TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Post  Fedaykin on Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 pm

I so called it. Ansem, you sneaky cult bastard Razz

The Mafia had bad luck as well, with the Vigilante and Paranoid Doc finding each other D1. Early D3, the cop and bodyguard joined the alliance, followed shortly by the roleblocker.

Success for Team Epic(yes, that was the name I came up with)!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu May 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Bwahahahaha, my first solo win! Whoohoo.
Shorts! Shoooooorts!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri May 13, 2011 12:34 am

Fucking mewtwos, always aiming to mess up my shit.
(seriously, that one is going on my "irrational hatred"-list)

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri May 13, 2011 2:48 am

Fucking vigilante wrecking my shit.

Even more hilarious from what I gathered, he tried to do so night 1 already!? you dastard

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 am

Weldar pointed me at you D:

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 am

TD: Yes, that was a Firefly reference, glad you caught it.
Sah: I'll be adressing those and a few other things in a post all about why I made the odd choices I made.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 am

Dunderhead Regular A-Tent wrote:Weldar pointed me at you D:

Hey I said maybe, I probably would have preferred no one that day, though it did work out well in the end seeing as if you hadn't been dead I probably would have put my vote one you when I had no idea who to go for, instead I had to find another hunch and managed to pick the mafia nightkiller before he got a chance to do any real harm. And Day 1 we weren't actually trying to kill you, the plan was Fed would kill you while I protected you, but someone had to go and roleblock me *glares*. But you were saved by your own powers anyway so all was well.

And yeah I gotta say all in all this game didn't really turn out too well. Partly due to the odd design choices and partly due to the players. There was a lot of inactivity, especially in the mafia it seems, part of that seems to have been due to a lot of people being busy but I think the problem was compounded by the design and bred a lot of apathy. I'm just gonna say this now, no affiliation reveals is a terrible idea. Maybe it could be done with a PUBLIC coroner (ie their results are posted publicly in thread by the host for all to see, and preferably the power transfers on death) it can work but otherwise it's really just terrible. Any sort of scumhunting become practically impossible, how can you draw any conclusions about the living when you hardly have any information about the dead. The whole thing becomes a shot in the dark relying almost entirely on power roles. And pms, while I did support them in the past this game has kinda turned me against them. I got an innocent coalition formed here without even trying to build when. Fed and I just sorta buddied and ended pretty trusting of each other by day 2, and days 2 and 3 there were public claims so of course I contacted them and by day 4 I got another powerole claiming to me out of the blue and suddenly we had a proper coalition on our hands. At that point I kinda took a mafia style appraoch to things. There was those main 5 trusted ones of us and a couple of semi confirmeds, we had a nightkill with Fed and another delayed one with me and Sah could scan people to either condemn or semi clear them. The strategy wasn't hunt down the mafia it was found a decent sized group of trusted people and kill everyone else, I don't really like it but with the no reveal I could hardly do anything else.
Also I have to say, the whole lynch battle thing while nifty really made pokemon knowledge far too important, especially since the no reveal meant that that stuff was pretty much the only public source of information we got, nifty as it was I'd say all things considered it wasn't that great an idea, as some people have said the necessity of knowledge of the source can really turn a lot of people off. Though apart from those few mechanical decisions the rest seemed okay, the role seemed well designed and fun (or at least most of them did, Requiem seems kinda overpowered, though I do suspect he may habe been bluffing about his number of vests, 1 or 2 would be much more reasonable and what the fuck was up with hudson) and the plots were nice enough. A decent game but yeah it had its flaws.

Also could we have a link to the mafia sideboard please?

