Look down, look back up. This thread is now Eurovision

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Look down, look back up. This thread is now Eurovision

Post  Fedaykin on Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 am

Pineapple wrote:Austria's was awful, sorry Fed. Razz

So we get semi-final 2 around the same time you guys get the actual grand final. xD

I KNOW RIGHT

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat May 26, 2012 6:54 am

It got stuck in my head for a while and i hated myself for it.

So I keep listening to Moldova's to cleanse my brain. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat May 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Camilla, do not open this spoiler until you've seen the final!

Spoiler:
We won! We won! We won! We won! We won!

Also, fun fact: Loreen is teetotal. Nationalistic pride and teetotal pride! Fuck yeah!

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat May 26, 2012 6:03 pm

So Raya, meetup in Stockholm instead?

And I heard something of Capoeira being involved in Sweden's entry, so no complain here.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 27, 2012 8:08 am

Finally got to see it. I downed my wine before the votes even began so I couldn't take a drink every time Sweden got 12 points...but yeah it was pretty clear from the start that Sweden had it. Well deserved victory.

We spent the evening going "euphoooooooooooooooriaaaaaaaaaaaa" and waving our arms madly. Razz

I really wanted to see Moldova get up there because I love that song, it was a lot of fun and I've got a bit of a crush on that guy. Oh well, I never expected them to do very well. Just in the top half of the scores made me happy. I was very pleased to see Russia get in 2nd. I loved those grannies.

On the other hand, Azerbaijan bored me, and Albania was awful. Seriously, it hurt my ears to listen to. We were outraged that they kept getting so many points. Razz Serbia was kinda 'eh' to me as well, but not as bad as Albania for me.

I'm honestly disappointed Jedward didn't do better. Despite my protests I really enjoyed their performance. It was just fun, and a way better song than Lipstick. Eh, who knows.

Poor old Engelbert. I thought he was going to get single figures, until Ireland gave him 4. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 27, 2012 2:57 pm

*flips table*

This contest is a joke, it's all rigged, never watching it again etc etc. I know people often joke about the voting being ridiculous, but seriously, it must be true. How the hell did Albania- an entry that was three minutes of a woman screaming- get so many bloody points? And how did Iceland get so few?

I actually didn't like Sweden's entry, sorry Sah. It was just so generic, which is probably why it did so well. The performance was rubbish as well, for saying she just waved her arms around a bit. I think it did well though because it was a by-the-numbers Europop that's already been in the charts.

Terrible shame about the UK entry coming in so low, but I figured we were doomed as soon as I saw we'd drew the first spot. The first 7 places always do terribly, since by the time voting starts everybody's forgot about them, plus people tuning in late. But we didn't come last, Norway maintained its time-honoured tradition of that Razz

I did think the contest was somewhat lacking this year...there was little host banter (maybe a good thing, the male host's smile was helluva creepy. It was as if it was fixed, like he was a robot or something). Also some of the postcards got repeated and the extra entertainment seemed a bit lacklustre. I enjoyed most of the songs though.

Also my party went down extremely well, although everyone managed to do most of their bingo in the first 10 minutes Razz Made up loads of food, tried other European foods (including snails!), had a pinata, wore silly hats...good times.

Fedaykin wrote:So Raya, meetup in Stockholm instead?

Could be a plan! Maybe they'll hold it in Malmo again next year~

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 pm

My wine was gone by Moldova's entry. My drunk Texan friend, who'd never watched Eurovision before, spent the entire thing loudly complaining about all the acts (although she did love Russia).

but we were ALL screaming every time Albania got points. =\ And cheering every time Russia did. I liked Sweden's (I preferred Lithuania and Moldova, I think I even preferred Ireland because Jedward was just fun, I've gone to the dark side I know) but winning by over 100 points?

If I'd had enough alcohol to take a shot every time Sweden got 12 points I would have passed out.

Also I was amused to see Mr. Lordi give the points for Finland. Even if his jokes went down like a lead balloon. I particuarly like how his background was rotating stock footage.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:16 pm

I've seriously been considering getting tickets to go see the 2013 final in Sweden (if they hold the final in Malmo again I think Sah will physically drag me there anyway Razz). Although tickets aren't officially on sale yet, a Swedish ticketing agency has started selling them. Prices rang from €276/£223 to €443/£358. Uh, holy shit. Factoring in flights, 3 nights in a hotel and expenses, that's looking at around a £800 trip. Guess I'm hosting my Eurovision party again next year Razz Word on the street though is that this isn't 100% legit and the actual prices will be at least half that, so we'll have to see.

