Root, Shoot, and Reboot

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Root, Shoot, and Reboot

Post  TD260 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 pm

smashbro wrote:
Reboot: Resident Evil. RE4 was awesome, no doubt, but 5 was meh. Maybe the series should go back to explore its roots in being a horror game.
Psychological horror games are really "in" right now. Maybe pull a nintendo and re-release the first game with upgraded graphics and voices?

And camilla... YES. I USED TO PLAY THAT IN LIKE, 4th GRADE (On the school computers) AND NEVER FOUND IT AGAIN.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:06 pm

You guys only love me for my nationality D:

Viero wrote:That is at the start of the game, how can you say the story was horrible when you literary have not even seen it? Along with the characters personalities? As for the battle system. Just because you find it hard does not make it bad.

This is the reason I gave up playing FF7. I could have struggled through a boring story and clunky battle system in the vain hopes that dull and cliche characters became interesting, or I could have put down the controller and played something I actually enjoyed instead. So I did.

Here're my opinions~

Root: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I'm not saying that due to being a massive Pokemon fan. These games are nothing like the core games and are generally dismissed as being a childish knock-off. They're nothing like the sort- there's a genuinely dark storyline, there's death, there's redemption, there's backstabbing, betrayal and clinging desperately to the final hope of salvation. The music is the greatest in any Pokemon game and the storyline is fantastic, like an epic RPG. If your heart didn't break at the end of PMD2 you have no soul. Now where is my PMD3, dammit?!

Shoot: Baroque, for the Wii. Words cannot fully express my anger at this game. I picked it up because it sounded like a dark, gothic and, uh, baroque version of Mystery Dungeon. Eating raw flesh to restore your stamina! A slow descent into madness! A post-apocalyptic setting! Hot damn, I was going to love the shit out of this game.

Two hours later I was screaming obscenities and punching the screen repeatedly with my bloodied fists.

Every time you die, no matter how far you've progressed, you're kicked out of the dungeon. With no equipment. And reduced to level 1. Essentially every time you die the game restarts itself. And dying is what you'll do a lot. Oh, did I mention the battles are real time, so you can't actually plan the best way to get through the dungeon? No, you have to run screaming from everything, running into dead ends because every level is random. Especially since there's no decent weaponry or healing so every single monster will kill you with ease. They even enjoy chasing you and trapping you in corners you can't see because of the stupid camera angle. Your stamina drops even if you don't do anything, and since there's no fucking food anywhere chances are you'll starve to death if you do manage to outrun the monsters. Oh, and the only decent weapon you can pick up breaks after a few swings.

FUCK THIS GAME. FUCK IT TO HELL.

Reboot: Breath of Fire. This series was the first proper RPG I ever played and I loved it. We won't speak of the 5th game, as far as I'm concerned that abomination doesn't exist. The story and gameplay are superb and I still hold BoF3 as one of the greatest RPGs ever. It's the only game I've played where I've genuinely wanted to defeat the final boss- not so I could beat the game and complete the story, but because I honestly wanted to destroy her. She was a monster and I genuinely wanted to avenge all those she had wronged. No other game has ever made me feel that way. Plus BoF4 has my favourite villian ever, the fantastic Lord Yuna :3

There's no plans for a BoF6, with Capcom saying they just don't have the staff to work on properly making a new game. Sigh...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Naaw Raya, you know we love you Razz

Also; glad Im not the only one who raged at Baroque. But I thought it died a quiet death, so I left it be Razz
I do imagine raging over it had I payed for it.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Only love you for your nationality? Lies and slander! You are awesome regardless of that. Smile

Raya wrote:

Viero wrote:That is at the start of the game, how can you say the story was horrible when you literary have not even seen it? Along with the characters personalities? As for the battle system. Just because you find it hard does not make it bad.

This is the reason I gave up playing FF7. I could have struggled through a boring story and clunky battle system in the vain hopes that dull and cliche characters became interesting, or I could have put down the controller and played something I actually enjoyed instead. So I did.

Yes but here is the thing. This is not FF7. FF games are over hyped that only block out good games like Legend of Dragoon and other very good hidden gems. It has a excellent and eventful story that to this day is the only game that made me cry multiple times throughout playing it. Along with good character development with a good battle system. But he made it maybe 20-30 minutes in depending on his speed when the story was picking up when this is a four disk game.

Root:Game difficulty. While games have been getting up there again. (Donkey Kong Country Returns) I would still like to see some harder consul games like back in the day.

Shoot: Any short game in general that costs 50$, fucking rip off. Looking at you dragon quest swords. 50$ worth of content my ass, beat it in a few hours.

Reboot: The Mystical Ninja games. I simply loved them! Had a blast with 2 player on Goemons Great Adventure.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Root: Mafia, and old standby, I'm surprised we're still playing this game. Admittedly, I've have a hard time keeping up, but it's one of the gems of our little community here.

Shoot: Survivor. Sorry snake, but we never really got too far off the ground with this one. It's a mercy killing.

Reboot: Corrupt-a-wish REMEMBER THE GOOD OL' DAYS WITH ME, WON'T YOU ALL?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:03 pm

SurgePox wrote:

Reboot: Corrupt-a-wish REMEMBER THE GOOD OL' DAYS WITH ME, WON'T YOU ALL?

Corrupt a wish will come back. But we'll all make the same jokes over and over.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Okay, Viero? Don't talk smack about Final Fantasy Evil or Very Mad . I'll gladly admit VII was overhyped, but it was still a pretty great game with a lot of fun in it. I know it's an opinion thread, but that's no reason to be hypocritical. If it's all right to quit after a half-hour of FFVII, then it's all right to quit after a half-hour of Legend of Dragoon.