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri May 13, 2011 6:56 am

Actually, I wasn't bluffing. Just figured I'd say that. I'm also curious what Hudson's power was.. Overall though, it turned out to be an overall good game for me. No reveals sucked, but the whole 'Team Epic' thing made it a lot easier. I'm still surprised that the town won though

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri May 13, 2011 9:48 am

Hudsons pokemon was eevee, hes prolly GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 am

I was the roleblocker. I could lick you and you'd be unable to do anything.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri May 13, 2011 10:16 am

I was the psychic gymleader with a loyal Abra. who could teleport out of harms way every other night......I could evolve, but I figured insinuating I couldnt would make me appear less of a threat to the mafia..........then comes the vig and kills me anyway

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri May 13, 2011 10:20 am

I tried telling people that if they attacked me they might die, and that that would keep them away from attacking me.
Turns out spont likes to gamble :p

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 am

Ansem wrote:Hudsons pokemon was eevee, hes prolly GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK

He had to be a dick to anyone and everyone, and he was immune from everything.

That role was literally made for me.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri May 13, 2011 11:39 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Calling it now.

Gary Oak wins the game.

Guess he didnt. Hah!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm

I was Youngster Joey, a townie, but got recruited by the mafia later on. My power was that every night I could ring someone up and tell them about my awesome Top Percentage Rattata. I was planning on spamming Snake every night, just to see him break and scream "DAMMIT JOEY STOP CALLING ME!" in the thread Laughing

AvosMeLardo wrote:I seriouslly didn't mean to piss anyone off.... I was supposed to be happy about a pointless Seedot. The only reason I was completely off the wall with voting is to hope I could evolve to be more use. But...in the end doesn't look like it really mattered.

You played awesomely this game Avos. The first few nights were hilarious. And what Snake said, don't get offended if people get pissy at you during the game. It's nothing personal against you, it's just in the spirit of the game.

Ansem wrote:Bwahahahaha, my first solo win! Whoohoo.
Shorts! Shoooooorts!

>Remembers when you offered her a pair of shorts and I politely declined
>Holy shit.

Despite everyone's complaints I did like the theme of the game. If anything Pokemon knowledge was a bit of a handicap; there were plenty of insane theories bandying about as people read too deep into things. What I didn't like though was that bullshit one-hour-tiebreak ruling of Minby's. It was completely and utterly unfair. It gave literally no chance for anybody involved in the argument (especially since half the players were in bed asleep), instead favouring whoever was online at the time. It was a terrible ruling and utterly, utterly unfair.

No death reveals: No. PMs allowed: HELL YES.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri May 13, 2011 3:51 pm

King Avalanche wrote:I was the psychic gymleader with a loyal Abra. who could teleport out of harms way every other night......I could evolve, but I figured insinuating I couldnt would make me appear less of a threat to the mafia..........then comes the vig and kills me anyway

Yeah about that, one of the biggest sources of suspicion against you, the claims you couldn't evolve, based on Fed being a Dragonite and the kill plots I figured it would be mostly the mafia who couldn't evolve. In trying to appear less of a threat to the mafia you made yourself appear as a threat to the innocents, oops.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri May 13, 2011 5:11 pm

While the town was gleefully cheering there victory, there was one person who was noticeably absent. Hudson was walking off on his own, away from everyone else. "We did it, Eevee!" He said to his partner. Good thing we didn't need any of those losers, right? "Eevee ee!" As the sun set behind them, Hudson sat down on one of the ruins to rest. "Sometimes, it's just nice to be number one!"

Hudson has won, congratulations!

Snake was right about Hudson's role, and as his last act of dickishness, he led you to think wrong one last time.
(I had planned this from the second I came up with this roll as another way to piss people off)

But yeah, I'll start wrapping thing up tomorrow with the town roles and the third party roles, then on Sunday I'll try and get to the Mafia roles, the unused roles, my answers to things I think were odd or even wrong with the game, as well as my final thoughts.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri May 13, 2011 5:28 pm

So we didn't really win? Wow, and to think this game couldn't get any shittier.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri May 13, 2011 6:11 pm

The winners are the Townies, Ansem, and Hudson.

Was that really difficult to understand?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri May 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:
Hudson has won, congratulations!

Snake was right about Hudson's role, and as his last act of dickishness, he led you to think wrong one last time.
(I had planned this from the second I came up with this roll as another way to piss people off)

Minby_Aran wrote:

Was that really difficult to understand?

uh yeah kind of

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri May 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Ok, my bad then...

