TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:51 pm

“The pokemon world has taken a turn for the worse. A dark turn from which it can never fully come back. Pokemon are becoming ruthless, violent, deadly. They are becoming killers, as the numbers of Pokemon, and human, deaths are becoming more and more common. Gangs have joined to form super powerful groups capable of destroying entire towns. Radio waves and poisonous gases have devolved pokemon, and killed many of them. The ones who still live are brutal killers. Pokemon battles are now life and death for the pokemon, and sometimes, even for the trainers.

Mass violence and panic has destroyed whole cities, whole regions even. Water pollution in Hoenn has made it completely uninhabitable. Noxious gases from Mt. Coronett have made the entire nation of Sinnoh a wasteland. Survivors who escaped to Johto and Kanto are still badly wounded, and with the explosions of all pokemon centers, there's no help in sight.
Many legendary trainers and Gym Leaders are reported dead or missing. Elite Four Champion Red of Pallet Town has been missing since before this event started. Lt. Surge was seen helping fellow Kanto Gym Leaders Misty, Erika, and Sabrina escape. All of them are reported dead. Brock of Pewter City is reported alive in a hospital in the Orange Islands, which were not hit as hard as the mainland, he is in critical condition. Leaders Blaine and Koga, who were last reported in Cerulean Cave investigating a disturbance are MIA. Only leader Giovanni, the controversial Leader of the Viridian city Gym, is known to be in decent condition, as he was in Unova on a business meeting during the brunt of the attack. It was reported that he wept for the first time in years when he saw his Gym in ruins.

We have word that Elite Four member Bruno sacrificed himself to attempt to save his fellow Elite four members. Lorelei, who was at the entrance, and Lance, who was flying on his Dragonite are reported alive. We have no word on how Johto is as of now, due to Mt. Silver's collapse on the one road connecting Kanto and Johto. Not only is the path ruined, but all electrical and phone lines were destroyed as well, as was the track for the magnet train. When we asked one man on the street in Viridian City about what he thought of the situation, he proceeded to tell us how to catch Pokemon. A sad case of Alzheimer's indeed. In other Ne|\|”
The TVs all flicked off. Electricity from the power plant had finally run out. When it had collapsed, it took all of the Voltorbs and Electrodes with it. People started to gather outside in Cerulean City, the one city that seemed to be relatively stable. It was fairly easy to tell what people were like from the clothes they wore. Everyone alike seemed to wear the same thing. But now, after the destruction, you'd be hard pressed to find two of these folks who were alike. All different types of people had gathered as survivors. From hot shots to little kids, anyone who was fit enough to make it was living in Cerulean City.

But they knew it was a trap. They knew that among them were the ones who started this all, the ones who wanted to cleanse the land of people to start their own, new land. But the ones who's fault it was were smart people. They disguised themselves well, and as such, were able to fit right in. That scared child cowering behind your leg, that heroic figure rousing everyone to take down the scum, anyone could be against you. You can only trust yourself. But for some of the people in this city, they don't even know if they can trust themselves. This is life. This is hell. This is Mafia.

This game is quite different from previous games, due to the fact that pokemon are required for everything, and they each have their own powers. Lynches shall be pokemon battles, with the first person to vote for the one being lynched being the one to fight them. Your pokemon will be revealed upon death, but not your alignment. Modkillable offenses are listed in your role PMs. Roleclaiming is allowed, but not encouraged. Requesting a roleclaim will result in being modkilled. You are allowed a maximum of 5 PMs per dayphase, unless otherwise stated. The final mechanic that is central to this game is evolution. The flavor text was not all just for settings, all of your pokemon are basic pokemon, but are on the brink of evolving. If you kill a pokemon, either by lynching or nightkilling, your pokemon will evolve, and you will get new, improved powers. But be warned, with great power, comes great consequences. Use your powers wisely, and good luck to all.

Player List:
1. SnakeInABox
2. TheTJ
3. Omicron Austin
4. DarkFalco
5. Relmitos
6. Weldar
7. AvosMeLardo
8. Requiem
9. Sahrimnir
10. Perrytheplatypus
11. King Avalanche
12: Ansem
13. Raya
14. td260
15. Fedaykin
16. hudsonboy111
17. DRTJR
18. JGH27
19. Eisenbeißer
20. Viero
21. Spontaneous Combustion

Day 1: No Lynch
Night 1: SnakeinaBox was killed
Day 2: Raya was lynched by Sahrimnir
Night 2: King Avalanche was killed
Day 3: DRTJR was lynched by Weldar
Night 3: JGH and Perry were killed
Day 4: Viero was Lynched by TD
Night 4: The TJ was killed
Day 5: No one was killed
Night 5: Eisenbießer was killed
Day 6: Omicron_Austin was lynched by Ansem
Night 6: No one was killed
Day 7: Ends at 6:00 PM EST on Wednesday, May 11th

Last edited by Minby_Aran on Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 14 times in total

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Are PMs allowed? If so, any restrictions on them?
I couldn't find that in the opening post.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Sorry, that was my bad, I must have forgotten about it when I did some last minute editing. It's 5 PMs per dayphase unless otherwise noted. Updated to OP with it.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:14 pm

So it's an at thy own risk deal now... I can deal

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 pm

holy fuck, minby, you just crushed some childhood memories right there.