And I would totally be behind a reboot of Corrupt-a-wish. We should bring that thing back. It's been long enough.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 pm

I never said it was alright. I have played though most FF games and I just do not see the appeal in them. If it does not interested a person that is fine but to say that the story was horrible and the characters are bad when you barely got into it just makes no sense. And I am talking about any game in general. Not just LoD or FF.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Yeeaaah you did..... In response to Raya saying she stopped playing FF7 you said:

Viero wrote:Yes but here is the thing. This is not FF7. FF games are over hyped that only block out good games like Legend of Dragoon and other very good hidden gems.

...Implying pretty heavily that skipping FFVII was all right, while Legend of Dragoon wasn't.

ANYWAY! BACK ON TOPIC!

Root: Professor Layton. Something about these games just never gets old. Maybe it's the Professor with his gentlemanly ways. Maybe it's Luke who can magically talk to animals. Maybe it's just a good series of puzzles. Whatever it is, it works.

Shoot: The Sonic series. It's sad, but what we've all seen this terrible decline. This could fit under reboot, but I honestly don't think it's possible for them to recapture what made sonic great. That lies in the past with 16-bit graphics.

Reboot: Metroid series. It's been a good long while since I've loved a Metroid game. The Prime series was good, but for me the Metroid series was a side scroller. If they go back to that then great, but we probably won't see that anywhere but the 3DS, if that.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:53 pm

(don't want to cause an argument or anything over this point so I'll keep it short and simple. I respect your opinions and what-not) FFXI is awesome! I love it and play it all the time, most of the reason I don't beat other games, but that's beside the point. I also am keeping the faith that FFXIV's new director can get everything in gear and rolling, and so far he's doing a good job, but that's getting off topic. Moving on:

Root: Sorry TJ, gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I loves me some Sonic games. Call me a fanboy or whatever, you wouldn't be wrong, but I've personally really enjoyed the 3D sonic games. So much as to work on getting all 1000 achievepoints on the Xbox ones, and all the emblems on SA 1 & 2.

Reboot: Gunstar Heroes. SUUUUUUUUCH a good and simple game, not hindered to terribly by over complicated gameplay or a huge story line. You just ran around and shot things, and watched explosions happen. It was FUN. WANT MORE. I'd also take a reboot of Power Stone, loves the run around and beat people senseless with a giant frozen tuna.

Shoot: Um....totally can't think of any series I'd like to see go away. If I don't like a series I won't play it, but that's about the extent of it. I don't care if others like it or not.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:03 pm

TheTJ wrote:Root: Professor Layton. Something about these games just never gets old. Maybe it's the Professor with his gentlemanly ways. Maybe it's Luke who can magically talk to animals. Maybe it's just a good series of puzzles. Whatever it is, it works.

...this. So looking forward to the next game.

(especially since we may not get Professor Layton x Ace Attorney ;_; )

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:06 pm

queen_camilla wrote:
TheTJ wrote:Root: Professor Layton. Something about these games just never gets old. Maybe it's the Professor with his gentlemanly ways. Maybe it's Luke who can magically talk to animals. Maybe it's just a good series of puzzles. Whatever it is, it works.

...this. So looking forward to the next game.

(especially since we may not get Professor Layton x Ace Attorney ;_; )

Mask of Miracle WILL come... and if I don't get that crossover game, I WILL break something.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm liking the variety of choices you guys are posting.

Root: Mirror's Edge. The game wasn't perfect, but it was original and fun. It also was a first person experience that really made you feel like you were a person instead of being like most FPS games in how they're more like a camera with a gun. If a sequel is ever made, improvements can be done to make it better and overcome any shortcomings.

Shoot: Farmville.

Reboot: Pokemon Snap. Why not?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 pm

smashbro wrote:Shoot: Farmville.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS, I have to hang my head in shame every time I use my mom's laptop for just a second to view the intraweb, and I see that annoying "Time until harvest" bar at the top of the browser.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:04 pm

smashbro wrote:Reboot: Pokemon Snap. Why not?

YES! I had forgotten about that game. It really deserves another game. Just beat it recently as well.

Root: Resident Evil. while 5 was a good game by itself. Really is not a normal resident evil game or survival horror game.

Shoot: Star Wars. How they can make so many games when there are only like 3 movies I have no idea.

Reboot:Dark Cloud, probably the best, if not one of the best dungeon crawler games I played on a consul and the 2nd was a major improvement on the first so hopefully if they made another it would be even better then the 2nd.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Viero wrote:
Shoot: Star Wars. How they can make so many games when there are only like 3 movies I have no idea.
Extended universe. Star Wars isn't great just because there were three good movies, there is a TON of material that expands upon the canon of the Star Wars universe (comics, tv shows, video games, novels) and a lot of it I've been led to believe is of very high quality. Not a Star Wars fan, but that should answer your question.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Viero wrote:

YES! I had forgotten about that game. It really deserves another game. Just beat it recently as well.

Hey, with B/W coming out, they could totally reboot it with just the new 156-ish Pokemon.

that or PHOTOGRAPH ALL 649 LOLOLOLOL D:

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm

queen_camilla wrote:
Viero wrote:

Hey, with B/W coming out, they could totally reboot it with just the new 156-ish Pokemon.

that or PHOTOGRAPH ALL 649 LOLOLOLOL D:
PHOTOGRAPH ALL 649 LOLOLOLOL D:
My body has never been readier.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Make it with ALL the Pokemon and make it much more longer with more items. I would buy that game as soon as it came out.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top