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat May 14, 2011 6:38 pm

First off, The Town

5: Pokemon Trainer SnakeinaBox
Quester
Pokemon: Pikachu
Side: Town
You want to be the very best, like no one ever was. Your one goal is to be the pokemon champion, and you're going to go for it even through the recent deaths. During the dayphase, you can PM me the name of one player. If they are a Gym Leader, you will face them, and earn a Gym Badge. If they are anything else, nothing will happen. If you manage to get all eight badges, you will gain a new power for being a pokemon master. However, due to the fact that Gym Leaders are liable to die, if at any point you have beaten every Gym leader that is alive, you will also receive this power. Also, because you are so close, you cannot bear the thought of your beloved Pikachu evolving, so even if you preform the kill, you will not evolve. Besides, you don't even have a thunder stone.

This is the role that made me come up with the concept. Kind of a semi-cop, but not really. The big thing was that if he did get all of the leaders, he would become a vig that would only kill non-townies. a little broken, probably, but it was never a problem, because Snake died too early to really do anything at all. I was pretty disappointed, but what can you expect when he's considered the most dangerous player in the game.

6: Rock Leader Relmitos
Bulletproof
Pokemon: Geodude
Your rock-solid determination has helped you survive tough times before, now it's time for your real test. Each nightphase your Geodude preforms defense curl. Due to it's new, increased defense, it cannot be killed during the night. This action has a 50% chance of failing.

A half-bulletproof. As he evolved, he would get a boost in effectiveness each one, so first evo, 25% chance of failing, final evo, no chance of failing. He was inactive, and barely targeted, so it didn't really do much.

7: Fighting Leader Perrytheplatypus
Paranoid Gun Owner
Pokemon: Machop
You've been training all your life, and now it's time to show your skills. If anyone tries to target you at night, you have a 25% chance of having your Machop kill them.

The Granny, as some of you better know it, of this game had a lower chance to kill, but the same as Relm, the success rate would have went up to 50%, then 100% Sadly, the RNG didn't favor Perry, so he was killed off.

8: Poison Leader Weldar
Paranoid Doctor
Pokemon: Ekans
You're sneaky, conniving, and cunning, and you're going to use that to your advantage. Once per nightphase, you may select one player. They will be wrapped by Ekans, and both protected from kills, and roleblocked.

Finally, someone who got the chance to play a good game. Weldar used his powers well, and played a good game. When he evolved to an Arbok, he became a poisoner, and became a delayed vig, while keeping his old power. He made some good choiced, and was probably one of the reasons the town won.

9: Flying Leader TheTJ
Confuser
Pokemon: Pidgey
You're a free spirit, and although you've never been a people person, you're ready to help out. Once per nightphase, you may select one player, and having your Pidgey use gust, you will make them use their power on a random target.

Other than the happy guy, this is one of my favorite roles to use. It can really screw things up, but a lucky RNG spin could win the game. Unfortunately, he used his power only twice, and one of those times, the action was redirected back to it's original target. Had he evolved, he would have become a bus driver, able to switch two people. I'm pretty upset that TJ didn't play more, because this role usually leads to a lot of GM lols.

10: Ghost Leader TD260
Roleblocker
Pokemon: Ghastly
You're dark and mysterious. No one knows much about you, and in these trying times, that can be an advantage. Once per Nightphase, you may select one player. You will have your ghastly lick them preventing them from preforming their action.

TD played a pretty good game. He was able to stop some actions, but he missed a lot of nights, especially when you consider he was one of the few active people. When he evolved, he got the ability to restrict people's speech to three sentences when he blocked them, but it never got to have an effect.

11: Psychic Leader Avalanche
Commuter
Pokemon: Abra
You're smart and self-protective. You're looking out for yourself first, even if it could hurt others. Using your Abra, you can teleport away every other nightphase to avoid all night actions.

Avalanche got lucky a few times avoiding actions, but he eventually was killed off, sadly. He's always a good player, so it was a shame that he didn't get to get much play in.

