why yes, I am deathly afraid of Spiders and Bees, why do you ask?)

Sorry Minby, this was the first thing that popped into my mind at that:

Spoiler:

NOT THE BEES

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 am

Ugh...That reminded me of when a teacher made us describe, in detail, what room 101 would be for us when we were doing 1984.
Still relevant to this topic because I didn't sleep for three days after that.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Now, excuse me for sounding like a mary-sue here, but I've been able to lucid dream since I was a child. I sort of just picked it up as a way to cope with bad dreams. The fear becomes like my trigger, so I question, "wait, is this real life?" and if it isn't, I realize I am dreaming and can pull myself out of it. I don't have bad dreams often anymore so I don't lucid dream very often. And I never did the whole "I am god this is my universe" thing, I usually just wake up or dream about something more pleasant.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:51 pm

SurgePox wrote: is this real life?"

Is this just Fantasy?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Ansem wrote:
SurgePox wrote: is this real life?"

Is this just Fantasy?

Caught in a landslide...

I've never lucid dreamt, but I have had premonition dreams? I can vaguely remember dreaming about mundane things, like getting a new student in my class or things like that, only to have them happen a day or two later. Hmm.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Yeah I kinda do that too Surge, though I dunno if I'd fully call it lucid dreaming for me. I don't know if it happens so much with nightmares (though I honestly can't remember the last time I had a nightmare) but I get it in situations where I don't really want to be there (for example having a dream about going to school and doing another exam after I'd done all my final exams). Something feels off or I try to think of how I got into the situation and realise I'm dreaming. But I never think I can do whatever I want or I can dream about something nicer I just think, I don't have to be here, I can just wake up and leave whenever I want, and then I do.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:45 pm

I once had a dream that a past teacher and friend of mine came to me and told me she was going to die.

When I woke up and got on Facebook, I saw that she had passed away while I was asleep.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 am

SnakeInABox wrote:I once had a dream that a past teacher and friend of mine came to me and told me she was going to die.

When I woke up and got on Facebook, I saw that she had passed away while I was asleep.
holy cow thats crazy 0.o i've lucid dreamed quite a bit, mainly from having to drag myself out of nightmares as a child. it's become a defense mechanism really

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 am

Only three days into trying to lucid dream and I managed to recognize the fact it was a dream already!

Problem was this happened at around 5 AM and I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards.

The funny thing was, the dream was about me on this forum. When I went to this thread I remembered to do a reality check and the second I looked at my hands (Apparently this is the easiest test) I woke up.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:22 am

Had a dream that I remembered last night.

Ryan was in this one actually and he appeared how he looks in real life. We were both going to the same school and went through what I think was an entire day in the dream only scattered around. And we spent most of the time talking. It was awesome, then I woke. Got less awesome after that.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:44 pm

I had a weird dream last night I was stalking Bob Ross.

I was at a palaeontological event and feeling pretty morose since I still haven't got a job involving it and baww-my-life-is-a-waste. Then the two special guests turned up: Bob Ross and Harrison Ford. I was completely blown away by the former and spent most of the event trying to introduce myself, but he was busy doing panels and things. I politely waited for him to finish one when Harrison Ford wandered up and started making conversation with me. I politely entertained him for a while before coming out and saying "I'm sorry Mr Ford, but it's really Bob Ross I'm here to see, not you." I did get his autograph though so he wouldn't feel too ignored.

When I did eventually get to meet him I gushed like a fangirl. And yes the phrase "happy little tree" got used. Seriously, what the hell, Bob Ross?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:18 pm

My last dream involved me shaving my facial hair.

I woke up and decided to go do so.

Such exiting dreams I dream

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:27 pm

I forgot we had this thread!

I had two fucked up dreams, 2 nights in a row. This was really weird for me because I NEVER remember my dreams.

First night, it was like I was in a Barbie movie. Except the physics were different, it was as though I was actually a doll coming to life, a la Toy Story. I was in a boarding school, and I had a group of friends, and we were all really repressed. And one of the teachers (who looked like my year 10 music teacher) pulled my friend apart to teach us a lesson, so I had to try and save her. I think she was about to do the same to me and I was trying to stand up to her when I woke up.

Second night, started with me going to visit Weldar. And he was playing basketball for some reason? And then Fed was there, and he was being creepy (sorry Fed), then we were back in Brisbane and we met with some friends and caught the buses about at like 6am (even though there are no buses then) and ended up back at my house and then everyone made a huge mess and I think they left then my parents came home - then the dream shifted and I was being attacked and some guys were trying to kill me and I was crying and begging not to be stabbed and they were holding off for a bit but I think they were about to, then I woke up.

:U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:23 pm

I forgot about this too. I shall henceforth redouble my efforts to control lucid dreaming.

Anyway, since I watch so much TV and movies, and play so many video games, a lot of my dreams follow a plot or have action sequences. One dream I essentially was living day to day life, work in the morning, stop over somewhere for lunch, watch TV, except any time I did something I gained experience and some things had quests. Still, it didn't affect things much until I hit level 20 and gained the ability to teleport anywhere at will. That's when things got odd. I started by teleporting to Space and referencing the Space Sphere. Then I teleported to zombies (No location, just zombies) and then I flew over to the TARDIS and I met the Doctor who was Chris Eccleston except he was a Ginger. I spent the rest of the dream just walking around the TARDIS and for some reason the Doctor didn't want me to so he started chasing me around with his screwdriver.

That's the last dream I recorded and it was about a month ago. I need to start this up again as I have trouble remembering.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Had a weird dream last night and TD was in this one. Again in his real life self and not link.

Can't remember it as good as Ryans. But it was somewhere along the lines of us make models out of clay and they would turn into actual people. really strange dream.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Fed and Avalanche turned up in my dream last night. I went on a short holiday to Austria to hang out with them (apparently Vienna looks just like a British seaside resort) and it was the most awkward thing ever. Fed was clinging to me to the point of it being creepy, I lost most of my stuff overboard (Fed owns a boat dontcha know) and Av thought it would be hilarious to make out to my boyfriend that we'd had an affair whilst I was over there. He very nearly got stabbed to death with a gladius of all things before I broke it up.

So, uh, yeah, that wasn't a fun holiday Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Why the hell do both you and Camilla dream, that i am the worst creeper ever? Maybe I need to change my behaviour or something?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Raya wrote:Av thought it would be hilarious to make out to my boyfriend that we'd had an affair whilst I was over there. He very nearly got stabbed to death with a gladius of all things before I broke it up.

I first read that as Av thought it would be hilarious to make out with my boyfriend, not sure which one is more entertaining really Razz

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top