TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 12: The Very Best

Post  JGH27 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Knock it off Snake, stop being a douche.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Mafia bro, free terrain.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 pm

No, just because you're playing a game doesn't mean you can ignore mod warnings. Don't be a dick. We can look the other way on minor aggression for the sake of mafia games, because we know they're usually just games, but as soon as things start getting personal, we're not afraid to tell you to knock it off.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:
If you would rather die, well then you had better do so, and decrease the surplus population.
bad idea but still quoting scrooge ftw....yeah still not sure whats up with avos...might end up voting him but for now vote: no one

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Wow, can you believe that the theme of the game ACTUALLY DOES HINDER THE PLAYERS ABILITY TO FOLLOW ALONG??!?!?!

Well of course knowledge of the source is always going to help when it comes time to play the role guessing game (or the fakelciaming game) but that's pretty well unavoidable and is generally a fairly minor thing (or at least it should be).

As for Avos, honestly I didn't get the impression he was a fool at all. He's a little strange but I dunno Avos often does come across as slightly... odd I guess fairly often. He's certainly doing it moreso than usual here but really I hardly even took much notice of it unitl everyone started making a big deal of it. And then things just got all blown out of proportion. That said I'm pretty sure Minby did say he was a fan of those roles like the happy guy so maybe this could be a restriction.

Going back on track I must say I disagree with your implied sentiment of not letting people evolve Snake. As I said earlier I feel the good of spreading evolutions around outweighs the good. Yes the mafia getting an evolution isn't very good but the blow is sort of softened by the fact they probably would have gotten it through nightkilling sometime in the next few days anyway, and if they evolve through lynch we'll get some flavour on them which could be beneficial to us. And of course going off good old fashioned statistic we are more likely to have innocents evolving which is purely a good thing (though it does make them a bit of a target). That said a lot of that earlier post depended on hypotheticals about the nightplot and evolution flavour so this time I think I'll agree with the masses and,
Vote: No Lynch (No one's died enough day 1 lately, let's kill his cousin No Lynch instead Razz )
The nightplot should clear up half of those hypotheticals and then we can proceed as normal tomorrow and hopefully have an evolution, thereby clearing up the rest and I'll see what I think from there.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:49 am

Weldar wrote:As I said earlier I feel the good of spreading evolutions around outweighs the good.
That's totally how science works.

VOTE: Avos

You know me, always advocating the statistically favorable day one lynch. Avos already looks suspicious as hell for reasons stated by others (primarily, pretending to be a fool to possibly hide a mafian role), and if he's a fool, so be it. If he wins day one, it will feel like less of a loss than if he won later on.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 am

Good > Good, you heard it here first folks (this is why you don't stop writing stuff mid sentence)

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:58 am

eh, lets get day 1 out of our systems. vote: Nobody

And Snake, your not the only one who can't evolve.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:27 am

Vote: Mr. Nobody

Meh.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:15 am

It's not much to base on, but Weldar's giving me a wrong vibe with his posts.
I know he's an analytic player and thinks things through alot, but his first post is all about how the mafia can evolve without having to bother with lynches. There's not really a need to think of that when you're not mafia.
And then he goes saying that everyone should get evolutions, even if we risk making the mafia any stronger.

I'm just... watching you weldar.
FoS: Weldar

And my vote stays on no one, btw. I wonder how much exp. I'll get for putting him in a chokehold :p

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happiest guy evar!

Post  nn8n on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:26 am

Wow Willow, look at that bonfire! Makes me forget everything else in the world! Come here! ::hugs him, and squeezes him, and pets him::

You're the best! As long as you are next to me nothing else matters! ::they stare into each others googly eyes!::

Willow...

Will you marry me!!!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:31 am

uhm......maybe he's trainer Dismal with his Umbreon named Willow? I really dont even......