12: Steel Leader Requiem
Vested bodyguard
Pokemon: Bronzor
You're one of the only veteran Gym Leaders left. Seeing all these young'uns becoming leaders in the wake of so many legends dieing makes you sick. You want to make sure you stay alive as long as you can, but because you're a Gym Leader, it's your job to help others. Once per nightphase, you may select one player and have Bronzor take the hit for them. The good thing for you is, you've trained your Bronzor to make it tough. You can take 5 hits. This includes lynches, being targeted at night by any type of killer, and if the person you're protecting gets targeted, you lose a hit, and they survive.

Requiem was probably THE most important factor in the town's win. He was down to hit last hit by the end of the game. I know a lot of people were shocked about a five hit bodyguard, but when you find out that the hits also include lynch attempts, and attacks against him, I think it works out to a good role when used by the right person, and Req definately did a good job. Had he evolved, he would have gotten some of his hits back.

13: Swimmer DarkFalco
Beloved townie
Pokemon: Tentacool
You love the water, you love your body, and you love your Tentacool. You use your body to get by, and as such, you need to have 1.5 times the number of votes to lynch you as the second highest number of votes to get lynched. What? Your beautiful Tentacool? Well, for now it's not useful. Maybe if it evolves...

An interesting role, in my opinion, that never got to be tested, since she was never targeted for a lynch. Probably good on my end, because I didn't need more people yelling at me for a lynch that was "wrong", I did enough of those on my own. I had a few ideas for when and if she evolved, but I hadn't chosen one yet. Fortunately, I didn't need to.

14: Watchman Sahrimnir
Cop
Pokemon: Growlithe
You're always on duty. Day and night, you need to make sure there aren't any criminals on the loose. Each nightphase, you may PM me the name of one player. I will reply to you with whether they are up to illegal activity or not. Don't fear, even if they are not up to no good on the night you check, if they're up to no good, you and your Growlithe are going to find it!

One of the most active players in the game, Sah got to create a powerful alliance that really powered through the game. The was the role was worded may have tipped Sah off that there were some people who would be scanned incorrectly, and looking at the people he scanned and who he targeted, he probably did. He became a vig who could only kill people he scanned guilty when he evolved. Also a bit broken? maybe, but I think it worked out, since he didn't need to use it.

15: Dragon Master Fedaykin
Vigilante
Pokemon: Dragonite
Ah, the mighty Dragon master and Pokemon Champion. Your name is known in every corner of the world. But what they don't know is that you're a cheat. You cheated to force your Dragonair to evolve early. But that's no matter now. In fact, it's good. As the only person with a fully evolved pokemon, you're very powerful. In fact, you've dedicated your time to weeding out the scum once and for all. During the nightphase, you may PM me the name of one player. They will be taken out by your Dragonite by the end of the night.

Fedaykin played a good vig. After a few (read: a lot) of town kills early on, his alliance finally caught up with the Mafia, and took them down. His is the first of two roles to be effected by the wording in Sah's post, because he "used illegal means to evolve his pokemon" so he scanned guilty.

16: Youngster Joey (Raya)
Friendly Neighbor
Pokemon: Rattata
You know your Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata, and you want to make sure everyone knows. You've busted out a phonebook, and you're ready to call. Once a nightphase, you may PM me the name of a player, and you'll call them and they'll be notified of your top percentage Rattata.

I wanted to have Youngster Joey in the game somehow, and a friendly neighbor role really fit. Unfortunately, Raya didn't even spend a full day-night cycle as Joey, as you'll see in a later post.

17: Picnicker AvosMeLardo
Happy Guy
Pokemon: Seedot
You're so happy because you found the greatest pokemon ever, a Seedot! You're so happy that nothing could bring you down! All of your posts must be positive, whatever the situation is. If you make a negative post, or even a post that isn't obviously positive, you will be given a warning. If you do it again, you will be modkilled. Not that you mind, as long as you have your beloved Seedot.

