Look down, look back up. This thread is now Eurovision

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Look down, look back up. This thread is now Eurovision

Post  Raya on Tue May 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Wellp, all the entries have been announced! There’s a good crop of them this year, some of them are proper cracking. Personally I think it’s going to be a three horse race between Belgium, Armenia and Italy, but I’m putting all my money on Italy.

Belgium
Spoiler:

Channelling the spirit of Lorde comes Belgium! I totally though this was a female singer until I saw the video. I suspect it may not translate well as a live performance, but it’s still great and I think the hype may carry it. These offbeat songs have been doing very well recently, so this might be the one to finally nudge them into first place.

Armenia
Spoiler:

Officially the most depressing Eurovision video ever. But it’s a very good song and a heartwarming gimmick (the singers are from different continents but all connected to Amenia). It will get zero points from Turkey and Azerbaijan.

Italy
Spoiler:

Quite simply, this song is amazing. It’s atmospheric, powerful, and if the guys give an amazing performance on the night they’re just going to steamroll the whole thing. I’m very certain this will be the winner this year, it’s such a good song.

And now on to some honourable and dishonourable mentions:

Moldova
Spoiler:

Oh lordy, this is so bad, but I love it because it’s bad. It’s as if a member of a boyband stumbled through a time portal from the mid 90s. This won’t get through the semi-finals, but I’m happy to enjoy the cheese.

Estonia
Spoiler:

One of those songs that’s boring but you weirdly really like. Totally going to get a load of points from the Netherlands.

Russia
Spoiler:

Russia singing about world peace. Apparently there is no word in the Russian language for ‘irony’. Also apparently there are no black people in Russia.

Israel
Spoiler:

Kicks in properly at 1:07. This is one of those Mediterranean summer holiday songs you hear playing in bars up and down the Costa del Sol. Cheesy but fun.

Typically enough all my favourite songs are in the semi-final the UK can't vote in, arrgh. Still, absolutely can't wait!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:58 am

IT BEGINS! First song of the contest has been announced!

It's not bad, definitely final material but won't win. Albania have always been a bit average at Eurovision, looks like this year won't be any different. A good start to this year's run up though.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:10 pm

It sucks being the only big fan on the forum. Pic related is me currently.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:09 pm

We're only a month away now, and all the songs have been announced. Time for my annual rundown of notable songs, so you don't have to wade through them all!

Top Of The Pops Tier

Ireland- Sunlight

Spoiler:

Shameless rip off of last year’s winner, but dammit, this is a good song that really grows on you. It’s cheery, makes you want to dance, and is just a feel-good song. I love it.

Russia- You Are The Only One

Spoiler:

Another that’s dangerously unoriginal. This one is tipped to be the favourite this year. Also wins the award for the stupidest lyric of the year- “Thunder and lightning, it’s getting exciting.”

Israel- Made Of Stars

Spoiler:

Blatant 12 point bait. But admit it, you like it. This is probably going to have an amazing stage performance to go with it.

Romania- Moment Of Silence

Spoiler:

What an anthem! Romania love entering epic songs, and this is one of them. Get your lighters in the air! Bonus: Half-naked man swinging a sword around.

Dark Horse Tier

Netherlands- Slow Down

Spoiler:

The Netherlands have had a theme recently of entering non-traditional Eurovision songs, and it’s paid off- although they’ve not won, they’ve all scored highly and been well received. This is another one, and it’s a cracker of a song. You’re guaranteed to have your hands in the air. I think this will easily be in the top 5.

Cyprus- Alter Ego

Spoiler:

Definitely one of my favourite songs this year. This would easily top the charts if released as a regular song. By the second chorus you’ll be singing along to the howling. Really hope this gets through to the final, I love it.

Georgia- Midnight Gold

Spoiler:

Georgia enter something that isn’t shit for once. Quirky, moody, will be interesting to see how it performs.

That Was Unexpected Tier

Austria- Loin d’ici

Spoiler:

Austria entering a song all in French. Alright then.

Montenegro- The Real Thing

Spoiler:

Montenegro really doesn’t give a fuck what people think, and will gladly enter whatever takes it’s fancy. Case in point.

Spain- Say Yay!

Spoiler:

Completely average until it hits the chorus. Wow, this is surprisingly good.

Stuff I Like So It Will Not Get Through The Semi Finals Tier

Belarus- Learn To Fly

Spoiler:

Yeah yeah, the guy can’t sing, but man I really like this song. Song featuring a wolf #2

San Marino- I Didn’t Know

Spoiler:

This has had a LOT of backlash, and I’m not sure why. His voice takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s a funky song and I don’t think it’s as bad as people are saying.

Iceland- Hear Them Calling

Spoiler:

Greta Salome sung one of my favourite Eurovision songs back in 2012- Never Forget (totally gonna duet this with Fed on the karaoke one day). Now she’s back with a great song and what I think is a terrifying video. Pretty sure I had nightmares like that as a kid.

At Least You Tried Tier

UK- You’re Not Alone

Spoiler:

Another average entry from us. To be fair, it’s not terrible, and Joe & Jake are nice lads. This will probably end up somewhere in the middle.

Belgium-What's The Pressure

Spoiler:

Holy shit this is bad. How can Belgium go from having such an amazing song last year to this garbage? Not getting through the semis, no way.

FYR Macedonia- Dona

Spoiler:

DONA DONA DONA DONA DONA DONA

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue May 17, 2016 12:16 pm

I probably should just rename this thread my Eurovision blog.

Anyway, the 2016 contest is over, and the winner is Ukraine! The amount of butthurt coming from Russia is outstanding, it really is. It was a great show this year; the Swedes really know how to throw a contest, and Petra and Mans were amazing hosts. Looking forward to next year!

Also, this was a thing that happened:

Spoiler:

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top