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:38 am

This is rapidly changing from a mafia game into a really terrible fanfiction...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:50 am

Okay how the hell did I not see this earlier? Avos in the president of the pokemon fanclub isn't he? Hey Avos can I have a bike voucher? Razz

The fact you can evolve through nightkills is right there in the OP. I simply remembered it since I made my post shortly after reading it and it seemed relevant to the discussion. Like I said (or rather failed to say due to typos) I feel the good of evolution outweighs the ill. What's the point in getting so worried about handing the mafia extra powers when they can gain those powers without our help if we're so inclined. If anything trying to avoid evolutions would help the mafia. Townies can't gain any new powers (except vigs I guess) but the mafia still can. And then there's the whole flavour being revealed with evolutions which is the really interesting part if you ask me. Yeah there's some risk in evolutions but I really feel being overly cautious about it will just hurt in the long run. Really all in all it's hardly worse than the risk involved in just lynching.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:54 am

Bikes are way overrated! You should just skip and whistle next to your pokemon! sunny

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:11 am

come on, vote no one already Razz

Avos seems to be a fairly dead end, and the mafia will likely kill him just to be rid of him.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 am

-.-
VOTE:AVOS probably a jester but meh It's worth it

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:49 am

Eh, I'm not going to condemn someone because of his restriction.Vote: Minby; he's mafia, I promise.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:57 am

Or worse.

Vote:Minby

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:43 am

Vote:Avalanche

So, everyone is grasping at straws? Dont leave me behind! Just because i'm young, doesnt mean i cant help!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:38 am

As I said before. I think Avos is trying to get lynched. So with it being the first day and nobody that really stands out at the moment.

VOTE:Minby

That crafty bastard.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:25 am

My thought process:
"Hm... A lot of people seem to be voting for Minby. I'll re-read the thread to see what he did that was so suspicous... Oh right, he's the host..."

Sure, why not.

Vote: Minby

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:32 am

Poor Minby... Well, such is the risk of hosting

Vote: Minby

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 am

Okay, I have got to say this. It's been said time and time again, but no one seems to pay it much mind. Voting No One round one statistically hurts the town.

For one thing, it's impossible to kill a mafian with a no one vote. If there were, say, 4 mafians then we would have a 4 in 20 chance of hitting one if we vote. If we vote no one that turns into a 0 in 20 chance.

It also helps the mafia hide. If someone pushes real hard for a kill and it turns out to be a townie, then they're either mafia or unlucky. But if 15 people go with a no vote then there's no real voting record to go on and the mafia gets a free night action early game, sometimes two!

Worst of all, it's the easiest and safest way to deflect a kill off of an actual mafian without looking suspicious.

The ONLY advantage it offers to the town isn't even to the town side, it's to the individual player. ASnd that advantage is that instead of looking suspicious they only look SORTA suspicious.

So come on guys, don't know vote, it only hurts the town.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:56 am

TheTJ wrote:Okay, I have got to say this. It's been said time and time again, but no one seems to pay it much mind. Voting No One round one statistically hurts the town.

For one thing, it's impossible to kill a mafian with a no one vote. If there were, say, 4 mafians then we would have a 4 in 20 chance of hitting one if we vote. If we vote no one that turns into a 0 in 20 chance.

It also helps the mafia hide. If someone pushes real hard for a kill and it turns out to be a townie, then they're either mafia or unlucky. But if 15 people go with a no vote then there's no real voting record to go on and the mafia gets a free night action early game, sometimes two!

Worst of all, it's the easiest and safest way to deflect a kill off of an actual mafian without looking suspicious.

The ONLY advantage it offers to the town isn't even to the town side, it's to the individual player. ASnd that advantage is that instead of looking suspicious they only look SORTA suspicious.

So come on guys, don't know vote, it only hurts the town.
I've said the same thing; people won't listen.

Maybe it's a morality issue. Plus, it's hard for a large group of people to cooperatively vote for the same essentially random person, what with no leads on day one.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top