Of course, I hosted this game, didn't I? How could this not be a role? I chose seedot, because, next to Cubone, he's my favorite pokemon, but a Cubone would need to have a much more awesome role. If he leveled up, he would be able to "spread the happiness" and turn other roles into "happy guy __________" (cop, vig, etc.) He came back from near death to survive the whole game, so my respect to Avos. He also played one of the happiest happy guys I've ever seen.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat May 14, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm' gonna have to say, Requiem was still far too ridiculous. The fact his hits worked for lynches only make it worse if you ask me really (though I'm not the biggest fan of lynch stoppers in general). I agree the vested bodyguard is actually a really cool idea, an upgraded doc with limited shots but 5 is just too much, the fact he was on his last shot mean he stopped the mafia from doing anything for basically half the game and was still going. Love the idea but I'd go for 2 or 3 shots myself.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm a little frustrated that I didn't get informed of most of my hits I took apparently -.-
Aside from that, I too think that five was a bit much, but it's over now, so not much to be done about it. Honestly I think it may have helped balance things out though, with the no alignment info and such, helped keep the cop and vigilante alive thus making it a little less one sided

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun May 15, 2011 3:57 pm

18: Rival Trainer Hudsonboy111
Jerk
Pokemon: Eevee
Side: Self
You're just here for the hell of it! You know you're the best, and no one can beat you. All of your posts have to be mean-spirited, self loving, “I don't care about any of this”, or any combination of them. Just be an overall jerk to everyone. It's not like they can kill you, because if they try to kill you, the one who battles you will not only fail, but their pokemon will be hurt so badly that they won't be able to preform a night action that night. And if someone tries to come after you at night, forget about it! They'll be taken down too. In fact, the only way to take you down would be a unanimous vote. Other than that, you're invincible! Just make it to the end.

Here's a role that pissed off more than a few people. His only practical purpose in the game is to be a red herring for the Mafia to try to point out and save themselves. I've seen similar roles work pretty well, but when they're inactive, it kinda ruins the point. Gonna apologise here again for the misleading wording in his victory post.

19: Youngster Ansem
Cultist
Pokemon: Caterpie
Side: Shorts
Hi! You like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear! You want to spread the love of shorts around a bit. And by a bit, I mean a LOT. You want to show everyone how great shorts are. Once per nightphase you will be able to PM me the name of any player. They will be shown the wonder of shorts. Nothing else will change about them. They'll be exactly the same. Your goal is to make it so more than half of the players who are alive at the end of the game are wearing shorts. Even if you're dead, you can still win with that condition.

Another player who played their role really well. He started by trying to pick the more prolific players for the short-wearing, but was a bit un-lucky early on. He got really lucky, though, at the end. When he evolved, he was told nothing changed, but in reality, instead of needing 1/2 or more to win, he needed 2/5 or more to win, and he just barely got that, so congratulations on that, and on playing a good game.

20: ??? (Viero)
Lyncher
Pokemon: Cyndaquil
Side: Lyncher
You can't stand the crime syndicate. You've personally taken out most of Team Rocket. Now only Giovanni remains. He swears he's a changed man, but you don't trust him. You can't kill him by yourself, so you need someone else to do it for you, publicly. You can only win if Spontaneous Combustion is lynched.

Viero could have shortened the game a lot if he were active and people listened to him. But he wasn't, and so he didn't change the game at all. Fun fact, I gave him a Cyndaquill because I picked Chickorita in Crystal version.

21: Professor JGH27
Professor
Pokemon: Ditto
Side: Self
You've always wanted to become a recognized professor, but no one listens to you. You've only had one person come to you for help, an up and coming Pokemon Trainer named SnakeinaBox. He swore that he'll become a pokemon master someday. You win if he beats all of the gym leaders and becomes the pokemon master, even if he does after you die.

JGH probably never really knew what "beating" the gym leaders was, and he had no way to influence his victory, unless he was able to save Snake. But he didn't play, and Snake was night killed anyway, so he never really had a chance. I felt bad for him, so I tried to give him a good death post. It's up to him if he thinks it was.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top