Ever had one of those gaming sessions where everything just goes right?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ever had one of those gaming sessions where everything just goes right?

Post  Relmitos on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm

See title.

HOLY SHIT, I just booted up Phantasy Star Universe to restart my game in story mode (because I played it online ages ago and Sega shut down the servers). It took me so long because my Force had gotten to over level 100, bought all my spells, leveled them a good bit, gotten great equipment, the works, and it was hard to go "ok, time to start over". So, what happens? I enter a side quest after doing the first main mission because side quests unlock as you progress in the mission, and I do them to level and get Meseta (cash). GOOD LORD though, luck was a lady tonight! The first run netted me a Rappy Mode slot unit, and 4 Neiclaws. The Neiclaws sell to an NPC for 22500 each, and I wanted the Rappy Mode, so I kept that. The Neiclaws bought me 6 staves at 10000 each and a slew of spells. I figure "oh hey, lets go run it again to finish the rest of the spells off". I got only 1 Neiclaw, and I was sad because I thought that streak was over. BUT, a single room saw 3 Rappy Mode's drop. Those are supposed to be more rare then a Neiclaw, those have a higher star rate and the glorious part? 60,000 Meseta per. Meseta is a PAIN to get in this game normally, and what do I have at level 14? ALL the tiers of magic, (basic, Ra-, Gi-, Dam-; all of which combined roughly ='s 77k), the support spells, and now I have 2 of the best buyable staves in the game (90 thou per).

TL;DR: I bought 306,150 Meseta worth of gear and spells within 3 missions. THAT'S NOT RIGHT!

Last edited by Relmitos on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ever had one of those gaming sessions where everything just goes right?

Post  Avalanche on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Sometimes in competitive games really.

Chainstabbing 8 people (i.e. the entire enemy team) around the cart in tf2 probably being the most defining one

Single Player games sometimes get moment of fist pumpingly awesome moments, but I wouldn't know a example this quick Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Crazy Gamer on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:53 am

Well, I did beat the 5th gym leader of Johto with a lvl 15 Wobbuffet once...does that count?

Little Crazy Gamer
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I have one that comes to mind.

I was playing Legend of Dragoon and I got to one of the more harder bosses.

He somehow misses EVERY SINGLE ATTACK. It is rare enough for a boss to get a miss (save for one) but to get one every turn of the fight? God damn. Either VERY lucky or a glitch just because of how crazy it was. lol Though with me loving hard bosses. And that I loved the boss in general. I decided to restart. But still was fucking crazy. lol

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 pm

I had a lot of these moments in Dynasty Warriors Online. I always join the Kingdom of Shu when a new scenario comes around. You have several kingdoms campaigning to take over China. Anyways, even though I am in the weakest Kingdom, I still manage to easily beat out all the other Kingdoms in Melee.

But with my luck I will never win again because I typed that.

I have had times where I completely dominate a server in TF2, but I don't play TF2 anymore.

Same goes for DoD:S, I used to dominate in that game as well.

And Battlefied Bad Company 2, as long as there was no cheap-ass sniper with the SVU Sniper. That thing pisses me off.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:11 pm

The game is Homeworld 2. HW2 is a space RTS featuring 3D movement. There's a map called Tree of Life I believe (probably wrong, but w/e) that's centered around the vertical, with six resource patches (read: possible bases) spread around a ring, and three vertical rings above and below each with less (first above and below has four, second has three, third has one). In the center is a massive radiation patch, etc.

Anyways, I'm playing with my brother and a different friend. It's a 2 v 2 v 2 meaning each of us has one AI partner. My brother starts turtling, essentially, and his AI, surprisingly, does the same after an initial attack on me I repelled. I initially rush and kill my friend's AI, and my friend attacks mine so I say fuck it and continue the rush at my friend as well (momentarily forgetting about my brother's team). My friend's entire fleet is attacking my AI so his mothership (essentially command center) is undefended, and I kill it. He's still alive though because he has a shipyard (read: backup command center) at the bottom of the map, but he doesn't have the cash to do much with it, so he's kinda stuck gradually building. At this point his fleet gets mopped up by my AI and I who work together to take him out. That's all well and good. I kill my brother's AI pretty quickly and wage 2 wave assault from three directions on my brother. It works, destroying all his major production ships and leaving him with just a battlecruiser and handful of smaller vessels to stay alive.

However, as I send the second wave to finish him off, four battlecruisers from my friend's supposedly dead AI hyper in right by one of my underdefended shipyard groups. I manage to kill one and the rest all jump around and start blowing everything up. The AI ally had a shipyard in the middle of nowhere for some reason and was fueling an economy off the wreckage of his old dead ships. That sort of economy can be extremely profitable. Knowing I was fucked, I left all my guard forces at the Mothership, the second wave having finished off my brother but been reduced to nothing but three bomber squads in the process (keep in mind he was turtling all game. It's hard to break through that)

Anyways my last shipyard blows as it's just about to finish a battlecruiser, which sucks since I lose all the cash for that. However, my last bomber squad manages to take out the battlecrusier. I'm left with nothing but a bomber squad and a carrier that has only a research module. My cash: 100 RU. Resource collectors cost 400 RU. Shit.

I dismantle the research module on the carrier to just barely have enough cash to build a collector, start making a small economy knowing I don't have much time until my friend finds me, manage to get about four collectors, rebuild the research module, and get a hyperspace module, then have enough cash to make a jump over to the other side of the map where my AI ally is. Just as I make the jump I see another hyper window opening. It's my friend, depositing a battlecruiser. I make it out in hilarious lucky time. All of my collectors die though, as I'd forgot to dock them. My bombers stay there and destroy the battlecruiser's engines then flee and make it free with only one fighter left in the squad (I dock them for full health again). At this point I had no cash again and no collectors again. I again had to retire a module, this time a hyperspace one so I could at least keep the research one, and rebuild. Thanks to my AI friend being there, I was able to produce an economy again. I built a gravity well generator to stop my friend from hyperjumping right next to me and finishing me off and figured out that he was on the bottom of the map so I positioned my bombers to intercept any jumps he'd make. That one squad of bombers disabled three battlecruisers' missile batteries, allowing me to capture them with one marine frigate (one at a time, of course). I took my three new prizes and killed off my friend, and by this time had a large enough economy to back them off with a small fleet and take out my friend's ally for a victory.

So many things worked out just right. It was probably one of the most hilarious and awesome gaming sessions and craziest comebacks (even though HW2 is likely my best game) that I've ever had.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Occassionally I have perfect or flawless Left 4 Dead 2 games, where I just effortlessly carry my team, killing all the zombies, taking out SIs, and just fucking shit up.

Specific example, we were playing Dark Carnival, having a really good game, when we reached the alley at the end of Kiddyland, there was a witch spawned right in the middle, and it was too tight to pass her, and most of the enemy team spawned. As the only one with a shotgun, I move forward to crown the witch, but before I can, a charger drops down on me, so without touching the witch, i flicked my aim off of her and onto the charger, killing him, then a heard a hunter dropping towards me so i crowned the witch, melee'd the hunter out of his pounce and droped him, then as i turned to rejoin my team, spotted a boomer creeping up behind them and took him out with the magnum.

It might not sound wholly impressive, but I was shaking afterwards, everything totally went my way.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Little Crazy Gamer wrote:Well, I did beat the 5th gym leader of Johto with a lvl 15 Wobbuffet once...does that count?

8th, with a lvl 25. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Heh, I dunno Surge, I thought that sounded pretty sweet.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top