The Witcher 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Witcher 2

Post  .. on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Spoiler:

The Witcher 1 was pretty good in my opinion. It was a really dark RPG, though not everyone would be able to get into it. The gameplay was pretty simple, and could get repetitive but I didn't mind it. The story and atmosphere were really good, and atmosphere is one of the top things I look for in a game. The cutscenes and voice acting were good, however sometimes the cutscenes could be awkward as the camera wouldn't be placed at a good angle, I had something like that a couple of times but other than that it was ok.

The Witcher 2 looks better than Witcher 1, and I hope it also plays better. Supposedly it will have a more dynamic combat. It should also be non-linear and have more exploration in it, which I am also looking forward to. It seems to keep that dark atmosphere that Witcher 1 has. I hope they add a lot more potions and keep the system where you have to buy books to learn more about creatures, ingredients, and potion recipes.

Supposedly Witcher 2 will have an "Insane" mode, somewhat similar to that of Diablo 2 and Deadspace 2. In Insane mode, you can save all you want, but if you die the saves are locked and you have to start all over. Pretty much, "one life rule". This is intriguing and I may find myself trying to get through the game without dieing.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Witcher 2

Post  Smashy B on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:32 pm

This game is on my radar. Can't say I'll get it at launch cause I need to play Witch 1, and that'll be a summer game. But yeah, looking forward to seeing how well this will do.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Some screenies of The Witcher 2 I got from steam if anyone hasn't looked at them. Just posting them here anyways even though the thread gets very little activity.

Really looking forward to this game.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbei├čer on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:52 am

The pictures of the new Witcher are awsome. lol!

Eisenbei├čer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:14 am

Indeed they are my friend, indeed they are.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Hm,makes me consider giving the franchise a chance. How much is the ending of part 1 influencing the sequel?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:49 pm

From what I understand, very little. Although at the end of the first game it does hint the second game. The second game has nothing to do with the main story of the first game. It just comes directly after the first game.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 pm

So, I now own this game. A friend steam gifted it for me. I am excited, yet bummed at the prospect of not having a capable computer to play it. I'll let you know what I think sometime over summer... after I'm able to finally play DA2.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue May 17, 2011 5:40 am

I counted the hours last night, it was supposed to release off Steam at 12 PM today, turns out they released it already. This is good for me, now I can start downloading it and it will be done by the time I get home from school.

Really looking forward to this game.

No doubt my PC will be able to handle it, this thing runs NASA.... and Aperture.

Lets just hope I am not disappointed with this game like some others... (Looking at you Crysis 2.)

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 pm

this game looks gorgeous...too bad all i've got is my laptop and it has problems even running things like runescape Razz

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 pm

I still have about an hour to go on the download. The game is 16.2 GB most games I see on steam barely hit 10 GB. So I am expecting this game to be full of content. I just hope what they said about it before a more open world is true.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

I can't believe I have to say this, but the game looks so great that I have to run it on High settings instead of Ultra.

I usually end up buying a new Graphics Card when I buy a new PC. This PC barely hits 60 FPS on Ultra, after that bragging of my PC, TW2 spits in my face. I am impressed but the game so far, even though I have yet to go through combat.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed May 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Ok this is the last post I am going to make consecutively, granted it is spread out through a decent amount of time, it still looks like a triple post.

But anyways, finished the game today. I didn't rush through it or anything, tried to do all the quests. It took 35 hours to finish. Great story, combat, cutscenes, etc. I love this game, definitely an improvement to The Witcher 1. If you are looking for a good RPG type game, please look at The Witcher 2, its fantastic.

Spoiler:
The Witcher 3? Granted it didn't have a cutscene at the end to suggest there is another game but it left some things on a cliffhang. But maybe CDProjekt intended it to be that way. Really its up in the air, there could be another one, then again there might not be. But one of the achievements is "To Be Continues..." So pretty much I suspect another game, or DLC to continue some more. Who knows.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top