Evolution looks complicated as all hell, but whatever, all I know is that in this game,
A) Bricks will be shat.
B) The Shit will then get real.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Does that mean we will get real bricks?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:29 pm

td260 wrote:holy fuck, minby, you just crushed some childhood memories right there.

That means I'm doing it right!
td260 wrote:Evolution looks complicated as all hell, but whatever, all I know is that in this game,
If you don't understand it, I'll try to explain it a little better. When you cast your votes, they'll be in the order you cast them in. The first person who voted for the lynchee will be the one to "battle" and "kill" them. They will then "evolve" and be given new, better skills. Although this is a great benefit, facts about your pokemon will be revealed, moves and etc. Vote wisely.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Quick! Rebuild the world with the shit that is now bricks!

Any way on a more serious note. I am interested in seeing how the evolution thing turns out.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Well, I'm cool, This looks better than I thought it would, so right on

Anyway, curfew time, so I'm off for the night, and tomorrow the vet's coming back out to check up on the horse, so I should be ready to go in the afternoon, until then, try not to kill me, ka?

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Well, here's our problem.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Or some shit like that. The Mafians want those evolutions as bad as villagers do, yes. So how will we handle this vote situation?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Well there diffidently seems more of a risk for mafia to evolve with the tips that Minby sets out. So this evolution thing could help the town out.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm

*Wild Hogel uses 'Bide'*

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New news!

Post  nn8n on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm very glad that the hospital industry is picking up! That means more opportunities for nurses to branch out! La di dot! bounce

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:39 pm

I was curious as to how you would implement the evolution mechanic Razz And a battle system as well? thís sounds pretty fun.

Though what would happen should a electric pokemon trainer targets a ground type? or ground a flying type? psychic dark, ghost normal, poison steel........

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Why do I have the feeling, that people without knowledge about Pokemon have a slight disadvantage?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 pm

I think about just as much as the newer players were during TWBB or All-star related games, fed. Nothing you can't get over with asking around a bit.
All the rules should be clear, but perhaps you wont get the hints to roles or references as fast :p

Now who will cast the first vote? :p Everyone wants to evolve XD

Also, calling it now. Murkrow and Honchkrow are going to be given to the only usefull townie roles because trolling.
they're mafia birds for the pokémon illiterate

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:57 pm

I'd assume the battle are still like a normal lynch, just that the first voter reaps the benefits, or if there's an effect from matchups it small, like a one or two vote bonus of penalty, it'd be kinda lame if someone could survive a massive lynch on them just because the first voter's type matches up badly.

No alignment reveals on death really sorta sucks :\ Hopefully either the night plots give big hints on who's doing the killing or there's some sort of consistent theme across the mafia otherwise I can't say I really like that part of the game's design.

Now evolution, this looks interesting (much better than what I had with was just like small little goals to achieve that would unlock more powers). As Snake said the mafia want evolutions too but I wouldn't consider that too big a deal since if they really them they can get one by nightkilling. True they'd probably want to get the lynch evolutions as well but they can just as easy lay back and spread the killing duties among each other to evolve while still laying low. I would recommend trying to spread the evolutions around and not having the same people leading the lynches all the time (Or rather not having them vote first) however the revealing some flavour on evolutions. Depending on what's revealed and how much info the nightplot lines give this could potentially allow people to guess the roles of the person who voted first, which can be a sort of double edged sword. The flavour could link people to more important looking night actions, but also more suspicious looking ones. And coming back the the fact that you can also evolve from nightkills, this would mean someone not evolving after leading a lynch for the first time would be a pretty good sign of a nightkiller. So yeah we could use the lyches almost like a public psuedo-scan by having a chosen person vote first, though depending on how much is revealed we may want to be careful about that.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a person with a not too useful night action lead the first lynch and see how much info can be gleaned from the evolution flavour + nightplot. I'd volunteer myself for this since my night action really isn't really all that useful at all though I'd understand if I'm not quite trusted for it.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 am

Vote: Hudsonboy

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:20 am

I think the person that voted first for the person thats going to get lynched will be the one who evolves, not the one who votes first in general...
So unless hudson gets lynched, J here won't evolve, right?
... Having said that, i'm just going to claim the most known first day lynch :p Perhaps it'll pay off.

Vote: No one
Will I evolve if my battle is against no one?... will they wield a missingno.? D:

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:38 am

Yeah, if you kill someone you evolve. The case of lynches the first voter for the victim gets credit for the kill. Voting first in general and most likely voting first for a successful no lynch do nothing.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is great!

Post  nn8n on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:24 am

Everyone is doing such a great job at deducing the rules! I'm glad that I'm around a good group of people that have good heads on their shoulders! Wink

I also think it's awesome that some people are divulging that they have night powers, even though it's not common knowledge that everyone does! That'll lead to some fun investigations! Laughing

Last edited by AvosMeLardo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had an awesome thought!)

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:11 am

So, dead may communicate?

Also: Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry Perry

Now I don't have to care how often I say your name Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:44 am

Very funny, traitor :p

Why would the dead be able to communicate though? Especially with there being no alignment given upon death and with revives not being too uncommon in pokémon, i'd rather they stay dead and not fuck up the game

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:58 am

Once again, how should I know? In the last few games, it was stated, that the dead are not allowed to talk to each other. Maybe Minby missed to add this.

And Perry... history is written by the winners Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:09 am

You seem to grasp the basic concepts very well, which is good. The dead may talk with eachother this game.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top