TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Post  nn8n on Sun May 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Why did Ansem claim Rattata, if his was Caterpie?

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon May 16, 2011 2:59 am

I think thats a screw up on Minby's there, seeing as in the final post, i called forth my ratticate.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue May 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Mafia's secret board: http://t3hmafi0rz.forumotion.com/

1: Giovanni (Spont)
Ground Gym Leader/Team Rocket Leader
Pokemon: Mewtwo
Side: Mafia
You are Giovanni. You wear many hats, you are known for your prowess as Veridian's Gym leader, and as the ruthless leader of Team Rocket. Due to your Gym leader status, all of your operations seem completely legal, and you appear innocent to cops. You also have Mewtwo in your pocket, and if required to make your Mafia kill, you will learn your target's abilities. If you are chosen to recruit for the Mafia, the recruit will be a Rocket Grunt.

If Spont were more active, I was convinced he could have turned it around and won. He was scanned innocent, and he's a good player, but his inactivity doomed him. It's a shame. It could have been a very interesting endgame.

2: Maxie (Eisenbeißer)
Team Magma Leader
Pokemon: Groudon
Side: Mafia, anti-Archie
You are Maxie. You have a hatred for the sea, and your arch-rival Archie. You have, however, decided to put your differences aside your your own personal gain. You have captured Groudon, and with such a legendary pokemon, comes legendary power. There is one problem though. As long as Archie and Kyogre are alive, you cannot use your power. To win, there must be more Mafians than players with other affiliations, and Archie and any of his henchmen must be dead. If you are chosen to recruit for the Mafia, the recruit will be a Magma Grunt.

Eisen was killed off fairly early, but he was probably the most active mafian, especially on the private board. If you want to know what power he would have gotten, look at the next part of this post, and imagine it with a drought instead.

3: Archie (Omicron)
Team Aqua Leader
Pokemon: Kyogre
Side: Mafia, anti-Maxie
You are Archie. You have a hatred of land, and your arch-rival Maxie. You have, however, decided to put your differences aside your your own personal gain. You have captured Kyogre, and with such a legendary pokemon, comes legendary power. There is one problem though. As long as Maxie and Groudon are alive, you cannot use your power. To win, there must be more Mafians than players with other affiliations, and Maxie and any of his henchmen must be dead. If you are chosen to recruit for the Mafia, the recruit will be an Aqua Grunt.

Omi was a virtual no-show the whole game, and yet, he managed to get his special power for one day before he died. He was able to "flood the land" and make whoever had the highest number of votes get lynched, and prevent any night actions. (One time use, to prevent h4x)

4: Cyrus (DRTJR)
Team Galactic Leader
Pokemon: Arceus
Side: Mafia/Self
You are Cyrus. You've hated the world for as long as you can remember, and for just as long, you've wanted to destroy it and build up a new world under your rule. To do so, you've teamed up with your fellow Team leaders, and captured the all-powerful Arceus. You can win with the Mafia by outnumbering the other players, but you can also quit the Mafia and become self aligned if all other non-galactic Mafians are dead. When self aligned, your goal is to be the last one standing. To help you with this, your henchman, provided you have one, will be promoted and stay aligned with you. You will also be allowed to attack a player each nightphase, and because of Arceus' strength, it is an unblockable kill. If you are chosen to recruit for the Mafia, the recruit will be a Galactic Grunt.

DRTJR started off very smart by not telling his fellow mafians that he could go off on his own. Sadly, when he died, they actually felt that they had been strengthened. You can actually see where they said it in their forum.

To all Mafians:
Hello, scum. You four, Spontaneous Combustion, Eisenbeißer, Omicron Austin, and DRTJR are this game's Mafia. As you have seen in your roles, you are able to recruit another player to the Mafia. You will be able to talk amongst yourselves during the first dayphase, and by the end of the first dayphase, you will each PM me the decision you've all reached on who will recruit, and who will be recruited. If your decisions don't match, you will not recruit, and you will be at a disadvantage. Be aware, not all roles can be recruited. However, also know that the recruited shall lose their powers and their pokemon, and get new ones depending on which team they join. Good luck on your decision. You will recieve a link to your private forum once the game starts. I ask you to wait to discus your choice until the game starts, but you scum can never be trusted...

As far as I can tell, they did follow the rules, and kept mum until the game started, so I thank all of the Mafians for that. On a more serious note, this was one of the twists I liked most about this game, and it always seemed to me that if the Mafia picked right, they won the game right there, essentially. However, they chose Raya who, and I'll be talking about that lynch in another post, was killed off right afterwards. It was a shame because her knowledge of Pokemon and her skill at this game would have been a huge advantage.

Rocket Grunt Raya
Roleblocker
Pokemon: Rattata
Side: Mafia
You have been convinced by the charming, charismatic, and commanding Giovanni to join the ranks of Team Rocket. You are now a Mafian and are sided completely with the Mafia. You have lost your pokemon and your powers, but have gained new ones. Once every nightphase, you can use your rattata to cut the powerlines to someone's house, preventing them from preforming their night action.

I still grin when I think about how Raya didn't have to change pokemon from one role to the next. She had seemed to be ready to control the Mafia from the moment she joined, but never got the chance.

Coming up in my next post, a few roles that I REALLY wanted to implement, but didn't, either because I couldn't balance them, couldn't finish the idea, or just plain had too few people to use it. And then, my controversy post about all of my (many) mistakes or decisions that not all of you agree with.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:45 am

THIS IS PART OF THE MAFIA FINALE. Make sure you're starting from the mafia thread itself.

Raya struck out with an uppercut, and Quaetam swiped down to block. The mist rose around him, decaying the trees, eating into the buildings, and lashed forward, carrying with it the full fury of a blazing demise. The storm raged with a force beyond reckoning; small leaves and bits of detritus whipping about amidst the rain and the thunder. Green light flared, illuminating the odd town around them, and golden flashes pierced the stormy night as Raya struck again and again, from above, from below, with speed unmatched even by her godly opponent.

They progressed through the town square, past alternating wooden and steely houses. All seemed deserted, boarded up, overgrown, or blasted to bits, as if nature itself had rebelled against them. It was another ghost-town, another dark fate, another world Quaetam prophesized and Raya sought to prevent. Raya’s gaze left the battle as a green flare illuminated the sterile oddity of it all, and she faltered.

Quaetam slashed out, his blade catching her arm, and though she gritted her teeth against the pain she did not fail, she did not weaken. She lashed back once more, a flurry of blows against the encroaching demon, struggling upwards with the force of a dawning hope.

The fallen angel was rising.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Back to top