Luckily I might not have to go quite as further afield in 2014! Found this post, it made me smile, thought I'd share it:

Eurovision 2013 – There are 349 days to go until the Eurovision Final 2013, but when it comes to certain statistics the winner is already clear: The United Kingdom will win Eurovision 2013. Why? Well here we go:

1) First of all, in the last 5 years, the winning country came either Top 5 or Bottom 6 in the previous contest (Russia, Norway, Azerbaijan and Sweden came Top 5, Germany came Bottom 6). So looking at this year’s scoreboard, that leaves:

Sweden, Russia, Serbia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Norway, United Kingdom, Hungary, Denmark, France, Malta

2) Every time the contest was held in Sweden, a country that is geographically smaller than Sweden won. That leaves:

Serbia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Norway, United Kingdom, Hungary, Denmark, Malta

3) In the last decade no direct neighboring country of the host country won. That leaves:

Serbia, Albania, Azerbaijan, United Kingdom, Hungary, Malta

4) The shortest time between two wins of the same country (of a country that won this century) is currently 13 years (Sweden 1999 and Sweden 2012). That leaves:

Albania, United Kingdom, Hungary, Malta

5) Every time the contest was held in Sweden a country whose official language is a Germanic language won. That leaves:

United Kingdom, Malta

6) In the last 9 years at least one color from the flag of the previous year’s winning country was also in the succeeding winning country’s flag. (Sweden = blue, yellow). That leaves:

United Kingdom

7) also:

- The last time the contest was held in Scandinavia (Norway), a Big 5 country won (Germany)
- The last time the Olymic Games were held in Europe, the host country (Greece) won the Eurovision Song Contest the year after! London 2012, anyone?

8 ) It is thus 100% clear that the United Kingdom will win the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Sweden. ^^

P.S I wouldn’t bet based on this ^^

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:53 am

Someone fill me in, who won this years Europes Next Top Idol?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Well, looks like I'm not going to Malmo next year. Tickets for the final are already sold out. Wow, thanks for all the publicity there about the tickets going on sale Eurovision. Especially since you originally said that they were going on sale in 2013. Saying that though apparently some more might be released later...though the ticket site is all in Swedish so I don't know the details. Sah, can you help?

Failing all else, looks like my Eurovision party is back again next year! Thinking of having a Swedish themed one, with some Swedish food and party games. Should be fun!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm

You'll turn your house into IKEA? Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Complete with a monkey in a coat.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Wow that monkey sure is stylish. A bit illegal, but oh so stylish.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:52 pm

That reminds me of how one of the people in my old neighborhood had a monkey as a pet. It was AWESOME!!!!! The little guy was friendly and playful, it was a sad day when it died.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:18 am

My country is a bit divided about whatt we're sending in this year. Apparently Anouk, some local popular singer that's actually rather good, sold out and will go as our entry this year.

Opinions vary from it being a complete and utter shame to that it's cool but we still wont win anyway to that we might finally whoop everyone's arses.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:
Opinions vary from it being a complete and utter shame to that it's cool but we still wont win anyway to that we might finally whoop everyone's arses.

Pretty much the UK's reaction to sending Engelbert Humperdinck last year.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:My country is a bit divided about whatt we're sending in this year. Apparently Anouk, some local popular singer that's actually rather good, sold out and will go as our entry this year.

Anouk is one of the biggest dutch acts, not a local popular singer you oaf! :p

3 of her standard bandmembers are teachers at my school, she's pretty fucking big, and pretty fucking good too.
Shame it's not anything related to eurovisio, like, at all.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

So...one of the top four potential entrants for Sweden this year is a weeaboo trap.

This isn't the song; it's not available on youtube because apparently Swedish TV are dicks and keep taking it down. It's the artist though.

As much as I know I should be unhappy, I'm strangely okay with this. I'm surprised nobody's done visual kei before at Eurovision. Though Eurovision is so bonkers I doubt anyone would notice.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:17 am

This is not Germany's entry, but this is the group.

I'm like 'hang on, Cascada...' and returned to my useless trivia and remembered this song. So, early 00s? dance pop in the final from Germany, then.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:36 pm

The artist who'll be representing the UK has been announced...it's Bonnie Tyler.

I am totally okay with this.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Raya wrote:The artist who'll be representing the UK has been announced...it's Bonnie Tyler.

I am totally okay with this.

I WANT THE UK TO WIN SO BAD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 am

Hey, that silly old contest is coming soon! I wonder what we're sendin in this y...

finland wat r u doin

finland stahp

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Oh gawd, every single male in that video has a reaction image expression. Hilarious.

Am I being an idiot, or is she actually singing 'fuck you' over and over? There's no way they can allow that in, it's in the Eurovision rules:

The lyrics and/or performance of the songs shall not bring the Shows, the ESC as such or the EBU into disrepute. No lyrics, speeches, gestures of a political or similar nature shall be permitted during the ESC. No swearing or other unacceptable language shall be allowed in the lyrics or in the performances of the songs. No commercial messages of any kind shall be allowed. A breach of this rule may result in disqualification

Here's the UK entry btw:

Can't say I'm impressed, it doesn't stand out at all. She has such a powerful voice but it's not being used. Well, guess we're not winning this year either.

I think Bonnie might have been raiding my wardrobe though...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Raya wrote:Oh gawd, every single male in that video has a reaction image expression. Hilarious.

Am I being an idiot, or is she actually singing 'fuck you' over and over? There's no way they can allow that in, it's in the Eurovision rules:
It's 'for you', but knowing the artist, it's probably intentional.

I mean, the song is basically about this girl:

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Yep, UK's as bland as ever. Sorry, Raya.

Finland's...sure is a song.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top